Elegance in Sugar

Detroit and surrounding areas east of Detroit

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings

Detroit and surrounding areas east of Detroit (586) 739-2909

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Brianna D

Laura is absolutely amazing at what she does. She helped us design and create our dream wedding cake. The cake also tasted absolutely delicious. She is a pro at what she does, and you know you will end up having the most amazing cake if you select her as a vendor. I would highly... Read More recommend Laura and Elegance in Sugar to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Lisa K

After looking at probably a thousand cake designs online, we just couldn’t find one that was stylish and had a little bit of a music flair that my daughter wanted for her wedding. That’s when we asked Laura to help come up with a new cake design. She was so exciting to... Read More work with and creative too! She came up with using a musical note lace surrounding every other layer. This is a newer technique that is very hard to do unless you are an excellent sugar artist like Laura! My daughter also wanted a “chandelier” look, a little bling, one layer that lit up, a few music notes, and shades of pink flowers. The cake top combined a bass clef and tremble clef to make a heart. I was so excited to see this cake come together and be gorgeous and colorful as well! The whole cake was real and everyone loved the taste. The owner of the hall also commented how she could tell all the cakes from Elegance in Sugar when they are cutting up slices in the kitchen because they smell so good. Her guest count is very accurate and they can cut very good pieces to serve without being short on slices. I never seen so many guests take pictures of the cake! The bridal party loved the cake so much that they wanted to eat more the day after the wedding and so we finished the leftovers for lunch! You don’t have to worry much about the taste, setup, design, or quality when you buy one of her cakes! Love, Love, Love the work and effort that go into making this day special for my daughter! Highly recommended!

WONDERFUL

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Kara

I cannot sing Laura enough praises, she was professional all the time, the cake was exactly was I asked for, she created beautiful orange orchids for my cake that she had not done before and they looked awesome! She was probably the easiest of all my vendors to work with and she... Read More was affordable as well. I 100% recommend her to anyone!

We were do lucky to have found Laura

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Jennifer W

Laura was the only element of the wedding I didn't have to worry about. In our initial meeting, she welcomed us into her home, provided samples of the cake with milk, drew out ideas on paper AND created a model of what we were going for right in front of us. This ended up being... Read More the most beautiful wedding cake I've ever seen AND the most moist and delicious cake I've ever tasted. Laura personally delivered the cake and set it up the day of. I, the bride, took a peek into our space while everything was getting set up. Laura came over, calm as a cucumber, gave me a hug, congratulated me and went back to work. This cake had to be moved during our reception twice and Laura assured us, this wouldn't be an issue. It wasn't! I trust her immensely and am so thankful we found her.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Samantha D

Laura did a great job with our wedding cake. She did Lace fondant and it was beautiful!

Beautful cake

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Christina H

I met Laura at a vendor show & was impressed by her talent & work. She makes flowers out of sugar that are edible & look real. She made us a 4 tier cake with orchids. It was the star of the show. Her cake was moist & tasted great. Laura is awesome & if you... Read More want a unique cake that also taste great I highly recommend her!

You must get your cake from Laura!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2011 Anna D

Laura makes the best cakes of anyone I know. She is truly a sugar artist and what she creates is absolutely gorgeous. My mom is using the flowers from my cake, which were created by Laura, as part of her Christmas decorations this year. I am so happy to see them being used,... Read More because they are stunning. After sampling Laura's cake at a local bridal store, I called her and set up an appointment. She has a certified kitchen in her home and her home is very clean. I was a bit nervous about going to her home, but she is extremely proffessional in the way that she does business. She had made more samples for my mom and I to taste, and even a sample for me to put in tupperware and fly home to my fiance. The samples were delicious! You may pay a little bit more for Laura's cakes, but they are 100% worth it. She makes her cakes the Thursday before your wedding and then decorates. Most other places, will freeze your cake for a month or two before ever decorating it. Laura's cakes are moist and delicious for days after your wedding. I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake! Also, the hall which I had my wedding, Pennas, insist that you serve her cake instead of having it out at a dessert bar. They insist because her cakes are so good. They say you can usually smell her cakes when she is dropping them off. As soon as I decided to allow Laura to make my wedding cake, it was the one thing I was always certain would be great, My design turned out perfect, my guests loved their cake, and I was so happy on my wedding day!! Thanks again Laura!!!

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 2/05/2011 Aashie S

We got so many complements on our cake! It was yummy and stunning.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/07/2010 Shea P

Laura is FABULOUS. Our cake was not only beautiful, it tasted great, and was not as expensive as a lot of other places. Plus she is just a really nice person!! I HIGHLY recommend her.

Rating for Cakes by Laura

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Trina L

Review for Laura Amodeo

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Jacob C

amazing design creative easy to work with affordable