Full Service Brooklyn Wedding Venue

Deity is a unique, full-service Brooklyn Wedding and Event Space that has recently marked its 10-year anniversary! All-inclusive Wedding packages offer use of venue for ceremonies, receptions, cocktail parties, seated dinners and dancing. An affordable, non-traditional Wedding and Private Event venue. Our stress-free, all in-house approach features catering with an executive chef, day-of coordination and event captain, a full bar with professional wait staff, DJ and optimized sound system, on-site furniture, linens as well as complimentary candle décor. Romantic, candle-lit 3 rooms of exposed brick with over 5,000 sq ft of space. Designed by local Brooklyn artists for a one-of-a-kind NYC experience.

Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

368 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY (718) 222-3692

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Laura Marie N

The only requirement I had for a successful wedding day was the presence of my best friend, my husband-to-be, my everything. Ricky and I continued to remind ourselves along the way of our planning experience that, as long as we had each other, everything else was a bonus. (This... Read More is also a motto we carry with us in life)This mentality kept everything light and fun and beautiful. If all our tangible needs for a wedding happened to disappear, nothing was going to stop us from sharing in a forever expression of love. Many family members and friends would ask if we were stressed or nervous or overwhelmed and I was able to answer assuredly that the only emotion we were feeling was excitement and gratitude. Our carefree attitude was also thanks in large part to choosing Deity as our venue. We were looking for a unique space to hold our friends and family that was also quintessentially Brooklyn. We made appointments at a few venues to weigh our options and cancelled every single one after seeing what Deity had to offer. Both Ricky and I choked back tears when we saw the second floor space for the ceremony as we could instantaneously see ourselves meeting there in its beautiful light. After we made our decision of where the how became even easier. Deity’s list of recommended and trusted vendors was our go to reference point. From start to finish Yulia at Deity made sure that everything was worry free and perfect. Literally, every hair on my head was in place because of her and her team. She worked behind the scenes to ensure that our wedding ran smoothly. When we arrived at the jaw-droppingly gorgeous bridal suite the night before we were greeted by Yulia and a drink of our choice. She was available by text at all times for any questions that we had during our day. She was always smiling, cool, calm and collected. Everyone was at ease knowing a master of her craft was at work. Even if something had gone awry, which it did not, I trusted Yulia to handle everything. Time seemed to stop that day. We were never rushed or hurried or even aware of a precise pacing at all. Yulia took care of timing so we could be present and in our most happiest moments. Lastly, DJ Trauma delivered exactly the right kind of music to keep everyone, young and old, on their feet and dancing the night away. When we met with him prior to our big day the one request was, music that makes everyone feel good, have fun and dancing irresistible. He knew exactly what to do to keep our energy upbeat. DJ Trauma transitioned nicely from our ceremony and cocktail band, the SIJ Trio, who filled the house with talent, class and delightful melodies. When I’m asked the question, “How did it go? What did you think of your wedding?” I respond by saying it was way more than anything I could have ever dreamed up. Love oozed out of my bones that day and every day since. I love being being able to call Ricky and little Mia my official family and my forever home. And I will live in gratitude of all the family and friends and vendors who came together to share with us in the most special time of our lives.

Reviewed on 2/20/2018 Nicole P

I cannot say enough good things about Deity-- the venue itself, the incredible staff, the overall experience we had there was absolutely top notch. If you are looking to get married/have your reception in NYC, I would (and do) recommend Deity above all other venues. My husband... Read More and I had a small wedding ceremony out of the country, and decided to hold our reception (approximately 140 people) at Deity, and we just feel so lucky to have found them. After planning our ceremony overseas, it was an absolute godsend to have Yulia and her staff at Deity take the lead in planning our reception in Brooklyn. I honestly don't know how we could have done it without them. A few months before our reception in November, we had a meeting at Deity with Yulia, and in one sitting she helped us create the entire order of events for the reception-- from our arrival at the venue, to the moment we would say our goodbyes to guests. Yulia and the owner, Caio, were even able to accommodate our very a-typical request to have a large family dinner in the upstairs dining room prior to the arrival of the rest of our guests for standing dinner on the main floor. We walked out of that meeting amazed at Yulia's efficiency and INCREDIBLY relieved to know that, save a few finishing touches, our reception was entirely ready to roll. The day of our reception proved to be a huge success, with the Deity staff on top of every last detail. The venue itself was a HUGE hit with our guests. Many asked how we found the spot, and inquired about booking Deity for their own upcoming weddings and special events. The venue is a gorgeous 4-level building, complete with a floor for dancing, a bar/standing dinner floor with banquets, a dining room/ceremony floor with lovely hanging lights and exposed brick, and an *exquisite* top floor apartment that's optional to rent out for the evening. Each floor provided its own special energy for our guests, so the party remained alive and exciting for everyone throughout the entire evening. Our reception included a pre-party sitdown family dinner, hors d’oeurves and standing dinner for all guests, a reading of my husband and my vows, a slideshow (on Deity’s two awesome projector screens on the bar floor), group photos, tons of dancing, and a small gathering of the wedding party for an after party upstairs. Throughout it all, Yulia and her staff were excellent at gently guiding our guests into the venue’s different spaces according to our evening’s itinerary. Last but not least, Diety’s resident DJ, Jamal (aka DJ Trauma), was AWESOME. I am *very* picky about music, and it was crucially important to me that our reception feature a great playlist comprised largely of 90s hip hop, Pop, and Motown, and Jamal absolutely killed it. Our guests were dancing ALL night, and even asked him for an encore after the last song. Jamal was so nice and easy to work with, and made our reception into the dance party of my dreams. From soup to nuts, our wedding reception at Deity was everything we could have hoped for and more. Many of our guests told us afterwards that ours was the best wedding they’d ever been to, and I really have to concur, and it was thanks in LARGE part to the amazing staff at Deity. Not sure what else to say except book your wedding there. You will not regret it. :)

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Patricia B

My new husband and I are still on cloud nine after our magical, wonderful, perfect wedding at Deity. Everything was amazing from start to finish. We rented the bridal suite on the top floor, and my bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law loved getting ready in the beautiful space... Read More and taking lots of amazing pictures in the suite and on the roof deck. The ceremony was absolutely lovely standing in front of the exposed brick and twinkly lights. Throughout the night, our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food and signature drinks. They loved the family style dinner and getting to taste all the delicious dishes. Glasses were never empty for long, and everyone had the best time. We are especially appreciative of the staff. Caio was great to work with from the time of our first appointment, easy to reach by email and thoughtful in answering all of our questions. Yulia took care of everything the day of, from making sure all our DIY touches were arranged perfectly around the venue, taking care of a sick guest, arranging for my husband and I to have some quiet moments to ourselves, and doing a million more things behind the scenes to make sure the day ran smoothly. Anna took great care of me as well, from helping to touch up my hair and dress when needed to making sure I always had a glass of champagne on the dance floor! DJ Jamal was so great – he really listened to what we wanted and created the dance party of our dreams! I would recommend Deity to any couple planning their wedding. We really couldn’t be happier – it was everything we could have wished for and more.

Reviewed on 4/21/2018 Nina B

When looking for a wedding venue, our top priorities were: 1.) A staff that will be both supportive to our wishes but assert their expertise where necessary 2.) Affordability 3.) Comfort...with the space, staff, and food. We got all three at Deity, plus so much more. The entire... Read More staff brought us along through the process with a ton of support and then night of, they executed everything perfectly. The best compliment any couple can receive about their wedding is when engaged friends inquire about having their wedding at your venue instead of theirs across the country--and they did! Couples: make sure you actually eat, because the food is really, really delicious. And James makes a killer cocktail! Thank you Deity, for an incredible wedding and a night we will never forget. There's not another venue in the country that I've been to for a wedding that I would recommend more than you! Love always, Nina and Will.

Reviewed on 4/17/2018 Pascal M

Ok so my husband and I were on a time crunch, a dual military couple and both working in law enforcement. Busy is barely enough to describe us. THE STAFF The staff at Deity is incredible. Caio, Haley and James were extremely warm, inviting and welcoming every time we... Read More communicated with them. Caio and Haley were sooo extremely responsive when I had a planning panic attack at any given time. The wedding package they have is a steal and kept my husband my family and my coordination of all these different services to a minimum. All we had to worry about was flowers and showing up. THE FOOD: The food provided was DELICIOUS! Not your typical beef, chicken or fish menu, which we loved. We’re still receiving compliments on the catering. We were given the option of having a cash bar or a drink tab at the end of the night which made everything so simple for us. Our guests had a good time. THE DECOR: The decor is awesome. There’s no tacky purple up lighting. If you’re looking for it, this isn’t the venue to get married because that would wash out the beauty of the event space. There isn’t really anything much to add to the decor. All we did was add rose petals down the aisle and my mom made some altar pieces. The staff was willing to oblige with any little details I wanted to add and let my family and I drop everything additional off beforehand. I can’t begin to explain how gorgeous the pictures from our ceremony and reception are. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! THE MUSIC We had DJ Trauma DJ at our event. He’s a great guy! Very amicable and easy to work with. There was never a dull moment with him as our DJ. He allowed people to request special songs and never got an attitude about anything. Thank you so much!! OVERALL: We’re still receiving compliments on our big day and Deity was a blessing to find for us from start to finish.

Reviewed on 4/05/2018 Gregory S

My wife and I recently had our wedding reception at Deity in February and I think the most appropriate way to start the review is with a quote from one of our guest - "best wedding ever!" Our wedding at Deity consisted of the reception only (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) for... Read More roughly 115 guests. Overall, an amazing wedding reception is based on a few key areas: Venue, Food, Staff, and Music... Venue The venue is split into 3 separate floors (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing), which at first my wife and I were concerned that this might separate our guests, however, we could not have been more wrong. The separate floors created a perfect flow for the evening and the staff was able to move the guests easily to the different floors at the appropriate times. The separate floors kept the guests entertained during each part of the reception. The venue was extremely clean, had bathrooms on each floor and was suitable for older guests as well (there was a chair lift going up from the cocktail hour space to the dinner space). Food The food was amazing! During cocktail hour we had stationed and passed d'oeuvre which was perfect for all the guests just arriving to the reception. Dinner was family style and all of the guests raved about everything served. Staff For my wife and I, the best part of our experience with Deity was most definitely the staff. Starting from the initial visit, planning and day of the wedding we could not have asked for more. For the top down - all of the staff made my wife and I feel very special and made sure our guests had an amazing time. A special thank you to James, who led the planning and coordination of our wedding from the start. Music After the cocktail hour and the dinner - DJ Jamal kept the party going all night long! The music was perfect and a great mix that made all of our guests get up and dance. DJ Jamal was also perfect in transitioning the party from the dinner, to the speeches, to the wedding party introductions, first dance, cake cutting and then the dancing. Overall, The Deity was an amazing experience and was a big part in making our wedding day so special.

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Simone T

Where do I even begin?? First off, huge huge HUGE thank you to Caio and his team at Deity. From the beginning of wedding planning until the very last second of the big day, they have assisted me in having a wedding that I could have never imagined, I would be able to have. Being... Read More a recent graduate, and newly enrolled graduate student, my budget was insanely low and I was more than worried that I wouldn't be able to afford a venue like Deity however, Caio was gracious enough to understand and accommodate my needs. Deity was the venue that captured my heart for many years (prior to getting engaged). so the obvious thing to do right after my second half proposed was to contact Deity. As cliche as it may sound, I knew Deity was the one for me. The first time I stepped into Deity for a walk-through, my heart was full, and I felt like I was going to burst into tears. From the exposed brick walls, to the romantic lighting, and finally the ELEGANT bar, it was a venue that I could truly picture my wedding in. With all the beauty that Deity had to offer, we saved so much on wedding decor. What made everything even more simple is that Deity provides candles for the ceremony, and reception. Fast forward to wedding day, everything was perfect. Despite rain, and me being sick, Caio and his team took care of my husband and I. During first looks, theres a moment that I will never forget. I was just so happy and in disbelief that my husband and I were going to see each other for the first time and I began crying, I could not pull myself together and that's when Caio immediately grabbed a tissue and wiped my tears away. As if he didn't do enough for me by accommodating my budget, he wiped my tears for me, and made sure I was calm enough to actually get through the first look. Moving on throughout the night, the team at Deity made sure my husband and I were well replenished, and having a good time. All in all, I would 1000% recommend Deity to any and all brides & grooms.

Reviewed on 3/08/2018 Lisa P

My husband and I hosted our son’s Bar Mitzvah at Deity this past January 2018. From start to finish, working with Deity was truly an exceptional experience making for an incredible evening. Caio and his team are beyond well-organized, detail oriented, receptive, warm and... Read More friendly, and extremely accommodating. Each of the three floors we utilized during the celebration provided a magical environment for our guests. The party had an amazing flow and energy throughout the entire evening. Caio and his staff were excellent at gently guiding our guests to each level according to our evening’s itinerary planned together in advance. The Deity staff was on top of every last detail and did a wonderful job of keeping us on schedule while also amending time lines as needed in response to our guests’ energy. Additionally, all of the food was excellent and far exceeded our expectations. A huge thanks to Caio and the entire Deity staff for making our evening so incredibly special and fun for us all!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Jess R

We got married at Deity in January 2018, and it was just perfect. From the very beginning Caio was super responsive (he was even responding to my emails on Christmas Eve) and detail oriented. He personally made sure that my 94-year-old grandma was able to get up to the ceremony... Read More on the 2nd floor without issue (there is a chair lift but no elevator). And throughout the night he also checked in with us multiple times to attend to anything we might want. Because Deity has 3 distinct floors each stage of the wedding has a unique feel. Our ceremony, which began right at sunset, was intimate and the lighting was stunning. Cocktail hour takes place in a beautiful lounge with stained glass and a lit up tree. Afterward it's back upstairs as the ceremony space is transitioned into a cozy and romantic setting for dinner. The food was delicious (especially the short rib and mac-n-cheese) and the family style service worked out perfectly. Finally, it was down to the cellar for an epic dance party! I really appreciated that the dancing and dinner were separated in this way; it gave us a chance to really enjoy dinner (and actually eat!) and then just totally let loose on the dance floor. Jamal, our DJ, was terrific, played all our requested songs and made sure that the dance floor was always packed. Afterward we heard from everyone how terrific the wedding was. If there were any problems during the night, we didn't know about it and Deity must have taken care of them quickly and quietly. For us bride and groom it was carefree. All in all it was a perfect evening!

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Stephanie W

Our wedding at Deity was perfect! Everything went smoothly and we couldn’t have had a better time! All of our guests have been telling us they had such a great time and how perfect the venue was--especially for a wedding on New Year’s Eve! We were fortunate to have met Caio... Read More when we saw the venue for the first time and he was very open and informative about the space. We absolutely loved the tree on the first floor and even though the venue was a bit small he explained it actually can accommodate over 100 people easily. We really loved the cozy vibe with the exposed brick and strung lights. You can easily miss this place if you are just walking down the street so it felt like a hidden speakeasy in the middle of Brooklyn. If you are looking for a different experience than your typical catering hall wedding then this is a cool option. When we arrived at Deity the day of the wedding, everything looked like we had pictured it and talked about with Yulia beforehand. Yulia anticipated all of our needs and was great to work with. She was able to schedule some moments alone for us during the wedding which was great and memorable since the day did go so fast and there were many people to see. We were slightly worried about all the transitions from room to room, but Yulia and the staff made it seem effortless. We were worried about getting some of the elderly people up and down the stairs but Yulia made it work and there is a chair lift. The food was delicious! Our guests were raving about the filet mignon and everything really was delicious. The only thing we really didn't like was the asparagus, which was rather thick and tough to eat. Other than that, we really enjoyed all the food, including the cocktail hour--the braised short rib sliders and grilled cheese bar were a real hit! We were also extremely happy with Jamal the DJ. He kept track of everything we asked him to take care of for us. He was very accommodating and receptive to everything and we greatly appreciated that. It was cool that the venue comes with the DJ and the chairs, linens, food and even basic decor for the tables. We didn’t want a long engagement and were trying to keep costs down so we appreciated not having to coordinate a bunch of vendors.

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Jeff F

Deity came highly recommended from a friend, and we really loved the venue. Haley was so easy to communicate with and shared all of the necessary information with us openly, and we really appreciated their transparent pricing. The space is truly unique, three different levels,... Read More each with its own purpose and feel. The cocktail lounge is absolutely beautiful and the ceremony/reception space is airy, open, and welcoming. While we ultimately decided on another location for our wedding, we left our venue tour of Deity saying "we could totally get married here." It's definitely worth considering: the location, the atmosphere, and the staff are simply great.

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 tasha h

We cannot thank Deity and the staff enough for everything. The night was amazing and the backdrop of Deity was the icing on the cake. Yulia is phenomenal and paid close attention to all the details even things I didn't know we needed or wanted. Job well done! Our guest raved... Read More about the drinks, the food and the ambiance. Everything was perfect! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Jesse C

Coming up on our 1 year anniversary, I can’t believe a year has passed without giving praise where it is long overdue. My husband and I were married on New Year’s Eve at Deity, and truly had the best day of our lives. We both wanted to celebrate our wedding in the NYC area, and... Read More came across Deity on more than one occasion during our venue search. We visited Deity for the first time toward the end of a long weekend venue tour. After just a few minutes of conversation and confirmation that New Year’s Eve was available, we knew Deity was the absolute best option. After we confirmed our date well in advance, we began meeting and communicating with Yulia about the details leading up to our big day. Neither of us went into the wedding planning with many specific requests, and Yulia made sure we thought about things that turned out to be incredibly important. She and Caio remained in constant communication during the time leading up to our big day. Our ceremony went off without a hitch, and Yulia made sure we were able to eat and enjoy our time for a few minutes before we were off to enjoy our guests. Dinner service was perfect, and everyone had more than enough to eat and drink. We chose to do a family style dinner, which was a huge hit with our guests. They all raved about the food from the appetizer selection to the dinner choices. We both have a few family members with specific dietary restrictions that were over the moon with their ability to have excellent choices as well! DJ Jamal started the night of dancing downstairs with all of our requests, and enough hits to please absolutely everyone. Since we married on New Year’s Eve, the entire Deity team did an exceptional job of making sure everyone was around and ready to ring in the New Year. Coming upon the year anniversary of our amazing day has resulted in an abundance of family and friends all reaching out to let us know they won’t be able to top the night Yulia, James, Jamal, Caio, and the rest of the Deity staff provided for us. I truly cannot recommend this venue enough, as they really have this event business down to an art. Thank you to the entire team at Deity for all that you do!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Dayna T

If we could, we'd rate more than 5 stars for the Deity! From the moment we first visited the venue, the staff could not have been more friendly, informative and accommodating, and after visiting a handful of other locations, we knew that the Deity was our top pick. Caio, James,... Read More Yulia and the whole Deity team are not only some of the nicest people you could meet, but they are extremely professional, and we had complete trust in them to make sure our day was perfect. We live abroad, which is a bit of added pressure when planning a wedding, but the team was very responsive and efficient in answering any questions we had, even down to the smallest details, so we knew we were in great hands. The team is also very honest about costs, and it was really refreshing to know that they have your best interest in mind when discussing budgets, never pressuring you to overspend. We booked the full space for our wedding, including the suite, and we had an amazing day, with wonderful pictures to keep the memories. Our guests had an wonderful time celebrating with us and were extremely complementary of the venue, the food and the service, so we could not have been happier with our choice. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again to the Deity for helping to make our wedding day so fun and memorable!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Nicole V

There are not enough words to express how perfect our wedding day was and so much of that is thanks to Deity and their amazing staff. We were married in January 2017. Caio, Yulia and James were all wonderful and made planning our wedding so easy. Everything was perfectly planned... Read More out and from beginning to end, they were with us every step of the way. The price is very reasonable, especially compared to other Brooklyn venues and definitely worth every penny. The venue itself is spectacular with beautiful lights and candles everywhere and in our opinion needed little or no extra decorations which not only saved money but much stress too. The food was delicious and very plentiful, so many of our guests still comment on how good it was. The staff made sure that me and my husband ate ahead of time before the reception, just he and I, which was a perfect touch. DJ Trauma was amazing and kept us dancing all night. Every last detail was thought of and every request was tended to. We really can’t thank everyone enough for making our reception even better than what we could have imagined. You definitely won’t be disappointed with this place. There is not one thing we would change!! The night of course flew by and we didn’t want it to end! Many thanks again to everyone at Deity!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Chris L

Deity completely exceeded my expectations. My husband and I got married on November 11th at Deity. From the time we signed the contract, it was an amazing experience. Working with the owner regarding vendors or parts of the wedding we were looking to incorporate was seamless.... Read More When it came time to work with the (INCLUDED) day of coordinator (Yulia) it only enhanced the experience. My husband and I made a lot of do it yourself things for the venue/for the guests and had lots of fun surprises and Yulia made all of then happen!!! The day of completely exceeded my expectations. Let Yulia and her team handle everything, you won't regret it. I still can't believe how incredible the night was, especially it being so stress free. I can't say enough nice things because it truly exceeded any expectation I had. Thank you guys for making our day truly the best day/nigjht of our lives!

2017-11-30T13:03:39 Response from the vendor

WOW! Thank you for the incredible review and compliments about our staff. I am very happy we were able to accomplish the stress free day you were looking for. Deity wishes you and your new husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Ann-Alisa T

11/17/17 My wedding at Deity was magical. The venue was beautiful and just unexplainably perfect. The wedding coordinator Yulia along with Anna did a fantastic job with coordinating or night and keeping everything in order. I had no worries and felt completely comfortable... Read More letting go and just live in the moment. Anna made me feel so beautiful always fixing my hair, veil, the grooms tie and my dress to make sure our presentation was nothing shy of perfect. We took pictures outside and Yulia waited across the street to make sure everything went well. The food was amazing and my family raved about it so Kuddos to the chef. I have never had such great customer service it was truly refreshing and I would recommend anyone to this venue for the royal treatment.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Diana W

Deity was awesome. They take care of food, drinks, music, venue, and day-of coordinator. If you want a no fuss, streamlined wedding planning process and day, go with Deity. It is budget friendly and very well decorated. The food was great, music is kind of unpredictable as they... Read More choose for you one of a few rotating DJs, but overall, the event was seamless and everyone had a lot of fun!

2017-10-05T12:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will make sure to share with our staff. I know they would feel so pleased that we made you feel so special on your big day! I hope we get the chance to host you again!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ajna K

Deity is a true gem. It is a perfect blend of urban class in the heart of Brooklyn. I was convinced that I would have to go out of the city to find an affordable yet elegant place to hold my wedding, but Deity offered the perfect setting in a super convenient location for our... Read More native NY/Brooklyn family and friends. Caio and his staff are extremely clear and professional and handle all the planning with ease. Every question I had was met with a straight forward response. At Deity I felt like I was able to get really smooth, easy, and high end service but without the pretentious and over the top feel that many wedding venues have. The location is super convenient near all subways and easy parking as well as hotels for visitors. I fell in love with the simple elegance of the decor. I found that I was really able to save money on the florist because the decor at Deity is already very beautiful as we only had to add a couple of touches but did not have to do alot of extravagant floral arrangements. Everyone said the food was awesome. As the nervous, excited bride, to be honest I barely remember the food, but our mothers are the harshest critics and had only good things to say. The DJ was super professional and easy to work with. One of the most important aspects though was the staff and how they run things. It is obvious that they have fine tuned every transition moment and they were able to walk us through step by step all the details so that nothing was left up to the unexpected. At the same time they are all relaxed, easy going people so the night flowed seamlessly even as Yulia and James were hard at work, they did it all with a smile so you couldn't tell all the behind the scenes coordination that was going on. Yulia was awesome as she catered to myself and my husband making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. And James the bartender was great at working the crowd and keeping all the guests happy during the cocktail hour. There is not one single negative thing I could say about Deity. I feel like it was really the perfect venue for us Myself, my husband, and all our guests had a fabulous time.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Genesis W

Our wedding at Deity two weeks ago was amazing. In fact, everything went so smoothly that it almost seems unreal. We wanted a venue that offered an intimate feel, had an interesting history, and has its own distinctive decor that works for a variety of themes/feels but also... Read More doesn't require excess decorating to make it look beautiful. Deity ticked all those boxes (and it's also a 15 minute walk from our home, which is a plus). From the beginning, Caio was very responsive, informative, and really helped us figure out our options (how often do you get to communicate directly with the owner?) without being overly burdensome about the business end of things. Yulia, our top-notch wedding coordinator, dotted every i, crossed every t, and made sure we never felt like we weren't being taken care of. Together they run a tight ship, and that's what you want on your day. We also rented the penthouse above the venue for our wedding prep/wedding night and it is incredibly beautiful (basically the size of an apartment) - I would live there if I could. Yulia and her staff made sure we had small bites and celebratory champagne after we returned from our photos with the wedding party, which went over very well with a group of well-dressed people who were cranky from taking group shots on the Promenade. I won't go too much into the ceremony/reception, but Yulia put us at ease during our rehearsal (we kept our ceremony short and sweet), and for cocktail hour and dinner the staff was efficient and made sure everyone got where they needed to go. But mostly importantly, they were warm and friendly to each other and to our guests (even with one guest who had a bit of a moment). You could tell that they love what they do, and that they put their all into running events there. Also have to mention the food: we were on an emotional high (which somehow takes away your hunger) and didn't get much of it (which I regret) but what we DID eat was excellent. Our guests loved the filet mignon and the five cheese macaroni, and the chicken fingers were clutch for a few of the children who were there. Yulia was also kind enough to snatch up some desserts and send them up to the bridal suite for late night snacks. The night ended on the lower level, where we danced to excellent music DJed by Jamal (who was also a great MC for our toasts) - earlier we had sent along some of our preferences, and he worked those in seamlessly with other songs that got everyone on the dance floor. Bottom line: we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to celebrate with family and friends at Deity, and we'd do it over again.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Julia F

Deity was FABULOUS to work with! Their staff was above and beyond accommodating, and did everything to make the evening gorgeous and perfect! The food and drinks were delicious. The venue is so charming and beautiful too! I could not recommend Deity more as a venue for a wedding... Read More or any event!

2017-08-03T08:59:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the awesome review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your special day. I will pass this message on to the entire Deity Staff, they will be so thrilled to hear that you felt your wedding was success. Best, Haley

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Monique L

Wouldn't know where to begin of how beautiful this venue is and how amazing the people are there. Ciao and Yulia were extremely helpful through out the whole experience . The FOOD is Delicious I was such an amazing beautiful experience. we had Dips served with Pita Bread to die... Read More for the Mini Kale Caesar Salad delicious Cuban Sandwich, boneless Chicken, Red Eye Gravy, Maple Butter amazing for the family style dinner we had the ribs and mac & cheese. loved it !!! The venue is Gorgeous in itself you really don't need to add any décor to it . Everyone exceeded out expectations it was an amazing experience in itself.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Joyce M

We hosted our wedding at Deity this May 2017 and have nothing but compliments for the staff, venue, and overall experience. We chose a Saturday afternoon wedding to make it convenient for our guests. The planning process was very smooth with Yulia and Caio guiding us along the... Read More way – from setting the schedule and selecting the menu to arranging the DJ call, Deity was really supportive throughout the planning process and gave us friendly and helpful advice. Here is what we liked the most about Deity (in no particular order). 1) Food was really great and plentiful - the everything crusted tuna, leg of lamb, mac and cheese, among other dishes, were delicious as mains, while the hor dourves were so tasty (lobster rolls, crab cakes, steak toasts, dips, grilled cheeses in particular). We all ate so much! My guests told me that they didn’t expect such great food at a wedding venue and it was a great community experience to have it served family style by table 2) Venue is beautiful and unique, while being very accessible to public transit – I loved the 3 floor design which separated the ceremony space, reception area, and dance floor. The venue lighting and decorations itself meant that we didn’t have to worry about flowers/additional decorations, which was very nice. The space itself is really memorable – not generic at all, as each floor has a completely different ‘feel’ which was really exciting to guests 3) Extremely supportive and professional staff – Everything went so smooth from arranging the ceremony entrances, keeping us on schedule for all the main events, and directing guest flow to helping one of my husband’s elderly guests manage the stairs and getting me a slice of cake that I wanted to eat (we had 10 different flavors). The staff was very friendly throughout and accommodating, and they had a sophisticated ear-piece communication system that helped coordinate any requests quickly. DJ Jamal also did a fantastic job in handling some of our quirkier music requests (IE: Chinese ‘oldies’ music from the 1970s for my parents). This meant that on the day, everything was completely handled for us so that we could just enjoy, relax, and savor the moment rather than worrying about details 4) Small touches to make the day so special – Throughout the day, Deity staff helped arrange some private moments between my husband and me which made my wedding even more special 5) Planning was extremely easy – Especially when I compared myself to friends who had to worry separately about coordinating many vendors (DJ, caterer, florist, wedding planner, fixture provider), Deity centralized all these critical components and made it very efficient. Especially when comparing to some of my friends, I think the amount of effort involved in planning was cut down by at least ~70-80%, which is great for busy people 6) Amazing value and great one price bundle - I really liked the one price bundle (fixed price inclusive of all service/tax – very transparent) and we got so much happiness and value from what we spent I really can’t think of many draw-backs. We had ~80 guests at our wedding – this space would do less well with a massive wedding I’d like to add that I don’t typically write reviews but felt compelled to since Deity is really deserving of all the praise that you’ve likely seen in other reviews. I honestly don’t know how my wedding could have turned out better and I now have so many wonderful memories

2017-07-17T16:04:25 Response from the vendor

From the bottom of our hearts thank you for this touching review. The entire staff feels great pride in what we do and are individually overjoyed with such compliments you have just given us. I hope you get a chance to be our guest again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Nadiuska M

Long overdue review, but surely I wouldn't miss giving super thumbs up to Caio and his team at Deity. We got married, ceremony and reception, in November 2016. Our evening was superb!! The place was exceptionally great, music, food, staff, bar! All our guests talk about how... Read More beautiful and great it was. We wish we were guests in our own wedding! Jamal was an excellent DJ, he incorporated what we wanted and understood our eclectic music taste. I'm Latina and my husband is Irish/Italian - American. :-) The Chef prepared food to perfection, this was the most important part for me. I didn't want the bad food typically done in huge catering hall "steak" or "chicken", Deity delivered gourmet plates to perfection. The chef has his own restaurant called "Pino Wine Bar" where he masters small plates and great drink selections. I knew we needed him to cater our wedding. Especial thanks to Yulia, Deity's event day manager, she was excellent! She made sure that the newlyweds were taken care of at all times. She placed the little touches of decor that made it our own, beautifully. Everything ran smoothly, she was the woman in charge! Overall, we thank you! Looking forward to using your venue in the future (smaller events).

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Ashley M

Thank you so much for an amazing wedding! Deity is a beautiful and versatile space, filled with people who actually care about your special event. Our day of planner Yulia was a complete joy to work with. Her attention to detail, timing and special requests were greatly... Read More appreciate. She did everything she could to make our day special. Yulia was everywhere we needed her to be and kept the day running smooth. My husband jonathan and I couldn't have asked for a better experience and are still getting calls and texts a week later about the food, the venue and the music. Their in house DJ Jamal really made our reception perfect as well. Thank you so much to Yulia, Jamal, Ciao and the entire crew at Deity. You gave us a very special wedding day for which we will never forget!! Ashley and Jonathan Mondesire