Derk's Works Photography

Committed to bringing you the best in artistic wedding photography; we shoot in an editorial, photojournalistic, true-to-who-you-are-as-an-individual, simply romantic, laugh-out-loud, crazy-beautiful, and down right honest style. We hope you'll let us show you how much we love this job.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

824 S Remington Rd, Columbus, OH

Derk's Works Is Magic

Reviewed on 9/19/2013

Hiring Derk's Works to do our wedding photography was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Working with Benjamin was a breeze, and something I looked forward to during the hectic planning process. He is so kind and funny, and was such a positive presence to be around on the wedding day that he actually made the day even better. I knew I would love the pictures, but I had no idea just how perfectly he had captured everything until I saw the album! The photographs are classic and modern and artistic and MAGICAL. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with Derk's Works and Ben.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/17/2013 Anne J

Derk's Works and Benjamin were amazing. My husband and I were looking for a photographer who would be able to capture our personalities and our love for each other and our families and friends. We didn't want awkward, structured and posed photos that didn't represent us. We met with Benjamin and were immediately sold. He made us feel like we were already friends. He made our engagement session and wedding so fun and relaxed and the pictures that resulted were amazing. I have received endless compliments on our beautiful wedding photos. He captured everything we wanted perfectly, from the standard photos with family to the candid group shots of the wedding party laughing and having a great time. Everyone looks amazing in every photo. It was definitely the best decision we made during the entire planning process. I HIGHLY recommend Derk's Works!!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 1/06/2013 Jess K

Benjamin is awesome! After meeting Benjamin at a friend's wedding, we knew he was the photographer for us. Not only are his photographs breathtaking, but his personality and professionalism top it off to make Derk's Works-hands down- the best choice for a wedding photographer. Several guests commented to us about how great he was to them. To us, he gave us an amazing experience. With all of the craziness on our wedding day, he took us aside and gave us twenty minutes to just enjoy each other, which was one of our favorite parts of the day. You won't be disappointed. It was the best decision we made regarding our wedding.

So talented and personable--hire him!

Reviewed on 2/21/2015 Lauren P

Choosing to work with derk's works was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. Benjamin and Jennifer are true professionals who managed to exceed our expectations at every turn. Benjamin perfectly captured our wedding day and we are so thrilled to be able to relive our special day through his work. The books are absolutely beautiful and we love to flip through them. derk's works was awesome to work with throughout the entire process. They communicated promptly and professionally at every opportunity. They made sure to really get to know us so that they could capture our true selves in their work. On our wedding day Benjamin was incredible, he not only beautifully captured every moment, but he was also extremely helpful to everyone by being a knowledgable resource about everything there is to know about wedding day prep and formal attire. He taught all of the groomsmen how to properly tie their bowties, and he helped to place the bride's headpiece and veil. We also opted to have a photobooth at our reception. Our booth was run by Jennifer and it was an absolute blast. Our guests loved dressing up in the props that derk's works provided and taking fun pictures. Towards the end of the night, most people were decked out in sunglasses and boas from the photobooth. The pictures were so fun to look through. They were available online within a couple days of our wedding for the guests to download. We absolutely recommend that you hire derk's works to document your special day. We are so happy with every aspect of our relationship with them.

LOVE Derk's Works work

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Nicolle P

I found Derk's Works online. I immediately fell in love with Ben's photos and how he seemed to capture some real moments. Ben was professional in every encounter. The day of the wedding Ben was like another friend making us all feel comfortable. The quality of the work is well worth the money. Looking at them brings back the emotions of that day. We will cherish these pictures forever.

HIRE HIM - Best photographer, hands down

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Holly O

HIRE HIM. That says it all. Benjamin is the most amazing and personable photographer I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I was soooo picky when it came to my wedding and interviewed close to 10 different photographers. I wanted the pictures to look beautiful, natural, and most importantly, not overly-posed. Besides the pictures looking perfect, Benjamin is a genuinely nice person. It's been over a month since my wedding and I still have family and friends coming up to me saying how impressed they were with our photographer. Having him be apart of my wedding was the best decision I could have made.

The Best Photographer Ever!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Andrea S

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Benjamin for our wedding this summer. I can't say enough about how wonderful and talented he is. He is so nice, funny, and professional. He was able to blend right into the day and with my family and guests. He made us all feel so comfortable. When we got the photos back I was blown away! His ability to capture the details and moments in such a beautiful way is just outstanding. It was the happiest day of my life so far and thanks to Benjamin at Derks Works I can relive the day through his pictures forever. My husband and I will never use another photographer other than Benjamin for our special moments in life. I highly, highly recommend Derks Works to anyone!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Laura H

Ben Derkin is a fabulous photographer and person! He exceeded all of my expectations and made sure each member of the wedding party was comfortable. He is absolutely amazing at capturing images, as well as caring for his customers. I am very much looking forward to seeing my wedding pictures in a few weeks! I would highly recommend Derk's Works for any and all of your photography needs!

Best Photographer in Columbus!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Cammy S

I'm convinced Derk's Works is the best- gorgeous product, very personable (my wedding party loved Benjamin), and did exactly what they promised. I would recommend them to anyone!

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Amy P

Benjamin was awesome. The whole process was easy start to finish. He was super flexible and did a lot of on the fly adjustments the day of the wedding and kept everything running smoothly and helped keep me calm! The photos were beautiful- a lot of unique shots that really embodied the soul of the day.

Benjamin is the bomb!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Jennifer C

I just had my wedding recently and haven't even seen proofs yet, but am 100% confident they will turn out AMAZING. Benjamin is very friendly and easy to work with and he's just a cool guy. For candids you didn't know he was there and he did an amazing job directing us, family and friends for posed pictures. I think he may be a rare combination - he clearly is an artist with a trained eye for composition, lighting, etc. but also seems to truly enjoy shooting weddings. He is on the pricier side, but worth every penny. I can't wait to see the final product!

Imaege Love

Reviewed on 7/13/2012 Francesca D

We viewed Ben's blog before we booked with him and knew he did good stuff, but he really exceeded our expectations!! I'm pretty sure he smiled our entire wedding =). Our bridal party and family loved him. Nothing about the day was rushed or stressful- it all felt so natural. Each picture is personal and in the moment. It's clear that he has passion for what he does by looking at his transcending work-- it's just more fun when you get to see yourself in the photos! Our pictures are magical and we recieve compliments every day about them. We wholeheartedly recommend Derks Works! PS- His assistant, who shot our photobooth, was just as awesome!

Super Cool Guy, Awazing Photos

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Bethany C

We had SO MUCH FUN with Benjamin both during the planning stages and on our wedding day. He was never in the way, but was always capturing the important moments and candids, and constantly coming up with unique and creative ideas. He has an incredible eye for a cool photo, and is definitely a very talented and artistic photographer. To top it off, he's just so darn cool, I wish we could hang out with him every weekend! We would hire Derks Works again in a heartbeat :)

TO Derk's Works