Couture Gowns for the Modern Bride

The Emily Kotarski Bridal Studio is a unique, intimate and up-scale bridal studio that gives each bride the chance to create her dream dress. With a wide selection of European laces, embroideries, and silks, our custom gowns can cater to any style and budget. Choose one of our signature silhouettes that suites you best, and pair it with the fabric and embellishment that completes your vision. Not sure what your perfect wedding day look is yet? Try on beautiful couture gowns from our own collection to either fall in love or make it your own with customizations. Whether you are looking for a traditional lace gown, or a modern look is more your style, Emily Kotarski will help design the dress of your dreams. Invite family and friends to enjoy some champagne along side the custom experience.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

263-D King Street, Charleston, SC (843) 619-7645
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Diana F

When I first started looking for wedding gowns, there was always something about a gown that I wished I could change. If I liked the silhouette, I wanted a different fabric/lace, etc. If the lace was gorgeous, I wished I could change the style. I quickly realized that to get the... Read More dress of my dreams, I needed a custom gown. If you want a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind wedding gown that will surpass all of your expectations and fit you like a glove, an Emily Kotarski gown is for you. From the moment you meet Emily, you will feel confident that your dress will be exactly how you want it. The process of helping to design your own dress is a blast, and you will get to say yes to an exquisite dress that is made just for you. Thank you, Emily!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Kaitlyn S

Emily is absolutely brilliant! I am so lucky I basically "fell into" her shop and services. I already had my dress, but was in desperate need of someone who I trusted to alter my precious gown. Emily did, and honestly for such a FAIR price. I completely the amazing work and... Read More dedication. Everything was done in a timely manner, and with total attention to detail. Emily also did a custom veil for me, that I absolutely fell in love with. I didn't even know I wanted a veil until I got mine, and now I wish I could wear it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I thought I could maybe purchase a cheap one online - no...color matching, fabric quality, length of veil were all crucial aspects. We so enjoyed every meeting with Emily and having her as a part of the experience. Maybe one day she can make me a special gown for another occasion!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Abby M

Emily helped me create a custom veil for my wedding, and it was a perfect experience from start to finish. She is so incredibly talented; a true artist. She provided personalized creative guidance in selecting my lace, the design of the lace trim, veil length, and color. She was... Read More nothing short of perfectly professional and punctual throughout the entire process. She has an impeccable attention to detail, evident in her business and her designs. Having a custom-made veil was the ideal way to add a truly specialized touch to my attire, and I wouldn't have trusted this to anyone but a real expert: Emily Kotarski. Charleston is lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Ann d

Working with Emily was a dream come true. I came to her frantic in the weeks before my daughter’s wedding, and Emily went above and beyond, creating a stunning lace overlay for my daughter’s wedding dress. She is extraordinarily talented, efficient, and responsive, and created... Read More the most beautiful bodice that my daughter (and everyone else!) loved. We are so grateful for Emily’s help, especially under the tight time constraints, and we could not recommend working with her highly enough.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Sarah R

Every part of my wedding gown process with Emily Kotarski Bridal was fantastic! I contacted Emily with an idea to re-design my mother's wedding dress from 1981, to create a dress that was perfect for me. I shared with Emily my vague ideas of what I had envisioned. She listened... Read More and within minutes began pinning and designing my dream dress. I immediately knew I had found the best person to customize my gown. I cannot wait to unveil the newly designed dress at my wedding in a couple of weeks. I am forever grateful for everything Emily did for me, and will continue to refer her to my friends and clients.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Patricia F

Emily's impeccable customer service combined with her phenomenal creativity and designs made for a dream as a client! Emily listened to what I wanted and provided me with several designs to chose from so that I could feel in control of the design process. Her creative vision... Read More and exquisite design abilities were evident from the very start. Emily made a stunning belt for my matron of honor dress so that I could have some "bling" on my simple lace dress. She also provided perfect tailoring and hemming to my dress so that my dress fit like a glove! The custom belt she made was the perfect pop to my dress and provided for a very flattering silhouette. I received so many compliments on my belt! Emily was a pleasure t work with and I wish I could get married again so she could make my wedding dress! If you want a unique, chic, elegant, and modern dress combined with outstanding client service, Emily Kotarski Bridal is for you! Thank you for everything, Em!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Emily designed a custom dress for me for a black tie event. I gave her a vague idea of what I wanted, and she turned it into a vision. I received compliments on my look all night and was told several times that I was the best dressed person at the party! Emily is talented,... Read More skilled, and so professional. I could not have been happier with the outcome. I highly recommend her work!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016

Emily is not only sweet and beautiful, she is extremely talented at her craft! I've entrusted a bridesmaid dress, my husbands wedding attire and my wedding dress to her. She is professional and knows how to listen to what you are looking for in a dress/alteration. You will... Read More get nothing less than the best from her!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016

Emily made a dress for me for my godson's wedding. Not only did I get to design the look with her, I got to pick out every one of the most beautiful Swarovski crystals for the belt! She's fabulously talented.

Reviewed on 3/29/2016

I am so amazed at how talented Emily Kowarski is! She has done all my bridesmaid dress alterations and they have all turned out perfect. I was lucky enough to visit her new bridal salon while on vacation in Charleston, SC and I was blown away at all the possibilities there were... Read More to creating a custom gown! I was able to see first hand how exciting it can be for a bride to have her dream dress created right in front of her eyes. Thank you Emily for always being so wonderful, I seriously cannot wait to be an Emily Kotarski Bride (in hopefully the very near future!)!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016

I had the best experience with Emily Kotarski Bridal! I knew exactly what I wanted in an evening gown for a black tie event coming up and I wanted my exact vision to come to life. Working with Emily allowed me to pick out the lace and fabric that I wanted in the exact color that... Read More I had in mind. The gown fit perfectly and got so many compliments at my event! I couldn't have been happier with the whole experience! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016

Emily worked with me to design and create a one-of-a-kind evening gown for a very special black tie occasion. The gown arrived yesterday and I felt like I was opening a treasure chest! The gown sparkled out of the box, and when I put it on, it fit like a glove! (Not surprising... Read More because it was made with my precise measurements!) The whole process, from design to fabric selection to measurements to finished product, was handled with such professionalism and attention to detail! I cannot imagine ever buying a special occasion dress any other way! Thank you, Emily! I'll be back...

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Beth L

Emily made me the most beautiful sash to go with my wedding gown. Although the size wasn't quite right, Emily went out of her way to fix it and mail it back quickly and efficiently! I was so impressed. Everyone who sees the belt says how beautiful it is. I can't wait to wear... Read More it!

Emily Kotarski

From her education at Parsons the New School for Design, Emily Kotarski learned all the skills she needed to design and construct innovative, high-end garments. After working in a bridal salon, Emily saw the need for providing brides looking for custom gowns with an in-store experience. Here they partner with Emily to create their custom gown while able to browse samples, fabrics, and embellishments in a retail environment. Learn more about Emily in the About page at www.emilykotarski.com.