Distinctive Weddings by Joseph Narrowe

Christian, Interfaith, Jewish

17 Pahee Place, Kahului, HI

Maui Jewish Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

Joseph did a wonderful job with our Maui wedding ceremony. Throughout the process he was helpful, patient, thoughtful, and open minded. He met with us and communicated with us over telephone and email numerous times leading up to our wedding in order to determine exactly what... Read More we wanted. We were looking for a Jewish ceremony, but with some modifications to not be overly religious. He produced a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted and did a wonderful job delivering it. His fee is very fair and much cheaper than all other Rabbi's I spoke to in Maui. Thank you so much Joseph!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

You don't have to have any fears about planning your wedding with Joseph. We planned our wedding from Australia and did not meet Joseph until the day before the actual ceremony but because of his patient, thoughtful and professional manner, we weren’t worried a bit. In... Read More particular, Joseph handled the delicacies of an interfaith wedding very well. With Joseph, you never have to worry that your officiant will only represent one religion or faith. He is capable of very genuine commentary that highlights aspects of each faith and weaves it all together into a very natural and organic-feeling ceremony. You can tell that a lot of thought goes into each individual ceremony he does. On the whole, Joseph is truly a first class guy. He took the time to talk with us and get to know us over email and telephone and that really showed in the ceremony he put together. He was, of course, punctual and extremely professional throughout the entire process, and even provided a few recommendations for sightseeing on our honeymoon. What more can you ask for? I would not hesitate to recommend Joseph to someone else for their wedding - or simply to renew their vows….. ;)

An Officiant To Remember

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Robyn T

Joseph is fantastic! My husband and I were married on Maui in August 2014. I found Joseph through online reviews because we were planning our wedding from the mainland. We are extremely thankful to those who provided feedback about him and his services! True to previous... Read More comments, Joseph made our wedding ceremony so personal and special. I am an extremely particular person, and he is exactly what we were looking for- someone warm, professional, and who made us feel so at ease during the process. Our guests thought Joseph was hilarious, but also so sincere with his words. The script he wrote for us was very personal and sounded just like "us." He is also very flexible and is such a kind hearted man in general. It is hard to find someone who you can trust, especially with all the money and effort that goes into the various things for a wedding. He was a perfect component to our wedding day and helped to make it very memorable!! We would highly recommend him!

An Intimate Backyard Maui Wedding with a Perfect Officiant

Reviewed on 9/08/2014

My husband David and I couldn't have been happier with the entire process of our wedding, and our choice for an officiant is one that truly made it genuine, full of love and down to earth. Joe asked the three of us have a phone conversation on the phone months in advance of the... Read More wedding. We spoke at length about the kind of couple we are and where we hope to go. I was very impressed with how many great questions he posed, and from then on I knew our ceremony would be very personal and uniquely ours. We had lunch with Joe before the wedding and it felt like we had all been friends for years--almost like family. He sent us a "script" of the ceremony in advance of the wedding and allowed us to make any changes or amendments. We had little or very few changes, as he couldn't have said any of it better--even threw in some of his great sense of humor to lighten everything up. Overall, we feel that Joe was a perfect fit for us. Because of him, the memories of our wedding are so much brighter and more emotionally connected. I would highly recommend him!

Peter & Alexandra

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 Peter P

We are a couple from Hungary and we contacted Joseph to officiate at our wedding. He made us feel comfortable and treated us like old friends. He wrote a special ceremony for us and it was very meaningful to us both. He helped us find a really good location (Charly Young Beach... Read More in Maui) and helped us arrange our license. I feel that he helped make our day special. I HIGHLY recommend him and his services. We are glad we met him and that he was the one who married us. Thank You Joseph!! Peter & Alexandra from Hungary

Superior personalized service!

Reviewed on 2/26/2014

While searching online from Colorado for an officiant for our wedding, we came across Joseph's website and contacted him via email to which he responded very promptly. We found him to be warm, personable, caring and engaging. He also helped us find a beach on which to have our... Read More ceremony and made suggestions for florists and photographers. We also met him for coffee a day before our wedding so we could get to know each other better, which made his service that much more personal. Turns out we both went to the same university! When we travel back to Maui in the future, we will look up Joseph to get together with him again and catch up. We highly recommend him!

Maui Special

Reviewed on 2/02/2014 Jenny K

My husband and I decided to take advantage of a golden opportunity and move forward with our lives together. Ultimately, we chose to elope on the Hawaiian Island of Maui and what a great decision! This was in no small part due to the personal attention and detail provided to... Read More us by Rev. Joe Narrowe. We contacted him 6 weeks prior to our desired elopement date and asked him to preside over our ceremony. He responded promptly, gave us a little homework so that he could learn more about us, and met with us to ensure we had the day of our lives. He helped us coordinate a few administrative details so that the only thing we had to worry about on wedding day was showing up! After numerous suggestions and coordination with our photographer, we chose Mokapu Beach (adjacent to the new Andaz Hotel in Wailea). As he wrote and read our vows, Joe was able to personalize our ceremony by capturing the essence of our personalities and the relationship my husband and I had together during our courtship. He was also able to capture our vision for our futures together. In the end, the wedding day came and Joe presented us with the perfect vows on the perfect beach. We can’t extend enough thanks to Joe for his time and effort. We are pleased to have had him be part of our memories and honored to call him our friend. Give him a call or drop him an email. The day was unforgettable.

The Best Officiant on Maui

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 erica n

We got incredibly lucky when we found Joseph to officiate our wedding. After speaking with him on the phone and trading a few emails, he wrote a beautiful ceremony that was so specific to us. We met up with him for a cup of coffee after arriving on the island, and instantly knew... Read More that he would do a great job with our wedding. A couple days later (a day later than originally planned thanks to a crazy rainstorm -- we were so glad that we were able to postpone a day and wait for better weather), we met Joseph at the grassy knoll by the ocean that he’d found for us, and he married us. The ceremony went off without a hitch, and we were both very moved by the lovely poems that Joseph had incorporated into it.

JOSEPH NARROW FOREVER

Reviewed on 1/28/2014

As we were organizing our little intimate wedding from germany we were quite nervous about finding the right officiant for our wedding. Me, Jewish (not religious but traditional) and my husband is not it seemed to be a little more complicated. As i spoke on the phone with Joseph... Read More everything became pretty easy at the end. We connected immediately on the phone and as we meet everything came together. It felt like we knew him since a long time. His warmhearted open character made us feel comfortable, it felt like family. Joseph was also helping us finding a great photographer and location for our wedding. He is just amazing. The ceremony was too beautiful to be true. We were allowed to kiss and laugh during the ceremony and the wise, personalized words he spoke meant so much. We are more than thankful that me meet joseph and he was our officiant, friend and family that day. THANK YOU SO MUCH JOSEPH. WE WILL KEEP YOU IN OUR HEARTS. FOREVER JOSEPH

Meaningful and personal Jewish wedding

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Ruth C

We couldn't recommend a better officiant than Joseph Narrowe. Joseph was kind, caring, and thoughtful, and of all the officiants we spoke to before the wedding, he was the only one who made a point of getting to know us first -- even though he lives in Hawaii and we live on the... Read More east coast. He made an effort to understand who we are, individually and as a couple, and he created a ceremony for us that was deeply personal, unique, and meaningful. I am Jewish but my husband and his family are not, and it was important for me to have a Jewish wedding without alienating my husband or his family. Joseph helped me do that. Not only did he personally understand our situation, he created a wedding in which everyone felt involved, and everyone -- even those not familiar with the Jewish tradition -- understood the meaning and beauty behind the various traditions we mixed into the ceremony. It was important to us to have a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple and the way in which we plan to live our life together and build our family in the future. Because he took the time to get know us over several phone calls and emails, Joseph was able to write a ceremony that perfectly reflected our values and our life together. I can't thank Joseph enough for the beautiful and meaningful wedding he helped create for us.

A Truly Memorable Experience!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Stephanie M

My husband and I were very nervous as we were trying to plan a wedding on short notice from 2700 miles away. I made a few calls to other officiants per recommended by other vendors and none of them we had a connection with - they were all about money and selling us a "package".... Read More When I saw Joseph Narrowe's site I knew that he was different. From the moment I first talked to him, I knew that he was going to be our officiant. He was in the middle of his lunch and put it on hold so he could talk to me and get to know more about me and my husband! Joseph gave us an experience and really cared about making our day special. Joseph wrote his speech customized to us and included the story of how my husband and I first met, he truly made the whole experience special and memorable for my husband and I. I highly recommend you give Joseph Narrowe a call, he is an amazing officiant and person who truly cares for his customers, which I feel is harder to find these days. If you're getting married on Maui, please check him out, I promise you won't be disappointed.

TO Distinctive Weddings by Joseph Narrowe