Engagement, Trash The Dress

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available

198 Boston Tpke., Coventry, CT (860) 614-2456

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Eleonora C

Diane is so awesome!!! From the first moment we met Diane she was so easy to talk to and was so open to our ideas. She took her own time to help us find the most perfect place to take our wedding photos. She really cares about capturing what exactly you want on your special day.... Read More She will work with you until you are completely satisfied. I just can't say enough about what a great photographer Diane really is. I have worked with many photographers, but Diane is one that I will continue to contact for future photo sessions. She is very talented and has so much passion for her work. She really is the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Tom F

Diane is great! She is very professional but also a lot of fun to work with. She captured our wedding day perfectly, we couldn't be happier with her finished product. She knew what we wanted and executed flawlessly.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Melissa L

I am so happy with our decision to hire Diane. From the first time we met with her, I knew she was the right fit for our wedding. Her prices were reasonable and she makes you feel very comfortable. Diane was great the day of our wedding, helping to keep everything organized... Read More and running smoothly, all while taking great pictures. I feel like I'm reliving my wedding day each time I look at the pictures! Thank you, Diane!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Kay S

Diane was amazing to work with from start to finish. On the actual wedding day she helped to keep everyone calm and relaxed, she organized photos and kept things moving quickly and with our timeline, she even helped to button up my dress! She had tons of creative ideas to make... Read More really good pictures and was happy to work with any of the people we had. She definitely helped to make the day go by smoothly.

She felt like part of the family!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Alexandra J

Diane was amazing at my wedding!! Not only did she take breathtaking pictures of the entire night she really helped run everything, from walking in during the ceremony to cutting the cake. I cannot imagine my wedding day without her, I can not say enough good things about her!

Amazing Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Courtney M

I made the best decision in hiring Diane to photograph my wedding. At our first meeting I felt very comfortable and immediately liked her. I thought her packages were reasonably priced and after comparing others to her, I saw she offers much more with her packages. We first did... Read More our engagement pictures at the beach and they were so much fun. Diane and her assistant put you right at ease. Diane has many creative ideas on how to get a great picture. They are not your typical stiff engagement pictures. On the day of my wedding,she came to my hotel to take the "getting ready" pictures and even helped with my wedding dress to make sure it was laced up properly and looked good for the pictures. Again she had so many creative ideas for pictures for me and my bridesmaids before the ceremony. During the wedding I hardly noticed her while she was taking the pictures, she made sure to blend in and not be in the way of the guests. The pictures are fabulous and I've received so many compliments on how they look and what a great eye my photographer has. Thank you so much Diane! Courtney and Kevin

Professional & Personable

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Alicia G

Parson's Photography came highly recommended by several of my vendors. They include an engagement session that really made me comfortable on the big day. If I could go back I would have requested more group photos of my guests, but as I have never used a photographer for... Read More anything before, I was naive to the process.

Diane is THE BEST

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Melanie S

Not only is Diane fun, she is fantastic at what she does. She has an incredible eye for photography and it is clearly her passion in life. From the get-go, she was on top of organizing herself for our wedding and even helped me with writing my vendor itinerary. She's super... Read More busy, but somehow manages to take the time to get to know each couple's needs, and treats each wedding with the utmost respect. Everyone at our wedding thought she was just wonderful and had nothing but good things to say about her. Our banquet coordinator actually thought that Diane and I were old friends because we were all having so much fun during post-ceremony pictures. She is worth every cent! She's honest, talented and full of positive energy. Plus, appointments, picture selections, etc, can all be done on her website. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better photographer!

You will not go wrong with Parsons Photography!

Reviewed on 8/12/2012 Mary C

Diane Parsons and Diane Parsons Photography are the BEST and any bride who may come upon this while researching wedding photographers, just stop your search and call Parsons. Diane Parsons and Jess are flawless. Of the hundreds of decisions that go into a wedding, choosing... Read More Parsons was one of my best (if not THE best) choices I made. Diane, thank you FOR EVERYTHING! When it came to professionalism, flexibly, vision, getting to know her clients and meeting their personal needs Parsons has been TOP NOTCH. Also, I unfortunately experienced some dress issues (which belong in another review for my dress designer) and Diane could not have been more understanding of some of my concerns about the pictures and working with me extensively to help me make the most of our pictures so that I felt as great as possible about everything. Your wedding day will come and, sadly, it will go. But, you will have the memories and the pictures forever - and if you work with Parsons Photography you will not regret it. Also, Diane and Jess were wonderful to have at your wedding. They use their endless experience with weddings to help everyone feel comfortable and be at their best - and they are kind, patient and professional at every turn! Thank you so much for everything Parsons and we look forward to working with you for pictures for many many years to come!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Sandra B

Feeling a little hopeless about meeting with several photographers, my sister's friend recommended Diane Parsons to us after previously working with her. I met with Diane, and after talking to her about what each of us do for a living, our hobbies, passions, I knew we had to... Read More have her photograph our day. Diane is smart, sweet,has an incredible creative eye and is extremely passionate about what she does. From our engagement sessions to wedding day, she captured the moments so perfectly. We were fortunate to have Jess and her husband Dave on our wedding day too. They are a fantastic team! Highly recommend!

Best wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 5/10/2012 Kate C

Everyone loved Diane's attention to detail and several guests remarked that she really captured our special moments, but you never saw her!

Beautiful Photos from a Terrific Photographer

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Ashley A

Diane Parsons of Parsons Photography was the photographer at my recent wedding. Not only is she professional, but she is efficient! She was able to corral my large family and take every imaginable combination of relatives - in under an hour. The pictures came out amazing and the... Read More entire time everyone was smiling and laughing. She is not the photographer that makes you plaster on a fake smile and hold it - I was genuinely happy during all of the shots and they were done so quick. Diane is amazing, her speed and efficiency are astounding and the quality is terrific. I am so happy that she was my wedding photographer, as I know that I will cherish those photos for years to come. Thank you!

We love Diane!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Kara T

Thank you so much to Diane and Jess for their wonderful dedication and hard work on the day of our wedding! They were open to our ideas, got some fabulous shots and even took a trip on a sailboat! Photography is an art, and these two are true artists. They have wonderful... Read More personalities, are professional, and creative. Thanks again ladies, Parsons is our top choice that's for sure!

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 mary b

We recommend Diane to any bride and groom. Her photos are beautiful!! All my guests commented on her good nature and sense of humor! Diane took wonderful pictures of my special day!

Can't say enough good things....

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Theresa G

I cannot sing the praises of Parsons Photography enough, but I will certainly try. My first impression of Diane Parsons was that she was clearly a woman who knew how to capture a wedding on camera. Her work was beautiful and intimate, classic but modern, and noticeably lacking... Read More in the egotism and self absorption I'd seen in many other portfolios. I came to realize that really this was what sets Parsons' apart--the ability to have interesting and different photography that still beautifully captures the marriage of two people. She gets to know her clients so well that by the wedding day she is like a part of your family. She knows you well-enough to both set you at ease and capture the real "you" in your pictures. In particular, Diane was incredibly supportive of (and even involved in) all the things about our wedding we were proud of. My husband and I are total geeks and had some non-traditional elements to our wedding that I think many other photographers may have over looked. Instead, Diane knew about these things (such as hand-made table arrangements, hair ornaments, lanterns instead of bouquets) and got excellent shots of all of them. Plus she even suggested incredible photos that evoked Star Wars and Lord of the Rings which, in all our geekery, we will cherish forever. Additionally I think it is important to note that Diane's second shooter, Jess, is incredible. She has a real knack for making you feel comfortable and making you laugh. Her and Diane work great together as a team and the pictures look that much better as a result. her husband, Dave, also deserves recognition for working our photo booth like a boss. ;) Lastly, as every bride is on a budget, I have to say that of the many photographers I got price quotes from, Parsons was by far the most bang for my buck. Our entire package, which included an album, all our images on a CD, unlimited photo sessions, and the most-awesome photo-booth ever all came to a around $3,500-$4,000. Even if she (justly) increases her prices in the coming years, she is well worth every single penny. I have already recommended her to three couples I know getting married in the next year, and I intend to keep recommending her until people say "Shut up, grandma, no one wants to hear your opinion on wedding photographers anymore!"

Loooooooved Parsons!!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Caitlin D

From the minute my finace and I met Diane, we knew we wanted her to be our photographer for our wedding! She was creative, excited and you could tell she loved her job! Our pictures came out awesome and we even got to see some of them that she had taken earlier, during the... Read More wedding. Diane made us feel so comfortable and like we were part of her family. We 100% recommend Parsons Photography. You wont be sorry. We now have a photographer that we will be using for as long as she's taking photos.

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Tracie G

We had a wonderful experience working with Parsons Photography. Diane and Jess were so professional yet so down to earth and fun to work with. From the first time we met with Diane we knew we found a knowledgable, honest and caring person. She was always available to answer... Read More questions and address our concerns. We are 100% positive that we found a real gem! Our wedding day was perfect in every way. We are so fortunate that we had Parsons Photography with us to capture our memories.

Awesome Experience!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Corinne B

Professional, friendly and works to give you want you want. I love how all my pics came out. Very reasonably priced as well. Highly recommended!!!! Reading the negative feedback actually frustrated me. ***Please note that it's the bride and her mother who left the feedback, not... Read More two seperate events!!!***

This Photographer Rocks!

Reviewed on 5/18/2011 Joanne H

One of the most important decisions you will ever make in life is choosing your wedding photographer. We will forever be grateful for the referral and subsequent interactions with Diane at Parsons Photography. As a same sex couple residing in Florida, we were already jumping... Read More through hoops to have our union legally recognized. Imagine our angst at having to find a photographer in an unfamiliar state. We searched the internet and received some very outrageous quotes. Our JOP happened to mention Diane's name. We contacted her and received a more than reasonable quote. We arranged to meet in person the day before the wedding. We had our hearts set on an outdoor wedding and Diane listened intently to our vision and made creative suggestions as to possible poses. Diane went above and beyond the scope of photographer in securing a secondary location as a Plan B due to the inclement weather that loomed. She saved the day and our wedding! We absolutely loved and appreciated her creativity. She captured the essence of us. A lot of people, including myself, take good photos. Diane is a photographic artist and her ability to capture those beautiful and intimate moments of our (and hopefully, your) special day is unsurpassed.

Unbelievable and wonderful! A Dream come true!

Reviewed on 5/18/2011 Wendy P

We had a out of state wedding (we came to CT). All interactions with Diane were via email or phone, she was excellent. From our first meeting (the say before our wedding) she felt our "groove" and the creative oozed from there. The best part of Diane and her crew, was the... Read More overwhelming support. We were from out of town, with an outdoor wedding planned, forecast changed with 100% of rain. She leaped into action and helped to save the day!!! She went out of her way to ensure that our day was spectacular even in the dreary weather that rolled in. Our pictures were amazing and captured the true nature of who we are (which was very important to us). ALL of our friends have said that it is as if she has known us for a lifetime. And it truly has been a great experience. I have several friends that we are referring to her if they decide on CT for their wedding. It truly was a magical and captivating milestone with a creative flare which is just so US! Thank you!

You don't need the stress Diane Parsons can cause.

Reviewed on 3/28/2011 Jane H

She was very sweet until we expressed surprise that her videographer wasn't included in the 10% discount pkg they offered. It was all downhill from there-way downhill! I still can't believe how unprofessional she was! She was truly the only downside of an otherwise wonderful... Read More wedding. Red flags: 1)Contract (that you get no hard copy of) states that parents have NO say re: any photography decisions. 2)I was told Diane posts boudoir pics on facebook. Contract states she has unrestricted right to use and publish photographs in any manner and medium and to alter the same without restriction 3) 100% payment required before wedding day. 4) Misleading 10% dicount offer (Bait and switch IMHO) 5) She impeded the flow of the day. 6) Did not honor verbal agreements, but then again her contract states that she doesn't have to. Etc., etc., ... AWFUL!

DO NOT USE THIS PHOTOGRAPHER!

Reviewed on 3/26/2011 Kathryn H

DO NOT USE THIS PHOTOGRAPHER! From beginning to end the experience with Diane was horrible. We met Diane at a wedding show at the Wadsworth Mansion. Her prices seemed to be reasonable, especially with the 10% off any package coupon she gave us. We decided to book with her... Read More after doing some comparisons of services. Big mistake, nothing is cheaper for no reason. When we booked with her we went with the package that included a videographer. She told us that the 10% discount would not include his service even though it was clearly packaged together. We spoke with the videographer about this and he offered us a solution NOT Diane. A week before the wedding Diane started a fight with my mother! There was some confusion about the amount of the last check sent. My mom mistakenly wrote the check for $19 less than the correct amount. Diane insisted that she pay a $25 late fee! The check was not late just written for the wrong amount by dollars. My mom was upset, Diane told me she refused to speak with her anymore. I felt like I wanted to take my mom's side but that if I didn't agree with Diane she would sabotage my pictures. The day of the wedding Diane took the shuttle that was waiting to take me to the venue making me and my wedding party 20 minutes late to my wedding. The pictures she took were mediocre. She got in the way of the guests and showed poor planning for her shots. After everything she said she would be working on editing the pictures of the wedding and the different sessions we did with her. She told me to let her know if we wanted anything specific done. I didn't have any specific requests. I wanted her to do the edits she promised at the sessions and use her expertise to come up with beautiful pictures. Boy was I wrong. After 6 months of waiting and emailing she says she didn't do any further edits than what she had already done and would be burning the pictures to a CD. I was shocked! She blamed me for not telling her what to edit! HELLO?! That is why we hired what we thought was a professional. She did not even do the edits we had discussed in the sessions. She emailed me that they were not in writing and that I was making it up, then she blamed me for not communicating with her. She ended up charging me an additional $100 to get all my sessions on CDs. Diane Parsons is unprofessional and a horror to work with from her office in the basement of her home to her combative attitude. The price of her services are what hooked us. Nothing in life is free, if your photos are important to you it is worth paying a little more. The bottom line is that I felt she held me and my wedding photos hostage. It was the worst decision we made concerning our wedding. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THIS WOMAN.

Excellent Choice

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Dava F

Diane and her staff are excellent at their craft. Her creativity and skill is amazing. Our package included an engagement session and wedding session. The engagement session was a time for my husband and I to get acclimated to her style of photography and personality. Let's... Read More just say we had a fun filled afternoon! We actually enjoyed taking the photos and the details in the photos are amazing. Our family and friends love the pictures from the engagement session and can not wait to get copies. From start to finish, Diane and her staff were a part of our wedding day. They captured every moment and the pictures are just gorgeous. Our guests even commented on their excellent work and professionalism. Diane and her staff really care about their clients and this sentiment shows in their work.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Amy H

Diane and Parsons Photography are amazing!! We knew after our first meeting with Diane that they were the choice for us. Diane goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy and everything runs smoothly. They captured every amazing moment from our engagement sessions to my... Read More shower and especially on our wedding day. Our bridal party, familes, and friends all commented on how great and friendly our photograpgher was. The photobooth was a HUGE hit and is just one example of how Parsons does all they can to make your day fun and memorable for everyone. We would HIGHLY recommend Parsons Photography, they were a part of making our day unforgetable!!! :-)

Our wedding day in Mass.

Reviewed on 11/06/2010 Antonia D

After getting engaged I knew I wanted to find the right photog for us. My husband does not come out of his shell but he did for Diane. We did a engagement session within the first month of our engagement and we even brought our dog. She captured every aspect of our... Read More engagement. At our wedding see caught every emotion, from the joyous kisses and I do, to the tearjerking memorial father daughter dance with my brother. Jess and Dave of parsons photo also made our day a huge success. Dave and Diane togther captured a private family moment that when I look back on the pics they bring tears to my eyes. We also had a photo booth through parsons photo, amazing we have been married almost 6 months know and people still talk to us about the photo booth. Parsons photo provided the props along with the photobooth. When you meet with Diane you will see she will get to know you as a couple and capture your day they way it should be captured. Focusing on the details that are imporant to you. Parsons photo is hands down amazing!!