Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

W3954 South End Rd., Lake Geneva, WI (262) 749-4367

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Christopher K

I e-mailed DJ Felix for a quote and got a response from Alex Johnson. The prices were competitive and the packages interesting. I proceeded to provide him with more information about what my fiancee and I want for OUR big day... Needless to say, find a different DJ. The... Read More arrogance and unprofessional nature of this company is astounding I told Alex in my e-mail that my fiancee and I love music and are looking for a DJ that can accommodate a long list of must have songs and detailed playlists for different times of our big night (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc). Now let me say, I perhaps used the wrong wording as you will see below... I take responsibility in that... But instead of asking for clarification or having a conversation with me - I get this response "I'm sorry, But I don't think we would be a good fit as we are not a push button DJ (Playlist style) Our years in the profession has just shown us that this style doesn't work. We need to have the flexibility of being creative and being sure the floor stays full." Clearly he has his own agenda - I could very easily rent some speakers and play a Spotify playlist if that is what I wanted - but what we actually do want is to be heard on specific requests for things like our first dance, cake cutting song, last song of the night, etc. as well as a handful of up beat and slow songs we would like to have played that mean something to us, the couple. We absolutely want to see the requests of our guests played and want our DJ to do his job in keeping the party flowing. During our cocktail hour, we want to have folky-indy music that is chill yet playful to kick off the night. During dinner, we want a mix of cool smooth jazz as well as the classics (Martin, Sinatra, Buble, Streisand, Fitzgerald, etc.). Apparently these requests were too much. But I am glad this exchange happened because clearly these people have their own agenda and it is not in fact about the bride & groom and their big day. Do yourself a favor and find another DJ, there are many wonderful DJ's who service the area!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Emma G

Alex did a fantastic job. Our reception was a NON STOP party. We got so many compliments about how great the music was. The floor was packed all night and no one wanted to sit down! GREAT DJ

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Sue J

Attended a wedding in Lake Geneva where DJ Felix's company was hired. Worst DJ ever. No personality! Didn't even introduce wedding party. A friend of the bride had to do it. Kept on playing Michael Jackson. Someone please inform him it's 2016. The mother of the bride went... Read More up to talk to the DJ to voice her concerns because guests started leaving he was so bad, and he dismissed her, he wouldn't even look at her and rolled his eyes in back of his head. Played music you couldn't dance to. By 11:00 guests just left. Aweful!!!! On the shuttle back to the hotel the conversation was all about how bad the DJ was. Sad the bride and grooms evening was ruined. Do not hire this company. Unbelievable in this day and age!!

2016-10-02T17:39:18 Response from the vendor

Well, I'm sorry to hear that there was a bad DJ. I'm sure he was playing the music he had been requested to play via the bride & grooms personal online event planner. I don't even know who the DJ was since we're not in... Read Less Read More

DJ Felix!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Rebecca F

Words can't describe how amazing DJ Felix was on our special day!! We have gotten many, many compliments from our wedding guests about how great he was! It was really awesome for the first song of the night, he got EVERY single person who was at the wedding onto the dance floor... Read More & dancing!! I would HIGHLY recommend DJ Felix! He far exceeded our expectations. Every song he played was perfectly fitting to our group, he took requests on the spot, & he made any last minute announcements you needed immediately! Very professional & fun!! If you want a memorable night of dancing & fun, DJ Felix is your guy!! :)

amazing dj!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Alexandra P

He had everyone on the dance floor the whole night! Really got us as a couple!! Not cheesy at all and super fun!!! 100% recommend!

Play my Songs!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Christina W

Did fine with the M/C part, but in terms of playing the music that he was asked to play, did not follow through. No songs from the requested dinner playlist were played. In fact, an artist was played 2-3 times back to back that was not on the list at all. Then the father... Read More daughter dance was played during dinner! I as the bride had to stop him as obviously we don't want to hear that song before the dance! And of course, to make matters worse, played songs form the "DO NOT' play list...which was relatively short, about 5-6 songs artists. When confronted afterward he was very defensive and proclaimed he is there to please the guests. Actually, it is your job to please the person paying you and getting married that day, BRIDE AND GROOM! As a couple that took the time to specify music we loved, and would have loved to hear on our day, we were really disappointed. And of course you can't go back and relive that day ever, so it really sucks.....

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Courtney T

Our dj was amazing. He played plenty of song to get people on the dance floor. He listened to our do not play list and threw in some fun games that everyone loved!