Elkin Creek Vineyard

Elkin, NC

Capacity: Up to 150 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Elkin Creek Vineyard-Sanctuary & Celebration Unite

At Elkin Creek Vineyard, two flowing creeks join to form a sacred spot that symbolizes the new union of your two lives together. This intimate vineyard and winery, grown from love, offers a romantic backdrop to your wedding day. Fine food and wine and a personable staff make your day truly special.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Inn/B&B, Mansion/Historic Site, Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative, Vineyard

318 Elkin Creek Mill Road, Elkin, NC

Elkin Creek was just the right fit!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Heather D

I have so many good things to say about Elkin Creek...Where to begin? From the moment Chris (my husband now) pulled up the drive to visit yet ANOTHER venue, we knew this just had to be the place! From the rustic signs leading us down the gravel road, to the guineas crossing the drive. It was a perfect fit! We are both very outdoorsy, adventurous people and we wanted our destination wedding to reflect that in every way possible! From the first moment of arrival and each time after, you can't help but notice the "romance" in the air that I didn't feel anywhere else. Our ceremony site was down by a creek under a rustic-built archway with nothing more than mother nature as the background, and the creek rippling by. Words simply cannot do this place justice! We just celebrated our one year anniversary, nowhere else but Elkin Creek! It was just as special as the day we said our vows! I plan on returning each anniversary in hopes that not much will change about this beautiful place!

Best Location

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Stephanie S

Everything about Elkin Creek fit our vision of our wedding. We happened about this vineyard many years ago and have been enjoying the wine and sporadic visits to the grounds since then. When it came time to plan our intimate wedding, we knew this was the place. It can accommodate larger and smaller groups -- all depending on how you want the feel of your wedding to be. We wanted immediate family only, so having the ceremony right along the waters edge at the "beach" was perfect. Carrie was a wonderful officiant, and her ceremony was just beautiful, respectful, and appropriate. We worked with her in advance and only made very minor modifications to the script to fit our style. It was already a perfect blend of tradition but tailored to the modern day. Jennifer was wonderful to work with all along, from my initial questions about the site and date up until the details of the day. She was always responsive in emails, very understanding when I had a lot of tiny questions, accommodating to our needs and changes, and great at offering advice. If you need a high-touch, all-inclusive wedding planner to direct everything for you this may not be your spot or staff, but if you want a lovely, low-stress, flexible, enjoyable, and beautiful wedding, you should look no further. There are a million spots for beautiful photos -- casual and formal poses, perfect in virtually all kinds of weather. We made a weekend of the event by staying in the lovely cabins (I want a bathroom just like this) and enjoying the pizza and wine lunch on Sunday. Everyone is still talking about the pizzas. It's great we'll be able to enjoy many future visits to the site of our wedding for casual lunch, buying new wines, and just enjoying the grounds. How many people get to say that about their wedding venue? Thanks so much for a wonderful experience! We can't wait to come back soon!

Beautiful Venue and Great Service!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Chelsey B

This venue is a beautiful setting and makes for gorgeous pictures! Jennifer with the venue is a great wedding coordinator and tries to make everything as smooth as possible. They work directly with other local vendors to take more stress out of the process and have a convenient one stop process for several things. They are also accommodating to requests and timelines to make your special day uniquely yours. Also, their wine is delicious! We had extra wine left over from our wedding and are not complaining, they have some of the best wine in the Yadkin Valley area. I highly recommend their wood fired pizzas as well, we did this for our rehearsal dinner and everyone loved it, again delicious! Just be aware that you have to be flexible somewhat on your budget with any venue really because there are certain costs that most of us brides forget about! :)

Thank you Elkin Creek Vineyard!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Mary R

We absolutely loved our Elkin Creek wedding. We were married up on the hill between the vines with our small party of 6. The families who own Elkin Creek are wonderful. We had a worry free, beautiful day. They provided delicious appetizers after our ceremony. Also, the wine is great! I would highly recommend staying in their cabins. They're cozy and include soaking tubs, a fully equipped kitchen, keurig, and netflixs. Elkin Creek is just what they advertise... An intimate and beautiful venue with a warm and caring staff that will make your day special. Thanks again, I hope to be back again soon for another special occasion!

Wish we'd gone elsewhere

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 lulu B

We had our wedding at Elkin Creek and wish we'd gone somewhere else. Anywhere else in fact. It was very difficult working with the venue leading up to the venue. We were made to feel we were inconveniencing them if we called, emailed or visited the site. On the day of the wedding we had a lot of problems, some out of their control, some firmly within their control. Our biggest complaint was with the caterer they recommend, 21 and Main. The cost to use an outside caterer is $500, which is cost prohibitive and unreasonable. So, we went with their caterer. On the day of the chef was not on site. They did not deliver all of the items in our contract, or on our menu. Food came out ten minutes apart per dish. The chicken came out raw! It was embarrassing! After the wedding we had people coming up to us for the first week telling us things like, a) the waiter spilled food all down my back! 2) The chicken was raw. 3) Where was the appetizer? We have no answers for them because we also don't know how this could have gone so wrong. After the wedding they agreed to take off $1 per person for the missing food. That added insult to injury. We feel very embarrassed about all of this. Our memories of our wedding are forever tainted by their lack of concern, care and service. To top it all off we paid a lot of money to be there, to be dealt with rudely and to have items not even show up. I'm writing a review today to warn other brides away before they have a similar experience. I wish someone else had written a review like this so I could have gone elsewhere.

9/13/2013 Response from the vendor

As we have responded to your groomsman’s previous review, we want to say again, to you, that we are also disappointed that anyone has negative memories about their wedding here at Elkin Creek, and we appreciate the feedback. We did partner with the restaurant 21... Read Less Read More

Wedding

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 AnnMarie M

The owners of Elkin Creek made our wedding such a special day! They were sincere, caring and thoughtful which made it even more special! There are no words to describe their brick oven pizza and wine.. I have been to Italy and I thought I was back! The food is amazing! We would highly recommend them!

Perfect combination of simplicity and elegance!

Reviewed on 1/13/2013 Monica G

Elkin creek is a beautiful location to get married. There are multiple spots to perform a ceremony and we chose to have ours done in a clearing where the two creeks meet under a gorgeous arbor! The background made for wonderfully intimate pictures for our private ceremony but there is plenty of room for chairs if someone wanted to have a larger outdoor ceremony. The woman who married us gave options for standard vows or said we could sit down and come up with our own vows and a more personalized ceremony. She was great and did a fantastic job. Everything was perfect. Jennifer helped me every step of the way to organize and make sure every single detail was perfect for our special day. She stayed in contact with me almost every day and was ready and willing to answer any question I had promptly! She made everything run smoothly and I couldn't ask for a better place to get married! I loved every moment of it and recommend this venue for everyone!

Romance and Elegance at an Affordable Price

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 Tracy V

My husband and were forced to cancel our original wedding date. My husband was going back to Afghanistan sooner than anticipated. Jennifer was kind enough to understand the last minute cancellation. When we requested another date, which was to occur within that week, Jennifer and the staff graciously accommodated us. Carrie met with us prior to officiating the ceremony, the vows we were given were beautiful. We still read them from time to time. The ceremony itself was romantic and intimate. Photos were taken of the ceremony even though a photography package wasn't offered at the time. After the ceremony, we were offered a delicious blueberry crumble dessert to enjoy with our wine and appetizers. My husband and I enjoyed the wine we selected as we sat on the swing enjoying the moment. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have had our wedding at Elkin Creek. We look forward to a cabin stay in the near future.

TO Elkin Creek Vineyard