Deborah K. O'Brien Photographer

Serving Westchester, NY, and Western Connecticut

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Ridgefield, CT
Serving Westchester, NY, and Western Connecticut

AMAZING!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Amy B

Let me start of by saying my wedding was two days ago and after seeing only some of the pictures I had to write this review! Deborah is not only professional, kind and a pleasure to work with, her pictures exceeded my expectations. ..which is not easy to do! On your special day... Read More you will feel so amazing that days after you will want nothing more but to see pictures and relive that day! I can't tell you how many times friends of mine wished they didn't see their pictures because in their heads it was better...well for me I can say Deborah captured the best day of my life in the best way I could have hoped for. She took the most amazing pictures!!! I could actually send out the links because I am so proud of every photo! You will not be disappointed! This is a day you don't get back and when all is said and done you only have your photos so trust me when I say I will be using Deborah again for all of lives precious moments!

2014-09-22T22:59:48 Response from the vendor

Amy, thanks for the nice review and for calling me 2 days after your wedding when you saw the FB and Blog photos to tell me how thrilled you are! It was so nice to hear your enthusiasm directly from you, and I'm so glad... Read Less Read More

Hire this photographer

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Rachel Z

Deborah was amazing - she is professional, patient, artistic, and just a joy to work with. Her photos perfectly captured the day's warmth, happiness, and love - we will cherish her photos and the memories of her creativity and calmness forever.

2015-08-19T15:39:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks Rachel, it was such a pleasure working with your family and I'm so thankful that you included me in your wonderful day!

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Sara E

Deborah O'Brien was, by far, one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. She is wonderful! Throughout the whole process, she made us so comfortable and was always available for any help, advice, or answering questions. Constantly friendly and upbeat, she was a... Read More pleasure to work with. On wedding day, she was amazing. She is such a pro, having done this so many times, that she knew exactly what we needed to do, and was so helpful with keeping the day flowing. She also helped me, a stressed out bride, tremendously. And the photos are amazing!! She captured every moment! I received so many compliments on how our photographer was everywhere, but never in the way or intrusive in any way. We couldn't have asked for more. The hardest part has been choosing our favorites from so many amazing photos! I can't thank Deborah enough for preserving all of the special memories from our day. The actual day flies by, and all feels like such a dream. Having the photos to remember the day is so important. Deborah can capture those memories like no one else, and she makes everyone feel so comfortable at the same time. She's just the best, hands down!

2015-03-18T14:49:19 Response from the vendor

Sara, it is such a pleasure working with you and Brian, and I am thrilled that you and your friends and family love the photographs that I took at your wedding! It means so much to me that it means so much to you, that's... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Stef R

I want to start by saying that Deborah is an amazing photographer. We have had an amazing experience with her over the last year from our initial meeting to our engagement photos to our wedding day. She captured every moment and the pictures we received are flawless. She really... Read More captured all of the fun of our wedding day. She made sure to check in to ask if there were any other photos that we wanted throughout the day and she also made sure that she got all of the photos on the list that we gave her. I could not be happier with our wedding photos! Thank you Deborah for your amazing work!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Jennifer M

Thank you Deborah for amazing photos!! We had to squeeze all our photos in the cocktail hour and Deborah did an amazing job getting my husband and I, along with family shots/bridal party shots we wanted. The photos are beautiful and Deborah is wonderful to work with. We also... Read More did engagement photos with Deborah last year and are so happy with those as well! Thank you Deborah for an all around wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Deborah did an amazing job photographing my wedding. She took beautiful pictures all while making me feel so comfortable. I was amazed at how many great pictures we had and it was so hard to decide which ones we wanted because they were all great.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Dee E

From our first meeting for our engagement shoot to our last picture at our wedding( July 9,2016) Deborah was amazing! Deborah was professional, great with our guests, and captured everything we wanted at the wedding. The morning of our wedding Deborah got there early and really... Read More captured the excitement of getting ready with my family and bridal party. Deborah ended up staying throughout the whole reception, and even took pictures as she was leaving. With in 3 days of our wedding, Deborah already had some pictures edited and sent to us. We just received all of our edited photos less than 3 weeks after our wedding. Deborah was amazing to work with, and my husband and I are so happy she was there to capture the night!! Danielle Munroe

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 TERRI T

Deborah was incredible to work with. She is professional, friendly and down to earth. Deborah takes the most amazing photos and really captured the magic of our special wedding day. After seeing all the pictures I felt like I was reliving the day all over again! She is... Read More incredibly talented and pays attention to all the details!! I would highly recommend Deborah for any event.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better, more detail oriented photographer! From our first meeting over a year ago til our last shot a month ago, Deborah has been amazing. We had her shoot our engagement session at Elizabeth Park and Trinity. She was so enthusiastic, excited and... Read More very experienced with lighting and shadowing. We were very happy with how the pictures turned out, we couldn't wait to see how she would shoot the wedding. At the wedding she was there from the minute I stepped out of the limo to the minute the last guest left. She took the traditional shots, candid shots, detailed shots and every shot in between. She was right there when someone else was taking a picture of a couple or group. We can definitely say that our wedding was well documented and Deborah totally exceeded our expectations. She truly captured our special day.

2016-07-05T14:18:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jen for the nice review. It's such a pleasure working with you two and congratulations to you both!

Deborah k. O'Brien Photography

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Karen F

We scheduled a meeting with Kate O'Brien based on the recommendation of our venue (Dolce Norwalk) as well as reading the reviews on The Knot. Deborah was very warm, professional and very reassuring. We decided immediately to hire her company to photograph our wedding. My family... Read More is scattered around the globe and my David's around the USA, as a result we don't see each other often. Kate, who photographs for Deborah did a wonderful job of helping us capture memories of our loved ones on our special day, which we shall always cherish. Deborah had our photos ready to review 2 weeks after the weeding and 4 weeks later we had made our selection for our album. A difficult choice made easier with Deborah's expertise. Looking forward to seeing the final version! Thanks Deborah and Kate.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Nick

Deborah was the best! Very professional and took excellent wedding pictures. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Steph D

Deborah was amazing since day one!! When I first contacted Deborah via email she got back to me within a few hours and we talked on the phone that night, she answered every question i had an it was clear to my husband an I we wanted her to capture our special day! We then wanted... Read More to meet with her in person and that was just as easy to do. We got to her house and the pictures were amazing, way better then seeing them online. We put our deposit down the day we met her and I'm so glad we didn't wait or see what else is out there because Deborah is definitely the best photographer from the beginning of planning to even past the wedding day!! She always keeps in contact with us an updates on our wedding pictures! We just got our pictures and they are beyond amazing looking at them brings back all the amazing memories of our wedding!!! Deborah really knows how to capture every moment! You will NOT be disappointed choosing Deborah as your photograper for your special day! :)

2015-10-13T19:37:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Steph for this wonderful review, and thank you for including me as part of your beautiful wedding day! It's wonderful working with you both and I'm so glad you love your photos!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Carolyn M

Deborah was just fantastic from start to finish. She was so patient with me from the beginning and was incredibly gracious and helpful. We planned our moderately sized wedding ourselves and Deborah was great in keeping us moving and working with the restaurant maitre 'd to make... Read More sure every moment of our special day was captured by her camera. I recommend Deborah without hesitation!

2015-09-06T14:11:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you Carolyn, it's such a pleasure working with you and Michael! So glad you love your photos!

Superb !!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Deborah is not only warm, friendly and professional she made our guests feel at ease and this made for beautiful photos. It was fun working with her. The framing of the scenes and the lighting were perfect.

2015-08-23T17:15:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the nice review!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Deborah did an awesome job with my wedding pictures! She got all of the pictures I wanted, and they were all quality photos fit for my album. When she sent me samples from the favorites I picked, she included some in black and white and some in different sizes. The website she... Read More uses made it really easy to go through 700+ photos. She sent 200 samples for me to pick my photo album pictures. I picked out 57 photos for my album, and I am getting 5x7 enlargements and 8x10 enlargements with the package I picked. She took some great candids too! I would highly recommend.

What a way to remember a special day!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Katherine B

We hired Deborah off of a recommendation list our wedding venue provided (Keeler Tavern). She was so warm and easy to deal with. She even recommended the minister that we used to ordain our marriage! We wanted our photographs to capture who we are as a couple and a family and... Read More she did just that. If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate to hire Deborah!

wedding pictures by Deborah

Reviewed on 12/22/2014

Deborah's pictures were fantastic. We had the hardest time narrowing down our choices as so many terrific. At the wedding, it seemed she was always around shooting pictures from one angle or another did not leave until quite late. Working with her has been a sheer pleasure. She... Read More has gone out of her way to make things easy for us, from start to finish. Could not be more pleased!

A Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Elena G

Deborah was recommended to my husband and me by the owner of a venue we toured—he stated that she was the only photographer he ever recommends. We met with her, looked at her photos, and booked her immediately. We also asked her to do our engagement photos which was a very... Read More helpful in knowing that she would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. She made everyone feel very comfortable. She got all of the photos that we wanted and made the whole experience and process relaxing and carefree. Deborah was very fun to work with and made everyone in our wedding party feel comfortable. We had a great time and are so, so happy with the way all of our photos turned out! Her pricing is very fair and she offers many different packages to choose from. She worked with us to make sure that we paid within our budget while getting everything that we wanted. The experience could not have been better!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

Dear Deborah, Thank you so much for providing us with such exceptional pictures. We appreciate all you time, energy and effort to capture the moments at our wedding. Please relay our thanks to your assistant. She was excellent. You are not only a great photographer, but you... Read More went beyond that by helping with wedding ideas before the wedding day. It was so helpful and thoughtful. You are continuing to be a great source of information and we appreciate your guidance. Warm Regards, Susan and Kevin Le Chateau

Great!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Tracey E

Deborah, I can not even begin to express how grateful I am that you were there to share and memorialize our special day! Your energy, patience, creativity were so incredible! I could not imagine sharing this day with anyone else! From beginning to end you were there with a... Read More warm heart and smile that brought such comfort and joy for all of us! We had so many people comment on your amazing energy! I was so excited to get your email today - and those pictures are magnificent! We hope that you had fun I know it was a bit crazy! You will forever hold a very special place in our hearts! Thank you for everything - we definitely want you to photograph ALL of our special life events from here on out! We can't wait to see the rest of the pictures - but please take your time - there is no rush! Thanks again for everything! So much love and gratitude! Love Always, Tracey & Steve

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Very professional and accommodating. A pleasure to have her with us. She moved with great skill as she photographed our guests.

my daughter's wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Deborah O'Brien was the photographer for my daughter's wedding. She put us at ease the moment we met her. Her attention to what is important to the bride and groom is just what made our decision to choose her. She did a magnificent job and we barely realized that she was... Read More shooting. She was fun to work with and she does amazing work! We are grateful that she was recommended to us. She is just the best!

Great photos

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Julie b

We are so happy to have chosen Deborah to photograph our wedding last May. We interviewed a handful of photographers but as soon as we meet Deborah we knew she was the one! Deborah was a lot of fun to work with and her helpful suggestions resulted in many unique and memorable... Read More wedding photos. Deborah is truly a professional and she brings much knowledge and creativity to her work. She made sure to capture every special moment of our wedding. Our wedding guests were impressed by her charming personality. We would highly recommend her and will definitely use her again.

Easy to work with....

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 DONNA N

Deborah did a fabulous job photographing our wedding. She is organized, experienced and flexible. I would recommend her without reservation.

Deborah was GREAT!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Colleen G

Deborah made our day so special! Her knowledge of photography made our pictures easy and fun to take. She was very non intrusive, but was there the whole time taking great pictures for us! I would recommend her to everyone!

Deborah

I have been living my passion as a creative artist, by documenting one of the most important days of your life, your wedding. Always interested in the visual arts, I received my BA in Fine Arts at Hampshire College with a major in oil painting, and then earned an MFA in Photography from Pratt Institute. I get such pleasure creating images that couples cherish, share and will pass along for generations.