Talented DJs + Great MCs + Pro Sound & Lighting

BRIDES give your wedding the excitement and uniqueness you deserve by booking one of our talented DJ / MCs with nightclub quality mixing skills. We go the extra mile by providing wedding planning services and premium sound and LED lighting for your big day. CALL OR EMAIL TODAY FOR A FREE QUOTE!

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

3127 w Conejos Pl, Denver, CO All of Colorado (720) 517-0844
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Holly O

My husband and I absolutely loved Discosapien. Music is very important to my husband and I, so we were very selective in choosing a DJ. We both spent several hours researching possible vendors (because music was not something we were willing to compromise or settle on for our... Read More wedding). We were thrilled when we stumbled upon Discosapien, and Rex made the process stress-free and very easy to finalize. We ended up getting the DJ of our dreams when Erik agreed to come out of “DJ retirement” for our special day! We met with Erik in person about a week and a half before our wedding, and he truly put our minds at ease. Erik did an excellent job of playing our requested songs, and he also honored my just as crucial (if not more crucial) “Do Not Play List”. Erik had creative, yet subtle transitions between songs, he did a fantastic job mixing, and he ultimately made our reception one of the best parties we have ever been to! I highly recommend Discosapien Weddings to those who want a fun and memorable wedding experience, and I especially recommend them to those who place high importance on having the best party possible!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 kyle a

Discosapien is the best! After attending 2 other weddings that were DJ'd by Discosapien, we knew that they were the right DJ for our wedding! Discosapien was very fair and reasonable in their pricing and packages. DJ Rex was a great communicator, and made sure that every detail... Read More regarding ceremony audio, song choices, and reception timelines were clear before our wedding day. Discosapien's audio & lighting equipment worked perfectly for our outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour, and for a large indoor reception space. DJ Rex continuously read the room throughout the entire night, playing songs that everyone loved, and more importantly danced to! DJ Rex expertly mixed and blended songs, took requests, and MC'd the night perfectly. Wedding DJ's can truly make or break the night, and we are happy that we chose Discosapien to DJ our wedding! Thank you!

Amazing!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Alexis U

I cannot count how many of my guests came up to me during and after the wedding and said "this DJ is awesome!" He was great!! From the beginning, Discosapien was very professional, easy to contact, and laid back. The reception was A BLAST because of Discosapien. Our... Read More personal DJ, Kyle, made sure to play songs from our song list and from the song requests, keeping in mind our "Do Not Play" list. He also was great at reading the room and seeing which songs got people on the dance floor - when he played a country song and my entire side of the family got on the dance floor, he did a great job of playing more, but not JUST making it about one genre. I had family members dancing who I thought didn't even know how to dance!! He also did the announcements for our cake cutting, first dances, etc. and did a great job. FANTASTIC! Seriously - book Discosapien, ask for Kyle!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Nathaniel H

Just super fantastic! Rex (the owner) was a great DJ for us! Being in the LBGTIQ+ community, we were selective as to whom we wanted for our DJ. Rex really did go the extra mile for us! Best, Nate & Marc

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Julie R

Ian kept us dancing the WHOLE night - seriously, I did not leave the dance floor except to cut the cake! Also, our guests had a blast - I can't count the amount of people that commented on Ian's talent and expressed how much fun they had! Requests were made and Ian had to work... Read More on the fly to find our Buckeyes & Wolverines fight songs (Go Bucks!) He pulled through. Rex and Ian both stayed in touch with me from the first email I sent to the few days before our wedding. Very organized, helpful, and knowledgeable team at discosapian and I couldn't be more impressed-from start to finish! Incredible :) :) :) Keep making weddings an experience that brides and grooms will always remember. Awesome job, team-CHEERS! Julie

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 chelsea l

Rex was very helpful and involved in the whole planning process. He wanted to make sure that everything was above board and that we were happy. He added drone footage for us as my husband was excited at the idea and sent us the footage within a few days. Although there were some... Read More bumps on the road day of - Rex was a consummate professional and made sure to keep things running smoothly. He also had people of all ages out on the dance floor and made sure to play music that made everyone feel included. If you are looking for a kind and supportive DJ who plays music that will get everyone movin look no further than DJ Rex with Discosapien!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Olivia R

Rex is the BEST wedding DJ out there. We used him for our wedding and he was easy to work with and answered all of our requests! He is amazing and did not skip a beat. We incorporated a lot of children into our wedding and Rex was so kind to them. It meant the world to us! ~Jon... Read More and Olivia

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jeremy C

We went with Discosapien for DJing our wedding and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. Rex, the owner of the company, was our DJ and he absolutely took our wedding to a whole other level. I will say that we created a pretty great playlist for him to go off of, but his mixing... Read More style and ability to read the crowd was superb. If you're looking to have a dance party and want someone who can improvise a bit, I highly recommend Rex and Discosapien. He was very easy to work with and nailed all of the songs that we selected for different times of the wedding. Very affordable too for the service that you get.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Rachel M

Two years prior to our wedding, my now husband and I attended a wedding with Rex as the DJ and it was the best reception we had ever been to. We sought out Rex to DJ our wedding and had very high expectations... which he blew out of the water! He has an extraordinary ability to... Read More facilitate the perfect environment to get all your guests dancing the night away. We had so much fun at our wedding and I'm so thankful for Rex. I highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Julia A

Discosapien, and Rex in particular, is an amazing DJ. We were so happy with Rex, he really helped to make our day special by helping keep us on schedule for the ceremony and toasts, and then by hosting an awesome dance party during the reception. He catered to all of our... Read More needs, and most importantly catered to our guests on the dance floor. He was great at reading the room and playing just the right music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Also important to us, was the fact that he doesn't just play song ofter song, but instead he actually mixes songs together as a talented DJ. We recommend Discosapien for anyone looking to host a great event and dance party!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Erin S

Seriously the best DJ I have ever partied with. Rex is THE MAN, he is very communicable and fulfilled all of my requests with timing/playlists/etc. It says ALOT when I (the Bride) literally did not leave the dance floor the entire night!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Taylor C

Discosapien kept us out on the dance floor all night long! I wanted a dance party and that is exactly what I got. We met with Rex 2 weeks before our wedding and gave him a very vague outline of what we were looking for and he took our very small comments and ran with them to... Read More create the perfect night. When we didn't know what songs we wanted for first dances, Rex had a very long list to help guide us in a direction, all while being extremely patient and helpful. We also used uplighting for the dining room and lighting effects for the dance floor. They were all perfect, and added to the overall look and feel, all while being more cost effective than all other vendors I searched. If you want a flawless event, hire Discospaien.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Amber K

I'm so glad we chose Rex and team for our wedding reception - he was so responsive, completely got the vibe we were going for, accommodated all our requests, but best of all our guests danced the ENTIRE night! He made it so fun and knew just when to slow it down or get it... Read More going. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Erica S

Our DJ Ian was amazing. He met with us before our big day and made sure that the music was exactly what we wanted. Our guests loved that he took their requests on the spot during the reception, but still honored our do's and don'ts list. We highly recommend Discosapien and Ian,... Read More their professionalism and performance was top notch.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abby S

We had DJ Nado at our wedding a couple of weeks ago and he was absolutely amazing - he played the best music to keep the dancefloor packed all night long. He was really responsive and made sure the music was exactly what we wanted. Rex was also great - the most responsive... Read More vendor we had and he made sure everything went smoothly for us prior to the wedding. I would recommend Discosapien to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Brett L

Rex was the best! So flexible and helped us get through our indecisiveness. His music selection was amazing and everyone had such a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Julia C

Rex was amazing to work with before and on our wedding day. He is so easy to contact, very available, flexible, great with the crowd, and performed above our expectations. I highly recommend him for any event, especially weddings.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Sydney P

Ian was AMAZING!!! He made our day absolutely perfect. He was so organized and professional, he acknowledged all of my many requests and played all the songs we requested! We loved meeting with him prior to our wedding to discuss the event and the details. We also thought it was... Read More so nice of him to take the time out to get to know us as a couple a little better before the event. Thank you for being so accommodating, patient and professional! Would definitely recommend Ian and Discosapien to all our family and friends!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Julie L

Rex was an amazing DJ! I thought the night went very well due to his personality and professionalism. I would definitely book him again!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Knicky V

Rex went above and beyond what we had expected! We knew he was totally in sync with our style of music, but had no idea how super flexible with coordinating very last minute requests that popped up hours and even minutes before our wedding he would be. The stringed quartet we... Read More hired was unable to make it for our ceremony due to a pile up and Rex was able to step in and cover all the same songs we had planned to use in our ceremony over his sound system. We had originally not planned to do a bouquet toss, but the last minute request was honored with no notice and he worked it in, which made for fabulous photos and 1 thrilled maid of honor. I can't praise Rex enough for being able to accommodate so many unexpected surprises so flawlessly. The energy level was off the charts and we've had guests tell us it was not only the best wedding, put the best party they have ever been to! I'm confident that without Rex that would not be the case. We will definitely use Discosapien for events in the future.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Christa B

We worked with Chad at Discosapien for our wedding and were very pleased! He played exactly what we wanted, and even pushed back on my groom at one point when he wanted to play music that was going to kill "the mood" (he requested hardcore techno only for the last hour of the... Read More wedding, thankfully Chad backed me up on letting the groom know that our grandparents would appreciate a bit of Prince or something to break that up here and there :)). It was a ton of fun. I am Micronesian, and Chad was even able to find a super rare Micronesian song that my sister knew how to Hula too. In the middle of the wedding after working with Chad to find the song, she surprised us all with a hula! Just an overall amazing time and we thank Chad for adding to the fun of the night for us!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

We were so impressed with Rex!! He was so professional super helpful during our planning. When the big day finally came he really livened up our guests and got EVERYONE on the dance floor! Rex was really good at mixing it up but yet it seemed so seamless. We were very happy... Read More with the way he introduced us as a married couple for the first time he made it so fun! He kept track of our timing as far as speeches, cake cutting etc... And he even suggested that we go around to our guests tables to greet them (this was such a great suggestion by the way)! We got so many lovely compliments and texts the next day from our guests saying the wedding was truly spectacular and there is no doubt that Rex definitely played a huge part in it! We picked the best wedding DJ and so should you!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Jenn S

Discosapien was great! I was planning my wedding from out of state, so did a lot of the discussion and meet and greet over the phone. Rex, the owner, was very clear and answered all of my questions. There pricing is also super easy and up-front. We had DJ Chavo and he was... Read More great! Read the crowd and did not play any cheesy annoying wedding music (as requested). Also, he accommodated the surprise "show" that our groomsmen put on. All in all very happy with our DJ pick, and it was one of the vendors I was most nervous about. I would highly recommend discosapien!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Anastasia H

DJ Chad was amazing. Discosapien is very professional, and creative. I would highly recommend Discosapien and DJ Chad. He played all the songs we requested, and took requests on the day of as well. He went above and beyond what we were in need of that day - and made everything... Read More go off without a hitch.

Perfect DJ

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Nicolette R

I thought it would be hard to find a DJ simply from searching the web but the reviews mixed with Rex's fast communication made it an easy decision. Rex was incredibly helpful from my initial inquiry email all the way to our big day. We were matched with DJ Chavo and it was... Read More the perfect match. It was clear from our prep phone calls that he was prepared and had the same music tastes that we did. The night of the wedding was a breeze with DJ Chavo. He knew exactly how to direct the night and keep things moving and upbeat. The music was spot on and the dance floor was always occupied. Our photographer also mentioned that DJ Chavo was one of his favorite DJs that he's worked with. I couldn't be more happy with Discosapien Weddings or with DJ Chavo and and I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Rex Buchanan

Rex Buchanan is a music producer, DJ, MC and entrepreneur who founded the record label, recording studio, DJ / production school and event DJ service known as Discosapien. During his time on the decks Rex has performed at many notable festivals and venues including: Global Dance Festival (CO), Firefly Music Festival (DE), Red Rocks Amphitheater (CO), Beta Nightclub (CO), The Gansevoort Hotel (NYC), The Delancey (NYC), Cervantes (CO) and Summit Music Hall (CO). He has opened for many notable artists including: Pretty Lights, LMFAO, Empire