Derk's Works

Columbus, The Far Corners of Ohio, All of the USA, & More!

Engagement

Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

824 S Remington Rd, Columbus, OH
Columbus, The Far Corners of Ohio, All of the USA, & More!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jen E

There are so many incredible things that I could say about Benjamin and the entire Derk's Works team! From our first initial contact, Benjamin was always incredibly professional, honest, and fun to be around. When I first met with Benjamin, I told him everything that I wanted... Read More with my wedding photography-- artistry, a focus on architecture, and a different feel than your typical portrait photography. I never had any doubts that Benjamin would give us just that. We had a telephone meeting with him prior to the wedding (and he did our engagement photos, which I also SO recommend), and he made sure he knew exactly what we wanted him on that day. The day of, Benjamin made my job of being a bride so easy. He took photos of my dress, the rings, etc. without me even knowing. He made everything absolutely seamless! And the actual photos?! I can't even tell you how incredible they came out! We love the photos so much, and I could not be more thankful that we chose Derk's Works. Everything was truly perfection. We got so many compliments on how fun Benjamin was, how professional he was, and how incredible his work is. After they saw our photos, so many people HAD to know who our photographer was. I have nothing bad to say at all. I would recommend Benjamin and his team a thousand times over!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kristian A

I can't say enough nice things about Derk'sWorks - easily this is one of the best decisions made during our wedding planning process, and I made about 1000. My husband and I had a big fusion wedding weekend. We wanted a photo team that would capture each little tradition... Read More perfectly while still shooting the "big picture". I thought Ben told a great story through his work. I love his documentary-style approach and the eye he has for unique, artistic opportunities. I will hire him again for future life moments, and I will recommend him any chance I can! Thanks Derks!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Mindy D

My husband used to really love photography, so when it came time to find a photographer for our wedding it was very difficult. Every time I showed him a portfolio he would point out things like overuse of a particular lens, unbalanced photos, strange points of focus, etc. When... Read More we got to Benjamin he said "he knows what he's doing." Benjamin ABSOLUTELY knows what he is doing. He came to a wedding full of sour faced hipsters, stoic midwesterners, and a bride and groom who make funny faces but I have over 800 beautiful pictures of my friends and family. He kept things flowing, balancing time for candids and staged photos. He also did our engagement photos, which was the first set of photos where my husband is smiling since his high school portrait over a decade ago. For that alone, Benjamin has my mother-in-law's eternal praise.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Katie M

I can't begin to tell you how pleased we were with Derk's Works. We hired them for both photography and videography. They were incredibly organized and attentive during the planning process, and the crew could not have been more knowledgeable, friendly, and personable the day... Read More of. They honestly began to feel just like a few more of our friends we had invited to the wedding. My husband and I both felt so comfortable with them, and they allowed us to be ourselves and capture who we really are as a couple. We just received our photos and video, and we couldn't be happier with the results. Beautiful, thoughtful, and totally us. We are so thankful to them for capturing our day so perfectly.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Alexandra C

Working with Benjamin was definitely one of the highlights of our wedding day. Thanks to him, it was more than just a photo shoot...it was an experience. He made us feel so comfortable exploring our feelings and expressing ourselves. He gave us just enough guidance so that we... Read More could get the pictures we envisioned, but then he let us take it from there. We didn't feel like we were posing for pictures -- we felt like we were living a moment (and Benjamin just happened to be there, capturing our natural expressions and making awesome pictures). He really captured *us* and the way we were feeling that day, and these pictures will be something we'll cherish for so many years to come. Plus, Benjamin is totally the type of guy you want hanging out with you on your wedding day - we had a blast with him. Going with Derk's Works was one of the best wedding decisions we made. Three thumbs up!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jim B

Ben was our photographer at our wedding. He did a great job. He is very good at what he does and is super personable. We can not wait to see our final pictures. the sample preview of our wedding they sent us looks great!I would recommend Ben to anyone looking for a great... Read More photographer.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tara S

I loved working with Ben and Jennifer; they are an awesome team and our photos are gorgeous! We put a lot of time and effort into planning our wedding and I really appreciated that Ben wanted to capture us in the moment and not stage a bunch of photos. I also love how Ben and... Read More Jennifer have taken the time to craft an image and aesthetic for Derk's Works; their books are amazing and completely different than anything I've seen from any other photographer. Ben is also a super fun person to hang out with; my family made so many comments on how funny and personable he was. I went way over budget on photography and I have no regrets because Ben helped the whole day run smoothly and captured beautiful memories!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Megan M

Amazing! We used them for our engagement photos and are all set to use them for our wedding as well. Benjamin and Jennifer are both delightful to work with and of course their work is absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on our photos we cannot to see the... Read More wedding ones. Ben was especially patient as he let our dog, Teddy, tag along in photos as well. 100% recommend!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Madison B

We so enjoyed working with Benjamin. He fit into our big day flawlessly and with ease. He was always professional while also being able to interact with my family and I. He documented our day well, and we could not be more thrilled. If you spend a lot of money on one thing for... Read More your wedding, it should be Benjamin Derkin!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Stephanie B

Benjamin and Jennifer were awesome from the start. Easy to work with and uber organized. They had great advice when it came to little details and timeline for the day. I was nervous about not being photogenic and Benjamin assured me that he wasn't there to take photos of the day... Read More but to capture the moments and tell our story. That's exactly what he did! I can't say enough about how amazing Benj was the day of the wedding. He was a one man show. Cheerleader, bow tie tiers and of course an amazing photographer. The emotion he captures in each picture is breathtaking. As the night went on the dance party got intense and Be Jamie fit in perfectly. Dresses ad up in costumes just like the rest of us having the time of a life. I can't wait to see the final results!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

Ben was the best photographer! We had a destination wedding in Colorado and he met with us beforehand to talk through details so we were comfortable with the timeline. We wanted outdoor pictures at Red Rocks in January and he was willing and excited to help make that wish come... Read More true. The day of the wedding, he was so calm and made everyone feel relaxed, which you can see in the pictures! Everyone has raved about our pictures and how professional and calm Ben was. I would highly recommend Derk's Works!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Allison W

One of the best decisions we made was hiring Benjamin of Derk's Works to photograph our wedding. He took the time to get to know us and to make sure our style was represented in our prints. He made me feel so comfortable the day of and I was amazed when looking through our shots... Read More because he captured so much yet he never was in the way of the moment. We were beyond happy with the results. I'll cherish our wedding pics for a long time to come. The day goes by so fast; thanks Benjamin for capturing it in a way that allows us to relive it!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Abbey P

Derk's Works was easily one of the best wedding decisions my husband and I made. Derk's Works photographed our 9/26/15 wedding. Benjamin and Jennifer were so friendly and easy to work with. They did both our engagement and wedding photos, we LOVE both. Our family and friends... Read More absolutely loved Benjamin on our wedding day. Benjamin did a WONDERFUL job capturing the true dynamics of our relationship. Every picture a friend or family member saw, they wanted to know "WHO TOOK THIS, IT'S PERFECT?!" Benjamin was such a calming presence on our wedding day. He is extremely organized and talented. Jennifer was always extremely quick getting back to us and was just as kind as her husband. We added on Derk's Works Photo Booth the week before our wedding, and we LOVED that too. It's not your typical Photo Booth, which is what I liked best about it. All of our guests were able to download photos of themselves the Monday following the wedding. If you are considering Derk's Works, its a no brainer. DO IT!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Best wedding decision ever! Very easy to work with and did amazing work.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Kelly M

Picking out our photographer was a big deal for us. We decided in the beginning that you won't remember/see every detail from your wedding and what better way to have those memories forever than to have the photos. Looked at many photographers but no ones pictures piqued our... Read More interest like Derks Works. Once we met with him, we knew he would be awesome. We also did our engagement photos with Ben and we had so much fun. On the day of the wedding he drove all over Columbus for us, as our venues were pretty spread out. What I loved the most about him what that we didn't have a set amount of time, and that was huge for us. We didn't want to miss anything from the getting ready to the last dance, and he was there the whole time. I had a number of friends, parents and relatives comment after the wedding about awesome he was, even helping people take selfies. Then we got our wedding albums back and we were blown away. The amount of photos he took and how amazing they were made us want to get married again. It shows not only how much fun we were having but our guest too. I had a number of friends look at our wedding photos and comment about how they were jealous of our photos and wish they would have gone our route. When picking a photographer, remember you are paying for what you get and these are things you want to last forever.

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Leah S

Ben is by far one of the most talented individuals that we have had the pleasure of working with. His eye for detail and his creativity is beyond anything that one can imagine. He has such a fun easygoing personality, which makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. From... Read More the very first meeting we knew that he was going to be the the person that we wanted to share our special day with. We are so happy we got to get to know Ben and his family, and we would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Whitney H

The Derk's Works team is absolutely phenomenal to work with! They not only captured stunning and unique photos, but were so much fun during the wedding weekend. Benjamin is a true professional with such a creative eye. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and eliminates... Read More any sort of awkwardness or shyness in front of the camera. From the the planning process, to the engagement photo session to the wedding, the Derk's Works team was amazing. I would highly recommend Benjamin and Anna for any wedding or event.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 LACHANDA M

Benjamin is extremely talented. He definitely has an artistic eye and the pictures he took I will treasures forever. He capured nothing but amazingly special and beautiful memories of our entire wedding day! He made us feel so comfortable and at times, I forgot he was even there... Read More taking photos. He was so professional and calm. He made us all laugh and feel relaxed and I truly appreciated that as a bride. We already have the three beautiful polaroids that he gave us at our wedding framed and hanging up in our house. We have received so many compliments on all our photos. You would be very lucky to have him as your photographer!

So talented and personable--hire him!

Reviewed on 2/21/2015 Lauren P

Choosing to work with derk's works was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding. Benjamin and Jennifer are true professionals who managed to exceed our expectations at every turn. Benjamin perfectly captured our wedding day and we are so thrilled to be able... Read More to relive our special day through his work. The books are absolutely beautiful and we love to flip through them. derk's works was awesome to work with throughout the entire process. They communicated promptly and professionally at every opportunity. They made sure to really get to know us so that they could capture our true selves in their work. On our wedding day Benjamin was incredible, he not only beautifully captured every moment, but he was also extremely helpful to everyone by being a knowledgable resource about everything there is to know about wedding day prep and formal attire. He taught all of the groomsmen how to properly tie their bowties, and he helped to place the bride's headpiece and veil. We also opted to have a photobooth at our reception. Our booth was run by Jennifer and it was an absolute blast. Our guests loved dressing up in the props that derk's works provided and taking fun pictures. Towards the end of the night, most people were decked out in sunglasses and boas from the photobooth. The pictures were so fun to look through. They were available online within a couple days of our wedding for the guests to download. We absolutely recommend that you hire derk's works to document your special day. We are so happy with every aspect of our relationship with them.

LOVE Derk's Works work

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Nicolle P

I found Derk's Works online. I immediately fell in love with Ben's photos and how he seemed to capture some real moments. Ben was professional in every encounter. The day of the wedding Ben was like another friend making us all feel comfortable. The quality of the work is well... Read More worth the money. Looking at them brings back the emotions of that day. We will cherish these pictures forever.

HIRE HIM - Best photographer, hands down

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Holly O

HIRE HIM. That says it all. Benjamin is the most amazing and personable photographer I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I was soooo picky when it came to my wedding and interviewed close to 10 different photographers. I wanted the pictures to look beautiful, natural,... Read More and most importantly, not overly-posed. Besides the pictures looking perfect, Benjamin is a genuinely nice person. It's been over a month since my wedding and I still have family and friends coming up to me saying how impressed they were with our photographer. Having him be apart of my wedding was the best decision I could have made.

The Best Photographer Ever!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Andrea S

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Benjamin for our wedding this summer. I can't say enough about how wonderful and talented he is. He is so nice, funny, and professional. He was able to blend right into the day and with my family and guests. He made us all... Read More feel so comfortable. When we got the photos back I was blown away! His ability to capture the details and moments in such a beautiful way is just outstanding. It was the happiest day of my life so far and thanks to Benjamin at Derks Works I can relive the day through his pictures forever. My husband and I will never use another photographer other than Benjamin for our special moments in life. I highly, highly recommend Derks Works to anyone!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Laura H

Ben Derkin is a fabulous photographer and person! He exceeded all of my expectations and made sure each member of the wedding party was comfortable. He is absolutely amazing at capturing images, as well as caring for his customers. I am very much looking forward to seeing my... Read More wedding pictures in a few weeks! I would highly recommend Derk's Works for any and all of your photography needs!

Best Photographer in Columbus!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Cammy S

I'm convinced Derk's Works is the best- gorgeous product, very personable (my wedding party loved Benjamin), and did exactly what they promised. I would recommend them to anyone!

Derk's Works Is Magic

Reviewed on 9/19/2013

Hiring Derk's Works to do our wedding photography was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Working with Benjamin was a breeze, and something I looked forward to during the hectic planning process. He is so kind and funny, and was such a positive presence to be around on... Read More the wedding day that he actually made the day even better. I knew I would love the pictures, but I had no idea just how perfectly he had captured everything until I saw the album! The photographs are classic and modern and artistic and MAGICAL. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with Derk's Works and Ben.

Start a Conversation!