A New Era of Wedding Entertainment.

- DJing Meets Live Piano Instrumentation -     Hi! My name is Stephen and I want to DJ your wedding. I have been entertaining audiences of all sizes, all over the world, for over a decade. As a classical pianist from the College of Charleston, I quickly found my niche in incorporating live piano instrumentation while DJing and have been fortunate enough to play at many amazing weddings from coast to coast. My full-time and sole focus is on unique, high-energy wedding entertainment. Everything you are about to see here and own my website is from over 550 weddings from all over the country the last 6 years. Instead of telling you what I do, I'd like to show you. Please take a look at my videos! What I do is very unique and I would love to share it with you and your guests!

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kim W

I have been a banquet captain for a caterer here in Charleston, SC for almost 4 years. I have seen literally EVERY wedding band and DJ in Charleston in action. Some good, some mediocre at best, and then.....there is Stephen. He is the guy that every vender gets excited about... Read More when they know he is the DJ. Simply put, Stephen is truly amazing. Entertainment was very important to us and the FIRST thing I did was make sure I had Stephen at my wedding. He is definitely the most booked DJ in town and it was my first phone call. Luckily I know the industry here and I got him locked in because I was ahead of the game. Just like every other time I have seen him, he absolutely CRUSHED it at our wedding. My friends and family were blown away and still are texting and emailing me about "the wedding of the year." The energy he creates is contagious and the way he puts together all of the music and plays a piano is the most unique thing you will ever see. I also really enjoyed working with him one and one. He met with us 2 different times and made sure we got everything we wanted and we more than did. Stephen also is just a great person. My fiance loves him and really got excited and involved once we sat down and talked with Stephen. Our wedding stood out because our entertainment was as good as it gets. If you are reading this, I strongly recommend you reach out to Stephen immediately and get him booked ASAP. It by far will be the very best decision you make for your wedding. I speak from experience and first hand knowledge of the Charleston wedding industry - I have seen it all, and he's the best of the best. THANK YOU STEPHEN WE LOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!

2016-09-12T13:28:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I just saw this and wanted just say how much I appreciate the kind words. I had an amazing time with your friends and family. Now you can call him your "husband" not your "fiancé" HAHA! THANKS AGAIN GANG!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Brandon S

Thank You again for being part of our special day! Your setup was amazing and everything flowed together so smoothly. I can’t tell you how many weddings we have attended and the DJs were horrendous, but your setup was an art form. Kept to our timeline to almost the second. There... Read More wasn't one beat that was skipped!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Sarah M

Stephen is a total pro and a joy to work with. We hired a wedding planner (Mike Winship) about 18 months ahead of our wedding and the first thing he said was "Book Stephen Darby before you do anything else." Once we spoke with Stephen and heard some of his work we were sold. So... Read More glad we booked when we did because he was almost totally filled up for the year. Our dance floor was PACKED the whole night and I can't even count how many people said Stephen was the best wedding DJ they'd ever experienced. Aside from the music, Stephen was super helpful with general wedding advice based on the hundreds of weddings he's worked. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Total rockstar!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jennider W

We are all just blown away. I’m not even sure where to start but I can say that Stephen is one of the most talented people I have ever been around or seen perform. Our wedding was in Manhattan and he came from Charleston to be apart of our special day. Everything was just... Read More seamless and he and his team are true professionals. His ability to mix and match music while incorporating the piano piece of his performance had everyone in awe. Working with him was a real pleasure and he was hands down THE BEST vendor choice I made for my wedding. I do not think I have ever understood the importance of music at a wedding but I do now and will say that he is light years better than anything we have ever seen in our attendance of 20+ weddings. He is absolutely in a league of his own and was worth every single penny. I STRONGLY encourage you to book Stephen, but do it early. I know he one of the top wedding DJs in the country and we had to book 22 months out just to get him, and we were lucky to. I LOVE YA STEPHEN!! Thanks you so so so much for giving me the wedding of my dreams.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stephanie S

HE WAS THE BEST!!!! I was so excited when I found Stephen, as soon as I watched his videos my husband and I knew that he was going to be amazing. Stephen was so responsive and helpful to work with the entire year of planning, he even made some special songs happen for us to make... Read More the evening extra special. I am know as the dancing queen at our friend's weddings and it was really important to us that our wedding was the best dance party ever, without a doubt, due to Stephen, it was. Beyond being the best DJ ever, he was so helpful at helping me with information about the venue and things regarding the layout so that we could be loud and not worry, recommended an amazing lighting vendor, and worked with our groomsmen to surprise us with a special performance. I only wish I could do it all over again to work with him!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Brooke G

Stephen Darby of Darby Events is THE DJ you have been looking to book for your wedding or special event. He can read the audience, is super personable, has an amazing selection of music, and most importantly, he is extremely talented! When you have Stephen at your event you not... Read More only have a DJ but live entertainment; his ability to mash up songs and incorporate the piano creates a sound that's like no other entertainment out there. Our guests could not stop raving about our music! He kept our guests dancing the whole night. We all had a BLAST! Stephen was also very responsive to our emails and was able to honor all of our music requests. My only word of caution would be not to wait - book him ASAP! Thank you, Stephen, for helping to make our wedding a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Christie B

Oh. My. Gosh. One of the BEST parts about our wedding was Darby. If you want people dancing all night on your dance floor-including your grandmother-hire Darby ASAP. I have gotten more positive feedback about our music than anything else from our guests. No only is Darby the... Read More most awesome person to deal with, he KILLS it throughout the entire night. We had him for our ceremony music-he nailed it, our cocktail hour-played really amazing piano riffs with music everyone loved and then had everyone dancing during the reception. Unreal. I'd give him 10 stars if I could. We also used his photobooth which came with print outs, a photo attendant and every prop you could imagine. Freaking adore you Darby !!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Jamie C

Darby was awesome! He did our ceremony as well as our wedding reception. We had numerous guests come up to us and tell us about how great he was! On top of having guests of all ages dancing all night. Thank you Stephen for making our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Laura J

Our planner recommended Stephen with Darby Events for our wedding from the moment we started discussing DJs. She assured us that he was amazing and we would not be disappointed and she was absolutely right! We talked to Stephen on the phone and listened to some of his music on... Read More his website and were obsessed immediately! We don't have enough incredible things to say about him on our wedding night! He did our ceremony music as well as our reception music and it was flawless! We received so many compliments from our guests on the music and how he was so amazing and reading the crowd. My requests in a DJ were that he not talk too much, trying to put on a show beyond the music and that he be able to keep our guests up and on the dance floor all night long. He literally did both of these things more perfectly that I could have ever imagined! I think we heard his voice only when he was making announcements that we wanted him to make it and otherwise, he was so focused on the crowd and the music! The dance floor was full from the moment the music started, and the music he chose for during our dinner was amazing! We got compliments on so many parts of our wedding, but the compliments we received about Stephen outnumber the rest for sure! He created such a fun atmosphere and everyone from our friends to our grandparents commented on how amazing the DJ was! He was so nice and easy to communicate with, hugging both my groom and I and telling us how beautiful our wedding was. He was such a pleasure to work with and did SUCH an incredible job! Book him, he is incredible! I don't have one single complaint and every single guest loved him and the music he played! I can't rave about him enough, I really can't!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Katelynn R

I'm a Charleston Wedding Planner but recently had my bride-moment when I got married here in February! I knew once our plans started to fall into place that I needed to contact Stephen about his availability for our reception. There are many bands and DJs available to Charleston... Read More brides, but I knew that Stephen brought something different to the table with his DJ + Piano style, and at the end of the day we wanted our guests to experience that! I have been recommending Stephen to brides for years, and now, I can say even more confidently than I did before, that he is THE right choice for you. I've seen many packed dance floors as a result of his performances + he definitely didn't disappoint at our wedding! We had people of all ages on the dance floor ALL night (I know, because I never left the dance floor either!) + it was the.best.ever! My husband even said "I didn't realize our wedding would be THAT fun!" I've received so many compliments about the entertainment and party thanks all thanks to him. If I could exclusively work with a vendor for DJ services, I'd chose Stephen, again and again and recommend you do the same! He's amazing + you'll definitely be making the right choice by choosing to work with him for your big day or corporate/social event!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Megan D

My husband and I recently hired Darby for our wedding ceremony and reception music. Let me tell he was absolutely amazing!!! For real, our guests can not stop talking about how great he was!!During our ceremony, it was time for the best man to give the officiant the rings, but... Read More he forgot them in the house at Legare Waring House and he had to like a 100 yard dash to go get them lol. Darby with out an hesitation started playing some great motown music to lighten the moment. It was FANTASTIC!! For the reception he had everyone on the dance floor the entire time!! Music was a huge aspect at our wedding for my husband and I and let me tell he exceed our expectations!!He will play all types of genres and really knows what works for the crowd!! He really made our wedding EPIC and we really never be able to thank him enough!!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Sara C

Darby Events did such an amazing job! Stephen Darby kept everyone dancing the entire night. I highly recommend him. So happy with the way the night turned out. Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Ryland C

Could not be happier with our wedding and what Stephen did for my wife and I. Our initial conversation was straightforward with no snags at all. Secured the date, then sent all of our favorite songs and must haves for the reception. Stephen didn't make us do this but just asked... Read More if we had suggestions or if we just wanted him to kill it. Well he did both, he took what we wanted and what he wanted and made it a night to remember. Everything was more than perfect, no worrying about setting up issues and contact problems. Everything was perfectly taken care of by Darby Events and Ooh Events. They are a dream team. Stephen couldn't have done better with the piano mashups for our favorite songs. With my love of music, this was a must have and I have nothing at all to complain about. I seriously would not suggest anyone else but Stephen, he killed it. My family and friends are still calling and texting us about it all 3 weeks later. Thanks Stephen, couldn't have done it without you.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Sara C

So I booked Stephen for our New Year's Day wedding about 6 months ago--I was super pumped about having him after all the reviews and communication with him! He went out of his way to create a fun surprise dance mix for my fiancée and I and was just in general a pleasure to work... Read More with--now, as we know sometimes life gets in the way--Stephen suffered a loss in his family 4 days prior to our wedding. He immediately emailed me when he found out the funeral would be out of town the same day as our wedding. At this point however, Stephen already had an alternate locked in for me as long as I gave him the word go! He said it was his #1 choice and the alternate definitely did not disappoint! What I'm getting at, is although Stephen (for the first time I think in his DJ career) was unable to DJ our wedding last minute, he made the transition to the alternate DJ virtually seamless, and the wedding went off without a hitch. Not only that, he offered a fair reimbursement for the inconvenience and kept in touch even up until the night before the wedding to be sure our new DJ had been good to go with us (and I know he was probably super busy with personal stuff on top of this!) Thank you for being a pleasure to work with Stephen, and continued prayers for you and your family <3

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Rachel M

WOW! I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Stephen & Darby Events! For me, choosing between a band or a DJ was a hard choice. But once I came across Stephen, he was literally the best of both worlds. His unique ability to play the piano along with his DJ skills... Read More separates him from the rest! From the cocktail hour, to the last song, and everything in between, Stephen nailed it. I gave him my flowsheet, and he far surpassed my expectations! The dance floor was the place to be for everyone ALL night! From the kids to the grandparents, everyone danced the night away! Stephen, I recommend you to anyone and everyone and thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my wedding day the best day of my life! :) With great thanks, Rachel

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Alex D

If you're looking for the best DJ in Charleston look no more! Stephen was amazing! I have never seen that many people on the dance floor at a wedding. I had so many of my guests come up to me and tell me how amazing Stephen was and how he has a gift for getting people on the... Read More dance floor and just having a blast. He was great to work with and I cannot recommend him enough! Best DJ in Charleston, hands down!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Kimberly P

Darby is beyond amazing! Being from a musical family, I loved the idea of live entertainment at my wedding, but soon realized that a DJ was more in line with my budget. With Darby you get the best of both worlds! His product is so unique as he mixes while playing the keyboard... Read More creating incredible mashups. I live in Detroit and my wedding planners are based in LA and none of us have ever experienced a DJ/musician like Darby. He's truly a gem in the Charleston wedding industry! Darby was so easy to work with. He was responsive and organized and gave my husband and I advise about Charleston venues and vendors and even provided our photo booth, microphones and sound system. Darby listed to our musical requests and created a playlist that was perfect for our tastes. He knew how to keep the party flowing as an MC, guiding our guests from from cocktails to dinner to formalities to partying. Our guests had the time of their lives and danced more than I've seen at any of our friends' weddings. 5 stars for Darby! Get your wedding or event off on the right foot and hire him as your DJ.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Alexandra M

When my husband and I were searching for music vendors, we knew that we didn't want the typical wedding band. Darby Events looked to be more our style, and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. Stephen knew our audience well without us even saying anything, and he... Read More flawlessly incorporated the old with the new. Even my 80 year old grandparents loved the music, and they are notorious wedding music critics. We would DEFINITELY recommend using Darby Events for your wedding music. Check out his website. It's awesome!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Nicole D

Stephen is an AMAZING DJ! His mixes were so good that I had to ask him to send them to me after the wedding. He had everyone dancing all night and had great energy without being "too much". Even my husband and his buddies, who aren't big into music or dancing, were really into... Read More it. He's not your typical wedding DJ, super cool and NOT cheesy. I also booked the mirror booth through him and everyone loved it. I would highly recommend Darby Events if you want to have great music at your wedding! If I could give him more than 5 stars, I would.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Stephen Darby. For most of our other vendors, our wedding planner gave us several different names to meet with, review their work, and choose from. However, for a DJ he immediately said, "You have to have Darby," and we are SO GLAD he did.... Read More Stephen is so great to work with and an incredible talent. A year after our wedding, friends and family still talk about the music and frequently say he is the best DJ of any wedding they've been to. Stephen had all of our guests on the dance floor the entire night and everyone absolutely loved his mash-ups and piano addition. Though Stephen is great at reading a crowd and choosing the appropriate music, he also took our suggestions into account and avoided any particular songs or artists that we disliked. The real reason Stephen is the MVP though, is that right when our dinner started, a freak storm came up out of nowhere (it was sunny all day!). It only lasted about 10 minutes, but during that ten minutes the wind was so strong that it blew his laptop off the table and unfortunately broke it! There was a tense few moments among the crowd as everyone wondered what would happen, but lo and behold, Stephen brought out a back up computer and the music promptly resumed. We were all so impressed with both his preparedness and his professionalism in how he handled what I'm sure was a devastating loss with his broken laptop. Stephen is seriously the best.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Marissa H

I wish there were 10 stars to give. Stephen Darby is beyond AMAZING!! He rocked out our wedding at Boone Hall Plantation and he exceeded all my expectations and more! He is so kind, professional, FUN, and above all he is a TRUE talent! I am certain you will find no one like... Read More him. He is in a category of his own. He is “the best of the best”. He kept our party rocking until the last sparkler went out and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. He was so accommodating from day one making sure to create our wedding playlist with songs that were meaningful to us. The piano bonus added that extra kick and energy to the wedding giving our reception a “live” feel. I truly cannot find the words to thank him and express how incredible he was! Now almost 2 months after the wedding, I still have guests talking about him. BRIDES! If you are looking for the most incredible fun night of your lives and you are ready to dance your wedding shoes off--Look no more-BOOK STEPHEN NOW while your date is still open. I would recommend him over and over a million times! THANK YOU STEPHEN! xoxo

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Natalie S

Stephen absolutely rocked our wedding. From the first time we spoke with him we knew instantly he was going to be a great fit. Throughout the process he was extremely professional and reliable. We had a destination wedding so all guests including Stephen had to travel, this... Read More usually makes things more difficult but was not problem for him. He was happy to make the trip and took care of all his logistics behind the scenes never once inconveniencing us. He catered to the music we wanted played and provided an array of music for our guests of all ages. His music will keep everyone on the dance floor all night. I can't say enough good things about Darby Events and Stephen and would recommend them to all my friends and family who are seeking to throw an incredible party but also hire an incredible DJ.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Abby M

I'm not sure if words can do this guy justice...he is absolutely the best. We planned our wedding from nearly 1000 miles away, but throughout the whole process, Stephen was communicative and easy to work with. When we met with him the week leading up to the wedding, he made us... Read More feel relaxed and told us not to worry, and he will take care of everything. The day of the wedding, he was on time, professional and did a phenomenal job being the emcee. When it came to the music, I don't think we could have imagined anything better. The music flowed, he played the requests we submitted and our guests had the best time partying! I overheard several guests saying that we had "the best selection of music at any wedding they've been to!" Stephen's ability to mix diverse arrangements of different songs/genres was incredibly impressive. He managed to draw everyone to the dance floor and our wedding turned into an amazing dance party as it should be. His flawless transitions between songs never let the energy die down for a second.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

From the beginning we would have chosen Darby events and not Epic for our DJ! From the moment we were paired with Stephen Darby, he walked us through what he does at events and made us feel at ease and confident that we would be taken care of. He responded very quickly to our... Read More calls and emails. He gave us clear answers to our questions. He is so talented! Everyone was commenting how great our DJ was! He does a great job of mixing the songs and we loved the fact that he utilizes his talent on the piano mixing that in as well, that is special.:) Thank you Stephen for such an awesome job of rocking down the house!!! We feel so lucky to have had you as our DJ at our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016

He really, really, is THAT good. We did so much research trying to find entertainment for our wedding, going back and forth from band to DJ and then we found Stephen. He is like both in one! We read all of these reviews and honestly every company has "shining" reviews so its... Read More tough, but Stephens were all very different. Here I am writing exactly what I read a year ago and let me just tell you, his talent is on another level, its unreal. My guests have not stopped talking up about the "Dj and piano" guy and we can not thank Stephen enough for everything. Not only is he ridiculously talented, he's just all around an awesome amazing person to be around. He's organized, prompt with emails, and answered so many questions unrelated to music. Really just a class act from start to finish. I want to have my wedding over again! You really are the best of the best and we all CANNOT thank you enough.

Stephen Darby

Hi! My name is Stephen Darby and I want to DJ your wedding. I have been entertaining audiences of all sizes, all over the country, for over a decade. As a classical pianist from the College of Charleston, I have found my niche in incorporating live piano instrumentation while DJing. I started this journey producing music and performing all over the country next to the world's top internationally ranked DJs including world renowned Tiesto and many others. I eat, sleep, and breathe music and weddings and would love to show you how I can make your wedding very unique!