English Turn Golf & Country Club

New Orleans, LA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with English Turn Golf & Country Club

A BALLROOM IN NEW ORLEANS, LA

The English Turn Golf & Country Club is a luxurious venue for couples to tie the knot and host a reception. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, this venue exudes a serene environment characterized by manicured lawns, tall trees, colorful flowers and amazing architectural designs. Situated in a somewhat secluded area, the venue is ideal for holding private receptions or ceremonies away from the hustle and bustle that often characterizes the city environment.

is one of the most popular sections for holding an intimate and romantic reception. It features large windows that provide a clear view of the outdoors while allowing natural light to penetrate through. It strategically overlooks the lush green golf course and has elegant, classic finishes. This spacious area can comfortably accommodate 350 people during a reception style event or 220 in a seated event.

is smaller in size, making it ideal for more intimate events. This room features proportionate windows that make for adequate lighting and proper fresh air circulation within the room. It can host 40 people in a buffet style event or 50 during a plated event.

is adjacent to the main dining room and can comfortably accommodate 40 people during a buffet or plated event. This section spans 675 square feet.

measures a massive 3,800 square feet. This area is situated just behind the clubhouse and can host 350 people during a wedding ceremony. A tent can be erected on this space in order to create more room for about 175 people.

strategically overlooks the 18th green and features large windows that allow for amazing views of the skyline and landscapes. It can host 120 people during a plated event or 140 people during a buffet-style event.

is a small area ideal for holding intimate events. It features a glass ceiling that makes for picturesque views of the skyline while lighting up the interior with natural light. It can accommodate 70 guests at a cocktail reception or 60 people during a plated event.

Couples that hold their events at the English Turn Golf & Country Club must ensure that setup begins two hours prior to the main event. Events at any section of the venue must come to an end by midnight. All foodstuffs and beverages are taken care of by the venue. Guests at the event are not allowed to smoke within the buildings on the premises. Amplified music can be played both indoors and outdoors.

Other benefits of renting the English Turn Golf & Country Club for a wedding ceremony or reception include:

• Bride and groom's dressing areas
  • Provision of security staff and technology
  • Availability of overnight accommodations

The Perfect Place to Say "I Do!"

English Turn Golf & Country Club is 15 minutes from the Central Business District and French Quarter. The Clubhouse at English Turn can accommodate receptions and ceremonies up to 500 guests in our Grand Ballroom , Garden room and Main Dining room. The Stunning 55,000 square foot clubhouse is the prefect setting for your individual style. The grand chandeliers, high ceilings and beautiful views are just some of the elements we offer. Our food and service has been member and guests favorites since 1988 and we have hosted over 3600 events. We strive for perfection in any size event and make it our priority to please each and every person that visits English Turn. If you are interested in a tour please contact Jessica King at 504-392-2200 or [email protected] Happy Planning!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

One Clubhouse Dr, New Orleans, LA (504) 392-2200
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Keeanya C

Great! All I can say. English Turn was beyond FABULOUS. Our guests stated it was something out of a movie. Our ceremony was outdoors near the lake and the reception was held in the dining/garden room area. Jessica was our planner and readily available throughout the... Read More planning process and during the ceremony/reception. Jessica was wonderful to work with and genuinely cared about us and our wedding. Mr. Kevin was the Buffet Manager and he was wonderful. He ensured all of our food needs were met. This was absolutely the best I could've asked for.

2016-10-19T16:25:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. You and Troy were an absolute dream to work with! Thank you for giving us the honor of hosting your special day. I hope to have the pleasure of working with you in the future. Congrats again,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Michael M

Me and my wife Bre'ann had our wedding here on October 22 and the staff at English Turn were absolutely amazing. From the minute me and my guys got there, they were very friendly and very very helpful. Even throughout the wedding, the staff members there took care of us and made... Read More us feel like royalty. I would definitely recommend this venue for any event but especially for your big day. Be sure to ask for Jessica as she will make sure this process goes perfectly!

2016-10-28T09:18:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michael, you and Bre'ann were an absolute dream to work with. Your wedding was gorgeous! Thank you for trusting me with your big day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Ashley R

At first, my fiance' and I chose English Turn because he was a professional golfer and it was close to my church. But as I interacted with the staff here in the months leading up to the wedding, the true value of English Turn really shined. They were attentive, creative,... Read More organized and incredibly helpful. Then we got to their Villa on the day before, which is a beautiful home feet from the clubhouse that sleeps 16. This place was updated, spacious, comfortable and perfect for preparation pictures. Our hair and makeup vendors were in awe of the amenities they had available to them when they arrived wedding day. We were also able to hold a 1/3 of the guests in the house for an after party following the wedding. Back at the clubhouse, the rehearsal dinner was delicious and the staff was SO amazing they literally became part of the party. And it continued into the reception the next night. The venue, already a southern treasure, was transformed into my white and gold dream wedding. The food was epic and unending, the bars kept up and were accommodating with extra requests, and again, the staff truly became part of the party. Not only did we get everything we wanted out of our big day and more, our guests were wow'd by English Turn and everything it had to offer. If I had to do it again, I would start with English Turn and never look back!!

2016-08-03T08:47:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly an honor to host your big day. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed it, and we look forward to planning more events with you in the future. Congrats again Ashley &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Antony S

I travel from Italy for my son and daughter wedding. I want to come again to New Orleans. So nice are wedding there.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 constance g

Our day was just breathtaking.. My photos are some of the nicest wedding photos I've ever seen; the backdrop of the lake and golf course are so beautiful. My guests still talk about the sunset and swans that were part of the ceremony. Also the food is great! The Gumbos and... Read More soups are better than most restaurants. Thanks to English Turn!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Bertha D

Thank you English Turn for your help. Jamie and Donald had a great wedding and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Whitney H

Let me say that I planned my own wedding and was involved every step of the way. I booked this venue for the wedding because yes it is beautiful.. but also out of all of the locations that I visited they were the most welcoming and by far the friendliest. Over the course of... Read More about a year my calls were always taken and I always could count on them. All of my concerns were taken seriously and no matter what I threw at them they never dropped the ball. Special thanks to Jessica and Mr. Bankston.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Phelps C

So pretty... Everything was so nice and the views are wonderful. Lots of wildlife and nature. It feels like you're far away from everything but you're still in New Orleans

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Consople H

I was very impressed with the quality of service my son and his wife received here. I did not know what to expect here but cant imagine that they would have had a better wedding elsewhere. The wedding was so lovely.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Tabitha M

DO IT!!! My wedding was the BEST! I was torn between English Turn and another venue. Looking back I would have had so much regret in selecting the other venue. All of my guests and my family were so impressed and ENJOYED my wedding so much.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Nuccio N

My daughter was married here in September; It was everything I hoped it would be and so much more! The mansion is so beautiful and the staff are very attentive and have a genuine concern for the success of the event. My husband and I are so thankful to all who had a part in... Read More one of the best days of our lives.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Tracie C

Wedding ceremony and reception hosted by English Turn as was the rehearsal dinner. Words do not do this venue justice.. the grounds and setting are serine and breathtaking. Our wedding took place on outside on the patio overlooking the lake and fountain and came complete with... Read More swans swimming and cranes flying overhead. Thanks to the entire team especially Edwin & Jessica!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Judy P

There are not of not words to express how perfect the Reception was at English Turn. We learned in less than 24 hours before the Wedding that it needed to be moved up 6.50 hours because of an impending "hurricane". That was no problem for the English Turn Staff. It was... Read More absolutely Beautiful, the food and drinks were incredible. The Staff is the Best Ever. No other venue could have "pulled this off". I want to thank Jessica, Edmon, Kevin, Randy, Sarah, Wendy, Jose and the rest of the Staff for making this the most wonderful Wedding Ever!!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Jeanitra M

Great venue and all around good views! Our guest said it was the best wedding they had been to. We took a star away because we didn't care for the DJ and was upset we couldn't have our own because it was a "packeged" deal. Although we gave a music list, our request weren't met.... Read More That's a major no no when you're trying to PARTY. Other than that, it all came together nicely.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Jeannie R

Blown away with high class views inside and out! Impeccable staff that's beyond accommodating. The perfect venue with all you expect AND MORE! Made our dreams come true even better than what we had imagined. Will not disappoint and such a reasonable rate!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Gail S

Jessica King, Mr. Kevin, and my Bridal attendant were awesome!!!! Like over the top awesome...this venue is on the higher price end but it's worth all of your coins...thank y'all for giving my family and I the experience of a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alyssa P

My wedding at English Turn couldn't have been more perfect. It was exactly what I had imagined, and they made it come to life! I cannot thank Racheal and the staff there enough for all the hard work they put in to make my wedding a dream come true. And to my attendants that... Read More chased me around all night to make sure I had everything I needed - you both were awesome! Everyone still talks about the wedding and how it was the most beautiful ceremony they've been to and the most fun reception. Thank you guys again for everything!!

2016-11-03T09:32:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Your wedding was not only beautiful, but it was also so much fun. We are so pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed it, you were a beautiful bride! Congrats again, and hopefully we get to work together again in the future.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Bre'ann M

My husband and I got married at English Turn in Oct. 22 and it was absolutely everything I could have asked for. The staff catered to our every need and Michael and I didn't have to worry about a thing. When I met with Jessica a week before my wedding, I gave her my decor and... Read More told her where everything needed to go. I described my vision and the staff of English Turn made it come true. The food was EXCELLENT and the bartenders were great. My husband and I's personal attendant, Kellie, was hands down just perfect. I was so nervous before the ceremony and Kellie stayed with me and calmed me down and made sure I was okay. She never left our side the whole night and as soon one drink was gone, another was in my hand. I could honestly write a book about how helpful the staff is here, but I'm not. Long story short, if you are getting married please look into English Turn. My husband and myself will forever be grateful for our fairytale wedding.

2016-10-28T09:25:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kinds words, I am so happy that you and your guests enjoyed everything. Your wedding was perfect, and you were absolutely stunning! I truly enjoyed our time together while planning. I hope we get the opportunity to work together... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 sarah k

Best decision ever! The staff at English Turn made this process pain free and enjoyable. From the moment I walked in the doors of English Turn, I was treated like a Bride. This team really knows how to roll out the red carpet. The staff was easily accessible in the planning... Read More phase and helped me plan out every detail. My wedding night was magical, just like something out of a fairy tale book. The food was amazing and the staff were so attentive to our every need. We stayed at the Villa, which is also amazing. When planning your wedding, Look No Further!!!

2016-10-28T09:28:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We strive to make this process as pain free as possible. Our staff certainly aims to please! Congrats again!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Chantel F

I tell all my friends now that the only way to go for a reception is "all-inclusive"! English Turn allowed me to not worry about things like catering or decorations because the place is beautiful and everyone works very hard to make sure that all is perfect on your night. The... Read More stress-free aspect alone to me was worth it! But the staff on the night of the wedding made it such a pleasant experience - the bride's personal attendant is very attentive and the rest of the staff were so concerned that I had enough food & drink throughout the night that I had to actually turn them down a few times! I knew a didn't have to worry about a thing at English Turn. Of course, you pay a little more for all of that service (and remember tips aren't included) but I would have had to pay and plan more for other things had they not been included. No regrets at all about English Turn!

2016-08-17T13:00:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take great pride in our weddings, and are always thrilled to get a great review. Congrats again, and hopefully we have the pleasure of working together again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Sharon B

If you are looking for the perfect venue for a wedding and/or reception, look no further. You have found it!!! The clubhouse and grounds of English Turn are the most beautiful in New Orleans. The wedding coordinator, Racheal Apken, and her staff helped guide us through every... Read More step of the planning process. My step-daughter's wedding and reception were perfect in every way!!!

2016-08-11T10:33:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback, it sure was an amazing night! You all were a dream to work with. We were honored to host the wedding ceremony & reception and look forward to planning more events for you in the future!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Britney B

Beautiful venue! Kevin & Jessica were amazing. They did everything they could to make the day perfect.

2016-06-14T10:21:07 Response from the vendor

Britney, We enjoyed having you and your guests at English Turn. Best wishes

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Mary Kay B

English Turn is absolutely the perfect place for a ceremony and a reception! We got married March 12, 2016 and the weather wasn't ideal for an outdoor ceremony, so we decided to move it inside. The view and pictures are stunning! Rachel Apken, the wedding coordinator, made... Read More everything perfect for us! She was so easy to work with and helpful from the get go! The food was fabulous and all of our guests complimented our choice of venue! We would recommend this to anyone for any event!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Staci T

Absolutely breathtaking! The staff, especially the head planner for the club, Racheal Apken, is one of the most dedicated and efficient leaders to make your night perfect in every way. We were from out of town, and they made sure our every need was fulfilled, and helped with... Read More our floral designer to make it exceptional. Look no more!

2016-04-28T20:35:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly enjoyed planning every detail of this spectacular day. I hope to help you plan future events. Racheal.

AMAZING Venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Janique D

My wedding was everything I imagined it would be. The food was AMAZING, the ceremony space was BREATHTAKING, and the reception was BEAUTIFUL!! The entire staff was an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only are they very knowledgeable and helpful, they all have winning... Read More personalities. I would recommend anyone to have their special day at English Turn.