Because you deserve the perfect day

Planning a celebration to remember is complicated and time-consuming. The average wedding can take 250 hours to plan. With our busy lives, imagining and executing a creative vision for an event is challenging for even the most organized among us. Exclusive Island Weddings specializes in making your wildest dreams a tangible reality. With our background in the wedding industries, we bring a level of sophistication and originality to wedding and event planning. We draw on our expertise and extensive local contact-base to create not another cookie-cutter, pre-packaged affair, but a true one-of-a-kind experience that reflects your personal style, taste, and imagination. Casual or formal, Exclusive Island Weddings promises a memorable event within your budget.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

Kahului , HI Maui (808) 344-2067
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Irene N

We knew choosing the right wedding planner was very important since neither the groom nor I would be able to visit Maui before our actual wedding. Kim, Keala, and the EIW staff did a wonderful job working with us remotely - they planned the venue layout, sent us several options... Read More for caterers, hair and makeup artists, photographers, bartenders, MCs, and officiant. The venue was at a family friend's private home, and their comments were all extremely positive and noted how professional and prepared Kim and her team were during site visits. In addition, we especially liked how transparent EIW was about payment - invoices came directly from vendors and checks were made out directly to them. EIW was not taking any commission off of any bills due. EIW charges one flat rate and that is that. Kim and Keala communicated with us well and were immediately responsive to our questions and comments - there was never a time we felt ignored or "unattended" to (even with the East Coast/Maui time difference). We trusted Kim and Keala's opinions and suggestions and our wedding was a huge success. Everyone had a wonderful time and both the groom and I received so many compliments on the final result; several guests even asked for EIW's contact details. It was the stress-free wedding of our dreams, and EIW was key to making that happen. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Steven T

I can't say enough about Exclusive Island Weddings and we formed an immediate connection from the first conversation. It was important for me to work with someone who could understand our needs and stay within our budget. Communication was outstanding and professional. Questions... Read More were always answered promptly and honestly and their ability to make suggestions keeping our personalities in mind, was greatly appreciated. Admittedly as the groom, planning a wedding seemed overwhelming, but EIW made the whole process smooth and simple. They catered to both my Island Ohana and my Family from the mainland and did a beautiful job with a tribute to my parents. Most importantly, my bride couldn't have been any happier with how everything came together- it was a perfect day! I can't thank EIW enough for everything! If you have the opportunity to work with them, don't pass it up! Aloha, Steven

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 lundie F

Huge thanks to Kim and Keala for planning our wedding! My Wife would have been a MESS if it wasn't for them. They have all of the great vendor hook ups on island and really made our day perfect! They care about the grooms perspective on everything, even though I lost on the... Read More gold silverware debate! Their meetings are always fun, and just to say it again, they will make your Fiances into happy, stress free brides, not bridezillas! Totally worth it!!! Thanks ladies

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Kristofer K

Kim, Keala, and the EIW staff did an amazing job for our wedding in May. Before my wife and I met Kim, we were really stressed because also with attempting to plan our wedding, my wife was still in school in Oahu while I was here on Maui. We saw great reviews of Kim and her... Read More staff so we gave her a call. And it was the BEST decision we made to plan our wedding. As the groom, Kim made me feel much more comfortable in what we needed to do and answered all our questions, from catering to vendors to the little details. I didn’t know what grooms do in the planning process but it was nice to have her guide the both of us through the whole process and for me to be involved. Having her ideas and suggestions also made it easier for us. She’s so creative. Lastly, she and her staff nicely executed our wedding with such finesse. All our guests raved over how beautiful everything was and that everyone had a great time. We don’t know what we could have done without Kim and EIW. We absolutely recommend her services!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Dominic V

Working with Kim and Keala has been an absolute pleasure. As the groom they even asked me my opinions on things I wanted in the wedding. They kept us updated at every turn. Having them as our planners even helped us save a little here and there because of their connections with... Read More vendors and storage of party decorations; vases, cake stand, cutter, etc. I could go on and on. On our wedding day they made things very smooth taking care of all complications that happened without letting us know about it and their decorating at both the ceremony and reception was incredible. I give them 5-stars and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Shayne C

Words can't describe how grateful we are to have EIW be part of our wedding planning. We did not hesitate to go with them just because we've already heard so much good reviews from our family and friends who have hired them prior. From day 1 of our first meeting, I've already... Read More felt a sigh of relief knowing that our wedding was going to be taken good care of. We appreciated Kim and Keala for their professionalism and at the same time for being very personable. We were very indecisive and we would be making last minute changes and requests up to the day of the wedding, but they were very patient and accommodating to it all. They would always reassure me that everything was taken care of in their part, and that is something you just love to hear as a bride who is a perfectionist. We had so much fun at our reception and that was a big thing for us because we didn't want to be worried or stressed about little things. EIW handled every little problem and fixed it with such professionalism. If you're still on the fence about hiring them, please do not overthink. This is the BEST investment you'll ever make for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Ashley C

We would like to just say how grateful we are to have had Kim, Keala, and all of the Exclusive Island Weddings staff be part of our beautiful wedding. There is definitely a lot of planning when it comes to a wedding and details that you would have never thought of and there is... Read More no way that we could have pulled it all off without the help and expertise of EIW. The vision we had for our wedding was put into reality and every detail was executed to perfection. On the day of the wedding Kim and Keala and the EIW staff were able to coordinate everything and we were able to enjoy our wedding day free of any worries. Hiring EIW will surely be the best decision when it comes to planning the wedding of your dreams.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie C

One word: amazing! Kim and Keala helped us plan our wedding right after we got engaged in Nov. 2016. We had a dream and they created exactly what we envisioned. With my husband being a DJ in the wedding industry and having worked with Kim in the past there was no other person... Read More we trusted to plan our wedding. From the decor, flowers, intimate attention to detail... there is no other way to describe the months of planning and our wedding day other than "perfect." Thank you Kim, Keala and the entire EIW crew for making our wedding day absolutely UNFORGETTABLE! Love you guys! Jose & Steph Castro

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kimberly B

EIW is the ONLY way to go! They made our wedding dreams a reality, everything was perfect! We worked with Kim and Keala for 9 months and I was never stressed! They made me feel relaxed and I knew they had it all under control. They helped with all the vendor decisions and... Read More did all of the coordinating. Each one fit us perfectly! Everyone was so great to work with. The day of the wedding was perfect, we got so many compliments from our guests. Everything ran smoothly and the EIW team managed everything so Lundie and I could just relax and enjoy the evening. I contacted other planners who told me my wedding was "impossible" to do under 45k. Um... that's ridiculous! Kim and Keala made it happen and stayed in our budget (way below 45k)! They have the best, most creative ideas. Book these ladies for your Maui wedding, you will NOT regret it.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Vanessa T

We don’t even know where to begin….Kim, Keala and the rest of the Exclusive Island Weddings crew are just AMAZING! Simply the BEST in the business! We can’t praise them enough! When we got engaged we started planning our wedding by calling vendors, comparing prices, and planning... Read More the many things a wedding needs. We had mixed emotions on whether we should hire a wedding coordinator or not until we found out we were expecting our 2nd child 4 months before the wedding date and from that moment we knew we had to get a coordinator. When I initially spoke to Kim I already knew she was awesome at what she does and in no doubt decided to move forward with her. We are so glad we did! Our wedding turned out way more beautiful than we expected! Within our budget and with absolutely NO STRESS! We couldn’t believe it! They were on top of everything and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night. Ourselves as well as our family and friends we’re amazed at their work, creativity, and skills. We are extremely thankful for them for making our wedding dreams into reality! We HIGHLY recommend Exclusive Island Weddings to anyone planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Allyce L

Wow! I want to say the biggest THANK YOU to Kim and her team! You made mine and Matt's wedding dreams come true and day we will cherish forever! From the beginning to our wedding day was a wonderful experience. Kim and her team paid close attention to all the little special... Read More details to make our venue flawless. Kim and Keala were always punctual on any request. I would highly recommend Kim and her team to anyone who is having a wedding on Maui!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Kisha Lei T

If you are skeptical about hiring a wedding planner (like I was), let me tell you that Kim and her team at Exclusive Island Weddings do not disappoint you and are worth every single penny! They truly make your dreams become a reality and believe it or not, allow you to have a... Read More stress-free wedding day! From the first day I met Kim, I knew that I was making the right decision, hiring a wedding planner. She is very well organized and thorough, and does not miss anything. She is completely there for you 100% of the planning process and has great ideas and is very supportive. I honestly can say that if it weren't for her and her team, I probably would've been crying (not happy) tears and stressing the whole day!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Amber C

To put it simply, Kim and her team are AMAZING! From the very first meeting I knew we were in good hands. She worked with our budget and was straight forward about what would work and what wouldn't. She took my plain idea of a "country/rustic" theme and added to it and the end... Read More results were more then we could have ever dreamed of! From the bird cage flower arrangements hanging in the tree, to the rose curtain backdrop, to the beautiful rose petal design that Keala laid out down the aisle--it was all so beautiful! Thank you Kim, Keala and the rest of the girls for a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Julie and D

Words cannot express how grateful we are for Kim and her staff at Exclusive Island Wedding. Kim and her team did a phenomenal job to make our wedding so special. Thank you so much for being such an awesome wedding planner! You helped us stay organized and on time with every step... Read More of wedding planning! Thank you for being so responsive to our many questions and for all your advice. You've really helped us ease the stress of wedding planning by keeping us on schedule with the handy timelines. You ladies are the best and thank you for making our wedding a dream come true!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kiani S

We could not have pulled off such a wonderful and beautiful wedding without the coordination of Kim and her team. They were on a top of everything from the moment we hired them, always keeping things organized and making detailed notes along the way. I was worried along the way... Read More that I was asking too much, making things too complicated with every new detail and addition that I dictated about the décor and setup. I’m a little bit of a control freak. But all of my anxiety was eased as I looked out at the beautiful setup on that day, everything looking exactly as I had envisioned it. They even did all of my flower arrangements for the reception tables.. what other coordinator offers that service? It saved us a lot of money and a lot of headache and they turned out beautiful. I am so appreciative of all the work that Kim and her team put in to making our wedding what it was. She is an expert at putting on events at Ka Hale Olinda. Before hiring her I was worried about every little thing such as how would I handle the power? How do I design the lighting? After hiring her I was put completely at ease and literally didn’t have to worry about any of those logistics. From setup to breakdown, she had all the vendors in and out quickly and efficiently and she ensured we got our whole security deposit back. Her relationships with certain vendors also gave us lower cost options we didn’t have before hiring her, and all of the décor she provided as part of the package all contributed toward allowing us to have the wedding we dreamed of. Her team even assembled the layers to my wedding cake which I had ordered from a bakery and decorated it with flowers based on a picture I provided. It turned out beautiful. Over three weeks later and our guests are still raving about what a wonderful wedding it was. Thank you Kim and Keala for everything!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Trisha and Chrystal K

Our wedding plans started with Kim almost 3 years and 4 months ago and I must say that this journey with Kim with nothing shy of an amazing one! With that being said, we had years of planning and being that I (Trish) am one indecisive person, we've changed colors, themes,... Read More centerpieces, favors, flowers, food, booze and anything else you can think of... but Kim stuck by our sides to make sure that it was everything and more then we've hoped and dreamed for. Kim was able to sort thru all our changes, figured out our vision and made it a FABULOUS reality! A day that we along with our family and friends will NEVER FORGET! A BEAUTIFUL way to start the rest of over lives together as one! I (Trish) must say that I wish that night never ended and wish I could do it all over again...it was just simply amazing! If we could give any couple advice, it would be to simply do yourself a favor and hire Kim! Let her and her Crew work their magic and save yourself from all the stress and worries so that you can enjoy what should be one of the best days of your life! We certainly did! We will be forever grateful! We love you Kim, Keala & whole EIW Crew! You folks are DA BOMB.com!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Joann G

Kim, Keala and Staff... Hardworking, efficient, dependable, takes care of your problems so you can relax, magic makers, dream catchers...just to name a few. From the start, communicating with them was seamless, very important for any bride to know, that helps a bride to... Read More communicate effectively. All throughout, Everything we wanted and envisioned for our wedding, their team delivered and superseded our high expectations. It's every brides dream to have an unforgettable wedding, but to hear your husband experienced and felt the same is rare and what their team does, they help make your dreams a reality. We couldn't thank kim, keala and staff enough for the unforgettable, loving happiest of memories as now Mr & Mrs Pokipala

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kristin M

We are so thankful for Kim and her team, from the day I first contacted her she was on top of everything and very fast at responding. Having a big family we knew we needed somebody that could help us handle all the details and Kim was perfect for the job. She worked very well... Read More with our budget and if there was something we wanted that was out of our budget she made sure she tried her hardest to find a vendor that could accommodate us. Having our reception at the community center was the only choice we had, but Kim and her team were able to turn that place around. We even had guest saying that our reception felt so fancy that they should’ve dressed up more. Days later and we are still getting compliments about how beautiful everything was from ceremony to the reception and how well planned out everything was, and we owe all of that to Kim and her team! We can honestly say it was the best day of our lives and would recommend Exclusive Island Weddings to everybody!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Anthony P

First off, we want to give a huge shout out and thanks to Kim, Keala and the Exclusive Island Weddings team for creating the wedding of our dreams. When we first started talking about our wedding we really didn’t think about hiring a wedding planner because we both came from big... Read More families, and thought that we would have lots of help. With that being said, there was no way anyone in our families could pull off what they did for us. We are originally from Maui but reside in Las Vegas. Kim made planning a destination wedding stress free, from her monthly meetings and constant emails, communication and organization was top notch! All her recommendations for vendors were all amazing. Kim created this amazing flower wall for our backdrop and on the day of the wedding due to the winds, the venue recommended to take it down. Kim was determined to make it work and literally had her staff hold the wall up until they could get reinforcements! Thanks again for that! If you're searching for a wedding planner stop searching right now and book them!!! From day one whatever we asked for was done. And if it couldn’t be done Kim would figure it out and come back to us with alternatives. The team went above and beyond our expectations. They take pride in what they do and it shows! Exclusive island weddings are doing big things and can’t wait to see what they do in the future!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Ashley K

Our wedding day was beyond amazing, thanks to Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings team. Kim is so easy to work with and made wedding planning so much easier even though we were on two different islands. Not only she is flexible with her clients and addressing their concerns,... Read More but she is so talented and passionate in what she does that made us feel so much more confident in planning our wedding. We love her enthusiasm in helping us create our perfect day! Keala was also helpful in keeping us on track towards the end with great energy. On our wedding day, Kim and her EIW team were so well organized and everything was just perfect. Our guests even commented on how beautifully everything was setup and the program ran so smoothly. We highly recommend Kim and her EIW team. We couldn't have picked a better wedding planner!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Silei T

Our special day was absolutely perfect thanks to Kim and her wonderful team. They felt like friends which eased the wedding pressure. They took care of everything and I got to just relax and enjoy everything going on around me. I didn't have to worry about a thing! I planned... Read More this Maui wedding from Oahu and Kim made the long distance easy. Everything turned out perfect, including the centerpieces they designed! I am so thankful that I got to work with Exclusive Island Weddings. They made my dream wedding come true.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sarah J

Kim and the entire EIW team were amazing and they helped us plan an absolutely perfect wedding day. From the very beginning, Kim was always very responsive to emails and quick to provide vendor suggestions, her opinion, and helped us brainstorm ideas. She was very open to our... Read More ideas and helpful if she thought something wouldn't quite work out the way we wanted it to and was there with a new idea. She was extremely knowledgeable of the Maui wedding industry and the vendors she works with and suggested were great too! She took each of our inspiration photos and turned them into reality. On the day of, I didn't have to worry about anything and was able to fully enjoy and be present for the entire day - getting ready, the ceremony, and our reception with family and friends. Many of our guests came up to us afterwards and said it was such a fun event and they hadn't seen too many weddings go as smoothly as ours did- a testament to Kim and her entire team's hard work. We could not be happier with our decision to hire EIW and would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Alea D

We can't be any happier with Exclusive Island Weddings. Kim was the perfect person to work with in planning our special day. From the first day we met and til the very end, we were pleased and amazed on how awesome Kim is. She and along with her team was nothing but pure... Read More greatness on the days leading to our special day. They worked very hard the week of our wedding and on our wedding day, they made sure we were all okay. We were able to enjoy our special day, free of any worries. Our families loved her and she was able to work with anyone and everyone, especially working with my uncle. Thank you Kim and Exclusive Island Weddings for making our special day a memorable one and a day we want to relive over and over. I would highly recommend her to every couple planning to have an amazing and memorable day.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 ANGELICA D

My husband and I moved to Washington from Hawaii and we both wanted our wedding to be back home so all of our family and friends can celebrate with us. Planning a wedding thousands of miles away was stressful enough, but we also had to make sure we could accommodate the amount... Read More of guests we wanted. Kim was highly recommended by some of our friends and family to help us plan our wedding and hiring her was definitely a great decision! Every bride dreams of the most extravagant wedding and Kim made sure to come up with a plan to make any of our ideas come to a reality while staying strictly within our budget. During the wedding, her staff was very attentive, not just to my husband and I, but also to our wedding party. Despite the rain, we all had a great time and that’s because of Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings staff.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelli N

Kim did an awesome job with coordinating our wedding and everything turned out beautiful! She is talented, patient, and will try her best to address your concerns. Definitely recommend her to future brides!

Kim Yonamine

Kim Yonamine, founder of Exclusive Island Weddings, is one of Maui’s most creative and innovative up- and coming event planners. She has been blessed to have the opportunity to be born and raised on the beautiful island of Maui. Growing up in the islands she always had a niche for designing, organizing, and facilitating events. Which is what lead her to open Exclusive Island Weddings.