Live music for making memories!

Dat Band is an experienced event band that performs at weddings, corporate events, conventions, & private parties. We specialize in keeping your guests on the dance floor regardless of age or musical tastes, take requests, and engage your guests throughout the event with dance-off competitions, conga lines, and live band karaoke, instead of just being a live music jukebox. We also offer complete turn-key service for our brides & grooms including musicians during your ceremony (strings, flute, harp, piano, classical guitar, etc.), second line service, and professional Emcee service. Our calendar tends to book well in advance, sometimes 12 months or more so don't hesitate to contact us today!

Instruments

Bagpipes, Bugle, Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Stan K

We saw about 6 or 7 bands over the course of a few weeks. We thought it was going to be really hard to pick after all our research, but we had almost no deliberation about what band we wanted for our wedding. We felt like what made the biggest difference was the interaction the... Read More band had with the crowd. The other bands we saw all sounded great, but Dat Band had that x-factor that just puts them in a totally different category. They played everything from oldies to new songs. We even requested a pretty obscure Otis Redding song that they were happy to learn. We also liked that they could put together a complete package that was a good fit for our wedding, versus take it or leave it like many other bands were. We decided to hire them to do everything, which was absolutely the right choice. They played our ceremony and provided a mic for our officiant, cocktail hour, a SLAMMING second line, and of course the reception. Since we didn't hire a planner they even provided a timeline and emcee for the reception. After spending a ton of money on the venue, floral arrangements, catering, ALL our guests are talking about is how great the band was! It’s no understatement to say they absolutely made our wedding a huge hit. They didn't give us a chance to rest because we were dancing the whole night!! It was the best money we spent hands down. Hire this band!!!

2017-02-16T11:48:44 Response from the vendor

Wow, you really did your research! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a detailed review, we had so much fun partying with you!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Mark B

Review of Dat Band Dat Band played for our daughter Alexandra and son-in-law Scott’s wedding in May at the Ace Hotel. We looked very hard for just the right band for our daughter’s wedding. Our older daughter got married just 19 months earlier in Nashville, and the band for... Read More her wedding had a bunch of Nashville studio musicians that turned out to be the best we had ever experienced at a wedding. So our expectations were very high. We said going into this that we just hoped for the band we selected to come close to the band at our older daughter's wedding. Well, we were surprised that not only did Dat Band exceed our expectations, but they were a key piece of this being the best wedding we have ever attended – and it was our daughter's! We had people at the wedding from not only all over the country, but some from as far away as Brazil. They told us it was the best wedding, and the best party they had ever been to. When Chad told us to leave it in their hands, we were skeptical. We made some suggestions from they're play list, but frankly, the things we loved the most was when they just took over and did their thing. We made ad hoc requests during the evening that they just hit out of the park. And the lead singer joined us on the dance floor at times, making everyone feel they were a part of what the band was doing. After the initial bride-groom, bride-father, groom-mother dances, they started the evening off with a “dance off” between bride and groom. It was so cool. That set the stage for an an entire evening of dancing. There wasn't a song all night where the dance floor wasn't packed. We can't say enough about what a special night they helped make for our daughter, son-in-law, and the other 230 family and close friends! We highly recommend Dat Band! We could not have made a better choice. Mark & Lisa Boudreaux May, 2017

2017-06-01T15:22:34 Response from the vendor

Wow!!! Mark & Lisa - you guys were so fun, thanks so much for the kind words and congrats again!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Mary C

Really no words to describe how amazing Dat Band made our wedding!!! They are so much fun to be around and interact with. They made sure that not only we had a blast but all our guest did as well. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for the perfect band to play on their... Read More special day! That's really what they did, they made our wedding day perfect! Thank you guys so so much!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Allison K

Dat band just played at our wedding in May. They also provided us with an awesome 2nd line before the reception. The communication with Chad was quick and easy. They have an EXTENSIVE song list but will gladly learn something for you. Their stage presence and professionalism... Read More was like non other. All of our guests loved the music and performance. My best man sang several songs with the singer and they just rolled with it. Super chill guys. I almost want to have another wedding just to book them again.

2017-05-30T22:31:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words Ryan and Allison! You guys were so much fun! Many congrats!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Katie L

The best band EVER!!! My now husband and I did an extensive amount of research on bands prior to our wedding and after much deliberation decided to go with Dat band since they could provide for all of our musical needs in one place. We booked a pianist for our ceremony, a jazz... Read More trio for the cocktail hour and a 9 piece band with male and female vocals with an MC for the reception. This was definitely the way to go. I was extremely happy with the planning meeting we had with Chad prior to our event and thoroughly believe the only reason anything was kept on schedule was due to the band. I was very anxious about the timing of everything for our event and he put my fears to rest and assured me everything would go off without a hitch. We were running behind the day of and had a quick touch base with Chad who made sure everything we discussed happened at the reception. I had such a good time and the only thing my guests keep talking about was how awesome the band was at the reception. It was a pleasure to work with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering them for any event. They were literally the best and most memorable part of my wedding (besides actually marrying my best friend)!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Natalie R

Dat Band was everything my husband and I could have asked for in a wedding band and more! They not only ROCKED the dance floor, but involved and interacted with all of the wedding guests to make for the biggest and best party we could have hoped for. They can play anything (for... Read More example, my family is Colombian, and they had the Latin music on point, in addition to oldies, pop, rock, you name it!) AND they coordinated with my husband so that he could get on the drums for a couple of songs (his favorite place to be!) All in all, I HIGHLY recommend Dat Band! Thanks, Armando and crew, for the best night ever!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Shannon K

Dat Band was incredible! They played our ceremony and reception. They are extremely talented, showed up on time, were professional and so much fun! Their playlist will surely get all of your guests on the dance floor. Post-wedding, my guests continue to rave about who great Dat... Read More Band was. I am so glad we booked Dat Band. I highly recommend them!

2017-03-29T16:45:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words; it was such a pleasure working with you! Your choice to close out with Outkast made it a wedding we won't forget!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Carita W

I had no idea where to begin to find a band for my wedding. I live in Texas and was planning my NOLA wedding from afar. I knew I HAD to get this right, all of my guests were flying in from around the country and they would be ready to party. Enter: Dat Band! Chad was the... Read More easiest vendor I worked with. Always responsive and super down to earth. He made the entire process smooth and painless which is always a bonus when planning your own wedding. The band was prompt and professional. From the first dance to the last call, they kept the party going. The dance floor was never empty! I can't say enough good things about Dat Band. Just do your guests (and yourselves) a favor and book them for your wedding or event!!

2017-02-16T11:47:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words! We had a blast with you and wish you the absolute best!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Bill T

After seeing this band at a friend's wedding in 2014, we decided to look into booking them for our 07/2016 wedding. The set-up for this band makes them very affordable. We ended up with 9 band members- a male and female singer and three horns. They were incredibly easy to work... Read More with and were very flexible with our schedule and timeline. Their performance was perfect. They kept everyone dancing the entire night. So many people came up and complimented the band. I can't recommend DATAND enough! We had an absolute blast.

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Darby Y

We loved Dat Bat!! My husband and I are from San Diego and we planned a destination wedding in New Orleans December 29, 2016. Dat Band was the first band we called to interview. Chad, the lead singer/manager, was a pleasure to work with and convinced us to book his band and... Read More we were not disappointed!! They put on a great show and kept the energy going all night long. They played a huge variety of music that all generations at our wedding could get into and even played an hour of light cocktail jazz for us at the beginning. Everyone commented on how much fun they had the whole night. Thanks for making our wedding amazing Dat Band!!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Jennifer T

My husband and I were married on the day of the August flood. Our original band cancelled on the day of our wedding at 11:29 a.m. because they could not travel to the Northshore from Lafayette. By 11:59 a.m., Dat Band was booked, and they started arriving at the reception venue... Read More on the Northshore by 5:00 p.m. Thank you, Dat Band, for dropping whatever you had planned on August 13, for helping us take a short break from the devastation in our state, and for celebrating our special day with us. Y'all rocked it!

2016-09-09T20:42:05 Response from the vendor

Jennifer so glad we were able to step in and share in the party with you guys. We had a great time and wish you and Victor all the best!! Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Jessica T

Oh my god! This band was amazing! I was at my uncle Ronnie's birthday party and heard Datband play yesterday. Just.......hire them seriously! I have never heard a band be able to play all genre's so well. They played Jazz, Funk, Rock, Country, R & B, Pop, and Soul. They took... Read More requests all night and even did a conga line. They were so much fun! I recommend this band to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Aaron R

I hired DatBand to play our Christmas party. Normally the bands that we've hired for our parties are pretty good and they serve as background music. However this band turned it into a dance party. Everybody was up and having a great time. I was super impressed by the amount... Read More music they knew because they took requests all night. The horn section was incredible and the lead singer was amazing! They are very easy to work with, professional, and were always available when I had any questions. They will be playing my Christmas party again this year!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

Dat Band played my wedding in New Orleans, they were incredible and super easy to work with. My husband and I were married in St. Thomas and had the reception back at home. It was an amazing night, but it would not have been fun without the entertainment of this band! They... Read More set the tone for the entire night and everyone was chatting about how they kept the energy up the whole night! It was a blast! They will play at my 10 year party for sure! Thanks Armando!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Ashley C

We absolutely LOVED Dat Band!!! They were the perfect wedding band: Fun, energetic, great songs, and very professional! Our guests are still raving about them and we HIGHLY recommend these guys :) -Ashley & Courtney Cannon (March 19th @ Hotel Mazarine)

Reviewed on 2/29/2016

I had DatBand play our annual crawfish boil and they were great! They were very easy to work with and booking them was a breeze. They took requests the whole time and were literally like a human jukebox. Amazing horn players, talented singers, and a smooth sound. I would... Read More recommend them for any party. Thanks for playing guys! I'll see you next year.

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

I saw Datband at the Halloween Expo in New Orleans and they did not disappoint. I am from Washington D.C. and I had always heard about New Orleans Music and they were super fun and sounded great. The lead singer was outstanding, the horn players were extraordinary, and the... Read More bass player was my favorite. I hope to see them again when I'm back in New Orleans. I recommend them for any party.

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

I was the Made of Honor at my friend Julie's wedding and saw Datband. Normally I don't take the time to write a review but I felt the urge to do so. DatBand was highly recommended to us from a friend and I'm so glad she booked them. Julie was so happy. I'm from New Orleans... Read More and I've seen a lot of bands and this band is one of the best! They took requests all night and kept everyone dancing and moving. I'll hire this band for my wedding.

Reviewed on 2/03/2016

We hire Dat band for several of our events and they are always a hit with our guests! They are professional, prompt and always a pleasure to work with! I recommend them for anyone who wants to give their guests a night to remember! They'll even get the shyest wallflower on the... Read More dance floor!

Dat Band MADE our reception!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Logan D

We had searched high and low for a band for our reception, and came across Dat Band on The Knot. I communicated with Chad prior to our wedding, and he was so wonderful to work with. He was extremely accommodating to the few requests we had, and always kept in touch. He was so... Read More pleasant to work with that my fiance and I decided to book them without ever seeing them perform. This was the best decision we could have made! The night of our wedding we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how amazing the entire band was! They kicked off the reception with a dance battle between the bridesmaids and groomsmen, ended the night on PURPLE RAIN! Needless to say, our guests loved this! We received countless compliments from our friends and family on how much fun they had, since the band kept us dancing all night. I highly recommend Dat Band to any brides that are currently looking for a band! They are hands down, the best!

2016-01-28T17:24:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words; your wedding was an absolute blast!! We appreciate getting to be a part of your wedding and wish you and your husband all the best!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

My buddy had his wedding in NOLA a couple of weeks ago and I had to come here to write a review. Being a musician myself my standards are pretty high. I was blown away by these guys! Seems like all my friends are getting married these days so I've been to a bunch of weddings... Read More recently, and no one I've seen even comes close. They brought that New Orleans style at first and then kicked it into high gear and kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. Honestly everyone was so impressed. I know there's a lot of bands in NOLA but I'm glad they picked them. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them for a second!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016

I saw this band at a halloween expo recently at generations hall and just... wow. They were energetic, sounded fantastic and kept people dancing all night. The best part was their crowd interaction... the lead singer was off the stage and in the crowd leading line dances, making... Read More the crowd sing along and leading a booty shaking contest. it was awesomE!!! best band ever!!!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

My sister got married two weeks ago and DatBand played! I had heard them before and they are incredible! They completely set the party mood and kept everyone dancing the whole night.

Bride

Reviewed on 1/03/2016

I would like to say by far one of the best bands I have ever seen. Band sounded awesome!! Very entertaining and loved the fact that they took requests. Would definitely recommend this band for any future brides. I will definitely be requesting "DatBand" for my father's 60th... Read More birthday celebration.

2016-01-04T06:37:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review! We would love to play your father's 60th! Let's talk sooner than later, as our schedule tends to book well in advance, sometimes 12 months or more. Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016

I saw Datband at my nieces wedding and I was blown away!!! I've been to several weddings in the last couple of years and I have to say that this band was really polished and was one of the best I had seen. If I get married again I'll definitely hire this Band! LOL

Meet The Coordinator

Armando Leduc

Dat Band is an experienced event band that performs at weddings, corporate events, conventions, & private parties. We specialize in keeping your guests on the dance floor regardless of age or musical tastes, take requests, and engage your guests throughout the reception instead of being a live jukebox. We also offer complete turn-key service for our brides & grooms including musicians during your ceremony (strings, flute, harp, piano, classical guitar, etc.), second line service, and professional Emcee service. Our calendar tends to book well in advance, so don't hesitate to contact us now!