Donna Buja, Wedding Officiant and Celebrant

Worcester area

Serving the Worcester/Central MA area

Working together to create a romantic and memorable wedding ceremony. Formal or casual, the celebration will reflect your love story and create a cherished memory for you and your family and friends.

Commitment Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Leominster, MA Worcester area (978) 582-6801

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Whitney G

Donna was incredible and so helpful in making sure our ceremony was special to our needs. She was always responsive no matter what my issue was. She was personable and always made things heartfelt and more like family. <3

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Nicole R

Donna was amazing! She was so easy to work with and very flexible with our meeting time. The day of the wedding couldn't have been better - she was extremely gracious & professional - she made our ceremony absolutely beautiful! Highly recommend Donna for your officiant!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jen M

Donna is very pleasant and makes everything feel very easy and simple. She explains the whole process and reviews exactly how you want your ceremony to be. Made the whole process feel a lot less stressful than it can be.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Chelsea R

Donna was the best wedding officiant we could have ever asked for. She was amazing all year throughout the whole process of planning, preparing, and thinking about our wedding ceremony and what we wanted. She was accommodating of all of our requests, patient with all of our... Read More questions, and unbelievably easy to communicate with and get in touch with. I knew the day I met her that she was something special and someone who I connected with. Within seconds of meeting her, you feel like you’ve known each other for years. Donna officiated out October 8th, 2016 wedding. During the ceremony she spoke very clearly and projected her voice enough for everyone to hear without a microphone, but also in a warm and inviting manner that made everyone feel comforted and included. She, truly, made our wedding ceremony that much more special and it wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without her there. My husband and I feel so blessed to have had such an amazing person marry us, and we will forever be grateful for everything Donna has done for us.

2016-10-25T04:35:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, it was my honor to officiate your ceremony and I wish you both a life of joy and happiness! Donna

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kira M

Donna did an absolutely outstanding job officiating our wedding! As soon as we met with her we knew she was the right choice. She was able to make our ceremony exactly what we wanted, and the wording was perfect. For both the rehearsal and the day itself, we were so thankful for... Read More her calm reassurance and smiling face. Thank you so much Donna for making our day so amazing!

2016-10-05T06:58:17 Response from the vendor

It was truly my honor to share in your special day and thanks for letting me be a part of it!

The BEST

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Natalia P

With just six months to plan our wedding, my husband and I knew finding the right officiant should be our first order of business. Donna's name came to us by way of a list of recommended vendors from our venue. She invited us into her home and told us a bit about her style and... Read More approach, and looked to learn more about my husband and I so she could personalize our ceremony. From that first meeting, I felt like I had known Donna my whole life. She was warm, caring, and genuinely concerned about making our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be. In the months leading up to the wedding, she checked in regularly to make sure we were working on our vows and that we had secured all necessary documents. The day of our wedding was beautiful and sunny, albeit a bit hot. Not hot enough to be a problem during the ceremony, except that our second shuttle got stuck in traffic and for around 20 minutes half of our guests were baking in the sun at our ceremony site. Donna kept our guests informed of the details of the delay, encouraged folks to get out of their seats to get a drink of iced-tea and lemonade and then was ready to roll as soon as the second shuttle arrived. The ceremony itself was absolutely perfect. Countless guests have remarked since on the simplicity and beauty of Donna's words. She developed a ceremony that was uniquely-us, spiritual, and beautiful. She has a true gift!

Wedding officiant

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Deborah B

Donna was very gracious right from the moment we contacted her. She made us feel very comfortable and guided us through the entire process. She was very organized and made our day just perfect. I would highly recommend her!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

I forget exactly how we found Donna, if it was through The Knot or Wedding Wire or just through googling, but we knew very little about her when we first contacted her. But then she immediately impressed us! Her email communication was excellent, which really put us at ease... Read More as we were planning our wedding from abroad. And it was really important to us that our ceremony wasn't cheesy. We didn't want to tell every detail of our "love story," we just wanted a thoughtful, real, and romantic ceremony, which was also short and sweet so as not to bore our guests while sitting out in the hot sun. Donna knew exactly what we were going for, and was able to work in a few extras that we requested (a very non-religious breaking of the glass per Jewish tradition) and a blessing we found online. My husband and I had also opted not to have a rehearsal before the wedding, because the ceremony site was an hour away from the city, where our guests were staying. But then Donna personally suggested to come visit us when we went to the ceremony site just a couple days before the wedding to drop off materials. Having her walk through what would happen during the ceremony, even if it was just with a small handful of us, was so invaluable. And we never would have done that if not for Donna's wise suggestion and initiative! And before I write a novel here, let me just say that Donna's delivery at the ceremony was flawless. Our guests loved her words, could hear her clearly, and felt the pace was perfect. We got so many compliments on the ceremony and Donna specifically afterwards. I really cannot recommend Donna enough!

2015-08-24T05:38:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words...it was my honour to be a part of your wedding ceremony!

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Nickie G

Donna was amazing! From the moment we met her at her lovely home till the day she married us, Donna was a pleasure to work with! Our ceremony was better then I could ever imagined and Donna made it so much more special with the way she incorporated our personal vows, our... Read More children our religion and our humor into our ceremony.

2015-08-24T05:40:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words...it was my honour to officiate your wedding ceremony!

Perfect Ceremony

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Krista K

Donna did the ceremony for my husband and I and we can't stress enough about how beautiful and perfect it was. She was so professional, RESPONSIVE and made us feel so comfortable. We wanted to incorporate a multitude of things in our ceremony and Donna was SO flexible and... Read More helped us with every step of the process. Our guests are so happy with our ceremony and we couldn't be more pleased! If you are stressed or having doubts about your JP- look no further! Donna is WONDERFUL!!

2015-06-14T18:12:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting me share in your special day!!!

Excellent JP, Wonderful Person

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Jen P

Donna is such a sweet woman. She had us come to her home to meet her and discuss our wedding ceremony. After talking with her for just a few minutes, we felt like we had known her forever. She gives you the option of putting together your own ceremony, with her help, or choosing... Read More one of the ceremonies she has already put together. We chose the pre-written one and tweaked it to fit perfectly for us. Donna was able to come to our rehearsal and made us feel comfortable the day of the wedding. We wrote our own vows and she prepared them on black-backed note cards for us to read off of during the ceremony. She spoke loudly and clearly, and a number of our guests commented on how nicely she officiated our ceremony. Donna always responded to our emails right away and reminded us when to go apply for our wedding license, keeping us on track. We HIGHLY recommend her as a justice of the peace.

2014-10-07T04:36:35 Response from the vendor

Jen and Jarrod, I thank you so much for taking time to give this review. I enjoyed meeting you both and thanks for the honour of letting me share in your day! Donna

Dan and Kinga's Wedding

Reviewed on 9/05/2014

We found Donna Buja to be exceptionally helpful in planning and writing our wedding vows. This was our second marrige and Donna was able to enclude our children in the ceremony bonding our new family together forever. Donna made this a wonderful day and a wonderful experience... Read More for everyone who attended.

2014-09-07T06:03:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to send this...I wish you a life time of joy and happiness! Donna

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Joann L

Donna is wonderful! She is extremely organized and professional. She is always prompt responding to emails, and she makes great suggestions. Additionally, she is very accommodating. She attends and runs rehearsal, and the cost to have her officiate a ceremony is very... Read More reasonable. I'm so glad we chose her!

2014-09-05T04:52:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking time out of your busy day to send this. Much joy and happiness to you both!

Mrs. and Mrs.

Reviewed on 8/30/2014

Donna was the officiant at my wedding in Leominster, Massachnusetts. I wish I could show you the pictures; in every one were are smiling and laughing because it was such a joyful occasion. Donna tailored the ceremony to our exact specifications. We were so taken with her... Read More sincerity and caring nature that we invited her to our wedding dinner. She is just a lovely person and I could not have been more pleased.

2014-09-01T05:46:50 Response from the vendor

It was so much fun meeting you and getting to know you. Let me know when you are back in this area...would love to see you! Thanks for taking the time to do the review!

beautiful, perfect ceremony

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Amy R

My husband and I couldn't of been happier with Donna as our wedding officiant. I must admit, finding an officiant was something I put off, and considering we planned our wedding in only 7 months that didn't leave much time. Donna replied to our email almost immediately and... Read More didn't beat around the bush when it came to pricing (which I noticed MANY do- this can be very frustrating when you have a budget to work around!)For our initially meeting she invited us to her home where she went over everything and asked what we were looking for. I found her to be extremely professional and personable. We are both non religious and were looking for a simple, no frills ceremony, which she was happy to do. Though there was no pressure, we signed a contract with her immediately. Our wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect in ever way. We had compliments on the ceremony and Donna from many if our guests. One even commented that it was the best wedding officiant they had ever seen (and I'd agree!!) I highly recommend Donna as a wedding officiant for your special day!

2014-09-01T05:48:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words and taking time to do this review! Donna

Donna is wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Sarah M

Donna came highly recommended from a few of my mutual friends so I contacted her to inquire if my wedding date was available. She was so sweet over the phone and we kept in touch to line up dates on getting wedding vows done. I met with Donna at her house which was such a warm... Read More and inviting setting. She asked if there was anything in particular I wanted or didn't want in my vows. We aren't overly religious people so we decided to eliminate some wording and add some other things that made it so personalized. My soon to be husband lost a good friend while he was serving in Iraq and I lost my grandfather just days after his friend died. We thought it would be special to have a brief reading done at our ceremony to remember our loved ones who recently passed. Donna was so open to our ideas, made everything so personalized and always had such a great attitude when we met or discussed things over the phone. Our rehearsal was a bit nerve wracking but Donna seemed to calm our nerves by saying just the right things. She had such a glow to her during our ceremony which truly seemed so calming. Anytime a friend or family member gets engaged or asks who we used, we recommend Donna without hesitation. We very much enjoyed having her be a part of our special day!

We loved Donna

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Danielle T

Donna was so amazing. Both my husband and I were very nervous for the ceremony. We wanted it short and sweet, but with meaning and that's exactly what we told Donna. We went to her house to meet her, and it was so relaxed, just what we needed. She gave us a print out on what she... Read More would say, asked about important details and if there was anything we wanted to add in there. We left feeling that this ceremony was going to be perfect for us. Donna did a fantastic job keeping in touch with us before hand, and checking in on paper work for the ceremony. The ceremony went perfectly! She met with my husband right before hand to make sure he knew what to say, since he would be saying his line first. Donna was sweet and comforting. We were so happy that we had chosen her to do our ceremony.

2013-11-19T15:21:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kinds words! It was my honor to officiate your wedding!

FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Kristi L

Donna was amazing! My husband and I felt we had known her our whole lives. She guided us through the ceremony process and gave us some great ideas/readings to look through. She was also very responsive over email, which made her very easy to work with. She made us feel very... Read More comfortable and we couldn't have been happier that we chose her to marry us!

Fairytale Wedding 6/27/08

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 KEILA R

Donna Buja was amazing! She put us at ease right from the first meeting. Her ability to connect with clients is truly a gift. She walked us through the details of our ceremony and was able to perfectly execute all our needs on our special day. The manner in which she presents... Read More herself is professional, caring, and genuine. Without her our ceremony would not have been as special and perfect as it was. She was so amazing that we have gone back to her twice to reside over the blessings of our children after we got married. My only hope is to be able to have her be a part of our own childrens' weddings in the future! She is THAT good! I would whole heartedly recommend her services to anyone wishing to make their special day into the perfect day! Sincerely, Keila & Peter

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Brittany C

My husband and I highly recommend Donna Buja! She married us a month ago and with her help our ceremony was definitely perfected and complete! From the very beginning her demeanor was comforting and welcoming. She made us feel like we have known her our whole lives. Guiding us... Read More throughout the wedding with reminders and help making sure everything went smoothly! We thank her so very much for making our day perfect!

2013-11-12T06:23:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words...the pleasure was all mine!

Donna is Awesomeness Pie!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Jillian O

My husband and I aren't conventional people(we got married in a pool hall), although we wanted some kind of ceremony. Donna was great with giving us options for the ceremony, and didn't stress us out when we really had no idea about what we wanted. We ended up going with a very... Read More simple ceremony, however there wasn't a dry eye in the house! It's a moment we'll never forget. Nothing funky happened, Donna walked us through it, and never left us hanging with what to say, and when. Also- she helped me keep the pace with applying for the marriage license in time! We are super glad Donna married us.

2013-11-06T05:34:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Donna Is Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Kendra N

My husband and I got married in October 2012, and Donna was our officiant. She was absolutely wonderful during the entire planning process. During our first meeting, she had an inspiration binder that helped us choose our favorite wording for each part of our ceremony. She then... Read More worked with us over the next few months to finalize the wording and make it our own special ceremony.(I have to admit, with all the other wedding details, I hadn't thought much about the ceremony itself!). She even sent us friendly reminders about getting our marriage license. Donna made the process so easy for us, during a time that is usually very stressful. She was always ready with a smile and a comforting word. I would gladly recommend Donna Buja as a wedding officiant to anyone planning their wedding.

2013-11-06T05:35:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 Theresa

We met with Donna as well as another officiant when planning our Sept 2013 wedding. She welcomed us into her home and was very warm and genuine. She had a couple of different options for the ceremony and everything was very customizable. We felt comfortable asking her to be our... Read More officiant for the big day. She sent some preliminary ceremony scripts and ideas for our special ceremonies and various edits throughout our engagement. She also reminded us when to apply for a marriage license and was very prompt. She attended our rehearsal and we went over reciting some lines that commonly trip up brides and grooms on the day of. She reminded us to take deep breaths and reassured us that everything would be beautiful. On the day of, the ceremony was short and sweet and exactly what we hoped for. She did at one point say the best man's name during the ceremony leading to some laughter-- it became the running joke that I married the wrong guy for the night. We loved Donna and would recommend her to any bride/groom getting married in the Central MA area!

Donna was fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 Lindsay L

My husband and I live in Texas, yet we were planning our wedding in Massachusetts. I got Donna's name from the venue we were using. After speaking with her once on the phone, I knew I made a great choice to have her perform our ceremony. My husband and I met with her at her... Read More house and immediately got a great vibe. It was very evident she was genuinely excited to meet both of us and be a part of our big day. Donna was so easy to work with- she helped us prepare what she would say on the day of, and even offered to help with other aspects of the wedding. There are lots of details and things to worry about when you're planning a wedding, and with Donna, it was all so easy. We didn't have worry or stress at all. My husband and I highly recommend Donna Buja to officiate your wedding- you will not be disappointed!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Emily B

Donna was the perfect wedding officiant. My husband and I had a small backyard wedding and we were seeking someone who could perform an intimate, spiritual ceremony for our closest friends and family to witness. Her words were heartfelt and meaningful. Even though we had only... Read More met her once, we felt like Donna was family. Donna made my husband and I feel so comfortable from the first meeting. She is a very warm person and I couldn't be happier having chosen her. Donna was also extremely professional and punctual. She was easy to get in touch with, reliable and so helpful in answering all of our questions. Thank you again, Donna!