Deborah K. O'Brien Photographer

Serving Fairfield County CT, Westchester County NY

Images to Cherish

I love to document the most amazing day in your life with images that you will cherish! With a Master of Fine Arts in Photography, awards based on reviews from real brides and grooms like you two, and plenty of experience photographing weddings, you know that you can be assured to have the most creative images and the best quality of wedding photography that you could hope for! I would love to hear more about your wedding, please call or email for a free consultation!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Ridgefield, CT Serving Fairfield County CT, Westchester County NY (203) 431-0906

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Stephanie S

Deborah was amazing to work with! She spent time before the big day to get to know my fiancé and me and to understand what we were looking for. She has extensive experience at our venue - Keeler Tavern Museum - and was able to suggest great spots for pictures. She proactively... Read More confirmed all details with me as the day approached which I truly appreciated given everything I was trying to confirm. She was super prompt and accommodating during the wedding. She brought an assistant which was a great bonus as we had even more beautiful pictures to choose from. Both captured all of the images we wanted plus special moments we could not have planned for and details related to the venue and decor. We ordered and received prints from Deborah which were beautiful and professional. The prints arrived quickly. It was easy to share images with friends and family via her website inks. Deborah is great to work with and I highly recommend her.

2017-10-15T17:39:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks Stephanie, it was such a pleasure working with you and Paul and your families! So glad everyone is enjoying the photos. What a beautiful wedding at Keeler tavern!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Michelle D

Deborah did an amazing job on our engagement photo sessions as well as our wedding! These pictures will truly last a lifetime, she did an amazing job capturing natural moments as well as the gorgeous lighting. Deborah is truly a delight to work with, she is so professional,... Read More friendly, and a fabulous photographer. She was wonderful capturing our guests at cocktail hour as well as fun moments on the dance floor. I love her style, she was not invasive at all with family members or guests at the wedding, she truly captured the fun and excitement at our wedding! My husband and I truly enjoyed working with Deborah and we hope to work with her soon again! We are so happy we had the pleasure of working with Deborah!

2017-10-29T16:35:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks Michelle, it's been such a pleasure working with you and Andy and I look forward to creating a stunning album from your beautiful wedding photos! I also loved how you had so many framed at the wedding from our engagement shoot!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Jessica L

I was lucky enough to have Deborah photograph my wedding on 7/7/17 Deborah not only has a beautiful photography style but she is a very sweet person. On your wedding day you want good people surrounding you and Deborah is one of the good people. Highly Recommended

2017-10-09T16:40:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica, It was a pleasure working with you and documenting you amazing wedding! I absolutely love the Thank you note you sent me with a drawing of me with my camera! So nice to work with another artist and I love your artwork... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Rachel R

Thanks so much to Deborah O'Brien and Kate for such great photos of our wedding! Kate, our photographer from our wedding in July, captured so many great moments of our day and we will forever have them frozen in time! Kate took a lot of great photos before and during our... Read More celebration and was awesome with incorporating our golden retriever in the photos as well. Some of our favorite photos from the day include our pup! We highly recommend Deborah O'Brien and her photographers for your special day!

2017-10-29T16:32:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks Rachel, so glad you love your photos and that you are so happy with everything! Glad you could include the dog too!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Gerald D

Through out our wedding experience, Debbie was always very professional, creative, supportive and responsive. For example: The Sunday before our wedding on the following Saturday, we received a call from a New York Times reporter reguesting a photo, within 24 hours, for an... Read More announcement on the day after our wedding. We called Debbie who left her house guests, did a long photo shoot at our house and met the Times deadline!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Jennifer D

My husband and I had Deborah as our wedding photographer at Lounsbury House in Ridgefield, CT this past August. From the initial interview, engagement session to our wonderful wedding day, Deborah was always completely professional, warm and friendly. She knew the venue very... Read More well and had a good relationship with our other vendors. She was always prompt and courteous in our email and telephone communications. She listened to our questions and concerns . Deborah was flexible, non intrusive, and a class act. I'd highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Elizabeth M

We are so happy that Deborah was our wedding photographer - she put us at ease and kept things moving smoothly throughout our wedding day. We love our wedding photos and will cherish them for years to come. We highly recommend Deborah!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 KelLee R

My husband Greg and I are so happy that we chose Deborah to photograph our wedding this past July. . The quality of her work is beyond expectation. Deborah is professional and easy to work with. She took the time to get to know us during our engagement shoot, and helped us to... Read More feel comfortable posing together for the camera. She was easy to communicate with and always attentive to our needs. On our wedding day, Deborah and her fantastic assistant, Charlene, knew just how to work with everyone through all of the “day of hiccups.” We were amazed at how many gorgeous photos they captured and posted to our gallery shortly after. Do not hesitate to meet with Deborah-You will know that you made the right choice!!

2017-10-15T17:41:11 Response from the vendor

Hi KelLee, it was so much fun documenting your beautiful wedding at The Waterview. I'm so glad everyone loves the photos!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Rose V

Deborah came highly recommended to us through the entertainment company we used for our wedding. After that first phone call, I knew she was the photographer for us. The conversation was really easy and you could tell she had experience and expertise in wedding photography. Her... Read More recommendations and support were top notch throughout the days leading up to our wedding and on our wedding day. My husband and I are overjoyed with the pictures and would recommend Deborah to friends and family without hesitation!

2017-10-09T16:37:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Rose for the nice review. So happy that you love your photos and the service that you received! Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Julie S

Our wedding day was spectacular and enhanced by our wonderful photographer Charlene. Thank you Deborah and your company for providing amazing service from beginning to end.

2017-10-09T16:38:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you Julie for the nice review. So happy that you love your photos and we will be working together soon to create your beautiful album!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Hannah G

My husband and I are so happy with the pictures Deborah took of our wedding and reception. She was friendly, courteous, and willing to work with everyone to get the best pictures possible. She ended up giving us a huge selection to look through. We were impressed with how quick... Read More the turnaround on the pictures was - the gallery was available to view within a couple weeks after our wedding. Deborah stayed for the majority of the reception and took so many wonderful pictures of us having fun with our guests. We definitely recommend Deborah because of her professionalism and abilities as a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jim C

Deborah was amazing. She photographed our wedding and our pictures are beautiful. She took pictures we did;t even know we wanted but are so glad we have. I would highly recommend her for any event you want commemorated.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Alyssa C

Deborah was great to work with for our engagement session and wedding. After the engagement session we got a good feel for what styles and poses did and did not work for us, and when we gave feedback according to that during our wedding session she really took note and tried to... Read More photograph exactly what we were going for.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lucia M

I have got to let everyone know what an amazing person Deborah O'Brien is! My husband and I got married on August 14th, 2016, and the day just before our wedding, the photographer we had hired cancelled on us because of a family emergency! After panicking and having a mild... Read More heart attack, I remembered receiving promotional emails from Deborah and contacted her. I figured it would be a long shot getting a photographer less than 24 hours before the wedding and although she was away on vacation, she responded to my panicked emails and voice mails immediately and completely pulled through for us! When I made that panicked call to her, even though it was the first time we had spoken, she spoke to me as if we were friends for years and promised me that everything would be ok. In a matter of a half an hour, she had a photographer booked for us and kept her promise, everything was ok! I was so relieved! Her photographer Charlene arrived early, spent the whole day with us, and took beautiful pictures! She was non intrusive, respected our personal preferences for what we wanted, and after a bit it felt as if she was also a guest at our wedding celebrating with us! It was a blessing that our original photographer cancelled! I highly recommend Deborah!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Marianne M

Highly recommended. Beautiful photographs and Debra is wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Tanner M

Deborah was the photographer for my wedding and did an absolutely amazing job. My wife and I loved how friendly and professional Deborah and her other photographer Kate were. Deborah accommodated our busy schedule to do an outstanding engagement photo session with us and the... Read More photos came out beautiful. I'm not really the one who's super into photo's but my wife and mother in law gushed over the beautiful pictures that were taken. Deborah has an eye for great shots as she helped make even me look good. She definitely knows what shots will work and which ones do not. Our wedding photos were fantastic and we've already had all of our friends and relatives comment to us how amazing the pictures came out. Deborah and Kate brought us out to the best spots at our venue and really took the perfect shots to capture our big day. We honestly could not be happier with the job that she did. If you are looking for a professional, friendly and knowledgeable photographer for your wedding, Deborah should be your first call.

2016-10-20T10:13:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tanner for the nice review! I love the photos from your beautiful wedding too, and you two are wonderful to work with!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Brett C

Deborah made us feel at ease when we choose her to shoot our wedding. Very easy working with her. Engagement and wedding photos came out great! Thanks!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Stef R

I want to start by saying that Deborah is an amazing photographer. We have had an amazing experience with her over the last year from our initial meeting to our engagement photos to our wedding day. She captured every moment and the pictures we received are flawless. She really... Read More captured all of the fun of our wedding day. She made sure to check in to ask if there were any other photos that we wanted throughout the day and she also made sure that she got all of the photos on the list that we gave her. I could not be happier with our wedding photos! Thank you Deborah for your amazing work!

2016-10-11T14:19:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks Stef, it was such a pleasure working with you both and your families! The album will be gorgeous!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Jennifer M

Thank you Deborah for amazing photos!! We had to squeeze all our photos in the cocktail hour and Deborah did an amazing job getting my husband and I, along with family shots/bridal party shots we wanted. The photos are beautiful and Deborah is wonderful to work with. We also... Read More did engagement photos with Deborah last year and are so happy with those as well! Thank you Deborah for an all around wonderful experience!

2016-10-11T14:20:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jennifer, what a beautiful wedding and a fun group to work with! So glad everyone loves the photos!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Deborah did an amazing job photographing my wedding. She took beautiful pictures all while making me feel so comfortable. I was amazed at how many great pictures we had and it was so hard to decide which ones we wanted because they were all great.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Dee E

From our first meeting for our engagement shoot to our last picture at our wedding( July 9,2016) Deborah was amazing! Deborah was professional, great with our guests, and captured everything we wanted at the wedding. The morning of our wedding Deborah got there early and really... Read More captured the excitement of getting ready with my family and bridal party. Deborah ended up staying throughout the whole reception, and even took pictures as she was leaving. With in 3 days of our wedding, Deborah already had some pictures edited and sent to us. We just received all of our edited photos less than 3 weeks after our wedding. Deborah was amazing to work with, and my husband and I are so happy she was there to capture the night!! Danielle Munroe

2016-10-20T10:15:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks Danielle, I'm so happy that you love your photos! It is so rewarding to me that you cherish your wedding photos, and I'm so happy to be a part of your wonderful wedding memories!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 TERRI T

Deborah was incredible to work with. She is professional, friendly and down to earth. Deborah takes the most amazing photos and really captured the magic of our special wedding day. After seeing all the pictures I felt like I was reliving the day all over again! She is... Read More incredibly talented and pays attention to all the details!! I would highly recommend Deborah for any event.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better, more detail oriented photographer! From our first meeting over a year ago til our last shot a month ago, Deborah has been amazing. We had her shoot our engagement session at Elizabeth Park and Trinity. She was so enthusiastic, excited and... Read More very experienced with lighting and shadowing. We were very happy with how the pictures turned out, we couldn't wait to see how she would shoot the wedding. At the wedding she was there from the minute I stepped out of the limo to the minute the last guest left. She took the traditional shots, candid shots, detailed shots and every shot in between. She was right there when someone else was taking a picture of a couple or group. We can definitely say that our wedding was well documented and Deborah totally exceeded our expectations. She truly captured our special day.

2016-07-05T14:18:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jen for the nice review. It's such a pleasure working with you two and congratulations to you both!

Deborah k. O'Brien Photography

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Karen F

We scheduled a meeting with Kate O'Brien based on the recommendation of our venue (Dolce Norwalk) as well as reading the reviews on The Knot. Deborah was very warm, professional and very reassuring. We decided immediately to hire her company to photograph our wedding. My family... Read More is scattered around the globe and my David's around the USA, as a result we don't see each other often. Kate, who photographs for Deborah did a wonderful job of helping us capture memories of our loved ones on our special day, which we shall always cherish. Deborah had our photos ready to review 2 weeks after the weeding and 4 weeks later we had made our selection for our album. A difficult choice made easier with Deborah's expertise. Looking forward to seeing the final version! Thanks Deborah and Kate.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Nick

Deborah was the best! Very professional and took excellent wedding pictures. Highly recommended!

Deborah

I have been living my passion as a creative artist, by documenting one of the most important days of your life, your wedding. Always passionate about the visual arts, I received my BA in Fine Arts at Hampshire College, and then earned an MFA in Photography from Pratt Institute. I get such pleasure getting to know you and creating images that you as a couple will cherish, share with friends and family, and pass along for generations.