"Classy, Dynamic Variety Band for all Genres"

Downtime is a professional band in which each member has more than 10 years of performing experience. We play at weddings, corporate events and private parties. Being based out of St. Louis, allows us to travel throughout the Midwest very easily.

Country, Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

PO Box 435060, Saint Louis, MO Nationwide (314) 452-2848

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kara E

If you're on the fence about booking the Downtime Band, do it right now! You will not regret it. They are amazing. Jon is fantastic at communicating and was one of the easiest vendors to work with. Everyone at our wedding loved the band, including my husband and myself. We... Read More don't even know how long we danced because one song led right into another. I felt like they went above and beyond our expectations, making everything so easy. They are absolute pros and I would recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome wedding band.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Abbey H

We LOVED having Downtime Band play at our wedding reception at the Missouri Athletic Club. We would highly recommend them for your wedding (or any event!). Jon was so great to work with prior to the wedding. He was always responsive and willing to help with any questions we had.... Read More The band was so fun during the reception. Both my husband and I had a blast at our wedding and never wanted to leave the dance floor because they played the best songs. The band sounded great playing a wide variety of music genres to keep all age ranges engaged. We were so happy we went with Downtime!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ashley E

Downtime Band was the perfect entertainment and complement to our wedding reception! They provided perfect background music with a jazz trio during cocktails, piano music during dinner and the full ensemble for dancing. Jon was very responsive and wonderful to work with... Read More throughout the planning process. We provided very little direction and they read the atmosphere and guests perfectly. Following our wedding we have even received comments from guest on how much they enjoyed Downtime. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Hannah P

I can't say enough good things about Downtime Band! From the start, the coordination with Jon was seamless, even when we had some specific requests for our first dance. At the reception, they made sure to keep on schedule, even when we got carried away talking to people. Our... Read More dance floor was packed nonstop until the last song. They made sure to perform our requested songs and did such a phenomenal job. We had and still have so many guests raving about the band. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017

The BEST!!! 10 stars! We knew we wanted Downtime after dancing all night with them at a friend's wedding. I would contact them as soon as possible for your event date....you will be sad if you can't book them! Promise. Jon was great to work with. Quick to respond to questions,... Read More so fun and always professional. The entire band was everything we wanted and beyond so! Our guests are still raving about how awesome they were. I can't wait until I see them again.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Judy B

We really feel that the band sets the pace for the entire evening. And Downtime REALLY made our wedding INCREDIBLE!!! From the very first moment, Jon took control and we were completely relaxed and able to enjoy the party to the fullest extent. He even provided the ceremony... Read More music. The band's energy at the reception was completely contagious and everyone stayed on the dance floor the whole night. Jon is so easy to work with and I recommend him and Downtime with complete confidence. We will definitely hire them again for our next celebration.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kyle Lauren B

Downtime Band was awesome! As soon as they started playing the dance floor was packed. Our family and guest danced all night long and they are still talking about how much fun they had dancing. They were so easy to work with through the entire process.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Katie N

I am still getting compliments about Downtime from our wedding in June of this year! Everyone from my grandparents to college aged people. We didn't give them very much direction at all - trusted the experts and are so happy that we did! They were so easy to work with!! The... Read More music was so fun and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. My husband was brought to tears at the end of the night; we didn't want the music to end! Would recommend them for any kind of event! Please reach out to me if you have any other questions on working with them. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alyssa H

THIS BAND IS AWESOME!!! We had them for our wedding reception in April of 2016 and they greatly exceeded my expectations! They were so flexible with us the night of our wedding! They even learned our first dance song (Die a Happy Man - Thomas Rhett) and NAILED IT!!! and Jon was... Read More SO SO easy to coordinate everything with!! My husband and I and all of our guests were having such an awesome time that we wanted to extend our reception and they happily stayed an extra hour and played for us!! They definitely went over and above!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah W

AMAZING!!! Downtime band was incredible and kept my dance floor packed. They played a variety of music that appealed to all guests and kept the crowd going all evening. Jon was very responsive, organized, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We highly recommend this... Read More vendor!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kathleen R

We absolutely loved Downtime band! We could not have been happier with Jon's attention to detail, ability to help with any request, response time, and of course, the music! Our guests were amazed at the breadth of range, the talent, and the nonstop music. Our goal for the... Read More reception was to have an unbelievably fun night, and Downtime made that happen. Definitely the best decision we made in the planning process. Would recommend them to anyone and rehire in a second.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Amy B

We absolutely loved the Downtime Band! Our guests loved them too - we received so many compliments on how great the band was. They are incredibly professional and easy to work with. Plus, they kept the energy level high throughout the reception that most of our guests stayed... Read More until the very end which was a lot of fun! I definitely recommend them for any reception or event! I'm so glad we chose the Downtime Band! Our reception wouldn't have been as much fun without them!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Ashley H

We would pick Downtime every time if we had to do it over again. They were such a great time and our guests LOVED them! They learned 2 songs for our big day and they exceeded any expectations we had. We also had one of the band members play the piano at our wedding ceremony... Read More and he did such a beautiful job. Jon was wonderful to work with and we could not have been happier with their services. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome band for their big day!! Thank you so very much!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Ellen K

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have Downtime Band perform at our wedding reception. From the initial contract through the final song, everything went very smoothly. Jon was very organized, easy to work with and very professional at all times. Throughout the evening... Read More and the weeks following, we received MANY compliments from our guests regarding Downtime Band. It's a true testament to the band that our dance floor was packed all night and up to the conclusion of the final song. My wife planned and executed a perfect surprise at the beginning of the reception by singing a song to me. Jon went above and beyond to obtain her guitar, tune it and have it ready for her. This is just one example of their commitment to us. The music was excellent, and the energy was high through the last song. Thank you to Downtime Band for your help in making our wedding reception very special! We most definitely recommend Downtime to anyone that is considering.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Downtime band was such a hit at our wedding! Everyone kept approaching my husband and I to compliment us on the band. One of my great aunts said she normally leaves around 9, but stayed until 11 because she loved the band so much! They also were very accommodating when we asked... Read More them to do a dance including only married couples the night of the wedding. The could have easily said no but were gracious enough to accommodate this last minute request. It turned out to be a great hit and we were able to see my great aunt and uncle on the dance floor dancing and celebrating 67 years of marriage. The music was fantastic and totally set the atmosphere and mood of our wedding. Jon was incredibly helpful and answered all of our questions and also helped us with suggestions of when to cut the cake, throw the garter, etc. Since this is the first (and hopefully last) time my husband and I will be married we needed some help learning the ropes and Jon was there to answer any questions we had. Their website was also great. The song list made it easy to figure out what songs we wanted for different parts of the reception and the promotional video was a great tool. It allowed us not only to discover what the band had to offer, but to show off to our friends before the wedding to give them a little taste of what our reception would be like. The only problem is that their promotional video just doesn’t do justice to how great they really are, but you just have to see them in person to find that out! Overall, they enhanced our wedding day and we were so happy that we chose them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Natasha S

I cannot say enough amazing things about Downtime! Not only is Jon absolutely awesome to work with (plus, he responds to emails with lighting speed- which was especially amazing given that we live on the East Coast and were planning our wedding remotely), but the band itself... Read More was so talented it was ridiculous! Picking our band was probably the most important wedding decision for us and we read reviews/watched videos for about 15 other local bands before making our decision. Hands down, Downtime is the absolute best. They are surprisingly reasonably priced, but more importantly, are just hugely talented musicians. The two main vocalists (one male and one female) were ABSOLUTELY amazing and people were commenting all night about how incredible they sounded. When we started our first dance (the first vocal song of the night), we both looked at each other and immediately said: "wow, they are REALLY REALLY good." I was so worried about having a cheesy "wedding band" but Downtime could not be further from that. They are an incredible, talented, energetic group of musicians who (luckily) perform at weddings. Definitely the best decision we could have made. Thank you, Jon and Downtime for making our wedding so amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie K

Great band! They did an amazing job learning the songs we requested and had everyone dancing all night. Easy to work with and very knowledgable with the timing and process of the whole wedding evening.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Jen L

We used Downtime for our wedding for this past summer and they were FABULOUS! We wanted lots of time for dancing and a packed dance floor all night and that's what we got. They were excellent to work with, easy to get in contact with throughout our planning, and very reliable.... Read More Our guests were very complimentary, as well. We definitely recommend Downtime!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Elizabeth K

Incredible band. Our guests raved about them. We are so happy with our decision and grateful to them for making our evening flawless.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Katy M

Our experience with Downtime Band was seamless, stress free and fun. Jon was wonderful to work with and was very attentive to our requests. The band was exactly as advertised - uber talented, high energy and great at reading the crowd. They set the perfect vibe for our special... Read More day and we highly recommend them for yours!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Kendell S

Downtime Productions was recommended by our wedding planner and we were not disappointed! The band is very versatile and extremely likable. Jon was by far the easiest vendor to work with in the whole planning process. He is prompt with his responses and willing to work with... Read More you to achieve exactly what you want. We had a packed dance floor all night long and it was hugely due to Downtime. They played with no break and entertained all night long. Downtime Productions is everything you want and need to be present at your wedding! Thank you so much for helping make our wedding night unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Amazing band and really brought excitement and energy to our wedding, highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Cassandra G

Amazing band!!! They did my sisters wedding a year ago and when it came time to planning my wedding this band was my number one pick! Super energetic, will play throughout the night with no breaks, and a joy to be around! We were so happy with downtime!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015

Wow!! We are speechless with the amazing skill and talent Downtime Band delivered at our Wedding Reception. I knew they were going to be good by checking out their website but they surpassed our expectations. They learned and played a couple songs that weren't listed on the... Read More playlist. We had a jazz trio that played during cocktail hour and dinner. Then the band blew everyone away for the rest of the night. Our guests danced all night and really enjoyed themselves. Their lead singers are out-of-this-world! Don't hesitate - Book Downtime Band now! -Patrick Aylesworth - July 11, 2015

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Allison J

Hi Jon - Just a quick 'thank you' to you and the band for the AWESOME performance at our wedding last weekend!! You exceeded our expectations and I was actually sore the next day from dancing so much (great sign of a great party)! Thank you for paying close to attention to all... Read More of our requests; it was certainly a night to remember! Best, Allison

Jon Spindler

Music has been Jon’s passion since he was a kid. Growing up in a musical family, he learned to play the drums at a very young age. Jon obtained a bachelors degree in Jazz Performance from SIUE and then went on to receive his Masters from the University of South Florida in Tampa, also in Jazz Performance. Jon has toured Europe playing jazz festivals and has had the opportunity to play and study with many great musicians. While studying for his masters, Jon worked for major contractors traveling throughout the US playing corporate events and wedding receptions.