Your soundtrack to the happiest moments in life!

Jeffty Martinez operates as an all occasions DJ and guitarist based out of Santa Cruz, CA, currently ranked in the 2016 Top 10 Mobile DJs in The SF Bay Area by Thumbtack.com. With 10 years of DJ experience, and over 19 years as a performance musician, you can relax in knowing that your sound and music needs are in good hands. As a musician he would be a good fit if you are looking to add a warm, upbeat guitar and vocals to your wedding day. As a DJ he would be a good fit for you if you’re looking for a young, energetic MC who keeps things punctual, professional and has the mixing skills to keep the party pumping!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Caribbean, Flamenco, Indian, Latin, Mariachi, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

San Francisco to San Luis Obispo (805) 610-6511
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Danielle B

Everyone LOVED Jeff! He was an incredible find for us. We wanted guitar music during our pre-ceremony cocktail hour, ceremony, and cocktail hour; a dj for our reception; and also an mc and he did it ALL. I also requested a very special song for my dad and I to walk down the... Read More aisle to - Thank You by Led Zeppelin. He learned to play it on his guitar and sent me a YouTube link so I could watch it before the big day. He nailed it! All of our guests had a blast with him. We had included a line for our guests to make a song request on our rsvp cards and Jeff did a great job of incorporating those songs into his playlist. Everyone was so excited when their song came up. I would definitely recommend DJ Jeffty for any event you have. He helped make our wedding day very special!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Rebecca L

DJ Jeffty was awesome. He was easy to work with, and very responsive to our questions and concerns. He did a great job of allaying our fears and making us feel comfortable and relaxed. He was an excellent DJ that played a great collection of songs. As an added bonus, he was... Read More able to accommodate our last minute request for live music. All of guests agreed that his guitar added a beautiful, classy touch to the ceremony and reception. Would totally recommend!

2016-12-31T21:09:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much N & R, I have to say my favorite part was hearing the toasts, especially hearing how much the Groom's sister looked up to the Bride as a role model... very sweet and touching! It was my pleasure to serve you,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Carli A

DJ Jeffty should be the ONLY DJ you consider! He is incredibly talented, professional, and thorough. He did a walk through of our entire ceremony site and reception venue (without us requesting this!) to ensure he knew the landscape of the event. He listened to our requests,... Read More catered to every age group at our wedding, and made the night one of the most enjoyable nights of our lives. He played the guitar during our cocktail hour, learned a requested song for the father-daughter dance (and sent us samples beforehand), and made the dancing portion of the night more fun than we could have ever imagined. We would HIGHLY recommend Jeffty!

Reviewed on 3/26/2016

Jeff was an amazing asset to have on our wedding day. He played acoustic guitar for two hours and went above and beyond to also corral people from one part of the venue to another. He's an incredibly talented musician and we were incredibly greatful to have him play our first... Read More dance. He had spent the previous three weeks learning and practicing the song - even going so far as to come over so we could rehearse the timing and choreography to the music. Thanks Jeff!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 John S

As shared also on my yelp account: Jeff was the DJ - and our acoustic guitarist - at our wedding this past weekend. I don't often write reviews, because, well, I'm busy, but this one is well deserved. The facts: 1) He made the time to meet with us as soon as we signed on, to... Read More get to know us and our needs. He asked a lot of questions to get to the heart of what we wanted. 2) He followed through on what he said he would do. 3) He showed up the night before to scout the site and get it right. 4) He showed up early the day of, was prepared and ready to go, and did an excellent job the entire day. So, what's an excellent job? Jeff was, first, a very warm guitarist and made our outdoor ceremony feel special. Second, during our reception, Jeff was an excellent MC. It did not feel like we were listening to some cheesy DJ, but an extended member of the family helping to gently make introductions or pass the mic during toasts with a warm thanks. Third, Jeff had the crowd enjoying themselves on the dance floor the entire night. Finally, it's hard not to like him as a person. I'm glad he was present for our wedding. You'd be lucky to have him participate in yours too. In short; guitarist, MC, DJ, warm participant all wrapped into one person.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

I have to say that my experience dealing with Dj Jeffty was a most pleasurable and memorable one for a number of reasons. First and foremost, my wife and I come from two very different cultural and racial backgrounds and my first concern was finding someone who would be... Read More versatile and dynamic enough to navigate through the challenge of entertaining all present guests. Needless to say, Dj Jeffty nailed it! He was very flexible and accommodating in the executing of his duties. Since I come from Africa (Kenya to be exact) I knew Dj Jeffty would not exactly have Kenyan music. I gave him my Kenyan track list and he masterfully incorporated it into his Djeeing and all my Kenyan family had a blast. In addition to this, he has a wide variety of music that would cater to all age groups. Secondly, Dj Jeffty has a fantastic sound set-up. To me a good sound set-up is a non-negotiable. Dj Jeffty's set up was more than enough for our wedding! No bad microphones or static sound coming from the speakers, everything was crystal clear. He even promised us that he had extra speakers in case we wanted to add more oomph to the party. We didn’t need to! What we had was more than plenty. Thirdly, This Dj has a very cool, friendly and respectful demeanor. He patiently worked with us, didn’t try to force any ideas down our throat, or have a know it all attitude. He wasn’t pushy or disrespectful in any way. He would give his professional opinion anytime we asked for it and would offer suggestions on possible ways of going about the entertainment. During the reception he played music to our liking and was very accommodating when it came to special requests and the like. The music was clean with a smooth flow. We all had a very good time. In conclusion, I must say that Dj Jeffty made sure we had a fantastic wedding day. All my family and friends loved the work he did. Since my wedding, three other close friends have used him for their wedding day with no regrets! I would highly recommend Dj Jeffty for anything that has to do with having a good time!

Jeffrey Martinez

Born in Santa Cruz, CA, Jeffrey was a lover of music from a young age. He started playing guitar at age 9, and booked his first paying gig at age 13. By the end of High School he was playing with a violinist at weddings, wineries and restaurants all over the Central Coast. This naturally led to DJing -- from Weddings to Nightclubs and everything in between. Since 2006 Jeffrey has served and shared his love for music as DJ and Master of Ceremonies to couples in California, Oregon, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. He now resides in Santa Cruz, CA with his wife Michelle.