Music Forward

DJ LION KING has been spinning clubs and weddings domestically and internationally for almost a decade. Specializing in creating an epic party wherever he goes, DJ Lion King is sure to make your wedding the party of the year!

Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

New Haven, CT (203) 507-3224
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

King of The World DJ

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Allyson B

It doesn't matter how many details you add to the wedding, if the music doesn't fit the crowd and fill the dance floor...the party is a bust. DJ Lion King made sure that every one of our guests...from ages 10-87 were on their feet! The biggest complaint we had from guests... Read More after the wedding was that their feet were sore from dancing... DJ Lion King created such an elegant, chic, fun and hip atmosphere for the ceremony and the reception. Now we just need to find another excuse to have a party so we can have him back again! Best investment of the entire night was booking DJ Lion King!

Best DJ EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kirsten A

DJ Lion King was one of the best spent monies of our wedding! My husband and I knew that the DJ could either make or break our wedding. We wanted a DJ that would keep the dancing going all night; even with guests ranging from mid 20’s to mid 70’s. We were also looking for a... Read More DJ that wasn't over bearing and constantly on the mike. Amy Champagne Events highly recommended DJ Lion King. DJ Lion King (Jeremy) was PERFECT! We met with him in person and stayed in contact by email and phone right up to the week of our wedding. Jeremy really wanted to know the kinds of music we liked and wanted at the wedding…and what was definitely “Do Not Play.” When our wedding day arrived, DJ Lion King did not disappoint! His mixes had the guests on the dance floor from right after dinner until the last second of the wedding…we actually wanted more! Jeremy was able to judge the crowd and kept playing one great song after another. People actually told me that they were sore from dancing so much, even if it was the hottest night of the summer! I would DEFINITELY recommend DJ Lion King! (& I can’t wait for an excuse to use him again!)

Best wedding ever!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kelli C

I have been to a ton of weddings, some absolutely beautiful, no detail over looked but the music was not good and people didn't dance which was my biggest fear when planning our wedding. When my husband and I attended a wedding DJ Lion King spun we knew we had to hire him for... Read More our day. Everything on our wedding day was perfect, the dance floor was only empty long enough for people to eat, song selections for specific parts of wedding i.e. cake cutting etc were perfect and NOT CHEESY! It was the best wedding ever for so many reasons but the music was definitely on the top of the list. Hiring DJ Lion King was the best decision we made when planning the wedding hands down!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Krystina M

DJ Lion King was amazing! He made the music part of wedding planning super easy. He kept in contact with us throughout the process and met with us to finalize everything. On the day of the wedding, made sure we didn't forget anything and kept our guests on the dance floor all... Read More night! I cannot say enough about what an amazing job he did! Highly, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Jennifer L

Jeremy was recently the DJ for our wedding on 7/1/17 at The Milford Yacht Club, and I wanted to make sure that I did this review ASAP; that way you all will realize that booking him as your DJ will be the best possible choice that you could make for your wedding. When I was on... Read More the hunt for a DJ who would have a fun (but not cheesy!) personality, and a great taste in music (he's a Timberlake/Prince fan --so he won me over with that alone), he was highly recommended by our event designers at Amy Champagne Events. After the first two minutes of speaking with him last summer, I knew he'd be the perfect fit. He is extremely professional and talented, and will be asked by at least a few of your guests for his contact information by the time the night is over...because he's just that fantastic. Throughout the cocktail hour he played a great mix of "beachy"/ classic music (think everything from The Beach Boys to Bob Marley, and Zac Brown Band to DMB), and then, following dinner hour, transitioned flawlessly into the party music. We had an acoustic duo perform during the dinner hour, and they really appreciated how helpful and accomodating he was with his equipment and constructive suggestions. Once it was time to party, Jeremy kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night! My favorite thing about him was his ability to read the crowd and switch up a song after a few minutes (or even seconds!)--that way he was able to fit in as many of our favorites as possible. Do yourselves a favor and reach out to him ASAP---you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Christie F

We cannot say enough great things about Jeremy. He's down to earth, professional, and easy to communicate with. He listened and delivered on exactly what kind of music/vibe we wanted at our wedding. Our main goal was to have the dance floor packed (grandparents to... Read More 20-somethings) the entire night and he knew exactly how to make that happen. We still have people telling us how great our DJ was and how amazing the music & dancing was the whole night. Thank you again, Jeremy!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Sophia P

DJ Lion King (Jeremy) was a fantastic DJ, a perfect MC, and an impromptu wedding consultant. He was great to work with throughout the planning process. As everyone else says, his work is amazing - one thing to note in particular is that he is an extremely competent, calming... Read More presence on what has the potential to be a stressful day. Hire him now!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Ashley S

So Jeremy was our dj for our wedding on 9/27/14. Sorry im totally posting this 2 years later but I meant to forever ago. He was the most amazing dj ever. He's a great guy in general and we would recommend him to everyone. Friends at our wedding literally booked him that night... Read More for their wedding the following year. People were on the dance floor the whole night. We didn't want it to end.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Chelsea C

DJ Lion King aka the opposite of a cheesy wedding DJ aka the most awesome DJ in the land. No, but seriously, hire him. Our wedding was pretty non-traditional, but I knew that I wanted the vibe of the whole night to be upbeat and fun. He turned our wedding into a giant dance... Read More party for the WHOLE night. We didn't give him much guidance, but after talking to us one time over the phone, he totally got our personalities and was spot on with music the entire time. We had a live brass band surprise the guests with a traditional New Orleans second-line, and even though we let them do their thing with minimal planning regarding timing into the cocktail hour, Jeremy just went with the flow. He is personable without being a cheeseball, flexible and easy-going yet super professional, and so so full of energy.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Megan B

If you're thinking about using DJ Lion King, stop your search immediately and contact him. Choosing Jeremy as our DJ was HANDS DOWN one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding day. We had multiple guests comment on the how awesome the music was, and our other vendors... Read More (event planner, videographer, photographer), also were so impressed by his professionalism and attention to detail. And, frankly, if anyone sees a lot of DJs, its the other wedding vendors. On the day of the wedding, he was a calming presence - he checked in with us throughout the night to ensure that everything was running smoothly and made sure that our guests tore up the dance floor. Side note, our Pastor did the worm in the center of the dance floor at one point during the night, and if a DJ can make that happen, then he must be incredible.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Lisa N

Jeremy is the best!! We love him as a DJ, as a coach, and as a friend! He had our guests on the dance floor all night and even played my husbands list of songs! He's reliable, trustworthy and an expert in the dj wedding business. He's your guy! 😊

Reviewed on 4/16/2016 Jay S

This review is embarrassingly overdue, but needs to be written. Jeremy is not a Wedding DJ...he is an absolute event master. We were lucky enough to have him play and host our wedding in 2013 and we and our guests have not been able to stop raving since. Jeremy took the time... Read More to speak with us weeks before the date to get a sense for not only our musical tastes, but the vibe we wanted to set for the event. He didn't scoff when we told him our tastes ranged from bluegrass to Wu-Tang. He incorporated every song we requested while mixing in his own style and ability to read the crowd to make a night that our friends tell us they wish we could recreate annually. Our only regret is renting chairs for the day because our guests were on the dance floor for six straight hours; barely taking a break to eat. DJ Lion King is the antithesis of the stock, corny wedding DJ. Any couple should jump at the chance to have him perform on their big day.

BEST.DECISION.EVER

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Kate T

stop whatever you're doing and book Jeremy. NOW. He is the most amazing DJ and person my husband and I have ever met. Best decision you will ever make for your wedding. do it.

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Kat V

DJ Lion King (Jeremy) is hands down the best DJ we've ever worked with. Period. He is caring, professional and amazingly focused on creating the best day of your life. People are still coming up to us weeks later and telling us that our DJ made the night! My maid of honor is... Read More trying to book him for her wedding and is willing to lose the deposit on her current DJ! Jeremy is THAT GOOD! He set up at our cocktail hour (without us even asking) and helped to make the big space feel intimate. He also spoke with us multiple times leading up to the event and helped to walk us through creating the timeline the reception before any other vendor. He has a Spotify account so we shared our wedding playlist with him so he could see the type of music we liked. This was really helpful because he played songs we didn't request but we loved and it helped to make the night that much more special. During the reception he made sure to come and talk to us before each of the big events such as father/daughter and mother/son dances and cake cutting so that we were aware and in tune with what he was doing. He even picked our cake cutting song for us and he absolutely nailed it ("I believe in a thing called love"...so good!!!) He seriously turned the wedding into such a dance party that even the other vendors wanted to stay and party with us when they were done. I can't wait to have another event just so we can book him again! Thank You Jeremy!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Jessica E

After calling many vendors, DJ Lion King stood out right from our very first call. I was terrified of hiring a stiff/cheesy DJ that only looked at DJing as a job, wore a tacky fluorescent tie, and couldn't read a crowd. DJ Lion King was the exact opposite. His passion for... Read More music and DJing is obvious, and he is anything but cheesy or tacky! He is the perfect blend between professional, flexible, and personable. We received many compliments from the guests on both his talent as a DJ and his personality. The latter was a result of our request that he also help MC our wedding. We didn't want the MC to have a big presence (we've seen MCs be loud and obnoxious at other weddings)...we just wanted him to keep things short, sweet, and classy and help guide/transition our guests from one portion of the night to the next (e.g. get everyone's attention for a toast, tell everyone to move inside for the reception, etc.). Again, DJ Lion King did a great job on this front too. In addition to DJing and MCing, he also did a great job communicating with my husband and I, and our toasters. I gave him a detailed schedule of events and he always gave a 5-10 minutes heads up to us before our toast and first dance, and to our toasters, so we'd have time to get ready. And when the kitchen ran late with food, DJ Lion King kept us updated and quickly suggested a schedule change to save time elsewhere. I had talked to some vendors that would have required me to sign a contract without speaking with the DJ, or even knowing who it would be, or where there would be separate coordinator that I'd work with prior to the wedding and only speak with/meet the DJ on the wedding night. That seemed absurd to me... Conversely, we met up with DJ Lion King for an hour to sign the contract, and then had another hour conversation closer to the wedding date to go over our Must/Don't Plays, on which he gave us great advice. Being able to work directly with DJ Lion King was a great relief and gave me confidence that he'd do a great job!

Couldn't ask for anyone better

Reviewed on 4/10/2015 Rachel r

DJ Lion King is an amazing guy who really worked with us. We had a special dance figured out during a different time of the evening and he was more than willing to help us. He was able to calm all of my nerves. DJ Lion King also set up for my ceremony which went really well.... Read More My husband and I requested that no songs that are traditionally played at a wedding to be played. He was more than willing to work with us on that. He gave us plenty of song recommendations for all of our big moments of the night. After the wedding was over we were constantly being told how wonderful our DJ was. They were so excited at the variety of music.

Kept the dance floor PACKED!!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Natasha G

Jeremy was one of the first vendors we contracted with and he came highly recommended by Amy Champagne Events. Once we heard his sample work, we knew we had to lock him in FAST! Working with him was a breeze and he totally understood where we were coming from on our musical... Read More perspective. He also managed to perfectly cut and loop my obscure, difficult bridal party and bride processionals. But the real gem is Jeremy in action during the reception. He has an uncanny ability to read the floor and knows just what to play to keep everyone on their feet all night long. From the teenagers to those in their 60's & 70's, every single guest had a moment where they just had to get up and dance. One of my absolute favorite moments of the entire night was standing back and seeing almost every single guest on the dance floor having the best time ever. That was the exact atmosphere my husband and I wanted to create and Jeremy had a huge hand in making it happen.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Tiffany D

Jeremy Torres is it! We had an incredible experience with Jeremy spinning at our wedding. Right from the start, he was professional, friendly, knowledgable and knew exactly what we were looking floor. The dance floor was packed all night at our wedding with fantastic music from... Read More cocktail hour till the end of the night. We have received so many compliments, stating the "best DJ" to "incredible music all night long". You will not be disappointed!

Couldn't be happier 8/31 Lace Factory

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Kerry Ann M

I am so thrilled that we were recommended Jeremy by our planner Amy Champagne. You'd be an idiot to hire any other DJ if he's available. The music was perfect and flowed amazingly. Everyone danced the entire night and he handled all requested professionally and in a timely... Read More manner. Jeremy also came through at the last minute with setting up speakers and an amp for our ceremony off location for a very affordable price. We couldn't be happier with our choice to hire him. He's professional, has a sense of humor and we consider him a friend of ours now. I look forward to seeing him spin at Barcelona in the near future.

The best decision we made!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Kristen T

DJ Lion King was so easy to work with and very experienced. You could tell he knew the ins and outs of weddings, what works and what doesnt, and how to read the guests. He was so great at playing music our age group loved as well as those that were slightly older. So many of... Read More our guests couldnt stop talking about how great the music was and how the music was so "us". We have already recommended him to 3 other couples of ours that are engaged. Dont waste your time looking around- just go with the King!

The best!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Amy W

The best of the best! The dance floor was packed the whole night - from dinner to midnight! He is the absolute best!

Got you covered

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Jess B

We hired Jeremy for our wedding, and my best friend hired him for hers, two days before mine. Both very different parties, with totally different vibes and crowds. And both were covered by Jeremy with total grace, professionalism, and most importantly, he played to each bride,... Read More each crowd, and kept us all dancing all week! He even kept me calm when my cousin passed out 5 minutes before my ceremony! Can't recommend him enough!

Awesome DJ!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Amanda R

DJ LK was such a great DJ to work with, from beginning to end. We live in Boston, and were planning a wedding in CT, and Jeremy was very flexible and willing to coordinate with us to meet in person whenever we could make it down to CT. He was very accessible to talk things... Read More through leading up to the wedding, and was very helpful with the song selection and answering any questions we had regarding logistics. The day of the wedding, Jeremy worked with the other vendors and staff on site at the venue to coordinate everything, from the timing of our entrance with the photographer, to the cutting of the cake and the dances. We would highly recommend Jeremy to any bride and groom, and have even had friends use him after seeing him at our wedding and being so impressed. We can't wait to attend another wedding with DJ Lion King! :-)

no party like a Lion King party

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Ana G

Your wedding is only as good as your DJ is. We hired DJ Lion King, which meant our wedding was absolutely phenomenal :) Jeremy's objective, and our only wish of the night, was to keep everyone out of their seats and on the dance floor after dinner. He delivered that, and then... Read More some. He read the crowd impeccably well, and played a great mix of music to keep all ages engaged and entertained. He also accommodated and executed a traditional Polish wedding song/activity with the crowd that my family asked for, and weaved it seamlessly into the night. Overall, most of our guests gushed to us that they had never had so much fun and danced so much at a wedding as they did at ours. We couldn't have been more ecstatic and pleased with the party that Jeremy helped us throw. At the end of the day, there is no DJ that comes close to holding a candle to DJ Lion King.

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Judy G

All I have to say is WOW! I was told as a little person that I would grow up, find prince charming and live happy ever after. Thankfully the path to Happy Ever After has a sound track, and that sound track was provided by Dj Lion King. From the first contact made, Dj LionKing... Read More was professional, helpful, and went above and beyond to help make my wedding a spectacular event. The previous reviews have it right, this guy made EVERYONE dance! From the babies to the older folks. Truly a great DJ and wonderful entertainer, making even the most stubborn of wallflowers shake what their mamas' gave them. From the electric slide to the Cha cha, there was not a moment where there wasn't something fun happening on the dance floor. By the end of the night, my makeup melted, my hair looked like tumbleweed, and my dress was soaked...and I could not have been happier! This guy was awesome. If you want to make your night magical, the best bet you can make is go with this guy, he was AWESOME!