Dwight's Wedding Guitar

serving New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts

Guitar, Vocals

Classical, Country, Folk, Pop, Rock

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

serving New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts

Amazing and Accommodating Guitarist!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Erika M

We absolutely loved working with Dwight. I knew he was a perfect fit for us as soon as we chatted on the phone. Planning a destination wedding is tough because I was only able to book vendors based on phone calls. Dwight took so much of his own time getting to know us over the... Read More phone. When we mentioned we would be driving up to Maine for a quick weekend trip he agreed to meet us in person just to chat about our ceremony music. Dwight even learned a new song for us so we could have it playing when I walked down the aisle. Working with him was so easy. He was super quick to respond to emails and was and extremely accommodating! I highly recommend using him for any type of wedding or function! If we ever need music for an event again we will be sure to call Dwight first!

Hire Dwight - He is the best!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

My husband and I hired Dwight for our small, intimate wedding (40 people). Dwight played for the entire day; ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Dwight was the right fit for our big day - laid back, fun and very professional. Many of our guests complimented on how much they... Read More enjoyed listening to Dwight. I highly recommend Dwight if you are looking for a talented acoustic guitarist for a wedding - his style is versatile ( Classic music to Beatles to Zac Brown). Dwight's prices were very reasonable too - he won't blow your budget. We were so happy to include him in our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Alessandra e

Working with Dwight was absolutely wonderful. It is always difficult hiring someone you've found online that you've never met, and really...know little about. I hired Dwight based on the reviews (they are phenomenal!) and I am SO glad that I did! Dwight was an absolute joy to... Read More work with. When my husband and I met him to go over details before the wedding, it was like we had known him for years. He is such a pleasure to work with. He is trustworthy and truly cares about his clients. He took the time to work with us and give us beautiful music all within our budget... He even learned a song that we requested and sang it absolutely flawlessly. If you want not only a wonderful musician..but a friend, Dwight is your guy! We can't thank him enough for all that he did, and all that he gave us by singing and playing on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

FABULOUS musician. Dwight's selections and volume were perfect for our daughter's outdoor barn venue, and the price was very reasonable. VERY easy to work with-we loved it.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Devon L

Dwight was such a wonderful vendor to work with! He made it easy to work with him long distance and was always willing to talk on the phone and answered emails promptly. His attention to detail took all the stress off of us as he coordinated our ceremony music and microphones... Read More in addition to our cocktail hour music. His ability to provide a variety of musical selections appealed to us and he was willing to learn new songs if necessary. Dwight was wonderful with our flower girls, entertaining them during the cocktail hour and being endlessly patient as all 7 of them walked down the aisle.... he played Pachelbel's Canon in D for quite some time :) I can't thank Dwight enough for being part of our special day!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Amy F

Dwight was extremely accommodating and friendly when we met him, super personable and genuinely interested in every detail of our wedding and the feel we were looking for. The day of the wedding everything went off as planned and we had no issues what so ever! Dwight played... Read More guitar during the ceremony and played during our cocktail hour and dinner, then he played our music list we put together. He did an excellent job and I would highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016

Our experience with Dwight was nothing less of flawless, convenient, and of course perfect. We contacted Dwight from The Knot. Throughout the process, we planned our New Hampshire wedding from Maryland. He was excellent and communicated with us when necessary. His follow up and... Read More follow through is extremely professional. When we met Dwight in person, we ran an hour late as our flight got in too late. He was flexible with accommodating us when that occurred; we were still able to meet that day. On day of wedding, we had a whole agenda planned. However, we had to switch around the agenda last second (i.e. first dances, entrance, etc). Dwight was nothing but flexible and adaptable when this occurred. He is extremely professional and I recommend him to any couple who needs a musician to complete the whole ensemble from start to finish. Not only did he play live music in the ceremony and cocktail hour, but he also DJ'd us. Also, he is extremely military friendly, as my husband is a veteran and he gave us a more than generous discount. Both my husband and I plan to recommend him to anyone looking for a musician. Thank you again, Dwight, for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Lindsey B

Dwight was an absolute pleasure to work with! He guided me in the process of choosing songs for our ceremony and helped to ensure that our ceremony was exactly what my husband and I wanted it to be. He even helped my mom and mother-in-law write a special song for the day! Dwight... Read More is extremely kind and professional - he is my absolute first choice for anyone looking for guitar music on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Kelsey K

My (now) husband and I hired Dwight for our March 19th wedding. He was so accommodating to all of our needs and was able to give us wonderful suggestions for songs when we just simply didn't have anything picked out. All my guest spoke highly of him as he played for our... Read More ceremony and cocktail hour. He has a unique voice, and wonderful talent that should be heard at many weddings!! Additionally, he was amazing to work with, he took away all the stress and handled everything perfectly. There is nothing I would have changed about having him be apart of our wedding! Thank you Dwight!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Michelle S

Dwight was fantastic! He was wonderful every step of the way. He was very detailed during the planning process ensuring the music would be perfect for our wedding. He has great energy. He is very flexible, affordable, and a great musician. I'm so glad we chose Dwight!

My wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lois C

I had a very unique ceremony and Dwight was eager to be a part of it. He played Ave Maria as I walked down the aisle, and then immediately after the ceremony, played a more silly song for us to dance to. They both sounded beautiful including where he sang for the second song. He... Read More was extremely professional, on time, and couldn't have been nicer or easier to deal with. Even the wedding coordinator at the venue commented how great he was which was nice to hear. I highly recommend Dwight.

Want a great guitarist, Dwight's your man!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We recently had the pleasure of having Dwight Phetteplace play at our ceremony and cocktail hour at the reception. He was great to work, especially since we discussed all of our plans with him over the phone and worked out everything before we actually met. He was very helpful... Read More to us in choosing our music for the ceremony and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed his performance at the cocktail hour. We love acoustic guitar, and a variety of classic soft rock, country, folk and modern sound. Dwight can cover it all and do it well. We are very pleased with our decision to have Dwight perform at our big day!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Dwight was the perfect guitarist to have at our wedding. His smile and positive energy light up a room! His energy is just contagious. He doesn't try to be the center of the wedding, but gives just enough to make an impression. The best part is, he is so talented! You can tell... Read More he loves what he does and his music reflects that! Being a retired teacher, his ability to engage the crowd, but still love what he does are the perfect ingredients to a perfect guitarist! Thanks Dwight for everything! We will never forget the role you had on our special day!! Mr. and Mrs. Hall

Best Choice for Our Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Kyle M

My (now) husband and I planned our Maine wedding from Texas, and did not have any personal recommendations from anyone regarding vendors. After doing some online research, we elected to hire Dwight as our musician based on the glowing reviews he received. We knew that our... Read More wedding would be unique in that we interrupted the cocktail hour with our short ceremony, and then went right back to the cocktail hour when it was finished. It required choreography on Dwight's behalf to ensure that the appropriate music was playing at the right time, but he was up for the challenge and nailed it! Additionally, we wanted to have our first dance to a particular song, and Dwight was eager and willing to learn it. He was an excellent performer and musician who was a great fit for all of our guests young, old and those that fell somewhere in between. Dwight was easy to work with, extremely reasonable with his pricing, and flexible when things needed to be changed or adjusted. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is planning a wedding in New England!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Alessandra e

Working with Dwight was absolutely wonderful. It is always difficult hiring someone you've found online that you've never met, and really...know little about. I hired Dwight based on the reviews (they are phenomenal!) and I am SO glad that I did! Dwight was an absolute joy to... Read More work with. When my husband and I met him to go over details before the wedding, it was like we had known him for years. He is such a pleasure to work with. He is trustworthy and truly cares about his clients. He took the time to work with us and give us beautiful music all within our budget... He even learned a song that we requested and sang it absolutely flawlessly. If you want not only a wonderful musician..but a friend, Dwight is your guy! We can't thank him enough for all that he did, and all he gave us by singing and playing on our wedding day.

Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Jayna D

I can't say enough about Dwight. Not only was his music great but he was absolutely amazing to work with. A month before our wedding our ceremony & cocktail music fell through. I was extremely stressed trying to find someone to do our music, being a teacher it was the end of... Read More the school year and I was getting my wisdom tooth out. I searched the internet and came across Dwight. I listened to his music on his website which was great but saw that he had another wedding the day after which was far so I wasn't sure if he would be able to do it. When we spoke on the phone I explained my situation and he informed me that it would be a lot of traveling for him that weekend but he would do it. Talking on the phone with him was so easy, it was like i knew him already. We planned the whole ceremony together. I told him some of my thoughts and he gave some suggestions. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Everyone one told us how wonderful the music was and as the bride I made sure I listened to the music as I walked down the aisle and while we walked back up the aisle as husband and wife. Something that started out as very stressful was well worth it because I couldn't imagine not having Dwight do the music at our wedding.

Great Guitarist and Vocalist!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Cairsten B

We hired Dwight to play instrumental guitar during our ceremony and then play guitar with vocals during our cocktail hour. From the start he was very easy to work with and had great ideas. He helped us plan our ceremony music and listened to our suggestions. Our ceremony... Read More music was nice, and though I did not hear him play during the cocktail hour because I was taking pictures, our guests said he was fantastic. They really enjoyed his song selection. I recommend Dwight!

Great guitar for our wedding ceremony

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Jessica B

Dwight played solo guitar during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We were very happy with his work and would recommend him to anyone looking for a guitarist. We spoke with him a couple times before the day to plan out what songs we wanted, and together we came up with a... Read More good selection for the processional, and he just did his thing during the cocktail hour based on his song list. We picked him because we wanted mostly classic rock / folky music, and it worked out really well. He was easy to work with, arrived on time, and looked sharp!

Acoustic guitar music

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Megan A

Dwight was just the right touch for my daughters wedding last weekend. He was excellent at communicating with us prior to the wedding. He was affordable and provided us with ceremony and cocktail music. A sweet song to exit the church was just right. He was set up for cocktail... Read More hour prior to going to church so when we got back to the Whitney Inn for the reception he was already playing his music. I would recommend him highly without any reservation at all.

Amazing Music & Wonderful to Work With

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Christina F

My husband and I hired Dwight to play the acoustic guitar at our wedding ceremony and play the guitar and sing at our cocktail hour. He was very professional and also such a nice person to get to know and work with! He had a great selection of songs and we were very impressed... Read More with his talent (both on the guitar and vocally). He is a genuinely nice person and made us feel very comfortable trusting that he knew exactly what to do on the day. I would absolutely recommend Dwight for future weddings!

Excellent Musician

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Elizabeth H

Dwight was a pleasure to work with and a true professional. He was very receptive to our ideas and went above and beyond to make the music at our wedding perfect. He took care of everything exactly as discussed and was very easy to work with. Many guests commented on how much... Read More they enjoyed the music. We would, without hesitation, recommend Dwight for any musical occasion.

Look no further...Dwight is the best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Dwight was perfect in every way! At our first meeting he immediately clued into my husbands and my style and guided us through picking the perfect songs for the ceremony and dances-songs that were unique and special to us. He was thorough and addressed many details we had not... Read More even considered! Throughout the planning process he was available and knowledgeable, answering any questions I had. On the day of the wedding, he was flexible, professional, and personable creating a very relaxed atmosphere complete with smiles and laughter, which for an uptight bride like me was exactly what I needed! Everybody loved his cocktail hour; we are still getting compliments about his musicality and diverse repertoire! My husband had a special request and surprised me by asking Dwight if he could sing our last dance song instead of playing a recorded version. Dwight gladly played the song and did an amazing job-it was so perfect and unexpected I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! His music created the perfect atmosphere for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception; he was truly a perfect fit for our special day!

Awesome musician!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kristen K

Dwight was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the beginning, he was warm and welcoming and always responded promptly to me. We used him for music during our ceremony and cocktail hour and the acoustic guitar was exactly what we were looking for and fit in perfect with the... Read More vibe that we were going for with our wedding. It was romantic and relaxed at the same time. Dwight was able to give us some great suggestions and was extremely flexible with the music that I wanted and was also able to switch it up when I wanted to change the ceremony music a few weeks before the wedding. I highly recommend Dwight for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and/or reception. He will be an excellent addition and will likely be the easiest and most stress free vendor that you work with.

The Best!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Karen O

Dwight made our day!! Our music was perfect both during the ceremony and at the reception! Dwight was helpful, informative, kind, patient, and just had the greatest attitude and disposition. We had a less than traditional wedding which lead to some grey areas for who... Read More would say what, and when, and just overall logistical confusion. Dwight wasn't fazed. He helped us navigate all the sticky spots and helped things run smoothly. My husband and I cannot recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Lily K

We hired Dwight to be our ceremony musician and he did a wonderful job! We wanted something simple and classic and he was the perfect fit! He even learned a new song to play just for our processional and it was amazing. Dwight was very easy to work with, friendly, helpful, and... Read More affordable! Highly recommend him for weddings of all kinds!!

Dwight Phetteplace

*After singing and playing at hundreds of weddings over fourteen years, Dwight still looks forward to getting to know each couple and helping them figure out how to make the music work for them. Every couple and every wedding has been unique and interesting. That's the fun part for him. * Born and raised in NH, a graduate of Dartmouth College, Dwight "retired" to play music full time after 30 years of teaching High School . He is an avid hiker, cyclist, and trail runner, and very proud of his 7 "Best of Weddings" awards because they demonstrate that he's been getting it right for his clients.

Start a Conversation!