Elegance in Sugar

Detroit and surrounding areas east of Detroit

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings

Detroit and surrounding areas east of Detroit (586) 739-2909

WONDERFUL

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Kara

I cannot sing Laura enough praises, she was professional all the time, the cake was exactly was I asked for, she created beautiful orange orchids for my cake that she had not done before and they looked awesome! She was probably the easiest of all my vendors to work with and she... Read More was affordable as well. I 100% recommend her to anyone!

We were do lucky to have found Laura

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Jennifer W

Laura was the only element of the wedding I didn't have to worry about. In our initial meeting, she welcomed us into her home, provided samples of the cake with milk, drew out ideas on paper AND created a model of what we were going for right in front of us. This ended up being... Read More the most beautiful wedding cake I've ever seen AND the most moist and delicious cake I've ever tasted. Laura personally delivered the cake and set it up the day of. I, the bride, took a peek into our space while everything was getting set up. Laura came over, calm as a cucumber, gave me a hug, congratulated me and went back to work. This cake had to be moved during our reception twice and Laura assured us, this wouldn't be an issue. It wasn't! I trust her immensely and am so thankful we found her.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Samantha D

Laura did a great job with our wedding cake. She did Lace fondant and it was beautiful!

Beautful cake

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Christina H

I met Laura at a vendor show & was impressed by her talent & work. She makes flowers out of sugar that are edible & look real. She made us a 4 tier cake with orchids. It was the star of the show. Her cake was moist & tasted great. Laura is awesome & if you... Read More want a unique cake that also taste great I highly recommend her!

You must get your cake from Laura!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2011 Anna D

Laura makes the best cakes of anyone I know. She is truly a sugar artist and what she creates is absolutely gorgeous. My mom is using the flowers from my cake, which were created by Laura, as part of her Christmas decorations this year. I am so happy to see them being used,... Read More because they are stunning. After sampling Laura's cake at a local bridal store, I called her and set up an appointment. She has a certified kitchen in her home and her home is very clean. I was a bit nervous about going to her home, but she is extremely proffessional in the way that she does business. She had made more samples for my mom and I to taste, and even a sample for me to put in tupperware and fly home to my fiance. The samples were delicious! You may pay a little bit more for Laura's cakes, but they are 100% worth it. She makes her cakes the Thursday before your wedding and then decorates. Most other places, will freeze your cake for a month or two before ever decorating it. Laura's cakes are moist and delicious for days after your wedding. I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake! Also, the hall which I had my wedding, Pennas, insist that you serve her cake instead of having it out at a dessert bar. They insist because her cakes are so good. They say you can usually smell her cakes when she is dropping them off. As soon as I decided to allow Laura to make my wedding cake, it was the one thing I was always certain would be great, My design turned out perfect, my guests loved their cake, and I was so happy on my wedding day!! Thanks again Laura!!!

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 2/05/2011 Aashie S

We got so many complements on our cake! It was yummy and stunning.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/07/2010 Shea P

Laura is FABULOUS. Our cake was not only beautiful, it tasted great, and was not as expensive as a lot of other places. Plus she is just a really nice person!! I HIGHLY recommend her.

Rating for Cakes by Laura

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Trina L

Review for Laura Amodeo

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Jacob C

amazing design creative easy to work with affordable