We make music for making memories!

If you want your guests walking away from your event raving about how much fun they had at the party YOU threw, hire DAT BAND! We are a one-stop-shop for your entertainment needs at any size event, from 50 to 5,000 guests. When you choose DAT BAND, you'll always get: *An interactive performance, with our lead singers hosting events like dance-off competitions, conga lines, and live band karaoke! *Music from every era, from the 50's to today's hits to pack the dance floor! *Smiling guests with tired feet! For our brides & grooms we also offer turn-key wedding packages including: *Live musicians playing during your ceremony (String Quartet, Flute, Harp, Solo Piano, etc.) *Amplification for your Officiant during the ceremony with wireless mic *Live Cocktail hour music for your guests

Bagpipes, Bugle, Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Will travel anywhere

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Heather R

Dat Band is far and away the best wedding band around! They really are a full service band, coming complete with all necessary audio equipment, including PA system accommodations for an officiant and even their own sound technician. Whatever the ambiance you’re trying to set,... Read More they can pull off everything from a minimalist acoustic duo, a jazzy trio for cocktail hour, a traditional second line brass band, all the way up to a full-scale rock your socks off reception band who really know how to keep the party going with on-point emcee services! Anything you could want in a band they can deliver. Their musical repertoire is so versatile you’ll be hard pressed to come up with something they can’t cover; and if it so happens they don’t know it they’re willing to learn it. Chad worked closely with us every step of the way, offering helpful suggestions and advice where requested on suitable music selections and styles for different parts of our wedding, allowing us to set the mood for the day’s events with ease. Dat Band didn’t just show up and play our event, they provided a fully interactive entertainment experience for us and our guests to ensure everyone was having a good time. The fact that so many people were coming up to us during the reception complimenting the entertainment and asking where we found these guys is surely a testament to their abilities. Nothing compares to a live band at an event, but not just any band should suffice. Dat Band proved to us on multiple fronts their willingness to go above and beyond to make our day special and most certainly memorable! I almost want to get married all over again just to have more time on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Elena H

Seriously THE BEST wedding band there is in New Orleans Area! I have been to so many weddings with great wedding bands but none really stood out to me. When it came time to my own wedding, I had to make a lot of research on what band to go with. I had found Dat Band and read up... Read More all the reviews which were nothing but excellent. Working with Dat Band was wonderful, they were so open to my requests and I had spoken to them many times months before the wedding and they helped me come up with a timeline and customized it to how I wanted it, it also had suggestions that were amazing. We had the most amazing time at our wedding and Dat Band had definitely created that atmosphere. I had never seen so many people on the dance floor at the same time. During the wedding I kept hearing how much everyone loved the band and people didn't want the wedding to end! After the wedding, I am still getting comments about how amazing they are and they literally MADE the wedding. Choosing them was one of the best decisions I had made when planning the wedding. I had just received my wedding video and it really showed how much fun everyone had. Dat Band were able to involve different crowds on the dance floor and that was amazing. They were also very interactive with the audience and even took all the requests the guests had. I would definitely recommend Dat Band to anyone who wants to have an unforgettable wedding and wants to have their guests the best time!!!! Love you guys!!!!

2017-07-07T17:12:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, we are so happy we got to celebrate with you!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Mark B

Review of Dat Band Dat Band played for our daughter Alexandra and son-in-law Scott’s wedding in May at the Ace Hotel. We looked very hard for just the right band for our daughter’s wedding. Our older daughter got married just 19 months earlier in Nashville, and the band for... Read More her wedding had a bunch of Nashville studio musicians that turned out to be the best we had ever experienced at a wedding. So our expectations were very high. We said going into this that we just hoped for the band we selected to come close to the band at our older daughter's wedding. Well, we were surprised that not only did Dat Band exceed our expectations, but they were a key piece of this being the best wedding we have ever attended – and it was our daughter's! We had people at the wedding from not only all over the country, but some from as far away as Brazil. They told us it was the best wedding, and the best party they had ever been to. When Chad told us to leave it in their hands, we were skeptical. We made some suggestions from they're play list, but frankly, the things we loved the most was when they just took over and did their thing. We made ad hoc requests during the evening that they just hit out of the park. And the lead singer joined us on the dance floor at times, making everyone feel they were a part of what the band was doing. After the initial bride-groom, bride-father, groom-mother dances, they started the evening off with a “dance off” between bride and groom. It was so cool. That set the stage for an an entire evening of dancing. There wasn't a song all night where the dance floor wasn't packed. We can't say enough about what a special night they helped make for our daughter, son-in-law, and the other 230 family and close friends! We highly recommend Dat Band! We could not have made a better choice. Mark & Lisa Boudreaux May, 2017

2017-06-01T15:22:34 Response from the vendor

Wow!!! Mark & Lisa - you guys were so fun, thanks so much for the kind words and congrats again!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Cheryl B

Dat Band played at my daughter and son-in-laws wedding on Saturday night to a packed house. They were AMAZING! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night and the band made it so much fun! Thank you so much for making Haley and Corey's night so memorable! I would highly... Read More recommend Dat Band for any occasion!

2018-03-07T12:43:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!! Do you know any other firefighters getting married haha? You guys were a blast to party with!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Joanna G

Dat Band was so perfect for our New Orleans Wedding. We are from out of state and they made planning for a destination wedding very easy. Chad was so helpful and organized when getting all the details in line. The wedding reception was a blast and all of the guests agreed that... Read More the band was incredible. They played such a great variety of music and were more than willing to fulfill our request for some latin music! I would highly recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Jeanette K

Dat Band was the best choice for our wedding, hands down! One month later, our guests are still talking about how fun and interactive our band was, and how it really took the wedding to another level. We initially chose Dat Band because they were affordable, and seemed to give... Read More us the most bang for our buck. Throughout the process they were organized, accommodating, professional, and in the end, exceeded our expectations! They followed the structure of the ceremony and reception seamlessly, while still getting the crowd involved and keeping the entertainment level high. I will definitely sing their praises to anyone who will listen! Thanks again guys!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Leigh S

Our guests loved them. And the lead female vocalist was awesome!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Amanda S

Dat Band was absolutely wonderful! They made our special day that much more fun for my husband and I and all of our family and friends. Armando was an awesome singer and entertainer and was so interactive with the crowd! Dat Band even had our parents and grandparents out on the... Read More dance floor! If you are looking for an amazing band who will cater to your likes/dislikes, get everyone on the dance floor, and make sure that you have a memorable event, look no further! DAT BAND is where it's at!

2018-01-18T23:26:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for picking us to help you celebrate, and for sharing your experience! Congrats again!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Kammy L

Dat Band was nothing less of amazing and perfect! They were very accommodating and worked with my schedule to meet up to discuss everything! They even went as far as to make my dreams come true for a brass jazz band that played while our guest entered the reception! They were... Read More very entertaining and interacted with the guest. My guest have ranted and raved about how awesome Dat Band was! I would without a doubt book them for another event and recommend them to anyone who needs entertainment at their event!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Marilyn K

DAT BAND is incredible! Wonderfully engaging and perfectly professional. We would highly recommend them to any bride and groom who love to dance, dance, dance!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Lindsay S

DAT Band Funk You Up!! Chad and his crew were AMAZING. They were professional, accommodating, and sounded awesome. We were married at the Royal Sonesta, and were blown away by how much Dat Band did. They played our Second line with the skill of a full Marching Band, and... Read More transitioned flawlessly to a 5 star Cover band once the reception started. They even had a few surprises tucked in throughout the reception ( I won't ruin it but hint: get ready to shake it for your guests!) Everyone was talking about how great they were the entire night. When my Wife and I went around to our guests tables to thank them, they were empty because everyone was on the dance floor. On top of it all they were very reasonably priced. Thank you Dat Band!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Shay D

Dat Band was great. They were completely accommodating and even took the lead when we were hesitate to make a decision. They were wonderful at reading the crowd and getting everyone involved in the night. They also never quit bringing their full effort. Variety of songs was... Read More outstanding, and they were willing and open to requests from the crowd. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

2017-11-06T18:35:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! It was a pleasure working with you and many congrats!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Taryn G

Dat Band made our wedding!! Everything was perfect. I can't tell you how many people came up to us and asked how we found them since they were the best band they have ever heard at a wedding. We had fantastic communication prior to the wedding and I felt the band knew exactly... Read More how to cater to the crowd.This is not your typical wedding cover band. They play a variety of music and really engaged the entire party. Not only was our reception one for the books, but the second line band was also AMAZING! Dat Band does not disappoint! Do yourself a favor and stop searching and book Dat Band for your special day or event!

2017-10-02T14:58:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks and congrats again to you both! You and Cale were so much fun!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Aneel G

We had our wedding and reception in New Orleans and decided on Dat Band after researching most of the bands in the area. Their price was one of the most reasonable that we found and everything that we read and heard about them was exactly what we were looking for. Leading up to... Read More the day of the wedding, they were extremely accommodating and they made sure that they had all of their bases covered, not leaving us to worry about a thing. Then, at the reception, they were absolutely amazing as they played a wide variety of genres and really got ALL of our guests involved and on their feet and dancing. We especially loved Dat Band’s ability to cover 80’s rock and their capacity to cover all of the songs that were requested. Book Dat Band for your wedding and you will not be disappointed! These guys rock!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Allison K

Dat band just played at our wedding in May. They also provided us with an awesome 2nd line before the reception. The communication with Chad was quick and easy. They have an EXTENSIVE song list but will gladly learn something for you. Their stage presence and professionalism... Read More was like non other. All of our guests loved the music and performance. My best man sang several songs with the singer and they just rolled with it. Super chill guys. I almost want to have another wedding just to book them again.

2017-05-30T22:31:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words Ryan and Allison! You guys were so much fun! Many congrats!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Katie L

The best band EVER!!! My now husband and I did an extensive amount of research on bands prior to our wedding and after much deliberation decided to go with Dat band since they could provide for all of our musical needs in one place. We booked a pianist for our ceremony, a jazz... Read More trio for the cocktail hour and a 9 piece band with male and female vocals with an MC for the reception. This was definitely the way to go. I was extremely happy with the planning meeting we had with Chad prior to our event and thoroughly believe the only reason anything was kept on schedule was due to the band. I was very anxious about the timing of everything for our event and he put my fears to rest and assured me everything would go off without a hitch. We were running behind the day of and had a quick touch base with Chad who made sure everything we discussed happened at the reception. I had such a good time and the only thing my guests keep talking about was how awesome the band was at the reception. It was a pleasure to work with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering them for any event. They were literally the best and most memorable part of my wedding (besides actually marrying my best friend)!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Natalie R

Dat Band was everything my husband and I could have asked for in a wedding band and more! They not only ROCKED the dance floor, but involved and interacted with all of the wedding guests to make for the biggest and best party we could have hoped for. They can play anything (for... Read More example, my family is Colombian, and they had the Latin music on point, in addition to oldies, pop, rock, you name it!) AND they coordinated with my husband so that he could get on the drums for a couple of songs (his favorite place to be!) All in all, I HIGHLY recommend Dat Band! Thanks, Armando and crew, for the best night ever!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Shannon K

Dat Band was incredible! They played our ceremony and reception. They are extremely talented, showed up on time, were professional and so much fun! Their playlist will surely get all of your guests on the dance floor. Post-wedding, my guests continue to rave about who great Dat... Read More Band was. I am so glad we booked Dat Band. I highly recommend them!

2017-03-29T16:45:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words; it was such a pleasure working with you! Your choice to close out with Outkast made it a wedding we won't forget!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Carita W

I had no idea where to begin to find a band for my wedding. I live in Texas and was planning my NOLA wedding from afar. I knew I HAD to get this right, all of my guests were flying in from around the country and they would be ready to party. Enter: Dat Band! Chad was the... Read More easiest vendor I worked with. Always responsive and super down to earth. He made the entire process smooth and painless which is always a bonus when planning your own wedding. The band was prompt and professional. From the first dance to the last call, they kept the party going. The dance floor was never empty! I can't say enough good things about Dat Band. Just do your guests (and yourselves) a favor and book them for your wedding or event!!

2017-02-16T11:47:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words! We had a blast with you and wish you the absolute best!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Stan K

We saw about 6 or 7 bands over the course of a few weeks. We thought it was going to be really hard to pick after all our research, but we had almost no deliberation about what band we wanted for our wedding. We felt like what made the biggest difference was the interaction the... Read More band had with the crowd. The other bands we saw all sounded great, but Dat Band had that x-factor that just puts them in a totally different category. They played everything from oldies to new songs. We even requested a pretty obscure Otis Redding song that they were happy to learn. We also liked that they could put together a complete package that was a good fit for our wedding, versus take it or leave it like many other bands were. We decided to hire them to do everything, which was absolutely the right choice. They played our ceremony and provided a mic for our officiant, cocktail hour, a SLAMMING second line, and of course the reception. Since we didn't hire a planner they even provided a timeline and emcee for the reception. After spending a ton of money on the venue, floral arrangements, catering, ALL our guests are talking about is how great the band was! It’s no understatement to say they absolutely made our wedding a huge hit. They didn't give us a chance to rest because we were dancing the whole night!! It was the best money we spent hands down. Hire this band!!!

2017-02-16T11:48:44 Response from the vendor

Wow, you really did your research! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a detailed review, we had so much fun partying with you!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Bill T

After seeing this band at a friend's wedding in 2014, we decided to look into booking them for our 07/2016 wedding. The set-up for this band makes them very affordable. We ended up with 9 band members- a male and female singer and three horns. They were incredibly easy to work... Read More with and were very flexible with our schedule and timeline. Their performance was perfect. They kept everyone dancing the entire night. So many people came up and complimented the band. I can't recommend DATAND enough! We had an absolute blast.

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Darby Y

We loved Dat Bat!! My husband and I are from San Diego and we planned a destination wedding in New Orleans December 29, 2016. Dat Band was the first band we called to interview. Chad, the lead singer/manager, was a pleasure to work with and convinced us to book his band and... Read More we were not disappointed!! They put on a great show and kept the energy going all night long. They played a huge variety of music that all generations at our wedding could get into and even played an hour of light cocktail jazz for us at the beginning. Everyone commented on how much fun they had the whole night. Thanks for making our wedding amazing Dat Band!!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Adrie R

I was at Hard Rock Cafe one night and had the pleasure of watching Dat Band play, and they were OUTSTANDING! Their jazz set in the beginning was very pleasant and upbeat. They were so full of energy the entire night, and they had everyone on the dance floor. I will definitely... Read More hire them for my upcoming company party!! I cannot WAIT to see them again!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Jennifer T

My husband and I were married on the day of the August flood. Our original band cancelled on the day of our wedding at 11:29 a.m. because they could not travel to the Northshore from Lafayette. By 11:59 a.m., Dat Band was booked, and they started arriving at the reception venue... Read More on the Northshore by 5:00 p.m. Thank you, Dat Band, for dropping whatever you had planned on August 13, for helping us take a short break from the devastation in our state, and for celebrating our special day with us. Y'all rocked it!

2016-09-09T20:42:05 Response from the vendor

Jennifer so glad we were able to step in and share in the party with you guys. We had a great time and wish you and Victor all the best!! Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Jessica T

Oh my god! This band was amazing! I was at my uncle Ronnie's birthday party and heard Datband play yesterday. Just.......hire them seriously! I have never heard a band be able to play all genre's so well. They played Jazz, Funk, Rock, Country, R & B, Pop, and Soul. They took... Read More requests all night and even did a conga line. They were so much fun! I recommend this band to anyone!

Armando Leduc & Chad Clements

Dat Band is an experienced event band that performs at weddings, corporate events, conventions, & private parties. We specialize in keeping your guests on the dance floor with interactive events like dance-off competitions, conga lines, and more! Because of our network of musicians and equipment, we can be a one-stop-shop for couples including live music during your ceremony (strings, flute, harp, piano, classical guitar, etc.), second line service, and professional Emcee service. We love our work and are truly grateful for you considering us to help you celebrate!!