English Turn Golf & Country Club

New Orleans, LA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with English Turn Golf & Country Club

A BALLROOM IN NEW ORLEANS, LA

The English Turn Golf & Country Club is a luxurious venue for couples to tie the knot and host a reception. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, this venue exudes a serene environment characterized by manicured lawns, tall trees, colorful flowers and amazing architectural designs. Situated in a somewhat secluded area, the venue is ideal for holding private receptions or ceremonies away from the hustle and bustle that often characterizes the city environment.

is one of the most popular sections for holding an intimate and romantic reception. It features large windows that provide a clear view of the outdoors while allowing natural light to penetrate through. It strategically overlooks the lush green golf course and has elegant, classic finishes. This spacious area can comfortably accommodate 350 people during a reception style event or 220 in a seated event.

is smaller in size, making it ideal for more intimate events. This room features proportionate windows that make for adequate lighting and proper fresh air circulation within the room. It can host 40 people in a buffet style event or 50 during a plated event.

is adjacent to the main dining room and can comfortably accommodate 40 people during a buffet or plated event. This section spans 675 square feet.

measures a massive 3,800 square feet. This area is situated just behind the clubhouse and can host 350 people during a wedding ceremony. A tent can be erected on this space in order to create more room for about 175 people.

strategically overlooks the 18th green and features large windows that allow for amazing views of the skyline and landscapes. It can host 120 people during a plated event or 140 people during a buffet-style event.

is a small area ideal for holding intimate events. It features a glass ceiling that makes for picturesque views of the skyline while lighting up the interior with natural light. It can accommodate 70 guests at a cocktail reception or 60 people during a plated event.

Couples that hold their events at the English Turn Golf & Country Club must ensure that setup begins two hours prior to the main event. Events at any section of the venue must come to an end by midnight. All foodstuffs and beverages are taken care of by the venue. Guests at the event are not allowed to smoke within the buildings on the premises. Amplified music can be played both indoors and outdoors.

Other benefits of renting the English Turn Golf & Country Club for a wedding ceremony or reception include:

• Bride and groom's dressing areas
  • Provision of security staff and technology
  • Availability of overnight accommodations

The Perfect Place to Say "I Do!"

English Turn Golf & Country Club is 15 minutes from the Central Business District and French Quarter. The Clubhouse at English Turn can accommodate receptions and ceremonies up to 500 guests in our Grand Ballroom , Garden room and Main Dining room. The Stunning 55,000 square foot clubhouse is the prefect setting for your individual style. The grand chandeliers, high ceilings and beautiful views are just some of the elements we offer. Our food and service has been member and guests favorites since 1988 and we have hosted over 3600 events. We strive for perfection in any size event and make it our priority to please each and every person that visits English Turn. If you are interested in a tour please contact Jessica King at 504-392-2200 or [email protected] Happy Planning!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

One Clubhouse Dr, New Orleans, LA (504) 392-2200
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Keeanya C

Great! All I can say. English Turn was beyond FABULOUS. Our guests stated it was something out of a movie. Our ceremony was outdoors near the lake and the reception was held in the dining/garden room area. Jessica was our planner and readily available throughout the... Read More planning process and during the ceremony/reception. Jessica was wonderful to work with and genuinely cared about us and our wedding. Mr. Kevin was the Buffet Manager and he was wonderful. He ensured all of our food needs were met. This was absolutely the best I could've asked for.

2016-10-19T16:25:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. You and Troy were an absolute dream to work with! Thank you for giving us the honor of hosting your special day. I hope to have the pleasure of working with you in the future. Congrats again,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Michael M

Me and my wife Bre'ann had our wedding here on October 22 and the staff at English Turn were absolutely amazing. From the minute me and my guys got there, they were very friendly and very very helpful. Even throughout the wedding, the staff members there took care of us and made... Read More us feel like royalty. I would definitely recommend this venue for any event but especially for your big day. Be sure to ask for Jessica as she will make sure this process goes perfectly!

2016-10-28T09:18:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michael, you and Bre'ann were an absolute dream to work with. Your wedding was gorgeous! Thank you for trusting me with your big day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Ashley R

At first, my fiance' and I chose English Turn because he was a professional golfer and it was close to my church. But as I interacted with the staff here in the months leading up to the wedding, the true value of English Turn really shined. They were attentive, creative,... Read More organized and incredibly helpful. Then we got to their Villa on the day before, which is a beautiful home feet from the clubhouse that sleeps 16. This place was updated, spacious, comfortable and perfect for preparation pictures. Our hair and makeup vendors were in awe of the amenities they had available to them when they arrived wedding day. We were also able to hold a 1/3 of the guests in the house for an after party following the wedding. Back at the clubhouse, the rehearsal dinner was delicious and the staff was SO amazing they literally became part of the party. And it continued into the reception the next night. The venue, already a southern treasure, was transformed into my white and gold dream wedding. The food was epic and unending, the bars kept up and were accommodating with extra requests, and again, the staff truly became part of the party. Not only did we get everything we wanted out of our big day and more, our guests were wow'd by English Turn and everything it had to offer. If I had to do it again, I would start with English Turn and never look back!!

2016-08-03T08:47:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly an honor to host your big day. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it, and we look forward to planning more events with you in the future. Congrats again Ashley &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Jeannie R

Blown away with high class views inside and out! Impeccable staff that's beyond accommodating. The perfect venue with all you expect AND MORE! Made our dreams come true even better than what we had imagined. Will not disappoint and such a reasonable rate!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Gail-Marie S

Jessica King, Mr. Kevin, and my Bridal attendant were awesome!!!! Like over the top awesome...this venue is on the higher price end but it's worth all of your coins...thank y'all for giving my family and I the experience of a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alyssa P

My wedding at English Turn couldn't have been more perfect. It was exactly what I had imagined, and they made it come to life! I cannot thank Racheal and the staff there enough for all the hard work they put in to make my wedding a dream come true. And to my attendants that... Read More chased me around all night to make sure I had everything I needed - you both were awesome! Everyone still talks about the wedding and how it was the most beautiful ceremony they've been to and the most fun reception. Thank you guys again for everything!!

2016-11-03T09:32:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Your wedding was not only beautiful, but it was also so much fun. We are so pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed it, you were a beautiful bride! Congrats again, and hopefully we get to work together again in the future.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Bre'ann M

My husband and I got married at English Turn in Oct. 22 and it was absolutely everything I could have asked for. The staff catered to our every need and Michael and I didn't have to worry about a thing. When I met with Jessica a week before my wedding, I gave her my decor and... Read More told her where everything needed to go. I described my vision and the staff of English Turn made it come true. The food was EXCELLENT and the bartenders were great. My husband and I's personal attendant, Kellie, was hands down just perfect. I was so nervous before the ceremony and Kellie stayed with me and calmed me down and made sure I was okay. She never left our side the whole night and as soon one drink was gone, another was in my hand. I could honestly write a book about how helpful the staff is here, but I'm not. Long story short, if you are getting married please look into English Turn. My husband and myself will forever be grateful for our fairytale wedding.

2016-10-28T09:25:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kinds words, I am so happy that you and your guests enjoyed everything. Your wedding was perfect, and you were absolutely stunning! I truly enjoyed our time together while planning. I hope we get the opportunity to work together... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 sarah k

Best decision ever! The staff at English Turn made this process pain free and enjoyable. From the moment I walked in the doors of English Turn, I was treated like a Bride. This team really knows how to roll out the red carpet. The staff was easily accessible in the planning... Read More phase and helped me plan out every detail. My wedding night was magical, just like something out of a fairy tale book. The food was amazing and the staff were so attentive to our every need. We stayed at the Villa, which is also amazing. When planning your wedding, Look No Further!!!

2016-10-28T09:28:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We strive to make this process as pain free as possible. Our staff certainly aims to please! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Chantel F

I tell all my friends now that the only way to go for a reception is "all-inclusive"! English Turn allowed me to not worry about things like catering or decorations because the place is beautiful and everyone works very hard to make sure that all is perfect on your night. The... Read More stress-free aspect alone to me was worth it! But the staff on the night of the wedding made it such a pleasant experience - the bride's personal attendant is very attentive and the rest of the staff were so concerned that I had enough food & drink throughout the night that I had to actually turn them down a few times! I knew a didn't have to worry about a thing at English Turn. Of course, you pay a little more for all of that service (and remember tips aren't included) but I would have had to pay and plan more for other things had they not been included. No regrets at all about English Turn!

2016-08-17T13:00:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take great pride in our weddings, and are always thrilled to get a great review. Congrats again, and hopefully we have the pleasure of working together again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Sharon B

If you are looking for the perfect venue for a wedding and/or reception, look no further. You have found it!!! The clubhouse and grounds of English Turn are the most beautiful in New Orleans. The wedding coordinator, Racheal Apken, and her staff helped guide us through every... Read More step of the planning process. My step-daughter's wedding and reception were perfect in every way!!!

2016-08-11T10:33:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback, it sure was an amazing night! You all were a dream to work with. We were honored to host the wedding ceremony & reception and look forward to planning more events for you in the future!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Britney B

Beautiful venue! Kevin & Jessica were amazing. They did everything they could to make the day perfect.

2016-06-14T10:21:07 Response from the vendor

Britney, We enjoyed having you and your guests at English Turn. Best wishes

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Mary Kay B

English Turn is absolutely the perfect place for a ceremony and a reception! We got married March 12, 2016 and the weather wasn't ideal for an outdoor ceremony, so we decided to move it inside. The view and pictures are stunning! Rachel Apken, the wedding coordinator, made... Read More everything perfect for us! She was so easy to work with and helpful from the get go! The food was fabulous and all of our guests complimented our choice of venue! We would recommend this to anyone for any event!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Staci T

Absolutely breathtaking! The staff, especially the head planner for the club, Racheal Apken, is one of the most dedicated and efficient leaders to make your night perfect in every way. We were from out of town, and they made sure our every need was fulfilled, and helped with... Read More our floral designer to make it exceptional. Look no more!

2016-04-28T20:35:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly enjoyed planning every detail of this spectacular day. I hope to help you plan future events. Racheal.

AMAZING Venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Janique D

My wedding was everything I imagined it would be. The food was AMAZING, the ceremony space was BREATHTAKING, and the reception was BEAUTIFUL!! The entire staff was an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only are they very knowledgeable and helpful, they all have winning... Read More personalities. I would recommend anyone to have their special day at English Turn.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ruby T

Our wedding day at English Turn was beyond perfect! The Villa was the ideal place to stay the night before the wedding and so spacious for bridal prep on the wedding day. The accommodations were great and absolutely perfect! For the reception, the entire second floor of the... Read More clubhouse could not have been more beautiful! We had quite a guest list but everyone was comfortable could go from room to room as they pleased.The set up was wonderful and the staff was great! I would definitely recommend English Turn Country Club to all couples looking for a classic reception venue.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Tara S

Lance & I got married June 27, 2015. We were engaged for almost 2 years, so my mom and I started planning fairly early. We looked at other venues, but ultimately decided on English Turn because it was perfect! Racheal worked with us each step of the way to plan my dream wedding!... Read More There were a few minor hiccups along the way, but overall, it was amazing! Racheal and Brenna worked extremely hard to have everything we wanted. The day of my wedding, Mia waited on me hand on foot. Anything I needed or wanted, she was able to give me! The drinks were great! The food was great! The people were great! And at the end of the night, Lance and I had the best surprise ever- there were fireworks when we walked out to our Rolls- Royce! I don't know what Racheal had to do to make that happen, but it was truly memorable and we will never forgot the finale of our fairy tale wedding! THANK YOU ENGLISH TURN!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Whitney L

Let me just tell you how excited I was to visit the property for the first time. The pictures online does it no justice, this place is beautiful. Being a bride planning the perfect wedding, I cannot tell you how many venues I've seen. Once I came across English Turn, I just knew... Read More that this was the place. I made an appointment with Rachael for the a.m. When I arrived with my mother and mother-n-law, no one was there to greet us. Eventually someone came from a back area and I notified her that I had an appointment. The receptionist told me that Rachael was in a meeting. My first thought was why schedule an appointment with a potential client if you had a meeting at the same time? So we sat down and waited......and waited......and waited for a about 40 minutes. (first strike) No Rachael. We let the receptionist know that we are not going to wait any longer. The receptionist just shrugged her shoulders and said okay. (second strike) She didn't even seemed concerned or apologetic. So we left disappointed and angry because we traveled 45 minutes to meet her. The next day Rachael sent me an email apologizing for missing our meeting and stating that she was in a meeting and couldn't break away, which I felt was unacceptable. I emailed Rachael to let her know how disappointed I was and her response was absolutely unprofessional. Lets just say that this is the best $19k I will never spend with this place. The staff was entirely unprofessional. So back to the drawing board I go. I will make sure to not recommend this place to all of my fiancee' clubs.

2015-10-13T22:03:17 Response from the vendor

Miss Lee, thank you for your review however it's not completely accurate. You called my extension 45 min prior to your appointment requesting to move your original time. I am not at my desk often do I did not receive the message until later that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 I'Jale L

My wedding was October 3,15. I initially contact Rachael in November of 2014 and she was there helpful every step of the way, kept in contact to ensure everything was just the way I wanted. On my wedding day I had no worries, everything was in place. English Turn is the best... Read More place to have a wedding, hands down they are the best. Nice friendly staff, great environment & wonderful food!

2015-10-08T17:41:27 Response from the vendor

I'Jale, Thank you so much for posting this review. You were a dream to work with. The flowers and linens were stunning and I loved both of your gowns. Please send me pictures for our website. Best Wishes. R

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Bailey A

When deciding on a venue for our reception, my wife and I felt English Turn was a no brainer. We had a fairly large wedding with about 250 people and the space was perfect. When we drove up in the limo, the grounds were beautiful, the clubhouse pristine and we hadn’t even walked... Read More inside yet! Once inside their staff had done a wonderful job with the white table cloths and gold chair ties to match our wedding colors. We didn't have a wedding planner but having Rachel and Brenna was a huge help. They provided a timeline of events for us to stick to through the night. They really kept us organized and the night flowed smoothly from start to finish. Racheal was always easily accessible by phone or email whenever my wife or I had questions. On the night of the reception, Mia was our personal attendant. She was amazing! She was our fairy godmother all night. The one hiccup, according to my wife, was her dress wasn’t hemmed properly and she was tripping with every step. Mia quickly pinned up her dress in all the right places so my wife could continue dancing the night away with me. More importantly, Mia always had a fresh drink ready for us whenever we needed one. The food was delicious and our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed both the food and the venue. The bartenders were excellent as were the servers. They really took care of our guests. English Turn was a great choice, Racheal and Brenna really helped ease our anxiety that came along with planning a large wedding and they made sure all our small details came together on the big night.

2015-09-21T10:17:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review. We truly enjoyed working with you. You were a perfect client. Please send me some pictures so I can post them on our website. Best Wishes.... Racheal and Brenna

Close to home

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

We have been going to functions/celebrations at English Turn for many years. Always hoped that at least one of my daughters would choose it for her wedding. Everything was beautiful. Several people told me that they love being so close to home on the Westbank. Venue is... Read More comparable to anything found in New Orleans. Chose the Villa for the night before and of the wedding. All needs were met and everyone had a fun, memorable time

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Jami C

The venue was perfect. Rachel was very helpful from start to finish. We had to move the service inside due to weather, but they went above and beyond to make sure the night was still perfect. It feel like a dream with how perfect everything was from start to finish. I am so glad... Read More we chose English Turn.

Fairy tale wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015

Well, first of all, I have been an event planner and caterer my whole life...so for me to say that the service was AMAZING, the venue BEAUTIFUL, I really was impressed with all the staff,( this is a huge complement coming from me!!))I highly recommend you checking out this... Read More beautiful place, worth every penny!! Wish there was a way to attach a picture from our wedding, you would be sold!!

2015-05-20T11:22:53 Response from the vendor

Montrelle, your reception was so beautiful. Thank you so much for hosting such a grand event at English Turn. You can post a picture on our facebook page. Please send some to my email and I will place on our website. Thanks

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Mary S

My parents moved to English Turn when I was graduating high school and the first time I saw the Country Club I knew I wanted my wedding to be there. My mom worked side by side with the friendly wedding coordinator Rachel. They were very accommodating to what we wanted. We had... Read More to fix the food options a few times, and they really listened to the changes we suggested. The food was amazing on the night of the wedding, my favorite was the shrimp and grits in a martini glass. All the servers that worked there were also always looking out for the wedding party. They were fast with drink service. Mia was amazing to the family! She fixed the bustle on my dress and made sure everyone in the bride and grooms family had everything they needed. I am really looking forward to seeing the beautiful pictures outside by the fountain and on the stairs.

2015-04-24T12:15:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We all truly enjoyed your event. I hope you hand your husband come visit us when you come to town. Have a great honeymoon!

First Class New Orleans Wedding

Reviewed on 4/15/2015

English Turn Country Club provides a first class wedding experience for anyone wishing to have a truly elegant and fun New Orleans wedding. The staff all gave 110 % in service, to the bride, her family and guests. Our daughter's wedding was everything we hoped. The food was... Read More delicious, the venue itself is beautiful and Racheal and the staff bent over back ward to help everything run smoothly. There is space for a beautiful service, either indoor or outdoors and parking for guests is plentiful. I highly recommend English Turn Country Club for a wonderful New Orleans wedding.

2015-04-21T15:34:05 Response from the vendor

The staff at English Turn was honored to serve you and your guests. Everything was really beautiful and all of your guests were so nice and they all looked like they had a great time. Thank you for the kind words.

Wedding to Remember

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Elizabeth T

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our ceremony and the days leading up to the event at Emglish Turn. We couldn't have asked for more. Well, we could have but there's no need to be greedy! LOL! This place was able to give us an area that we can look back on and say, we picked the... Read More right spot.

2015-04-15T16:44:33 Response from the vendor

Elizabeth and Patrick, Thank you so much for the kind words. You were really great to work with and Elizabeth please send me pictures .. your dress was amazing. Best wishes to you. Please come back and visit!