Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Indian, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

New York, NY (917) 444-0580

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Nikkan D

Vinit from Dhoom was THE MAN! We had a fusion Indian/American wedding, and requested a mix of more traditional Indian songs along with all the fun/bad music we are all used to getting a little loose to at weddings- along with some stuff in-between. Vinit played the perfect mix,... Read More and kept the party bumping all night long. I wish I could bring him home with us for our next party. Planning was great too, with a series of documents for us to fill in preferences, if/when we had any. Nobody was too pushy, and we were able to let them know what mattered to us- with Dhoom filling in the gaps. In terms of sound system: great, perfect volume, no moments of terrible feedback loops making everyone except the Grandmas cringe (Grandmas as a rule can't hear high frequencies). Overall: Highly recommend. Well worth the money. Would absolutely choose them again.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Seth M

I worked with Milan and DJ Chirag for my wedding this past Sept 2017. They were absolutely amazing to work with and extremely professional. They sent out reminders for any details that they needed, and we had a call the week of the wedding to make sure everyone was on the same... Read More page. I can't believe how well everything went when we didn't even meet until the day of our wedding. They helped us with pre-ceremony, ceremony, and reception music. We had a mix of American and Indian music that crossed many generations, and both our Indian and American guests enjoyed themselves throughout the entire event. DJ Chirag checked in with me during the event to see how I thought it was going, and I was so happy! It could not have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Sonia S

We cannot express our gratitude toward Milin, Chirag, Manish and the entire Dhoom Events team for all their hard work and professionalism! You guys went above and beyond for us starting from our engagement party 2 years ago! It made us return to you for the wedding. We truly... Read More thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding magical from the Dhol player at the Sangeet, to the Dancing on Clouds effect, an eclectic photo booth setup with so many nice touches, glow sticks that were personalized, monograms, and slideshows at the reception. You guys kept the dance floor full all night and we received so many compliments from our guests on how great the music was! It was a pleasure working with you all and will continue to recommend you for all our friends and family. Top notch professionalism, courtesy, and entertainment at it's finest !

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Darby S

Milin and his team were great to work with throughout the entire process. He took skype calls with our entire family to ensure we'd be comfortable working together, explained what we needed (and what we didn't), and helped us to better understand why he needed what he needed... Read More from us to make our wedding special. As a fusion wedding, it was important to us that all guests felt comfortable with the music. Milin not only helped keep a balance of Indian and western music, but knew exactly when our crowd was getting into a groove and how to keep it going. Every single guest of ours was on the dance floor, and they were all eager to keep the party going with "one more song". We also worked with Milin and his team for our Sangeet, which was a great introduction into how to meld our cultures to be sure everyone felt welcomed, entertained and having fun. We've been to weddings since ours, and everyone has commented on how much fun it was thanks in large part to Milin and his team. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Umang D

DJ Chirag and MC/Dhol Neal were the most amazing duo we could have had at our wedding and garba! Neal’s enthusiasm(and dhol skills) permeated throughout the dance floor and reception as well as the bharaat and DJ Chirag kept people dancing all night long! We can’t use enough... Read More superlatives to describe how much these guys added to our special day! Even when we were unsure of how the night should unfold and what songs to play at times Chirag provided suggestions that we took and ended up being some of our best moments of the night! Can’t recommend Dhoom events highly enough! Sincerely, Alexis and Umang

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Sonam M

Dhoom Events was the best vendor we had at our wedding this past summer. DJ Milin really proved Dhoom Event's motto to be true, "Your Event, Your Way." As a couple who wanted to make music one of the top priorities during our wedding weekend, Milin really came through to... Read More accommodate all of our requests from specific song times, song titles, song versions and genres of music for each part of the weekend. When you hire Dj Milin, you feel a sense of comfort knowing he understands your vision and will do everything to execute it as he literally is the man behind the turntables. Milin was also very personable, treating me, my husband and all of our family members as close friends. He went out of his way to meet us at our venues, coordinated with our wedding planner and our other vendors. All of our guests loved the music and were dancing literally all night. Finally, DJ Milin's MC Manish was very professional and very articulate during the reception. He gave us a call to discuss the program and all the pronunciations of the names involved in the wedding party. If you really want your guests to have the best time on the dance floor and your wedding process to be a little less stressful and a little more fun, you gotta choose Dhoom Events!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Rupal R

Milin and Vinit were an amazing team to work with! The music at our wedding was absolutely perfect! We've received so many comments from our guests about how great the music was and the "just right" mix of Indian and American. Thanks for keeping the dance floor alive and... Read More helping make our wedding day special!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Prerna S

Milin and Chirag at Dhoom Events were so easy to work with! They were very professional in the planning stages and organized all the events (flow and times) very well. They definitely got the party going and within 10 minutes of playing baraat music, our guests were raving about... Read More the music and DJ! Milin and his team were also very accommodating and incorporated all our requests. Even better, they were very reasonably priced. Definitely recommend them for your wedding/reception and any other party!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Smita R

Dhoom Events did an incredible job creating our ideal wedding musical experience! The DJing was top notch for our mehndi/sangeet event (DJ Vinit) and our wedding (DJ Milin) -- both events were so different in their music and everyone loved the music and dancing! Our family and... Read More friends were on the dance floor till very end for both events. Generally, very professional and courteous throughout, with excellent suggestions on how to improve our planning for the two events, and they coordinated everything without a hitch! Would highly recommend if you want to have an amazing and fun Indian wedding and dance the night away!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 D. H

We could not be more pleased with the professionalism and quality of the services from Dhoom Events. DJ Milin was extremely organized and friendly. He provided us with the materials needed to put on the wedding event of our dreams. He was flexible with our requests and... Read More changes and maintained flawless communication throughout the process. Several weeks later our guests are still raving about "the phenomenal DJ" at our wedding. We are grateful for everything Milin did in ensuring our event went smoothly. It was great working with Dhoom Events and DJ Milin. He took a wide variety of songs (Indian songs, R&B, Hip Hop, Folk and Rock and Roll) and played them across our two nights of wedding celebration. I highly recommend Dhoom Events and DJ Milin.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Ruchi D

Dhoom Events was incredible! Milin was so easy to work with during our planning stages, and DJ Shri was fantastic. The baarat was so fun for my husband and all of our guests, and the dance floor during the reception was completely full the entire time. Our wedding was almost two... Read More months ago and people are STILL talking about how fun it was to dance all night! I cannot recommend Dhoom Events enough!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Niki P

We found Dhoom through wedding wire reviews and are so happy we chose to use their services. We were looking for a DJ that can accommodate and Indian/American fusion wedding and they were perfect! Milin was out first point of contact and he was so professional and very quick in... Read More responding to all of my emails. Our DJs were Shri and Vivek, and they were high energy, very helpful and super easy to work with. Shri called me a few days before the wedding to go over all of the details on the song request list and timeline that I had sent them. He made sure he had all of the names right along with correct pronunciations. I requested a dhol player and Shri was also our dhol player and was so great at it! Even during the reception, both Vivek and Shri were very flexible and accommodated all of my last minute changes/requests! I would definitely recommend Dhoom Events to anyone, regardless of the type of wedding you are having and I will definitely be using them when I plan my sisters' weddings in the future!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Preethi R

The Dhoom team did a fantastic job! We worked with Milin to iron out all the details, and then had DJ Vinit as our day-of DJ and MC, and they both did a fantastic job with everything. They did our baraat, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception + lighting, and everything turned... Read More out great.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Anjali M

My husband and I are very happy that we chose Dhoom Events as our DJ and lighting vendor for our wedding reception! We experienced exceptionally patient and professional communication with Milin. And it was very evident that they knew what they were doing based on the helpful... Read More suggestions that we received the week before our reception. Milin did a great job going over the schedule for the evening, and made us feel more at ease about our timeline. We loved the ambiance of our hall and the music was wonderful! Our guests (including some relatives whom we didn't expect to get on the dance floor) agreed and we are still getting compliments for the awesome party atmosphere and lighting during our event! Thank you to Milin and the team at Dhoom Events for making our night memorable. We highly recommend their services! -Anjali and Jithin

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 nirali s

Thank you Doom events for DJ'ing our Sangeet and Wedding/Reception!! DJ Chirag and DJ Vinit were fantastic to work with!! They played all the best music (Indian and American) and really knew how to keep the party going, engaging the crowd the whole time! The crowd didn't even... Read More want to leave the dance floor for Dinner! We received so many comments on how great they were! We would choose them again in a heart beat!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Valerie R

Dhoom events was amazing from beginning to end. I could not have asked for a better DJ in Milin and emcee in Manish. I was a little stressed at the start of the reception and by the end I did not have a worry in the world. Even throughout the whole process they were helpful and... Read More had great suggestions. Everything went so smoothly and they were so patient with us. The dance floor was packed throughout and people did not want to leave at the end!!! The music they played was so amazing and everything that we wanted. I definitely felt Milin kept in mind our musical taste and used it throughout. He knew how to read the crowd and what they liked as well. I got sooo many compliments throughout the night about our emcee and DJ. Manish was amazing. Everything went so smoothly and his transitions were awesome. Overall they were amazing and I would recommended them to all my friends. Thanks for making our wedding amazing. Ashish & I were so happy. Also the dhol player was amazing and interacted so well with all the guests!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Noreen

Milin was so helpful and responsive with ALL of my many questions before booking. We had DJ Chirag for two wedding events. Chirag was able to navigate a multicultural (American and Indian) wedding and cater to a very specific crowd! We chatted on the phone the week prior to our... Read More wedding and worked out all the details to make sure the event was exactly what my husband and I wanted. In fact, Milin and DJ Chirag were answering questions and making minor additions for us up to the day before, making sure we had everything we wanted. Furthermore, the setup was complete well ahead of time so me and my family did not have to worry about anything on the day of! They really helped make our wedding an amazing time, and we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Chaula S

We first became aware of Dhoom Entertainment after attending a family friend’s wedding and getting a good recommendation from the family about their services. My first contact person with Dhoom was Milin Jani. Milin and I spoke on the phone and he was incredibly easy to contract... Read More with, and completely understood what our needs would be for the wedding. I am Indian and my husband Matt is Italian/Jewish, and we wanted to make sure that the entertainment for the Sangeet (pre-wedding party) and wedding/reception could cater to all tastes, Eastern and Western. We could not have chosen a better vendor for our event. Milin sent me a completely comprehensive questionnaire to fill out regarding the itinerary and song selection—we basically were allowed the freedom to create our own memorable playlist. I found this incredibly important since I heard horror stories of DJs going rogue and playing songs that they felt suited the crowd—and not valuing the bride and groom’s opinion. The questionnaire was extremely user-friendly and Milin and I were able to communicate quite frequently on any clarifications that he needed. For the Sangeet, we had DJ Chirag, who was amazing! He had a great deal of knowledge about Bollywood music, Garba music, and had wonderful energy. He was able to lead a crowd that had never done any Garba/Dandiya before and everyone had such a great time learning from his direction. He was able to accommodate all of the performances we had, and made the transitions throughout the program incredibly smooth. Even though I didn’t have a chance to communicate with him much prior to the event, he was a consummate professional and everyone was signing his praises. For the wedding ceremony and reception, Milin and DJ Shri attended and it was really great having the two of them there. Honestly, I cannot think of enough kind things to say about them. They were so organized and on top of everything, and they were able to keep everyone on the dance floor! They MC-ed so well, from the minute the introductions began to the last song of the night. They listened to any direction they were given and worked incredibly well with all of the other vendors involved with the wedding. They played a range of songs that kept the party going all night without any lagging or pauses in the energy and tempo. They were so great that my father-in-law who himself was in a wedding band and was skeptical about having a DJ over live music told me what an excellent job he thought the DJs did at our wedding events. We would highly recommend Dhoom Entertainment for your event. Everyone within the group is professional, kind, energetic, and they able to work extremely well with your needs, budget, and get everyone dancing—which is honestly the most important thing!!! Thank you Dhoom Entertainment for making our wedding such a wonderful success!!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Betsy H

Milin was amazing to work with. He was responsive, clear, professional, helpful, and within budget. We booked him for our Pakistani-American fusion wedding and mehndi, along with additional photo booth services for our wedding reception and a dhol player for our mehndi. The... Read More dhol player was awesome and really added something special to our mehndi - he was quite talented. Milin really noted our "do not play" list (which I was pretty adamant about) and "please play" list, be sure to play - or not play - the songs I noted. He also responded to the energy of the events and adjusted to help bring back the dance party, or cool down a bit for dinner. Best of all, he wasn't an obnoxious "hype man" and kept it as classy as you can with a dance floor full of drunk groomsmen. Milin quickly learned the names of the party starters and dance machines, using them to pump up the party. He also quickly noted how uncomfortable my husband and I were with being constantly pushed into the middle of the dance floor and made a joke to get everyone dancing with us instead of watching us. I am forever grateful for that. What really set Milin apart was his willingness to go with the flow and make necessary changes based on little lead time. The photo booth and props (and ability to use a logo I created and inclusion of a nice guest book to pop the photos in) made for a fun activity and keepsake. With Dhoom providing the guest book, I was able to keep something off of my to-do list (as more of a no-fuss bride, this was a great treat). I highly recommend Dhoom for your wedding and mehndi, and I would absolutely use their services again. I also am really happy we added on the dhol player for our mehndi and the photo booth for our reception.

Wedding With Dhoom Events

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Pooja S

Milin and Dhoom Events were absolutely fantastic to work with. I lost count of the number of compliments we got on the music he played (including several people saying it was the best DJ'ing they ever heard at a wedding), and the dance floor was packed the entire night. He was... Read More very professional to work with and helped guide us every step of the way. My wife and I will be recommending Milin to everyone we know. Excellent service for an excellent price, couldn't ask for anymore. Thanks for everything Milin!