Decorations + Accents

16910 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX Dallas & all of DFW (214) 233-5193

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Kiersten D

We hired Jim to be our DJ for our wedding, and we couldn't be happier. We weren't sure what type of crowd we were going to have, not sure what to even pick as far as songs and genres, and Jim knocked it out of the park. He made sure to let us know his timeline and to know... Read More exactly how things were going to happen for everything. He made sure we were aware of everything, which took all of the guessing and stress out of our day. He played all of right songs and everyone danced and loved it. He was able to make my entire ceremony go perfectly , and I had only given him 5 songs... he is truly talented. I can't thank him enough , he was helpful in every meeting, and he worked with my planner and everything went perfectly.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ellen B

Jim was an incredible DJ! He helped organize the timeline & flow of events for the night and it all felt very natural with no strange gaps or guests not knowing what to do. More than anything else, though, he kept the party going from the first song until we got kicked out... Read More (literally). The dance party was crazy! Our friends were telling us afterward that they kept thinking they'd take a break on the next song but it was all so good that they never got a chance to sit down. Some of our friends are already asking us for the playlist, haha! We even had the older folks out on the dance floor for multiple songs. It was just fantastic, thanks Jim!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erin D

We could not have had a better DJ. We got so many compliments about how well he was doing. He picked all the right music for our friends and family to keep the dance floor full at all times. He made the whole night flow so well. The lighting was also amazing. We requested no hip... Read More hop or rap because of parents preferences and he was the only DJ who did not question this. He also made amazing suggestions for a private last dance and it was probably one of my favorite moments from our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Josie T

Jim definitely knows what he's doing and was very professional. I was very pleased with the end result.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

I posted this review a few other places, but I wanted to put it here too. Jim seriously is changing lives out there with his mad DJ and MC skills. Some of the best money I've ever spent. Seriously, without Jim, I don't know how we would have made this wedding work. He wasn't... Read More just the DJ (though he was). He didn't just watch the timeline like a hawk and make sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently (though he did). He didn't just keep us informed and moving forward gently, kindly, with just the right sense of urgency (though he did that too). He was the wedding master — SO MUCH MORE than simply playing music. I couldn't BELIEVE the value Jim brought to this experience — I was truly blown away! I was very nervous about the wedding itself — how people would know what to do next, who would keep on eye on the clock, how people would get organized, know where to be and when to be there, but Jim was on top of it. He's like the Batman of weddings — he's the hero you didn't know you needed, sticking in the background and melting into the flow of the wedding while still making sure everything is happening smoothly, just the way it should be. Like the secret service of weddings. I might be going a little overboard here with the analogies, but believe me when I say he was beyond perfect. He was also incredibly professional — but most of all, he made us feel comfortable. I felt like I had nothing to worry about during the wedding because Jim was going to handle it all. I can't thank you enough Jim for everything you did. You didn't just provide some music or move people around... You brought us ease and peace of mind — and you can't put a price on that. Want your wedding to run smoothly? Hire Jim. Hire Discovery DJ & Lighting, and just FEEL the stress evaporate.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Great company to work with! Fast to return emails and price was very reasonable. The lighting looked great too!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We had a vision in mind and Jim made some suggestions based on that. The result turned out so beautiful! The lighting helped set the mood and we loved everything about it!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Naomi A

The ambiance in the reception room due to the amazing colored lights was spectacular. Jim at Discovery Lighting did a wonderful job of understanding what I was looking for. The lights made all the difference to set the stage for our reception. We had wireless up lights all... Read More around the room and lanterns over the dance floor. Apart from centerpieces on the table, Discovery lighting was all I needed for the decor. As we wanted a dance party and light show at the end of the reception we hired one of Jim's engineers to stay throughout the night to ensure the light show was completely in sink with the DJ. Wow everything was fantastic thanks to Jim and his crew.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Chelsea w

Highly recommend! At first I didn't care about having up lighting at my wedding but I am beyond glad that I did! My mom found Discovery Lighting and it literally made the reception!!! We chose a violet blue color and everyone commented how amazing it looked! They worked with our... Read More low budget and exceeded my expectations! Very very respectful and easy company to work with. You'd be crazy not to book them!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Kimberly R

Discovery DJ and Lighting (Jim Weisz) was the perfect DJ for our wedding. The venue looked awesome, (Gob, uplighting) and the music kept everyone dancing all night. Jim worked with us every step of the way. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Linsey V

Discovery Lighting was the best choice for lighting! They were so helpful with ideas on what would look good, but also even let us play around with the lights to really get the look we were going for. They helped light our ceremony as well as reception, and we were thrilled with... Read More how everything turned out.

Reviewed on 9/19/2015

We wanted soft blush pink uplighting & pin lighting on our centerpieces. Jim & his team did exactly what we asked and made it look breathtaking! We have already recommended them to several of our friends who are engaged!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015

Loved the lighting Discovery did for our wedding! We really enjoyed working with Jim and were very happy with the lighting his company did for our wedding. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

My husband and I were very pleased with the work that Jim Weisz and his team did for our spring wedding reception. We had not originally planned to have lighting at our reception, but when our DJ highly recommended Jim, whose services were reasonably priced and matched our... Read More budget, we reconsidered. That last-minute hire was a great decision. Jim immediately began working with me to develop a plan for lighting the reception room we had rented at the local Knights of Columbus hall. He responded to all of my emails quickly, and his responses were always clear and detailed. With Jim’s help, my husband and I decided on uplighting around the periphery of the room and a lighted monogram over the bridal party table. Jim even threw in an LED pinspot for my bridal portrait for free! The day of the wedding, Jim’s team arrived on time and had the hall set up by the time they had promised. As I walked into the room at the beginning of the reception, I could hardly believe my eyes. You would never have guessed we were in a plain old K of C hall! Many of our guests commented on how the lighting transformed the room. Thanks, Jim!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Larissa K

Jim was absolutely phenomenal! During our initial appointment Jim asked questions about us as a couple, how we met and what we pictured for our wedding. He asks what kind of music you like and what you would like to play. He has an amazing website where you can select songs that... Read More MUST be played, some you like and do not play (which I loved!! I didn't want any YMCA, chicken dance or choreographed dances). His website is also organized with first dance suggestions, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, cake cutting, etc. which made it so much easier for us to pick out songs. Jim is very professional and dresses professional for the event. He is not the silly DJ who tells corny jokes or tries to teach dances, he makes a wedding an elegant event. I heard so many compliments from guests about how much they loved my DJ. He doesn't play the music so loud that you can't hear the person next to you talking and he plays a good variety, mixing it up well. I also used Jim for my uplighting and monogram light. I was floored with how well the room looked. Lighting makes ALL the difference in a space! He has a number of monogram lights to choose from and if you don't see one you like, you can look on pinterest and he can customize one. I highly recommend Jim, if you need a DJ or uplighting, look no further!!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Carly C

We hired Discovery Lighting pretty last minute and we are so happy we did. Jim Weisz was so amazing and so nice. He was able to provide the lighting at the last minute and did a fabulous job! All of our guests were commenting on how beautiful the lighting was in the room. He... Read More made the whole process for us very easy to understand. I would recommend him to anyone who needs lighting for a wedding! Thanks again!!!

Jim rocked our party! Loved him

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 laura w

Jim was fantastic! The first time we sat down to meet and talk about our event we immediately knew he was perfect. He was so genuine and had such positive energy. My husband and I got in the car, looked at each, and said he's the one. I was a little bit of a crazy and thought I... Read More would sit down and choose every song and when the event came around his choices were so much better than mine that I told him to just go for it! The party was so much fun and it truly was because of his song choices. He also did some uplighting for our event which was beautiful! We could not have been more pleased with Jim and would recommend him to anyone! Top notch in my book:) Laura

Jim was Awesome!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Jim was so helpful when I reached out to him in search of a wedding DJ and Lighting for my big day! Even though he was booked for DJ, he was extremely helpful to refer a reliable DJ who did an amazing job as well! Jim and I met to look at the space and to look at the color... Read More options, pin spots, etc. When I arrived to the venue on the day of the wedding, I was amazed at his attention to detail because the room was breath taking! I kept sneaking out of the back just to look at the room before the ceremony! I couldn't take my eyes off how amazing he made our ceremony and reception look! It really added a romantic feel to the bid day! I highly recommend Jim to anyone!! I recently did a wedding with Jim since I'm in the wedding industry and he did an amazing job to keep everyone on schedule and the music he chose made the guests dance until the end. His music choices really made my job easy to get great dancing pictures of the guests. Thank you again Jim!! You did more than an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Working with Jim was a wonderful experience. He made our wedding day great from beginning to end and I would recommend him to anyone!

Perfect Lighting Vendor

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Jenny N

I went with Discovery Decor Lighting for my wedding on 9-6-14 at the Hurst Conference Center and I couldn't have been anymore pleased! The lighting was BEAUTIFUL and filled the room just the way I wanted it, with the color I had chosen during my consultation with Jim. Speaking... Read More of Jim, he is all around awesome. Easy to contact, quick to reply, and great to work with. He was quick to answer any questions or concerns and accommodate requests. They showed up when they said they were, and did exactly what I wanted them to do, and that was provide beautiful uplighting, spot lighting and a monogram for my wedding. Their price is also on of the best! They also have the wireless control that is capable of changing the colors of the uplighting which made it fun during dancing time. Overall, I would recommend this vendor to friends and family and use them again myself for future events with no hesitation.

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Joy R

AMAZING! The overall wedding planning process is so much easier when you are able to find vendors who are simply wonderful to work with! Jim was AWESOME! Planning with him was excellent - and the final product - WEDDING DAY - was truly perfect! Everyone had so much fun! He... Read More really "got us" and what we were looking for in music - everyone danced all night! His lighting services were also an added bonus! Between the music and the lighting the mood throughout the entire night was excellent! I really can't say enough wonderful things about Discovery DJ's! Final comment - Jim himself was really great at communicating throughout the night! He checked in with us when needed - however we just let him make the calls because he knows what he's doing! Thank you!

Jim was fantastic to work with!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Spenser R

I highly recommend Discovery Décor Lighting. Jim was a pleasure to work with and the lighting looked fantastic! We spent so much on flowers that we had to hire a good company to do lighting so that the flowers would stand out! We hit the jack pot with Jim and this company.... Read More Without lighting, the room would not have looked NEAR as good! Investing in lighting makes a HUGE difference! Can't recommend them enough!

Our wedding wouldn't have been so awesome without Jim!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Sara C

What can we say about Jim except that he helped our wedding be the best ever! He was awesome! SO many guests commented that it was one of the most fun weddings they'd been to in a long time, and they all commented on how the DJ was so great. He worked with us to detail the flow... Read More of events throughout the night, and he worked with the wedding coordinator to keep the flow of the reception going. We had him do music for the ceremony & reception. He also added some lights (his suggestion) for the dance floor and a pin light on the cake. During the engagement process, he provided me and my husband (then fiance) with log-in information to go online and choose songs for everything. It was a very easy process (just make sure you save your input on the website! :) ). His work at our wedding was above and beyond what we expected from a DJ, and we are SO thankful we ended up going with him. We HIGHLY recommend Jim for your wedding DJ! If we had to do it all again, we would absolutely pick him without question.

Beautiful and affordable!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Peri S

I mainly had contact with Jim and he was amazingly prompt and professional. He met us at our venue a few months before our wedding and did a demo of different colors for us. Our venue was surrounded by glass and the uplighting looked amazing in the room! We had a controller that... Read More allowed the DJ to change the colors throughout the night. It added such an amazing touch and aura to the night. Their prices were the best of any place I had asked and they don't compromise quality one bit. I would recommend them to anyone!

Best DFW DJ!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Brittany R

Jim was AMAZING!! We were very particular with our music, that it would flow through all of the decades and be fun for our guests of all ages. We also wanted to keep requests under control. We had been to too many weddings where the music was not entertaining to the entire... Read More crowd and the requests took over the entire reception. Jim was very receptive to our concerns and explained how it would go. During the wedding, he would even come find me, the bride, and ask if something was okay, or when he was thinking of doing an activity like the bouquet and garter toss. He verified requests and who asked for them. Instead of having a set play list to go off of (which he did play our must haves), he read the room and found appropriate music for each element of the wedding. It was perfect. We also used Jim for up lighting, which looked perfect! I highly recommend Jim if you are looking for a DJ for your wedding or next event.