Erica Mendenhall Photography

Southern California and beyond

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

PO Box 185, Rancho Mirage, CA Southern California and beyond (760) 408-2060

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Yvonne L

I found Erica online because I was looking for a photographer local to Palm Springs, where we chose to get married, on very short notice. After leaving a message, I heard back from her right away and we ended up talking on the phone for almost an hour! It felt like I was... Read More making a plan with a friend who knew all the right questions to ask to get me organized and thinking creatively about images I wanted for my special day. She was very easy to communicate with, organized and extremely considerate of my desires, timeline and needs. Not only are her prices very reasonable, she also provided all the photos in web and hi-res files with a quick turnover. She was also very flexible during the shoot and our photos turned out great! I am thrilled to have chosen her and fortunate she was available on my special day. I would highly recommend hiring her to anyone getting married. The day will come and go and what’s left are the photos to remind us of the special moments of that day.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Belen H

Erica is WONDERFUL!!! She is great to work with, she is always in contact with us, which is something we really liked about her since the beginning. She is very professional but she knows how to make us laugh. I was so nervous going into our engagement session, I had never done... Read More professional pictures and I am very self conscious about pictures. Yet Erica and her husband made the experience so calm and fun. We had a blast working with her and she really understood us and captured our awkward side, which we loved. I can't wait to work with her at our wedding and can't wait to see more of her wonderful work.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016

Erica photographed our wedding in September 2016 in Palm Springs. She is a lovely professional who captured the essence of our day. We're so pleased with her photography. Erica was kind, courteous, funny, and even offered suggestions regarding wedding day details that we... Read More would have overlooked. She went above and beyond to make our day special. I am so grateful Erica Mendenhall was able to photograph our wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016

My story started when my boyfriend told me we were going on a hike out in the desert ( something we do often) I was super excited because he never plans anything and I was like yes, lets go! After about 5 dirt roads, 10 wrong turns and me wondering if we were even going to make... Read More it out of the Anza Borrego Desert alive we found ourselves at a beautiful trail that he was just so adamant on taking me on. When we arrived, to my surprise there was another car there, I thought, like us they were just a few other crazy hikers willing to take the trip to see the beautiful views. We hiked up to the peak of Fonts Point and stood looking out over the magnificent landscape, 5 seconds later I turned around and to my surprise he was on his knee with a beautiful diamond ring in his hand, I think I blacked out from the excitement and didn't come back to life until he told me to wave to the photographers. As I finally caught my breath and looked up I saw Erica and her husband snapping photos, I asked my boyfriend "Are they taking pictures of us? I thought they were just hiking" and sure enough they drove all the way out to the desert to capture this moment for us. Even though I was wearing no makeup , had hiking boots on and hadn't washed my hair in longer than I would like to admit, Erica made me and my fiancé look absolutely gorgeous and captured our love and the serene beauty of the desert. This was a day I will surely remember for the rest of my life and I am thankful that I will never forget a second of it because I have all of the amazing photos Erica captured for us. Thank you Erica! You are fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Leslie G

Erica has been wonderful from start to finish. I called her only 2 weeks before the wedding, and luckily she was available. She appeared on the big day and took the most delightful photos. She has been responsive and easy to work with, and has gone above and beyond. Highly... Read More recommended!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Amanda I

Erica was fantastic! We recommend her fully! First of all, her photos came out beautiful; each and every one of them. They successfully highlight the joys of our day. Second of all, she went beyond just taking photos, and helped us with location recommendations for our... Read More engagement photos and helpful flexibility with our timelines. The location we ended up choosing from her list of suggestions for the engagement photos was wonderful. Because I planned my engagement party so close to the photo shoot, she rush ordered one of those great engagement photos as a beautiful print for the party; it was perfect! The wedding timeline help she provided was such a surprise and a blessing! A week before the big day some changes were made and we asked her to come in hours earlier. She was flexible and even helped to streamline the entire timeline! The day of, she was there to strategize when groomsmen were late and the hairdresser took an hour longer than expected. It took a lot of the worry off our shoulders. Third of all, the day of our wedding went so smoothly with photos. We had provided her a list of the many, many family portraits to be taken that day (both of us have large families), and she made it all work! She wasn't afraid to take charge, place people, and rearrange them so that each photo was great, even despite all the wind. She kept the mood fun but got the job done. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day and not just have it all be about pictures; working with Erica meant that we were having fun the whole time, while still capturing moments we'll have in photographs forever. An added plus: we received our photos so soon! We had friends who had to wait six months or more to get their wedding photos, but not us! And we were blown away by the quality! She used the PASS website, which allowed us to share the photos easily, download them, and choose photos to be printed (included in our awesome package from her). We can't emphasize our satisfaction enough. We loved working with her and recommend her for any photography needs you may have.

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Melissa T

Erica is so lovely to work with and was very helpful from our first meeting all the way to the wedding! We are so happy we chose Erica as our photographer because she made great recommendations such as taking "first look" photos because she was worried we wouldn't have enough... Read More bride and groom photos given our timeline we sent her. She was fast on uploading our images (there were a ton!!!!!) and we loved every photo she took. Erica and her assistant took the time and made sure they captured the "Kodak" moments and can definitely re-live our special day when seeing her shots. Highly recommend Erica and would hire her in an instant for another party or event!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I’m usually not one for words or writing, hence why it’s taken me this long to finally submit this review just about a month after our wedding. I feel like I’ve re-written and edited like a million times and I still feel as if it won’t do her justice… but finally ill just... Read More submit.. (So sorry Erica) Erica Mendenhall is so easy to work with and she knows exactly what to capture and when to capture it. As a person, uncomfortable in front of the camera (not very photogenic and struggling with losing weight for my big day) I was worried about “certain poses” and hiding my body but looking at our pictures she captured the best angles and made me feel gorgeous, or so I thought but it’s really not that; she made us feel comfortable and relaxed and that’s what was the key ingredient. I’ll add that, although I was not the easiest bride to work with, she somehow did it! Everything I wanted or rather expected her to do without having to tell her. For most photographers I imagine that’s hard since they can’t read minds but somehow she captured every image and moment in time that I wanted. Once all the beautiful chaos was over and I had time to soak it all in I prayed she had captured pictures of this and that, etc…(you know how that goes). Upon receiving my gallery I practically burst out into tears (joyful tears of course) she had done it and they were AMAZING!! With one of the biggest days of our lives and such a huge action packed event, you didn’t miss a beat and I am forever grateful! P.s. For the Brides that are crazy and expect people to read your minds, she’s your girl. And for those brides that are organized and have communication skills, I’ll probably be seeing your pictures on the cover of a magazine! No doubt those pictures will be even more amazing!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

What can we say..? Erica was AMAZING! With as stressful as weddings can be, it was definitely a relief to have someone as helpful, knowledgeable, and kind as Erica along the way with us. She made us feel so comfortable and was always in constant contact throughout the way. It... Read More really does make a difference having that kind of person working with you. Not only did we love working with Erica every minute we were with her, but she captured our wedding so perfectly. She captured all the emotions and our pictures came out incredible! Erica is so professional and friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We highly suggest Erica for any photography needs!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Justine S

Our experience with Erica, from the start, was amazing. We used Erica to shoot our engagement photos, we were nervous since we were making the move from Michigan to California and we weren't really sure what to expect. We started our hunt for someone to shoot our photos and soon... Read More came across Erica. I sent her and email and within a day or so she gave me a call, and from there it was pretty much a wrap. Erica worked with us to set up the best day and time possible, as we concerned about taking our pictures in the heat. We also had a time constraint, since we needed to get save the dates out. She called a few weeks before the shoot to go over poses and locations. She gave great advice to our questions and looked over everything we had sent her. The day of the shoot went so smoothly, she gave great direction, and recalled poses that we wanted, we couldn't have asked for a better day. In order to get out save the dates out in time she had pictures edited and ready to go within the time frame that we asked for. She also did addition retouches when we asked. I'm so pleased with our experience and if we weren't doing an out of state wedding, (and already had out photographer) Erica would have been our first choice. You won't regret booking with her!!

A great find!

Reviewed on 4/26/2013 Jodie S

We had a very small wedding (only 15 people) at La Quinta Resort, but even so I researched and chose vendors as carefully as if it had been for 200. I was overjoyed to have found Erica. She was not only willing to work within our budget, but went above and beyond to make sure we... Read More had exquisite memories of our day. She worked tirelessly and with great care and attention to detail from the moment she arrived till the moment she left (which was well beyond the time allotted in our contract). Besides being an extremely talented photographer, she is very professional (responding to emails or phone calls very quickly). And -- most importantly on one's wedding day -- she is just so very NICE! A joy to work with and she was able to put both me and my fiancé at ease when we were both a bundle of nerves. Thank you, Erica! You are the best.