Elkin Creek Vineyard

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

318 Elkin Creek Mill Road, Elkin, NC

Elkin Creek was just the right fit!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Heather D

I have so many good things to say about Elkin Creek...Where to begin? From the moment Chris (my husband now) pulled up the drive to visit yet ANOTHER venue, we knew this just had to be the place! From the rustic signs leading us down the gravel road, to the guineas crossing... Read More the drive. It was a perfect fit! We are both very outdoorsy, adventurous people and we wanted our destination wedding to reflect that in every way possible! From the first moment of arrival and each time after, you can't help but notice the "romance" in the air that I didn't feel anywhere else. Our ceremony site was down by a creek under a rustic-built archway with nothing more than mother nature as the background, and the creek rippling by. Words simply cannot do this place justice! We just celebrated our one year anniversary, nowhere else but Elkin Creek! It was just as special as the day we said our vows! I plan on returning each anniversary in hopes that not much will change about this beautiful place!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Brynne H

It's taken me 6 months to write my review of Elkin Creek because I'm still blown away by how perfect they were and haven't felt like I could do it justice. My husband and I were taken from the pictures and knew we had to visit. I loved the imagery of two creeks merging. The... Read More entire place is unique, from the open harvest barn to the hill of vines, everything is picturesque. It provided two opportunities from either an outdoor by the creek wedding or a ceremony in the harvest barn. The also have these perfect cabins were it was really fun and quiet place to stay the day before with the bridal party, get ready the day off, and spend our first night as husband and wife in the honeymoon cabin. It was also a fun place to stay during a wedding planning weekend with my Mom. What I'm blown away with was not the land but the people. Jen is amazing. She served as our day of coordinator but really went above and beyond to helping an indecisive, out of town bride figure out a perfect wedding day. By the end, she really felt like a friend and I was kind of sad to not be going back every few months to see her and her amazing team. They really know how to troubleshoot in those "make it work" moments like when it hailed an hour before our ceremony. She didn't even make me feel stressed about it but approached me with an alternative plan that turned out even more beautiful than the original. Everyone pitched in to make our wedding day perfect, even her kids and mother!! My guest loved the venue and felt like they were somewhere they'd never been before, which was what I really wanted. The food, from the pizza rehearsal dinner, to the amazing caterer Jeff was amazing and the staff was so attentive. The wine was also amazing! There's so much more I could say, but basically, the end result is do not hesitate - choose Jen and this venue for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Ashley S

To say our special day was a fairytale plucked straight from my mind would be cliche, but incredibly accurate. Jennifer and the staff at the winery made our wedding weekend everything we could have hoped for and more. From my countless questions patiently answered the whole year... Read More leading up to the wedding to her careful consideration and guidance navigating our budget, Jennifer made sure we always felt comfortable and helped me avoid over-stressing about the details. We had our rehearsal dinner in their tasting room, complete with gourmet brick-oven pizzas and - of course - the delicious wines crafted by their resident winemaker. We were able to book all 4 cabins that are located on the property as well, so the wedding party had a proper stay and Yadkin Valley experience. To call them 'cabins' is misleading; full kitchens, slate tile bathrooms, hardwood floors and gas fireplaces with private porches and porch swings .. it doesn't get any more cozy! The wedding day was simply effortless and perfect - she saw my vision and helped us make it a reality. We used her recommended caterer and have continued to get rave reviews from our guests about how delicious and creative the menu was (I mean, smoked Gouda and bacon macaroni and cheese?? So good!). Everyone at the winery went above and beyond to make both my husband and I and all of our guests feel like family ... you can tell from the moment you arrive that these people have a real passion for what they do and it resonates in the special moment you celebrate with them. I highly recommend this venue - the wine is the best I've had from North Carolina and the memories we will have from our wedding have already made up my mind that we will return for our anniversary next year! Thanks to everyone at Elkin Creek, and we'll see you next year!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lauren M

The staff is very accommodating and easy to work with. The venue itself is gourgous, perfect for hosting an intimate wedding. We had Elkin Creek Vineyard cater our wedding with a pizza buffet, our guests are still raving about the pizza two months later. I am really happy we... Read More choose Elkin Creek Vineyard as our venue for our special day.

Best Location

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Stephanie S

Everything about Elkin Creek fit our vision of our wedding. We happened about this vineyard many years ago and have been enjoying the wine and sporadic visits to the grounds since then. When it came time to plan our intimate wedding, we knew this was the place. It can... Read More accommodate larger and smaller groups -- all depending on how you want the feel of your wedding to be. We wanted immediate family only, so having the ceremony right along the waters edge at the "beach" was perfect. Carrie was a wonderful officiant, and her ceremony was just beautiful, respectful, and appropriate. We worked with her in advance and only made very minor modifications to the script to fit our style. It was already a perfect blend of tradition but tailored to the modern day. Jennifer was wonderful to work with all along, from my initial questions about the site and date up until the details of the day. She was always responsive in emails, very understanding when I had a lot of tiny questions, accommodating to our needs and changes, and great at offering advice. If you need a high-touch, all-inclusive wedding planner to direct everything for you this may not be your spot or staff, but if you want a lovely, low-stress, flexible, enjoyable, and beautiful wedding, you should look no further. There are a million spots for beautiful photos -- casual and formal poses, perfect in virtually all kinds of weather. We made a weekend of the event by staying in the lovely cabins (I want a bathroom just like this) and enjoying the pizza and wine lunch on Sunday. Everyone is still talking about the pizzas. It's great we'll be able to enjoy many future visits to the site of our wedding for casual lunch, buying new wines, and just enjoying the grounds. How many people get to say that about their wedding venue? Thanks so much for a wonderful experience! We can't wait to come back soon!

Beautiful Venue and Great Service!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Chelsey B

This venue is a beautiful setting and makes for gorgeous pictures! Jennifer with the venue is a great wedding coordinator and tries to make everything as smooth as possible. They work directly with other local vendors to take more stress out of the process and have a convenient... Read More one stop process for several things. They are also accommodating to requests and timelines to make your special day uniquely yours. Also, their wine is delicious! We had extra wine left over from our wedding and are not complaining, they have some of the best wine in the Yadkin Valley area. I highly recommend their wood fired pizzas as well, we did this for our rehearsal dinner and everyone loved it, again delicious! Just be aware that you have to be flexible somewhat on your budget with any venue really because there are certain costs that most of us brides forget about! :)

Thank you Elkin Creek Vineyard!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Mary R

We absolutely loved our Elkin Creek wedding. We were married up on the hill between the vines with our small party of 6. The families who own Elkin Creek are wonderful. We had a worry free, beautiful day. They provided delicious appetizers after our ceremony. Also, the wine... Read More is great! I would highly recommend staying in their cabins. They're cozy and include soaking tubs, a fully equipped kitchen, keurig, and netflixs. Elkin Creek is just what they advertise... An intimate and beautiful venue with a warm and caring staff that will make your day special. Thanks again, I hope to be back again soon for another special occasion!

Wish we'd gone elsewhere

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 lulu B

We had our wedding at Elkin Creek and wish we'd gone somewhere else. Anywhere else in fact. It was very difficult working with the venue leading up to the venue. We were made to feel we were inconveniencing them if we called, emailed or visited the site. On the day of the... Read More wedding we had a lot of problems, some out of their control, some firmly within their control. Our biggest complaint was with the caterer they recommend, 21 and Main. The cost to use an outside caterer is $500, which is cost prohibitive and unreasonable. So, we went with their caterer. On the day of the chef was not on site. They did not deliver all of the items in our contract, or on our menu. Food came out ten minutes apart per dish. The chicken came out raw! It was embarrassing! After the wedding we had people coming up to us for the first week telling us things like, a) the waiter spilled food all down my back! 2) The chicken was raw. 3) Where was the appetizer? We have no answers for them because we also don't know how this could have gone so wrong. After the wedding they agreed to take off $1 per person for the missing food. That added insult to injury. We feel very embarrassed about all of this. Our memories of our wedding are forever tainted by their lack of concern, care and service. To top it all off we paid a lot of money to be there, to be dealt with rudely and to have items not even show up. I'm writing a review today to warn other brides away before they have a similar experience. I wish someone else had written a review like this so I could have gone elsewhere.

2013-09-13T09:53:00 Response from the vendor

As we have responded to your groomsman’s previous review, we want to say again, to you, that we are also disappointed that anyone has negative memories about their wedding here at Elkin Creek, and we appreciate the feedback. We did partner with the restaurant 21... Read Less Read More

Wedding

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 AnnMarie M

The owners of Elkin Creek made our wedding such a special day! They were sincere, caring and thoughtful which made it even more special! There are no words to describe their brick oven pizza and wine.. I have been to Italy and I thought I was back! The food is amazing! We... Read More would highly recommend them!

Perfect combination of simplicity and elegance!

Reviewed on 1/13/2013 Monica G

Elkin creek is a beautiful location to get married. There are multiple spots to perform a ceremony and we chose to have ours done in a clearing where the two creeks meet under a gorgeous arbor! The background made for wonderfully intimate pictures for our private ceremony but... Read More there is plenty of room for chairs if someone wanted to have a larger outdoor ceremony. The woman who married us gave options for standard vows or said we could sit down and come up with our own vows and a more personalized ceremony. She was great and did a fantastic job. Everything was perfect. Jennifer helped me every step of the way to organize and make sure every single detail was perfect for our special day. She stayed in contact with me almost every day and was ready and willing to answer any question I had promptly! She made everything run smoothly and I couldn't ask for a better place to get married! I loved every moment of it and recommend this venue for everyone!

Romance and Elegance at an Affordable Price

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 Tracy V

My husband and were forced to cancel our original wedding date. My husband was going back to Afghanistan sooner than anticipated. Jennifer was kind enough to understand the last minute cancellation. When we requested another date, which was to occur within that week,... Read More Jennifer and the staff graciously accommodated us. Carrie met with us prior to officiating the ceremony, the vows we were given were beautiful. We still read them from time to time. The ceremony itself was romantic and intimate. Photos were taken of the ceremony even though a photography package wasn't offered at the time. After the ceremony, we were offered a delicious blueberry crumble dessert to enjoy with our wine and appetizers. My husband and I enjoyed the wine we selected as we sat on the swing enjoying the moment. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have had our wedding at Elkin Creek. We look forward to a cabin stay in the near future.