Erin Shimazu Photography

I care very much about the well being and happiness of my couples & clients. This is why I believe it's so important for me to take the time to understand their needs and personalities, not only so I will know how to best create photos that speak uniquely to them and to their story, but also help make them feel as relaxed and as at home as I possibly can.  I absolutely love shooting with them, and it means so much to me that they feel the same way about their photographic experience! Because really, it should be fun :) ! We also offer Multi-Day Wedding Event Coverage, Engagement Sessions, & Trash the Dress. Erin has been shooting professionally for 9 years, is a published wedding photographer, & also offers Destination/International Wedding Packages. Please visit our site for more info!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Southern CA, Culver City, CA Southern CA, SF, Worldwide/Destination (310) 795-8812
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Nicole P

There aren't enough words to explain how amazing Erin is! Not just as a photographer but as a person, it was an amazing experience working with her from the first consultation meeting to our engagement session to the wedding day itself! We really wanted to find someone who could... Read More capture us as a couple, and not just the same generic wedding photos and poses you see these days, and Erin completely blew us away. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos has commented on how she captured our personalities. Going through the photos now, they take me right back to the day and I get butterflies all over again, that’s how perfectly she captured each moment. I can’t say enough about how lovely Erin is as well—she has such a sweet, warm, funny demeanor and made us feel completely at ease in front of the camera (which is really saying something because my husband and I are so awkward). I can’t get over how great this experience was, how breathtaking the photos are, and how wonderful it was to have someone as lovely as Erin with us on our big day!

Best Photographer Ever!

Reviewed on 2/21/2015

Erin Shimazu Photography's is simply the best!!! : ) Erin is so good at what she does, because she is patient, caring, sweet, easy-going, fun, open-minded and talented. There is truly not enough words to describe her. She made our "Save the Date" shoot so much fun, the end... Read More results were so fantastic that we forgot how nervous we were that day. She did not care to get down and dirty, as long as we were happy and comfortable around her. On the day of our wedding, she was not only on time, but full of energy and enthusiasm. Erin and her assistant helped us captured every important detail that day. If you decide to go with Erin, she will not only sell you a service... She gets to know you as a person, what you like, exchange ideas and gets personal so when the big day comes, she knows exactly what is important to you and your partner. We started to plan our wedding a year ahead so that when our day would come, it would be perfect, but the day came and the celebration just seem like it flew by. But thanks to Erin's work, we were able to relive our special day! Thru the photographs we can relive that day over and over and for many years to come. I know probably every couple says their wedding was the best, but ours was truly amazing because every moment was captured thanks to Erin. We could not recommend any other photographer, but Erin. We really hope to use her services in the future! Thank you Erin, we truly loved your work and I swear, we never looked better in any other pictures.

Amazing all around!

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Janani K

I can't say enough great things about Erin. I found her somewhat at the last minute, after our initial photographer fell through two months before the big day. I was searching desperately for photographers and found Erin's work linked on the site of my makeup artist. I couldn't... Read More stop looking through her photos. All were ethereal - you can see the influence of her time as a Hawaiian hula dancer and photographer in every photo she takes! She was so friendly, down-to-earth, and has a true passion for her work. She is a total professional, prioritizing the memories that you value, working to capture those moments in an effortless way. Weddings transpire in just an instant for the bride and groom - we got to relive all the details through her magnificent photos. I can't emphasize how beautiful the photos turned out - she went above and beyond her call of duty, at a very reasonable price for the number of hours she spent on the shoot! I felt so lucky to have her as a photographer on our special day. I give her my wholehearted, highest recommendation for any bride or groom wanting an excellent photographer to capture memories with heart and soul!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Adrienne H

If you are looking for an amazing wedding photographer, look no further. Erin is simply the best. She's SUPER nice, adaptable, responsive, professional, and beaming with positivity!! But, most importantly, she's got a creative vision like no other. She spends a ton of time... Read More familiarizing herself with your dreams for your wedding and makes them happen, and THEN fills in the gaps with beautiful touches that you would never have been creative enough to think about. My husband and I could not have been more pleased with our photos, and we can't imagine anyone else who could do a better job of documenting all of the big events in our lives. I would give Erin a thousand stars if I could!!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Aida S

I cannot even begin to explain how incredible Erin is, but I'll give it my best shot. From the moment we first met her, we knew that she was perfect not only by her sheer talent but her fun natured personality and professionalism. Everything from the get-go just felt so natural... Read More and comfortable. Everyone who has looked at our Engagement photos and or our wedding photos rave about how incredible they are and we have Erin to thank for these perfect forever lasting memories. We loved our Engagement photos so much we even had Erin make an autograph book for us out of them so all of our wedding guests can see them on our special day! On the day of our wedding, Erin was amazing. She made sure we got all the pictures we wanted, with whom we wanted which you would think would be near impossible with soooo much going on with sooo many people. Our wedding album that she made for us was of the upmost quality and she surely turns your imaginations into a reality. She was a ball to work so working with her will be the thing we miss most post wedding. We ❤ you Erin! Highly recommend her to everyone! You will not be disappointed and she will exceed your expectations in every way!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Elise L

We had Erin do our engagement photo shoot, as well as the pictures for our wedding. She was extremely professional and her pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL! About half way through our engagement shoot, it became super windy and Erin offered to reschedule the rest of the shoot for a... Read More few weeks later, at no charge! She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Bob F

Erin was the photographer for our wedding... to say she exceeded our expectations would be an understatement. Her artistic sensibilities drew her to us, but we were totally impressed by her professionalism and wonderful personality. Erin was a joy to work with from the... Read More initial planning, to our joyous wedding day, and well after with her on-going support. Truly, Erin helped make our day special beyond all expectations. I highly recommend her for all of your special event photography needs!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Lisa Z

Erin was referred to me by a friend who’s also a photographer. Her easy going personality made us feel comfortable right away. She was extremely helpful and accommodating to our needs (especially our budget). We decided we only wanted 5 hours of coverage for our wedding day... Read More which I know is very limited time to capture everything. She helped us navigate our timeline to include all the important details we wanted and made it happen. She even stayed a little past our contracted time to capture the cake cutting (last thing on our list) that was delayed! The photos came out beautiful and we are still getting compliments from family and friends. I later found out that a friend had tried to book her for her wedding a year prior but Erin was already booked for that date. No surprises there! Thank you, Erin!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Esther R

Working with Erin was a dream! My husband and I absolutely loved her. Really easy to contact, communicate with, and very kind. We were really impressed at how our engagement and wedding photos came out! She has a really good eye, and was perfectly in our budget.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Vanessa F

Erin was a pleasure to work with! We found her through a friend-of-a-friend. From the first in-person meeting over coffee, we hit it off. When we first met, she came prepared with her portfolio of work. I looked through the pages of beautiful shots and was taken by the way her... Read More work captures light and details. Everything had a sweet dream-like quality. Her prices were very reasonable, so I booked her for the engagement shoot and the wedding. We brainstormed ideas for engagement shoot locations. She was very flexible, considering she lives on the Westside and my husband and I live in Pomona. We ended up shooting in Downtown Claremont. My husband and I are camera-shy people by nature, but she brought us out of our shells. At the wedding, she and her second shooter were on-time, professional, and practically disappeared in the background. She did offer up many good ideas for portrait shots and angles. She was lovely to have around all day. Communicating with her has been easy and fairly quick. Our photos turned out fantastic. I was happy with the quantity of really good pictures. My parents and mother-in-law are also happy with the photos. I would definitely recommend Erin Shimazu as your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Chuck D

We were looking for a photographer for our wedding reception and saw Erin’s work online… and just fell in love with it! And she has been a joy from beginning to end. Not only is she super nice and professional, she’s a great photographer/artist AND her crowd control skills are... Read More awesome, which is very important when dealing with large families! All the photographs turned out so well that we always get envious comments from our friends about how great they look. She is now the go-to photographer for all our family and friends for all kinds of events… be it weddings, baby pictures, engagement, or whatever, she’s so accommodating and flexible! And I dare not trust anyone else to do the job that I know she’s the best at! It’s truly amazing how every time I work with her, I’m more impressed with how much hard work she puts in and how perfectly she captures each and every moment!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Charlie C

Erin was amazing to work with. She is such a warm and friendly person and everything was very professional and straight forward. She took pictures for our wedding (it was a simple ceremony), and I couldn’t be happier with the results. She actually went, by herself, to the venue... Read More weeks before the actual event to scope it out and to pick out cool spots both there and around the area. On the day of, she arrived early (a HUGE plus for any vendor!) to where we were getting ready and took a bunch of great, artistic pictures before, during, and after the ceremony. My wife and I aren’t the most creative people when it comes to stuff like this, but Erin had many ideas already planned out and she guided us very well through the whole thing. After the ceremony we went to some of the areas that she picked out nearby... knowing that I like unique architecture, she got some very memorable pictures of us at this building with these tall columns… it was perfect! She has a great eye and awesome ideas that all come together so well. Every time I see our photo album, it takes me right back to the happiest day of our lives. I’m so glad we had the best possible person to capture all of it! I can’t say enough for Erin’s dedication and her talent. Thanks Erin!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Theresa T

We hired Erin for our ceremony and wedding reception on two separate dates. I know she would never say this but I was a difficult client. Not because I’m picky but because I did not know how I wanted to capture my “special day”. Erin sat down with me a couple of times and threw... Read More out a lot of ideas. Erin was so patient and took the time to explain everything. My husband and I aren’t really romantic so during the photo session she was able to relax us and make us feel more comfortable which made for some great photos! One thing we did want was to take pictures with each family during the reception. We were concerned that we would look crammed in the photos because the venue wasn’t all that big but Erin was able to pull it off and took great shots! I know there are many options for a wedding photographer but I’m truly at awe of Erin and her talent as a photographer!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 monica o

We are so pleased we chose Erin to photograph our special day. We looked at so many portfolios on-line, received quotes from several photographers and narrowed it down to a few to meet with. Even before speaking with Erin, we fell in love with her photos. They were emotive and... Read More artistic, but not over-the-top; perfectly aligned with our vision for our celebration. She took time out of her schedule to personally meet with us for a consultation, listened to what memories we were hoping to capture on our special day and came up with some terrific ideas as well. She was reliable, on-time and flexible. She was also very sweet and easy to work with yet extremely confident in her abilities. The resulting photos are fantastic and there are so many! We are thrilled.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sherry N

Erin is EXTREMELY talented and has a great eye and vision for photo shoots. I recommend checking out her website and other photos you like so she has idea of what your taste is. My husband and I can't imagine using anyone else!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Atria N

I first learned about Erin’s work while searching various websites for photographers in southern California, which is where my wedding was going to take place. I immediately gravitated towards her work as it distinguished itself from that of others in terms of a level of energy,... Read More creativity, and quality that clicked with me and husband. When I first contacted her over email, the response I got was much more extended and thoughtful than what I received from over a handful of other photographers. Over the phone, she was personable, sweet, and extremely fun to talk to. These personality traits were evident in person when we first met her to take our engagement photos during a short trip to southern California, since we live in Arizona. The worst part about our visit is that my husband and I arrived an hour late by reaching the wrong destination that our smart phone mapper guided us too. She was very patient and waited for us and never showed any sign of frustration during our photo shoot. The final photos we took that day were gorgeous and we took advantage of a number of areas of a large park that required hiking, getting dirty, and rushing around before the sun eventually set on us. Erin volunteered to meet us at the wedding venue in advance of our wedding and even went another time herself to study the venue to anticipate taking photos at the right angles and times. During the wedding, Erin and her team were very professional, easy to work with, and calmed us down as we took every shot we had discussed in advance in addition to more. The quality of our wedding photos was extremely high and we have only good things to say about Erin. We would not hesitate to call upon her for other future events or to recommend her to others.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Allison T

Erin is very easy to work with! When we met I had a google doc ready of what shots I like and I told her why I like them. She made sure I got the shots I wanted. If there was a conflict of any kind, like timing for certain shots, she told me and then I made a decision from... Read More there. I am very happy with the results. Awesome quality photos and she truly pictured precious moments. I especially loved my "First Look" photos. I tear up every time I look at them. She is super professional, fun and easy to work with! I am so glad I left photos to her! I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to print some pictures and hang them up on my wall!!!

Spectacular Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Kristen S

We were consistently impressed with Erin and her ability to capture our personalities, love, and some amazing sunsets! She was kind and detail oriented but not pushy in any way. She was incredibly flexible and helpful in the suggestions she provided for our all of our photo... Read More shoots. Working with her was a relaxing, enjoyable and a worry free experience which is exactly what a wedding photographer should be. We can also say that she went WAY above and beyond in her offerings to us. As far as her photography is concerned, Erin's photography was nothing short of spectacular. We aren't just saying this because we were happy with how we looked in the pictures either. She takes the time to ensure each photo, angle, color etc is perfect. The detail that goes into each of the pictures was phenomenal. Without hesitation we would recommend her to ANYONE considering or needing a wedding photographer. She was an absolute joy to work with.

Reviewed on 7/18/2015

Love Erin! She's very patient and really understands what type of feeling you want her to capture. Me and my fiancé(now husband) had her for our engagement pictures and wedding photos. I really loved the candid shots style because I don't smile well in front of a camera, and... Read More she was able to make me feel more at ease by suggesting to not look into the camera until she counts to 3, as well as capturing and suggesting great moments naturally. Before the event, too, she was really good at reaching out and understanding what type of pictures or style we like and she was very detail oriented and in pays very good attention in listening through conversations.

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

Erin Shimazu was very easy to work with and not only captured my baby shower in the best way, I will be able to cherish those memories forever. She was able to capture real life moments as they occurred, rather than posed pictures, which is exactly what we were looking for.... Read More looking forward to working with Erin again in the future.

Erin is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Robyn T

Erin Shimazu did our beach engagement photos this year and we couldn't be happier with the results. With minimal description, she was able to understand the "look" I was going for perfectly. My husband and I had never taken professional photographs before, but Erin made us feel... Read More so at ease...and we even had a lot of fun! She was even willing to get messy in the sand and soaked in the waves to get those perfect shots. She is a natural talent and such a pleasure to work with! We trust her immensely, which is hard to find in a vendor as they can be quite expensive. We also received our photos very quickly! Thank you Erin, someday we'll find another excuse to work with you again :)

A Photographer Who Truly Captures the Moment!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Eswari R

It was a pleasure working with Erin from the moment we met her. She's such a warm person and so easy to work with. Erin took the time to really get to know us as a couple, understand the style of photography that we like, and go through our itinerary to ensure every moment was... Read More captured. We're not the most creative when it comes to coming up with poses for pictures, but Erin did a great job of guiding us and our wedding party which resulted in great candid shots of our wedding party. She's truly talented and an expert in the photojournalistic style. Every picture she took was phenomenal and I have to say there really wasn't a wasted a shot. And if all of that wasn't amazing enough, Erin went the extra mile to ensure that we had pictures on the helipad of our hotel with fireworks exploding in the background since our wedding was on July 4th. We didn't even ask for her to do this. As soon as she heard the hotel had a helipad, she researched when the fireworks would start and got help from the security guard to let us up there to take pictures during our reception. She timed it perfectly! Overall we absolutely love our pictures and we loved working with Erin. She's gifted, creative, and her love for her work shows through in every picture. Every bride and groom should be so lucky to have Erin as their photographer.

Erin Shimazu Photography ROCKS!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Cathy C

Where do I start with Erin Shimazu and her photography? I can say without a doubt that Erin Shimazu exceeded my expectations by capturing beautiful photos and providing top- notch customer service for her clients. And boy does she deliver! My husband and I were looking for a... Read More photographer who could take a few solid couples photos in celebration of our upcoming anniversary. We weren’t looking for a whole album of photos since we already had some wedding photos and didn’t want to spend too much money on more photos. As a photographer, Erin is superb. She knows how to take beautiful, portrait-style photos and focus on the people in the photos well while also capturing gorgeous settings with beautiful lighting. Her photos online are definitely representative of her work and speak for themselves. In addition to her awesomeness as a photographer, Erin is simply a wonderful person. She is humble, courteous, gracious, punctual, dependable, diligent, patient, responsive, and open-minded. She responds very quickly to e-mails and phone calls, and she has an ear for listening to what her clients desire instead of making the mistake many photographers do by imposing their preferences onto their clients. I was very particular about what kind of photos I wanted, and Erin was nothing but accommodating. She was super prepared the day of our photo session even carried a bag with towels and tissues just for her clients’ comfort! Erin is also very flexible and professional. My husband and I were traveling from out of town to LA and planned what was supposed to be an hour-long session to capture a few select photos. I didn’t realize it until the photo session was over, but Erin never stopped us off at the 1 hour mark and instead I think we ended up spending closer to 2 hours from start to finish. It’s not that Erin was slow or anything; it was that she went so out of her way to take us to different spots at the site so that she could capture the best views of the scenery and sunset. Also, the day of our session, it turned out that the winds were quite strong. I was a bit concerned that our photos wouldn’t turn out well because the winds blew our hair and outfits in all different directions, but I didn’t verbalize this. However, with her huge sense of empathy and without any solicitation, Erin stepped way above and beyond. At the end of our session, she offered to meet us the next day by traveling an hour to where we were staying to try to get photos with less wind and also accommodate a second outfit change. And just as with the end of our first session, I didn’t notice until the end that we had spent nearly another 2 hours at the second session. We ended up with much more than just the few photos we were initially hoping for, and now we’re having a hard time deciding which photos to choose to enlarge since many of them turned out wonderfully. To top it all off, Erin’s rates are very reasonable compared to other SoCal photographers, and her customer service is second-to-none. Needless to say, if I’m ever back in SoCal and need professional photography, I will be calling Erin. She’s absolutely professional and personable, and I’ve already recommended her to our family in SoCal. Erin is truly a gem!

Erin

I grew up in LA, studied fine art & photography in collage, & began shooting weddings professionally 9 years ago ~ needless to say I am even more in love with it now than ever :) . I am very passionate about it as my art, & that I use it to help bring joy to my couples & their families. I specialize in weddings, engagements, and portrait photography & find great excitement & happiness in finding the beautiful uniqueness that everyone possesses. In addition to photography, I also love painting & dancing hula - Aloha :D ! For more about us, visit: http://erinshimazuphotography.com/blog/