The Dorian String Quartet

You've spent months planning your wedding, and years dreaming about it. At The Dorian String Quartet, we pride ourselves on working with you every step of the way to create the wedding of your dreams. We believe that wedding music should reflect your style as a couple, and we offer an enormous repertoire of music, from Bach to John Legend, to make that possible. Weddings are once in a lifetime events and we would be honored to provide the music for your incredible day.

Classical, Jazz, Pop, Rock

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Hudson Valley, NY (845) 642-8785

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Valerie V

I always knew I wanted a quartet to play at my wedding ceremony and the Dorian String Quartet was the perfect group for the job. Alexis was a pleasure to work with and offered many suggestions and helpful hints. She sent samples and was willing to learn new things to help... Read More accommodate my ceremony. They played a variety of songs prior to the ceremony that kept the guests entertained and never missed a beat when it was time for the next song to play. I will never forget walking down the aisle to "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars and walking up the aisle as husband and wife to "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. Their renditions of every song were magical and sweetness to the ear. The Dorian String Quartet did an amazing job and helped make my dream a reality!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Alyssa W

My husband and I were married on New Year's Eve and having the Dorian String Quartet play during our ceremony was one of my favorite moments of the whole night. Our guests enjoyed listening to them play while we readied ourselves behind the scenes and the musical selections for... Read More our processional and recessional were incredibly personal and touching. Alexis was a pleasure to work with and incredibly professional. I would recommend them to absolutely everyone.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Mike H

WOW! What an experience having the Dorian String Quartet play our ceremony and cocktail hour. The entire team was super professional, and the music was so beautiful. We requested a favorite song of ours to be played during my Wife's entrance, and they had no trouble learning... Read More and playing it to perfection. Special shout-out to Alexis, who was my main point of contact throughout the process - You were lovely!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Eric F

We had the Dorian String Quartet play at our recent September wedding, and it was perfect! Alexis was very responsive and pleasant to work with, and she took the time to schedule a call with us to talk about our ceremony and the types of songs we wanted played. I highly... Read More recommend going with this group. They have a wonderful range of music selections (we went with more contemporary songs for our wedding, but there are many classics to choose from as well). They also do a beautiful Pachobel canon, a wedding classic and my personal favorite! Very professional and overall a great experience.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Patricia P

We hired the Dorian Quartet after being highly recommended by a colleague of mine. With the expertise and guidance of Alexis, who provided a string trio and a vocalist for the Church Ceremony, our daughter’s wedding was what we always dreamed of and better! My daughter and her... Read More father, walked down the aisle to “Con Te Partiro”, which took our breathe away. At the conclusion of the wedding, they performed “From the Ground Up” which they had to learn. They sang and played both songs beautifully. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kim S

The Dorian String Quartet was one of the best decisions we made. We selected a sampling of the classics as guests arrived and during the ceremony, but had the more fun adaptations of more current songs during our cocktail hour. People honestly came up to me and said how classy... Read More they felt listening to a live string quartet. Alex was nothing but professional and courteous. A dream to work with throughout the process.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kimberly E

We had the Dorian quartet play at our wedding and they were professional and played beautifully. We were able to customise the songs we wanted them to play and it was just what we were looking for. I highly recommend using them if you're looking for someone to play at your... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Timothy O

We hired the quarter for our outdoor wedding and our cocktail hours. They have a listing of, and play a mix of classical wedding/ceremony music and modern music. Alexis was helpful the entire way. Any time I had a question I could email her and she would get right back to me.... Read More We asked them to learn two songs (for a fee) and they nailed them...."Yellow" by Coldplay and "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. I (the Groom) almost completely lost it 4 seconds into Yellow when they started playing (bridesmaids entrance). It was really well done. They also played our cocktail hour (also outside) and were wonderful. All in all a wonderful quartet who played beautiful music and were nothing but helpful along the way.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kristen M

We had the trio play at our ceremony and cocktail hour this weekend, and we are so glad we decided to book them! Alexis was extremely professional and easy to work with in the booking/coordinating process, and having live musicians part of our day was very special. Many guests... Read More commented on how great they sounded. We even had a very last minute change to the ceremony music which they handled with no problem. I would highly recommend the Dorian String Quartet for a special addition to any wedding!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Sera L

Alexis was so easy to work with and always responded to my emails so quickly! The music was beautiful and they were extremely professional. Everyone said it was great entertainment while they were waiting!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Julia N

Out of all the vendors I worked with for my wedding in September, Alexis and the Dorian Quartet were simply the easiest to communicate with and provided our ceremony with the perfect touch. They made sure that they knew the cues, and even spoke with the officiant to make sure... Read More things went smoothly. They also accompanied our cocktail hour with a lot of modern & popular music. We received so many complements from our guests! They even played our requests! Thanks so much for making our memorable day that much more. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Theresa G

We had a trio of musicians from the Dorian String Quartet play music for our wedding ceremony. They had a large selection of both contemporary and classical songs for us to choose from for the processional and recessional, which allowed us to customize our ceremony exactly how... Read More we liked it. We also asked them in advance to arrange my favorite song to play as I walked down the aisle. I was blown away by the amazing job that they did and could have not asked for a more beautiful or unique way to walk down the aisle. We received many compliments from our guests on the gorgeous music during the ceremony. It really made the ceremony feel magical! As a plus, Alexis is very organized, responsive and easy to reach via email, which made the planning process very smooth. I would absolutely recommend the Dorian String Quartet to anyone who wants contemporary or classical string music for their wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Rivka N

We were married at Le Chambord under their outside covered pavilion and really loved the Dorian String Quartet! We had two songs that we wanted them to arrange for a very fair price and they turned out perfectly. They brought a classical yet modern feel to our wedding and... Read More despite my reluctance to have a string quartet (it was my mother who wanted one), I was so grateful that we had it. Our guests were very impressed. If you are on the fence about a string quartet, I would urge you to add it to your budget and make sure you use the Dorian String Quartet!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Aliza F

It was a pleasure working with the Dorian Quartet at our recent wedding! All my interactions and email exchanges with Alexis were professional and organized! We even commissioned two songs to be played at our wedding and they did NOT disappoint! All our friends and family... Read More commented on how great they sounded during our ceremony. Don't hesitate to contact them for your next occasion!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 William S

Our wedding was a dream and the Dorian String Quartet played an extra significant role on our most special day. We booked them a week after getting engaged. Alexis responded within the hour. The quartet has years of experience and plays all over the tri-state area. We were... Read More married an hour from New York City in northern NJ in a garden setting at a family property. The music choices offered are special and will pull the strings of your guests heart. During our ceremony we asked them to play Con Te Partiro and Wonderful World and it was magical. Highly recommended to all!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Caitlin J

I used the Dorian String Quartet for my ceremony and cocktail hour earlier this month. We were indecisive if we wanted live music or a DJ at our wedding, so the compromise was the quartet, and then a DJ for the reception. Dorian String Quartet did a great job! They arrived... Read More promptly and began setting up without needing to ask me or my bridal party for any assistance. I had requested a few special songs to be played (which they had no problem accommodating) and they did a perfect job with them all. The transition from ceremony to cocktail hour was seamless and hearing the quartet in the background was beautiful. I had several guests ask me if they were staying the entire night and, if not, the DJ was going to have a lot to live up to! I would recommend Dorian String Quartet to any bride!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

My husband and I got married at the Glen Island Harbour Club. Everything was spectacular. The Dorian String Quartet added to our special night. They made everything so easy and were so accommodating. They made our ceremony so amazing and the guest raved about them!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Lindsay B

The Dorian String Quartet was the perfect addition to our ceremony and cocktail hour. Alexis was very professional and easy to work with! The Quartet is extremely talented and our guests loved listening to their music. They have a wide variety of song selections and chose the... Read More perfect selection of songs to play during our cocktail hour. We definitely recommend using them at your upcoming wedding or event!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Courtney M

The Dorian String Quartet was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. Alexis and her team worked closely with me from the moment I inquired about their services to make sure that we were getting exactly what we wanted for music. We hired them for both our ceremony... Read More and our cocktail hour and it was worth every penny! It added an extra touch of elegance and romance to what was already a special day and really wowed our guests away. We were getting positive feedback about the music all night! What I loved most about working with them was how easy Alexis made it. She was always quick to respond to any of my questions and was very flexible about music options. For a small fee, the quartet even learned a new song of my choice and it was incredible. If you are looking for live musicians for the Hudson Valley area you MUST look into this group. Their music samples were what pulled us in first, but hearing them live was beyond even what we had imagined. Seriously, I cannot say enough nice things about this group, their professionalism and how they just put me at ease about my ceremony music. I did not have to worry about one thing. Alexis worked closely with our officiant and wedding party to make sure the timing was on point. I owe them a million thanks for such an excellent job!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jason E

Hiring the Dorian String Quartet for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made as a couple! Their music was literally breathtakingly beautiful and we continue to get compliments from our guests. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Samantha

We hired the Dorian String Quartet for our daughter's wedding ceremony and the following cocktail hour, and we were so pleased with their performance. Alexis was so easy to communicate with, and we were able to put together the perfect ceremony music for our daughter's special... Read More day. The cocktail hour was wonderful too! They had such a good selection that our guests kept complimenting us on the music! I'd recommend Dorian Quartet to anyone looking for a professional and elegant experience! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 victoria p

The Dorian String Quartet was the perfect finishing touch on my perfect wedding day. Alexis was a pleasure to work with from the very start and all my guests loved hearing them play during our champagne greeting. I always dreamed of having a quartet play during my walk down the... Read More aisle with my father by my side, and this moment was everything I ever hoped for and more. Beautiful, elegant, timeless. I cannot thank the Dorian String Quartet enough!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Jessica G

My husband and I got married at West Hills Country Club in Middletown, NY in August. Booking with The Dorian String Quartet was by far one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. I've always dreamed of having a string quartet on my big day and the Dorian String Quartet did... Read More not disappoint. From the moment I expressed interest, I felt like a valued client. I received an immediate response and anytime I had a question or request, I was answered quickly and with pleasure. We received the musical selections cd and was so impressed with the variety of choices offered (both classical and contemporary). Once our musical selections were made, Alexis took the time to reach out and check in with us prior to our wedding to confirm all of our final details for our big day. Unfortunately, I was whisked away after my ceremony for photos. I never got a chance to express to the Dorian String how much their beautiful performance meant to me. Every song was absolutely perfect and everything I could have ever dreamed of. My guests could not stop raving about the amazing sounds of the quartet and how that was by far their favorite part of our ceremony. The Dorian String Quartet was an absolute pleasure to work with and I'm so happy they were apart of one of the most important days of my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Stacie M

The Dorian String Quartet aided such a classy touch to my ceremony. Before I even walked down the aisle, my husband was tearing up at their rendition of "A Thousand Years." Our first kiss was extra spectacular due to their version of "Don't Stop Believing." And of course, our... Read More guests raved when the quartet played "Game of Thrones" during our cocktail hour. The quartet is professional, beautiful, and is a great addition to any wedding/event. We were thrilled.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Brian F

Amazing Ceremony! the Dorian String Quartet were incredible. they made our ceremony truly magical. Their timing was perfect and song selections they chose were perfect. They also paid attention to play our requests at the proper points of the wedding. Highly recommend them!