Your day. YOUR memories.

Woohoo, you're ENGAGED!! It's time to get excited about your wedding photography. You know those butterflies you get when you're with your one-and-only? Think of it like that - only captured on camera. Not a professional model? No worries! My photojournalistic approach allows couples to feel totally comfortable in front of the lens. You get to enjoy your day, spend time with your guests, and I'll capture it down to the little moments. Tell Mom not to worry - I promise we'll make time for family formals, too :) I travel frequently between Chicago, Milwaukee, and throughout the Midwest. Destination weddings are ALWAYS welcome, even if your destination is just one state over. Like what you see here? Let's talk wedding!! Head on over to my web site and we'll get the ball rolling.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Chicago/Milwaukee/Everywhere (414) 364-5583
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Mary K

Emma was absolutely wonderful! From our very first meeting with her, she was so enthusiastic about our wedding and knowledgeable about the best way to plan for a perfect day. Planning everything that goes into a wedding day can be overwhelming, but Emma made it easy and... Read More manageable, working with our DJ and the coordinator at our venue to make sure everything came together. Emma also was able to make us both feel really comfortable in front of the camera. We had a lot of fun with her at our engagement session and on the day of our wedding, she helped keep us both relaxed. Working with her was unique from other photographers we have worked with; she has an ability to keep everyone calm, while also making sure the day is moving along according to schedule. Emma also created a beautiful sneak peek, wedding slideshow, and, of course, final gallery for us. We loved getting the little peeks at our photos while we were waiting (though not for long - we were so impressed with her turnaround time!) for our final gallery. The entire finished gallery was beautiful and had so many great shots from getting ready, our ceremony, and reception. We would highly recommend Emma Mullins Photography to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Evan G

Emma was just a pleasure to work with! From start to finish, she was professional, informative, friendly, and excited to help us on our big day! My wife and I decided to plan the wedding ourselves (the whole thing was a bit unconventional), including cooking our own food,... Read More which left us a bit stressed out and nervous about timing, scheduling, and such. Emma eased our worries by helping us organize our day and timeline. She was always just a phone call always if we had any questions. My wife and I have never had any experience with professional photographers but when we decided to have our engagement photos in Chicago, she made us feel comfortable and by the end we felt like professional models (Ha!) Emma was absolutely flexible with all our photo requests and pitched in great ideas for locations during the wedding as well. It was amazing how she captured the connection between my wife and I. She even scoped out the venue the day before to help frame her shots, sensational! The photos absolutely blew me away. I feel like we got an amazing deal for the level of quality and professionalism she provided. My mom still cries when she looks at the photos. Emma has a remarkable passion for photography, and was one of the best decisions of our wedding. Weddings happen in just a day, our photos will last us a lifetime. Thank you Emma.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Emily W

We loved working with Emma. She didn't just capture the moments, she created some stunning, creative photos. She was easy to stay in contact with, spent time meeting with us before the event to understand our needs and hopes, and had lots of great suggestions for... Read More planning/timing/locations. It's clear she's a pro! We also had Emma take our engagement photos. That was a great way for us to get to know each other, and to know what to expect on the wedding day. We were both feeling pretty awkward about having our photos taken, but Emma made us feel at ease.

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Nicole B

We don’t have enough lovely words to say about our experience with Emma as our wedding photographer! She allowed the wedding day to flow naturally from getting ready, to our first look, to our ceremony and reception. She was intimately involved in our special day to capture the... Read More most perfect memories. She had great recommendations in the city (West Loop and Downtown) for some fabulous photos. And with our venue having some unique dim lighting, Emma made the extra effort to test out the lighting before the wedding weekend and our photos turned out fabulous. She made us comfortable, was professional and we look forward to working with her on our wedding album as well. Thanks Emma for making our wedding day stay alive for a lifetime with a wonderful photograph collection!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Yvonne A

Emma was such a pleasure to work with! She made this aspect of the wedding planning very easy. She was very organized and made sure she knew what we wanted from her. She was also patient, professional and easy to work with. It helped that she was very responsive as well and... Read More prepared for anything. It rained most of our wedding day and she was prepared for the elements! We still got fantastic photos even though Mother Nature didn't cooperate with us. I would highly recommend Emma to anyone looking for an experienced and affordable wedding photographer in the Chicagoland area!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Ashley E

Emma was the perfect fit for our engagement shoot! She was so responsive and I needed something scheduled in a pinch! She traveled about an hour to our destination and was prompt. I was impressed with the way she made the most of a location she was not familiar with - using... Read More the lighting and scenery in the best way possible. She was also great at direction and telling us what to do - which was needed. The photos were ready in about 2 weeks and we were very happy with how they turned out. Thank you Emma!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

Emma was our wedding photographer and she was amazing. The package we chose included an engagement session, which we did last fall, and the pictures were great. She was able to get some perfect shots of our energetic dog, which is no easy feat. Emma did our wedding last month... Read More and the sneak peak photos she sent were fantastic. I do not like getting my picture taken and am not photogenic. She worked with me throughout the whole process and was able to gauge when I was "done" and needed to move on. I would highly recommend Emma, her services are of superior quality and a great value for the Chicago area (where the price of wedding photography can be ridiculous).

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Alison M

Emma was such a fun, energetic photographer to work with! She wanted to know about our story, and got to know what we were looking for before we got started. She was also very flexible with the time and location for where we did our photo shoot, which was so helpful to us! She... Read More did a great job communicating before and after our shoot, and got us our pictures incredibly quickly! She made sure to scope out our location before we got started, which made our pictures run a lot more smoothly.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kate V

Emma was fabulous! She covered our reception in September, and we couldn't be more pleased. To prepare, Emma and I had two FaceTime calls, and I instantly felt like I was talking to one of my besties. She also sent a very detailed questionnaire/picture list, so we could both... Read More be clear on any "must have" shots. During the actual reception, Emma captured tons of great candids and posed shots for anyone who asked. Multiple people commented to me that we had the nicest/most cheerful photographer. Everyone has been very impressed with the pictures--Emma definitely fulfilled my goal of making our event feel 'very Chicago', and she even stayed a couple of minutes late when an impromptu conga line broke out while she was packing up. The icing on the cake (ha) was that somehow (this can't be typical!) she sent me the full gallery of pictures 9 DAYS after my event! Overall, my husband, family, and I could not be happier with Emma's work.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Jane M

Emma was very thoughtful and efficient in her approach, making the most of the time she had with us, and she brought so much creativity and positivity to the day of the wedding! The pictures she took capture a lot of personality and happiness, and our friends and family can't... Read More stop talking about how well they turned out!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Kelly C

Emma was our photographer for our engagement and wedding photos. She did an amazing job and made us feel comfortable during the shoots. She went above and beyond by scheduling meetings with vendors and doing lighting tests before the big day. She was also so patient during those... Read More “fun” family photos. She was professional, kind, and helpful and I recommend her 100% to photograph your upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Timothy Q

Emma photographed our courthouse wedding. Not only was she punctual and professional, but she was super fun to hang out with all day! She had a lot of awesome ideas that made for beautiful photographs and was open to our ideas as well. We took the CTA to get from point A to... Read More point B to point C and she dealt with a crazy lady threatening to break her camera with great poise! Shortly after our wedding we received an email with a link to our photos and they are GORGEOUS!! 100 stars. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Reilly G

Emma is fantastic in every way. She was proactive in meeting with us and so easy to be around in preparation and day of. Plus, she has a great sense of humor and is genuinely fun to spend time with. She developed a quick rapport with the judge at our wedding and really livened... Read More the energy of the room. Plus, she's quick, adapting to new situations with zero issues. Also, our photos turned out absolutely beautiful!! Would recommend 100x .

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Amanda S

Emma is a wonderful wedding photographer. She had excellent communication from the beginning, making sure that all of our expectations were met. And I would have to say, she far exceeded them! She has a natural talent for making people laugh and feel at ease, making for some... Read More great pictures. She also has the creative eye to get ideal colors/lighting for some beautiful photos. I couldn't be happier with how my wedding pictures turned out!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 megan h

Emma is so sweet, energetic, charismatic soul who is furiously driven. She is professional and organized but loves spontaneity and embarrasses crazy ideas. I'd recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Eunice R

Emma was a fun, energetic, and encouraging photographer to work with. She made us comfortable and enabled us to be ourselves so that our pictures really reflected our personalities and relationship. There were various time limitations we had to work around and she was flexible... Read More and eager to make it work. Overall, a fun and professional photographer, I'd highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Tommy V

5 out of 5, would recommend. I've known Emma for a long time and she does wonderful photography work. She did an engagement shoot for us that was really fun and gave us all the types of photos and specific shots we were looking for. She was really flexible in cruising around... Read More town with us and helping us figure out how to get the kinds of photos we wanted. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Rachel Y

Emma did such an amazing job on our wedding photos. She helped me find locations and come up with back up plans just in case the weather did not work out. I highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to choose Emma Mullins Photography.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Morgannah W

Emma was so wonderful! She made everything so much fun and relaxed. It was really nice to have someone who made the shoot feel natural, and so us! And the pictures all came out better than I could've imagined. I highly reccommend her for absolutely anything!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Jon W

Emma was absolutely the best! She photographed our destination wedding in Mexico and was an expert at navigating a difficult situation in that we were unaware of the exact location that both our ceremony and reception would be until we arrived. In addition to being extremely... Read More flexible, Emma was incredibly friendly. She took time to get to know many of our guests and they still tell us how much they enjoyed meeting and spending time with her. But most important of all were the pictures. Emma perfectly documented our day. She knew exactly what details to focus on but also captured the big picture (no pun intended). One thing that was unmistakable throughout our time with Emma was her true passion for what she does. There were countless times that I can remember her getting truly excited about finding a spot to take a picture or looking at a picture just after she took it with a big smile on her face and telling us "I can't wait for you guys to see these!" When someone has the enthusiasm about their work that Emma does, it shows in the results. We couldn't be happier with the way our photos came out. Looking through them is the closest thing to time travel - they really do transport you back to that place and time. We were incredibly lucky to have Emma photograph our day.

Emma

Hi! I'm Emma, owner and lead photographer of Emma Mullins Photography. My goal is to tell your story through photographs, whether it's your wedding, engagement, or a midday at-home lifestyle session just because. I just wrapped up my fourth Chicago wedding season, and it's been a crazy whirlwind of all things real and fabulous :) I share a live/work studio in Chicago with my designer-turned-handyman husband and our two "adorable" (ahem: weirdo) cats. We enjoy road tripping, visiting new breweries, and watching old Twin Peaks episodes in our spare time.