Guitarist for Weddings, Corporate Events, Parties

Doug Anthony is a versatile solo acoustic guitarist and wedding guitarist with decades of performance experience and five star reviews on Gigmasters, The Knot, Wedding Wire and Gigsalad. He performs for any type of event including corporate events, wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, receptions and private parties and specializes in music from such artists as The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Elton John, Nat King Cole, Merle Haggard, Billie Holiday, Bill Withers, Willie Nelson, Gipsy Kings, Johhny Cash, Louis Armstrong and more.

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Austin, TX Texas (512) 837-7913

Reviewed on 4/11/2018

Doug is an excellent musician and I highly recommend him! He played the ceremony music at both my son's Sept. 2016 and my daughter's April 2018 weddings. His song selections are perfect and the acoustic guitar melodies are beautiful. He was on time and prepared at both weddings.... Read More Although both weddings were outdoors, we had an unexpected temperature drop to the 40s at my daughter's recent April wedding. It was not exactly the Spring day we had envisioned, but Doug was a real trooper and played beautifully even in the frigid temps. He continued to play for the cocktail hour following the ceremony as planned, even though the guests moved inside due to the weather. My daughter and new son-in-law enjoyed the background music as they continued taking photos, but my sincere apologies to Doug for not noticing and suggesting he end early or move inside. He is a true professional and I hope to have the opportunity to enjoy his music again in the future.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Lauren L

Doug played the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He did an amazing job! He was also very responsive and helpful along the way. I was not sure what songs I wanted and he was very good at offering suggestions. The guests really enjoyed his music! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Mandy P

I cannot day enough great things about Doug. He was professional, laid back and easy to work with from the planning stages all the way through the wedding day! He played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and we received many many compliments about how wonderful his music... Read More was. We would definitely recommend Doug!

2017-12-05T21:21:15 Response from the vendor

You are very kind! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Michelle M

He played during our ceremony and did an AMAZING job, the music was beautiful and everyone kept saying how much they loved it. We are both very happy to have found him to play at our wedding, I could not have imagined it any other way.

2017-12-05T21:20:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! It was my pleasure!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Rachel B

He was great! Book him!

2017-11-30T10:15:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Jennifer N

Five stars all the way. I could not recommend Doug Anthony more highly. He is incredibly talented and also wonderful to work with. I was planning my wedding from afar and I really appreciated how responsive and communicative he was. He played our ceremony and also during our... Read More dinner. Both were just perfect. Doug was a total professional from start to finish. If beautiful music is important to you and you want someone easy to work with, this is your guy. I would hire him again in a second.

2017-11-29T17:29:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Nakisha C

Having Doug as our wedding ceremony musician was the best decision! We heard him perform at a friend's wedding, and knew we wanted that elegant charm of acoustic guitar for our special day! Doug is a very nice and talented musician and I whole-heartedly recommend his services... Read More for your wedding or special ceremony. Bravo!

2017-11-29T14:31:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Ashley L

Doug was recommended to us by our wedding officiant. After reading his reviews we decided to contact him. His diverse playlist of songs ranged from Amazing Grace to music by Led Zeppelin. He played each song that we chose so beautifully. His music was the perfect addition to... Read More our small ceremony. Doug is professional, easy to work with and accommodating. We are so glad we chose him as our guitarist. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a musician and we would chose him again to play at any of our special events.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Jennifer P

Easy and professional to work with, very responsive. Doug Anthony helped make our wedding even more enjoyable for our guest!

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Jessica L

Very professional, quick to respond, and knows how to read the guest/audience. I would absolutely recommend Doug Anthony to be apart of your wedding! He will not let you down!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Ashley V

Doug is AMAZING!! I live in Houston but I got married at Chapel Dulcinea in Austin on Feb. 18, 2017 and just a couple months before the wedding my music plan for the ceremony fell through. I found Doug on Gig Masters and he replied to my MULTIPLE emails promptly and answered my... Read More MILLION questions (yes, I’m that annoying bride lol) Doug didn’t make me feel like a burden at all though. So let’s fast forward to the Big Day…. I barely emailed him that morning to tell him what song I wanted to walk down to since I was having a hard time to decide which wasn’t a problem for him at all! He had me pay my balance via paypal while I was getting ready which was super fast and easy and I didn’t have to worry about doing the transaction at the wedding venue in front of our guests. There’s a long trail before you get to the chapel and I couldn’t see anything or anyone..but I could HEAR the music and it was so soft, romantic and lovely and that’s when everything got REAL and exciting for me. He was absolutely perfect and he sat in the corner (dressed very nicely btw..) where he can still be seen and heard but not take the spotlight (duh, that’s my job lol) Planning a wedding out of town is hard already and I was so stressed about every single detail…but not about Doug. He was the least of my worries. He answered my questions, I paid him, and he got there and immediately set up.. simple as that! I am so glad I found him and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! Sorry of the long review…the experience was just so perfect that I had to explain!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Alexa G

First of all, I'd like to say that we were planning our wedding from 375 miles away. We didn't even meet Doug until the big day. We communicated entirely via email, yet never once did I have a worry about Doug! He provided pre-ceremony and cocktail hour music for our small,... Read More outdoor wedding. He was super easy and pleasant to work with! I think the moment he stepped on the property, he knew the vibe we were going for. He achieved that and more! I highly recommend him for any size wedding or event, as he knows his craft well and will take care of providing a great musical atmosphere. Thank you so much, Doug!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Jennifer M

Doug played at our wedding ceremony in October 2016. He has a wonderful talent with the acoustic guitar. We had an outdoor ceremony so we thought it best to have an acoustic guitarist play. From Doug’s list of music, we chose a few key songs but let him choose the rest by... Read More reading our guests. When his song list didn’t include the song we had wanted as the recessional, he offered to learn it. He was quick with correspondence via email and flexible when it came to scheduling. His professionalism and talent made him a great choice for our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Melissa K

Doug was timely, easy to contact and flexible. His contract was accurate & straight forward. We booked him about a few months or less prior to our wedding event and luckily had the pleasure of his musicianship attend & serenade us! He kept us informed when he receieved our... Read More mailed items (contract & deposit) & when it got closer to the event date, he checked in by confirming the date, his time of arrival to include set up, and to make sure the same plans were in place regarding a requested song off his playlist as well as a few select songs to play for the ceremony. Upon wedding day, he arrived on time, at the time he stated he would, and easily fit in by setting up his equipment. We had extra chairs available for him, if needed, but he had his own-prepared and self sufficient. Our ceremony was outdoors while our reception was indoors to which Doug easily transitioned from each area, even fitting in a small nook of our living room without batting an eye! We asked him to choose the majority of the playlist with the exception of a special request made in previous contacts & particular ceremony songs. He willingly learned the special request song and played it to our family's joy during the reception. His go with the flow style was perfect for the relaxed environment we wanted to create. His song selections & acoustic skills felt and sounded natural. Thank you, Doug for your professionalism. You were worth every penny =] We would gladly recommend you to anybody!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Laina H

Doug was awesome to work with and made my wedding day extra special with his beautiful music. He is very fast to respond, was super nice when I requested a few changes, and made sure that I was completely happy. Doug made great recommendations for songs and everything sounded... Read More awesome. Thanks Doug!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Doug was a perfect choice for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I chose the ceremony songs based on his recommendations (he made it so easy for me since I had no clue), and then I let him pick everything else for the cocktail hour and reception. I had my concerns about... Read More what songs might be played or if people would get tired of hearing the guitar for so long (we did not book a band). All of his song choices were perfect, very pleasant and the guitar playing did not get old at all. I couldn't be happier that we used him for the wedding. Everyone else enjoyed his music, as well. I will absolutely recommend him to anyone in the future.

2016-06-23T10:36:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you kindly! It was my pleasure to perform for you!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Sandy H

We used Doug for my daughter's ceremony and reception. He could not have been easier to deal with. He made selecting music so easy! He gave my daughter a list of options and helped her pare that down quickly. The music was beautiful and just what we hoped for. Could not... Read More have asked for better!

2016-06-16T11:40:39 Response from the vendor

That's very kind of you! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Nicole N

I had a very simple ceremony at Chapel Dulcinea a few weeks ago and hired Doug as my musician. He was simply amazing! I corresponded with him via email prior to the wedding date and arranged everything. He was very flexible and timely. I didn't get the chance to even properly... Read More meet him until after the ceremony, but all of my guests loved his playing! Definitely made the day perfect!

2016-06-16T11:39:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! Have a great summer!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Abby S

We loved having Doug play the music for our wedding ceremony. The single guitar playing "Canon in D" by Pachelbel and the "Bridal Chorus" by Wagner, brought people to happy tears! It was beautiful. Highly recommend!

2016-05-30T11:11:55 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

Doug was wonderful at our wedding. Our guests enjoyed his guitar playing so much. He really set a great tone and ambience for the ceremony and cocktail hour. He is very easy to work with and super easy to communicate with. I recommend him for any event!

2016-04-29T09:57:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I appreciate it! All the best to you!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Kelsey C

Doug played cocktail hour for my wedding rehearsal dinner at Parkside and did a wonderful job! He was extremely responsive and prompt throughout the planning process and played beautiful music at our event. It was lively but very appropriate - it totally set our dinner apart... Read More and we received so many compliments.

2016-04-28T18:28:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! All the best! Doug

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Amy M

Doug Anthony is an amazing musician. He was incredibly flexible with our last minute planning and he helped us pick the perfect music to play during our ceremony. Everyone enjoyed listening to him play (and taking pictures of him with the guitar). :-) If you are looking for... Read More a musician to play at your wedding, he is your guy.

2016-05-30T11:11:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You are very kind!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016 Allyson G

We found Doug through a friend who recently got married and suggested him. Doug is very responsive to emails and very flexible to work with. He did a great job playing at our morning ceremony, and even came up afterwards to congratulate us before leaving. I also like his song... Read More selections...we used "Ripple" by the Grateful Dead for our processional music. I would definitely suggest Doug for ceremony and reception music at your wedding!

2016-05-30T11:13:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! Best of luck to you!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Sarah L

Doug did an exceptional job at our wedding reception. We received positive feedback from our guests. They were impressed with Doug's talent and professionalism. He was an essential component to our event filling the room with warmth and joy during the holiday season. I would... Read More definitely recommend his services for your event. -George C.

great

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Julia M

He was great! he played during our ceremony and it was perfect. Easy to work with and even added songs that I asked for.

Doug Anthony

I have been performing for 35 years and I still love what I do. I am a full time musician and I perform regularly for private events. Even though I have been playing the guitar for so long there is still so much to learn. I enjoy the process of learning new things and improving on what I already know. There are endless ways you can play a song and there are so many good songs to play. I was born in 1966 so I am heavily influenced by the music around that era which explains The Beatles, Stevie Wonder and The Great American Songbook. I have lived in Austin since 1989 so I have watched it grow t