I can't wait to celebrate with you!

At DES, I strive to provide our couples with an incredible and memorable experience. There is nothing that fires me up more than a couple who is over-the-moon excited to get married and is ready to treat their wedding day like the celebration it should be. Your experience with your photographer should be fun, easy, and the least stressful part of your wedding experience (okay, maybe next to cake tasting) and thats what I strive to give my couples. I will capture the smallest detail to the biggest celebrations, and all of the candid moments in between. When the festivites are over, only your memories and photographs will remain. I want these photos to not only be loved and cherished by you, but also by your friends, family and your future great-grandchildren. That's why I do what I do!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

San Antonio, Texas Hill Country and Beyond (928) 234-0657

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Andrea R

Dawn was our photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding day. I cannot tell you how many people are still talking about how much they loved the engagement pictures. Beyond her obvious talent, Dawn is even more of a blessing for her pure heart. Of all my wedding... Read More vendors, she was by far the easiest and best choice. She makes you feel so comfortable and genuinely important. I can't wait to see the wedding photos!  I could go on forever, so I'll finish with this.. HIRE HER. I guarantee you will be glad for decades that you did!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Shauna W

If there were 100 more stars I would give them!! First of all, my husband and I are not the most comfortable couple in front of a camera, but let me tell you, you could not tell by looking at the photos! Dawn has the gift of making you feel comfortable and like you've been in... Read More front of a camera your whole life!! We were even lucky enough for Dawn to come down to Cabo San Lucas Mexico to shoot our wedding. The pictures are incredible, Dawn new exactly where to take the pictures and even though we were fighting with the wind all day long, it sure doesn't look like it in the photos! Dawn you are incredible, I tell everyone about you and your company and am so proud to have you as my photographer!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michelle G

Our entire experience with Dawn Elizabeth Studios was nothing short of incredible. She captured every special moment of our wedding day. Our pictures are stunning! From the formal wedding party pictures to the candid reception pictures, we couldn't be happier! Dawn made the... Read More process so easy. She is timely and efficient. The entire wedding party couldn't stop raving about our fantastic wedding photographer! We are so grateful! -Michelle and Stefan

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Danna J

Dawn is AMAZING! From my bridal pics to our wedding pics she is awesome all around! She made us feel so comfortable when taking our pics! My bridal pictures are amazing and from what we’ve seen of our sneak peek wedding photos they are too! I am so glad we found her for our... Read More wedding! Being an out of state bride I did a lot of research for photographers! We found the best by far!

2017-10-24T11:13:33 Response from the vendor

Danna, thank you SO MUCH for your kind words! I had so much fun getting to know you and photographing this special time in your life. You were such a beautiful bride!! I am wishing you and Ricky the absolute BEST and I can't wait... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Sari N

My husband and I were privileged to book Dawn for both our engagement and wedding photos and I couldn't be happier with our albums! Dawn is a professional both as a business manager and as a photographer. I had the fullest confidence in her and she exceeded all expectations.... Read More She made me and my husband, both awkward dorks, feel and look amazing at our engagement session, and then we were able to fully relax and be ourselves on our wedding day knowing that she was going to make us look great! We had our albums within a few weeks, and her website makes it super easy to view, share, and order photos. Book this awesome lady for your special occasions, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Joey C

Dawn is a professional in every sense of the word. She met with my wife and I a few weeks before our wedding to go over all of the details and to make sure she didn’t miss a single photo on our wish list. She even took the time to learn our key guests names and addressed all... Read More of our questions and concerns. Dawn had our photos back to us in a very short amount of time and we couldn’t be happier with her work. We loved working with Dawn and highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Morgan H

Dawn is absolutely fantastic! My experience with Dawn has been outstanding. She is beyond talented and each picture she captures is simply beautiful. Dawn takes the time to get to know you and truly listens to all of your requests/concerns. She put my mind at ease and made this... Read More part of wedding planning fun and enjoyable! I was blown away with my wedding photos and I could not be happier with how they turned out! Choosing Dawn as our photographer to capture such an important day in our lives was the best decision I ever made!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 John O

Art is an emotion extended to few. Dawn is a true Artist in every sense of the word. Her kind soul put my wife and I at ease when with her. Photos are not my thing and she made me enjoy the many hours we were together. I can never thank her enough for leaving my wife with... Read More memories forever! I strongly urge that she be considered for any event you have planned. Her work is exquisite!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Patti A

Captured the most intimate photos at my brothers wedding ! So sweet, kind, and non intrusive!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Cat R

Let me start off by saying that Dawn was our photographer for our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding! When planning our wedding, photography was one of the most important things to us, and Dawn exceeded our expectations. Her love for people and photos is so evident. She... Read More made me feel beautiful and gave us great direction during shoots. All my friends and family loved her the day of the wedding and could not stop raving about the photos after the wedding. She was SUPER coordinated and organized the day of our wedding. This was something I didn't even think about when looking for a photographer. On the days leading up to our wedding, I had posted on social media about being stressed about wedding planning. She took no time in reaching out to me, asking me if there was anything she could do to help! It was such a sweet gesture! Dawn valued us people, not just as "customers". I truly felt that after our wedding she is someone I can call a friend! If you are trying to find the right photographer for your occasion, you have found her! THANK YOU, DAWN!!!

2017-07-23T12:55:41 Response from the vendor

Cat, thank you so much for your kind words - they mean the world to me! I am so glad that you and Derek trusted me with your day. Everything about it was beautiful and perfect and I am so happy to call you both... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Christina A

Amazing experience! Thank you guys so much.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Robbie S

Dawn is a jewel and far more than just a photographer. Many couples will go through stresses throughout their wedding planning but photography was not one of them for us. From day one Dawn was super easy and fun to work with. Our photos look amazing and our families loved her!... Read More Thank you Dawn for making out special moments so memorable. We love you and hope to work with you again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie M

Dawn has an amazing talent for photography and did a great job capturing my fiancé and I's engagement pictures with our pups. We took our pictures at the Boerne Nature Center in the fall, and they came our absolutely gorgeous! Dawn did a great job making us both feel comfortable... Read More in front of the camera, as well as our non-photogenic pups! Dawn is such a people person and it is clear she has a passion for what she does. Thank you for capturing our special memories we will forever cherish Dawn!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristine H

Highly recommend Dawn Elizabeth Studios!! Dawn captured our photos that we used as our table numbers at our wedding. She went around downtown San Antonio with us and made it a totally fun experience! Dawn has a fast turn around time and works really hard to make your photo shoot... Read More session extra special!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lauren R

Dawn is amazing. Point blank period. She was there to capture the moment when I got engaged (thanks for hiding in that tree!) and she has been there to capture so many more special moments throughout the year of being engaged and leading up to my wedding. Not only is she super... Read More easy to work with and gets you some sneak peeks super quickly, she has SO many ideas! She has a knack for figuring out what poses look best and has great suggestions for locations. I can't rave enough about Dawn! You don't come across someone who is so friendly, professional and all around FANTASTIC! You can tell she truly loves her job and it's so fun to see her in action!

2016-10-21T20:09:01 Response from the vendor

Lauren, this made me tear up! It has been such an honor to be part of so many special memories and I can't wait to capture the many more to come! <3

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

I had an engagement session, and also had my wedding photos by Dawn Elizabeth Studios. She was wonderful from the moment I first emailed her for a quote she made me feel at ease. Before the engagement session my fiance"now husband" and I met with Dawn to discuss details she... Read More made us feel very comfortable and was not pushy at all. Our pictures for both the engagement and the wedding were more then we could have ever hoped or imagined...stunning! I would definitely recommend Dawn Elizabeth Studios!

Dawn Richardson

Unlike most photographers, my love for photography came from the technical side of things. I have worked in IT for the past 8 years, and I'm fascinated that manipulating something within a machine results in a different type of photo. As I started shooting more, I quickly realized the impact that my work can have on a person. I have the ability to freeze a moment in time, a moment that will be cherished for the rest of their lives and even after we are long gone. With every shutter click is another moment preserved in a family's legacy. How amazing is that?!