Award Winning DJs and Event Designers

Energy Event Group is an Award Winning, event production, entertainment and celebration design firm. Energy offers a modern, unique and innovating style exclusive DJ service that specializes in Wedding Entertainment.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

PO Box 88736, SIOUX FALLS, SD

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Chelcie W

BEYOND! PERFECT! Our experience with Jason and Energy Event Group was over the top AMAZING!!! From the minute we got engaged we knew that we had to call and book Jason right away! We went to every bridal show and talked to Jason and his team at each one, discussing what we... Read More wanted! They were always open and willing to answer any question that we had! When it came to our final meeting we finalized everything that we wanted from music at dinner, lighting, to special requests we had for the night! When we arrived at the hotel Jason was at the front door greeting us with a bright smile and greeted us as a newly married celebrity couple! Before the doors to the reception opened, Jason showed me something that him and Daymian had been planning and working on to surprise me and make our wedding a true fairytale! I loved it and was honored that Jason put that much time and commitment into making it perfect and listening to everything Daymian wanted to do! Once inside I was awed at how amazing and perfect the lighting looked all over the room and especially the pin spotting along with the backdrop behind the head table! It was more than I ever dreamed of! Jason informed all of our guests what was coming up and got ALL of our guests involved in the action of the reception! Jason played the part perfect when we asked him to do a different song before our bridal party dance to trick our guests into thinking there was not a big dance coming, when I had actually choreographed the dance! Throughout the dance he played songs that suited all age groups and every guests tastes! He did an amazing job at keeping the dance floor packed ALL NIGHT LONG!! Even the hotel staff told my dad "That dance floor was not big enough for all of your guests!" That is what happens when you have THE BEST DJ IN TOWN!! Jason even went above and beyond and played our Disney theme into the dinner music as well as a special song during the dance! He told Daymian that he had to follow the directions and do as the song said, next thing we knew "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid started and we had a blast dancing to that song and our guests loved it too! Throughout the whole dance Jason and his group were going around taking pictures and videos of us and our guests! Can NOT wait to see all of them! We also got the poshbooth photos, which we would say are an ABSOLUTE MUST to get from Jason and EEG! The pictures that people post and get printed out are priceless! At the end of the dance Jason could not believe how many people were left! We told him that it was all him and without an amazing DJ the party wouldn't have been as amazing and successful as it was! All of our guests said that our wedding dance was the BEST one they had been too! We have Jason and his team at EEG to thank!! We recommended Jason to my sister who is having him at her Sept 2016 wedding, as well as ALL of our friends who will be getting married in the future! My dream fairytale wedding could not have happened without all of Jason's help! He made the lighting, the backdrop, the music, the dance, the PARTY beyond ANYTHING I ever could have dreamed of! We as a couple are sad to be done working with Jason and his team because it was above and beyond any other services. You will NEVER regret booking and working with Jason! We had the BEST wedding EVER and will ALWAYS remember it! Thank you sooooooo much Jason for everything! :)

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Reagan J

EEG was absolutely amazing! There are no other words. I couldn't have imagined anything else that would have been more perfect for our dinner and reception. Darnell played all the right music at the right times, and definitely knew how to pump up the crowd. Everyone at our... Read More dance, including myself, had nothing but positive and perfect things to say about Darnell and EEG. I am going to recommend EEG to absolutely anyone who is planning a wedding! Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Reagan J

Darnell and EEG were absolutely amazing to work with. Our wedding dance was one of the most fun, interactive, and exciting dances I have even been to. Everything was perfect, and I would use EEG all over again! I will definitely recommend EEG to anyone that is planning a... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 April M

Jason Yoshino and Energy Event Group are AWESOME! We knew we had to secure them the minute we got engaged! Our reception was a night to remember. Our guests were dancing the night away! If you want professionalism, honesty, dependability, attentiveness then look no further!... Read More Energy Event Group is the best in the business!! I am so thankful you guys were available and rocked our reception!!! :)

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Jaci D

EEG was recommended to me by a few of my friends that used them. I wasn't let down! They did a wonderful job and were very organized. I knew that on my wedding day I didn't even have to worry about the flow of the reception, everything was handled perfectly and I could just... Read More enjoy every minute instead of trying to organize when things needed to happen. Darnell did an absolutely perfect job at keeping the dance floor going. We got married on May 14, 2016 and a month later people are still telling me how much fun they had at our wedding. Mission accomplished!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Megan H

BLEW AWAY ALL EXPECTATIONS!!!! When we were looking for a DJ the only thing we thought we were looking for was someone to play music and provide microphones for speeches and toasts. Come to find out there was a whole lot more to what goes on! We had quite a few meetings with... Read More Jason that would outline everything that we wanted and he would also give us his own feedback which helps out a lot. Our DJ for the big day was Darnell and honestly, no joke, the experience that he had given everyone was talked about for days/weeks after our wedding was over. Darnell made sure that the right music played at the right times and easily swayed people on the dance floor showing them some of the dance moves and making sure everyone involved was having a great time. The family that I married in to always has pretty large gatherings, the most recent one was a large celebration for anniversaries and birthdays in which over 100 people showed up for the festivities. For this party they hired a local dj and a local band to keep people entertained. After the experience that her family had on our wedding day, the next time a DJ is needed for any of these parties, they will be calling up EEG! There is a reason why they have so many awards and so many perfect ratings, these guys are hands down the best of the best!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Max Weinberg, Charlie Lopez and Adam Davis put on an amazing wedding for us in Ft. Myers, FL last weekend. Max was fantastic during our planning sessions and was especially accommodating since we live in NY. We asked Max for a fun and exciting reception and he and Charlie... Read More certainly delivered as our guests were dancing all night and cannot stop raving about the experience! Adam did a great job with our photo booth and the whole team helped create lasting memories we can all look back on for years to come. We definitely highly recommend Max and EEG for anyone looking to have a fun high energy reception!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016

Miko and I could not be happier about how special, joyful and what a blessing the wedding day was. Jason was absolutely perfect. I found great comfort in the level of professionalism that performed his job; from our first meeting through the night of the wedding. He cared about... Read More every detail and really tried to understand the vision. He is a great communicator and was very upfront and honest if he had an idea that his experience has taught him. The night of the ceremony he was on top of his game, everything went perfect. It gave us such peace knowing that we didn't have to worry about how things would go at the ceremony because Jason was on top of it. So many people told me "It is impossible to leave this dance floor because it was great song after great song!" Everyone had fun. It takes a team to put on a great wedding and Jason/Energy Event Group are people that you want on your team. I can't say enough, you are great at what you do!! Thank you for the role you played in the best day of my life!! Highest regards, Dr. Chad Herrboldt

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Alyssa A

We knew right when we got engaged we needed Jason as our DJ. We had heard many awesome things about him, plus he knew half the wedding party so that made it even better! We planned our reception around what he had available. He was super helpful with finding us a venue. We had a... Read More bunch of issues come up while planning our wedding. Jason was the one and only thing that went off without a single problem. It turned out perfect regardless of all my stress! The dj and entertainment is the most important part of a wedding reception. We had many compliments about how fun our wedding was. I recommend jason and his team!!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kelly W

I loved working with this company!! We had Max as our DJ in Ft Myers and he was amazing. We had multiple forms of contact for him and he answered each one quickly and efficiently. He made sure we had everything we needed and offering suggestions of song choices and different... Read More things we could do to make our night special and different. Everyone had a great time at the wedding. He even surprised us during a special family song that we Ickes with light up saber things to have fun with. It could not have gone any better with Max as our master of ceremony!! The dance floor was hopping all night long!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Lindsey S

Jason and EEG were beyond amazing to work with for our wedding. Jason took the time to get every little detail Mitch and I wanted for our wedding. He also had the idea of honoring Mitch's brother and sister-in-law a first dance that they were unable to have due to his military... Read More service. They will never forget that moment and neither will we. He also saved us when our slideshow wasn't working. Everything went so smooth and we had many people ask for their information for future events! Thanks Jadon!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Bethanna F

Jason was so great to work with from day 1. I knew before I even got engaged that they were the most important vendor to have at my wedding and I wasn't wrong! Through our meetings and countless emails, Jason always had an answer, even if it wasn't what we hired him for. On the... Read More day of the wedding, I was constantly told what a calm bride I was and I attribute a lot of that to Jason as I knew he had everything at the reception handled and would take care of any problems. From the minute we arrive, he truly made us feel like celebrities. Never once did I wonder when something was going to happen or if he would forget to do a certain part of the dance we wanted-he had it all planned perfectly. He also did the lighting and I cannot recommend enough to add this on-it adds so much to the reception and making it feel very fancy. We have gotten numerous compliments on how much fun people had and I cannot recommend his company enough!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 josh m

Jason and Darnell were BEYOND AMAZING! i new years in advance that i would be choosing them for our big day, so when that time came it was as simple as calling Jason up and seeing what dates he had available, luckliy November 14th was open because that was the day Katie wanted... Read More to get married! from that moment on Jason was in contact with us either through email or setting up a meeting, we went over everything several times to make sure our day went PERFECT. i recommend the glow package for sure! young and old guests loved it! my biggest concern was keeping everyones attention and keeping the dance floor full and Darnell reassured me several times that he would do that no questions asked, and he followed through on that promise! everyone commented on how much fun they had ALL night long, from all the games we played to Darnell teaching some of the "older" guest dance moves to Darnell even leaning a few new dances! We could not have asked for better service Enrgy Event Group is by far the best DJ company to get if you want to have the most profesional, entertaining dance your pants off fun you could ever imagine! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for EVERYTHING. Still sore from dancing all night, Josh and Katie McFarlane

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Meagan G

Jason did an absolutely amazing job at our reception. We couldn't have imagined a better DJ, entertainer and crowd pleaser! Although, we did have a bump in the road on our way back from the ceremony -- but we arrived to the reception and Jason did a wonderful job making sure our... Read More minds were there in the present and making sure WE were having a blast and helped us ease our minds. HANDS DOWN THEE BEST DJ GROUP AROUND!!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! ☺ Nathan and I can't thank you enough for everything you did for us Jason. It was a night we will never forget!! -Mrs. Meagan Baumgarn

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Miranda V

We loved having Darnell as the DJ for our wedding! He kept the whole night running smoothly and kept us on schedule. He got the whole crowd involved with the dance and was super high energy which worked perfectly with our crowd!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Steph G

Booking Energy was one of the best decisions I made when it came to our wedding! They are the best in the business and worth every penny! I have to say my mom wasn't too enthused when she saw the price but the morning after our wedding her first comment was....they are worth... Read More it!! Darnell was AWESOME!! We didn't get off the dance floor all night!! I recommend them to anyone asking who to book for DJ services!! And the lighting they did made the room look breathtaking!! Jason was so helpful with any questions I had throughout the entire process! He even went as far as to call venues for me when we were having a hard time getting a hold of some! They go above and beyond and we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Heather H

I know the importance of a good DJ, but i never thought a DJ would blow my wedding out of the water! They made the day all about me (the bride) :) They were not obnoxious, and that was the LONGEST congo line i have ever seen. I got texts and calls the next day asking who this DJ... Read More was and how to contact them! Amazing! My husband and I were EXTREMELY happy!! :D :D :D :D

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Kayla B

Jason was the first vendor that we booked. We had went to a wedding where he was the DJ and my boyfriend (now husband) and I were on the dance floor the whole night long! Once we got engaged, we knew we wanted Jason for our special day. I realize that most people have a budget... Read More for their wedding, but if I can give one piece of advice it would be DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A DJ!! The music and the flow of the night is what makes a good reception and it’s also what your guests will remember! Jason gave us his recommendations on a timeline for the night (when to cut the cake, dances, etc). We trusted him because he was the expert and we were not disappointed with his advice. Several of our guests complemented that we did the cake cutting and dances right away… they were happy that the dance party was never interrupted!! As far as the dance, all I can say is WOW! We had an incredible time. Jason and Eric had everyone out on the dance floor the whole night long. Our guests are still telling us how much fun they had! My husband and I purchased the glow stick package and we would recommend that everyone buys this! It’s inexpensive and it made the night so much more fun. It’s a great way to make your dance stand out from everyone else’s. Furthermore, if you have guests that don’t dance, it gives them something to do with their hands so they can join in on the fun! We could tell that Jason got to know us judging by the last song he played. We loved the fact that “piano man” played as our closest friends and family circled around us screaming the lyrics. We couldn’t imagine ending the dance any other way. We highly recommend Jason and EEG. They made our night unforgettable. We wish we could relive the day over and over and over again! Thanks!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Jen S

I went to a friends wedding about 5 years ago and Energy Event Group was their entertainment. Since that awesome night I knew that I HAD to have Energy Event Group at my future wedding reception. Not even 5 days after being engaged, I messaged Jason and asked what dates he had... Read More left for 2015 and he only had 2 so we picked one. You know the entertainment is good when a bride and groom choose their wedding date based off their availability. Tim didn't understand why I wanted to have them so badly because its "just the DJ". Energy Event Group is not just a DJ service. Darnell and Jason were so helpful during our wedding planning experience and in some ways played the role of a wedding planner because they were so involved and wanted to make sure our day was perfect. Our families prefer to mingle instead of being on the dance floor all night so Darnell had quite the challenge on his hands. It was unbelievable how he got everyone involved and by the end of the night the dance floor was packed with our family and friends - and even some crashers from the reception next door. Tim (and many other guests) came up to me multiple times during our reception raving about how fantastic Darnell was and he finally understood how important it is to hire the right entertainment. Our wedding day was perfect - and having Darnell and EEG at our Reception was the icing on the cake. I am still hearing about how much fun our reception was and it just makes me smile! Thank you guys for an incredible wedding reception!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Kaylee W

Words cannot express just how thrilled we were with our decision to have Event Energy Group DJ our wedding celebration. We had been to previous weddings before ours where EEG provided entertainment and knew that we had to have them. For those wondering what the pros vs. cons are... Read More when deciding on a DJ service, EEG will provide you every reason to choose them! Jason was extremely professional during our celebration and was always checking in with us. He was flexible during the reception and “rolled with the punches” well. After the wedding was over, we continued to receive Facebook messages of pictures and videos he had captured of our special night which was SO much fun to get to relive the moments so soon. The entire day goes by in such a whirlwind so being able to have those moments within a day to relive brought so many emotions and happiness back. If you are on the fence on who to have as your DJ you are a fool to not choose EEG as your entertainment for the night!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Kaylee W

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Kristin P

WOW is what I have to say about Energy Event Group. Jason was our DJ and to say he was phenomenal is an absolute understatement! I had known when booking him that he was the best, but I couldn't have imagined just how perfect our day would be with Jason. From the planning... Read More process through the wedding day, Jason was there every step of the way. He paid close attention to details and listened to what we wanted. He also made suggestions about how to take things to the next level and he was spot on with every single piece of advice. In the days leading up to the wedding, he stayed in touch with us and spent hours setting up our reception room. It was STUNNING. I was speechless when I saw how beautiful the room looked with the draping, uplighting and pin-spotting. It gave it the extra shine it needed to be absolutely breath-taking. I couldn’t have pictured it to look that great even in my dreams. When it came time for our reception, everything went perfectly. Jason was so fun to have around and made things extra special for Jake, myself, and our wedding party. He kept the reception flowing smoothly and kept our guests entertained all night long. He even checked up on Jake and I to make sure we were comfortable throughout the night. We had already gotten our money’s worth and then some before the dance even started! Our dance was a blast and a half! It was packed from start to finish and I know our guests would have stayed all night long if they could have. I have never seen so many people still present at the end of a wedding before. I have had countless guests tell me that ours was the most fun wedding they had ever been to, and that is all thanks to Jason and Energy Event Group. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day! Energy is truly the best at what they do and I guarantee they won’t let you down!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Marc C

I heard about Energy Event Group through my parents. They had attended a wedding of a friend where they were the DJ. My parents aren't really the dancing type but they told me they danced all night because the DJ was so good. That fact alone wanted me to hire these guys.... Read More Jason and Darnell provided everything they said they would and more than what we expected. I had more people than I can count tell me how much fun our DJ was and how much fun they had at our reception. We danced all night and that surprised me. We were having so much fun we didn't realize the time at all. This was a party we will never forget. COMPLETELY WORTH IT. They provided everything they said they would and then went beyond all expectations. I would recommend these guys for any party, wedding, birthday, reunions, etc. I wish I could find an excuse to have another reception just so we can party with these guys again.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Nicole l

My husband and I were lucky enough to get EEG for our event. I was stoked... its my day and I wanted the best of the best and they were it. Everything went smoothly with the planning. Jason and Darnell were professional, fun and thorough. Me and my husband aren't much of the TOP... Read More 40 type but we trusted them to make the right decisions and allowed our guidance and opinions. So here I am, its my wedding day. Its 20 minutes before the ceremony and I am "In Hiding". I have my phone and I get a text from a guest who had just arrived (side note: we live 3 hours from Sioux falls) and this is what I read: "OMG You hired Energy?? Tonight is going to be the BEST. NIGHT. EVER." That was an understatement. I cant even begin to put a number on how many compliments we received on the DJs, their song choices, the lighting, etc. The dance floor was full from beginning to end - which just so happened to be 4am? The entire event was 100%! They never stopped making sure the party was top notch from beginning to end. They were fun, knowledgeable, interactive, entertaining, engaging... I can not put into words what an impact they had on our special day. One thing that really made them exceptional is that their services did not begin and end with the wedding... They were thorough in the planning, organized and kept in touch. They made the day/set up run smooth and did not bother me once with details when I was very preoccupied - they professionally took care of everything, they made the party exceptional and gave me and my guests a night we will never forget, they followed up, made social media posts of pictures and videos - so much more than just "THE day". They really are the full package and I could NOT have imagined the most important day of my life without them!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Kendra C

Let me just start out by saying, these people are AMAZING. When I hired them I wasn't really sure what they were all about, but I had seen them at a family member's wedding and knew they were who I wanted. While planning my wedding, one thing I dealt with a lot was vendors who... Read More didn't respond to messages or phone calls. That was something I never had to worry about with EEG. Even if I emailed them late at night, I always got a response. Another thing that I liked was the fact that they take time to meet with you twice before the wedding to make sure everything is how YOU want it. And if you're not sure of something, they always have suggestions for you. At my reception I had some unfortunate events happen, but Darnell was able to keep the party going and was even able to cheer me up, and for that I will be forever grateful. It's hard for me to put into words how amazing these people are, but you will NOT be disappointed!!