You deserve a worry-free high energy party!

Day One DJ's two biggest goals: 1.) To pack the dance floor, 2.) To make sure you don't have to worry about anything the night of your wedding. We're expert MCs, DJs, Coordinators, and Memory Creators. We don't "just push play." Your wedding is the most important night of your life, and we want to make that as memorable and as smooth as possible. We have decades of performance and entertainment experience to make your wedding vision come to life. No wimpy little sound systems. No DJs without significant performance background. No sitting around and doing nothing until dance music starts. We don't want to just be hired for your big day... WE WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR BIG DAY. We also offer uplighting, photo booths, party rental, full event production, live background music, and more

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MN, Western WI, Minneapolis, St Paul Metro (763) 742-8031
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Carly C

Day One DJ was by far the best vendor at our wedding. Every detail, from the planning to coordinating things the night of was amazing. The dance floor was completely packed all night, which was one of our biggest hopes. They even had to move more tables to make the floor bigger!... Read More I already have several friends who are booking them after our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Amanda K

BEST DJ EVER! We found Joe at a friend's wedding and knew we needed to have him as the DJ for our own wedding. The way he was singing and dancing along just as excited to be there as the wedding guests led to a great atmosphere at their reception. He was just as amazing for our... Read More wedding. He was responsive and helpful throughout the planning process and his online planning worksheet was awesome. He was kind, energetic, personable, and he worked great alongside all of our other vendors. All my guests LOVED him, and he kept the dance floor packed ALL night. I will highly recommend him as one of our favorite wedding vendors to everybody I talk to!

2017-07-19T21:16:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks a million! It was awesome being a part of your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Michelle T

Day One DJ is by the far the best vendor we hired for our wedding! Their equipment is top notch and they are so professional and friendly. The communication was A+. Joe was our DJ and he coordinated the reception timeline just how we wanted it, and he kept the dance floor packed... Read More all night. We couldn't ask for a better experience!

Reviewed on 4/16/2018 Bryan B

I am not one to leave reviews, however, our experience is noteworthy. Joe is above and beyond professional- from the initial meeting all the way to the end of our wedding. How doesn't just listen, he hears your requests and utilizes his expertise to enhanse your experience. My... Read More wife and I received countless compliments on "our DJ" and Joe knew just how to get everyone back on the dance floor when people hit a wall- second wind... Even my grandma got hers! If you're looking for a DJ, look no further! In my opinion, no one goes more above and beyond to enhance the customer experience than Joe. My wife and I are forever grateful for him making our special day one that all will never forget!

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Jake S

From the get go we knew we made the right choice for a DJ. He made out say feel very special and like it was all about us. We still have guests commenting on how great Joe was and how amazed they were that he managed to get everyone on their feet and dancing at the same time. I... Read More couldn't imagine any other DJ then Joe for us and our wedding. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Kristina D

Joe did such a wonderful job at our wedding reception. He was very organized and easy to work with during the planning process. He was a ton of fun and had everyone on the dance floor. I highly recommend Day One DJ!

2018-02-03T11:29:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks a ton!! It was awesome being a part of your wedding! Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Melissa H

Where do I start when it comes to Day One? As a wedding coordinator, he has been nothing but personable, fun, creative and amazing at what he does. He is an awesome emcee as well as a DJ. Every bride that I recommended him to said nothing but great things to say about him from... Read More start to finish. I highly recommend him for your wedding, or any event for that matter! Joe you are awesome!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jordan H

Day One DJ is AMAZING! Joe is professional and easy to talk to. He answered ANY questions we had and had great ideas! Joe is not a cheesy DJ that you can find for cheap. His prices are comparable and worth every penny! We paid for additional speakers due to our L-shaped venue... Read More (Troy Burne, Hudson, WI - I also recommend!) as well as up-lighting. The sound system was perfect and the up-lighting took our already beautiful venue to another level! Not only did Joe help us plan a well thought-out reception, he threw an awesome dance party! Our dance floor was packed the whole night! The playlist was perfectly timed and every song was exactly what we wanted. We received so many compliments on our dance floor and some of our guests want to use Day One at their own wedding - I can't wait! I've never seen a dance floor as fun as the one at our wedding. I highly recommend Day One DJ - please invite me to your next event with Joe so I can experience another great party! ;)

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Maria H

Joe was absolutely outstanding from the moment we met at the planning meeting all the way through the follow-up emails after the wedding reception! The air conditioner was broken the night of the reception (which was one of the hottest nights in July) and I was worried that the... Read More guests wouldn't stay to dance due to the heat, but Joe got EVERYONE out on the dancefloor immediately after dinner and kept them there the whole night! He made sure to check in with me throughout the evening, was flexible, and read the crowd very well. I cannot say enough good things about Joe with Day One DJ. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

Joe was absolutely phenomenal from start to end! He not only knows how to play great music, but he also is a great MC and ran the show from the very start of our wedding reception. We had no worries at our reception because we knew Joe had it covered. He was funny yet... Read More professional, and really knows how to read the room. We would recommend him time and time again. Thank you Joe and Day One DJ for a great reception - we received many compliments thanks to you!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Courtney S

We loved working with Joe! He's super personable and energetic so he was the perfect guy to DJ at our wedding. We had given him our timeline of the reception and he made sure to keep everything moving on schedule, which I found really helpful! He kept the crowd engaged and... Read More dancing all night. I would definitely recommend Day One DJ!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Adrianna P

Joe did an amazing job! He kept us on track with our timeline which helped a ton and was very knowledgeable in helping with every aspect of planning the reception. Joe was very easy to communicate with and I knew we were in good hands from the first meeting. The dance floor was... Read More packed all night and I spent most of the night dancing! Wish we could do it all over again.

2017-10-24T12:28:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks a ton!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Maggie J

We had an AWESOME experience with Joe from Day One DJ for our wedding on 9/29/17. The whole pre-wedding planning process was really easy. The online form that Joe had us fill out was straightforward and made it easy for us to inform him of any particular requests we had. Joe... Read More was always available for questions that came up and he responded to emails in a timely manner. We had SO much fun during the dance party at our reception. We didn't leave the dance floor all night and we had numerous guests approached us to say how awesome our DJ was. Joe played a great mixture of music that everyone enjoyed. We really liked how Joe got involved with the crowd and even came out onto the dance floor to teach everyone a dance. Overall, amazing experience and we would recommend Day One DJ to anyone!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Emily K

Joe is passionate about being a DJ & an entertainer which clearly shows in his performance. He works with you and all other vendors to be sure that your day is perfect! With Joe as your DJ Your dance floor will be packed all night long. We had the best time with him at our... Read More wedding & there were an abundance of compliments about the dancing music!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jake S

If there were six stars to give Joe earned them! Joe did an amazing job making one of the most special days of our life special and memorable. Joe's service is above and beyond either of our expectations, we could not have done it without him. When there are so many vendors to... Read More coordinate things can get crazy. Thankfully, we didn't have to 'babysit' Joe, he just gets it! Don't hesitate to use Day One DJ, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Clair G

Day One DJ did an amazing job! We had multiple people comment on how great the music was. He did a wonderful job of announcing different transitions throughout the night - he helped make the entire night run smoothly.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Ashley M

Day One DJ is a preferred vendor at our venue and I am SO happy we went with Joe. He kept everyone on the dance floor and I am receiving so many compliments about how fun the wedding was. Joe kept me to my timeline which I was so thankful for as the night went on and we got... Read More distracted with our guests. Our guests were dancing until CLOSE (first time a wedding has gone that long at our venue!). Thank you so much, Joe it was such an amazing night!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Amanda M

Joe was SO helpful during our planning process! He also did a wonderful job on our big day- his MC skills helped our reception flow nicely, and our dance floor was exactly what we wanted- fun, energetic, and ultimately sweaty :) If we could do it all over again, we'd chose him... Read More again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Grace J

Joe clearly loves his job and it shows. He does a great job interacting with everyone and is a genuinely fun and likable guy to have at a wedding! He played music that kept everyone engaged and having a great time. I have seen many DJs who seemed bored or uninterested in getting... Read More involved with guests but Joe brought a fun energy and was an amazing vendor to have at the wedding!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Sarah Z

Joe was awesome! He did our ceremony and reception and did it flawlessly. He was always very responsive and easy to bounce ideas off of. One of the things that stuck out to me is he did a wonderful job with the garter toss (He had my husband dance to me in order to take my... Read More garter off!) He played all of the songs we asked him to and the night would not have been as smooth if Joe wasn't there to keep things going.

2017-07-26T09:13:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks a million! It was awesome being a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Abby S

Joe was by far our best wedding vendor. He is extremely personable and always checks in to make sure you are on the right track to planning your perfect day. He is a wedding expert and we are so happy we chose him to be part of our big day. Would recommend 100%.

2017-07-19T21:16:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks a ton! It was an honor to be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Ranae L

Joe was awesome! From our initial phone call, through all the planning, to his awesome performance at our wedding he made me feel like he would do all he could to make the night a success and he delivered! He took to mind our preference and was great at getting people out on the... Read More dance floor without being cheesy. He also did a great job with honoring requests and really seemed aware of what was happening. I'm not big on the clinking of glasses to make the bride and groom kiss and after the first time it happened he popped over to see if he should shut it down. I really appreciate his hands on approach and all the energy he brings! I will highly recommend him to anyone I know looking for a DJ! He is so much more!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jillian N

If you want a DJ that has fun and keeps everyone dancing, Joe is the guy you want! This guy is so much fun and so friendly, even from our first meeting with him, that you will not regret hiring him! He was absolutely awesome to work with!

Joe Osterberg

Between DJing and playing in bands, I have been performing music in front of crowds since I’ve been 14, meaning that I already have 18 years of performance background. My entire life, I’ve surrounded myself with talented performers and entertainers who have inspired me during my journey. That journey has led me to having the best job ever: DJing, MCing, and creating a team of the best entertainers in the Midwest. I’ve devoted my life to having and creating as much fun as possible. This is what I do for a living, and I’m extremely passionate about it.