A New Era of Wedding Entertainment.

- DJing Meets Live Piano Instrumentation -     Hi! My name is Stephen and I want to DJ your wedding. I have been entertaining audiences of all sizes, all over the world, for over a decade. As a classical pianist from the College of Charleston, I quickly found my niche in incorporating live piano instrumentation while DJing and have been fortunate enough to play at many amazing weddings from coast to coast. My full-time and sole focus is on unique, high-energy wedding entertainment. Everything you are about to see here and own my website is from over 550 weddings from all over the country the last 6 years. Instead of telling you what I do, I'd like to show you. Please take a look at my videos! What I do is very unique and I would love to share it with you and your guests!

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kim W

I have been a banquet captain for a caterer here in Charleston, SC for almost 4 years. I have seen literally EVERY wedding band and DJ in Charleston in action. Some good, some mediocre at best, and then.....there is Stephen. He is the guy that every vender gets excited about... Read More when they know he is the DJ. Simply put, Stephen is truly amazing. Entertainment was very important to us and the FIRST thing I did was make sure I had Stephen at my wedding. He is definitely the most booked DJ in town and it was my first phone call. Luckily I know the industry here and I got him locked in because I was ahead of the game. Just like every other time I have seen him, he absolutely CRUSHED it at our wedding. My friends and family were blown away and still are texting and emailing me about "the wedding of the year." The energy he creates is contagious and the way he puts together all of the music and plays a piano is the most unique thing you will ever see. I also really enjoyed working with him one and one. He met with us 2 different times and made sure we got everything we wanted and we more than did. Stephen also is just a great person. My fiance loves him and really got excited and involved once we sat down and talked with Stephen. Our wedding stood out because our entertainment was as good as it gets. If you are reading this, I strongly recommend you reach out to Stephen immediately and get him booked ASAP. It by far will be the very best decision you make for your wedding. I speak from experience and first hand knowledge of the Charleston wedding industry - I have seen it all, and he's the best of the best. THANK YOU STEPHEN WE LOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!

2016-09-12T13:28:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I just saw this and wanted just say how much I appreciate the kind words. I had an amazing time with your friends and family. Now you can call him your "husband" not your "fiancé" HAHA! THANKS AGAIN GANG!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Savannah L

THE BEST!!!! Seriously the best DJ we could have imagined. Steven was so great to work with. He really turned our reception into a party fit exactly to my husband and I's taste in music. He was fun and energetic as well as kind. BOOK DJ DARBY!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Emma B

Stephen from Darby Events is a very special individual. We found his videos while searching for music for our wedding and were simply amazed. Fast forward to last weekend and the compliments from my friends and family have not stopped. He is absolutely incredible at what he... Read More does! He even helped us when we asked for a friend to sing for our Ceremony. From the beginning, he helped us make decisions about things I never even though to think of and he truly knows his craft. He was really fun to work with along the way and consider him a friend now. Thank you so much for making our wedding a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Lacy P

I would most definitely recommend NOT using Darby Events and trusting them with your wedding day. I booked Stephen over a year out from our wedding and 14 days before our wedding he cancelled on us. Our wish was that he would have told us earlier so that we would have had more... Read More time to find a replacement. He wasn't wonderful to work with from the beginning either. The first check I sent him, he lost record of it and I had to go into my bank statements to send him proof of the check clearing. He was never fast to respond to emails and didn't seem to care much at all about our wedding day. Stephen was the ONLY reason I settled for a DJ instead of a band because of his different style and I thought that he would be something new and different that our guests wouldn't have experienced before. This wedding was my LIFE for a year and a half and something I've dreamed about since I was a little girl and having to find a new DJ 14 days before my wedding was NOT a fun experience. Not only was he supposed to provide music for our reception, but also the ceremony music and uplighting, so we were left with none of that when he cancelled. Luckily, he did refund my money, but without ever saying anything. He simply sent the money and nothing else, no apology or any evidence that he felt sorry about what was done.

2017-10-09T12:00:49 Response from the vendor

This review is disturbing and inaccurate and our team did not provide any services for any individual describing this scenario. This not a real review and we are working to understand if this a personal attack or something else. We have addressed this and reported... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Haley T

Stephen Darby was an incredible DJ and performer for our wedding. He kept the dance floor packed - there was so much energy all night! Furthermore, he was great to work with through the wedding planning process. Could not recommend him more highly. Thank you Stephen for... Read More helping make our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Ashley Z

Stephen is hands down, not only the best wedding DJ in Charleston, but the country. If you want your dance floor packed, Stephen is your guy. At our wedding this weekend, Stephen had grandparents and relatives ---who we haven't seen dance in years--- getting after it on the... Read More dance floor with so many of our younger guests. Stephen has a style and a song for anyone. Our wedding was a BLAST because of Stephen, who is a true entertainer, and who is clearly passionate about his craft. Even after the wedding, our guests ranging in ages of 8 and 80 keep talking about how great of a job he did. Thank you so much Darby Events!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Pamela C

Stephen was so incredible. After speaking with him on the phone we knew he was the perfect fit for our wedding. He was so easy to get in touch with and saw our vision for our wedding. He executed that vision perfectly as everyone was on the dance floor the entire night. I would... Read More highly recommend Stephen and Darby Events!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Brandon S

Thank You again for being part of our special day! Your setup was amazing and everything flowed together so smoothly. I can’t tell you how many weddings we have attended and the DJs were horrendous, but your setup was an art form. Kept to our timeline to almost the second. There... Read More wasn't one beat that was skipped!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Sarah M

Stephen is a total pro and a joy to work with. We hired a wedding planner (Mike Winship) about 18 months ahead of our wedding and the first thing he said was "Book Stephen Darby before you do anything else." Once we spoke with Stephen and heard some of his work we were sold. So... Read More glad we booked when we did because he was almost totally filled up for the year. Our dance floor was PACKED the whole night and I can't even count how many people said Stephen was the best wedding DJ they'd ever experienced. Aside from the music, Stephen was super helpful with general wedding advice based on the hundreds of weddings he's worked. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Total rockstar!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jennider W

We are all just blown away. I’m not even sure where to start but I can say that Stephen is one of the most talented people I have ever been around or seen perform. Our wedding was in Manhattan and he came from Charleston to be apart of our special day. Everything was just... Read More seamless and he and his team are true professionals. His ability to mix and match music while incorporating the piano piece of his performance had everyone in awe. Working with him was a real pleasure and he was hands down THE BEST vendor choice I made for my wedding. I do not think I have ever understood the importance of music at a wedding but I do now and will say that he is light years better than anything we have ever seen in our attendance of 20+ weddings. He is absolutely in a league of his own and was worth every single penny. I STRONGLY encourage you to book Stephen, but do it early. I know he one of the top wedding DJs in the country and we had to book 22 months out just to get him, and we were lucky to. I LOVE YA STEPHEN!! Thanks you so so so much for giving me the wedding of my dreams.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stephanie S

HE WAS THE BEST!!!! I was so excited when I found Stephen, as soon as I watched his videos my husband and I knew that he was going to be amazing. Stephen was so responsive and helpful to work with the entire year of planning, he even made some special songs happen for us to make... Read More the evening extra special. I am know as the dancing queen at our friend's weddings and it was really important to us that our wedding was the best dance party ever, without a doubt, due to Stephen, it was. Beyond being the best DJ ever, he was so helpful at helping me with information about the venue and things regarding the layout so that we could be loud and not worry, recommended an amazing lighting vendor, and worked with our groomsmen to surprise us with a special performance. I only wish I could do it all over again to work with him!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Brooke G

Stephen Darby of Darby Events is THE DJ you have been looking to book for your wedding or special event. He can read the audience, is super personable, has an amazing selection of music, and most importantly, he is extremely talented! When you have Stephen at your event you not... Read More only have a DJ but live entertainment; his ability to mash up songs and incorporate the piano creates a sound that's like no other entertainment out there. Our guests could not stop raving about our music! He kept our guests dancing the whole night. We all had a BLAST! Stephen was also very responsive to our emails and was able to honor all of our music requests. My only word of caution would be not to wait - book him ASAP! Thank you, Stephen, for helping to make our wedding a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Christie B

Oh. My. Gosh. One of the BEST parts about our wedding was Darby. If you want people dancing all night on your dance floor-including your grandmother-hire Darby ASAP. I have gotten more positive feedback about our music than anything else from our guests. No only is Darby the... Read More most awesome person to deal with, he KILLS it throughout the entire night. We had him for our ceremony music-he nailed it, our cocktail hour-played really amazing piano riffs with music everyone loved and then had everyone dancing during the reception. Unreal. I'd give him 10 stars if I could. We also used his photobooth which came with print outs, a photo attendant and every prop you could imagine. Freaking adore you Darby !!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Jamie C

Darby was awesome! He did our ceremony as well as our wedding reception. We had numerous guests come up to us and tell us about how great he was! On top of having guests of all ages dancing all night. Thank you Stephen for making our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Laura J

Our planner recommended Stephen with Darby Events for our wedding from the moment we started discussing DJs. She assured us that he was amazing and we would not be disappointed and she was absolutely right! We talked to Stephen on the phone and listened to some of his music on... Read More his website and were obsessed immediately! We don't have enough incredible things to say about him on our wedding night! He did our ceremony music as well as our reception music and it was flawless! We received so many compliments from our guests on the music and how he was so amazing and reading the crowd. My requests in a DJ were that he not talk too much, trying to put on a show beyond the music and that he be able to keep our guests up and on the dance floor all night long. He literally did both of these things more perfectly that I could have ever imagined! I think we heard his voice only when he was making announcements that we wanted him to make it and otherwise, he was so focused on the crowd and the music! The dance floor was full from the moment the music started, and the music he chose for during our dinner was amazing! We got compliments on so many parts of our wedding, but the compliments we received about Stephen outnumber the rest for sure! He created such a fun atmosphere and everyone from our friends to our grandparents commented on how amazing the DJ was! He was so nice and easy to communicate with, hugging both my groom and I and telling us how beautiful our wedding was. He was such a pleasure to work with and did SUCH an incredible job! Book him, he is incredible! I don't have one single complaint and every single guest loved him and the music he played! I can't rave about him enough, I really can't!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Katelynn R

I'm a Charleston Wedding Planner but recently had my bride-moment when I got married here in February! I knew once our plans started to fall into place that I needed to contact Stephen about his availability for our reception. There are many bands and DJs available to Charleston... Read More brides, but I knew that Stephen brought something different to the table with his DJ + Piano style, and at the end of the day we wanted our guests to experience that! I have been recommending Stephen to brides for years, and now, I can say even more confidently than I did before, that he is THE right choice for you. I've seen many packed dance floors as a result of his performances + he definitely didn't disappoint at our wedding! We had people of all ages on the dance floor ALL night (I know, because I never left the dance floor either!) + it was the.best.ever! My husband even said "I didn't realize our wedding would be THAT fun!" I've received so many compliments about the entertainment and party thanks all thanks to him. If I could exclusively work with a vendor for DJ services, I'd chose Stephen, again and again and recommend you do the same! He's amazing + you'll definitely be making the right choice by choosing to work with him for your big day or corporate/social event!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Megan D

My husband and I recently hired Darby for our wedding ceremony and reception music. Let me tell he was absolutely amazing!!! For real, our guests can not stop talking about how great he was!!During our ceremony, it was time for the best man to give the officiant the rings, but... Read More he forgot them in the house at Legare Waring House and he had to like a 100 yard dash to go get them lol. Darby with out an hesitation started playing some great motown music to lighten the moment. It was FANTASTIC!! For the reception he had everyone on the dance floor the entire time!! Music was a huge aspect at our wedding for my husband and I and let me tell he exceed our expectations!!He will play all types of genres and really knows what works for the crowd!! He really made our wedding EPIC and we really never be able to thank him enough!!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Sara C

Darby Events did such an amazing job! Stephen Darby kept everyone dancing the entire night. I highly recommend him. So happy with the way the night turned out. Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Ryland C

Could not be happier with our wedding and what Stephen did for my wife and I. Our initial conversation was straightforward with no snags at all. Secured the date, then sent all of our favorite songs and must haves for the reception. Stephen didn't make us do this but just asked... Read More if we had suggestions or if we just wanted him to kill it. Well he did both, he took what we wanted and what he wanted and made it a night to remember. Everything was more than perfect, no worrying about setting up issues and contact problems. Everything was perfectly taken care of by Darby Events and Ooh Events. They are a dream team. Stephen couldn't have done better with the piano mashups for our favorite songs. With my love of music, this was a must have and I have nothing at all to complain about. I seriously would not suggest anyone else but Stephen, he killed it. My family and friends are still calling and texting us about it all 3 weeks later. Thanks Stephen, couldn't have done it without you.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Sara C

So I booked Stephen for our New Year's Day wedding about 6 months ago--I was super pumped about having him after all the reviews and communication with him! He went out of his way to create a fun surprise dance mix for my fiancée and I and was just in general a pleasure to work... Read More with--now, as we know sometimes life gets in the way--Stephen suffered a loss in his family 4 days prior to our wedding. He immediately emailed me when he found out the funeral would be out of town the same day as our wedding. At this point however, Stephen already had an alternate locked in for me as long as I gave him the word go! He said it was his #1 choice and the alternate definitely did not disappoint! What I'm getting at, is although Stephen (for the first time I think in his DJ career) was unable to DJ our wedding last minute, he made the transition to the alternate DJ virtually seamless, and the wedding went off without a hitch. Not only that, he offered a fair reimbursement for the inconvenience and kept in touch even up until the night before the wedding to be sure our new DJ had been good to go with us (and I know he was probably super busy with personal stuff on top of this!) Thank you for being a pleasure to work with Stephen, and continued prayers for you and your family <3

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Rachel M

WOW! I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Stephen & Darby Events! For me, choosing between a band or a DJ was a hard choice. But once I came across Stephen, he was literally the best of both worlds. His unique ability to play the piano along with his DJ skills... Read More separates him from the rest! From the cocktail hour, to the last song, and everything in between, Stephen nailed it. I gave him my flowsheet, and he far surpassed my expectations! The dance floor was the place to be for everyone ALL night! From the kids to the grandparents, everyone danced the night away! Stephen, I recommend you to anyone and everyone and thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my wedding day the best day of my life! :) With great thanks, Rachel

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Alex D

If you're looking for the best DJ in Charleston look no more! Stephen was amazing! I have never seen that many people on the dance floor at a wedding. I had so many of my guests come up to me and tell me how amazing Stephen was and how he has a gift for getting people on the... Read More dance floor and just having a blast. He was great to work with and I cannot recommend him enough! Best DJ in Charleston, hands down!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Kimberly P

Darby is beyond amazing! Being from a musical family, I loved the idea of live entertainment at my wedding, but soon realized that a DJ was more in line with my budget. With Darby you get the best of both worlds! His product is so unique as he mixes while playing the keyboard... Read More creating incredible mashups. I live in Detroit and my wedding planners are based in LA and none of us have ever experienced a DJ/musician like Darby. He's truly a gem in the Charleston wedding industry! Darby was so easy to work with. He was responsive and organized and gave my husband and I advise about Charleston venues and vendors and even provided our photo booth, microphones and sound system. Darby listed to our musical requests and created a playlist that was perfect for our tastes. He knew how to keep the party flowing as an MC, guiding our guests from from cocktails to dinner to formalities to partying. Our guests had the time of their lives and danced more than I've seen at any of our friends' weddings. 5 stars for Darby! Get your wedding or event off on the right foot and hire him as your DJ.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Alexandra M

When my husband and I were searching for music vendors, we knew that we didn't want the typical wedding band. Darby Events looked to be more our style, and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. Stephen knew our audience well without us even saying anything, and he... Read More flawlessly incorporated the old with the new. Even my 80 year old grandparents loved the music, and they are notorious wedding music critics. We would DEFINITELY recommend using Darby Events for your wedding music. Check out his website. It's awesome!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Nicole D

Stephen is an AMAZING DJ! His mixes were so good that I had to ask him to send them to me after the wedding. He had everyone dancing all night and had great energy without being "too much". Even my husband and his buddies, who aren't big into music or dancing, were really into... Read More it. He's not your typical wedding DJ, super cool and NOT cheesy. I also booked the mirror booth through him and everyone loved it. I would highly recommend Darby Events if you want to have great music at your wedding! If I could give him more than 5 stars, I would.

Stephen Darby

Hi! My name is Stephen Darby and I want to DJ your wedding. I have been entertaining audiences of all sizes, all over the country, for over a decade. As a classical pianist from the College of Charleston, I have found my niche in incorporating live piano instrumentation while DJing. I started this journey producing music and performing all over the country next to the world's top internationally ranked DJs including world renowned Tiesto and many others. I eat, sleep, and breathe music and weddings and would love to show you how I can make your wedding very unique!