Award Winning DJs and Event Designers

Energy Event Group is an Award Winning, event production, entertainment and celebration design firm. Energy offers a modern, unique and innovating style exclusive DJ service that specializes in Wedding Entertainment.

3101 W 41ST ST, SIOUX FALLS, SD

Exceptional Quality and Entertainment

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Jason T

Copy of what I wrote to Energy Event Group: Jason, I wanted to thank you and Darnell, once again, for the incredible work that you did at Carrie and my wedding. What you did for us was so beyond music—it was entertainment. From the earliest moments of the ceremony, till the last song that night, you took the reins of leadership, ensuring that Carrie and I would not have to worry about the trivial matters of organization, time, and place. Your leadership gave Carrie and me the opportunity to enjoy the reception as guests, free from the distractions and confusion of ensuring that everyone and everything was the proper place. From the beginning of our relationship with EEG, Carrie would often remark at how professional and detailed you were in attending to her requests and interests; for that alone, I am incredibly grateful. As with any bride, Carrie had a great many responsibilities going into our special day, and it was so great that she never had to worry about the music or the general direction that the reception would take hour by hour. From the recommendations she received regarding your work, as well as her own contact with you, she was confident in your abilities and organization. I was really pleased with how you kept people on the dance floor throughout the night. It is a maxim of wedding receptions that when the dance floor goes empty, the guests will soon find their way to the door. We never experienced that problem. The mix of music/games, Darnell’s ability to work the floor, and your willingness to accommodate the guests and my requests kept people interested and entertained throughout the whole night. I really felt that Darnell was a pivotal piece in keeping everyone on the floor entertained. His general gregariousness coupled with his abilities on the floor made people feel comfortable and excited to be dancing. Please do not hesitate to use my name or any of this letter as a recommendation for your services. Wishing you the best of luck in the growth and future success of your business. Jason Thomas

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Jessica A

As we were preparing for our wedding, we were having a hard time finding a DJ that fit what we imagined. We found Energy Event Group and we contemplated whether it was worth the price, after all we could find cheaper DJs, but Energy Event Group was by far the best fit. I am glad that we invested our money into Energy Event Group. We met with Jason a few times prior to the wedding and he immediately was able to pick up on our characters (which is hard since we are both introverts). He picked up that we were very competitive and offered suggestions that fit our personalities as to how we could keep our guests entertained while they were waiting to go through the buffet line and the time in between the reception and the dance. The day of the wedding came and Jason & Darnell were dressed to the 9s and not in some cheesy uniform that other DJs arrive in. They communicated with us throughout the event and I never felt stressed, in fact their upbeat attitude put us at ease with no worries. We loved that while Jason was mixing beats, Darnell was keeping people on the dance floor. Jason also made my nephew’s night by letting him do the DJ’ing for the last hour or more. If you are thinking about getting a different DJ just because of the price, don’t! A week after our wedding, our guests aren’t talking about the cupcakes or the appetizers, they are talking about how great our DJ was and how they were entertained the whole night. I couldn’t ask for anything better for our guests to remember than how they felt at our celebration.

Energy Event Group = The Best Wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Deonne N

Jason and Darnell were AWESOME! I had never been to a wedding before where the DJs interacted so much with the guests, and I was so glad that it was MY wedding! From handing out glow in the dark necklaces (they were a HIT with young and old alike), dancing with the guests, keeping people fired up (and our crowd was a predominantly older crowd, so this was no small feat!)...they did an amazing job keeping the energy going at our wedding reception. The uplighting, monogram, and overall design of our wedding rocked - we had so many compliments about how cool it all looked. And what can I say about the value of having Jason being our "master of ceremony"?? It was so great knowing that we did not have to worry about the timing of events, the flow of events, and the fun that was added to everything. We never even talked to another DJ...we knew what type of classy, fun reception and dance we wanted...and you just can't go wrong with Energy Event Group!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Kendra C

Let me just start out by saying, these people are AMAZING. When I hired them I wasn't really sure what they were all about, but I had seen them at a family member's wedding and knew they were who I wanted. While planning my wedding, one thing I dealt with a lot was vendors who didn't respond to messages or phone calls. That was something I never had to worry about with EEG. Even if I emailed them late at night, I always got a response. Another thing that I liked was the fact that they take time to meet with you twice before the wedding to make sure everything is how YOU want it. And if you're not sure of something, they always have suggestions for you. At my reception I had some unfortunate events happen, but Darnell was able to keep the party going and was even able to cheer me up, and for that I will be forever grateful. It's hard for me to put into words how amazing these people are, but you will NOT be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Jason was absolutely amazing!! We booked him a little over a year in advance and throughout that year we met with him several times to go over plans for the big day. He made sure every question was answered and I honestly had no idea for some aspects like timing of different activites and songs and he was right there to answery questions and give suggestions!! He had online forms that I needed to complete which went over the entire night in detail so we knew exactly what we were getting! After all the planning it was wonderful to walk into the room and have everything look completely stunning!! He did uplighting around the room and the backdrop for our head table and a monogram. All of it was flawless!! He met us at the door and we spoke briefly about intros and of course took a wedding party selfie!! 😊 after our first dance he started right in with other activites for the night so that no one in the place could have possibly been bored!! I cannot express enough how amazing the entertainment was!!! He is THE BEST DJ!!!!! He exceeding my expectations especially when my groom does not dance and he was out on the floor almost the entire night!!! I had my doubts about Jason being able to get him out there but my husband actually said he was so happy with the way everything went even when he got surprised with having to do a sexy dance! Haha he kept everyone on the dance floor and involved throughout the night! Not only my groom who does not dance but my own father was out there dancing and Ive never seen him dance in my life!!! it was more than I could have imagined for our day and I know we made the right choice picking him!!! Definitely the best decision I made for my wedding as there were other things that didn't go as planned like my bouquet being wrong, the hotel losing the cake they were supposed to save for me and a few other things but absolutely nothing went wrong from Energy Event Group!! Jason had another DJ with as well and he was awesome too!! I had more fun than I have had in years!!!! I just cannot explain how happy I am I picked him for our entertainment!!! If you have the chance go with Jason!!! He books fast so if he's not available on your date and you don't already have other things booked change your date!!! He is THAT GOOD!! He even was nice enough to bring a camera and take pictures after our photographer left!!! I wish I could go back and do it all again it was that much fun!!! I read reviews of his services before and they do not do him justice even tbough they are all 5 out of 5 you jus cannot explain how amazing he is to have as a dj!!! I have not been to a whole lot of weddings but the ones I have I would probably rate them a 1.5 out of 5 compared to Jason! They are no where near as interactive or fun!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Sara

Energy event group did an amazing job at my reception. Everybody had to much fun, they kept all of our guests moving throughout the night!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015

Jason was awesome at helping us plan our special day. He was quick to remind us that it was OUR day and that we could do whatever we wanted to. The reception was absolutely perfect. we added the pin spotting and up lights around the room and it wouldn't have been the same without them! Darnell did an amazing job at the reception. I have never been to a wedding where the whole dance floor was completely filled with people from the time it started until the time it ended. I am still hearing compliments about how amazing the reception turned out.

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

Such an amazing entertainment crew to work with! Jason does an amazing job with everything! They made our wedding a dream and I wouldn't want it any other way. They included so many unique and fun things from the kissing game to glow sticks to amazing music to dance to. They were always wonderful communicators and Jason was great to work with. I would recommend them to any girl who has dreamed of a fairytale wedding. Nothing but the best for these guys! Such an amazing night!

Ver Beek Wedding

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Kelsey K

Having Energy Event Group for our wedding was the BEST choice we made!! From my first phone call with Jason, he was amazing to work with!! Any questions or concerns I had, he was quick to respond and always willing to help or give ideas. He and his team set up the most beautiful lighting at our reception. It was exactly what I had envisioned!!! As soon as we arrived at our reception, Jason and his team were on the ball and made everything flow! Every detail Jason and his team had worked out so we were able to truly enjoy our night and all our guests. We could not have asked for a better night! They were true entertainers and got the crowd involved, it was perfect. They were amazing to our wedding party and all of our guests. All of our guests have said how amazing our DJ was!! We cannot say enough great things about this company and would recommend them to EVERYONE getting married or having a celebration!!

Satisfied

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

I feel compelled to write a review for EEG because my wife and I are so pleased with them. When she first wanted to book them, I told her no. She did it anyway, as I'm learning is how marriage works, and she was absolutely right. Our reception was in a small town legion hall, and they turned it into something amazing! All of our guests were astonished! They kept the night exciting all night long, and truly made it our night. They outdid their expectations and were well worth every penny and more.

A Night to Remember

Reviewed on 1/14/2015

Jason, Darnell, and Eric did a fantastic job of keeping everyone moving at our reception. It was truly a night that we won't forget any time soon, and our guests continue to talk about the fun they had that evening. The EEG team was easy to work with, and it felt like we had all been friends for years! The moment we walked into our reception, we were in awe of how incredibly well-done the lighting was - it completely transformed the room. Throughout the night, energy was never lacking from any of the DJs, and it didn't go unnoticed. They kept us informed, listened to our questions, and added a personal touch wherever they could. Michael and I would recommend EEG without a doubt in our minds, they all do fabulous work!

Very Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Kara K

I'd like to give my highest recommendation for booking Energy Event Group for all of your future DJ needs. Our experience with EEG was nothing but positive from the beginning. We had 2 meetings with Jason prior to our big day in order to go over all of our wants, needs, likes, and dislikes. He worked hard to get to know us and tailor the services to our specific personalities. He was organized, professional, and fun. Darnell provided his services for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on January 3rd, 2015 at The District. We had not previously met with Darnell and this worried me a little bit - but he contacted us the week of the wedding to ensure that we were all on the same page for the upcoming event. We had a long conversation with him to go over all of the details and got off the phone feeling quite confident with how things would go. To put it simply, Darnell killed it. His energy and professionalism were off the charts. He constantly kept us informed of what was coming next and was always checking on us to see if we needed anything. We received several compliments related to Darnell from our wedding guests. We would highly recommend both EEG and Darnell for any future DJ needs you might have!

Wonderful night was had by all!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Jill S

EEG was the most-loved part of our wedding day by everyone and we are still getting compliments on how much fun people had! Darnell really played music to suit the entire spectrum of wedding guests and I didn't leave the dance floor once! He was also great at multi-tasking and took several pictures throughout the night. It was fantastic! I would highly recommend EEG for any wedding reception or event.

An amazing wedding night we will never forget

Reviewed on 12/31/2014

My wife, Katie and I, had looked at a few different options for DJs as we were planning our wedding. The initial DJ we met with was a little out of our price range and when we approached that issue with him to see if we could work out a better deal, we were told that some people just can’t afford his services. Needless to say, we were disappointed. After some additional searching, we heard about the Energy Event Group and what a great job they had done for some friends and acquaintances of ours. We immediately set up a meeting with Jason Yoshino to see if he would be available and willing to help us out on our special day. From that meeting through the wedding day itself, Jason was constantly engaged and helpful as we planned our wedding. At every step of the way, he brought a certain calmness to our discussions when we would be stressed about every detail of the wedding. Most of the time when we would ask questions and be worried about whether we had picked the right music, Jason would simply respond with, “Don’t worry. I’ve got this.” Truer words have never been spoken. From the moment the reception started, Jason kept our timeline on track and checked in to see if there was anything Katie, myself, or our families needed throughout the evening. When the dance started, Jason and his partner, Darnell, kept a strong majority of the wedding guests on the dance floor all night. From those at 14 all the way up to 80 years of age, both Jason and Darnell kept our guests dancing and having a great time. It was incredibly fun to have Darnell out on the dance floor with us, teaching new dance moves and having a great time. Aside from traditional dance moves, Jason and Darnell added some extra memories throughout the night by putting focus on my new bride, taking some great candid photos, and ensuring that everyone had a night they would never forget. It is because of Jason and Darnell that we now have wonderful memories of our wedding day that we, and our guests, will never forget. We have had a countless number of guests compliment us on how great the DJ was, and how unique and fun it was to have Darnell on the dance floor with everyone. Both Jason and Darnell were a class act and professional throughout our entire time working with them. For that and the memories they helped us to create, we will forever be indebted to them.

Darnell is the best!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Theresa B

Darnell was our DJ and he was amazing! I highly recommend him. He kept the party going all night and did everything we asked him to do. We had no idea he was going to get a fancy camera out and start taking pictures but we are happy he did! We are still waiting on the pictures and are so excited to see them!! We were on a budget so we did not go with any of the uplighting or monograms or anything extra, and it all turned out just fine thanks to Darnell. Although we probably could have with how much he helped us get during the garter auction and dollar dance, lol. Thanks again! You're the best!!!

Darnell the Dynamic DJ

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Kathryn M

We knew three and a half years ago that EEG (then, Energy Productions) would some day DJ for our own wedding. One of their guys had done a wedding we were both in and we had SO much fun! It finally came time to plan our own and Jason was so easy to work with through the whole process. He gave us great ideas and was very supportive, whether it was through emailing back and forth or Facebook messages, he was always there to respond. We received a phone call the week of the wedding from Darnell and between the 3 of us, I felt like we became best friends in the first few minutes getting to know each other!! We couldn't help but be impatient waiting for the big day/night with him in charge! Our guests immediately fell in love with Darnell! He was very educated and entertaining to not only listen to, but always knew just what to do next to keep the crowd going. Three weeks later and people of all ages are still talking about "Darnell, that DJ guy" and it warms our heart to know all of our family and friends will forever remember the fun, laughs, and memories that were shared on our PERFECT wedding day 10/4/14! EEG was worth every penny paid because they definitely made our night exactly what we had ever dreamed of!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Melissa O

Jason Yoshino was great to work with and a great entertainer. I did not feel like I had to worry about a thing! His lighting and all his awesome ideas really made our night special. He is very talented and I would recommend him to anyone!

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Caitlin J

From beginning to end, working with Energy Event Group was wonderful (and stress free which is nice when planning a wedding)! When we first contacted Jason to inquire about dates and packages, he responded almost immediately and we booked EEG that evening- without having anything else except a date. We were able to meet with Jason twice to go over the details of our reception and both times we left feeling more at ease than when we arrived. He was knowledgeable about the industry and offered tips and advice for our reception, which we greatly appreciated. Jason was even able to get our names in a specific style and font from the invitations and programs, and turn it into a matching monogram for our dance floor. Needless to say, we were blown away when walking in to our reception. The up lighting, pin spotting, monogram, energy- it was all amazing and helped make our wedding celebration perfect! Jason and Darnell were great at maintaining the energy and keeping the guests entertained and involved all night, everyone loved them! So many of our guests have said that it was the best wedding reception they have ever been to, and we agree- no one wanted to leave! Our night wouldn't have been the same without EEG, and we would recommend them to anyone without hesitation!!

Professionalism that cannot and will not be beat.

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 kara A

No amount of preparation on our part could have negated Jason's preparation. At our first meeting he had tips, pointers, and ideas for how the order of events should go and we agreed and are glad we did. The setup was amazing. When the wedding party arrived, Jason was waiting for us and had everything totally under control. Even if we wanted to worry about a small detail we couldn't because Jason had already had it taken care of. Everything flowed perfectly and we owe all of that to EEG and their coordination with our reception location. He kept us on the floor all night. Everyone was very impressed with the music and energy. They even brought some party favors for people toward the end of the dance. Energy Event Group was worth every penny and I even feel like we robbed them a little bit. Couldn't imagine our evening going any better. Thanks Jason and EEG!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

Jason was absolutely wonderful to work with! We heard of him from another couple he DJ'd for, and after talking with him on the phone we could tell he would be great. He was very organized, had many tips for the wedding and the reception, and was extremely knowledgable about whatever questions we had. The online forms were a great way to communicate before meeting in person, and after our meeting we were sure we had nothing to worry about. He told us that once the reception began he would take care of everything, and he definitely did! The reception went so smoothly and our guests had a terrific time - we couldn't have asked for better!

Amazingly Good Time!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Hannah C

EEG was so wonderful to work with! Our wedding reception was a BLAST!! It's three weeks later and we are still hearing about how awesome our wedding was and I couldn't agree more! I would highly recommend EEG to anyone and everyone looking for a good DJ to keep a party going!

WOW, AMAZING,FANTASTIC,UNIQUE

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Lonna V

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!! The EEG Team are not your ordinary DJs, they are true entertainers. For days everyone at our wedding was talking about how we had the most fantastic DJ (Darnell Pitts) they had ever experienced. Darnell was such an interactive entertainer. He maintained an excellent energy level throughout the entire night. He had everyone participating and on the dance floor. There was truly never a dull point during our celebration. We were beyond impressed with Darnell's services on our wedding night. My husband and I recommend EEG all the way. You will not regret booking the EEG Team. You will be blown away by the experience provided to you!!!!

SIMPLY FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Criscel M

Jason did an INCREDIBLE job in ensuring that our wedding day entertainment was a success. It was the little touches that he did that made it so special. Like dining trivia to dismiss our guests to the buffet line which kept everyone engaged as well as announcing the meaning of wedding traditions like cutting the cake. He was very responsive and took care of our requests as the night went on. He kept the guests entertained and on their feet. We knew we had picked the right group to help us with our day but receiving many compliments from our guests confirmed it. Definitely worth it if you want to have an amazing night!

Energy Event Group= FUN

Reviewed on 7/23/2014

To say Jason and Eric were unbelievable and fantastic, would be a total understatement!!! The coordination and expertise they will bring to your event will ONLY make it better!! Jason was excellent in offering suggestions, took charge of the timeline for the whole night and was responsive to guests without abandoning the basic plan. Eric was full of energy and dancing with us ALL night long! Everyone who helped decorate the night before thought the reception area looked great but when EEG added the backdrop and monogram it looked amazing! We received countless compliments since our wedding. There were even a few people that came up to Jason after the dance wondering if they could book their date. A number of friends told us how much fun they were having and that it was by far one of the best weddings they have ever been to! The night was perfect, we highly recommend EEG!

June 21, 2014-Hubert Wedding

Reviewed on 7/08/2014

Jason and Darnell were both awesome to work with and very personable. They communicated with us throughout the process of planning 3-4 different times including two in person meetings. Darnell kept our party going since the start of everyone arriving to Lunkers. They were seriously never a pause in the party. I also thought it was really cool how we got out on the dance floor with us during our wedding party dance and taught us all how to Wobble :) Everyone was commenting on our DJ and asking about him! No one wanted to leave the dance at 12:30 am, including Brandon and I!! They made our wedding a blast and also had cool lights and props to give out to our guests. It was definitely the perfect night and best wedding we could have asked for. I would recommend them to everyone.

TO Energy Event Group