Esvy Photography & Films

NY, NJ, CT, Hawaii & International Destinations

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

NY, NJ, CT, Hawaii & International Destinations

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Caitlin W

Darren was one of the best (if not THE best) vendor decisions that we made for our wedding. He was incredibly organized from our initial phone call and each moment leading up to the Big Day (initial consultation, engagement shoot, planning, logistics, etc.) but he really... Read More distinguished himself on the day of the wedding. With so many family members running around, hair / make-up professionals, and an overall tight timetable he was a calming, constant presence. Simply put, we can't imagine having anyone else as our photographer. The quick sample he sent us immediately afterwards was also incredible and has been very helpful with following up with friends / family who were unable to make it. We would highly recommend Darren for both photography and videography.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 NEETHU A

Darren was awesome to work with! We had a big fat Indian wedding with 550+ guests so we were very careful when picking a photographer. We needed someone who could handle that type of chaos. After speaking to him the first time on the phone it was so easy to tell that our search... Read More was over. He was soooo laid back and confident. Even when things got really loud and chaotic at the wedding, he maintained his composure, and was able to capture all of the magical moments with such patience. He had no problem being outside in the sweltering heat to make sure that my husband and I got our private garden pics without the bustle of the hundreds of guests. I also saw his team jumping into action to capture all important parts of the military procession (military wedding), including the saber arch, cutting of the cake with saber, setting of the POW/MIA table etc. I can't wait to see his completed work!

A perfect day captured perfectly thru photos

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Samantha H

Darren was perfect! He's very organized and communicated frequently so we felt prepared leading up to the big day. He took the time to get to know us as a couple which made the photos that much more authentic. His assistant was also as professional and attentive as he was.... Read More Throughout the whole day, they anticipated not only our needs but our family and friends as well. As anyone can tell you, the schedule for the big day never goes as planned. Darren helped us prepare in advance for possible delays and ensure we had ample down time to truly enjoy the day. I'm so thankful that he went above and beyond to make our day even more special than we imagined. Most of all, we're extremely pleased with the photos. His black and whites are flawless and his unique artistic eye unequivocally sets him apart from other photographers. (There are photos that when we saw them for the first time, we literally gasped out loud because they were so gorgeous.) It was a perfect day and he captured it perfectly. Darren is the best! You have to hire him!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Janis S

We couldn't be happier with our photos from Esvy photography! Darren was great to work with leading up to our wedding day and just as importantly was able to quietly insert himself in special moments during the day for some great shots without being a distraction to us, our... Read More family, or guests. Overall very professional working relationship to go along with high quality photos!

Last Minute Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

My fiancee and I serendipitously decided that we need to get married at the city hall last minute. I was scrambling to find a photographer that can accommodate our need; and to our luck, Darren assured us that he was be able to show up very early before the city hall opens. It... Read More was a very spontaneous day, we were in and out of the city hall within 30 minutes as we are one of the first to get married that day! We spent the rest of the morning walking around Soho for a few portraits and a cup of coffee. A preview as ready by the end of the night so we were able to share our joy with our family and friends right away. Overall, I highly recommend Esvy Photography!

So happy with Esvy

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Michelle M

Darren and his team (Esvy) were wonderful. They were professional, kind, patient, and had a great vision. I loved how meticulous they were about lighting, angle, and sunset. The photos are outstanding. Check out the blog. Darren made himself available for phone calls and... Read More meetings. We were so pleased with Esvy. We highly recommend them.

Wow!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Laura M

When you think about your wedding, the memories last forever, but when you want to reminisce on the perfect day, photos and video from the wedding are the best way to do so. This is why my husband and I decided to book photography and videography with Esvy. Darren & his team... Read More were outrageously professional, sweet and creative. It was such a fun experience working with Darren & his team. Darren cares so much for quality and perfection for his couples and it truly shows in his work. We are BEYOND happy that we chose Esvy as our photographer and would not change a thing! So happy to have been referred to this company. We look back through the photos and feel the moments as if they were the present. Thank you, Esvy, for giving us the perfect day and making the day last forever!

Excellent, Creative and Professional

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Darren was very personal and professional in taking our groomsmen pictures. He was very active and accommodating to my whole party. The pictures came back in a quick and timely manner. Overall the quality is excellent and captured the essence of what I am looking for. Thanks... Read More Darren

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Erin C

So wonderful to work with and so very talented. I highly recommend Darren!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Jolie N

Esvy Photography offers a great value package (including out of town customers). Their picture quality is consistent and artsy. We love how they are able to capture those candid moments during our wedding day events. And love love love the lighting and colors of the pictures. We... Read More couldn't recommend them enough.

AMAZING WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 alex e

I had an absolutely amazing experience with Esvy Photography. Darren exceeded my expectations. When looking for photographers we met with a couple of vendors, but as soon as we met with Darren, we were sold. Not only did we love his style of photography, which captured great... Read More candid photos and had more of our photo journalistic style and his photos were able to truly tell a story and make those looking at the photos feel as though they were apart of the event, My husband and I also connected well with his personality. Darren was also very quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and as a type A bride he was always great answering my million questions. Darren also did an engagement shoot with us so we would feel extra comfortable with him on our Big wedding day. We knew once we got those photos back we would not be disappointed on our day and we were right. Darren and his assistant arrived promptly and on time the morning of my wedding and they were able to capture all of the suggested shots we discussed prior. My bridal party also raved about how professional and patient he was, as he made sure he captured great moments and was even open to ideas we had:) All in All he made our day very special and I HIGHLY recommend Esvy Photography without reservation. I am in love with our photos and so happy I have these memories to looks back on for years to come!

Engagement and wedding

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Christina L

Darren is wonderful. He is thoughtful and detail oriented - really plans out the day based on lighting and locations. He provides suggestions based on what you are looking for on the special day... Oh and he's an amazing photographer! You won't even know he is there and captures... Read More the most natural and beautiful pictures. If you are looking to be yourselves and still get stunning "wow" photos... Darren is your guy.

My wedding captured beautifully

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Darren provides professional, creative, high quality work in his photographs. We are so very happy with the photographs he took at our wedding in Los Angeles, CA! He worked from 10AM to 10PM and his hard work and his unique eye for capturing moments was delivered through his... Read More photos. At the end of the wedding night, we got to our hotel room and already there was an email from Darren with 35 photographs to get our eyes wet with excitement. I can't wait to see all the photos come together and relive what was the most thrilling, spectacular ceremony and evening in our lives. Darren was not only our photographer but a dear friend and we couldn't have been happier to have him capture the day and evening with us.

Esvy Photography

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Deborah d

Alex and I really enjoyed working with Darren. His shots came out great and we were able to get digital copies of our pics almost right away. Overall, great service.

Ardsley Country Club Wedding

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Sarah O

Hiring Esvy Photography for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! Our photos and video highlight truly capture the essence of the night in such an authentic, natural way. Darren and his team thoughtfully covered all of the most memorable moments with a level of... Read More professionalism that truly impressed everyone, from the staff to our grandparents. Esvy Photography went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and were very fair about rates. Darren took the time to understand our needs and personalities, and that really comes through in the content delivered. From the start, we were impressed by the level of experience and attention to detail Darren provided. His ability to walk us through scenarios and timelines that we would never have thought of going into this, gave us much more insight into how we wanted to frame our event from a technical stand point. Technicalities aside, we are so pleased with the natural, photo journalistic style that truly captured the story of our wedding in such a personal and intimate way. One last note, I would highly recommend adding the videographer! Having the video highlight is so MAGICAL, it brings you right back to to the feeling of those special moments every time you watch it. Darren and his team at Esvy Photography are exceptional.

Toronto couple engagement shoot in NYC

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Jennifer B

My fiancé and I were visiting New York City and we booked an engagement photo shoot with Darren. Darren was prompt in getting back with us and we were able to coordinate our trip with the photo shoot. Darren was very professional and he made us feel at ease. We had a great time... Read More during our shoot and Darren made us look fabulous. He sent our pictures to us less than a week after the shoot. We would highly recommend him and would love to book with him in the near future.

Amazing. Artists and professionals

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Sophie D

Amazing vendor. Super responsive, especially to emails which was key for me. Knows how to do their job, the day of, coordinated with the other vendors for a flawless events. Got all the shots I wanted and were able to capture all the magic of our special day. They really... Read More care about the pictures they take and the videos and we could not be happier with them. They are not the cheapest but the quality you get from them is priceless. They are fast too! We got our first 50 pix 3 hours after the end of the wedding. I would recommend them anytime. Can't wait to see our video

ESVY Photography

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Desiree N

Taking engagement photos in New York was a bonus for my fiance and I if we were able to save up enough money. Fortunately, we were able to make it happen and Darren was able to make it happen for us! I was referred to ESVY Photography by a family friend who knew someone living... Read More in NY that was able to recommend photographers to us. I emailed a couple a few weeks prior to our departure and Darren was the first to respond. I was impressed with his thoroughness even when we were not able to confirm anything with him until we actually made it out to the East Coast. As soon as I emailed Darren and asked if he was still available with a time, date and location, he was game. He even suggested a time sooner than anticipated for better weather and less of a crowd. Worked out perfectly. We got there on Tuesday and had our session Friday morning. We took our photos at Central Park and not only did he capture gorgeous shots, he knew the exact locations to take us to that had the best lighting and backdrop and even threw in an added bonus of being our tour guide throughout the shoot. He did his best to make us feel comfortable and natural even when I was extremely shy. Sample images were sent to us Saturday and all of our images were delivered on Monday. Talk about thorough! He mentioned having a huge wedding to do Saturday, and still, he managed to get the images to us within days of meeting with him. Darren exceeded our expectations in more ways than one. I would definitely refer him to anyone seeking a fun, enthusiastic, tasteful photographer that is very diligent and thorough in his work ethic. Darren, you are awesome!

Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 6/23/2014

Darren was our photographer for our engagement photo shoot. He was very personable,patient,and professional. I am in love with my pictures, and pretty happy with my overall experience with Esvy. He responds to emails in a timely manner, and was able to answer all my questions,... Read More and provide useful suggestions for the photo shoot. I have several friends who are interested in using him in the future! Thank You Darren

Esvy Photography Review

Reviewed on 4/21/2014

We hired Darren and his team at Esvy for our wedding in our home town Houston. Our wedding was a combination of Indian Catholic and American tradition. Our wedding was very hard to put together, cover, and coordinate because we wanted to have very traditional feel/look while... Read More also giving it a modern spin. The festivities went over three days which covered Mehindi, church ceremony, and reception. All of our vendors were local except Darren. He flew from New York and stayed in town for the entire 3 days and covered everything from beginning to the end. Darren was highly recommended to us by another couple from Houston, but we were still concerned about having an out of town photographer. Out of about 15 vendors who took part in the wedding, I can say from the bottom of hearts that Darren and his team were the best! From the moment we met Darren, we connected with him immediately, this is VERY important with a photographer. We gave him minimal to no direction, but he was able to capture everything perfectly. We felt like he was a close friend or family member very fast. For Darren, it was not just a wedding he was covering and he was not trying to just get it done. He was very passionate and kept us in check so that he could take the best pictures. He was telling people where to stand, what not to do, everything. I look back at the tremendous amount of pictures he provided us with and they are all perfect. On our wedding day, our decorating company got lost and never showed up at the church. We got married in a simple church with none of the decoration/floral arrangements we envisioned. We were so sure that the church pictures would look understandable plain and terrible. I’m not sure how Darren did it, but he worked around that and our church pictures look fantastic. He somehow managed to highlight what we had and made the pictures truly amazing. He’s not just a photographer, he is an artist who knows how to create something fantastic out of nothing! One of the other great quality about Darren is that he keeps in touch with you post wedding and keeps you updated on progress. Two of the biggest things you look forward to after a wedding is the video and picture. The Sunday after our wedding, Darren emailed us while leaving from the airport and gave us a very clear deadline and what the next steps are, this was without us even asking him. Within a few days or less, he already sent us few fantastic pictures. Then every few days or at most a week, he would update us on the progress and send few pictures just as a little surprise, all of this without us even asking him! That meant so much and we loved it! Our entire package was done in about a month! Just to give you an idea of how other vendors work, our video people were a very expensive local group unrelated to Esvy. That video company took over 5 months to provide us with our video, and we had to keep emailing them. Darren and his team are one in a million. He truly cares about the couple, family, and wedding. His passion and level of care is clear in the product he provides. So many people have asked us who are photographer was, and we proudly and confidently say it was Darren. My wife even told me recently that she wants him to cover all of our important moments going forward, kids baptisms, any and all important events! I couldn’t agree with her more. We’ve found a photographer for life! Darren and his Esvy Team are fantastic, we can’t recommend him enough!

Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Marisa P

My husband and i interviewed a lot of photographers. We really wanted someone who was going to capture our personalities and really capture the essence of us as a couple. When meeting with Darren, my husband and i knew instantly that he would be the perfect photographer for us.... Read More His attention to detail and eye for the perfect picture is just incredible. He is not one of those cookie cutter photographers who do the same cliche pictures. Darren gets you comfortable in front of the camera and he just snaps away until he gets that picture picture. It is evident by the pictures he takes that Darren loves what he does. We got married November 16th and i received my pictures already. We were beyond happy with our pictures and cant wait to start putting together our album! Awesome awesome work!

Must Read for "Destination" Brides

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Linda C

Photographer & Owner, Darren, of Esvy Photography exceeded our expectations! Destinations weddings typically come in packages with cookie cutter vendors (photog, cake, flowers, etc.), which is great for some brides. Means less work on your part. However, if you want custom... Read More quality best to pick your own vendors. Received a referral on Esvy Photography and Darren was very attentive and flexible right out the gate. We did a photo shoot of a "date night" on the strip in Vegas the day before the wedding, and Darren doubled as our photog and personal caddie. Few days prior to the wedding, he scouted out the ceremony site in Red Rocky Canyon to ensure we would get the best light and sunset on the big day. The day of the wedding, Darren was on top of every shot and paid such attention to detail. He knows what the end result should goes to great lengths to make sure the shot is perfect. For any of you destination brides trying to decide on photography, talk to Darren with Esvy Photography. We just tied the knot on 11.27.13 and Darren was kind enough to give us quite a few sample photos to tide us over the next month. The quality is five star, and he was so pleasant to work with. So ecstatic we went with Esvy Photography!!!!

The best wedding photographer hands down!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013

Darren and Esvy Photography is simply the best. I recommend Darren to every person I know because not only is he extremely talented, he always handles his work and our working relationship with absolute care. He has an artistic eye for style and grace. He is not only a... Read More photographer, but also a confidante and supporter on my wedding day and the days leading up to it. This is what sets him apart from all other photographers. Every bride knows that the photographs is one of the most important parts of your special day as it memorializes the moments forever. I am beyond satisfied with my experience and look forward to more photography shoots with him in the future! Book Esvy Photography today!

Working with Esvy Photography is a Key Piece of a Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Stacey S

Just to set the stage on our selection process when looking for a photographer: when planning our wedding we placed such great importance on finding the right photographer that after booking our venue, this was next up on our list! We felt that having these memories in photos... Read More was a crucial part of the day as it only happens once! With that being said, we could not be happier with our choice of selecting Darren and Esvy Photography! Darren has an amazing eye for capturing a moment and he is a pleasure to work with. He is personable, reliable, easy to communicate with, responsive, and takes beautiful photos. We are totally satisfied with the outcome of our photos and our album. Having worked with Darren makes me wish that I could have another wedding and hire him all over again!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Ellisheva B

Darren was absolutely incredible from the day I met with him up until today. He is responsive, accurate, and most importantly an INCREDIBLE photographer. I got my photos back from our wedding before I could blink, and I have to say I am 200% satistfied with his services. They... Read More are perfect in every way and we have not stopped getting compliments! I highly reccomend Darren for anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He is one of a kind, and a pleasure to work with!