MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

3950 N Lakeshore Drive, Chicago, IL

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Taylor C

We at first loved Ruki and communication was great. His reviews online were great and we had heard him DJ at local bars. He had a good music portal that we could enter the timeline and songs we wanted. He always answered emails/phone calls and we met in person about 3 weeks... Read More before our wedding. However after this meeting communication stopped. We haven't heard from him since that day. About a week before the wedding we reached out to him and got no response. Fast forward to the day of the wedding. Guests are seated and the wedding party is all lined up, a man that we don't know comes up to us and says "are your guys the bride and groom? Ruki had a family emergency and I will be taking care of your wedding". WHAT. Well at that point we just had to roll with it. This new guy was a good DJ but TERRIBLE Wedding MC. He messed up the wedding party names, the cake cutting, and our first dance song. It did not ruin our big day but it definitely left a bad taste in our mouth. We are now 2 weeks out from our wedding and still have heard from Ruki. It's hard not to feel like he took our money and then dropped us. We are left confused, annoyed, and disappointed.

The Party Didn't Stop!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

We recently hired Ruki/DreamHouse Productions as our wedding DJ at a restaurant in River North and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Ruki knocked it out of the park and had people dancing all night - even guests that we had never expected to see out on the dance floor!... Read More Working with Ruki was extremely easy and not only did he play the music that he knew we loved, but he was able to easily read the crowd and play music that everyone enjoyed (and easily switched gears if something wasn't working). Music is really important to us, and making the right choice for our wedding was a priority - if this sounds familiar, do yourself a favor and reach out to Ruki.

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Laila S

This was by far the best decision we made! Ruki did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding and went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect. We brought him in from out of town and he arrived early and made sure everything was ready to go. His attention to... Read More detail is impeccable and he helped us put together a timeline before our wedding, which he helped us stick to. He also served as a day of coordinator, making sure the night flowed smoothly and seamlessly. We didn’t have to worry about anything at our wedding because Ruki made sure everything was taken care of. He kept the dance floor packed all night long with our guests of all ages! Ruki is very professional and truly great at his craft. We have heard from so many guests how much fun they had at our wedding and that is certainly in large part due to Ruki! Thank you Dream House Productions!

Music to our Ears!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Jay U

We could not have been happier with our DJ experience! Ruki provided an amazing experience for everyone, especially my wife! Ruki comes prepared to entertain and offers plenty of options to satisfy even the most demanding audience, music, up-lighting, style, videography,... Read More etc... My wife and I are huge music fans. 80's, 90's, today... We cannot say enough positive things about Ruki. You will not be disappointed by his abilities and style. DJ Ruki '...makes everyone's hands go up'

Exceptional DJ!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Annie W

Short Story: Hire Ruki, chat with him once, and then relax knowing he will create exactly the wedding you hope for. Working with him was an unbelievable experience; he was unlike any other wedding DJ. In fact, I wouldn't describe him as a wedding DJ, but rather a top-notch club... Read More DJ whose sampling and mixing skills far exceed the wedding industry standard. Long Story: In terms of crafting the kind of ambiance and experience that you dream of for your wedding day, a DJ is second only to the venue, (perhaps even more important than the venue). When selecting the vendors for our Sept 2013 wedding, my now-husband and I had only online review sites like yelp/theknot/weddingwire to make our decisions since we were planning the event from the East Coast. Needless to say, we were more than a little concerned that we had made the right selections. Initially, we had booked a different DJ company, but decided to switch to Ruki at Dream House Productions after we realized that we were uncomfortable with the idea of working with a DJ company rather than an individual. These fears were compounded after we attended my brother's wedding earlier this year when the DJ that arrived managed to botch almost everything they had so carefully planned for. Admittedly, I had a few miscommunications with Ruki in the days leading up to the wedding day and I was put on edge a few time, but I will say that every time I finally got in touch with Ruki on the phone, he put me at ease. I was reassured that he was a professional who would be capable of managing the situation on the day-of. What I didn't realize was that on our wedding night, Ruki would blow it out of the water! Ruki was PHENOMENAL. From the moment he showed up until the very last second, he understood exactly what we wanted and executed it with the highest degree of precision. He knew that because we were having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in the same location, that we would need to rely on the music to create the right kind of magic for each moment, and he was the most talented DJ I have ever encountered. When the dance floor opened, he kept it PACKED until the absolute last song, with everyone from the very young to the very old finding a moment or a reason to get out and shimmy. Unlike traditional wedding DJs, Ruki is a true club DJ who adeptly samples different songs, blends them seamlessly, and really keeps up the party spirits. He has an uncanny ability to read the crowd and deliver what it wants (in our case, a mix of Motown, 80s, and contemporary dance). Now that I have the benefit of some hindsight and a few nights of sleep, I realize that what a bride and groom really need in a vendor is someone who understands what you want and will execute it with minimal direction and interference. In this regard, Ruki stood out among all of the vendors we worked with,and I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again for any wedding or occasion.

Start a Conversation!