Deborah K. O'Brien Photographer

Serving Western Connecticut

Memories of a Lifetime

Deborah has the skills and talents to give personal attention to your every desire. She will capture all of the best and most important elements of your special day: Energy, Grace, Beauty, Spirit, and Fun!

Ridgefield, CT
Serving Western Connecticut

AMAZING!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Amy B

Let me start of by saying my wedding was two days ago and after seeing only some of the pictures I had to write this review! Deborah is not only professional, kind and a pleasure to work with, her pictures exceeded my expectations. ..which is not easy to do! On your special day you will feel so amazing that days after you will want nothing more but to see pictures and relive that day! I can't tell you how many times friends of mine wished they didn't see their pictures because in their heads it was better...well for me I can say Deborah captured the best day of my life in the best way I could have hoped for. She took the most amazing pictures!!! I could actually send out the links because I am so proud of every photo! You will not be disappointed! This is a day you don't get back and when all is said and done you only have your photos so trust me when I say I will be using Deborah again for all of lives precious moments!

2014-09-22T22:59:48 Response from the vendor

Amy, thanks for the nice review and for calling me 2 days after your wedding when you saw the FB and Blog photos to tell me how thrilled you are! It was so nice to hear your enthusiasm directly from you, and I'm so glad... Read Less Read More

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Sara E

Deborah O'Brien was, by far, one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. She is wonderful! Throughout the whole process, she made us so comfortable and was always available for any help, advice, or answering questions. Constantly friendly and upbeat, she was a pleasure to work with. On wedding day, she was amazing. She is such a pro, having done this so many times, that she knew exactly what we needed to do, and was so helpful with keeping the day flowing. She also helped me, a stressed out bride, tremendously. And the photos are amazing!! She captured every moment! I received so many compliments on how our photographer was everywhere, but never in the way or intrusive in any way. We couldn't have asked for more. The hardest part has been choosing our favorites from so many amazing photos! I can't thank Deborah enough for preserving all of the special memories from our day. The actual day flies by, and all feels like such a dream. Having the photos to remember the day is so important. Deborah can capture those memories like no one else, and she makes everyone feel so comfortable at the same time. She's just the best, hands down!

2015-03-18T14:49:19 Response from the vendor

Sara, it is such a pleasure working with you and Brian, and I am thrilled that you and your friends and family love the photographs that I took at your wedding! It means so much to me that it means so much to you, that's... Read Less Read More

Great!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Tracey E

Deborah, I can not even begin to express how grateful I am that you were there to share and memorialize our special day! Your energy, patience, creativity were so incredible! I could not imagine sharing this day with anyone else! From beginning to end you were there with a warm heart and smile that brought such comfort and joy for all of us! We had so many people comment on your amazing energy! I was so excited to get your email today - and those pictures are magnificent! We hope that you had fun I know it was a bit crazy! You will forever hold a very special place in our hearts! Thank you for everything - we definitely want you to photograph ALL of our special life events from here on out! We can't wait to see the rest of the pictures - but please take your time - there is no rush! Thanks again for everything! So much love and gratitude! Love Always, Tracey & Steve

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Deborah did an awesome job with my wedding pictures! She got all of the pictures I wanted, and they were all quality photos fit for my album. When she sent me samples from the favorites I picked, she included some in black and white and some in different sizes. The website she uses made it really easy to go through 700+ photos. She sent 200 samples for me to pick my photo album pictures. I picked out 57 photos for my album, and I am getting 5x7 enlargements and 8x10 enlargements with the package I picked. She took some great candids too! I would highly recommend.

What a way to remember a special day!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Katherine B

We hired Deborah off of a recommendation list our wedding venue provided (Keeler Tavern). She was so warm and easy to deal with. She even recommended the minister that we used to ordain our marriage! We wanted our photographs to capture who we are as a couple and a family and she did just that. If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate to hire Deborah!

wedding pictures by Deborah

Reviewed on 12/22/2014

Deborah's pictures were fantastic. We had the hardest time narrowing down our choices as so many terrific. At the wedding, it seemed she was always around shooting pictures from one angle or another did not leave until quite late. Working with her has been a sheer pleasure. She has gone out of her way to make things easy for us, from start to finish. Could not be more pleased!

A Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Elena G

Deborah was recommended to my husband and me by the owner of a venue we toured—he stated that she was the only photographer he ever recommends. We met with her, looked at her photos, and booked her immediately. We also asked her to do our engagement photos which was a very helpful in knowing that she would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. She made everyone feel very comfortable. She got all of the photos that we wanted and made the whole experience and process relaxing and carefree. Deborah was very fun to work with and made everyone in our wedding party feel comfortable. We had a great time and are so, so happy with the way all of our photos turned out! Her pricing is very fair and she offers many different packages to choose from. She worked with us to make sure that we paid within our budget while getting everything that we wanted. The experience could not have been better!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

Dear Deborah, Thank you so much for providing us with such exceptional pictures. We appreciate all you time, energy and effort to capture the moments at our wedding. Please relay our thanks to your assistant. She was excellent. You are not only a great photographer, but you went beyond that by helping with wedding ideas before the wedding day. It was so helpful and thoughtful. You are continuing to be a great source of information and we appreciate your guidance. Warm Regards, Susan and Kevin Le Chateau

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Very professional and accommodating. A pleasure to have her with us. She moved with great skill as she photographed our guests.

my daughter's wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Deborah O'Brien was the photographer for my daughter's wedding. She put us at ease the moment we met her. Her attention to what is important to the bride and groom is just what made our decision to choose her. She did a magnificent job and we barely realized that she was shooting. She was fun to work with and she does amazing work! We are grateful that she was recommended to us. She is just the best!

Great photos

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Julie b

We are so happy to have chosen Deborah to photograph our wedding last May. We interviewed a handful of photographers but as soon as we meet Deborah we knew she was the one! Deborah was a lot of fun to work with and her helpful suggestions resulted in many unique and memorable wedding photos. Deborah is truly a professional and she brings much knowledge and creativity to her work. She made sure to capture every special moment of our wedding. Our wedding guests were impressed by her charming personality. We would highly recommend her and will definitely use her again.

Easy to work with....

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 DONNA N

Deborah did a fabulous job photographing our wedding. She is organized, experienced and flexible. I would recommend her without reservation.

Deborah was GREAT!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Colleen G

Deborah made our day so special! Her knowledge of photography made our pictures easy and fun to take. She was very non intrusive, but was there the whole time taking great pictures for us! I would recommend her to everyone!

Photographs were uniquely personal

Reviewed on 8/07/2014

Our wedding photos are truly amazing. We started working with Deborah five months prior to the wedding and had very detailed discussion of what we wanted. She did exactly what she said she would do and then some. We did not want the standard posed photos, exclusively. The candid shots in the chapel and other personal moments were beautifully captured and are my favorites. She is professional, timely, well prepared and the best photographer with whom we have worked. It was the best investment we made for the day.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Erin W

We love our wedding photos! Deborah took over 1200 at our wedding and they are beautiful. She made sure to find out exactly what we wanted and was always available. She posted a sampling immediately and the turnaround for the rest of them was fast. Highly recommended!

Deborah O'Brien

Reviewed on 7/03/2014

Deborah was amazing and her photos came out great. She was pleasant to work with and was patient with us. She took great candid's and everyone enjoyed her! The best photographer out there!

The Groom

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Last year my Wife and I had Debroah as our photographer. She was excellent! she was willing to work with us on price and length of time that we needed her. She brought an assistant with her so that she could be taking pictures of the Bride and Bridemaids getting ready while her assistant was with the groomsmen and I. They did not miss a moment thru our whole ceremony or reception. Yet, you would have never known they were there. She was not demanding about what pictures she wanted or making us go out of our way to get a shot. It was all about us and what we wanted. Debroah also surprised us with a 1st anniversary gift as well. It was nice to know that we weren't just another paying gig for her. I would highly recommend using Debroah O'Brien for your wedding.

Wonderful Photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 laura s

Deborah took care of the photography and she was wonderful! Not only were the pictures fantastic, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very responsive to requests and took the time to listen to what we wanted. She also asked for any special pictures ahead of time, so that she could take care of them without asking. We would enthusiastically recommend her!

amazing pictures

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Brie L

Our wedding pictures are amazing. We have so many to choose from to create our album. Deborah is amazing!!! Thank you so much for the amazing pictures.

Deborah is Terrific !!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Gail R

She was calming and reassuring for a nervous bride. She was so patient and pleasant with all the guests' "suggestions" for shots. She was wonderful to deal with. When setting up shots she was great; she did not order us around like you hear some wedding photographers do. She wanted to take the photos that we wanted her to take. She was careful to check with us before she left to be sure there wasn't anything else we wanted her to take before she left. The photos are beautiful. There are so many wonderful pictures, it was incredibly hard to narrow down the ones to order. Deborah is truly a pleasure to work with!

Deborah O'Brien

Reviewed on 9/07/2013

She was very good at getting people together. Good eye for opportunity shots. Very good for placement of scenery in the background. Hundreds of photos to choose from. She took multiples of every shot so there was opportunity to choose favorites.

Amazing Photographer!!-9/22/12

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Jennifer C

Our wedding was 9/22/12 in CT. Working with Deborah was truly a joy. With all the stress that a wedding day can bring she really made things easy. She was very professional and easy to work with. She knew exactly when to get the best shots during the ceremony and was very creative with angles and poses. We had given her groups of people and scenarios of pictures we wanted throughout the day, and she was able to capture all of them. We ended up with so many choices, and different colors of pictures to choose from. Deborah really met all of our needs and made our day extra special! Because of her we have so many pictures to cherish. Our only problem was picking our favorites because we loved them all. Deborah you were awesome, and thanks for such a memorable day!! xoxo

Laura and Fred wedding

Reviewed on 9/03/2013

I didn't know Deb until my fiancee introduced me to her. She was a wonderful addition to the wedding and made the evening flow so smoothly. She took phenomenal photos and we barely knew she was taking pictures. She has been so easy and helpful to work with during the entire process. Deb had wonderful suggestions for composition of photos and came up with very playful and memorable moments. We would highly recommend her.

Our 2nd time for Love after Loss

Reviewed on 8/19/2013

Deborah, was wonderful, took photos beautifully , never was intrusive, family so comfortable and friends as well,she captured our love and happiness, not planning on a 3rd wedding, but would use this wonderful photographer again!!!! She took all the photos I requesyed,Thanks Deborah!!!!!!

Laura and Fred wedding

Reviewed on 8/13/2013

I had heard about Deb's work from a number of friends. She is a pleasure to have at any function and captured some very special moments that I would have forgotten. She was unobtrusive and so easy to work with. My family commented several times that she was "just great". I highly recommend her.

TO Deborah K. O'Brien Photographer