Energy Event Group

Award Winning DJs and Event Designers

Energy Event Group is an Award Winning, event production, entertainment and celebration design firm. Energy offers a modern, unique and innovating style exclusive DJ service that specializes in Wedding Entertainment.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Chelcie W

BEYOND! PERFECT! Our experience with Jason and Energy Event Group was over the top AMAZING!!! From the minute we got engaged we knew that we had to call and book Jason right away! We went to every bridal show and talked to Jason and his team at each one, discussing what we... Read More wanted! They were always open and willing to answer any question that we had! When it came to our final meeting we finalized everything that we wanted from music at dinner, lighting, to special requests we had for the night! When we arrived at the hotel Jason was at the front door greeting us with a bright smile and greeted us as a newly married celebrity couple! Before the doors to the reception opened, Jason showed me something that him and Daymian had been planning and working on to surprise me and make our wedding a true fairytale! I loved it and was honored that Jason put that much time and commitment into making it perfect and listening to everything Daymian wanted to do! Once inside I was awed at how amazing and perfect the lighting looked all over the room and especially the pin spotting along with the backdrop behind the head table! It was more than I ever dreamed of! Jason informed all of our guests what was coming up and got ALL of our guests involved in the action of the reception! Jason played the part perfect when we asked him to do a different song before our bridal party dance to trick our guests into thinking there was not a big dance coming, when I had actually choreographed the dance! Throughout the dance he played songs that suited all age groups and every guests tastes! He did an amazing job at keeping the dance floor packed ALL NIGHT LONG!! Even the hotel staff told my dad "That dance floor was not big enough for all of your guests!" That is what happens when you have THE BEST DJ IN TOWN!! Jason even went above and beyond and played our Disney theme into the dinner music as well as a special song during the dance! He told Daymian that he had to follow the directions and do as the song said, next thing we knew "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid started and we had a blast dancing to that song and our guests loved it too! Throughout the whole dance Jason and his group were going around taking pictures and videos of us and our guests! Can NOT wait to see all of them! We also got the poshbooth photos, which we would say are an ABSOLUTE MUST to get from Jason and EEG! The pictures that people post and get printed out are priceless! At the end of the dance Jason could not believe how many people were left! We told him that it was all him and without an amazing DJ the party wouldn't have been as amazing and successful as it was! All of our guests said that our wedding dance was the BEST one they had been too! We have Jason and his team at EEG to thank!! We recommended Jason to my sister who is having him at her Sept 2016 wedding, as well as ALL of our friends who will be getting married in the future! My dream fairytale wedding could not have happened without all of Jason's help! He made the lighting, the backdrop, the music, the dance, the PARTY beyond ANYTHING I ever could have dreamed of! We as a couple are sad to be done working with Jason and his team because it was above and beyond any other services. You will NEVER regret booking and working with Jason! We had the BEST wedding EVER and will ALWAYS remember it! Thank you sooooooo much Jason for everything! :)

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Bethanna F

Jason was so great to work with from day 1. I knew before I even got engaged that they were the most important vendor to have at my wedding and I wasn't wrong! Through our meetings and countless emails, Jason always had an answer, even if it wasn't what we hired him for. On the... Read More day of the wedding, I was constantly told what a calm bride I was and I attribute a lot of that to Jason as I knew he had everything at the reception handled and would take care of any problems. From the minute we arrive, he truly made us feel like celebrities. Never once did I wonder when something was going to happen or if he would forget to do a certain part of the dance we wanted-he had it all planned perfectly. He also did the lighting and I cannot recommend enough to add this on-it adds so much to the reception and making it feel very fancy. We have gotten numerous compliments on how much fun people had and I cannot recommend his company enough!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 josh m

Jason and Darnell were BEYOND AMAZING! i new years in advance that i would be choosing them for our big day, so when that time came it was as simple as calling Jason up and seeing what dates he had available, luckliy November 14th was open because that was the day Katie wanted... Read More to get married! from that moment on Jason was in contact with us either through email or setting up a meeting, we went over everything several times to make sure our day went PERFECT. i recommend the glow package for sure! young and old guests loved it! my biggest concern was keeping everyones attention and keeping the dance floor full and Darnell reassured me several times that he would do that no questions asked, and he followed through on that promise! everyone commented on how much fun they had ALL night long, from all the games we played to Darnell teaching some of the "older" guest dance moves to Darnell even leaning a few new dances! We could not have asked for better service Enrgy Event Group is by far the best DJ company to get if you want to have the most profesional, entertaining dance your pants off fun you could ever imagine! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for EVERYTHING. Still sore from dancing all night, Josh and Katie McFarlane

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Meagan G

Jason did an absolutely amazing job at our reception. We couldn't have imagined a better DJ, entertainer and crowd pleaser! Although, we did have a bump in the road on our way back from the ceremony -- but we arrived to the reception and Jason did a wonderful job making sure our... Read More minds were there in the present and making sure WE were having a blast and helped us ease our minds. HANDS DOWN THEE BEST DJ GROUP AROUND!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! ☺ Nathan and I can't thank you enough for everything you did for us Jason. It was a night we will never forget!! -Mrs. Meagan Baumgarn

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Miranda V

We loved having Darnell as the DJ for our wedding! He kept the whole night running smoothly and kept us on schedule. He got the whole crowd involved with the dance and was super high energy which worked perfectly with our crowd!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Steph G

Booking Energy was one of the best decisions I made when it came to our wedding! They are the best in the business and worth every penny! I have to say my mom wasn't too enthused when she saw the price but the morning after our wedding her first comment was....they are worth... Read More it!! Darnell was AWESOME!! We didn't get off the dance floor all night!! I recommend them to anyone asking who to book for DJ services!! And the lighting they did made the room look breathtaking!! Jason was so helpful with any questions I had throughout the entire process! He even went as far as to call venues for me when we were having a hard time getting a hold of some! They go above and beyond and we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Heather H

I know the importance of a good DJ, but i never thought a DJ would blow my wedding out of the water! They made the day all about me (the bride) :) They were not obnoxious, and that was the LONGEST congo line i have ever seen. I got texts and calls the next day asking who this DJ... Read More was and how to contact them! Amazing! My husband and I were EXTREMELY happy!! :D :D :D :D

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Kayla B

Jason was the first vendor that we booked. We had went to a wedding where he was the DJ and my boyfriend (now husband) and I were on the dance floor the whole night long! Once we got engaged, we knew we wanted Jason for our special day. I realize that most people have a budget... Read More for their wedding, but if I can give one piece of advice it would be DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A DJ!! The music and the flow of the night is what makes a good reception and it’s also what your guests will remember! Jason gave us his recommendations on a timeline for the night (when to cut the cake, dances, etc). We trusted him because he was the expert and we were not disappointed with his advice. Several of our guests complemented that we did the cake cutting and dances right away… they were happy that the dance party was never interrupted!! As far as the dance, all I can say is WOW! We had an incredible time. Jason and Eric had everyone out on the dance floor the whole night long. Our guests are still telling us how much fun they had! My husband and I purchased the glow stick package and we would recommend that everyone buys this! It’s inexpensive and it made the night so much more fun. It’s a great way to make your dance stand out from everyone else’s. Furthermore, if you have guests that don’t dance, it gives them something to do with their hands so they can join in on the fun! We could tell that Jason got to know us judging by the last song he played. We loved the fact that “piano man” played as our closest friends and family circled around us screaming the lyrics. We couldn’t imagine ending the dance any other way. We highly recommend Jason and EEG. They made our night unforgettable. We wish we could relive the day over and over and over again! Thanks!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Jen S

I went to a friends wedding about 5 years ago and Energy Event Group was their entertainment. Since that awesome night I knew that I HAD to have Energy Event Group at my future wedding reception. Not even 5 days after being engaged, I messaged Jason and asked what dates he had... Read More left for 2015 and he only had 2 so we picked one. You know the entertainment is good when a bride and groom choose their wedding date based off their availability. Tim didn't understand why I wanted to have them so badly because its "just the DJ". Energy Event Group is not just a DJ service. Darnell and Jason were so helpful during our wedding planning experience and in some ways played the role of a wedding planner because they were so involved and wanted to make sure our day was perfect. Our families prefer to mingle instead of being on the dance floor all night so Darnell had quite the challenge on his hands. It was unbelievable how he got everyone involved and by the end of the night the dance floor was packed with our family and friends - and even some crashers from the reception next door. Tim (and many other guests) came up to me multiple times during our reception raving about how fantastic Darnell was and he finally understood how important it is to hire the right entertainment. Our wedding day was perfect - and having Darnell and EEG at our Reception was the icing on the cake. I am still hearing about how much fun our reception was and it just makes me smile! Thank you guys for an incredible wedding reception!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Kaylee W

Words cannot express just how thrilled we were with our decision to have Event Energy Group DJ our wedding celebration. We had been to previous weddings before ours where EEG provided entertainment and knew that we had to have them. For those wondering what the pros vs. cons are... Read More when deciding on a DJ service, EEG will provide you every reason to choose them! Jason was extremely professional during our celebration and was always checking in with us. He was flexible during the reception and “rolled with the punches” well. After the wedding was over, we continued to receive Facebook messages of pictures and videos he had captured of our special night which was SO much fun to get to relive the moments so soon. The entire day goes by in such a whirlwind so being able to have those moments within a day to relive brought so many emotions and happiness back. If you are on the fence on who to have as your DJ you are a fool to not choose EEG as your entertainment for the night!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Kaylee W

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Kristin P

WOW is what I have to say about Energy Event Group. Jason was our DJ and to say he was phenomenal is an absolute understatement! I had known when booking him that he was the best, but I couldn't have imagined just how perfect our day would be with Jason. From the planning... Read More process through the wedding day, Jason was there every step of the way. He paid close attention to details and listened to what we wanted. He also made suggestions about how to take things to the next level and he was spot on with every single piece of advice. In the days leading up to the wedding, he stayed in touch with us and spent hours setting up our reception room. It was STUNNING. I was speechless when I saw how beautiful the room looked with the draping, uplighting and pin-spotting. It gave it the extra shine it needed to be absolutely breath-taking. I couldn’t have pictured it to look that great even in my dreams. When it came time for our reception, everything went perfectly. Jason was so fun to have around and made things extra special for Jake, myself, and our wedding party. He kept the reception flowing smoothly and kept our guests entertained all night long. He even checked up on Jake and I to make sure we were comfortable throughout the night. We had already gotten our money’s worth and then some before the dance even started! Our dance was a blast and a half! It was packed from start to finish and I know our guests would have stayed all night long if they could have. I have never seen so many people still present at the end of a wedding before. I have had countless guests tell me that ours was the most fun wedding they had ever been to, and that is all thanks to Jason and Energy Event Group. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day! Energy is truly the best at what they do and I guarantee they won’t let you down!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Marc C

I heard about Energy Event Group through my parents. They had attended a wedding of a friend where they were the DJ. My parents aren't really the dancing type but they told me they danced all night because the DJ was so good. That fact alone wanted me to hire these guys.... Read More Jason and Darnell provided everything they said they would and more than what we expected. I had more people than I can count tell me how much fun our DJ was and how much fun they had at our reception. We danced all night and that surprised me. We were having so much fun we didn't realize the time at all. This was a party we will never forget. COMPLETELY WORTH IT. They provided everything they said they would and then went beyond all expectations. I would recommend these guys for any party, wedding, birthday, reunions, etc. I wish I could find an excuse to have another reception just so we can party with these guys again.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Nicole l

My husband and I were lucky enough to get EEG for our event. I was stoked... its my day and I wanted the best of the best and they were it. Everything went smoothly with the planning. Jason and Darnell were professional, fun and thorough. Me and my husband aren't much of the TOP... Read More 40 type but we trusted them to make the right decisions and allowed our guidance and opinions. So here I am, its my wedding day. Its 20 minutes before the ceremony and I am "In Hiding". I have my phone and I get a text from a guest who had just arrived (side note: we live 3 hours from Sioux falls) and this is what I read: "OMG You hired Energy?? Tonight is going to be the BEST. NIGHT. EVER." That was an understatement. I cant even begin to put a number on how many compliments we received on the DJs, their song choices, the lighting, etc. The dance floor was full from beginning to end - which just so happened to be 4am? The entire event was 100%! They never stopped making sure the party was top notch from beginning to end. They were fun, knowledgeable, interactive, entertaining, engaging... I can not put into words what an impact they had on our special day. One thing that really made them exceptional is that their services did not begin and end with the wedding... They were thorough in the planning, organized and kept in touch. They made the day/set up run smooth and did not bother me once with details when I was very preoccupied - they professionally took care of everything, they made the party exceptional and gave me and my guests a night we will never forget, they followed up, made social media posts of pictures and videos - so much more than just "THE day". They really are the full package and I could NOT have imagined the most important day of my life without them!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Kendra C

Let me just start out by saying, these people are AMAZING. When I hired them I wasn't really sure what they were all about, but I had seen them at a family member's wedding and knew they were who I wanted. While planning my wedding, one thing I dealt with a lot was vendors who... Read More didn't respond to messages or phone calls. That was something I never had to worry about with EEG. Even if I emailed them late at night, I always got a response. Another thing that I liked was the fact that they take time to meet with you twice before the wedding to make sure everything is how YOU want it. And if you're not sure of something, they always have suggestions for you. At my reception I had some unfortunate events happen, but Darnell was able to keep the party going and was even able to cheer me up, and for that I will be forever grateful. It's hard for me to put into words how amazing these people are, but you will NOT be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Jason was absolutely amazing!! We booked him a little over a year in advance and throughout that year we met with him several times to go over plans for the big day. He made sure every question was answered and I honestly had no idea for some aspects like timing of different... Read More activites and songs and he was right there to answery questions and give suggestions!! He had online forms that I needed to complete which went over the entire night in detail so we knew exactly what we were getting! After all the planning it was wonderful to walk into the room and have everything look completely stunning!! He did uplighting around the room and the backdrop for our head table and a monogram. All of it was flawless!! He met us at the door and we spoke briefly about intros and of course took a wedding party selfie!! 😊 after our first dance he started right in with other activites for the night so that no one in the place could have possibly been bored!! I cannot express enough how amazing the entertainment was!!! He is THE BEST DJ!!!!! He exceeding my expectations especially when my groom does not dance and he was out on the floor almost the entire night!!! I had my doubts about Jason being able to get him out there but my husband actually said he was so happy with the way everything went even when he got surprised with having to do a sexy dance! Haha he kept everyone on the dance floor and involved throughout the night! Not only my groom who does not dance but my own father was out there dancing and Ive never seen him dance in my life!!! it was more than I could have imagined for our day and I know we made the right choice picking him!!! Definitely the best decision I made for my wedding as there were other things that didn't go as planned like my bouquet being wrong, the hotel losing the cake they were supposed to save for me and a few other things but absolutely nothing went wrong from Energy Event Group!! Jason had another DJ with as well and he was awesome too!! I had more fun than I have had in years!!!! I just cannot explain how happy I am I picked him for our entertainment!!! If you have the chance go with Jason!!! He books fast so if he's not available on your date and you don't already have other things booked change your date!!! He is THAT GOOD!! He even was nice enough to bring a camera and take pictures after our photographer left!!! I wish I could go back and do it all again it was that much fun!!! I read reviews of his services before and they do not do him justice even tbough they are all 5 out of 5 you jus cannot explain how amazing he is to have as a dj!!! I have not been to a whole lot of weddings but the ones I have I would probably rate them a 1.5 out of 5 compared to Jason! They are no where near as interactive or fun!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Sara

Energy event group did an amazing job at my reception. Everybody had to much fun, they kept all of our guests moving throughout the night!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015

Jason was awesome at helping us plan our special day. He was quick to remind us that it was OUR day and that we could do whatever we wanted to. The reception was absolutely perfect. we added the pin spotting and up lights around the room and it wouldn't have been the same... Read More without them! Darnell did an amazing job at the reception. I have never been to a wedding where the whole dance floor was completely filled with people from the time it started until the time it ended. I am still hearing compliments about how amazing the reception turned out.

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

Such an amazing entertainment crew to work with! Jason does an amazing job with everything! They made our wedding a dream and I wouldn't want it any other way. They included so many unique and fun things from the kissing game to glow sticks to amazing music to dance to. They... Read More were always wonderful communicators and Jason was great to work with. I would recommend them to any girl who has dreamed of a fairytale wedding. Nothing but the best for these guys! Such an amazing night!

Ver Beek Wedding

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Kelsey K

Having Energy Event Group for our wedding was the BEST choice we made!! From my first phone call with Jason, he was amazing to work with!! Any questions or concerns I had, he was quick to respond and always willing to help or give ideas. He and his team set up the most beautiful... Read More lighting at our reception. It was exactly what I had envisioned!!! As soon as we arrived at our reception, Jason and his team were on the ball and made everything flow! Every detail Jason and his team had worked out so we were able to truly enjoy our night and all our guests. We could not have asked for a better night! They were true entertainers and got the crowd involved, it was perfect. They were amazing to our wedding party and all of our guests. All of our guests have said how amazing our DJ was!! We cannot say enough great things about this company and would recommend them to EVERYONE getting married or having a celebration!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

I feel compelled to write a review for EEG because my wife and I are so pleased with them. When she first wanted to book them, I told her no. She did it anyway, as I'm learning is how marriage works, and she was absolutely right. Our reception was in a small town legion hall,... Read More and they turned it into something amazing! All of our guests were astonished! They kept the night exciting all night long, and truly made it our night. They outdid their expectations and were well worth every penny and more.

A Night to Remember

Reviewed on 1/14/2015

Jason, Darnell, and Eric did a fantastic job of keeping everyone moving at our reception. It was truly a night that we won't forget any time soon, and our guests continue to talk about the fun they had that evening. The EEG team was easy to work with, and it felt like we had all... Read More been friends for years! The moment we walked into our reception, we were in awe of how incredibly well-done the lighting was - it completely transformed the room. Throughout the night, energy was never lacking from any of the DJs, and it didn't go unnoticed. They kept us informed, listened to our questions, and added a personal touch wherever they could. Michael and I would recommend EEG without a doubt in our minds, they all do fabulous work!

Very Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Kara K

I'd like to give my highest recommendation for booking Energy Event Group for all of your future DJ needs. Our experience with EEG was nothing but positive from the beginning. We had 2 meetings with Jason prior to our big day in order to go over all of our wants, needs, likes,... Read More and dislikes. He worked hard to get to know us and tailor the services to our specific personalities. He was organized, professional, and fun. Darnell provided his services for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on January 3rd, 2015 at The District. We had not previously met with Darnell and this worried me a little bit - but he contacted us the week of the wedding to ensure that we were all on the same page for the upcoming event. We had a long conversation with him to go over all of the details and got off the phone feeling quite confident with how things would go. To put it simply, Darnell killed it. His energy and professionalism were off the charts. He constantly kept us informed of what was coming next and was always checking on us to see if we needed anything. We received several compliments related to Darnell from our wedding guests. We would highly recommend both EEG and Darnell for any future DJ needs you might have!

Wonderful night was had by all!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Jill S

EEG was the most-loved part of our wedding day by everyone and we are still getting compliments on how much fun people had! Darnell really played music to suit the entire spectrum of wedding guests and I didn't leave the dance floor once! He was also great at multi-tasking and... Read More took several pictures throughout the night. It was fantastic! I would highly recommend EEG for any wedding reception or event.

An amazing wedding night we will never forget

Reviewed on 12/31/2014

My wife, Katie and I, had looked at a few different options for DJs as we were planning our wedding. The initial DJ we met with was a little out of our price range and when we approached that issue with him to see if we could work out a better deal, we were told that some... Read More people just can’t afford his services. Needless to say, we were disappointed. After some additional searching, we heard about the Energy Event Group and what a great job they had done for some friends and acquaintances of ours. We immediately set up a meeting with Jason Yoshino to see if he would be available and willing to help us out on our special day. From that meeting through the wedding day itself, Jason was constantly engaged and helpful as we planned our wedding. At every step of the way, he brought a certain calmness to our discussions when we would be stressed about every detail of the wedding. Most of the time when we would ask questions and be worried about whether we had picked the right music, Jason would simply respond with, “Don’t worry. I’ve got this.” Truer words have never been spoken. From the moment the reception started, Jason kept our timeline on track and checked in to see if there was anything Katie, myself, or our families needed throughout the evening. When the dance started, Jason and his partner, Darnell, kept a strong majority of the wedding guests on the dance floor all night. From those at 14 all the way up to 80 years of age, both Jason and Darnell kept our guests dancing and having a great time. It was incredibly fun to have Darnell out on the dance floor with us, teaching new dance moves and having a great time. Aside from traditional dance moves, Jason and Darnell added some extra memories throughout the night by putting focus on my new bride, taking some great candid photos, and ensuring that everyone had a night they would never forget. It is because of Jason and Darnell that we now have wonderful memories of our wedding day that we, and our guests, will never forget. We have had a countless number of guests compliment us on how great the DJ was, and how unique and fun it was to have Darnell on the dance floor with everyone. Both Jason and Darnell were a class act and professional throughout our entire time working with them. For that and the memories they helped us to create, we will forever be indebted to them.