We love the details.

Did you know planning a wedding takes, on average, 250 - 300 hours? Who on earth has time for that?! We do. Backed by "The Elle Girls," you, as our client, will be HAVING a wedding, not PLANNING a wedding.

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

11651 East 350 Highway, Kansas City, MO Serving KC area & beyond (816) 838-6206

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Amber W

I will never be able to thank the Elle Girls enough for helping my husband and I plan the most perfect wedding! We hired them six months before our wedding, after initially trying to do the planning ourselves. This was the best decision we could have made throughout the whole... Read More planning process! Jonnelle took all the stress out of planning, helped us select the best vendors, and brought our vision to life. Our wedding was gorgeous! Thank you Elle Girls! We will recommend you over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Katie G

Events by Elle is the best...hands down! They took the time to get to know us and listen to our vision, and used their experience and wisdom to make our day perfect. We loved working with them and truly appreciate the attention and work they put into our day - our wedding was an... Read More absolute dream thanks to them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kaitlynn B

Michelle is Amazing! We were so grateful to have Michelle help us plan our dream wedding from start to finish! We met with multiple even planners after we got engaged but one thing that kept sticking out to me about Michelle was that there really were no boundaries, no matter... Read More what questions I had, how many times I needed to meet with her, or emails/phone calls back and forth she was there through it all, which was exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. Michelle also asked us questions to get to know us as a couple and not trying to plan right away "what if" situations... She was extremely helpful with each decision that was made throughout our planning journey. Michelle knew what I wanted more than I was even able to describe out loud. She took my random, unorganized thoughts and ideas and turned them into the perfect wedding! We had initially picked out a venue before we met Michelle, but with Michelle's professional opinions and guidance we ended up changing our venue, if it wasn't for her excellent advice and reasoning our wedding definitely would not have turned out as perfect as it did. Not only did she help ease the most stressful parts of wedding planning for us she also recommended the BEST, yet affordable, vendors out there. I didn't have a single problem with any vendors she recommended the entire Wedding Event Crew was incredible and we were so thankful for all of Michelle and EbyE’s help making our day the best it could possibly be! I highly recommend working with Events by Elle and allowing them to turn your thoughts and ideas for your dream wedding into a reality!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 felisa l

My hubby and I were very lucky to have worked with Michelle from Events by Elle. She is simply: amazing. She was very attentive, organized, and professional. She gave us tons of great recommendations when choosing other vendors and (much needed and appreciated) advises when... Read More planning the little details. The planning process went so smooth that during our wedding day, we did not have to worry about anything, she had it ALL in control. But the best part of working with Michelle, is that she made us feel like we were planning our wedding with a friend, and not just another wedding planner. At the end of the day, I have nothing but great things to say about her. She not only made our planning experience enjoyable but most importantly, she took our vision and made it a reality. THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Lucy S

Events by Elle made my wedding vision come to life. I really could have not gotten through my wedding weekend without them. I hired Events by Elle for a three day event. We had a Welcome Reception on Friday, Wedding on Saturday and Sunday we had a brunch. I wanted our wedding to... Read More feel like an experience. The Elle girls were put to the test when I shared my "dream big" vision. They constantly worked with vendors in KC to perfect our weekend. No matter what time of day it was Michelle (my wedding planner) was there for me. She has so much experience and I am so thankful for her input. I cannot say enough amazing things about Events by Elle. During our wedding weekend I did not have to worry about a thing and I truly got to enjoy every moment. Not only did I not have to worry about a thing, my bridal party and family did not have to either. Events by Elle took care of it all. To me this was important, because not only did myself and my husband want to enjoy our weekend we wanted our loved ones to enjoy it as well! I have never seen a wedding planning team work so hard. My wedding day it was raining and Michelle was running back and forth in the rain to take our gifts to my dad's car so he wouldn't have to worry about it and could continue enjoying the night. I loved the relationship I created with the Elle girls and I and so thankful we picked them to help plan our crazy wedding weekend! The most talented, caring, hard working, thoughtful and dedicated planners in Kansas City. My husband and I LOVE THE ELLE GIRLS!!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Claire R

I hired the Elle girls to plan my event because I am a professional photographer and knew that they could execute my vision perfectly and I could trust them to take care of every single detail that they and the team had worked so hard on for months! Being a wedding photographer,... Read More I work with a lot of planners, and I've worked with Events By Elle frequently over the years and have seen them plan and design every kind of wedding from the most extravagant, formal events, to the intimate, small town barn weddings, and everything has been nothing short of perfection. I knew I had to have them for our event! We had multiple stationery pieces, interactive stations for guests, food stations, assigned seating, and a lot of moving parts at the reception, including a massive ceremony site floral display that needed to be relocated to the photo booth area... ALL of it was taken care of seamlessly. The guests all raved about how perfect everything looked, how seamless the day went, and how organized and well thought out things were! They took my vision to the next level and really took the time to understand what I wanted, and communicated that in detail to the rest of the team! AND I literally had nothing to do the day of but ENJOY every single minute of the day. I didn't have to answer one logistical question, didn't have to think about any detail, didn't have to worry about cuing music, placing place cards, lighting candles, collecting items after the event, or ANYTHING. It was a DREAM DAY! I was able to soak in every second and just have a blast because I knew Michelle had everything under control. During the planning process, Michelle took time to meet with me to talk about the big picture, then would work on every tiny detail behind the scenes to bring it to life. (Seriously, everything was so perfect and detailed, that the event will be published in a magazine in 2018!). Last, I just want to say that the women at Events by Elle are extremely passionate about what they do - making dreams a reality and allowing you to soak in the moments while they take care of all the details. I am beyond lucky to have them as friends and have had them by my side planning such a special day. THANK YOU MICHELLE AND JONNELLE!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Michaela L

The Events By Elle team went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was amazing! They provided great insight and money saving tips throughout the planning process and worked so hard during the big day to keep everything coordinated and on time! I highly recommend working with... Read More the Events by Elle girls!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Betsy R

Hiring Events By Elle was one the best things we did to insure a dream wedding day for our daughter. Even though we are in the hospitality business, we don't plan weddings everyday; Jonelle and Michelle do! With all the details and frankly, money involved, Events by Elle will... Read More help you avoid costly missteps and will bring your vision to life. My daughter's wedding was everything she hoped it would be and much more! Thank you, Jonelle, for being so responsive and easy to work with. As my daughter said on her big day, " Dreams do come true"!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Rebecca C

When it came time to plan our wedding, my now husband and I met with several different coordinators before choosing to work with EbyE. I was already feeling overwhelmed, but my husband broke it down very simply by saying, "We liked them the best." They were the only ones who... Read More started our meeting by asking, "So tell us about yourselves, how did you meet?" We immediately liked and trusted them more than the others because they wanted to get to know us before they helped us plan our dream wedding. A wedding is supposed to be personal and about each individual couple and with within minutes, we could tell that was a huge priority to EbyE. Karoline was our lead coordinator and we adored her! Not only was she available to us whenever we needed something or were feeling overwhelmed, but she worked through all our ideas to ensure that our dream wedding came to life. The details are very important to me and by proxy my husband, Jake, and Karoline was constantly working to come up with creative solutions to ensure every detail was perfect. Our photographer even took photos of her making sure my husband and all he is groomsmens' bowties were perfectly placed! Without her guidance and extremely helpful suggestions, our wedding would not have turned out as perfectly as it did and we would not have been able to enjoy it. She was not only professional, but personal as well and we felt like we were working with a friend throughout the entire process. We highly recommend Karoline and the entire EbyE team and cannot thank them enough! They worked with us through every step of the process, and even we were in awe of how beautifully everything came together.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Rebecca D

I get tears in my eyes just thinking about my wedding as I begin this review. When I reflect on my wedding day I can honestly say that I had absolutely no stress. I was able to spend time with my bridesmaids and enjoy every moment because I knew Michelle had everything under... Read More control. From our very first meeting Michelle was always on the same page as us and always cared so much about what we wanted and what we wanted our special day to be like. Having someone to communicate with vendors for me was priceless and having someone take care of coordinating everything made it possible for us to enjoy the fun aspects of planning. I didn't see anything until the minute I walked down the aisle and to say Michelle turned my wedding vision into a stunning dream come true.

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Karl H

We had the pleasure of working with Jonelle for the last year while preparing for our wedding. She was a great guide and resource through out the planning process. She kept us on track with our planning and we never felt overwhelmed. The day of our wedding Jonelle and her crew... Read More shined. Our wedding and reception were in the same venue and required a room flip. While our guests were enjoying a cocktail hour in another room; Jonelle and her team seamlessly flipped the room. It looked amazing when we returned for the reception. My wife and I were able to fully enjoy our special day knowing that Jonelle had everything under control. The whole day and evening were perfect and went off with out a hitch. On our honey moon my wife and I reflected on our wedding day many times. Neither one of us could think of a thing we would have changed and also couldn't think of a single thing that went wrong. Jonelle, thank you for hard work!! You have a special talent!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Whitney S

My fiancé and I were married in November 2016. It has taken me over two months to come up with a fitting review for Michelle, who I would now easily call my friend. We started planning our wedding about a year in advance and knew we needed help. I love my husband more than words... Read More can say but I learned very early on in the process that he was a rare breed of “bridezilla”, the man kind, which we eventually termed as The Beyoncé. I myself am not exactly a walk in the park either, so you can only imagine what It must be like to work with two very opinionated people (many times opposing opinions). The only thing we had accomplished before deciding to go with the Elle Girls was nailing down a date and reception venue. I am not what one would call a “Pinterest” bride. I had no clue what I wanted but only knew what I didn’t want, which was almost always the opposite of what my finance wanted. Somehow Michelle managed to find a way to bring us together on literally everything. She helped us to compromise with each other and feel good when one of us got our way over the other. She should probably become a marriage counselor. Every vendor we ended up using (and we interviewed about three of each) were recommendations from Michelle. Michelle went to tons of these meetings with us we saved a ton of money from the discounts we received due to connections Events by Elle had with our vendors. During the year we spent planning our wedding, which included DAILY contact with Michelle, whether it be in person, phone, text or email, Michelle proved she could do it all. The day of my wedding I realized the gown designer had forgotten to send me home with my petticoat. Michelle was in her car within minutes, picking it up for me and getting it back to the church just in time for the ceremony. This is just one of the thousands examples I can give. There are too many to fit in this little box. It truly all came together for me in that moment when I walked into the reception. Everything was perfect, for both my husband and myself. Each flower was perfectly placed, every detail was executed brilliantly. There were things that had been done that I never even could have imagined for my wedding day. Michelle is smart and kind and everything you could ever want in a wedding planner. This review doesn’t even come close to doing Michelle and Events by Elle justice, but I did my best. I clicked 5 stars as my overall rating but that isn't nearly enough, if you ask me. In summary, I would strongly recommend you hire Events by Elle". - This review was rated and reviewed by both Bride and Beyoncé

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Miranda B

The best decision my husband and I made for our wedding was choosing Events By Elle as our wedding planner. Our hope for the wedding process, as well as the wedding day, was for it to be fun, enjoyable, stress free, and memorable - because of Events By Elle, it was just that! We... Read More had the pleasure of working most directly with Michelle, I now consider her a good friend. Another huge concern for my husband and I was cost - not only was Events By Elle the most reasonably priced for their services out of many others, but they worked SO HARD to keep us under our budget. They truly did all of the heavy lifting during the whole process, and let my husband and I enjoy the best and most fun parts. I was never stressed, because I knew Michelle had everything taken care of. She was also perfect for an indecisive bride, like me. The wedding weekend/day was flawless, and I attribute that to Events By Elle as well. They bring two planners on the day, so every little detail was covered. My husband, our families, and I did not have to worry about a thing! We all TRULY enjoyed every single moment. I am more than pleased with Events By Elle, and I can confidently say that anyone who chooses them to plan their wedding, will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Susan A

When our daughter got engaged, we thought we could easily handle planning a wedding. We very quickly found out that we were in way over our heads!! Especially since our daughter was living in Vegas. Events By Elle was recommended to us by a number of people. We met with... Read More Jonnelle and knew right away that we wanted to work with her!! Jonnelle is an amazing wedding planner!! Her knowledge of her industry is unmatched! When we first met with Jonnelle we had already contracted with our venue and our caterer. Jonnelle reviewed our contracts and immediately saved us money. Jonnelle is extremely creative and has so many ideas!! Our daughter would tell her what her she envisioned and Jonnelle would come up with multiple ideas and options to choose from. She also made sure that what we picked would fit into the overall theme of the wedding. She scheduled all the vendor appointments and tasting, which wasn’t always easy when a bride is only in town once a month. She thought of every detail, no matter how small. The wedding day was perfect!! Jonnelle was there from the very beginning to the very end. She kept everyone on schedule!! My husband and I were able to relax the whole evening and enjoy the wedding and our guests company. She took our daughter’s dream and made it into a reality. The next day I asked my daughter if her wedding was everything she had dreamed it would be. She said it was far beyond anything she could have ever imagined. That’s what a parent wants to hear! Thanks Events By Elle for making my daughter’s wedding magical!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Cena D

My son was married and his "now" wife's family used Events by Elle, and the planner was Jonelle. It was so well organized that it made the entire wedding party and families have a great time with every little detail provided for them. This wedding was coordinated with the... Read More bride and groom living out of state, which proved to be effortless for Jonelle. Even though we were on the "groom's side", we were included in all the itineraries which had what all was happening by the minute! Also, I (groom's mother) actually was involved with the planning of the ceremony and felt so comfortable calling and having an enormous amount of time spent with me! Who can top that !??? Went to several weddings following this and once you've had a GREAT event planner, you wish everyone could have one!!! I also would love to have that same night again!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kaitlyn K

I hired Michelle with Events by Elle about 10 days after I got engaged. As and event planner myself, my Parents gift to me was a wedding coordinator. I knew exactly how many details and how much coordination would be required to execute the perfect day and I didn't want to be... Read More the one doing any of it. I wanted to be able to enjoy and savor every moment instead of stressing if the cake was on time or the guys tuxs had been steamed. I am a perfectionist and pay great attention to detail and honestly was worried about finding a coordinator who could keep up. Not to mention I was planning the wedding from out of state and would only be able to visit KC twice before the big day. I interviews several coordinators over the phone and after speaking with Michelle I just knew. She was the only coordinator who didn't ask questions about the type of wedding I wanted but about me and my fiancé, who we were, our interests, our lives, and the type of marriage we wanted to have. The entire 9 months of planning, Michelle was always available. She listened to what my fiancé and I wanted and helped us select vendors that could meet our needs and match our personalities (very important). She handled my crazy and kept up with all of our requests. The week of the wedding I felt completely at ease, she had everything down and taken care of. From the begging of the rehearsal on I didn't have to worry about thing. The day of the wedding was flawless, I celebrated and got ready with my bridesmaids and family and Michelle took care of the rest. All that time she had spent listening to me and learning what I wanted paid off. If there were any issues I know nothing about them, she never came to me with problems, she handled them and our day was perfect! I do this for a living and I can 100% tell you Michelle is the only person I would trust (besides my self) to pull off a perfect day. If you want to enjoy your wedding and ensure your guests attend a perfectly executed, amazing party, I strongly recommend you hire Events by Elle!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 genesa c

The Elle Girls were amazing, we couldn't have had the magical day we did without them! Start to finish, Jonnelle and Michelle were central in bringing our vision to life, coordinating and recommending the BEST vendors, and keeping me sane through our year of planning. Thanks... Read More Girls, for helping my creativity flow and flourish and for making everything absolutely perfect! Much love!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

We hired Jonelle for our wedding as a day planner. She met with us a month before the wedding to make sure she fit all of our requests and. We had a pretty difficult wedding with a groom from Peru and bride from the US, both living away, so the wedding had to be planned from... Read More far and meeting time was limited. They did an excellent job and everything was great. The one thing I will never forget is that I had lost one of my cufflinks during the reception (which we specially made for the occasion). When I mentioned this to Jonelle, she instantaneously went to look for them and, somehow, found it! That is just a small display of her dedication and how great she is. I recommend Events by Elle, they will make your life easier and make sure everything goes great during your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Judy S

As mother of the bride I was over the top impressed with Events By Elle! We had such an incredible experience with Jonnelle! She handled every detail for our family with such professionalism, going above and beyond with everything. Jonnelle is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jaclyn S

Ok so if I could give EbyE 10 stars I would!!! You do not want anyone else planning your wedding in KC! My main planner was Jonnelle, but I did meet Michelle a few times and both are incredibly nice people. I was on the fence about getting a wedding planner or not and believe... Read More me when I say that it is probably some of the best money I spent on my wedding and I am so glad I did. I used EbyE as my full service wedding planner meaning that they worked with my from the time I was engaged to my wedding day. (The also do just "day of" planning.) One of the nice things about working with Jonnelle was that she arranged all of my venue appointments when we were touring venues which came in handy for me as an out of town bride. She also set up many of my other vendor appointments when I was choosing everything out. She was so organized! Closer to the wedding day she was in touch with my wedding vendors to organize logistics. Let me tell you- this was the biggest weight off my shoulders. I didn't have to worry about when the cake was going to need to get there, or when to tell the photographer to show up- Jonnelle did it all. Weddings are a special time and you want to be able to enjoy your months as an engaged couple. Jonnelle ensured that that happened. She also ensured that I was not stressed on my wedding day and I cannot express my gratitude for this. Most of us will put a lot of time and money into this one special day and then not get to enjoy it because we are putting out fires with the vendors, wondering why the band is late, etc. If you have EbyE with you on your big day, you literally have to do nothing besides enjoy your day. That is something that was invaluable not only to me but to my family as well. My mom and dad could also enjoy the big day instead of worrying about who was going to clean up or load the wedding presents in the car. Another plus of having EbyE on your side is help negotiating with wedding vendors. We had a slight issue with our caterer and it was Jonnelle to the rescue to meet with them THE NEXT DAY to sort everything out. Not only are the EbyE girls your wedding planners, but they are also your advocates and are on your side throughout the process. I am sure I am leaving out other incredible things the EbyE girls did for me but I cannot sing their praises enough. My bridesmaids and maid of honor could also enjoy the day and didn't have to stress because Jonnelle was on the ball- 2 of them will be likely getting married in the next few years and I told them they NEED EbyE to plan their wedding! Lastly, many of my guests and friends commented on how calm I was on my big day and the weeks leading up, and they would ask why. My answer was always Jonnelle. THANK YOU SO MUCH EBYE, my wedding wouldn't have been what it was without you.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Erin M

Having Events by Elle as our wedding planners was the best money we spent in our entire wedding budget. AND they were such a great value—we interviewed at least four planners in the KC area, and Events by Elle were the only ones to really listen to what our wedding would entail... Read More and give us a custom price. Our wedding was basically a destination wedding—although from Kansas, none of my family lives in KC and I was living overseas during the entire planning process. Jonnelle was a dream to have on my side! I was only able to visit KC twice to tour venues and meet with vendors, but Jonnelle maximized my time by helping me narrow things down based on our style and budget and she was able to help us select the perfect slate of vendors that helped bring our vision to life. I’ve planned many receptions and events for work (and can be a control freak!) but I felt completely confident in leaving everything in Jonnelle’s hands. We were able to totally relax and enjoy the time with our family and friends, while she and her team expertly handled every aspect. Jonnelle has truly gone above and beyond for me and my family, even handling some extra details for my mom after the wedding since we all live out of town. The upfront investment in Events by Elle really helped to extend our budget by getting us quality vendors and ensuring everything was pulled together perfectly. Hiring a wedding planner was a good decision, but choosing Events by Elle was the BEST decision!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

we were luck to have met the Elle girls, Jonnelle made planning everything simple. there is a lot of details you do not think about when planning a wedding. she took all of the stress off of my wife, and essentially me. I would recommend them to any one! Thank you for everything... Read More Jonnelle!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Tara H

I have seriously been putting off writing a review for Events By Elle because I have been worried about properly conveying their perfection and our appreciation for everything they have done for us! I had never imagined having a wedding planner by my side for when I got... Read More married. It always seemed like something unnecessary and that I would be able to plan and do everything that a wedding entails all on my own. Two days after getting engaged, I was at work finding myself incredibly distracted already! I was beyond overwhelmed with ideas, Pinterest, and suggestions from friends and family. I threw my hands up and knew I could not spend the next year feeling like that. Events By Elle happened to be a preferred vendor listed on The Knot. I shot over an email that day, scheduled a meeting for the next week, and then patiently waited for our appointment. Jeff and I meeting Jonnelle is nothing short of one of the biggest blessings in our lives. I felt incredibly comfortable within minutes of meeting her. I am far from crafty nor do I have an eye for decoration and style. Thankfully, Jonnelle asked for our overall vision of the wedding, a few specific details, and then calmly asked us to trust in her. Little did I know that in one year I was going to experience the most gorgeous and perfectly laid out day. EVERY SINGLE DETAIL she laid out was miraculous. Events By Elle linked us up with the best in the business. We had the most incredible caterer, photography, and music. I cannot stress to anyone enough that if you do this on your own, there is just going to big, very big piece missing! Jonnelle handled every step for us from one week after we were engaged to the week after we were married. She made sure everything was flawless, if there was anything that slipped on our big day, I honestly had no idea! My appreciation for keeping my mother, family, and myself so stress free throughout the process and especially the day of, I will never be able to show! I am so lucky! If you want the best in the business. If you want the most stress-free engagement. If you want the best wedding day ever. Your only option is choosing Events By Elle.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Amber B

You know when you meet or witness someone that is incredibly GREAT at what they do? This is just the tip of the iceberg when describing Jonnelle & Michelle. Not only did they plan and execute the wedding of my best friend's dream- after one desperate meeting with these ladies,... Read More they completely took the Bridal Shower and created the most memorable event with only little guidance from me. When you want a spectacular event, impeccable taste, and a professional experience- there is no one else to call. Best in business. And they're incredible humans, to boot. I could not give a higher review or recommendation for Events by Elle.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Hope J

Jonnelle. Is. Incredible. My wedding wouldn't have happened without her. I owe it all to her. She took my crazy, unorganized ramblings and organized them into the wedding of our dreams. She knew all of the right vendors for us and knew exactly what to say and do to get each job... Read More done. She is creative, professional, funny, personable, and you will want to be her best friend forever. I could go on and on. My biggest advice to any bride or groom, or anyone needing something planned; is to get Jonnelle from Events by Elle. I wish I had something for her to plan now that our wedding is over!

Michelle and Jonnelle ~ The Elle Girls

After working in the wedding industry for over a decade, Michelle and Jonnelle partnered up to create Events by Elle in 2012 to give couples a unique planning experience and a day that was strategically designed to represent their personalites. The Elle Girls love of planning and design quickly took them to the top of Kansas City's leading wedding planners. They have since been awarded by The Knot, Wedding Wire and Borrowed & Blue. Their work has been featured in The Knot, KC Weddings Magazine, EA Bride Magazine, The Luxe Pearl, Borrowed & Blue, The Westchester Wedding Planner and more.