Award Winning DJs and Event Designers

Energy Event Group is an Award Winning, event production, entertainment and celebration design firm. Energy offers a modern, unique and innovating style exclusive DJ service that specializes in Wedding Entertainment.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

PO Box 88736, SIOUX FALLS, SD (605) 376-5170

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Chelcie W

BEYOND! PERFECT! Our experience with Jason and Energy Event Group was over the top AMAZING!!! From the minute we got engaged we knew that we had to call and book Jason right away! We went to every bridal show and talked to Jason and his team at each one, discussing what we... Read More wanted! They were always open and willing to answer any question that we had! When it came to our final meeting we finalized everything that we wanted from music at dinner, lighting, to special requests we had for the night! When we arrived at the hotel Jason was at the front door greeting us with a bright smile and greeted us as a newly married celebrity couple! Before the doors to the reception opened, Jason showed me something that him and Daymian had been planning and working on to surprise me and make our wedding a true fairytale! I loved it and was honored that Jason put that much time and commitment into making it perfect and listening to everything Daymian wanted to do! Once inside I was awed at how amazing and perfect the lighting looked all over the room and especially the pin spotting along with the backdrop behind the head table! It was more than I ever dreamed of! Jason informed all of our guests what was coming up and got ALL of our guests involved in the action of the reception! Jason played the part perfect when we asked him to do a different song before our bridal party dance to trick our guests into thinking there was not a big dance coming, when I had actually choreographed the dance! Throughout the dance he played songs that suited all age groups and every guests tastes! He did an amazing job at keeping the dance floor packed ALL NIGHT LONG!! Even the hotel staff told my dad "That dance floor was not big enough for all of your guests!" That is what happens when you have THE BEST DJ IN TOWN!! Jason even went above and beyond and played our Disney theme into the dinner music as well as a special song during the dance! He told Daymian that he had to follow the directions and do as the song said, next thing we knew "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid started and we had a blast dancing to that song and our guests loved it too! Throughout the whole dance Jason and his group were going around taking pictures and videos of us and our guests! Can NOT wait to see all of them! We also got the poshbooth photos, which we would say are an ABSOLUTE MUST to get from Jason and EEG! The pictures that people post and get printed out are priceless! At the end of the dance Jason could not believe how many people were left! We told him that it was all him and without an amazing DJ the party wouldn't have been as amazing and successful as it was! All of our guests said that our wedding dance was the BEST one they had been too! We have Jason and his team at EEG to thank!! We recommended Jason to my sister who is having him at her Sept 2016 wedding, as well as ALL of our friends who will be getting married in the future! My dream fairytale wedding could not have happened without all of Jason's help! He made the lighting, the backdrop, the music, the dance, the PARTY beyond ANYTHING I ever could have dreamed of! We as a couple are sad to be done working with Jason and his team because it was above and beyond any other services. You will NEVER regret booking and working with Jason! We had the BEST wedding EVER and will ALWAYS remember it! Thank you sooooooo much Jason for everything! :)

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Katie K

Jason and his team were outstanding!! Ever since they did my brother's wedding that I needed to book them for mine. Jason was so great to work with, he truly knows the wedding world and made the whole planning process extremely easy. At the reception the energy they created was... Read More amazing and they know how to keep it going all night. I loved how they were able to get all the guests on the dance floor and make sure everyone was having a great time. Hands down, Jason and his team are the best and I would absolutely recommend! They made our special day truly memorable!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 josh m

Jason and Darnell were BEYOND AMAZING! i new years in advance that i would be choosing them for our big day, so when that time came it was as simple as calling Jason up and seeing what dates he had available, luckliy November 14th was open because that was the day Katie wanted... Read More to get married! from that moment on Jason was in contact with us either through email or setting up a meeting, we went over everything several times to make sure our day went PERFECT. i recommend the glow package for sure! young and old guests loved it! my biggest concern was keeping everyones attention and keeping the dance floor full and Darnell reassured me several times that he would do that no questions asked, and he followed through on that promise! everyone commented on how much fun they had ALL night long, from all the games we played to Darnell teaching some of the "older" guest dance moves to Darnell even leaning a few new dances! We could not have asked for better service Enrgy Event Group is by far the best DJ company to get if you want to have the most profesional, entertaining dance your pants off fun you could ever imagine! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for EVERYTHING. Still sore from dancing all night, Josh and Katie McFarlane

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Brittany K

The best DJ out there! They were so fun to be around and made you feel so special. They always kept people on the dance floor and kept us informed of what event was going on next. I enjoyed the night so much more because of the awesome DJ we had!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Carlie S

We blindly hired Energy Event Group after seeing all the amazing reviews online and could not be happier about our decision!! My husband-to-be was indifferent to who we hired as our wedding DJ because he is known for avoiding the dance floor at all costs. After hiring EEG, we... Read More started to notice how many of our friends were being tagged in their photos on Facebook and just how lucky we were to have booked them at the time we did. Jason was super professional and always responded quickly to our questions leading up to the big day. Darnell was our DJ and was the absolute best!! He kept the party going all night long! My husband, who I have only seen dance a few times in the seven years we have been together, never left the dance floor all night! We have received so many compliments on the dance, how interactive Darnell was with all the guests, and how much fun all of our friends had celebrating our marriage! Darnell took care of all the details from the reception into the dance, making sure guests were engaged at all times! We also added their Photo Booth, dance floor uplighting and a custom monogram. The dance floor looked awesome and all of our guests raved about the Photo Booth - from the friendly team working to the high quality props. It brought so many laughs to our friends and family of all ages, and the pictures are so much fun to look back through!! EEG was hands down our best decision of the entire wedding planning process and we highly recommend hiring them!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Becca S

Jason and his whole staff with Energy Event Group is outstanding and are there every step of the way. The music selection was perfect for our wedding day and Jason makes the process smooth and flawless. Your wedding day is supposed to be about you and your soon.to.be and not... Read More worrying about when it's time to cut the cake, time to start the dinner, when to begin the toasts, and rounding people up for where they need to be; Jason and his staff work seamlessly to worry about all that for you. The dance floor was never empty and all our guests were smiling, laughing, and really enjoying the night. We highly recommend Energy Event Group, they truly make your night one to remember.

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Chris P

Jason and the rest of the Energy Event crew were all that we expected out of an entertainment group! From the very beginning, Jason met with us a couple times to cover every detail. From the amazing lighting that they are able to do, down to the planning of the whole... Read More ceremony. The Energy Event crew made our ceremony everything we wanted and kept the party going all night!!! The dance floor was packed the entire time! The added video at the end of the night was unexpected and we loved it!! If you're in the market for an entertainment group, no matter what the event, this crew is the only way to go!! Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Tyler K

Jason and his crew at EEG are the best in the business bar none! They far exceeded expectations from begining to end. We met multiple times with Jason one on one months before the big day, and his flexibility of scheduling was perfect. If you are looking for the right mix of... Read More professionalism and fun, look no further. They will help you in making your evening one you will never forget. We would of forgotten about, or not been prepared for numerous things without Jason's help, and it took a huge burden off our shoulders! No matter where you want the event to be held, these guys can turn it into pure entertainment. Incredible lighting, top of the line gear, and high energy staff makes for a night you will never want to end! If you are getting married and Jason doesn't have an opening for the weekend you have in mind, change it! I promise, you will not regret it! You will have people up dancing, singing, and having fun that you would of never guessed would stay past dinner! Bottom line is EEG is more then just some dj in the corner of the dance floor, they are your entire reception!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Alyssa P

Jason and Energy Event Group were beyond amazing! Booking EEG was the first decision I made about our wedding because I knew we could count on them. Jason was so accommodating and fun in helping us plan everything for the reception. The lighting, photo booth, and music were just... Read More perfect! Everyone had the best time at the dance it it was because of EEG. So worth it!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Jill J

Better than we could have even have imagined! Jason made our night perfect! The online tools they use to help plan made it so easy for us to figure out how we wanted the reception to go and what songs we wanted played. Everything went so smooth from the minute we walked and... Read More and Jason greeted us at the door until we left when it was all done. The lighting made the event hall look breathtaking and perfect! After we got done with the first dance and the father daughter dance , there was not a single moment that the dance floor was not packed! They were very interactive with the guests and even suprised us afterwards with numerous pictures and a video from moments throughout the night ! Everyone loved the light sticks and glow necklaces that they brought along and handed out. We are still hearing from people about how our dance was the best wedding dance they had attended ! EEG definitely is the Master of Ceremonies!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Sheri L

Jason was incredible! He timed every song for our ceremony perfectly! Our first dance was original thanks to his expertise and our night was perfect! Even in the 110* heat our guests were constantly on the floor due to the energy brought to our day with Jason! Our day would not... Read More have been the same without him!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017

Jason was amazing! Not only did he keep the party going but he was very helpful in keeping the entire reception moving. My groom and I were able to relax and be in the moment while he kept us on time with when to cut the cake, when to release our guests to eat, and when to start... Read More the speeches! I loved how he was able to attract everyone to the dance floor from the little ones to the grandparents! We had so many compliments and no one wanted the night to end. That's exactly what we wanted! My favorite part was when Jason had my groom and me dance to our song (first dance) again! It was the perfect way to end the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Ashley D

My sister had Jason for her wedding and as soon as her wedding was over and my fiancé and I knew our date Jason was my first call! He is so easy to work with and you never have any stress with Jason because you know everything will be perfect! We also had his photo booth which... Read More was a talk of the night everyone loved it! Whenever anyone asks about DJ's hands down Jason. He has everything organized and taken care of so you can truly enjoy your special day!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Holli A

The entire team at Energy Event Group was absolutely amazing! Jason was super awesome and easy to work with when planning and did a wonderful job with EVERYTHING - Master of Ceremonies, lighting up the reception, designing a backdrop, and most importantly, kept our dance floor... Read More rockin' ALL NIGHT! Jason and Darian arrived very early in the day to the reception to set up everything, and they paid so much attention to detail, and everything looked amazing! From the glow stick necklaces, to the glow wands, they interacted with us all night long and were a definite hit. I'm still getting calls/texts about how much fun our wedding reception and dance was. I HIGHLY recommend the EEG team!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Tanya H

Jason with Energy Event Group did an amazing job coordinating our wedding day!! From the ceremony, dinner and reception. There was never a dull moment! We would definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Caitlin H

We were very dissatisfied with EEG. We had had 3 meetings with them, but our wishes were not followed out at our event. Our guests had a great time, but we were not thrilled with the outcome. We had requested specific music and had to remind the DJ about it. We had specifically... Read More asked not to be introduced, but they did so anyway (incorrectly I might add). We had requested no photos to be posted online, but somehow that got lost along the way. (They did not post them after it had been announced to the party that it would be and we reached out to them). Additionally, at the end of the evening, the DJ said he "had a surprise" for us. We had filled out form after form about how we wanted the night to end, but those wishes weren't followed. I even asked the DJ to "please not surprise us" after his announcement, but he did not listen. We are severely disappointed with how the night went regarding the DJ services and would not recommend.

2017-04-07T13:33:16 Response from the vendor

We are so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. As with all our couples, we hope you know that we strive to provide the best service possible and will do everything in our power to accommodate and service... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 McKaylyn M

The entire team at Energy Event Group was a pleasure to work with. Having Jason and his team at our reception was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. Everyone had so much fun and stayed involved in the fun all night. I wish we could have gone until the... Read More morning! EEG is well worth the investment and I would recommend them to everyone we know looking for these services. Thank you, SO much!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Erin H

Working with Evergy Event Group was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day hands down!! Both Jason & Darnell are so genuine in their desire to help people have the best day. We had Darnell as our DJ for the day of and we have had nothing but rave reviews on his... Read More hosting and music choices. He was so accommodating and was able to work with changes throughout the night and kept the dance floor packed all night long!!! I would reccomend their services to anyone!! Thanks guys!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kanitia S

My Husband and I had a amazing experience with Energy Event Group. Darnell was our DJ and every guest we have spoke to has raved about how awesome our DJ was. Our photographer left before the father daughter dance and before I could even start to worry about it Darnell came to... Read More me and said "don't worry about it, I will take care of you." He took plenty of pictures the rest of the night and I was able to purchase them for a very reasonable rate. I would recommend EEG to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Wanda S

I cannot say enough good things about Jason and his crew!! They went above and beyond! People loved em, stayed and danced all night long! They made the party flow with no down time. I would give them "10 stars" if that was an option!! Thanks EEG!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allie H

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ than Darnell from EEG!! He made the night go so smooth I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Jason was super accommodating as we booked our date around their availability! Darnell called a couple nights before to go through how the... Read More evening would go, that was a breath of fresh air! Darnell was so much fun we had a lot of compliments that night and still getting compliments on how fun and interactive he was! If someone didn't know the dance to the songs Darnell was out there showing everyone how it was done!! Can't express enough how much fun and perfect our special night was!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Molly E

OH. MY. GOSH. Darnell from EEG made our wedding day! He truly was better than we could have even imagined. As soon as we showed up to the reception Darnell made the night run flawlessly. Our guests were dancing the whole night, the dance floor never died. He was great at getting... Read More everyone to the dance floor. People keep saying how they didn't even know so-and-so would dance, or that so-and-so was so much fun. He truly made the night. He played songs for all the ages and knew what to play and when. I could rave all day long about how great EEG and Darnell were for our special day, I would not change one thing! Thank you to Darnell!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Bethany B

As a wedding vendor myself, I knew my wedding had to be top notch and I only wanted the best of the best for vendors. This definitely included Darnell and EEG. Darnell had everyone on the dance floor the whole night and I got many comments at how great and exciting he was. The... Read More whole night felt like a friend was DJing; a really incredibly talented friend. I will always recommend EEG to my friends, family and clients.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brooke K

Energy Event Group blew us out of the water. We were so happy with them! The night was more than we imagined. Jason helped me the whole night, kept us on schedule the whole night, and got everyone on the dance floor. Our friends and relatives are still talking about the night... Read More and how beautiful and fun it was. I will suggest Energy Event Group to every person who needs a DJ or entertainment group! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Mindy H

If I could give these guys 10 out of 5 stars, I would - Because they are off the charts good! We had Jason and Darian for our wedding, and they really are worth every single penny. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. So many of our guests have commented on how much fun... Read More they had and how awesome our DJ was. Everyone was impressed with their work, not just my husband and I. They really know how to entertain a crowd and keep a party alive! They have so many different services they can offer as well. Their work is continually evolving to be the better than the rest! I cannot truly express how satisfied and impressed we were with their work. They MADE our wedding reception as amazing as it was. If there is one thing you should splurge on when you are planning your wedding, Energy Event Group is the best decision you could make! Our wedding night was the best night ever - but it would not have been as great if it wasn't for Jason and EEG. They are all great people to work with. And they really tailor their work to what YOU want. Booking Energy Event Group is an absolute must for your wedding day fairytale!