Douglas Entrance

Coral Gables, FL

Book Your Wedding with Douglas Entrance

A HISTORIC VENUE IN CORAL GABLES, FL

If you're searching for a south Florida wedding venue with timeless charm, the 1920s-era Douglas Entrance Office Parc makes a surprisingly good choice. Located in upscale Coral Gables, this Spanish-style building features a cream-colored facade, accented by forest-green awnings that complement the striking palm trees and lush landscaping.

Douglas Entrance offers cocktail hour, wedding ceremony and reception venues. In good weather, the facility's plaza provides an ideal backdrop for cocktail hour, although the event easily moves to an inside terrace if Florida's frequent rains threaten a washout.

Plaza Fountain. Many couples choose Douglas Entrance's stunning plaza fountain for their ceremony venue. During the daytime, the fountain provides a refreshing counterpoint to Florida's often-steamy weather. When the sun goes down, the fountain's gorgeous multicolored lights give the plaza an almost-magical glow.

Grand Ballroom. This third-floor reception venue is the definition of vintage elegance. Located at the top of a stunning double staircase, this carpeted space features a muted pastel decor, soaring ceilings and strategically placed wall lighting. This space has a maximum occupancy of 250 guests.

Please note that your venue reservation only applies to wedding-day events. In other words, start scouting area restaurants that present an appropriate venue for your rehearsal dinner. Of course, tasting each restaurant's cuisine beforehand helps you make the best decision.

To reserve Douglas Entrance for your wedding and reception, contact the facility's helpful events coordinator via telephone. Besides executing the venue reservation, he assists you with vendor coordination and logistics, greatly minimizing your stress level so you enjoy your wedding day.

When making your reservation, note that the venue price fluctuates according to the time of year and even by the month. In addition, weekend weddings are very popular, so book far in advance for a Saturday or Sunday event.

Please note that Douglas Entrance doesn't have an on-site kitchen, which means that your reception caterer must handle the event as a standalone affair.

While your Douglas Entrance wedding joyfully celebrates your relationship, enjoy three extra perks that make this venue especially desirable.

• Enjoy exclusive use of the venue on your wedding day
  • Benefit from multiple wedding photograph locations
  • Relax in a pre-wedding changing room

Douglas Entrance

In a place where old-world charm and elegance come together, Douglas Entrance is a "one-of-a-kind" location to host your wedding ceremony and reception. This historic landmark was built in 1927, and its original gateway marks the northeast entrance to George E. Merricks, "City Beautiful," Coral Gabl

Historic Venue

804 S Douglas Rd Ste 560, Coral Gables, FL (305) 448-1195

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Marcella E

This venue was fantastic!! If you like old romantic vintage charm, this is the place!! It is beautiful with high ceilings and fits many guests without feelings crammed.

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Maribeth L

This was a Picture Perfect Venue location. Beautiful and Old World. Lovely!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Yeimis P

This place is amazing. We were able to get ready there and take great photos. The fountain was a gorgeous backdrop to our ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Stephanie V

I booked this location for my wedding. The entire experience was a breeze, management was responsive and the location was beautiful. The weather was good enough (in May!) to have the ceremony in front of the fountain and it came out amazing. Now, the reason for only 3 stars: 1... Read More star knocked off: The location advertises that it has a capacity of 200 people. There is NO way that this could happen. MAYBE if it was standing room only--but definitely not with tables. I had 160 guests and it was a bit tight. So tight that half of one table had to stand in order for the bridal party, the groom and myself to make our way to the dance floor for our entrance. That was kind of embarrassing but it didn't ruin the night... I would say an ideal number would be NO MORE than 150. 2nd star knocked off: We rented the mahogany chairs and cushions from the Douglas Entrance. THANK GOODNESS my florist pays attention to detail. The cushions were FILTHY. Some even had mold on them. DISGUSTING. My father called management and requested they change all the cushions, which they did replace.. otherwise this would have a much lower star rating. So if you are planning to book or have already booked keep in mind: try to keep under 150. 160 WAS doable but again, just a smidge too tight. And 2, if you are renting chairs, make sure to have someone inspect them for you on the day of the wedding. Otherwise, everything went off without a hitch and we were happy with our experience.

My wedding day venue and ceremony site

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 cathy u

This was a bit tricky when planning my wedding. I wanted a place that would let me decorate as I wished and use my own vendors. Luckily I found this place, Raul was great and it includes free parking for your guests. The venue has its years, few things they need to remodel like... Read More the dance floor and the kitchen. But other than that my wedding came out beautiful.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Yesenia M

This venue is so beautiful and perfect for transitional, glamours weddings! My wedding theme was vintage glam and this venue matched perfectly. The space included the reception inside, cocktail hour outside with a beautiful water fountain, and wedding party room. The reception... Read More space is big enough for 250 however my wedding was about 110 and we were comfortable with enough space to dance, move around, have a photo booth, coffee station, bar, and midnight snack station. What I loved about this venue is that everything is yours on the day of and you don't share the venue with any other weddings. This venue is truly a castle! With stair cases, decor, and chandeliers galore. If I had to say a downfall it would be that the catering would have to be sent in because they don't have a kitchen. Beautiful place to celebrate your wedding though!

Gorgeous venue location!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Lissette B

We had our wedding at the Douglas Entrance and it was amazing. Their pricing varies depending on the month and time of year. So be sure to get the price for the specific weekend/day you are interested in. Raul was always very quick to call you back and give you whatever... Read More information you need. The space is huge and unique. The ceiling is gorgeous. The layout is perfect. The fountain outside is beautiful at night! So many beautiful spots to take pictures! Best part is that you have the entire location to yourself. You don't have to worry about sharing the space with another wedding. Parking is included and there is plenty of space.

Magical!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Lizette P

We had our wedding at Douglas Entrance this past March. We couldn't have asked for more. Everything was gorgeous! We had the ceremony outside, along with the cocktail hour. The reception was in the ballroom upstairs. The people at Douglas were wonderful. They were patient... Read More and they had answers to all our questions. This day was perfect, and we must thank Douglas Entrance for this. Lizette and Ariel

Beautiful

Reviewed on 12/24/2012 Cassandra C

Beautiful venue. Working with Raul was lovely. Such a nice and patient man. Leading up to the wedding, I emailed him almost every week with so many questions ( I was a nervous wreck!), and he always responded so quickly & nicely. The venue itself is gorgeous. The staircase, the... Read More ball room, the fountain..breathtaking. They have a bridal room which is a plus. Beautiful venue at a reasonable price.

Perfect Setting

Reviewed on 12/23/2012 christine s

The Douglas Entrance is a historic site in Coral Gables Fl. It has the grand ballroom with magnificent ceilings and large lite fountain out front in the center of the plaza that can even play music! The setting was a perfect backdrop for our ceremony and reception. The only... Read More reason it didn't get 5 out or 5 starts is that you cant have your rehearsal there since you only book it for your special day. Plan in advance the weekend dates go really fast.

venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2012 Cristina M

Douglas Entrance is a beutiful location. Raul is the sweetest. My cocktail hour was in the outside by the fountain but if it rains they also have an inside terrace where it can be located. The ballroom is in the third floor. It has beautiful ceiling architecture and spacious. It... Read More has another room where ceremonies are sometimes held.

Castle

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Rachel A

This was the perfect venue for our spring nuptials, which we used for both our outdoor ceremony and reception. Raul, the venue coordinator is amazing and made himself available to answer all our questions and concerns. The natural beauty of this hidden, historic landmark is... Read More reminiscent of a castle and inspired many of our best photos (high, vaulted ceilings, gorgeous staircase with the chandelier, outdoor fountain). The only caution is with regard to space. Despite appearances and advertisement as a venue for up to 220, it was just short of tight for our 135 guests. And while an all in one shot is a dream, in terms of managing traffic, I would advice having the ceremony in a second location.

Perfect

Reviewed on 5/09/2012 Damaris V

I got a lot of feedback on beautiful everyone thought my reception place was. Raul is great to work with and answers emails/phone calls right away.

Awesome Venue, great price!!!!

Reviewed on 3/13/2012 Marlene O

Raul is really nice, he's very accomodating and you cant beat the price for what you're getting. I would recommend all brides go see this venue before they make a decision.