Documentary

Engagement

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums

1122 Koko Head Ave., Honolulu, HI (808) 737-3322

Nice but could have been better

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Alma E

Eugene and his assistant took many photos of our ceremony and reception. I thought everything was great except some of the pictures would have been better if he cleaned up the background before he took them or at least photoshopped them out. e.g. a few pix taken on the beach... Read More after the ceremony and a blue lounge chair in the background or pix taken on the beautiful flower stairway and a computer sitting on a desk was part of the picture, pix taken in room and a pillow is on the floor.

2015-09-02T15:18:26 Response from the vendor

Picture Perfect-Making it better Thank you for your feedback. The utmost attention is given to the bride and groom on their day. Capturing expressions and creating beautiful images are essential. However, some things are un-avoidable in the background. We know that certain issues may be... Read Less Read More

Best Photographer EVER!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015

I am so happy that we choose Eugene Kam photography. He definitely deserves more than 5 stars!!! They are so easy to work with and gave us amazing photos. I LOVE my photos and could not be happier. I was extremely impressed that he treated my bridal party and family like... Read More his own and fit right into our wedding. They respond promptly to all of my emails and it is obvious that they love and have a passion for photography it shows by their professionalism. I love that their style is so natural and not posed. He is easily the best in the business and it really shows.

Excellent Quality photos!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Shawna S

Eugene was absolutely amazing! He was the first vendor I booked for our destination wedding and he didn't disappoint in any way! The website and picture cd was amazing! Our guests could go on the website and buy photos and we got to share the day with those that couldn't make... Read More with the slideshow!! I would highly recommend him to any bride! He has charisma and style and it shows in the photos!

no ka oi! (number one!)

Reviewed on 9/02/2012 teresa o

eugene and joy are the best. we used their services for 6 hours of photography and they were fabulous from the moment they arrived for our "getting ready" photos. joy is amazing and did a great job of fixing me up to make sure every hair was in place and every strand of my lei... Read More was sitting perfectly. eugene works quickly and expertly and we are so glad we chose them to capture the special moments of our wedding day. we received a beautiful dvd of photos, an online web gallery, and all of the lo-resolution photos so we could easily share our destination wedding with friends and family who could not be there. we highly recommend eugene kam photography to anyone!

Great Pics!

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Myla B

Eugene is great! If you visit his Eugene's website, you will do a lot of poses on the site. He is a lot pricer than other photographers so I would suggest negotiating. :)I got married at the Hyatt and he came with my package. I was worried because you cannot really interact... Read More with him because the Hyatt likes to be the middle man. On our wedding day, Eugene was open to us suggesting poses. He also provided direction and we are happy with all the photos. Thanks Eugene!

Excellent Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Nikki G

He arrived on time and took wonderful pictures. He worked well with the large Groups and also with the smaller more intimate shots. He knows how to create beautiful shots.

McCarthy~Exum

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 marnie M

Joy was a nice lady to work with....the only thing about it being Destination Wedding is the Photographer to really capture the couple of "who they are" on the romatic side for a Wedding....Disney books them into a package deal, so you have to pay for extra time. Wish we could... Read More have had more then 3hrs! Very good about sending a link and CD copy with in a week of the wedding.

Professional and Perfect

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Jennifer S

Working with Eugene Kam was a dream come true. I interviewed 5 photographers before finding Eugene, and I can say, without a doubt, that he came across as the most experienced (he's been doing wedding photography in Hawaii for 20 years), and professional (every email was... Read More answered within 24 hours). Eugene's standard contract also doesn't request payment until AFTER receipt of the proofs, which were delivered to me along with a wedding slideshow less than 2 days after our event. Wow! And I have more than 1100 photos to choose from! Thanks, Eugene!

Professional and Amazing

Reviewed on 1/03/2012 Marcie N

Joy and Eugene are a great team. Would recommend them to anyone!

Wedding during APEC

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Michelle

Eugene was great at capturing us on our big day. Joy was great at replying to any questions we had about time line and cost of photo packages. She was prompt to reply to any questions via email or by phone. Eugene arrived early on our wedding. He works fast and was able to get... Read More a variety of shots at the hotel. The photos were done in a week and a half. He was considerate to have them done by thanksgiving so that we could share them with our families.

Not a Photo Bomb...

Reviewed on 11/26/2011 Joanne S

Eugene Kam and his staff are incredible. We worked with Joy who was awesome! From our first meeting where she coaxed us into doing a first encounter, to arriving early and getting tons of photos, we loved her and her assistant. I was please when I got a call 6 days after our... Read More wedding stating that the online photos were ready and that we could come in and pick up our disk. We were really surprised that they'd put together a slideshow of their favorite pics with music, etc. That was a nice extra we weren't expecting. Some of my guests commented that they were pushy. I wish we'd gotten more shots of us with our guests individually and less of me on the dance floor. Overall we are very happy with their service. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Wonderful Pics

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Kelly T

Eugene and Joy are a great team! Eugene was part of the preferred vendor list at the Kahala and I was impressed with his website and attention to detail in our email correspondence. He was very responsive to emails which is so important to destination brides. Eugene made sure to... Read More phone so we can get to know each other before the big day. When we finally met, Eugene and Joy had a real calming factor and made us feel very comfortable. The gave pointers to us the whole time on where to stand and where to put our hands etc. Our wedding was on Thursday and Joy was telling us we could pick up by Saturday! When we saw their work on Tuesday we were very pleased. Joy had 2 DVDs ready for us as well as a letter. We are very happy with our photos.

so nice!

Reviewed on 3/22/2011 michelle k

eugene is the best in the trade. so patient, so professional, absolutely made us look and feel amazing for our special day!

Pricier but worth it

Reviewed on 1/27/2011 Winnie K

Eugene and Joy were great to work with. Joy was very quick with responding to my many questions and what really impressed me was that on the day of the wedding, Joy and Eugene managed to memorize everyone's names and faces. Joy was able to quickly remember and address everyone... Read More by name. I thought that was pretty awesome. They provided us with our pictures in a couple of weeks and had an private online viewing site for friends and family to also be able to enjoy the pictures of our special day.

Favorite Photographer

Reviewed on 8/24/2010 Lori M

Eugene Kam makes you feel comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. He is an expert in his profession and very professional too. He has also hired by several of our friends and familys' weddings. He comes highly recommended. Joy is also wonderful. I am grateful she was... Read More there with Eugene during our wedding. Her experience at weddings is very valuable. She even helped our wedding coordinators the day of the wedding. I highly recommend Eugene Kam Photography.

Fun and talented

Reviewed on 6/17/2010 Bailey W

Eugene took pictures at my sister's wedding. She raved about him even before the wedding, and yes, he was fabulous. Never a lack of ideas, and had a great sense of humor and ability to make everyone feel comfortable. The pictures turned out great. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Janet R

Eugene Kam and his crew took amazing pictures. We absolutely love his creative way of putting our album (storybook style)together. They were very easy and fun to work with.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Cindy C

Eugene is the top photographer in Hawaii. He was very easy to work with and we loved his style. He knew the basics of photography as well as he has been able to move with the digital age. He makes everyone look beautiful.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jennifer H

His ability to capture the moment as well as the wonderful back drop of Hawaii. He was very professional and always delivered proofs and album as promised.;Try to tell your family members not to get in his way because it prolongs the picture taking process.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lori B

Great/Open personality. Quick to respond, organized, enthusiastic and complimentary. She had all pictures taken on time and had them completed to us in weeks. She gave pics on email/online, a CD with proofs plus books to choose and then multiple albums with a great cost.

Reviewed on 8/21/2007 Marie M

Great photography style. Albums turn out wonderful. Very easy to talk with photographer himself, and his partner. On the day of the wedding, our photographer and assistant were very friendly. Our proofs were ready before we even got back from our honeymoon.