Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

PO Box 88736, SIOUX FALLS, SD

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Chelcie W

BEYOND! PERFECT! Our experience with Jason and Energy Event Group was over the top AMAZING!!! From the minute we got engaged we knew that we had to call and book Jason right away! We went to every bridal show and talked to Jason and his team at each one, discussing what we... Read More wanted! They were always open and willing to answer any question that we had! When it came to our final meeting we finalized everything that we wanted from music at dinner, lighting, to special requests we had for the night! When we arrived at the hotel Jason was at the front door greeting us with a bright smile and greeted us as a newly married celebrity couple! Before the doors to the reception opened, Jason showed me something that him and Daymian had been planning and working on to surprise me and make our wedding a true fairytale! I loved it and was honored that Jason put that much time and commitment into making it perfect and listening to everything Daymian wanted to do! Once inside I was awed at how amazing and perfect the lighting looked all over the room and especially the pin spotting along with the backdrop behind the head table! It was more than I ever dreamed of! Jason informed all of our guests what was coming up and got ALL of our guests involved in the action of the reception! Jason played the part perfect when we asked him to do a different song before our bridal party dance to trick our guests into thinking there was not a big dance coming, when I had actually choreographed the dance! Throughout the dance he played songs that suited all age groups and every guests tastes! He did an amazing job at keeping the dance floor packed ALL NIGHT LONG!! Even the hotel staff told my dad "That dance floor was not big enough for all of your guests!" That is what happens when you have THE BEST DJ IN TOWN!! Jason even went above and beyond and played our Disney theme into the dinner music as well as a special song during the dance! He told Daymian that he had to follow the directions and do as the song said, next thing we knew "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid started and we had a blast dancing to that song and our guests loved it too! Throughout the whole dance Jason and his group were going around taking pictures and videos of us and our guests! Can NOT wait to see all of them! We also got the poshbooth photos, which we would say are an ABSOLUTE MUST to get from Jason and EEG! The pictures that people post and get printed out are priceless! At the end of the dance Jason could not believe how many people were left! We told him that it was all him and without an amazing DJ the party wouldn't have been as amazing and successful as it was! All of our guests said that our wedding dance was the BEST one they had been too! We have Jason and his team at EEG to thank!! We recommended Jason to my sister who is having him at her Sept 2016 wedding, as well as ALL of our friends who will be getting married in the future! My dream fairytale wedding could not have happened without all of Jason's help! He made the lighting, the backdrop, the music, the dance, the PARTY beyond ANYTHING I ever could have dreamed of! We as a couple are sad to be done working with Jason and his team because it was above and beyond any other services. You will NEVER regret booking and working with Jason! We had the BEST wedding EVER and will ALWAYS remember it! Thank you sooooooo much Jason for everything! :)

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kanitia S

My Husband and I had a amazing experience with Energy Event Group. Darnell was our DJ and every guest we have spoke to has raved about how awesome our DJ was. Our photographer left before the father daughter dance and before I could even start to worry about it Darnell came to... Read More me and said "don't worry about it, I will take care of you." He took plenty of pictures the rest of the night and I was able to purchase them for a very reasonable rate. I would recommend EEG to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Wanda S

I cannot say enough good things about Jason and his crew!! They went above and beyond! People loved em, stayed and danced all night long! They made the party flow with no down time. I would give them "10 stars" if that was an option!! Thanks EEG!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allie H

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ than Darnell from EEG!! He made the night go so smooth I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Jason was super accommodating as we booked our date around their availability! Darnell called a couple nights before to go through how the... Read More evening would go, that was a breath of fresh air! Darnell was so much fun we had a lot of compliments that night and still getting compliments on how fun and interactive he was! If someone didn't know the dance to the songs Darnell was out there showing everyone how it was done!! Can't express enough how much fun and perfect our special night was!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Molly E

OH. MY. GOSH. Darnell from EEG made our wedding day! He truly was better than we could have even imagined. As soon as we showed up to the reception Darnell made the night run flawlessly. Our guests were dancing the whole night, the dance floor never died. He was great at getting... Read More everyone to the dance floor. People keep saying how they didn't even know so-and-so would dance, or that so-and-so was so much fun. He truly made the night. He played songs for all the ages and knew what to play and when. I could rave all day long about how great EEG and Darnell were for our special day, I would not change one thing! Thank you to Darnell!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Bethany B

As a wedding vendor myself, I knew my wedding had to be top notch and I only wanted the best of the best for vendors. This definitely included Darnell and EEG. Darnell had everyone on the dance floor the whole night and I got many comments at how great and exciting he was. The... Read More whole night felt like a friend was DJing; a really incredibly talented friend. I will always recommend EEG to my friends, family and clients.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brooke K

Energy Event Group blew us out of the water. We were so happy with them! The night was more than we imagined. Jason helped me the whole night, kept us on schedule the whole night, and got everyone on the dance floor. Our friends and relatives are still talking about the night... Read More and how beautiful and fun it was. I will suggest Energy Event Group to every person who needs a DJ or entertainment group! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Mindy H

If I could give these guys 10 out of 5 stars, I would - Because they are off the charts good! We had Jason and Darian for our wedding, and they really are worth every single penny. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. So many of our guests have commented on how much fun... Read More they had and how awesome our DJ was. Everyone was impressed with their work, not just my husband and I. They really know how to entertain a crowd and keep a party alive! They have so many different services they can offer as well. Their work is continually evolving to be the better than the rest! I cannot truly express how satisfied and impressed we were with their work. They MADE our wedding reception as amazing as it was. If there is one thing you should splurge on when you are planning your wedding, Energy Event Group is the best decision you could make! Our wedding night was the best night ever - but it would not have been as great if it wasn't for Jason and EEG. They are all great people to work with. And they really tailor their work to what YOU want. Booking Energy Event Group is an absolute must for your wedding day fairytale!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Katie C

We booked everything for our wedding around when Jason had availability and he did not disappoint. Anytime I had any questions he responded right away and helped plan the timing of the reception and it was perfect. He kept everyone engaged and entertained. He could easily... Read More judge the crowd to know what music to play to get everyone out on the dance floor. He made everything go AMAZING. From the time we arrived at the venue he greeted us outside and made sure we had everything we needed. During the reception he made sure we knew exactly when the the big events were going to happen (dances, bouquet toss, garter auction) so we could be prepared for them. He even made sure we got pieces of cake. We had several people come up to us the next day and say they had never been to a wedding where the dj was that involved and that it was AWESOME. I just want to say thank you Jason for making it the best night ever.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Amy P

We had a wonderful experience with Energy Event Group! Jason and Darnell made or wedding day absolutely perfect. They made sure all of our guest were entertained and having a blast. We had a ton of compliments from people on what a great DJ we had, and how much fun they made our... Read More wedding. We HIGHLY recommend Energy Event Group!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Kaitlynn B

These guys made my wedding dreams come true. During the planning of the wedding Jason really worked with my husband and I since we were a state away. During the reception Jason would walk around and talk with all of our friends and family and would incorporate some of our... Read More friends' inside jokes to the party. They kept the party going all night and there was always people on the dance floor. Amazing night!!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Retta D

Working with Jason and Darnell at Energy Event Group was amazing! We met with Jason twice before our wedding day and also had phone conversations with Darnell to plan our perfect night. They were both very accommodating. The actual night went perfect! Darnell worked the dance... Read More floor and made sure everyone was entertained. He also ran our trivia to dismiss tables and also incorporated other fun games into the night. We got a lot of compliments that night and after the night about how great our DJ was. Thanks Energy Event Group for making our special day the best ever!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Emily S

For my wedding day I was adamant on having the best party ever so I wanted the best! After doing some research I booked Darnell with Energy Enent Group 2 years prior to my wedding! After I booked them I kept asking myself why did I do that? I could have booked someone closer to... Read More my venue and less expensive! I have amazing friends, and do not need a good DJ for us to have fun! Boy was I wrong! Energy Event Group is more than a DJ service! They think of everything! Darnell was so amazing! He kepted me updated! He danced, he sang, he knew exactly what to do if people where leaving the dance floor! He lead a massive conga line around the reception venue! At 1:30 pm, which is the time the venue said the music had to stop, you could not have fit more people on the dance floor! I had numerous people ask about the company and a couple getting married later in September wishing they would have booked Darnell when they had the chance! Thank you to Jason and Darnell with EEG on making my day perfect!! If I had to do it over again I would book them every time!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Melissa F

I had the pleasure of having Jason with Energy Event Group DJ my wedding this past weekend. I come from a very large family and 95% of my guests had to travel to Sioux Falls for our wedding. So the entertainment was by far our #1 priority. I asked around for the best DJ in town... Read More and every single time people told me Jason from Energy Event Group. Wow were they right! The entire evening was full of energy and excitement. He even provided glow sticks that all the kids LOVED! I have had numerous friends and family of mine tell me that our wedding was by far the best wedding they have ever been to. That the DJ was the best entertainer they have ever seen. I even had my grandparents, who are farmers, stay up to 1 am to enjoy the party. With both of them saying that was the funnest reception they have ever been to. Ever been to!!!..... and they are in their mid 70's so that's huge! If I had to do it all over again with no hesitation I would book with Jason from Energy Event Group again!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Reagan J

EEG was absolutely amazing! There are no other words. I couldn't have imagined anything else that would have been more perfect for our dinner and reception. Darnell played all the right music at the right times, and definitely knew how to pump up the crowd. Everyone at our... Read More dance, including myself, had nothing but positive and perfect things to say about Darnell and EEG. I am going to recommend EEG to absolutely anyone who is planning a wedding! Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Reagan J

Darnell and EEG were absolutely amazing to work with. Our wedding dance was one of the most fun, interactive, and exciting dances I have even been to. Everything was perfect, and I would use EEG all over again! I will definitely recommend EEG to anyone that is planning a... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 April M

Jason Yoshino and Energy Event Group are AWESOME! We knew we had to secure them the minute we got engaged! Our reception was a night to remember. Our guests were dancing the night away! If you want professionalism, honesty, dependability, attentiveness then look no further!... Read More Energy Event Group is the best in the business!! I am so thankful you guys were available and rocked our reception!!! :)

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Jaci D

EEG was recommended to me by a few of my friends that used them. I wasn't let down! They did a wonderful job and were very organized. I knew that on my wedding day I didn't even have to worry about the flow of the reception, everything was handled perfectly and I could just... Read More enjoy every minute instead of trying to organize when things needed to happen. Darnell did an absolutely perfect job at keeping the dance floor going. We got married on May 14, 2016 and a month later people are still telling me how much fun they had at our wedding. Mission accomplished!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Megan H

BLEW AWAY ALL EXPECTATIONS!!!! When we were looking for a DJ the only thing we thought we were looking for was someone to play music and provide microphones for speeches and toasts. Come to find out there was a whole lot more to what goes on! We had quite a few meetings with... Read More Jason that would outline everything that we wanted and he would also give us his own feedback which helps out a lot. Our DJ for the big day was Darnell and honestly, no joke, the experience that he had given everyone was talked about for days/weeks after our wedding was over. Darnell made sure that the right music played at the right times and easily swayed people on the dance floor showing them some of the dance moves and making sure everyone involved was having a great time. The family that I married in to always has pretty large gatherings, the most recent one was a large celebration for anniversaries and birthdays in which over 100 people showed up for the festivities. For this party they hired a local dj and a local band to keep people entertained. After the experience that her family had on our wedding day, the next time a DJ is needed for any of these parties, they will be calling up EEG! There is a reason why they have so many awards and so many perfect ratings, these guys are hands down the best of the best!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Max Weinberg, Charlie Lopez and Adam Davis put on an amazing wedding for us in Ft. Myers, FL last weekend. Max was fantastic during our planning sessions and was especially accommodating since we live in NY. We asked Max for a fun and exciting reception and he and Charlie... Read More certainly delivered as our guests were dancing all night and cannot stop raving about the experience! Adam did a great job with our photo booth and the whole team helped create lasting memories we can all look back on for years to come. We definitely highly recommend Max and EEG for anyone looking to have a fun high energy reception!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016

Miko and I could not be happier about how special, joyful and what a blessing the wedding day was. Jason was absolutely perfect. I found great comfort in the level of professionalism that performed his job; from our first meeting through the night of the wedding. He cared about... Read More every detail and really tried to understand the vision. He is a great communicator and was very upfront and honest if he had an idea that his experience has taught him. The night of the ceremony he was on top of his game, everything went perfect. It gave us such peace knowing that we didn't have to worry about how things would go at the ceremony because Jason was on top of it. So many people told me "It is impossible to leave this dance floor because it was great song after great song!" Everyone had fun. It takes a team to put on a great wedding and Jason/Energy Event Group are people that you want on your team. I can't say enough, you are great at what you do!! Thank you for the role you played in the best day of my life!! Highest regards, Dr. Chad Herrboldt

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Alyssa A

We knew right when we got engaged we needed Jason as our DJ. We had heard many awesome things about him, plus he knew half the wedding party so that made it even better! We planned our reception around what he had available. He was super helpful with finding us a venue. We had a... Read More bunch of issues come up while planning our wedding. Jason was the one and only thing that went off without a single problem. It turned out perfect regardless of all my stress! The dj and entertainment is the most important part of a wedding reception. We had many compliments about how fun our wedding was. I recommend jason and his team!!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kelly W

I loved working with this company!! We had Max as our DJ in Ft Myers and he was amazing. We had multiple forms of contact for him and he answered each one quickly and efficiently. He made sure we had everything we needed and offering suggestions of song choices and different... Read More things we could do to make our night special and different. Everyone had a great time at the wedding. He even surprised us during a special family song that we Ickes with light up saber things to have fun with. It could not have gone any better with Max as our master of ceremony!! The dance floor was hopping all night long!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Lindsey S

Jason and EEG were beyond amazing to work with for our wedding. Jason took the time to get every little detail Mitch and I wanted for our wedding. He also had the idea of honoring Mitch's brother and sister-in-law a first dance that they were unable to have due to his military... Read More service. They will never forget that moment and neither will we. He also saved us when our slideshow wasn't working. Everything went so smooth and we had many people ask for their information for future events! Thanks Jadon!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Bethanna F

Jason was so great to work with from day 1. I knew before I even got engaged that they were the most important vendor to have at my wedding and I wasn't wrong! Through our meetings and countless emails, Jason always had an answer, even if it wasn't what we hired him for. On the... Read More day of the wedding, I was constantly told what a calm bride I was and I attribute a lot of that to Jason as I knew he had everything at the reception handled and would take care of any problems. From the minute we arrive, he truly made us feel like celebrities. Never once did I wonder when something was going to happen or if he would forget to do a certain part of the dance we wanted-he had it all planned perfectly. He also did the lighting and I cannot recommend enough to add this on-it adds so much to the reception and making it feel very fancy. We have gotten numerous compliments on how much fun people had and I cannot recommend his company enough!

Start a Conversation!