Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

1061 Robey Avenue, Downers, IL (708) 345-6555

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Stacey D

Scheduling my makeup/hair trial with Elana and her team was super easy - I had my trial done by the hair and makeup artists (Pamela & Elizabeth) who would be there on my wedding day, which made me feel at ease since they would know exactly what would look good on me after the... Read More trial and there would be no hiccups on the day of my wedding. Throughout the planning process, Elana was very organized and would send me updated contracts throughout, showing me how many bridesmaids would be getting hair & makeup done (trust me...people change their minds a lot!) and the time slots they would have to make sure everyone would be done on time. Pamela did my hair as well as my 6 bridesmaids, and Elizabeth did my makeup and the bridesmaids + 1 of the moms helping out the day of. They made everyone look PHENOMENAL and they were SO speedy! We were done early, which was great because we had more time for pictures/relaxing before my photographer got there. I love how they come to you, wherever you and your bridesmaids want to get ready (we got ready in my hotel room). We all had such a fun time getting ready, it was very low-stress. I truly recommend them, they are great!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Sarah A

Elena and her team were awesome! The entire bridal party looked amazing! Can't recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Allyson H

Highly recommend!! I have multiple friends who used Elana Darrus for both hair and makeup for their weddings. I used the company for hair only for my June 2017 wedding and from day one, they were responsive and very easy to work with! Christina and Mae did hair for my 8... Read More bridesmaids and both of them did beautiful work!! All 8 of my girls loved their hair which was obviously what I wanted! They are true artists!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kate V

I just got married in June and had Elana for makeup and Mary Jo for hair. They were both amazing! My bridesmaids loved that there were all different options and pricing for makeup and the makeup came out flawless. Elana is an expert! Mary Jo was also amazing with hair,... Read More everyone loved how their styles came out! The wedding day ended up being windy and our ceremony was outside and each bridesmaids hair stayed in place. They also worked very fast but didn't compromise the quality of their work. I had 5 bridesmaids, myself and my mom for hair and a couple of extra people for makeup and they wrapped up in plenty of time for everyone to finish up getting ready! I also want to comment that Elana was so responsive to e-mails and questions, it made it so easy to work with her! I would highly recommend Elana and Mary Jo!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Kristin B

Elana and Kelly were phenomenal! We were looking for classy hair and makeup artists to do on location hair and makeup for our summer wedding at Cantigny Park and were so thrilled when Elana and Kelly were available! Elana did a wonderful job giving all of my bridesmaids a... Read More romantic but natural look despite their varying skin tones and complexions. She also did a great job replicating the makeup we'd agreed upon at my trial (highly recommend a trial a few months beforehand to experiment and nail down exactly the way you want to look on your special day)! When I wanted a little more eyeliner and a little more bronzer without looking over done, she did it in an instant. Kelly was great with our hair! She managed to do a quick chignon for my picky mother and made all of my bridesmaids have similar looking hairstyles while incorporating their different hair lengths and preferences. I showed her a picture of what I was hoping my hair would look like in a low, loose chignon and she replicated it almost perfectly! They did a phenomenal job and everyone was complimenting our hair and makeup - and how well it held up! - all day and night!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Noelle S

Love, love, love Elana and Kelly! I had researched make-up artists for our 5-27-17 wedding. I was not having any luck with any independent make up artists or salons getting back to me but Elana was so quick to respond! I set up my make up trial for our engagement photo shoot and... Read More was blown away! I have never had professional make up done before. She made me look absolutely beautiful but still looked like me! I did a hair trial with Kelly and so happy with her work too! The big day arrived and Elana and Kelly added so much to our wedding morning. We had a lot of fun with them getting ready in the hotel. I loved how Elana takes pictures at the trials and adds them to the contract. She is so professional, friendly and quickly responds to emails. She stayed on schedule and everything went smoothly! I felt like a princess on my wedding day and Elana and Kelly helped me look like one! I cannot say enough great things about these two women!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Carlie S

We worked with Elana Darrus for our wedding in September 2016. The wedding was in Delavan, WI and we were very grateful that the artists were able to travel to us for a reasonable rate. Gina was our hairstylist and Maria was our makeup artist. They both did an amazing job and... Read More were so friendly and great to work with. No one in my bridal party had had professional hair or makeup down before, and they were great at explaining the different options and what to expect. We had a wide range of women– from my 11 year old niece to my 62 year old mother in law who doesn’t wear makeup and everything in between, and everyone was happy with how their hair and makeup turned out. Elana, Gina, and Maria were so flexible before the wedding and on the day off, as a few family members changed their minds several times about what services they wanted. We got everyone done on time even though a few family members were a little late showing up. We highly recommend Elana Darrus!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Catherine M

Can not rave enough! Amazing job by Rachel on the bride and bridesmaids.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Rebekka D

I had had my H&M done by a couple other stylists before coming across Elana and her team. The difference in the level of artistry was staggering. Not only did Elana and Dana listen to my requests, but they also brought such patience, calm and friendliness to the table. I know... Read More very little about H&M and feel slightly uncomfortable about the whole thing, but Elana and Dana made me feel beautiful and naturally radiant, i.e. exactly the way I wanted to feel on my wedding day. It was very clear from the second we met, that these ladies know their trade, and use their abilities to enhance your essence. Thank you, Elana and Dana, for making me feel beautiful.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Erin M

My hair and makeup was flawless...even by the end of the night. I could not say enough good things about them. They did a trial for me before and were very adamant about giving me exactly what I wanted. Wedding day went so smoothly they actually finished ahead of schedule. All... Read More my girls hair and makeup was perfect. One of my bride maids is getting married and after seeing their work will be using them for her wedding too.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 m s

Elana was great for our wedding day! We hired her to come to the house to do the makeup for myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids. She was great at responding to my emails throughout the process and is really lovely to work with. I was a little anxious as I do not typically wear a... Read More lot of makeup and just wanted to look like the best version of myself and she completely understood and I was very happy with the result. She really listened to everything I said and I was extremely happy with the end result. I would definitely recommend her to any other bride!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sarah D

Elana is truly a one-of-a-kind find. She was very accommodating, came to where we were getting ready., set up everything, and got to work. She did an amazing job meeting our needs and wanting to make us look natural. I have a face full of freckles and she was able to show all... Read More of them while still looking completely done up! You will truly not be disappointed with her work or service or prices!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Lisa K

I was very pleased with the hair and makeup services provided by Elana Darrus for my wedding. I found them to be one of the most flexible salons for on-site hair and makeup, with moderate pricing. They do not have minimums which I appreciated as I only wanted makeup for myself,... Read More and hair for myself and my bridesmaids. Elana was very responsive for scheduling my appointments and happy to revise things as they changed. Mary Jo styled our hair which everyone was so happy with their styles. Kristina applied my makeup, and the airbrush looked flawless and did not budge for 12 hours! Would highly recommend booking their services!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 jordan t

If I could hug Elana every day, I would. She runs her business wonderfully and only hires the BEST artists. I had about 5 trials with other companies...and then I went Lauren from Elana's team. HOLY AMAZING. She is perfection when it comes to makeup application. She made me feel... Read More like myself yet bridal. Took my suggestions and applied them strategically. Elana is also so great to work with as the middle man. She lets her artists SHINE. Lauren made EVERYONE in my party feel gorgeous, especially my mother who rarely "does herself up." Everyone look elegant and stunning and it stayed all day. I also had Lauren meet me at my hotel for a touch up between the ceremony and reception. It was just what I needed to continue feeling beautiful all day. SOOOO glad I went with them!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Cat G

Elana's team was recommended to us by a number of brides, and we booked with her before doing a trial or even speaking to her! We weren't disappointed in her selection of services and packages, her talented work and her approachable yet professional attitude. I also booked my... Read More hairstylist, Jarmine, with Elana, and loved working with her. What's more, I was able to send a stylist for my out-of-town (and non-English speaking!) guests, and everyone looked great. I felt that the service was top-notch and affordable. I felt exceptionally beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Elana and Jarmine! Looking forward to working with them at my sister's upcoming wedding!

They are magical!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015 Abigail R

Elana was so easy to work with! She was always quick to respond to emails and was always one step ahead. On the day of our wedding, we had our make up done by Dawn, and hair by Rosemary and Mary Jo. Everyone was so fun to work with and they do amazing work. I wish I could... Read More have them do my hair and make up everyday!

Beautiful Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Shannon R

I booked a three room suite at my wedding hotel to stay in the night before my wedding so having on-site hair and make up was very important to me. I did not want us to have to leave at 7:30 am to go to a salon. Mary Jo did the bridal party hair and Elana and Mary split the make... Read More up duties. Each of them were amazing and my wedding party looked FANTASTIC. I seriously had never seen these girls (and me!) look so good before. We had a total of 7 women getting their hair done so I blocked in an hour of flex time in case Mary Jo got behind. That wound up not being necessary because she finished way early! She did everyone's hair in lightning fast speed and each style was beautiful. The make up requests ranged from lashes only to full make up...which brings me to the main reason I chose Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair. Most of my bridesmaids either are still in college or just starting to establish themselves so budget was a big problem. Elana Darrus allows "a la carte" pricing; that is, there are no contracts and each girl was able to get done only as much as they wanted. Obviously as a bride I got full airbrush make up but several girls only wanted fake lashes or eye design. It worked perfectly for everyone's financial situation. In fact, we had several girls change their mind and add services the day of...but Elana and team were very flexible and still finished on time. My only complaint...it did take several days to get answers to emails and finalizing the schedule took about a week longer than it was supposed to. But that was just a small issue. I would recommend Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair for anyone who needs on-site beauty. The wedding photos are gorgeous!

Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Andrea M

Elana and Mary Jo were a great team. I am minimalistic in hair and makeup. The two were able to glam me up, while I still felt like myself. They both were very sweet and kind. I felt great on my day!

wonderful

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Brenda H

Elana Darrus did my makeup, my mother's makeup and a couple of my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding. She met us at the salon we were all getting our hair done at, which made the day go much smoother. She did a great job on everyone's makeup. It held up for the entire day. I... Read More was very pleased and have no negative comments.

Make up was great

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Danielle C

Elana did an awesome job with the makeup for my wedding. I would recommend doing a trial, because I ended up changing my mind on colors after doing the trial. The makeup she did on my wedding day was WAY better than the trial. One disappointment was that she was 30 minutes... Read More late to do my makeup for my wedding and this put us behind schedule.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Sammy U

I hired Elana Darrus' company for mine and my bridal party's makeup. We had Judy as our makeup artist. I did a trial run and loved my makeup, and I loved my makeup the day of our wedding. Beautiful, professional, on-time!

Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Allison

I had my hair and makeup done. Elana is fabulous with makeup and her assistant that does hair does a wonderful job! They go above and beyond. I did two hair trials and one makeup trial and they did everything to make sure I was satisfied. The lady doing my hair restyled my... Read More hair several times to make it just what I wanted. On the day of the wedding, they came to the hotel to make me look beautiful. I would highly recommend them. And best of all they are not very expensive compared to other wedding hair and makeup artists in the area.

Loved Elana!

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 Dayna P

My mother-in-law has been using Elana for quite some time. I was nervous about booking a make-up artist because I love doing make-up and know exactly what I want. I went to her house for my trial and she was extremely patient with me and listened to all of my ideas. The day of... Read More the wedding she came to the hotel with her team and together they did make-up for the six ladies in my bridal parties, 3 moms, grandmas and some other guests all while sticking to the schedule. All of my girls in my wedding party said that it was the best professional make-up that they had ever had done!

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Rachel P

Elana is super sweet and has very talented individuals working for her. Jarmin did our hair and everyone was thrilled. Looking back at the photos, everyone has been commenting on how nice our hair looked and how great of a job she did. Gina did our makeup and regardless of if... Read More you had it airbrushed or not, it looked beautiful and natural. Both our hair and makeup lasted the entire night without any touching up. Book with Elana and ask for Jarmin and Gina!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Katie S

Elana and her team were a godsend when I canceled my original hair/makeup people. I found Elana through reviews 3 weeks before my wedding stressed out and trying to find anyone with availability. She was responsive and very professional, and I was very lucky that she had... Read More Meghan and Liz available for my day. Meghan came to my house for the trial and really listened to what I wanted. If there was a problem she would change it to what I wanted. Very professional and nice to work with. She even texted me later to see what my mom thought when I met her for dinner that night. The day of the wedding, Meghan and Liz were prompt and moved things along very nicely as I had 9 people getting their hair done. My makeup and hair turned out wonderful. All the women and the flowergirls looked beautiful. We also had such a blast getting ready and having the stylists come to us!