Capturing life's precious moments.

A combination of "candid" "photojournalistic" with a little "traditional" mixed in, I love to capture maybe some of the things that you didn't even notice were going on during the day as well as make some amazing photographs that you will cherish for decades to come. A Thumbdrive of all your retouched images comes with every package, along with free downloading for all your guests and family so they can print your photos were ever they like.. Travel is free within 3 hours of Knoxville. Ask for a quote or price list and availability. Wedding packages starting at $1595.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Knoxville, TN Knoxville and East TN (865) 466-5831

AMAZING work!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Sara M

Our wedding was in TN, but we live in TX so I was bit nervous trying to find a photographer in a different location that I didn't have that much knowledge about, but I managed to come across David and we literally hit the jackpot with him. He is incredible to work with!! He is... Read More extremely easy to get a hold of and he was so informative about so many things that I would have been completely unprepared for on the big day!! More importantly though, our pictures came out amazing and I couldn't be happier with ALL of them!! GREAT photographer AND completely affordable!

Great photographer!! Love his work!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Tiffany H

Wow! There are so many wonderful things to say about David. My husband and I are so happy he was the one to capture our memories. First off, I just want to say how much I love our photos. We sat down to look through all the photos; after each photo we were constantly saying how... Read More amazing it was that he captured all the great moments. His ideas behind each picture were very creative and each of these moments will be beautiful memories that will last forever. Besides being a very skilled photographer, he is professional, an amazing communicator, and friendly. I was always able to get in touch with him and he was able to answer all my questions. We did our engagement and wedding photos with him. After each photo shoot he sent a few pictures for us to view, this was fun and put my mind at ease about how they would turn out. That was awesome! A week after our wedding, he had all the photos completed. So awesome to have the photos that quick! David was a big part of our wedding and we are so happy with his work; we know you will be also. 

2014-05-05T11:45:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tiffany. You guys were great!!

My BEST Wedding Choice

Reviewed on 2/07/2014 brittany w

I'm from Cullman AL& decided that I would be having my small dream wedding in Gatlinburg TN. I am first&foremost a hard to please, picky woman! Pictures mean the world to me so I knew right away I had to choose the very BEST photographer. I spent hours reading reviews, looking... Read More through portfolios & emailing with photographers. When I found David Payne something just clicked. I LOVED his work & the way he captured so many moments at weddings really impressed me so I immediately emailed him. I knew after our second email he was my choice for wedding photographer. Wedding day, he showed up early & ready to start shooting. He took ideal shots & went above & beyond to make sure all my special moments were captured. He was friendly, not bossy and never tried to get in the way. He did an AMZING job and I can not thank him enough for his kindness & skills that lead him to be my number one choice of my entire wedding. I highly recommend him. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 MJ G

What a great photographer! We had planned our wedding from MN and David made the whole experience very easy! He worked with us on creating the right photo package for our needs. Very professional and I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017

David did a great job for my sister and brother in law. We knew he created nice photos based on is portfolio. He was very professional and great to work with. The entire family is very happy with the photos he made and he worked very hard during the wedding. I would say that we... Read More got a great value given the quality of his work. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Chloe B

I highly recommend David Payne as a wedding photographer. David took our engagement and wedding pictures, and his work is very impressive and of high quality! During the engagement photo session, David took several shots in different locations around downtown Knoxville. He... Read More provided creative ideas for locations and poses, and the pictures turned out to be of excellent quality! During the wedding, David did a thorough job of taking pictures of the entire event. Again, his ideas for pictures were wonderful and very creative! When we received the pictures after the wedding, there was an incredible variety of options, and the wedding felt very well documented! We received a total of 702 pictures from both the engagement session and the wedding! Following the wedding, David mailed us a high quality flash drive with all pictures digitally included, and in a nice case. Additionally, the pictures were easily accessible online. Overall, I am completely satisfied and highly recommend David Payne Photography.

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Marissa W

David did a wonderful job with both engagement photos and on our wedding day. I am very picky about how the lighting looks on professional photos and all of my pictures turned out better than I could have imagined. David never hesitated to respond to my emails and was very easy... Read More to work with. I would definitely refer his services to anyone getting married and in need of a good photographer.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Chloe M

David Payne went above and beyond for our wedding day. His expertise on everything from posing group photos to making a time schedule for the day was integral in the success of our wedding. He listened to what we wanted and delivered beautiful photos that far exceeded what we... Read More imagined. We are so lucky to have these photos for the rest of our lives and are so thankful to David for all the hard work he put in on our big day and after!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Rachel N

David and his wife did a wonderful job! Great to work with and extremely patient. The pictures were wonderful, did not even know they were there most of the time!

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Elizabeth G

David is AMAZING and his photography is perfect. Amazing quality and absolutely beautiful photography. He responds very quickly to emails and was always on top of things and well organized. We had an engagement session over the summer and our friends and family are still talking... Read More about the pictures! Our wedding photos are equally amazing and we are so impressed by how many pictures he took throughout the day! David is very professional and fun to work with. As a plus, the pictures come back FAST! He was definitely our favorite wedding vendor! :)

2016-03-21T00:06:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks!!! I was definitely my pleasure. Dave

Reviewed on 3/12/2016

David did my engagement photos, and him and his wife both photographed my wedding day. They are very laid back and easy to work with, which is a huge blessing on such a busy day. David went above and beyond what I expected. He made us feel very comfortable during the photo... Read More shoot, and anything I asked of him, he was happy to do it. He even jumped across rocks with me to get some amazing river shots! What a great sport! David and his wife captured everything that I asked. The images turned out so beautiful and he got them to me promptly. I can't thank David enough for his patience with me during the album reviewing process. I would highly recommend adding an album to any package. It is extremely high quality and such a great value from Dave. These are wonderful people to work with, and I definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Amanda G

David is a great photographer! I absolutely love my engagement and wedding photos! The pictures are classic and timeless, which is exactly what I wanted. David was so easy to work with and full of great ideas for pictures. He was prompt in his email responses and made meetings... Read More very convenient for me. His prices was really reasonable, too. I would certainly recommend David to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! - David is the best

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Jessica L

David was absolutely wonderful. He was kind, courteous, and friendly. We found David through the internet, and had never met him before the wedding day, but I couldn't have made a better choice in photographers. My husband and I wanted pictures out on the rocks on a creek, and... Read More David climbed out on the slippery rocks with all three of his cameras without a single complaint. It was a lot of us to ask him to do that, and he never hesitated. The pictures he got are truly amazing. At our reception, he took picture after picture with my guests as I asked him to. My dad is sick with cancer and much of the day had to revolve around his care, and David made this as easy as it could be. I really cannot say enough good things about him. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 shee a

I loved working with David from the minute I first contacted him. He always responded very promptly and answered all my questions. I had a very atypical wedding and David worked with me on budget and the logistics. His prices were great and the photos were beautiful! I highly... Read More recommend using David for your wedding photography needs.

David Payne Photography

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Blair I

David was a great photographer not only for the wedding day, but also for the engagement photos! It was great being able to have the same photographer for both events! We were able to use our amazing engagement photos for the save the dates and for signage at the... Read More wedding. David is also a great guy, who is always thinking about the best interest for the wedding party. He is punctual, courteous, and a very dedicated professional. We are so lucky that we were able to find him for our special day!!! He provided so many great photos that really captured the event and was sure to include everyone! I would highly recommend him for any wedding event!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Alisha E

David was very easy to work with and so laid back! He did both our engagement photography and wedding photography and he did phenomenal! He knew when and how to get the best shots and how to make himself blend in with the guests at our wedding, while also doing a wonderful job!... Read More I would highly recommend this photographer!

Absolutely Excellent!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Kortney C

He showed up and immediately started taking pictures. He was so professional, and he did such a wonderful job. My husband and I just loved him, and our pictures were just perfect. He took all of my requests, and found a way to make most of them work (My venue choice made some of... Read More the requests impossible. Lol), but everything was just incredible. We highly reccomend!

Fantastic Service, Great Price

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Laramie W

I cannot possibly say enough great things about working with Dave and I would absolutely recommend him to future brides. Good photography is expensive but Dave was able to work out a photography package that would work with our budget. One day last winter we had a really good... Read More snow that only lasted a little past noon. I was dying to take advantage of it so I shot Dave an email to see if he could do our engagement photos. I knew it was a long shot so I was thrilled when he responded immediately. We were able to meet up an hour later and take advantage of the beautiful scenery. I tell you this to show just how wonderful Dave is to work with. For our wedding day, Dave helped me put together a timeline for when everyone needed to arrive for photos and the day of the wedding went incredibly smoothly; we were even ahead of schedule. He is so helpful with giving you ideas for photos but not at all pushy or controlling, an absolute pleasure to work with. Most importantly, our photos are fantastic, and we could not be happier with the quality of the photography. Future brides absolutely need to consider David Payne Photography.

Great Choice!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014

Beautiful photos! David knows his photography.

Wonderful Investment!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Kalie N

David did the engagement and wedding photography for my wife and I. What we found was that David offers a service which he is as good if not better at than those who charge two to three times as much. Not only that, but David also gives you the rights to his photos which allows... Read More you to print them off anywhere that you may want. For both the engagement and wedding photos David made it easy to be ourselves and not think much about the fact that every moment was being photographed. David's service made it easy to enjoy these special times for what they were in that moment instead of thinking about what we should be doing to provide a great future photo. He did all that for us. I would recommend David as a photographer to anyone.

I wouldn't have chosen anyone else!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Hannah W

David was a FANTASTIC photographer! He was so easy to work and took some incredible pictures. He showed up on time for both my engagement pictures and wedding pictures. He captured the whole day perfectly. He was there when we started to get ready to when we left our reception.... Read More He got pictures of every single moment. When he got the pictures done (which was very soon after my wedding), it was like reliving my wedding day! The pictures brought me to tears. I'm so thankful I chose David to capture my sweet wedding memories!

David Payne Photography for wedding

Reviewed on 6/07/2014

David Payne Photography is who my daughter chose for her wedding and engagement pictures, and she made the right choice. David spent a great deal of time with my daughter and us (her parents) to make sure the pictures, albums, etc., are exactly what she wanted. Not only are... Read More all the pictures beautiful, but David was extremely patient and professional. Before, during, and after the wedding, he captured every special moment, and I was impressed that he was able to take so many pictures without sacrificing any quality. My daughter said it was the best day of her life. I highly recommend David Payne Photography.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 12/31/2013 Erica M

I loved working with David, and would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants great pictures at an awesome price! He always responded quickly to any phone calls or e-mails. He also did a great job figuring out what I wanted from the pictures and letting me know how the... Read More process normally works so things ran really smoothly the day of the wedding. He was very professional, organized, and relaxed and made the whole process enjoyable and fun! We couldn't be happier with the finished product, and are very glad we got the opportunity to work with him!

January Bride

Reviewed on 1/29/2013 Amber H

David did both our engagement pictures and our Wedding.. he was absolute AMAZING! He worked with us on an a price that fit our budget and gave us everything we wanted. He is a very pleasant man and an exceptional photographer!

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Lindsey S

David was a pleasure to work with. He took our engagement pictures in Knoxville, TN were both my husband and I attended college. He then took our wedding pictures at the Fillauer Lake House in Cleveland, TN. He has a great eye for photography and will make any space look... Read More amazing!

2012-05-17T07:51:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lindsey. It was fun. Thanks for the review.

David Payne

Hi, I have been shooting weddings in the Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville for about 10 years now and have b even loving every minute of it. My wife Debbie accompanies me as a second shooter and does most of the design work on albums and "save the date" cards and such. I have been interested in photography since I was 13 and even won and adult photo competition at 14. I would love to hear from you and discuss how best I can serve you during your most special of days. So shoot me an email or call if you like. Love to hear what you have planned so far for the day. Dave