The True Art of Photojournalism

P.O. Box 10204, Honolulu, HI

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Diane Z

Hiring Derek Wong is #3 of the best decisions we made for our wedding (#1 was the Reception venue and #2 was the Ceremony venue). It's very important to us that we would have the best photography for our wedding. I am so thankful that in spite of all his prestige, it was actually easy to "hang out" with Derek. For our engagement shoot, I was relieved that my fiance found him to be down to earth and helpful. It is interesting how someone can tell you to angle your body this way or lean on your right or left hip and yet it still looks natural in the photos. We were very comfortable with him that we were able to be "in the moment" and just "show our love" to each other. Having our pictures taken for hours can be really tiring but Derek helped us get through it. He was never bossy, not even to our guests. We loved our engagement photos and we are patiently waiting for our wedding photos. Maybe I will cry when I see them!

Professionalism & Personality

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Stephanie M

Derek was great to work with. He is very calm and mellow which transfers over to us and our wedding party. We also used him for our engagement photos and loved him. We haven't gotten our wedding photos back yet but we can't wait to see them. We have no doubt the pictures will be great and he didn't miss any of the details!

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 12/07/2012 Allyson O

Derek is a wonderful photographer. He is so easy to work with and truly knows how to take the most beautiful natural shots. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I am so happy I chose him as my photographer. Very experienced and professional.

Excellent Photographers!!

Reviewed on 1/27/2012 Brooke W

I loved working with Derek Wong and his wife Bonnie. They're so professional and very easy to get along with. Derek Wong is really great at capturing "in the moment" photos and has a very sophisticated and artistic style to his photos. The fact that even people from the mainland want to hire him is a big give away of his talents because he lives here in Hawaii.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/06/2011 annie v

Derek and Bonnie were fantastic photographers - very patient, detail oriented and friendly! They made me, my friends and family feel comfortable throughout the day. i cannot wait to see how everything turns out!

TO Derek Wong Photography