James was such an amazing DJ for our wedding in late-January! He came as a recommendation from our venue (BRIX on the Fox), but we eventually found out later that he DJ'd my sister-in-law's wedding 6 years ago! With all that set aside...we want...
to highlight some absolutely awesome things we LOVED about James:
1. He was so nice, honest, and open to helping.
2. The program we used to make our "setlist" was SUPER easy to use and we were able to customize everything down to first dances, dedications, processionals/recessionals, and more! Another awesome part of this was that he picked and played songs from our setlist based on the crowd. He also played a few songs that we didn't have on our list, but again...it was spot on with the crowd. In short...he was really good at reading the crowd based on how they were on the dance floor.
3. All of the music had a great flow! Songs didn't go fast...slow...fast... He would play a few faster songs and then give the crowd a break by playing a slower-paced song.
4. He was SUPER quick to respond to e-mails and last minute requests (such as the processional song, our Photo Rush song, and the Father/Daughter breakout dance that I created and sent to him).
5. Professionalism really stuck out to us too - dressed for the occasion and interacted with the crowd in a polite, fun, and professional manner. We were so grateful to have him assist us and our photographer with having our families get ready for photos under our trellis (basically getting everyone's attention and on standby).
6. He was diligent with providing the FOB, Bestman, and Maid of Honor with the microphones when needed for their speeches. Our ceremony was setup perfectly with our officiant having a lapel microphone and the reader with a mic stand.
7. James' quote was fair, reasonable, and competitive. We didn't have to put a deposit down for our wedding day, but rather sign an electronic contract for it to be considered "booked" - it made it very convenient!
Overall, we were very pleased with James and his DJ skills! Our friends and families were talking about the music throughout the night and in the weeks after the wedding! We're glad that James could be part of our special day and would welcome the opportunity to work with him again if the opportunity presented itself!