Derk's Works

Columbus, The Far Corners of Ohio, All of the USA, & More!

Derk's Works Photography

Committed to bringing you the best in artistic wedding photography; we shoot in an editorial, photojournalistic, true-to-who-you-are-as-an-individual, simply romantic, laugh-out-loud, crazy-beautiful, and down right honest style. We hope you'll let us show you how much we love this job.

Engagement

Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

824 S Remington Rd, Columbus, OH Columbus, The Far Corners of Ohio, All of the USA, & More! (614) 887-7502

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jen E

There are so many incredible things that I could say about Benjamin and the entire Derk's Works team! From our first initial contact, Benjamin was always incredibly professional, honest, and fun to be around. When I first met with Benjamin, I told him everything that I wanted... Read More with my wedding photography-- artistry, a focus on architecture, and a different feel than your typical portrait photography. I never had any doubts that Benjamin would give us just that. We had a telephone meeting with him prior to the wedding (and he did our engagement photos, which I also SO recommend), and he made sure he knew exactly what we wanted him on that day. The day of, Benjamin made my job of being a bride so easy. He took photos of my dress, the rings, etc. without me even knowing. He made everything absolutely seamless! And the actual photos?! I can't even tell you how incredible they came out! We love the photos so much, and I could not be more thankful that we chose Derk's Works. Everything was truly perfection. We got so many compliments on how fun Benjamin was, how professional he was, and how incredible his work is. After they saw our photos, so many people HAD to know who our photographer was. I have nothing bad to say at all. I would recommend Benjamin and his team a thousand times over!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kristian A

I can't say enough nice things about Derk'sWorks - easily this is one of the best decisions made during our wedding planning process, and I made about 1000. My husband and I had a big fusion wedding weekend. We wanted a photo team that would capture each little tradition... Read More perfectly while still shooting the "big picture". I thought Ben told a great story through his work. I love his documentary-style approach and the eye he has for unique, artistic opportunities. I will hire him again for future life moments, and I will recommend him any chance I can! Thanks Derks!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Mindy D

My husband used to really love photography, so when it came time to find a photographer for our wedding it was very difficult. Every time I showed him a portfolio he would point out things like overuse of a particular lens, unbalanced photos, strange points of focus, etc. When... Read More we got to Benjamin he said "he knows what he's doing." Benjamin ABSOLUTELY knows what he is doing. He came to a wedding full of sour faced hipsters, stoic midwesterners, and a bride and groom who make funny faces but I have over 800 beautiful pictures of my friends and family. He kept things flowing, balancing time for candids and staged photos. He also did our engagement photos, which was the first set of photos where my husband is smiling since his high school portrait over a decade ago. For that alone, Benjamin has my mother-in-law's eternal praise.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Ashley T

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY. I cannot say enough great things about Derk's Works. I had to change my engagement session last minute because I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Benjamin and Jennifer were accommodating and worked with us with no questions asked. They invited us into... Read More their studio to talk about our ideas and I felt comfortable giving Benjamin full creative freedom at our wedding. I just got back our wedding photos and they are original and beautiful. I don't know how I will pick which ones to hang in my home. We also did the photobooth which was fun for everyone at the reception and we got some more great photos. Jennifer helped people pose to make every photo cute. The kids at the reception loved it too!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Adam R

Other than saying "YES" to my wife the day of our wedding, the best decision I / we made was having Benjamin Derkin photograph our big, big day. When perusing the collection of the final photo selections, I was absolutely blown away at all of the little (and big) details... Read More captured by Benjamin. No stone went unturned and every photo was a reflection of my wife's hard work, our guest's enjoyment, our friends, our family, the little nuances special to us...the candid moments that can't be captured again. Not to mention, we paid to have our small ceremony / reception at Jeffrey Mansion in Bexley...a beautiful, stunning setting on a nice day. He did a magical job at bringing the setting to life in the photos...something we greatly, greatly appreciated. But I've talked enough...LOOK AT THE PHOTOS. His work clearly speaks for itself. Not to mention, f you or a guest struggle to tie a bow-tie the day of your wedding, he's there for you...

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Meg Y

Benjamin and his crew were great! Ben is super down to earth and made my husband and I feel at ease on our wedding day. This helped us to get some wonderful "in the moment" candid shots that I will treasure forever. Ben also handled the obligatory family shots like a pro and... Read More came up with some fun, inventive poses for the bridal party shots. From the planning process to the day of I felt like all the details were taken care of by DW. Derks Works also took care of our videography and I would highly recommend them for this as well. Our trailer video makes us look like celebrities and the entire editing is done very well and with a wonderful flow. I barely noticed the camera was there on my wedding day. I would highly recommend DW if you're looking for some gorgeous photos and video and a very personable and accommodating crew.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Heather B

Hands down, Derk's Works was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. We had the pleasure of working with four members of the Derk's Works team for photography, a photo booth and videography, and not one of them felt like vendors whatsoever. Each of them truly felt like... Read More friends we had invited to share in our special day. From the moment they arrived, they wanted to help, whether it was to fix my bustle, get me water, fix a bridesmaid's hair, track the time, ANYTHING. Our guests even commented about how much fun they had with the photographers and how excited they were to see the unique moments the team captured. We had previews of our photos within days of our wedding. The photo booth photos were completed within 48 hours, and they were INCREDIBLE. Many of our friends and family members have already downloaded those images to use for social media profiles and even to print and have in their homes. We can't say enough good things about Derk's Works. Thank you all from the bottom of our happy hearts for capturing our most precious memories.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Sophie C

As soon as we bought a home, we knew exactly who to contact for professional family photos! Jennifer and Ben were so flexible with unexpected changes to our schedules and gave us two options for family sessions.We ended up choosing the mini-family (30 minutes/40 photos). Not... Read More only did Ben shoot for more than 30 minutes, but we got double the photos! I knew Ben from working in the wedding industry and knew my boyfriend would love his personality and work. Within minutes Ben was showing me how to pose with Alex! HA! It was such a fun and relaxing session. At the end Jennifer came with their two kids! They are the sweetest family and work so in sync with one another. Their work is amazing and their family is even more incredible. Without a doubt we would recommend them for family, engagement or wedding photos (or even to just have lunch with :) )!! We can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Amy V

Benjamin is an incredible photographer. Not only that, but when we could not find a photographer in Pittsburgh we liked, he came all the way from Columbus to shoot our wedding!!! My brother used Benjamin for his wedding and we were in love with his photographs. We were so... Read More excited that he agreed to come to Pittsburgh when we reached out to him. Not only does he have an amazing eye, but what stands out the most is his great personality. He is so easy going and great with kids. We are so thankful that Benjamin took time away from his own family to capture our family's most important moments thus far. We got our photographs back quickly and even this morning we went through the photo books to admire them. Photography was everything to us (it's the only thing you keep), and we couldn't be happier with the photos and cannot thank Benjamin enough. You cannot go wrong hiring him!!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Rylie M

We had the best experience with Benjamin and Jennifer. The pictures turned out amazing but more importantly Benjamin made the whole experience enjoyable. He went above and beyond all of our expectations. He really captured the mood and emotions of the day. I can't say enough... Read More nice things about Benjamin and the crew at Derks works!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Katie M

I can't begin to tell you how pleased we were with Derk's Works. We hired them for both photography and videography. They were incredibly organized and attentive during the planning process, and the crew could not have been more knowledgeable, friendly, and personable the day... Read More of. They honestly began to feel just like a few more of our friends we had invited to the wedding. My husband and I both felt so comfortable with them, and they allowed us to be ourselves and capture who we really are as a couple. We just received our photos and video, and we couldn't be happier with the results. Beautiful, thoughtful, and totally us. We are so thankful to them for capturing our day so perfectly.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Alexandra C

Working with Benjamin was definitely one of the highlights of our wedding day. Thanks to him, it was more than just a photo shoot...it was an experience. He made us feel so comfortable exploring our feelings and expressing ourselves. He gave us just enough guidance so that we... Read More could get the pictures we envisioned, but then he let us take it from there. We didn't feel like we were posing for pictures -- we felt like we were living a moment (and Benjamin just happened to be there, capturing our natural expressions and making awesome pictures). He really captured *us* and the way we were feeling that day, and these pictures will be something we'll cherish for so many years to come. Plus, Benjamin is totally the type of guy you want hanging out with you on your wedding day - we had a blast with him. Going with Derk's Works was one of the best wedding decisions we made. Three thumbs up!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jim B

Ben was our photographer at our wedding. He did a great job. He is very good at what he does and is super personable. We can not wait to see our final pictures. the sample preview of our wedding they sent us looks great!I would recommend Ben to anyone looking for a great... Read More photographer.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tara S

I loved working with Ben and Jennifer; they are an awesome team and our photos are gorgeous! We put a lot of time and effort into planning our wedding and I really appreciated that Ben wanted to capture us in the moment and not stage a bunch of photos. I also love how Ben and... Read More Jennifer have taken the time to craft an image and aesthetic for Derk's Works; their books are amazing and completely different than anything I've seen from any other photographer. Ben is also a super fun person to hang out with; my family made so many comments on how funny and personable he was. I went way over budget on photography and I have no regrets because Ben helped the whole day run smoothly and captured beautiful memories!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Megan M

Amazing! We used them for our engagement photos and are all set to use them for our wedding as well. Benjamin and Jennifer are both delightful to work with and of course their work is absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on our photos we cannot to see the... Read More wedding ones. Ben was especially patient as he let our dog, Teddy, tag along in photos as well. 100% recommend!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Madison B

We so enjoyed working with Benjamin. He fit into our big day flawlessly and with ease. He was always professional while also being able to interact with my family and I. He documented our day well, and we could not be more thrilled. If you spend a lot of money on one thing for... Read More your wedding, it should be Benjamin Derkin!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Stephanie B

Benjamin and Jennifer were awesome from the start. Easy to work with and uber organized. They had great advice when it came to little details and timeline for the day. I was nervous about not being photogenic and Benjamin assured me that he wasn't there to take photos of the day... Read More but to capture the moments and tell our story. That's exactly what he did! I can't say enough about how amazing Benj was the day of the wedding. He was a one man show. Cheerleader, bow tie tiers and of course an amazing photographer. The emotion he captures in each picture is breathtaking. As the night went on the dance party got intense and Be Jamie fit in perfectly. Dresses ad up in costumes just like the rest of us having the time of a life. I can't wait to see the final results!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

Ben was the best photographer! We had a destination wedding in Colorado and he met with us beforehand to talk through details so we were comfortable with the timeline. We wanted outdoor pictures at Red Rocks in January and he was willing and excited to help make that wish come... Read More true. The day of the wedding, he was so calm and made everyone feel relaxed, which you can see in the pictures! Everyone has raved about our pictures and how professional and calm Ben was. I would highly recommend Derk's Works!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Allison W

One of the best decisions we made was hiring Benjamin of Derk's Works to photograph our wedding. He took the time to get to know us and to make sure our style was represented in our prints. He made me feel so comfortable the day of and I was amazed when looking through our shots... Read More because he captured so much yet he never was in the way of the moment. We were beyond happy with the results. I'll cherish our wedding pics for a long time to come. The day goes by so fast; thanks Benjamin for capturing it in a way that allows us to relive it!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Abbey P

Derk's Works was easily one of the best wedding decisions my husband and I made. Derk's Works photographed our 9/26/15 wedding. Benjamin and Jennifer were so friendly and easy to work with. They did both our engagement and wedding photos, we LOVE both. Our family and friends... Read More absolutely loved Benjamin on our wedding day. Benjamin did a WONDERFUL job capturing the true dynamics of our relationship. Every picture a friend or family member saw, they wanted to know "WHO TOOK THIS, IT'S PERFECT?!" Benjamin was such a calming presence on our wedding day. He is extremely organized and talented. Jennifer was always extremely quick getting back to us and was just as kind as her husband. We added on Derk's Works Photo Booth the week before our wedding, and we LOVED that too. It's not your typical Photo Booth, which is what I liked best about it. All of our guests were able to download photos of themselves the Monday following the wedding. If you are considering Derk's Works, its a no brainer. DO IT!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Best wedding decision ever! Very easy to work with and did amazing work.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Kelly M

Picking out our photographer was a big deal for us. We decided in the beginning that you won't remember/see every detail from your wedding and what better way to have those memories forever than to have the photos. Looked at many photographers but no ones pictures piqued our... Read More interest like Derks Works. Once we met with him, we knew he would be awesome. We also did our engagement photos with Ben and we had so much fun. On the day of the wedding he drove all over Columbus for us, as our venues were pretty spread out. What I loved the most about him what that we didn't have a set amount of time, and that was huge for us. We didn't want to miss anything from the getting ready to the last dance, and he was there the whole time. I had a number of friends, parents and relatives comment after the wedding about awesome he was, even helping people take selfies. Then we got our wedding albums back and we were blown away. The amount of photos he took and how amazing they were made us want to get married again. It shows not only how much fun we were having but our guest too. I had a number of friends look at our wedding photos and comment about how they were jealous of our photos and wish they would have gone our route. When picking a photographer, remember you are paying for what you get and these are things you want to last forever.

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Leah S

Ben is by far one of the most talented individuals that we have had the pleasure of working with. His eye for detail and his creativity is beyond anything that one can imagine. He has such a fun easygoing personality, which makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. From... Read More the very first meeting we knew that he was going to be the the person that we wanted to share our special day with. We are so happy we got to get to know Ben and his family, and we would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Whitney H

The Derk's Works team is absolutely phenomenal to work with! They not only captured stunning and unique photos, but were so much fun during the wedding weekend. Benjamin is a true professional with such a creative eye. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and eliminates... Read More any sort of awkwardness or shyness in front of the camera. From the the planning process, to the engagement photo session to the wedding, the Derk's Works team was amazing. I would highly recommend Benjamin and Anna for any wedding or event.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 LACHANDA M

Benjamin is extremely talented. He definitely has an artistic eye and the pictures he took I will treasures forever. He capured nothing but amazingly special and beautiful memories of our entire wedding day! He made us feel so comfortable and at times, I forgot he was even there... Read More taking photos. He was so professional and calm. He made us all laugh and feel relaxed and I truly appreciated that as a bride. We already have the three beautiful polaroids that he gave us at our wedding framed and hanging up in our house. We have received so many compliments on all our photos. You would be very lucky to have him as your photographer!