The Perfect Place to Say "I Do!"

English Turn Golf & Country Club is 15 minutes from the Central Business District and French Quarter. The Clubhouse at English Turn can accommodate receptions and ceremonies up to 500 guests in our Grand Ballroom , Garden room and Main Dining room. The Stunning 55,000 square foot clubhouse is the prefect setting for your individual style. The grand chandeliers, high ceilings and beautiful views are just some of the elements we offer. Our food and service has been member and guests favorites since 1988 and we have hosted over 3600 events. We strive for perfection in any size event and make it our priority to please each and every person that visits English Turn. If you are interested in a tour please contact Racheal Apken at 504-392-2200 or [email protected] Happy Planning!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

One Clubhouse Dr, New Orleans, LA

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

Absolutely breathtaking! The staff, especially the head planner for the club, Racheal Apken, is one of the most dedicated and efficient leaders to make your night perfect in every way. We were from out of town, and they made sure our every need was fulfilled, and helped with... Read More our floral designer to make it exceptional. Look no more!

2016-04-28T20:35:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly enjoyed planning every detail of this spectacular day. I hope to help you plan future events. Racheal.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Bailey A

When deciding on a venue for our reception, my wife and I felt English Turn was a no brainer. We had a fairly large wedding with about 250 people and the space was perfect. When we drove up in the limo, the grounds were beautiful, the clubhouse pristine and we hadn’t even walked... Read More inside yet! Once inside their staff had done a wonderful job with the white table cloths and gold chair ties to match our wedding colors. We didn't have a wedding planner but having Rachel and Brenna was a huge help. They provided a timeline of events for us to stick to through the night. They really kept us organized and the night flowed smoothly from start to finish. Racheal was always easily accessible by phone or email whenever my wife or I had questions. On the night of the reception, Mia was our personal attendant. She was amazing! She was our fairy godmother all night. The one hiccup, according to my wife, was her dress wasn’t hemmed properly and she was tripping with every step. Mia quickly pinned up her dress in all the right places so my wife could continue dancing the night away with me. More importantly, Mia always had a fresh drink ready for us whenever we needed one. The food was delicious and our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed both the food and the venue. The bartenders were excellent as were the servers. They really took care of our guests. English Turn was a great choice, Racheal and Brenna really helped ease our anxiety that came along with planning a large wedding and they made sure all our small details came together on the big night.

2015-09-21T10:17:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review. We truly enjoyed working with you. You were a perfect client. Please send me some pictures so I can post them on our website. Best Wishes.... Racheal and Brenna

My Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Aimee F

My husband and I were married on February 15, 2014 at English Turn. Instead of a traditional church wedding and reception we chose to have both our ceremony and reception at English Turn and it was MAGICAL and everything I had ever dreamed of. On the day of the wedding we... Read More were a little worried that it might be too cool to have the wedding ceremony outdoors, but everything worked out wonderfully, we were married right before sunset and it was absolutely perfect. Our reception was held in the Grand Ballroom which was beautifully decorated with candles throughout and looked like something out of a fairy tale. Everyone is still raving about the food and saying it was the best food they ever had at a wedding and how they were surprised that it was available to everyone until the very end of the reception. Racheal and Katie were so accommodating in meeting our requests regarding the wedding. Also, Katie was an absolute angel, she made sure that everything ran smoothly and she was constantly at my side attending to my every need the entire night. I had not a care in the world and all I had to do was enjoy the moment. When the reception was ended Katie also made sure that everything was packaged up and ready to go and included a basket of champagne and food for us to take with us. Thank you Racheal and Katie for making my fairy tale wedding come true. Aimee Ferrier Correa

2014-05-09T14:13:51 Response from the vendor

Aimee, Thank you for the kind words. You were a dream client! Best Wishes on your fairly tale wedding.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Mary Kay B

English Turn is absolutely the perfect place for a ceremony and a reception! We got married March 12, 2016 and the weather wasn't ideal for an outdoor ceremony, so we decided to move it inside. The view and pictures are stunning! Rachel Apken, the wedding coordinator, made... Read More everything perfect for us! She was so easy to work with and helpful from the get go! The food was fabulous and all of our guests complimented our choice of venue! We would recommend this to anyone for any event!

AMAZING Venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Janique D

My wedding was everything I imagined it would be. The food was AMAZING, the ceremony space was BREATHTAKING, and the reception was BEAUTIFUL!! The entire staff was an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only are they very knowledgeable and helpful, they all have winning... Read More personalities. I would recommend anyone to have their special day at English Turn.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ruby T

Our wedding day at English Turn was beyond perfect! The Villa was the ideal place to stay the night before the wedding and so spacious for bridal prep on the wedding day. The accommodations were great and absolutely perfect! For the reception, the entire second floor of the... Read More clubhouse could not have been more beautiful! We had quite a guest list but everyone was comfortable could go from room to room as they pleased.The set up was wonderful and the staff was great! I would definitely recommend English Turn Country Club to all couples looking for a classic reception venue.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Tara S

Lance & I got married June 27, 2015. We were engaged for almost 2 years, so my mom and I started planning fairly early. We looked at other venues, but ultimately decided on English Turn because it was perfect! Racheal worked with us each step of the way to plan my dream wedding!... Read More There were a few minor hiccups along the way, but overall, it was amazing! Racheal and Brenna worked extremely hard to have everything we wanted. The day of my wedding, Mia waited on me hand on foot. Anything I needed or wanted, she was able to give me! The drinks were great! The food was great! The people were great! And at the end of the night, Lance and I had the best surprise ever- there were fireworks when we walked out to our Rolls- Royce! I don't know what Racheal had to do to make that happen, but it was truly memorable and we will never forgot the finale of our fairy tale wedding! THANK YOU ENGLISH TURN!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Whitney L

Let me just tell you how excited I was to visit the property for the first time. The pictures online does it no justice, this place is beautiful. Being a bride planning the perfect wedding, I cannot tell you how many venues I've seen. Once I came across English Turn, I just knew... Read More that this was the place. I made an appointment with Rachael for the a.m. When I arrived with my mother and mother-n-law, no one was there to greet us. Eventually someone came from a back area and I notified her that I had an appointment. The receptionist told me that Rachael was in a meeting. My first thought was why schedule an appointment with a potential client if you had a meeting at the same time? So we sat down and waited......and waited......and waited for a about 40 minutes. (first strike) No Rachael. We let the receptionist know that we are not going to wait any longer. The receptionist just shrugged her shoulders and said okay. (second strike) She didn't even seemed concerned or apologetic. So we left disappointed and angry because we traveled 45 minutes to meet her. The next day Rachael sent me an email apologizing for missing our meeting and stating that she was in a meeting and couldn't break away, which I felt was unacceptable. I emailed Rachael to let her know how disappointed I was and her response was absolutely unprofessional. Lets just say that this is the best $19k I will never spend with this place. The staff was entirely unprofessional. So back to the drawing board I go. I will make sure to not recommend this place to all of my fiancee' clubs.

2015-10-13T22:03:17 Response from the vendor

Miss Lee, thank you for your review however it's not completely accurate. You called my extension 45 min prior to your appointment requesting to move your original time. I am not at my desk often do I did not receive the message until later that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 I'jale W

My wedding was October 3,15. I initially contact Rachael in November of 2014 and she was there helpful every step of the way, kept in contact to ensure everything was just the way I wanted. On my wedding day I had no worries, everything was in place. English Turn is the best... Read More place to have a wedding, hands down they are the best. Nice friendly staff, great environment & wonderful food!

2015-10-08T17:41:27 Response from the vendor

I'Jale, Thank you so much for posting this review. You were a dream to work with. The flowers and linens were stunning and I loved both of your gowns. Please send me pictures for our website. Best Wishes. R

Close to home

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

We have been going to functions/celebrations at English Turn for many years. Always hoped that at least one of my daughters would choose it for her wedding. Everything was beautiful. Several people told me that they love being so close to home on the Westbank. Venue is... Read More comparable to anything found in New Orleans. Chose the Villa for the night before and of the wedding. All needs were met and everyone had a fun, memorable time

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Jami C

The venue was perfect. Rachel was very helpful from start to finish. We had to move the service inside due to weather, but they went above and beyond to make sure the night was still perfect. It feel like a dream with how perfect everything was from start to finish. I am so glad... Read More we chose English Turn.

Fairy tale wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015

Well, first of all, I have been an event planner and caterer my whole life...so for me to say that the service was AMAZING, the venue BEAUTIFUL, I really was impressed with all the staff,( this is a huge complement coming from me!!))I highly recommend you checking out this... Read More beautiful place, worth every penny!! Wish there was a way to attach a picture from our wedding, you would be sold!!

2015-05-20T11:22:53 Response from the vendor

Montrelle, your reception was so beautiful. Thank you so much for hosting such a grand event at English Turn. You can post a picture on our facebook page. Please send some to my email and I will place on our website. Thanks

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Mary S

My parents moved to English Turn when I was graduating high school and the first time I saw the Country Club I knew I wanted my wedding to be there. My mom worked side by side with the friendly wedding coordinator Rachel. They were very accommodating to what we wanted. We had... Read More to fix the food options a few times, and they really listened to the changes we suggested. The food was amazing on the night of the wedding, my favorite was the shrimp and grits in a martini glass. All the servers that worked there were also always looking out for the wedding party. They were fast with drink service. Mia was amazing to the family! She fixed the bustle on my dress and made sure everyone in the bride and grooms family had everything they needed. I am really looking forward to seeing the beautiful pictures outside by the fountain and on the stairs.

2015-04-24T12:15:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We all truly enjoyed your event. I hope you hand your husband come visit us when you come to town. Have a great honeymoon!

First Class New Orleans Wedding

Reviewed on 4/15/2015

English Turn Country Club provides a first class wedding experience for anyone wishing to have a truly elegant and fun New Orleans wedding. The staff all gave 110 % in service, to the bride, her family and guests. Our daughter's wedding was everything we hoped. The food was... Read More delicious, the venue itself is beautiful and Racheal and the staff bent over back ward to help everything run smoothly. There is space for a beautiful service, either indoor or outdoors and parking for guests is plentiful. I highly recommend English Turn Country Club for a wonderful New Orleans wedding.

2015-04-21T15:34:05 Response from the vendor

The staff at English Turn was honored to serve you and your guests. Everything was really beautiful and all of your guests were so nice and they all looked like they had a great time. Thank you for the kind words.

Wedding to Remember

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Elizabeth T

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our ceremony and the days leading up to the event at Emglish Turn. We couldn't have asked for more. Well, we could have but there's no need to be greedy! LOL! This place was able to give us an area that we can look back on and say, we picked the... Read More right spot.

2015-04-15T16:44:33 Response from the vendor

Elizabeth and Patrick, Thank you so much for the kind words. You were really great to work with and Elizabeth please send me pictures .. your dress was amazing. Best wishes to you. Please come back and visit!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

English turn was a great place for my reception! It was so spacious and roomy to hold my guests. The staff is so amazing to work with! They were very professional, everything turned out just as I wanted it! Highly recommend!

Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 chocolate b

The staff Katie & Rachel were great to work with in the planning of details for my out of town clients. The day of event I must say Andrew was pleasant and eager to assist in anyway needed; Dwan the front desk lady always greets you with warming spirit and made sure we were... Read More taken care of during set-up; and as always Mia banquet captain has and will go over and beyond to assist and execute in all areas of service...from Captain, Server, Bartender, Busser, Cake cutter...there isn't anything this lady won't do to assure that the client(s)& or guest(s) are happy during their event from start to finish. I love to host events with this venue...Great service, affordable, and yes the food is fresh and delicious. I highly recommend to visit and book with this venue for your next event..

2015-04-15T16:45:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you .. your pretty great yourself...hope to see you soon!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

I recently got married here in September. Katie Davis was the best! She was a huge help and so sweet! She literally guided us through EVERYTHING. If it weren't for her we would have been all over the place. I would definitely recommend!

2014-10-29T16:29:44 Response from the vendor

Brittany, it was such a pleasure working with you for your big day! You and Josh are a beautiful couple and we wish nothing but the best for your future life together! Thank you for your kind words and I know we will stay in... Read Less Read More

Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jewel G

I got married at English Turn a few weeks ago and it was even better than I imagined. Not only has the club been updated but the service is impeccable. My ceremony was outside overlooking the water and reception in the gorgeous ballroom. All my guests kept repeating how amazing... Read More the food was!!!! It was truly a dream come true. Katie was absolutely amazing! She was always on top of everything and kept me calm! I will be sure to refer all of my friends to English Turn.

2014-10-24T13:31:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that your wedding was everything you dreamed of..Best wishes to you and your husband.

Ceremony/Reception at English Turn

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Mittye C

My husband and I were married on 10/10/14 in an outdoor, sunset ceremony, and we really couldn't have asked for anything better! First, we took advantage of a deal for 100 people which included the ceremony, food, table linens, DJ, open bar with beer and wine. Now, our... Read More ceremony was on a Friday, which lowered the costs, but all we had to do was show up with the flowers and any other decorations we wanted. Rachael and Katie, the coordinators, were very hands on and readily available to answer any and all questions we had during the planning process, and they remained calm with us on the day of. When the day finally arrived, my husband and I were blown away by the level of personal service we received for our private dinner. The entire evening was better than we ever expected, and was certainly a WOW experience for our guests. The beautiful setting allows for many, MANY picturesque moments. If you are in the beginning stages of planning your wedding, please take some time and drive out to see English Turn yourself. Pictures on Facebook do not do it justice!

2014-10-24T13:32:17 Response from the vendor

It was so nice working with you. I am so happy you had a great time and your wedding was perfect. Best wishes to you.

Great Venue!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014

We chose to have the ceremony and the reception at English Turn. They had just redone the ceremony area 2 weeks before our wedding and landscaped. It look BEAUTIFUL!!!! The reception place was really nice also, the food was excellent, we had plenty of seating, and the staff and... Read More our personal attendant were extremely polite, easy to work with, and very attentive to our needs! I would totally recommend this venue to anyone. Everything is perfect!!!!!!!!

2014-10-24T13:33:12 Response from the vendor

I am thrilled to read how perfect your event was. Thank you for trusting us with such a wonderful event. Best Wishes

English Turn Country Club is the place to go for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Savanna E

Being that I grew up in the subdivision, in the end it was a no-brainer on where to get married, however, I did not expect it to be as amazing as it was! The staff was very involved from the contract to the secondline and alleviated the extra cost of hiring a "day of" wedding... Read More planner. Everyone was very personable, professional and hands-on. The venue is gorgeous on its own so if you don't have a large decor budget, no worries! You already have a beautiful backdrop! We had our ceremony on the back of the country club facing the golf course and I couldn't have asked for a better view on the day I married my best friend! Being that it was a spring wedding, we had a 6pm ceremony that worked perfectly with daylight savings time. The picture shown on the homepage of this venue is my husband and I after our ceremony. I still cannot imagine a better sunset! Having the grand staircase to walk down on from inside the club makes you feel like a princess! Then it is an easy transition for your guests into the clubhouse for the reception. We had 260 guests on our wedding night and never at one point was the room crowded.To this day, I still have multiple people (no exaggeration) tell me that our wedding was the best they have ever been to! You cannot go wrong with this venue, the staff, the food (was phenomenal!), the service and the attention to detail. English Turn was hands down the best place for my husband and I to spend our special day! P.S. my groomsmen took advantage of the golf course the day before the wedding and loved it!!!!

The best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Jordan R

English Turn was one of my top 3 choices when we started looking at venues. I wanted that southern plantation feel and the grandness of this venue was perfect. The event space is perfect with separate areas for drinks, music, and food. It flowed perfectly, the ballroom is... Read More beautiful and comfortable. Katie and the staff at English Turn were wonderful to us. Katie helped me with every step of the way and we became fast friends, she even updated me the day of the wedding to keep me calm and free from worry! The staff was so attentive to us at our reception and we felt very well taken care of. Our wedding was 3 months ago and our guests are still complementing us on how wonderful everything was. Having our reception at English Turn Country Club really helped to make our day absolutely perfect! Highly recommended!

Wonderful Wedding and Reception Venue

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 DaJuan B

My wedding and reception was recently held at English Turn and I must say this venue was beautiful. The ladies that work there both Katie and Racheal help to make our big day run smooth and perfect!! I couldn't have choose a better places to have my big day!!! I can not... Read More THANK them enough!!! English Turn is bi far one of the best places!!! Love ONE HAPPY BRIDE !!!

Such an amazing night!!

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Ami S

My fiance' and I fell in love when we went to view ETCC. We went in thinking we would not love it and that we were going to go with another place. Well, were we wrong! WE LOVED IT!! From the moment I walked in to the Clubhouse, I knew this was it. The reception ended up being... Read More more than I could have ever imagined. Katie Davis(The wedding coordinator) was amazing!!! She was constantly bringing us refills of drinks and making sure we had everything we needed! The night went TOO fast but it could not have been better! Even though, we didn't get to eat much that night, we had a HUGE going away basket full of food!! YUM! Our guests also raved about the food. So so so happy we went with English Turn. They will not let you down!!

Meet The Director of Sales

Racheal Apken

Rachael Apken has over a decade of experience in hospitality. Through the years she has worked in all aspects of the industry for Centerplate, Local Boutique Hotels and properties, many restaurants in and around New Orleans, as well as a number of private employers. She earned a degree in Interior Design from Delgado Community College with a minor in hospitality. She was employed as a professional Interior Designer for 17 years. All of Racheal's events are as unique and flawless as each bride she has had the privilege of working with. Racheal resides in New Orleans with her two fur babies