Dressing The South's Most Beautiful Brides

Diane's Formal Affair is your One-Stop Bridal Shop for everything wedding since 1985. We offer a great selection for every budget and every member of the bridal party! Along with our nearly 700 bridal gowns, we have hundreds of mother, bridesmaid, and flowergirl dresses—and tuxedo rentals.

1608 5th Ave, Jasper, AL

My Dress & Bridesmaids Dresses

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Stephanie A

The staff at Diane's was very nice and really helpful. I never once felt rushed or just another customer. They really took the time to figure out what I was looking for.

Wonderful experience and service!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Candace H

I had a wonderful experience at Diane's. I drove with my mother on the 4 hour trip to Jasper, Alabama and it was well worth it. I already been to two other places much closer to home, but the selection and service me and my mother received at Diane's was just wonderful. My consultant Many was so helpful and sweet. I was not rushed to make a decision and I was able to retry dresses on. My mother loved the fact she could just sit back, relax, and watch me try on dresses unlike the previous bridal shops we had been to. I also felt the prices were very reasonable. I was able to get a gorgeous Justin Alexander right at the top of my budget. I am also getting my bridesmaid dresses from here!

Excellent service

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Nadia P

The ladies here are very helpful and helped me find my perfect dress. they made it fun and relaxed without being pushy at all or like they were trying to upsell me. They shipped me my dress to California no problem and it arrived in great condition

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Laura G

I purchased my dress and did alterations at Dianes. The ladies are fabulous to deal with, and so helpful. They stayed within my budget and helped me find the perfect dress.

Loved my dress... did not like the salespeople.

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Karly P

First off I need to say that I LOVED my dress and was very happy that I chose it. BUT the day I went for my very first dress shopping experience was a disappointment. I had my mom and brother there for the special occasion and we were on time for the appointment. We chose 6 dresses for me to try and it took a little while to weed through the inventory because all of the dresses are smashed together in a tiny room. When I started trying on dresses I didn't waste time in the ones I knew I didn't like. By the time I got into the third dress, the saleslady who was helping me said, "We need to speed this up honey... you're running out of time before my next appointment." Although I had maybe been there about 45 minutes and was never told that there was a time limit. I found THE DRESS and I bought it that day with the veil, but I spent the following months feeling like my special moment was ruined because I felt rushed to make a choice. When my dress came in I had to call the store to see if it was there... I never heard from them. I thought scheduling with the seamstress would be a nightmare because of her extremely limited hours of availability, but she was the most pleasant part of my wedding dress buying experience. If the other salesperson had the positive and sweet attitude of the seamstress, this review would have been 5 stars. Something to think about if you envision your wedding dress shopping to be a big and meaningful part of the wedding planning experience. I would suggest to go somewhere else.

7/24/2014 Response from the vendor

At Diane's Formal Affair we pride ourselves in customer service. "We love our brides!" So thrilled when our brides find the perfect gown for their perfect day. Our goal is to provide a unique personal experience above any other for your dream wedding. We never... Read Less Read More

Unique Bridal Selections and Helpful Staff

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Sara Beth T

I was drawn to Diane's Formal Affair when shopping for my wedding dress because of the unique selection of beautiful gowns. Every dress I tried on was amazing on detail and quality, and it was a tough choice deciding on "the one." But the staff gave lots of helpful feedback and sizing options. I especially loved the in-shop seamstress!

Great Selection

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Tiffany B

Diane's has a great selection of dresses for all body types. I was specifically looking for Watters dresses, and the consultants were great in assisting me. I had picked my gown in less than 30 minutes, and they helped in making it a relatively pain free process. It is a bit of a drive from Birmingham, and I felt like the customer service gradually wasn't as great as the day I purchased the dress when I went back for later fittings and to purchase accessories.

Great selection

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Morgan B

I had great service, and was able to find my dream dress here. There are so, so many dresses to choose from!

LOVED Dianes!

Reviewed on 4/06/2013 Laura P

I drove from Tuscaloosa to Jasper 3 times for my wedding dress and would recommend anyone to go there! They were beyond friendly and helpful! The first dress I tried on ended up being THE dress and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have even tried it on. They went and pulled it from the back and said It was a mixture of the other dresses I liked but I didn't think I would like it and ended up loving it. They make my dress shopping EASY!

DRESS

Reviewed on 3/26/2013 Jessica P

I absolutely loved my dress! Everyone at the shop was very nice and helpful. I have recommended Diane's to everyone who I know is getting married. Prices are excellent compared to other dress shops!

Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 3/24/2013 Maria D

I read reviews on Diane's before visiting the shop, and they were very mixed. I had nothing but the best service! I live in Birmingham so it took me about 45 minutes to get there and it was well worth the drive. The staff was really friendly and they were able to work within my budget. Their seamstress was also wonderful. She was able to add straps to my dress which gave it an elegant look. I would recommend Diane's to any of my friends and family.

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 3/16/2013 Brie F

I recently purchased my wedding dress from Diane's Formal Affair and I had a great experience. My consultant Susan was very honest and reassured me on my choice when my mom had a different idea of what I should wear. She made sure that I remembered that it was my day. They were also wonderful when it came to my one year old niece, they let her run and play and never once acted inconvenienced by her presence. Overall this shopping trip was much better than a previous visit to Davids Bridal.

Great service, beautiful dress!

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Kim S

The sales associates at Diane's were helpful and friendly! They helped me find the perfect dress within my budget. I was able to buy my dress off the rack without need for any alterations!

Bride0915

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Lauren M

I absolutely loved my dress experience at Diane's formal affair in Jasper. I got a beautfiul designer gown for a great price and Susan, my consultant, was wonderful!

Don't waste your time

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Allison T

I was horrified by the awful service I received here. Sure, you can get your dress at a cheaper cost here, but you certainly sacrifice customer service. I had issues with the receptionist lying, the bridal assistant lying, and the incompetence of the seamstress. I would never recommend anyone go here. I was treated horribly.

supper sweet

Reviewed on 9/01/2012 Jessica M

Went out of their way to help

Beautiful Dresses

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Gina M

Diane's has a great selection for the bride who does not have a huge budget and who wants a dress that does not look like a cheap dress. The associates are pleasant and work with you to find the dress of your dream!

Diane's

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Morgan T

Diane's is the ideal place to shop for a wedding dress. Lots of selection and a helpful and friendly staff to make the shopping experience stress free.

The Best!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Amie P

Diane's Formal Affair is by far the best dress shop in the state. The women who work there are so friendly, so non-judgemental, and are obviously there to please you. The seamstress is unbelievable, as well. You want your wedding dress to fit you perfectly, and she makes sure that it does that. Diane's has great prices, especially for the quality of product that they provide.

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Angela F

I tried on many many dresses and Diane's had the best selection and is where I found my dress. I recommended it to another bride and she found her dress there too. The staff is wonderful to work with. The alterations were fabulous.

Wedding dress shopping made easy

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Cara S

Hands down the easiest appointment I had while planning my wedding. I simply told my consultant what I was looking for, she picked a dress for me while I chose several to try. Then put the dress the consultant chose for me on first and it was an instant winner. I honestly didn't need to try anymore dresses on, of course I did though. Diane's is a place to go as soon as you get engaged; they are ready and willing to help every step of the way.

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Erin P

LOVED this place they have everything and if they don't have the exact dress they have something exactly like it and can order the dress for you! they are awesome!

Great experience

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Amy B

It was a great experience getting my wedding dress at Diane's Formal Affair. They found the dress I wanted, ordered it and had it for me in a month. They were super caring and professional.

Loved my Dress!

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Katie C

I wished the alternations lady would have more hours to meet you instead of just M, W and F.

I said Yes to the dress!

Reviewed on 4/03/2012 Rachel R

The people at Diane's were the most helpful out of any store I went to. They also had such a wide range of dresses and prices. I found my dress within the first few I tried on! It was an excellent experience!

TO Diane's Formal Affair