Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

12 Largo Drive South, Stamford, CT (203) 967-2253

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Mary-Nicole D

Sabrina was amazing! From the second I stepped into the shop she shoveled sample upon sample at me of wedding cakes. She even gave me take homes for my husband to try. This was particularly challenging because I'm gluten free and she was so accommodating. The cake came out... Read More exactly as the picture I had sent her. Everything went so smoothly, the cake was delicious, and she was a delight to work with!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dexter M

We selected DiMare's Pastry Shop to take care of our wedding cake after attending another family members wedding and loving the results. What a great decision. Not only were they VERY reasonable, but the cake was stunning and tasted phenomenal. They also have a major cake... Read More tasting event a few times a year where you can pick up a 10-15% discount on your overall price when you order. We came in for our tasting with a rough idea of what we wanted and were blown away by all the different options! They patiently guided us through our choices, provided numerous samples for us and even sent us home with an entire cake just for us because they had an extra one in the kitchen from a canceled order and didn't want it to go to waste. We decided to go with a Lemon chantilly cake with wild raspberry filling and a whipped cream frosting on the outside. We only had 100 guests, and really only needed 3 tiers, but they gave us an additional 4th tier at no cost because they wanted us to have the grand look we were after within our budget. Our wedding cake had a beautiful blue ombre pattern that started off at the very base in a dark midnight blue to match our tuxedos, then it gradually faded up to white at the very top layer. We decided that rather than just freeze the top layer and wait a year, we will come back to the shop and have them make us a fresh one every year because we loved it so much. Absolutely book with them.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Diane M

Prices were very reasonable, and it tasted and looked great!! We went to the semi-annual free tasting (which I HIGHLY recommend) and tasted a few more before finally picking chocolate mousse. It was delicious and looked as we had discussed.

The Best Cake Ever from Dimare

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Charmaine D

My fiance and I met with Maria from DiMare and selected a red velvet three tier cake. It had silver embellished band around each tier and our monogram on the middle tier. The cake was moist and tasty. Our guests loved every crumb. The consult was so easy. I thought that we... Read More would be overwhelmed with flavors and frosting but not so. Maria made so easy to design our cake and it was so much better than we expected, Thanks DiMare (Stamford)

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Shannon W

We wanted to do something different than a typical wedding cake - so we decided to have one of DiMare's pregnant cannoli after seeing it! It was a HUGH hit. They have the absolute best cannoli around, so even people that don't like cannoli loved it. It was a great non-traditonal... Read More alternative to a wedding cake that was a photo op!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Monica S

After coming to this bakery for a long time and always being amazed by their desserts, we knew we wanted Dimare to make our wedding cake in October. They did not disappoint! It was as beautiful as it was delicious, which was very! So moist and flavorful. We cannot wait to dig... Read More into the top tier for our 1 year anniversary. Sabrina was a pleasure to work with and very helpful with making decisions on flavor and style. We would not have changes a thing!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Jennifer D

Dimare provided me with our wedding cake, as well as a personal birthday cake for a sister that was sharing her special day with us. My fiance and tried 3 other bakery shoppes before choosing on Dimare and I am SO happy with our decision. We went with a red velvet cake and cream... Read More cheese frosting, which was so delicious. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how good it was and being that the cake was so big, we were still enjoying it the next day! The best thing about the cake, other than the taste, was the fact that it was a giant heart as opposed to a regular layered cake. In addition to the unique shape, i also wanted a particular design to match my wedding dress, which had layers and a "ribbon"effect. I sent the bakery a picture of my dress and when I saw the cake, I was astounded at how well it all matched and just fell in love with the entire look. They did a fabulous job on the look and the fact that it also tasted divine was literally the icing on the cake!

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Lauren H

DiMare did a fabulous job with our wedding cake. While all of their cakes are delicious, we opted for cheesecake served with strawberries and it was amazing! I've been to too many weddings where the cake goes untouched at the end of the night, and I can tell you that all of... Read More the guests made room for this dessert and raved about it after! Sabrina was super nice and so easy to work with. In addition to being delicious, the cake looked gorgeous as well. Thank you for a job well done!!

A Cheesecake to Remember

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Kelly H

My husband and I are not into cake, but for the sake of tradition we decided to serve an alternative...what DiMare created was sensational! We had a four layer cheesecake (eggnog, oreo, pumpkin, and traditional) that was so perfectly and elegantly iced in whipped cream several... Read More of the guests thought it was fake! The cake was gorgeous and so classy, not to mention the layers all tasted amazing. DiMare did a fantastic job and were great to work with from our tasting to our final masterpiece!

Amazing Cake!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Jessica L

Di Mare's did an amazing job on our cake, they listened to everything we said, and delivered a stunning cake, with delicious flavor! We chose the canoli filling! It was raved about by all of our guests, and such a beautiful cake!! We also went to many free tasting before the... Read More wedding, which was great to figure out what type of cake we wanted. They also provided some gluten free cupcakes for the guests that were unable to have the cake. I would recommend them to anyone!

Best Cakes In Town

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Jessica C

You can never go wrong with a DiMare cake for your wedding. We went to DiMare having no idea what we wanted our cake to be or what we wanted it to look like. Sabrina was so patient with us and gave us great ideas about the cake flavor and style. We ended up with a 4-tier cake... Read More with the bottom two tiers as "chocolate lobster" (devils food chocolate cake with canoli filling - to die for) and the top two as plain vanilla. It was unbelievable! I also ordered a small grooms cake and small birthday cake for two of our friends. The prices were extremely reasonable for what we ordered and it was some of the best wedding cake we had ever had. Not to mention our guests were blown away. I would highly recommend DiMare if you want a phenomenal cake for your wedding.

Great design and taste

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Vicky C

We used Di Mare for both our wedding and grooms cake. Both came out beautifully. The grooms cake was a surprise for my husband and they helped to make sure my husband didn't accidentally find out about it.

Dream cake!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 gail t

DiMares Pastry shop not only makes the most gorgeous cakes, they make the best tasting cakes! Tim is so creative and meticulous with his designs. The staff is helpful and treat you like family!

Best Bakery Around!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Christina B

DiMare's is by FAR the best bakery around!! Our family has been going there for years- 30+ years! Service is always great, the cakes/pastries are phenomenal. Their "cake boss" Tim does an incredible job. The Double Temtation- chocolate mousse & cheesecake is my absolute... Read More favorite, and who doesn't love their cannoli nachos?! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!

Delicious and Striking

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Ashley B

DiMare's did a fantastic job on my wedding cake. I have a trifecta cake which is 3 layers of white, red, and black velvet with raspberry filing in between. I looked so cool when it was cut. It was also the moistest cake ever! Everyone raved about it! Also the decor was free... Read More handed to resemble a Cinderella castle theme. It was stunning. Highly recommend Dimare for anything. They never let down and always please! Cake testing there is a huge help too!!

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 12/20/2012 Amy C

We got our wedding cake and a grooms cake here for our rehearsal dinner. Both were very different but beautiful and so tastey!

wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Sheila M

fun experience cake tasting and designing our cake. maria was fun to work with and made this an easy and seamless experience.

Delicious!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Amy F

I love this bakery - I grew up getting my Confirmation/Communion/Graduation cakes from here! To me there was really no other option. They are a large bakery so you need to make sure that everything is written down - exactly how you want it. We got the "Trifecta": red... Read More velvet, black velvet and white velvet with raspberry jam - it was AMAZING!! The cake was gorgeous, we were very happy!! *The cake was included with our Dolce Norwalk package - added bonus!

Great choice

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 Tara G

We loved our cake! It was included with our venue package, so not sure what it would've cost if we had to pay for it. THey are very experienced & make delicious cakes!

Cake !

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Annie J

DiMare Pastry did my wedding cake, we chose the carrot cake which tasted so amazing. It was the best tasting wedding cake I've ever had. The cake was much larger than I would have hoped and I sent a photo.

Great cake

Reviewed on 9/03/2011 sarah a

Our cake was amazing. I use them for all occasions. There is not a better bakery around.

DiMare

Reviewed on 7/17/2011 Carissa R

My husband and I were very happy with our dulche wedding cake. Very accommodating and reasonably priced cakes.

Di Mare's rating

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Caitlin P

DiMare's pastry shop did an EXCELLENT job on our wedding cake! It came out better than I could ever imagine. It was so gorgeous, and everyone absolutely loved it. Not only did it look beautiful on the outside, but it tasted delicious. They were wonderful to work with, and we... Read More were beyond satisfied with the results!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 Robyn L

We loved our cake, simple but perfect for what we wanted. The Dulce De Leche cake was delicious! We selected a simple design and then our florist sent additional flowers to the venue and DiMare decorated the cake on site and it was perfect! Everyone loved the taste and at the... Read More after party I decided to break out the rest of the cake to eat, it was so good! They also offered to make us a new top of the cake for our 1 year anniversary, we are definitely looking forward to then!

FRom what I heard....delicious!

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Jennifer M

THe cake was beautiful - everythign i could have envisioned. Unfortunately, I personally didn't get a chance to taste the cake, but everyone raved about it!!

Start a Conversation!