Della Terra Mountain Chateau

Estes Park, CO

Welcome to the romantic world of Della Terra

Welcome to the very romantic world of Della Terra. Nestled in the majestic grandeur of the Rocky Mountains, this extraordinary venue offers incomparable amenities and the perfect backdrop for every season. Join us for a uniquely exceptional wedding experience.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

3501 Fall River Road, Estes Park, CO

Hands Down, the Most Beautiful Wedding Venue in Estes Park!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Jenni J

Della Terra is the most beautiful, enchanting venue for weddings that you can imagine. On top of that, they are set up to have your wedding run as smoothly as possible, taking care of all of the logistics and coordination. You won't have to worry about a thing on your big... Read More day! We had an August wedding here, and it all went completely perfectly - not a single thing went wrong! You will not need a wedding planner to have your wedding here; you get to have a walk-thru a couple of months before your wedding, where you can go over everything with your coordinator at Della Terra. They know all of the details that need to be covered, and don't miss out on anything. The facilities are impeccable. Both the outdoor ceremony site, as well as the entire chateau are wonderful. We had an outdoor ceremony, and then the reception was inside of the chateau. There is plenty of space for your other vendors, ie DJ and caterer, to set up without disturbing guests. And the suites are amazing! Not a single detail is left out. The decor is beautiful, the rooms are clean, and they haven't forgotten a single amenity here. You can't go wrong with Della Terra! I would recommend this to anyone for a wedding venue, whether you live in Estes Park or out of state! Many thanks to everyone who made our wedding day perfect!

Breathtakingly Beautiful; Fairytale Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Robyn W

I found Della Terra when my (now husband) and I catered another wedding here. We were married here on 11.29.14. My coordinator was Anna. She was absolutely fabulous all along the way during the planning process. Della Terra does weddings every day of the week....they know what... Read More to do. We had our walk through a few months prior to our wedding, and laid out every detail of how the day would go. Anna helped deliver our vision to a T, and was so professional & helpful. All of the crew at Della Terra was very helpful. We had some bar requests, and Marty (the bar manager), went above and beyond to help deliver our requests. Our guests were totally WOW'd by the venue. (we even saw a herd of Big Horn Sheep on the grounds during photographs). My nephew has coined the trip the "best vacation ever," and he has been to some really fantastic places. The value of what you get by having your wedding here is incredible! Not only do you get to have your wedding in this beautiful, majestic mountain chateau, but you get an awesome coordinator for the day (and throughout the entire planning process). I feel so lucky to have chosen Della Terra for my wedding day. I cannot wait to return for anniversaries, or really any excuse that I can think of... for years to come! The suites are also a great value & very comparable in price to local hotels, but they are absolutely breathtaking, and anything BUT your average hotel. Thank you so much to Anna and ALL the crew at Della Terra Mountain Chateau. You all made our wedding everything we ever dreamed of!

Truly a dream venue

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Kim Q

As you can see, Della Terra is THE most beautiful venue in Colorado, trust me I looked at them all, and nothing came close. Nestled in the Rocky Mountain National Park, the views are amazing, from the mountains to the wildlife. And the best part is, no matter what location you... Read More decide to get married on the property (inside or out) you can see the majestic scenery. All of that you can tell from the pictures. What you can't see is how incredible the staff is. They take care of everything and my Aunt is actually an event planner and said she has never seen anybody so organized and thorough, which is exactly what you want to hear for your wedding day. From wedding rehearsal, to setting up for the ceremony and reception, to breakfast in bed the next day in the beautiful honeymoon suite, everything was perfectly planned and executed. The other great thing about this venue did how beautiful the inside is, everyone kept saying they felt like they were in Italy. It is gorgeous and doesn't take much as far as decorating which is great for the budget. I have been to several weddings since mine and nothing compares. The wedding night ran extremely smoothly and the pictures turned out amazing, all thanks to the Della Terra staff and the amazing venue they created. I would highly recommend this venue, its worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Morgan

Della Terra is magical. Anna was our wedding coordinator and she made our wedding so easy, and so perfect. It is a single wedding a day venue, meaning that they were flexible down to the last minute with our needs. The venue is glorious, and clearly designed with weddings in... Read More mind. They have flexible outdoor and indoor areas that you could use for your reception and ceremony, they have a salon and a theater for getting ready, and they have the perfect location for it all. Anna gave us all the tools we needs to accomplish everything; we found all of our vendors through them, they provided linens, and they have their own liquor license so they were our bar vendor as well. They were open to any questions I had or adjustments I wanted, and they were kind and attentive the entire way. They made planning a wedding easy, and they made the day of effortless. Anna made sure that everything was thought of and taken care of, and she took care of everything from our cake being sent to the right spot to making sure we were well hydrated throughout getting ready. I couldn't have asked for a better venue or a better team to work with. Every bride should have such a good experience, and they will with Della Terra.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kristin G

We would happily and enthusiastically recommend Della Terra to anyone willing to listen. We had an absolutely perfect experience from start to finish and I don’t think we could have dreamed a better wedding. To begin, the locale is absolutely stunning. Both the views and the... Read More chateau itself are beautiful. Each place for the various wedding events you will have (from getting ready to the reception) is well thought-out and perfectly designed. I would list every little detail that we loved about each of these places but it is better experienced in person and there is still so much more to compliment in the review. Just rest assured that they have thought of EVERYTHING and there is a way to accommodate almost anything you can imagine. Which brings me to the element that made this more than just a beautiful place and made it the site of our dream wedding – the people. Every staff member we encountered made us feel welcome and completely cared for. Everyone is smiling and happy and it is just a warm, wonderful place to be. Even though they do weddings very frequently they seemed genuinely excited for and invested in ours – it made us feel so special. All of this positive energy and caring was put into our big day and it showed. There wasn’t a single problem, issue, hiccup, or annoyance on the day of our wedding. They even worked around the weather! If you have any concerns over it raining on your outdoor wedding they will make it work if at all possible. Their weather/rain predictions were spot-on down to the minute so we hit the perfect sunny window in our afternoon ceremony. We would also like to send a special thank you to our coordinator Tess. She embodied the caring, professionalism, and happiness we just mentioned and really made our wedding special. Every detail was taken care of even before we even knew it could potentially, maybe be a problem. You will not need to hire a coordinator and even if you had to hire one I’m pretty sure Della Terra’s are the best around so there is nothing to worry about! Overall, it was a seamless and wonderful experience and it is backed up by the glowing reviews we have received from all of our guests. Please put Della Terra on your short list of venue choices - you will not be disappointed if you decide to have the best day of your life there.

Magical Mountain Venu

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Karli Jo W

If you are getting married in Colorado this is the place to get married at. Everything from the rooms, the Chateau, to the forest surrounding the venu is breath-taking. Della Terra has everything you need for your wedding: cabins on site for you bridal party, sauna, salon for... Read More getting ready, theatre room.. everything. It made our day so easy and amazing. Most of all, the staff is just lovely. They took care of us the entire day and we felt so loved and cared for. You can tell they love what they do and they are SOOO good at it. We loved getting married there and would do it 1000 times over. Amazing place and amazing people.

An Amazing Monday Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Joelle W

My now husband and I fell in love with Della Terra Mountain Chateau the moment we stepped inside! It's an extremely luxurious and peaceful venue in Estes Park, nestled away on the mountainside by the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Rare for their couples, we chose... Read More to get married at the local Catholic Church, but they have a beautiful outdoor wedding spot that we took advantage of for photos and a private letter reading. We also chose to have our wedding on a Monday; this way we could still have our dream venue and stay within our budget, as weekdays are much lower in cost there. We worked with Anna, who was amazing from the start. She really took the time to talk through our event with us at the walk-through, going above and beyond as we selected all of our details. Even when Anna could not answer our questions via email immediately, one of the other team members there was always quick to get back to us. The event ran so smoothly, and our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was! We cannot wait to go back to Della Terra in the future!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Lindsay B

BEAUTIFUL VENUE & PERFECT DAY!! THANK YOU Della Terra for everything you did leading up to our big day to make it so memorable! We knew we'd be in great hands when we decided to get married at Della Terra, but Tess (our wedding coordinator) and everyone at Della Terra went... Read More well beyond our greatest expectations! Tess even stitched up the back of my dress when the zipper malfunctioned- she's a lifesaver and so composed!! As the bride, I didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day and could just have a blast with our guests!! Our pictures are stunning and guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue is and how much they enjoyed vacationing in Estes Park and hiking at Rocky Mtn. National Park. We hope to visit again in the future for another wedding or a getaway!! Highly recommend to every bride (and groom)-to-be to get married here!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Tom M

Wow. I could sum it up with just that one word….but I guess I’ll go on. First, Tess did a fantastic job as the day-of coordinator. Neither my husband, nor I were stressed out about minor details. They handled the day-of issues with the cake, caterer, florist, shuttle, and... Read More any other minor things that came up. Taylor was also amazingly helpful the day off making sure everyone in the wedding party was comfortable and ready to go. She even found a lint roller hidden away for one of my groomsmen who had a little dog fur on his suit. Most importantly, this place is STUNNING! The backdrop for the ceremony is beautiful and doesn’t need much additional decoration to make it perfect for a lifetime of pictures. Della Terra is prepared for everything as well – for outdoor ceremonies they have blankets if it’s chilly, umbrellas if its sprinkling, and seat cushions for the guests. They also have golf carts if some of the attendees have trouble moving around. I couldn’t be happier with what we got at Della Terra. (I would recommend a cocktail hour after the ceremony, this gives you a little slush time to allow a short rain shower to blow over) Reception hall comfortably fit 159 guests and a very large band. They cleared out the head table for the dance floor, which made sure people were up and moving. In addition to the inside, there is a patio that allows guests to get outside for some fresh air and cooldown time. The rooms that Della Terra provides are fantastic and romantic…plus they leave you a little surprise on the wedding night for after the party. In addition, the rest of the staff was great. Driving guests to shuttles and making sure things ran smoothly.

Breath Taking

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Sarah V

When I saw pictures of Della Terra on the web after googling Colorado Mountain Weddings I knew I wanted to get married there. From our first meeting with the owner, we felt like we weren't just a number to them or dollar signs. They gave us such personal attention through... Read More the whole planning process and on our wedding day. They covered every imaginable detail and scenario, since we wanted an outdoor ceremony and Colorado weather can be very unpredictable. Everything went well, there were no problems at all. All our guest keep telling us how beautiful the place was. They truly made our day special.

Della is Breathtaking!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Megan H

Della Terra was simply amazing! They truly made our wedding and we are overjoyed that we picked them as our venue. All of our guests could not stop saying how beautiful it was! They walk you through every little detail and are always available to answer questions! They are... Read More wedding experts! Please go visit and you will also fall in love!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Emily A

Della Terra Mountain Chateau was the perfect venue for our wedding in the mountains. We wanted our guests coming from over 15 different states to truly experience the mountain and nature here in Colorado that we love, and they LOVED IT. Not only is the venue perfectly located... Read More right next to the Rocky Mountain National Park, the staff that works here is just amazing. We came to Della Terra a few times during our planning process, and can't wait to go back for another visit. The staff truly makes you feel like you're part of the family and it's like a home away from home. Tess helped us through the planning process and being the first of my group of friends and family to get married, I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me through all the details and planning. Most importantly, when it mattered most, Tess made sure everything the day of went smoothly and was stress free for the bride and groom. Although we didn't expect things to be perfect, I can honestly say and am thankful that our wedding day was truly perfect and this was largely due to this amazing venue, the staff and Tess. Thank you for making our day truly magical.

Della Terra! Best venue in CO!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Nikki R

Beautiful venue! The best staff to work with! Anna, Pam, and the rest of the gang were thoughtful and went out of their way to make our day special and memorable. We will be going back ASAP!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Liz B

We got married on May 5, 2015 at DTMC and I can't even put into words how amazing the staff and the venue was. We were blessed to have a 3 day event here and they made us feel like them most important people that have EVER stepped into this breath taking venue. Our family and... Read More friends were in absolute awe and there were a few we had to physically remove them from their suites, they wanted to stay forever! Anna was our coordinator and there are no words on how amazing she is. We will ABSOLUTELY be back for our anniversary every year :) THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Molly B

This venue exceeded our expectations!! Everything about our wedding day was perfect and it is all because of the wonderful job the people do here. I could not have asked for a better day. We got married in April and we were planning for an outdoor ceremony but it ended up... Read More snowing three feet of snow the day before and the day of so we had to get married inside. The inside is just as gorgeous as the outdoor ceremony site so there wasn't even any disappointment at all that we had to do it inside. All of the people working made it so great because I didn't have to worry about a single thing. They just told me what to do and everything went smoothly. The rooms were great the hot tubs were great, the cabins there are very nice as well. I could go on and on about all great things about this place!! I could never imagine getting married anywhere else!

Tess was the Best

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Jenn C

Della Terra's beauty speaks for itself and I think that is what we both loved about this place. We wanted something outdoorsy to fit our personalities but also something nice to celebrate this special occasion. It was set against the background of RMNP and it was just... Read More gorgeous. Our wedding was in March and we knew it was going to be hit or miss with the weather (it is Colorado, after all!)...but Tess, our coordinator, helped put all of our fears aside. We had a planning meeting, which planned everything down to the last detail. She truly was great and helped us think of things we didn't even knew needed attention. On the day of, Tess helped everything, and I mean everything, run smoothly. We were so pleased with Della Terra, Tess, and all the staff there. They were always courteous, caring, and professional. They also have a salon room onsite, which was really nice for all of us girls to get ready in. (You have to hire your own hair and makeup, which is fine) Then the boys got to get ready downstairs in the theatre room with nice comfy chairs and even got to relax and watch a movie. I don't know what else to say, but just check them out and see for yourself. I was so impressed!

Wedding 3/19/15

Reviewed on 3/26/2015

I do not know where to begin to brag about the wonderful experience with Della Terra. When I first toured the venue, I knew this was the venue I wanted for my wedding. It was absolutely stunning. The mountain views and outdoor ceremony place were perfect for the wedding I had... Read More envisioned. Not only did Anna, the wedding coordinator, make my experience smooth and easy, but she went above and beyond to make sure my day was stress-free. She had every detail planned out for my day; from the song choices to the catering, she certainly had all details covered. She even took the time to help bustle my dress! They cater to all your needs for your special day, and I have never felt so at ease! My day went perfectly thanks to the team at Della Terra! If I had to choose a venue all over again, I would definitely not think twice! I highly recommend Della Terra, not only for their stunning venue, but their wonderful wedding team as well!

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Kelsey D

Our winter wedding at Della Terra in Estes Park was truly breath-taking. The venue itself is, in every way, a chateau in the middle of the wildlife and the beautiful trees. We had our wedding in late December, near the Christmas holiday. Try to imagine an even more beautiful... Read More place with little white lights, and Christmas trees everywhere. The ceremony room was incredibly romantic, and in a matter of minutes, they turned it into the reception room where we danced, celebrated and enjoyed the company of family and friends. The honeymoon room was the nicest room I’ve ever been in, complete with a hot tub, a balcony, a fountain and a fireplace. Everyone who worked with us was kind, professional and more than accommodating. Tess helped us with every little detail and I felt completely calm, organized and prepared because I knew I could count on her expertise. The team at Della Terra helped in every way possible from start to finish. I could not have been more thrilled with our experience, and I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to enjoy the beauty of the mountains on their wedding day. Thank you to everyone at Della Terra.

Amazing venue and staff

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Samantha S

We fell instantly in love with Della Terra because of the location and the beauty of the chateau. We loved the ceremony site with the large rock in the background, and the long walkway from the chateau to the ceremony site. The suites are absolutely gorgeous and so luxurious... Read More with the linens, the bathtubs, the walk-through showers, the wall waterfall and your private balcony with a 2 person hot tub. The staff though is truly what makes Della Terra such an amazing venue! Tess was our designated coordinator, and we couldn’t have been happier! She is so organized, thorough, calm, and so easy to get along with. The feeling of “family” is really what makes it work. Every single person working there really enjoys what they do and it shows! From the cleaning staff, to the bartenders, to the owners, they all are happy and are there to make sure that you are happy. It’s kind of pricey, but I would chose them again in a heartbeat! Totally worth every penny spent!

Perfect Mountain Venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Heather P

We fell in love with the Della the second we drove up the windy hill and saw the romantic chateau nestled into the Rocky Mountains. We loved that it was built specifically for weddings so the attention to detail was excellent. Our coordinator, Anna, was absolutely amazing. She... Read More talked us through all of the details during our walk-through, and then made sure everything was perfect on the day of. Our wedding day was romantic, stress-free, and more than we ever dreamed of. Our guests also raved at how beautiful it is. Highly recommend! :D

Outstanding Ambiance and Service

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Elaine O

NOTE: Price includes venue cost and liquor for a hosted bar. Della Terra made the day beautiful and as effortless as possible. Tess, our coordinator, was professional, gracious and totally reliable. The bar staff were friendly and professional. The whole crew went the... Read More "extra mile". The bride was loosing a false eyelash! No problem, they acquired a new set for her during the reception. Catastrophe averted! :-) The staff made every effort to make the day perfect, smooth, and worry free. You know they are doing an outstanding job when even the mother-of-the-bride enjoys herself! I would definitely recommend Della Terra. It may cost a little more, but it is definitely worth it!

Spectacular Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Gina G

I got married in July at the Della Terra Mountain Chateau and it was absolutely phenomenal. The views are spectacular and our out of town guests were truly able to experience the Rocky Mountains. We even had some wild life crash our wedding. A buck walked onto the aisle just... Read More before I walked down with my parents. The timing could not have been better! The ceremony site is so beautiful and everyone loved our cocktail hour, which was outside on the patio. Tess did an incredible job coordinating the event. Overall, we were thrilled with Della Terra and we would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a "mountain wedding" in Colorado.

Magical Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Taryn D

Della Terra was nothing short of amazing. The wedding team at this gorgeous Mountain Chateau made getting married such a miraculous and magical experience. Not only is the venue itself remarkable but the staff is knowledgeable and experienced. I would recommend Della Terra to... Read More any one and everyone who wants to have a perfectly magical wedding.

Best Venue in Colorado

Reviewed on 7/26/2014 Laura B

Thank you to Della Terra for everything - they truly made this the most special day of our lives, there is not one single detail that was missed or overlooked and the team at Della Terra is largely responsible for that. Anna, our coordinator, we were grateful for all of her... Read More hard work and incredible attitude.

STUNNING but hidden costs

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Melanie S

We got married here on May 30th, 2014. Pros: Beautiful and clean!!! Great Breakfast The whole place is yours Great "getting ready" areas for both groups Awesome accommodations Well taken care of grounds and building Cons: Pricey and I question what it was we really... Read More paid for...what was included in the vendor fee?? nickel and dime you for have to pay for all your own vendors, you have to do bar through them that includes extra fees, you have to pay extra for use of flatware/tableware and you have to have someone set up ALL you things as they only put out tables/chairs some staff including our "coordinator" were rude and seemed bothered when asked questions Overall I wouldn't have changed my location but a heads up to future brides of Della Terra is to not get caught up in the moment of finding this beautiful place and to ask all questions right up front before committing to this location at a certain price....there are a lot of hidden fees and extras and they don't explain very well. They also don't explain what their role is in your wedding process except for being the place to have the party.

2014-07-13T16:40:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We loved your wedding and appreciate that you are sharing your beautiful pictures with us and others. We certainly apologize if we had any shortcomings from your expectations. We make every effort to cherish our weddings... Read Less Read More