Dueling Pianos - Felix and Fingers

Ain't No Mountain High, Ain't No Valley Low!

Dinner. Dancing. Dueling. Done.

Lose the DJs and the cheesy wedding bands. You're not just like every other couple out there, so why should your entertainment be? Felix and Fingers have more reviews than any other dueling show anywhere in the country. And with 5 consecutive Best of The Knot awards, F&F is a dueling piano act that will keep your guests entertained all night. Ceremonies through dancing, F&F specializes in making your wedding truly unique and unforgettable!

Instruments

Piano

Country, Disco, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

6012 Highland Ln, Village of Lakewood, IL Ain't No Mountain High, Ain't No Valley Low! (815) 245-3623

An amazing time had by all!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Michelle B

I have to give my husband credit for finding Felix & Fingers. But, as soon as he said dueling pianos, I was sold! Why? Because we wanted the dance floor to be hopping all night and we knew dueling pianos was the way to go. Think of it this way - a DJ spinning Baby Got Back... Read More will get the young adults on the dance floor, but not the older adults. But, Baby Got Back on the pianos? Everyone is dancing! Communicating with F&F was a breeze. They were responsive, friendly, and organized. They were also willing to go with the flow, which from start to finish was necessary for us. In fact, we booked F&F before even having a venue locked down. The planning process went smoothly and they brought several things to our attention we hadn't thought of, which was greatly appreciated. On the day of the wedding, things didn’t quite go as planned due to the weather being freezing cold on October 4th! However, F&F were flexible and did everything they could to make it seem things were going exactly as planned. F&F played our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception and everything was great. At one point during dinner I did a double take because I thought for sure they had put on a track, but it was them performing! Now, let’s get to the reception. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The dance floor was definitely grooving all night and our guests raved about F&F! They were interactive, funny, talented, and incorporated some unique elements into the reception as well (spoiler alert- cowbell competition). The true testament of a great time? My husband lost his voice and I busted a strap on my dress from busting-a-move all night long. Thank you F&F for a unique, memorable wedding!

2017-06-02T11:49:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks Michelle - This was such a great night! We've been back to the boat house a few times since and always think back to how much fun your wedding was :)

Great wedding entertainment!

Reviewed on 2/15/2015

Felix and Fingers is fantastic! We had never even entertained the idea of live entertainment for our wedding until we saw them perform at a friend's nuptials over the summer; all of a sudden we couldn't stop talking about them. We wanted to wow our guests, and F&F helped us do... Read More that. Are they more expensive than a DJ with a laptop and some speakers? Yes, but it's LIVE entertainment and completely worth it! The planning was easy, we chose the songs we wanted and they either knew them or learned them for us. Mike walked us through the entire day so everything would be smooth and painless. Dave and Emily are amazing entertainers; they play, sing, joke, and have a good time. We wanted our daughter to play a song on her trumpet... no problem! We changed the mother/son dance 10 minutes before it took place (wanted to split the dance between my mom and grandma)... no problem! They even changed the words to the song to fit the relationship difference. We wanted them to re-record the lyrics for our first dance song because we forgot to on the wedding night... no problem! I cannot say enough about how great, easy, and willing to do whatever they are! People in our families are still talking about how great and unique the live entertainment was. Nobody is going to remember the steak they had at your wedding or the photographer, but they will remember the entertainment if it stands out like Felix and Fingers! It's absolutely worth spending a little bit more for what they provide.

2017-06-02T11:51:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks Molly - we really appreciate the kind words! I was a pleasure making your wedding stand out for you and your guests!

Stop Looking Right Now!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Danielle P

Seriously. There's no need to keep looking. Hire Felix and Fingers and stop worrying about the entertainment for your wedding. They will take care of everything and you won't regret a thing. They played our wedding in September and their performance was amazing. We knew we... Read More wanted something different and dueling pianos were perfect for what we had in mind for our wedding. There's nothing like having live piano for the ceremony and Mike and Emily delivered all the way through the reception. All of our guests were enthralled by their performance and can't stop talking about them! Mike and Jessica worked with us on all of our important details and I did not worry for a second about the entertainment that they would provide. They're personable, kind, funny, and amazingly talented! Best decision ever!

2017-06-02T11:53:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the amazing review. You're the reason we love our jobs!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katie M

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Felix and Fingers!!! From the initial phone call to the clean up at the end of the night it was seamless and they were in control of everything. We had the privilege of working with Mike & Mike and wow! They were so professional,... Read More incredible voices, and really knew how to keep the party going. They went above and beyond when I wanted to surprise my dad at the end of our dance with two of his buddies playing a song with them. I could not ask for anything more than what Felix and Fingers provided us for our reception. We have had numerous guests ask the contact information and without an ounce of hesitation we pass along Felix and Fingers info! Thank you Mike & Mike for helping to make our reception unforgettable!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katie D

My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Felix & Fingers to anyone getting married. I'm not exaggerating when I say that our dance floor was full the whole night. These guys are not only talented, but they are extremely nice and extremely easy to work with. They are so organized... Read More and really helped our wedding reception run smoothly. They played all of our favorite songs and allowed guests to make requests as well. Our guests have not stopped telling us how much fun they had, and how great the music was. If good music is a high priority on your list of things you want at your wedding, I would book these guys without a doubt.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Paige N

Get rid of any hesitations about having dueling pianos at your wedding and BOOK THEM! One of the biggest visions I had for my big day was that the reception would be a big party full of fun, laughs, and nonstop dancing. Our musicians, Robert and Chris, made sure this happened!... Read More Robert took charge of the day and made me feel super at-ease with everything from the music as I walked down the aisle, to MC-ing the speeches, to the very last dance of the night. They made sure to play music that got people out on the dance floor and kept them there. Robert & Chris truly had a talent for reading the room and knowing what music would be good for our crowd. I highly, highly, recommend taking a look at their site (or giving them a call!) to get an idea of all the services they offer for your big day. They will work with you to make sure that they match the style and mood of your wedding, whether it be a low-key gathering or the party of the year. Do yourself a favor and skip the same ol' DJ - how many brides get to say they had dueling pianos at their wedding?! In summary: How much did I love F&F? I'm pretty sure I even went as far as trying to be Robert's best friend by the end of the night...but the details are fuzzy :)

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Stephanie T

We can't stay thanks enough for the amazing job these guys did! I think every single one of our guests reached out to let us know how awesome they were. Definitely helped make it a night to remember! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017

My husband and I are so thrilled to have had Felix & Fingers provide the entertainment for our New Year's Eve wedding. Mike and Sam were so personable and I felt like they were invited as guests that we had known for years. They did a stellar job getting our "older crowd" into... Read More the mood and out on the dance floor. We had very high expectations and were not disappointed. Good music variety, fun entertainment, and lots of laughs. They kindly followed every crazy request with no complaints on their end. We were really sad to say goodbye to them at the end of the night! Incredible job overall by Felix & Fingers!

2017-06-02T11:54:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks Molly - it was a blast ringing in the New Year with you! And all the alarm clocks on the table - so much fun :)

Reviewed on 12/25/2016 Cailey C

We worked with Felix and Fingers for our wedding reception. It was the best decision we could have made. Throughout the planning process, Mike and Jessica answered all of our questions promptly. We chose Mike Sherman and Emily for our show, and were blown away by their talent.... Read More Our guests loved the show, and our dance floor was packed from start to finish. They kept our reception running smoothly and helped us with our organization. We had a lot of family performances throughout the ceremony and reception and they provided us with all the necessary sound equipment to make it go perfectly. All of the sound equipment sounded great. You will not regret choosing them to work with. Awesome group of people.

2017-06-02T11:57:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks for having us at your wedding! I kind of want to change our advertising to your tag line - "Awesome group of people"! We really appreciate it :)

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Ashley J

Amazing!!! One of the best parts of our wedding! We continue to get compliments on Robert and Emily months after our wedding reception. They were fantastic!!!

2017-06-02T11:58:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! Glad you keep getting compliments - that's the goal!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Nicole N

Booking Felix and Fingers for our wedding was easily one of the best wedding-related decisions we made.

2017-06-02T11:58:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks! So glad to hear it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lyndsey M

Felix and Fingers played at our wedding in June and were FABULOUS! When looking at entertainment options, look no more, they have you covered – they played at our ceremony, covered our cocktail hour, and rocked our reception! They were organized, fun to work with and really... Read More wanted to make our day customized to US. With so many things that come up on the day of the wedding, it was a huge relief to have their help in coordinating everything on the big day. They’ve done this a lot so their suggestions and recommendations were key to making things run on time. Our guests still talk about how they had the best time at our wedding!! Mike Sherman & Emily Henderson are so talented and were the perfect addition to the wedding party! Our day would not have been the same without them.

2017-06-02T11:59:51 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate that! It's our pleasure and honor to have been part of the big day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Joseph B

20x better than any DJ I have heard! Music and entertainment was top noch and they were not dull at all. They were very enthusiastic and very excited to work with us. To sum it up in one word, AWESOME!

2017-06-02T12:03:53 Response from the vendor

Lol, thanks so much! Love this review :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Carianne B

Felix and Fingers made the day perfect from beginning to end. Starting with beautiful ceremony music and then rocking out for the reception. All the guests loved the entertainment and thought it was so cool to have a mix of live music and DJ music all-in-one. Thank you Mike... Read More and Duncan!!!

2017-06-02T12:04:24 Response from the vendor

Our pleasure, thank you for having us! So glad to hear it was perfect for you!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Liz F

Our guests were so impressed by Felix & Fingers. They're still talking about it. Exceeded our expectations for sure!

2017-06-02T12:04:43 Response from the vendor

Love it - thanks so much for letting us know!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Courtney C

My husband and I love dueling piano bars, and we were thrilled when we found Felix and Fingers on the knot. We were a little hesitant to go the dueling piano route instead of the more traditional band/DJ, but we are very happy that we did! We had a destination wedding in New... Read More Orleans, and from the start, Felix and Fingers was so easy to work with. They were always quick to respond to emails, calls, etc and were very organized, even providing a comprehensive questionnaire for the wedding, in which were able to control as much or as little as we wanted. We actually left the majority of the show up to our guests and loved that Felix and Fingers kept all ages out on the dance floor. They even managed to get some of our more reserved groomsmen out there playing crazy games. We were excited to have Mike Sherman and Mike Potts as our pianists, which we were able to choose from the number of musician bios on their website. They met us out at our after party and even sent us several pictures and videos from our wedding. We cannot recommend Felix and Fingers enough, especially if you are looking for something different that will keep guests talking for years about how much fun they had!

2017-06-02T12:07:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Mike and I had a blast with your guests! So great to hear about it being so much fun for everyone else too!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Crystal L

I first contacted Felix and Fingers seeking their help in convincing my fiance that they are an awesome group of musicians who can do it all from country and rock to EDM (electronic dance music). My fiance was really into EDM at the time and was highly skeptical when I suggested... Read More dueling pianos for our upcoming wedding. Felix and Fingers went out of their way to help make my fiance a believer by emailing me a special video of them playing various EDM dueling piano style. My fiance was sold. Fast forward to our October 2016 wedding and our friends and family are still raving about "the piano guys." Mike and Greg were amazing! They helped my husband and I throughout the night, making us aware of out timeline and order of events. It was like having two extra wedding planners, pianists, and DJ's all rolled into one. They even took photos and video! My husband and I can't say enough good things about Felix and Fingers. Highly recommend!!!

2017-06-02T12:09:24 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear it, thanks so much for the amazing review! Customizing weddings is what makes dueling so much fun - I'm so glad it was such a great night for you!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Crystal L

2017-06-02T12:09:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much - love to hear this!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kaylea S

They are amazing! So much help and great ideas. Really made our reception go smoothly. Classy, different, and so much fun! Of all our vendors they were my favorite to work with. Our guest loved the experience.

2017-06-02T12:10:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks you so much for calling us your favorite! It was a pleasure working this wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kate V

Time of our lives! This was best decision we could have made. F&F was incredible, words can't explain how talented these guys are and what an amazing time everyone had. Such a unique experience - they will make your wedding the best your guests have ever been to. Great service,... Read More energy, genuine people and fun, fun, FUN. Get them booked today... you don't want to miss out on having the best entertainment ever!

2017-06-02T12:11:12 Response from the vendor

Awesome! You guys are too kind - thanks so much! We couldn't be happier for you!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Michelle W

ABSOULTLY amazing!!!!! everyone had a great time with Duncan and Emily! they were great pianists, hosts and DJs!!!! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!! love them! communication was fantastic and they even played the Cubbies song when they won at the bottom of the... Read More 9th and basically our whole wedding was at the bar watching haha. So much fun! great entertainment.

2017-06-02T12:11:47 Response from the vendor

Love it - so glad to hear this! And Go Cubs!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Jessica S

Hired Felix and Fingers after a long discussion with the groom, and MOB. Wanted something that would be interesting and fun, without forcing guests to feel like they need to be intoxicated to have a good time. Felix and Fingers delivered. Emily and Greg did an awesome job,... Read More everybody enjoyed and almost everyone was dancing. Wouldn't have changed everything. Communication was great. Couldn't have asked for better wedding entertainment.

2017-06-02T12:12:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, we really appreciate you leaving this review. It was our pleasure to help add to your amazing day!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Claire F

We had the pleasure of working with Felix and Fingers for our wedding in July 2016. When I first chose to go with Felix and Fingers as opposed to a traditional DJ, it felt to me like a huge risk, but I have to tell you that paid off tenfold, and our friends and family are still... Read More talking about what a great time they had dancing, singing, and making song requests. First off, Mike and Jessica from Felix and Fingers were amazing to work with. They frequently checked in to see how we were doing throughout the planning process and always answered our emails in a timely fashion. Mike and Duncan performed at our wedding, and they were phenomenal, not only playing and singing, but being MCs for the night and keeping the party going. My sister commented that they weren’t just pianists, they were entertainers, and I couldn’t agree more. For my husband’s dance with his mother, he wanted “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” in the style of Iz (Hawaiian). Duncan pulled out a ukulele! If that doesn’t show you how talented these guys are I don’t know what will. If you are like me, you might be hesitant to book Felix and Fingers because you haven’t been to receptions with live music or have always seen people have fun with DJs. I’m here to tell you after having them perform at my wedding reception it was the best decision I could have made, everyone had such a marvelous time, and I’m selfishly hoping some of our friends book them for their upcoming weddings so I can party with them again.

2017-06-02T12:14:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review! We were really excited to get the Ukulele in there for you! I was actually just reviewing all this pictures last night - it was a truly great reception :)

Reviewed on 7/30/2016

Felix and Fingers was the best. Being the groom, I didn't have a huge impact on wedding planning, but I told my fiancee that I felt dueling pianos could be lots of fun. It took a little convincing but I'm so glad she went for it. Felix and Fingers stole the show. Robert was a... Read More perfect DJ and kept the pace of the evening perfect all night. We got to pick most of the songs played and it led to lots of fun dancing and memories. I highly recommend for anyone in the midst of wedding planning.

2017-06-02T12:15:17 Response from the vendor

Love this, thanks so much for leaving this review. We strive to help however we can!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Mirjanastimac S

I can't say enough great things about Felix and Fingers. They were flexible and easy to work with at every turn. They helped us make our wedding personal and kept it fun from the processional to the final dance of the night. They do cost more than a standard DJ, but honestly, it... Read More was worth every penny. There are always going to be some decisions or vendors you regret working with when it comes to your wedding day - but Felix and Fingers will never be it. They have youtube videos on the Internet, but they don't do them justice. During the wedding and even now - weeks later....our guests still talk about them. They also accept tips and donate those tips to the charity of your choice! Mike and Greg helped us raise over $700 for Make-a-Wish at our reception!

2017-06-02T12:19:53 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this beautiful review! And we were trilled with the Make-a-wish donation, it was great to see so many people supporting it!

Mike Potts

Yep, that's me riding an inflatable dinosaur with a star-spangled suit for a 4th of July parade featuring dueling pianos. My name is Mike and it's my pleasure to offer our dueling pianos show as a potential solution for your wedding entertainment! I studied music in Chicago (Chicago College of Performing Arts), played saxophone on cruise ships for 3 years, and have been dueling with pianos ever since. Aside from helping to plan and perform at over 100 weddings each year, I'm a cat person, listen to far too many audio books, and have a wife and son. Dueling means I don't have to grow up :P