Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Bow2008 09

939 Park St N, Saint Petersburg, FL (727) 344-0304

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Lynzie S

Expert Productions was VERY easy to work with! I was very anxious calling vendors because we were doing a destination wedding and they made the whole process extremely easy! Our DJ was Josh and he did an awesome job playing to the crowd and getting everyone up and moving!!! We... Read More never wanted our party to stop!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Aleeya K

After Expert claimed that all of their DJ's were very knowledgeable with Indian, Soca, Chutney and Spanish music. We personally requested Joe as our DJ, nearly a year ago when we booked Expert. We came to find out that they had no idea what Soca, Chutney and Indian music is. Joe... Read More asked me to be very detailed when filling out our request page. 2 days before our wedding we were told that our DJ will be Thomas. We submitted our request page via Expert website according to what we have discussed with Joe over the last year. Thomas did not understand anything that was on the page, even though it was very thoroughly detailed. He had not read through anything as was asking us questions that was all already answered on our request page. The Friday before our wedding Thomas clarified lots of the music with us and claimed to know all of the music requested and was very excited for our event. Which gave my husband and I very high hopes. The setup and the uplighting were both done very beautifully. The music was all VERY WRONG AND VERY UPSETTING. When our flower girls and ring bearer walked in for the ceremony, the music kept stopping. When my husband and I made our exit from the ceremony, the music kept stopping. I have no idea what was even played during the cocktail hour since we were busy taking pictures. The entrance music for our wedding party was played so low that we could BARELY hear it when walking in. My first dance with my husband was stopped in the middle of the song and a completely different song came on. Maybe about 10% of the songs I actually requested was played for our wedding reception. Sadly, we heard many negative comments from our guests. Unfortunately, my husband and I were very disappointed with our experience and will not recommend in the future.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Karen C

We had a great experience with Expert. It was so easy to use their website to request our favorite songs for the night and to provide all the needed info. My family (bride) wanted to use the photo booth at the end of the night because we had been so busy until then. When we went... Read More over they were just about done wrapping up for the night. As we walked away they came and got us and opened it back up just for us. We LOVED our DJ too and the steel drums. Thank you Expert!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jenny W

Expert Productions did my officiate, 5 hr photography, 1 hr videography, live steel drums for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and DJ for my wedding at the Grand Plaza in St. Pete Beach. The DJ was timely, full of energy, and played the right songs at the right time. The... Read More photographer was awesome! She had amazing ideas for poses and included all the poses I wanted. She took the most gorgeous sunset pictures I've ever experienced. The officiate was very friendly, and took the time to get to know us to make our ceremony personable and meaningful. I would highly recommend Expert Productions!!! It was also very convenient having all the venders through the same company. I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Jessica S

Expert Productions made the whole process of entertaining guests flawless! From the first communication I had with the office to the last dance at the end of the night, this company nailed it! They are extremely easy to work with, they have a super user friendly portal where you... Read More enter in EVERYTHING about your entertainment needs so nothing gets missed. Josh was our DJ - he kept the party going all night. I seriously don't think there was a moment where our guests weren't dancing. We could have used two more hours! We also had Joe as our steel drummer which was a beautiful & awesome touch. Overall so pleased with this company. You won't go wrong if you go with this team of professionals!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Roxana R

I specifically requested for Joe for our wedding at the Grand Plaza. I happened to see him DJ for my sister-in-law's wedding back in June and I thought he was absolutely great! Joe does not disappoint! He kept the party going and dance floor moving even though we had a morning... Read More wedding! We had so much! I would highly recommend Expert Productions to anyone getting married in the area. Cherish, the director of sales is who I was in constant communication with. She was just as equally as amazing, helpful and friendly! She responded to emails within an hour or less, and kept checking up on me and the wedding planning. Love love love this company!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Ashley B

Expert productions is by far the best DJ/videographer/photobooth in the area! We are so happy how everything turned out and were so lucky to have Expert Productions help make our dream wedding come true! We had Joe on DJ and steel drum and he did a phenomenal job! Pam was our... Read More videographer and she was amazing!!!! We could not have asked for a better group to help keep our party going!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017

Real experts, friendly staff and great professionals. Our Dj Thomas was super fun to work with and pleased us and our guests all night. Tina, our photographer was very friendly and her professional shots came out beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Bora B

Joe was an AMAZING DJ! He was extremely easy to work with and he really listened to what we wanted. We wanted our wedding to be a real party with non-stop dancing and Joe made that happen. He played our requests and added his special mix. Joe - thank you for making our wedding... Read More so amazing!!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Karen C

Joe came highly recommended and I know why. He played the steel drums during the beach ceremony, had Caribbean music flowing during the cocktail reception then did an amazing job keeping everything running smoothly at the dinner reception and had the dance floor packed all... Read More night. Worth every penny! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Dawn D

We used Expert Productions for DJ, videography and Photo Booth services at our wedding in December 2016. They did a sensational job for us. We were extremely pleased with all of their services. They were professional, flexible and reliable and we had nothing to worry about at... Read More all with them. At the reception, Joe's DJ skills were top notch and we had all a great time celebrating around the dance floor to his selected tunes. Highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Crystal S

Expert Productions was awesome to work with! We used them as our DJ, officiate and videographer for our wedding. The steel drums on the beach for the ceremony and cocktail hour was absolutely AMAZING!!! The DJ knew how to keep the party going, every one danced that night, even... Read More the grandparents! He kept the evening on track and was on cue at all the right times. (Even a surprise dance we asked him to throw in the mix at the spur of the moment, we asked him to pick the song. He handled it fast and no one noticed it was a last minute change up.) The officiate had a great personality and made the ceremony very personable and entertaining. He was very helpful throughout the rehearsal and ceremony. He was very fast in getting a copy of the marriage license to us prior to leaving for the honeymoon. I'm still waiting on the video but I'm sure she captured all of the important parts and good times. I remember seeing her move around the room getting all of the details people dancing. I highly recommend this company to anyone! It is important to them to make sure your big day is extra special. They are organized, on time, professional, friendly and just all around amazing! Thank you again Expert Productions! :)

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Mandy W

I recently got married and Jon from expert productions was our DJ. I heard nothing but good things about him, but when it came to my wedding day, he completely dropped the ball. He did not listen to my direction at all. He did not put a microphone on the officiant, so no one... Read More was able to hear our ceremony. He messed up our grand introductions. He announced the cake cutting WHEN I WAS IN THE BATHROOM. He played the wrong songs for my bouquet toss and garter toss, and he wasn't able to keep the party going- I had people leaving at 930! Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Jacob S

My husband and I used Expert Productions for our steel drum ceremony and cocktail hour and our DJ for our reception in May and we couldn't be happier with them! Our cerenony and cocktail hour were absolutely beautiful and unique with the live steel drums! Our guests loved it!... Read More The DJ at our reception was also nothing short of awesome! He definitely kept the night going with his music and karaoke! We definitely recommend using Expert Productions as your Steel Drummer/DJ! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Christina W

Expert productions were amazing for my wedding at the grand plaza. For planning a wedding from Oregon they were great and responded back very quickly. I would 100% recommend them. Thank you expert for making my wedding awesome.

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Teamy X

Our experience with Expert Productions was fantastic. Sara was excellent in keeping constant communication with us during the planning process and was always on top of getting all of our needs met. We hired Cherish as our officiant and she was AMAZING! We couldn't have asked for... Read More a better person to marry us. She was so sweet and easy to communicate with considering our wedding was a destination wedding. Cherish personalized our ceremony perfectly to us and our friends and family even commented on how great she was. We also did the Photo Booth flip book through Expert and it was definitely a lot of fun. Our guests were not expecting it and had so much fun taking the little flip books home. The attendants got the flip books done right away for our guests and did a great job managing everything smoothly the entire night. We also went through Expert for our DJ. He did a great job during the ceremony and our guests had a good time with the music selection he had. Our only downfall was communication with him directly wasn't the best. We were told he would reach out to us the week of the wedding and didn't hear back from him by tuesday so we called Sara to have him reach out to us. By the time we talked to him it was Thursday and our wedding was Friday, the following day. Everything we wanted and requested was communicated to him during our rehearsal dinner and the day of the wedding. This was slightly frustrating for us to have to deal with it the day of the wedding, but everything ended up working out for the most part. For this, we gave them 4 stars instead of 5. But aside from this, I would encourage any of you brides to really consider Expert Productions for your wedding. The entire team is truly amazing and so helpful and we appreciate everything they did for us to make our day the best day ever! Thanks Expert!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 ashley r

Expert Productions, the name says it all! We hired these guys for our beach wedding, and couldn’t have made a better choice. The steel drums during the reception and cocktail hour were awesome! Joe was great, very friendly and personable, professional musical skills superb,... Read More and kept the party going all night from the DJ booth! Professional massages were required for all guests the day after from “cutting the rug” all night LOL. From the initial booking through the day of the wedding, their staff was extremely courteous and immediately responded to any questions/concerns. Their expertise led to a flawless night that NO ONE will ever forget! We would highly recommend these guys to anyone whom wishes to have a once in a lifetime wedding experience. Matt and Ashley Wallace Grand Plaza Beach Wedding 4/2016

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Kathryn L

Great pricing. On time. Follow the order and requests exactly... You make all song selections on an online time sheet along with songs you want played at the reception and/or ceremony. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Stephanie C

We used Expert for our ceremony videography, ceremony music, reception music, and reception uplighting. The uplighting and ceremony music were perfect. I haven't received the video yet so I'm not sure how it will come out, but one thing that was difficult was that the... Read More videographers never introduced themselves to me the day of the wedding, so I had no idea who they were when they were trying to coordinate things with me during a very confusing part after the ceremony was over. As for the DJ, we were pretty disappointed. We were extremely specific as to the types of music we wanted played at the wedding. Specifically we told him we wanted no gangster rap and to stick with certain genres. Toward the end of the night, he was playing pretty horrible music based on the requests of some of our guests, and we were not happy. We hated that kind of music and were upset that he completely went against our request. The rest of the night and songs were fine.

Joe Lorenzo at Expert Productions

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Ashley T

I recently got married at the Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort on St. Pete Beach, FL and Joe Lorenzo, owner of Expert Productions, was the DJ we had the privilege of working with for our ceremony and reception. Joe was nothing short of outstanding -- he was very professional and... Read More prompt to reply during the planning phase, as was his team at the office (especially Cherish!). He went above and beyond by creating me a custom mix to play as a surprise for my husband during our ceremony, right before my dad walked me down the aisle. Joe kept the crowd going on the dance floor throughout the entire night, and was very accommodating to our guests' special requests. He also worked very well alongside our photographer, Neil Shannon, to coordinate music with photography moments like cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, and more. Expert also did beautiful up lighting for us in the Presidential Ballroom at the Grand Plaza which made the reception look fantastic. For all brides that are super detail-oriented like myself, Expert's website has a great feature called the "client center" where you can go in and input all of the information regarding music for the ceremony and reception. You can work on this at any time, and it saves your information in their system! Expert Productions is definitely worth their price tag. Thank you to Joe and the rest of the crew at Expert for making our special day so memorable!

DJ services

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

I hesitated to write a review. I instead wrote directly to EXPERT WEDDING PRODUCTIONS and HAVE YET TO HEAR BACK FROM THEM !! I had some friends prompting me to write a review so no one would be disappointed as we were. I would not recommend Expert Wedding Productions at all.... Read More We were not happy with our overall experience with the company. Sara provided me a quote and assured me we would have a great experience. We did not at all. I was quoted music DJ and karaoke services. After meeting Esteban he said he didn't have the equipment. Then when I inquired with the office it was implied they would to rig something up. We choose not to have the karaoke and therefore the price should have been reduced. I inquired about the reduction in price I did not receive any reply. I met our assigned DJ Esteban he seemed like a very nice man but quiet. Again I was told he was a great DJ and could read the crowd. Another big disappointment. We had to tell him throughout the night when to change the music. The people attending our wedding did not want to dance as much as we anticipated. There were a few. Esteban was quiet did nothing to even get the crowd up. It was difficult to hear the music - he showed up with two speakers and they were both in the corner where the DJ was. We feel the music makes the wedding fun. Our DJ had no personality. He did nothing to improve the sound of the music in the room. Over all we would not recommend you company and was not happy with the services. I would not recommend Expert Productions - I cannot stress this enough. After my wedding they requested I write a review - I replied to their email stating I did not think this was a good idea and outlined why I was not happy with their services. I did not receive a reply or a call nothing.. I was prompted by friends to write a review- when I did then I received an email that they were sorry to hear we were unhappy with their services and I have been told the Joe has tried to reach me.. Ive still yet to hear from him he has my correct telephone number email and address .. You will be told one thing and receive another I cannot stress my dissatisfaction with this company.

Tropical Steel Drums

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

We contracted Expert productions to play at our housewarming party this Summer; it was a tropical themed party and requested a steel drum player to perform. The musician who attended our party was punctual, courteous and professional. He was skilled in his profession and even... Read More sought me out half way through the party to see if things were to my liking and if the volume of the music was acceptable. The ease of the booking cannot be ignored either! Sarah was very easy to work with, organized and super professional! I would highly recommend Expert productions for any of your event needs: I will certainly use them again!

Awesome DJ and lighting services

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Mandi L

We constantly bugged them for 6 months up until the wedding and they were extremely helpful! Very reasonably priced and fun to work with!

Great Service

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Marissa

Expert was so great to work with. We used them for our ceremony and cocktail service with the steel drums. People are still talking about that. And we used the DJ service for the reception. The DJ made sure the dance floor was filled the entire night! I loved working with... Read More Expert.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Tiffany P

Thank you so much for providing your outstanding DJ services for my daughter's wedding on June 12, 2015 at the Sirata Beach Resort. Everyone commented on how fantastic you were. The guest could have dance all night. I can not tell you how grateful I am to have you as our DJ.... Read More Again thank you for a wonderful job!