Elana Goodridge Photography

Scottsdale, Phoenix, Arizona, NY and Worldwide

2017 The Knot Best of Weddings

2017 Wedding Wire Couples Choice Awards and 2017 The Knot Best of Weddings I am an Arizona photographer, with a NY attitude! I love spending time getting to know my couples while creating cherished memories, so much fun!! My clients tell me they feel really comfortable with me, by the end of a shoot or weekend we are friends!! I also spend many hours after your wedding, editing your photos, giving you a preview since it is hard to wait, I am compulsive about that. My work comes out artistic, but I am a practical person who works super hard and I have high energy and can't help giving a tremendous amount of myself.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Scottsdale, Phoenix, Arizona, NY and Worldwide (917) 270-9365
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Erika H

Five stars on every level since the day I first messaged Elana. It doesn't matter if your priority is professionalism, flexibility for scheduling or pricing, photography and editing talent, or reliability because she's got all of it. She responds to messages within hours, never... Read More days, and was able to meet my fiance and I just days after I contacted her. She took our vision, priorities and budget, and put together our own wedding/engagement package with incomparable value. Hiring her for our engagement photos and wedding day has by far been the most stress free part of wedding planning. We were looking for a photographer willing to travel 2.5 hours to Sedona for our engagement shoot and she wasn't just happy to do it, she was excited! Our shoot went fantastic, with just enough direction to give us different fun starting points with multiple backdrops and from there simply made us comfortable to be ourselves, have fun, and let our love shine through beautifully captured candid movements. We got a preview photo the very next morning and within 3 days we received all of our (over 150) beautiful edited photos. Three days! Our wedding day is still 10 months away, and with so much still to do I can't be more thankful that I won't have to spend a second concerned about this aspect of it. I can't wait to see how she records our big day and hopefully many other future milestones in our lives together through amazing photos.

2017-06-13T10:54:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. I really enjoyed going to Sedona with you both getting so many different poses! I look forward to your wedding. You are both so sweet!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Christine D

There are not enough stars nor words of gratefulness to give to Elana for her beautiful wedding photography, nor are there enough accolades for her patience, creativity, her intelligence and her charm during my daughter's wedding day. Thank goodness I found Elana! I searched for... Read More a long time and interviewed many photographers because I felt that choosing the photographer was the most important decision since the photos are what you have left long after the wedding day is over. Elana combined everything the bride and I and my husband were looking for: skillful photos with both creative (bride wanted some "impressionistic" creative type of shots and lots candids) and traditional poses (father of bride wanted those old-fashioned type of table shots of our guests), along with a pleasant demeanor. Elana handled everything with such skill and charm, beginning early in the day with the hair salon to photos in our home to the venue (wedding day involved rain, sun, rainbows), making everyone comfortable and relaxed throughout the day. We are all so grateful to Elana for making the wedding day even more delightful and for her beautiful photos that we will cherish forever.

2016-10-22T18:26:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I have really enjoyed getting to know you and your family! I have also had a lot of fun editing your photos artistically. We were so fortunate that we didn't let the rain affect our day and the photos.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Christopher L

Elana made our whole day completely flawless! She came to see the sight with us a week before the event to ensure that we got all the best angles and backgrounds & she always responded to all of our emails within 24-48 hours to ensure that we were in very good and competent... Read More hands! When we received the photos, we were blown away. The quality and variety of all the photographs were so amazing that we actually have guests writing us to thank us for hiring such a fantastic photographer! Elana is amazing, professional and a perfectionist--cannot recommend her highly enough!

2016-08-16T12:55:12 Response from the vendor

Dear Chris, thanks so much for your review! It was such a beautiful and touching day and loved being a part of the whole experience for the year!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 lauren D

Elana was a godsent on my wedding day! She and her husband were so professional and outstanding throughout the entire day. Elana was great with our very large bridal party including several young girls. She made sure that we were in the most flattering lighting and looking... Read More our best all day long. She was flexible with the ever changing weather forecast and went above and beyond her duties as photographer. I loved spending the day with Elana- she felt like family by the end of the night. She kept me calm throughout the day and was a true joy to spend the biggest day of my life with. I cannot recommend her highly enough- my wedding wouldnt have been the same without her.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Katie K

Elana is amazing! We took our engagement photos a couple of weeks ago and she got them back to us the next day. She is extremely easy to work with and lets us do our own thing, no staged photos. We felt very relaxed with her. I am so happy we found her and can't wait for our... Read More wedding and the photos/memories she will capture!

2016-10-18T14:30:55 Response from the vendor

It was so nice getting to know you both and I am so glad you felt relaxed with me. I am looking forward to shooting your wedding on the cruise.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Dahlia Y

My fiancee & I just had our engagement shoot with Elana this past weekend, and the photos were not only amazing, but turned around in a very timely manner! Elana was extremely professional, helpful and courteous and it was a pleasure to work with her! We look forward to seeing... Read More more of her amazing work at our wedding in January!

2016-10-14T15:32:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I had a great time being with both of you going around central park and I look forward to your wedding in January.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jodiann G

Most businesses tell you that the customer is always right, but in this case this is not true. Elana Goodridge is always right! She has a keen eye for photography and is amazing at capturing the moments that count on video. I originally booked Elana for a surprise bridal shower... Read More in July 2016 and leading up to the event Elana always stayed in contact to make sure that our visions coincided - some of the stress from planning this day for the bride to be was immediately alleviated from our first phone call. She is punctual, takes tasteful photos, and during your event she is like a fly on the wall. She gets the photos and videos to you in a timely manner. She asks the right questions leading up to your event such as 'is there an agenda?' because she never misses a moment. Elana shows great dedication and pride in her work. She also takes the time to get to know you and the people you are planning an event for. We loved her so much so, that in the midst of planning an October 1, 2016 wedding the bride and groom forgot to book a photographer for their newlywed brunch the next day. On a whim, I emailed Elana to see if she was available and she cancelled her plans to be there for us. Her prices are fair and the quality, turn around, and customer service she provides is immeasurable. Needless to say that we will be keeping Elana in mind for future personal and corporate events.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Sharyu H

Elana captured some of the most amazing and candid moments from our proposal. I am so glad that we had her there because I can't stop looking at our photos! She made me feel comfortable from the moment we met and was so easy to work with.

2016-10-01T07:08:31 Response from the vendor

Hi Sharyu, I really loved being a part of that wonderful intimate moment and am really happy you loved the photos!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

Elana brings her heart of gold to all her work. She photographed my daughter's wedding, delighting in the day with us, capturing each of us and the day with great poignancy that only the truly gifted can see and then record in lasting form for the rest of us She is a gifted... Read More portrait painter - brushes and canvas her camera .

2016-08-28T14:29:44 Response from the vendor

I am so happy you loved my photos and grateful for what you wrote! I was so glad to be part of your celebration!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Joaquín C

I traveled from México to NYC to propose to my girlfriend at Times Square, I was really nervous because even with all the planning we did several months before, I knew that in such a chaotic place anything can go wrong. Elana gave me a lot of confidence, since the moment I... Read More spotted her waiting for us to take a candid session before the proposal I felt relieved, she took an amazing set of pics and my girlfriend never realized we were being photographed! then she magically captured every single moment in the proposal, and the set after proposal was truly amazing. I can't think of a single thing that could had been better, Thanks again for everything Elana! Sincerely: Joaquín & Andrea.

2016-08-19T14:23:42 Response from the vendor

Hi Joaquín, I am so glad I helped to make your proposal a success! I am also glad it worked out and the rain didn't effect us!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016

Great professionalism, service, and photography! Very nice person and did everything and more that we asked for! Really made our proposal expereince fun and easy. Thanks a lot!! - Vineeth

2016-08-28T14:36:19 Response from the vendor

Hi Vineeth, I am really glad I was available to shoot your surprise proposal and I am really excited we are talking about your wedding! Elana

Reviewed on 5/06/2016

Elana was more than helpful in making sure my surprise engagement went as planned. She is very professional with a knack for capturing the perfect moment and scenery. I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends or hire her for future projects.

2016-05-08T17:09:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! I really felt lucky to be a part of your big moment! I am so impressed by all your careful planning.

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Lori C

We’re so lucky to have found Elana to photograph our special day! And we have the pictures that will last a life time to prove it!! Elana was a wonderfully calm presence during all of our wedding stress and made us feel comfortable both with her and the camera. It was so nice... Read More to know she had it all under control and we had nothing to worry about. Elana is professional, passionate, and shows that she genuinely cares about you and making sure you’re able to have the best memories of your special day. She was great with suggesting some poses to try and we love the iconic New York feel of our shots in Grand Central Station. The photo's captured every moment and truly reflect how we felt that day. They are absolutely gorgeous!

2016-05-08T17:01:13 Response from the vendor

Dear Lori, Thanks for the review! I really hope to be there to take your pregnancy and baby photos. I know they will be so lucky to have such a sweet, kind mom! Elana

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 John B

Your wedding day is supposed to be the most amazing day of your life. You want everything to go as planned, for everyone to have a great time, and to remember every moment of it. Thankfully, all went this way and every single moment of it was captured beautifully. Elana’s... Read More ability to snap all these great moments, allows us to relive our special day as if it were yesterday. We could not have been more stunned and blown away once we received her photos. Meeting with Elana, to get a sense of our vision and expectations, was a smooth and stress free endeavour. Our goal was to capture the night, in it’s most candid form, as well as getting to see the things we might have missed out on. Elana really made us feel like the center of attention. From the Bride’s Father tearing up, to the Groom’s Grandmother’s looking on as everyone danced, it was all there for us to relive and admire. We especially loved looking at all of ceremony pictures, somehow she captured our most intimate moments without us even realizing she was there. Elana was nothing short of amazing to work with. She takes concern to every details and her photo editing skills are superb. Having Elana as our photographer was one of the best decision we made when it came to planning this wedding. Thank you Elana for everything you did and for giving us the ability to cherish our special day forever. - John & Amanda

2016-05-08T17:20:06 Response from the vendor

Dear John and Amanda, I wanted to thank you again for your review! I really enjoyed your party, everyone had such a fun time! Also congratulations on your graduation! Good luck with everything. Elana

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

We read the reviews; we talked on the phone; we met at the venue and shared appetizers and wine. We engaged Elana to photograph our wedding, and we are thrilled with the results. Everything other reviewers have said is spot on. She is a wonderful person who truly wants to do a... Read More great job for her new best friends! We feel like we hired our daughter, who also happens to be a great photographer. She has provided us with the memories we hoped for, both posed and candid. Her photos have somehow captured not only the event, but the spirit of the event. Love and happiness are in them all. I wish everyone could use her to remember their special event. Alas, only a few of us will get the experience and the results. Get yourself on her list as soon as possible!

2016-05-08T17:15:40 Response from the vendor

I also really felt included in your wedding, like a member of your family. I am looking forward to designing your beautiful album when you are ready. I know you are having a hard time choosing! Elana

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

My fiance and I were very overwhelmed about finding a photographer who could take engagement shots that would feel really real to us and our family and not overly staged. Elana Goodridge not only helped us brainstorm locations that she thought would capture the spirit of our... Read More relationship but also was the perfect mixture between guiding us and letting us be authentic. Once the photographs went on Facebook, we had many emotional relatives and excited friends who were so overwhelmed by what Elana was able to capture. She was so professional and lovely that we made sure to book her for our wedding as well. We highly recommend her and wish you all the best! Thank you Elana!!

2016-05-08T17:17:57 Response from the vendor

I am so happy you, your family and friends loved the engagement photos and I am so proud one of them won an International Wedaward. I am looking forward to being a part of your wedding next week!! Elana

So blown away by our photos by Elana!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Words cannot describe how much we love the photos Elana Goodridge took for our one year anniversary! Every picture was so flawless and truly took our breath away. She has the most amazing eye and is so wonderful to work with! She has an unbelievable ability to capture a moment... Read More with such beauty and vision. The only problem is there are too many pictures we love so deciding which to put up in our new home will be hard! She makes you feel so at ease and is amazing at capturing each moment in a natural and beautiful way. If you are looking for a great experience and even better photos, you will not be disappointed going with Elana Goodridge Photography!! Thank you so much again!! Genny & Evan

2016-05-08T17:18:35 Response from the vendor

Dear Genny and Evan, I was so fortunate to be able to shoot your 1st anniversary! It was so special seeing you two have fun and be so in love! I can't wait to shoot your pregnancy photos soon. Elana

Elana Goodridge

I love being outside, watching movies & getting into TV series like Game of Thrones, & Black Mirror. I loved eating bread, fruit & ice cream, but now I have been giving up sugar and carbs which gives me even more energy! I love to laugh & be silly w/ my kids when I can (5 & 12.) I am a perfectionist with my work, such as editing on the computer so I spend lots of time there, but it's fun to listen to old TV series on Netflix like Parks and Rec, while I work. I love hanging out and talking with my friends, family and clients but often don't have enough time!