Derk's Works

Columbus, The Far Corners of Ohio, All of the USA, & More!

Derk's Works Photography

Committed to bringing you the best in artistic wedding photography; we shoot in an editorial, photojournalistic, true-to-who-you-are-as-an-individual, simply romantic, laugh-out-loud, crazy-beautiful, and down right honest style. We hope you'll let us show you how much we love this job.

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Columbus, The Far Corners of Ohio, All of the USA, & More! (614) 887-7502
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jen E

There are so many incredible things that I could say about Benjamin and the entire Derk's Works team! From our first initial contact, Benjamin was always incredibly professional, honest, and fun to be around. When I first met with Benjamin, I told him everything that I wanted... Read More with my wedding photography-- artistry, a focus on architecture, and a different feel than your typical portrait photography. I never had any doubts that Benjamin would give us just that. We had a telephone meeting with him prior to the wedding (and he did our engagement photos, which I also SO recommend), and he made sure he knew exactly what we wanted him on that day. The day of, Benjamin made my job of being a bride so easy. He took photos of my dress, the rings, etc. without me even knowing. He made everything absolutely seamless! And the actual photos?! I can't even tell you how incredible they came out! We love the photos so much, and I could not be more thankful that we chose Derk's Works. Everything was truly perfection. We got so many compliments on how fun Benjamin was, how professional he was, and how incredible his work is. After they saw our photos, so many people HAD to know who our photographer was. I have nothing bad to say at all. I would recommend Benjamin and his team a thousand times over!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kristian A

I can't say enough nice things about Derk'sWorks - easily this is one of the best decisions made during our wedding planning process, and I made about 1000. My husband and I had a big fusion wedding weekend. We wanted a photo team that would capture each little tradition... Read More perfectly while still shooting the "big picture". I thought Ben told a great story through his work. I love his documentary-style approach and the eye he has for unique, artistic opportunities. I will hire him again for future life moments, and I will recommend him any chance I can! Thanks Derks!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Mindy D

My husband used to really love photography, so when it came time to find a photographer for our wedding it was very difficult. Every time I showed him a portfolio he would point out things like overuse of a particular lens, unbalanced photos, strange points of focus, etc. When... Read More we got to Benjamin he said "he knows what he's doing." Benjamin ABSOLUTELY knows what he is doing. He came to a wedding full of sour faced hipsters, stoic midwesterners, and a bride and groom who make funny faces but I have over 800 beautiful pictures of my friends and family. He kept things flowing, balancing time for candids and staged photos. He also did our engagement photos, which was the first set of photos where my husband is smiling since his high school portrait over a decade ago. For that alone, Benjamin has my mother-in-law's eternal praise.

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Adriane B

If you are in need of a wedding photographer, do yourself a favor and go with Derk’s Works. I cannot recommend them enough. The photography for our wedding was one of the most important elements and we wanted to make sure it was perfect. After meeting with Ben it wasn’t even... Read More a question as to whether or not we were going to hire him. He is very experienced and our wedding pictures are better than I could have ever imagined. We were looking for something a little less traditional and a littler more creative and he definitely delivered. He was also a HUGE help on the day of and I don’t know if we would’ve made it through the day without his direction. We didn’t have a wedding planner or coordinator, but Ben made sure we stayed on schedule. He was a blast to hang out with for the day and I can’t say enough about him or his work!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Brittney W

I don't even know where to begin. I am so thankful my sister introduced me to Derk's Works! As an amateur photographer myself, I was extremely picky about what I wanted in a wedding photographer. After our initial meeting with Benjamin, I knew we HAD to have him shoot our... Read More wedding. He truly has has a gift for capturing raw, genuine emotion. His eye for light and creative genius create beautiful, unique images that tell your story. Our engagement photos turned out amazing. Benjamin helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera and tied each image to a song lyric, quote or game which makes the images that much more meaningful. We cannot wait to have Benjamin and Jennifer shoot our wedding! We booked the whole package: photography, videography and photobooth. If you're debating whether you should have a photobooth, DO IT. It's worth every penny. Derk's Works photobooth is manned by a live photographer which makes it a fun, interactive activity for the wedding. The quality of the photobooth pictures are unmatched and it's so nice that guests can download them on their phones a few days after the wedding! People thought my sister's Photo Booth pictures were her wedding photos. I really can't say enough great things about Derk's Works. A top notch family-run business.

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Caitlyn S

5/5 I wouldn't go with anyone else! Ben was so fun and professional. He snapped so many beautiful photos we will have for a lifetime. He was on-time, so professional, did a great job shooting my venue (the statehouse). I would recommend him and use him 1000x over. Thanks... Read More Ben!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Katie A

I’m not sure that one review could accurately represent how thankful I am to Ben and Jennifer at Derk’s Works for the most incredible job they did capturing our special day. The images are so unbelievably beautiful that even my camera shy husband looks like he’s enjoying... Read More himself! On top of that this husband-and-wife duo are so warm and friendly and were a pleasure to have at the wedding! I would also recommend Derk’s Works for their videography, something that was extremely important to us! We have some amazing memories to look back on for many years and I would recommend them to anyone! Great value for money, great creative vision and great people, what more can you ask for?!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Meghan R

Where do I️ begin! I️ was easily sold on Derk’s Works because they have their dog listed as an employee and he has his own bio. Being a veterinarian and animal lover this was a no brainer! So that was the start of our relationship. I️ reached out and expressed interest and... Read More Benjamin and his wife immediately replied. Being in Kansas and planning a wedding in Ohio wasn’t easy but Benjamin worked over the phone with us and via email. My hubby and I️ really wanted engagement photos with our zoo of dogs and cats. Benjamin made the journey to Kansas and ventured with us to a few places and even in our backyard with our dogs to get some very beautiful captures of us and our little furry family. Benjamin was so much fun and he really went above and beyond to get to know us and make us feel so very comfortable. I️ was so excited after our engagement photos to know he’d be back with us on our wedding day to capture our special moments. He did just that. Just from the preview photos, I know he captured every moment and we can’t wait to see the images and relive our wedding day through the photos and video. Benjamin and his team are the type of folks you want to capture your special day. They are totally invested in their work and couples; we experienced that first hand! Thank you Benjamin and team for everything! I️ look forward to Jarrod and I️ having you capture some more special moments in our journey together.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Adrienne C

A friend recommended me to Derk's Works, as they had used them in the past and were also close friends with the owners. When my mom looked through their website, she knew we had to have Benjamin to capture the celebration of my wedding. I had no idea what to expect when it... Read More came to having a photographer around just photographing all the moments of the day. Benjamin was great - he helped coach my camera-shyness/awkwardness throughout the day, he was anywhere and everywhere...but never in the way, he even helped the groomsmen affix their boutonnieres. Though we might have been feeling awkward at times trying to make our expressions look natural for different shots, Benjamin urged us to not worry about the cameras or anyone around us, but to live in our moment together. I don't know how many people came up to us after the wedding and still today continue to speak so highly of Benjamin during the wedding - his energy and work was noticed by all. I cannot wait to see the rest of the perfect pictures!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Haley C

I cannot say enough about Ben and his team!!! With us being in Cleveland, and him based out of Columbus, he made everything so easy to coordinate. He was truly a dream to work with and that doesn't even begin to describe his work. Our photos are like nothing I could have ever... Read More imagined, he truly made every vision a reality! He is a true artist- thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Maureen S

Photos to us were one of the most important part of our wedding day and Derk's Work captured it beautifully. I could not have imagined working with a better team on our special day. Not only were all of our photos perfect the team is also amazing and fun to work with! The... Read More photobook albums we got are something we will cherish forever. Derk's did our engagement pictures and wedding and they are perfect. Not to mentioned everyone absolutely loved the photbooth. Will have this team do family pictures in the future for sure!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Ashley T

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY. I cannot say enough great things about Derk's Works. I had to change my engagement session last minute because I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Benjamin and Jennifer were accommodating and worked with us with no questions asked. They invited us into... Read More their studio to talk about our ideas and I felt comfortable giving Benjamin full creative freedom at our wedding. I just got back our wedding photos and they are original and beautiful. I don't know how I will pick which ones to hang in my home. We also did the photobooth which was fun for everyone at the reception and we got some more great photos. Jennifer helped people pose to make every photo cute. The kids at the reception loved it too!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Adam R

Other than saying "YES" to my wife the day of our wedding, the best decision I / we made was having Benjamin Derkin photograph our big, big day. When perusing the collection of the final photo selections, I was absolutely blown away at all of the little (and big) details... Read More captured by Benjamin. No stone went unturned and every photo was a reflection of my wife's hard work, our guest's enjoyment, our friends, our family, the little nuances special to us...the candid moments that can't be captured again. Not to mention, we paid to have our small ceremony / reception at Jeffrey Mansion in Bexley...a beautiful, stunning setting on a nice day. He did a magical job at bringing the setting to life in the photos...something we greatly, greatly appreciated. But I've talked enough...LOOK AT THE PHOTOS. His work clearly speaks for itself. Not to mention, f you or a guest struggle to tie a bow-tie the day of your wedding, he's there for you...

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Meg Y

Benjamin and his crew were great! Ben is super down to earth and made my husband and I feel at ease on our wedding day. This helped us to get some wonderful "in the moment" candid shots that I will treasure forever. Ben also handled the obligatory family shots like a pro and... Read More came up with some fun, inventive poses for the bridal party shots. From the planning process to the day of I felt like all the details were taken care of by DW. Derks Works also took care of our videography and I would highly recommend them for this as well. Our trailer video makes us look like celebrities and the entire editing is done very well and with a wonderful flow. I barely noticed the camera was there on my wedding day. I would highly recommend DW if you're looking for some gorgeous photos and video and a very personable and accommodating crew.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Heather S

Hands down, Derk's Works was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. We had the pleasure of working with four members of the Derk's Works team for photography, a photo booth and videography, and not one of them felt like vendors whatsoever. Each of them truly felt like... Read More friends we had invited to share in our special day. From the moment they arrived, they wanted to help, whether it was to fix my bustle, get me water, fix a bridesmaid's hair, track the time, ANYTHING. Our guests even commented about how much fun they had with the photographers and how excited they were to see the unique moments the team captured. We had previews of our photos within days of our wedding. The photo booth photos were completed within 48 hours, and they were INCREDIBLE. Many of our friends and family members have already downloaded those images to use for social media profiles and even to print and have in their homes. We can't say enough good things about Derk's Works. Thank you all from the bottom of our happy hearts for capturing our most precious memories.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Sophie C

As soon as we bought a home, we knew exactly who to contact for professional family photos! Jennifer and Ben were so flexible with unexpected changes to our schedules and gave us two options for family sessions.We ended up choosing the mini-family (30 minutes/40 photos). Not... Read More only did Ben shoot for more than 30 minutes, but we got double the photos! I knew Ben from working in the wedding industry and knew my boyfriend would love his personality and work. Within minutes Ben was showing me how to pose with Alex! HA! It was such a fun and relaxing session. At the end Jennifer came with their two kids! They are the sweetest family and work so in sync with one another. Their work is amazing and their family is even more incredible. Without a doubt we would recommend them for family, engagement or wedding photos (or even to just have lunch with :) )!! We can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Amy V

Benjamin is an incredible photographer. Not only that, but when we could not find a photographer in Pittsburgh we liked, he came all the way from Columbus to shoot our wedding!!! My brother used Benjamin for his wedding and we were in love with his photographs. We were so... Read More excited that he agreed to come to Pittsburgh when we reached out to him. Not only does he have an amazing eye, but what stands out the most is his great personality. He is so easy going and great with kids. We are so thankful that Benjamin took time away from his own family to capture our family's most important moments thus far. We got our photographs back quickly and even this morning we went through the photo books to admire them. Photography was everything to us (it's the only thing you keep), and we couldn't be happier with the photos and cannot thank Benjamin enough. You cannot go wrong hiring him!!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Rylie M

We had the best experience with Benjamin and Jennifer. The pictures turned out amazing but more importantly Benjamin made the whole experience enjoyable. He went above and beyond all of our expectations. He really captured the mood and emotions of the day. I can't say enough... Read More nice things about Benjamin and the crew at Derks works!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Katie M

I can't begin to tell you how pleased we were with Derk's Works. We hired them for both photography and videography. They were incredibly organized and attentive during the planning process, and the crew could not have been more knowledgeable, friendly, and personable the day... Read More of. They honestly began to feel just like a few more of our friends we had invited to the wedding. My husband and I both felt so comfortable with them, and they allowed us to be ourselves and capture who we really are as a couple. We just received our photos and video, and we couldn't be happier with the results. Beautiful, thoughtful, and totally us. We are so thankful to them for capturing our day so perfectly.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Alexandra C

Working with Benjamin was definitely one of the highlights of our wedding day. Thanks to him, it was more than just a photo shoot...it was an experience. He made us feel so comfortable exploring our feelings and expressing ourselves. He gave us just enough guidance so that we... Read More could get the pictures we envisioned, but then he let us take it from there. We didn't feel like we were posing for pictures -- we felt like we were living a moment (and Benjamin just happened to be there, capturing our natural expressions and making awesome pictures). He really captured *us* and the way we were feeling that day, and these pictures will be something we'll cherish for so many years to come. Plus, Benjamin is totally the type of guy you want hanging out with you on your wedding day - we had a blast with him. Going with Derk's Works was one of the best wedding decisions we made. Three thumbs up!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jim B

Ben was our photographer at our wedding. He did a great job. He is very good at what he does and is super personable. We can not wait to see our final pictures. the sample preview of our wedding they sent us looks great!I would recommend Ben to anyone looking for a great... Read More photographer.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tara S

I loved working with Ben and Jennifer; they are an awesome team and our photos are gorgeous! We put a lot of time and effort into planning our wedding and I really appreciated that Ben wanted to capture us in the moment and not stage a bunch of photos. I also love how Ben and... Read More Jennifer have taken the time to craft an image and aesthetic for Derk's Works; their books are amazing and completely different than anything I've seen from any other photographer. Ben is also a super fun person to hang out with; my family made so many comments on how funny and personable he was. I went way over budget on photography and I have no regrets because Ben helped the whole day run smoothly and captured beautiful memories!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Megan M

Amazing! We used them for our engagement photos and are all set to use them for our wedding as well. Benjamin and Jennifer are both delightful to work with and of course their work is absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on our photos we cannot to see the... Read More wedding ones. Ben was especially patient as he let our dog, Teddy, tag along in photos as well. 100% recommend!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Madison B

We so enjoyed working with Benjamin. He fit into our big day flawlessly and with ease. He was always professional while also being able to interact with my family and I. He documented our day well, and we could not be more thrilled. If you spend a lot of money on one thing for... Read More your wedding, it should be Benjamin Derkin!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Stephanie B

Benjamin and Jennifer were awesome from the start. Easy to work with and uber organized. They had great advice when it came to little details and timeline for the day. I was nervous about not being photogenic and Benjamin assured me that he wasn't there to take photos of the day... Read More but to capture the moments and tell our story. That's exactly what he did! I can't say enough about how amazing Benj was the day of the wedding. He was a one man show. Cheerleader, bow tie tiers and of course an amazing photographer. The emotion he captures in each picture is breathtaking. As the night went on the dance party got intense and Be Jamie fit in perfectly. Dresses ad up in costumes just like the rest of us having the time of a life. I can't wait to see the final results!