Light exposes the film, we expose the heart.

Just like every picture is a unique moment in time, we know that every love is unique. This is why our pictures reflect real emotions. It's not just about the people in front of our camera, it's about the relationship, your relationship. We see right to the heart of it, and well, expose the heart.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

San Antonio, TX (210) 549-7427

Best Photographers in San Antonio!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

David and Irene bring more than their cameras to your wedding. They bring their hearts and passion too! They did a fantastic job getting to know me and my family which helped to ensure that they got the shots that were most important to us. They were very professional and... Read More reliable. The quality of their photos were excellent and the investment was competitive with the other photographers we interviewed. Since our wedding we have had maternity, family and other personal photo shoots with them. They will continue to be our go-to photographers for life's most precious moments.

Our family started with Expose the Heart...

Reviewed on 2/21/2014 Alexandria P

Expose the Heart has been with our family from the beginning. They have taken our engagement photos, wedding photos, bridal, new born photos, and Christmas pictures. We love working with Irene and David. They are great at making poses look natural. They are very patient even... Read More with picky clients like myself.

Amazing pictures!

Reviewed on 2/17/2014 Cristina s

As soon as I met David and Irene Castillo from Expose the Heart I knew they would be able to capture the vision I had for our engagement photos. They helped us find the perfect location to take the pictures and made the session VERY enjoyable. We have a perfect blend of... Read More classic and modern wedding photos. Our wedding photos are beautiful and we love sharing our pictures with our family and friends.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Kimberly A

For us finding a photographer was the hardest vendor to choose. When we met David and Irene at the Wedding Extravaganza we instantly felt at ease with them. Their personalities meshed well with our and we loved the photos that they had with them. We are so glad we chose... Read More Expose the Heart! Every step of the way Irene has been so helpful and considerate. Neither one of us likes photos of ourselves but every photo that Irene, David, and Victor have taken between our engagement session and our wedding day have been nothing short of amazing. They are able to capture the essence of each and every person. The candid shots are fantastic and the posed shots don’t even feel posed at all. They really work to get to know and understand their clients and have such an eye for photography. Everyone who has seen our wedding gallery has nothing but high praise for our photographers. We love Expose the Heart.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Violet T

Irene and David were great. Not so good with writing these reviews, but I had to be sure to write one for them because I really am glad I chose them for our photographers. I am not good at taking photos and am that one person who never looks good in photos. I love all my photos... Read More David and Irene caught us when we were our most natural and I never felt like I was being posed. Both were funny and made the photo taking feel like hanging out and not so much like rushing through photos or a list. (I've been and stood in weddings like that) I can't say enough you need to hire them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah M

Victor and David really captured our wedding as we had hoped. I have to admit I was worried that I wasn't going to have a female at my wedding and as soon as Victor and David arrived they made me feel completely at ease. They were professional and made us all feel very... Read More comfortable. Best day of my life and I wouldn't change any of my vendors!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessica G

David and Irene were amazing to work with. They kept everything in line and really went above and beyond the day of. Irene played more than one roll in our day as she helped bustle my gown and kinda keep things moving. We are so glad we chose them. The albums were beautiful and... Read More we love love love our canvas collections.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lori F

I have to say that my experience with Expose the Heart was top notch. Victor took such beautiful pictures of my husband and I. He was funny and very friendly. He made us feel very comfortable in front of his camera. He even helped us organize everyone for our sparkler exit. I... Read More would definitely book them again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dana F

Planning a destination wedding can be nerve wracking. I was planning our wedding in San Antonio from New York. Irene was able to help guide me to trusted vendors to help make our day wonderful. I cannot thank her enough. On top of all that, the pictures she took were just... Read More stunning!! Expose the Heart is totally worth double their price.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jasmine

Irene and David were amazing words cannot express how crucial they were to making our day a success. They will be our families forever photographers. Thanks you for capturing our wedding you two went above and beyond!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sonia H

Words cannot describe how satisfied we are with Expose The Heart Photography. Our wedding pictures are everything we hoped for and more. My husband who has always hated taking pictures is now asking when our next photoshoot will be. We have nothing but good things to say about... Read More Irene and David. Stop reading this and just book them. You can thank me later.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julia B

When searching for a wedding photographer, I went through everyone I could find in San Antonio and I kept coming back to Expose The Heart. Their work is just leaps above what others have to offer. My husband and I were spending a lot on our wedding and had to make sure that we... Read More hired the right photographers to document it all. Well here we are months after our wedding and we are soooo glad we booked Expose There Heart. Irene and David are not just great photographers, but are great people too. You will be glad you booked them too.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 April V

Where do I begin. From the very beginning we knew these were the photographers for us. They are a pleasure to work with and have exceeded our expectation over and over again. Since we are new to San Antonio, we needed help finding great locations for our engagement and my... Read More bridal. Irene seemed to know every hidden gem San Antonio has to offer. Both David and Irene made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. It was like reconnecting with long lost friends. You will not be disappointed if you book them. We will be using them for other life events as well.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Virginia S

Irene and David were just amazing! Not only are they wedding photographer, but they are also super heroes. We received pictures from them of our wedding and engagement that took our breath away. You can not go wrong hiring Expose The Heart. I can't recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Eric H

To sum our experience up in three words.... everything was perfect! The quality of pictures, the experience, and just the personality of our photographer (Irene) was just awesome! Everything went so smooth and turned out way better than I could have imagined! I would definitely... Read More recommend Expose the Heart to anyone who asks!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

My husband and I got married at the courthouse with just the two of us. Because of this we really wanted a great photographer to capture the moment for us to remember and to share with all our friends and family. It was so difficult to find a reasonable photographer who was... Read More experienced with weddings and willing to do a short session as well as let us also purchase the files. Irene from Expose the Heart was great! We were able to get everything we wanted for such a reasonable price and the quality is amazing.

More than I could have asked for!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Stephanie V

Irene and David are incredible! They were a joy to work with and made the whole process a dream. They were consistently communicating with us about the different photo shoots and day of. They really made us feel like they genuinely cared about our big day and wanted to make it... Read More as beautiful as possible. Their laid back demeanor made them feel like fast friends. We were incredibly pleased with our engagement shoot and absolutely loved the photos from our big day. They made sure to get every image we wanted as well as candid images that took our breath away. Words cannot express how invaluable they are to us and I cannot wait to work with them again in the future. We are definitely customers for life!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

I have so enjoyed the energy and skill brought by Expose the Heart that I've asked them to photograph my wedding, our first baby photos and extended family photos. At our wedding, I felt their authentic enthusiasm. It was obviously a stressful day, but they only provided... Read More positive energy. They captured different angles of the most important moment, the KISS! And all family photos came out wonderfully which is a challenge! After the event, they let me take part in choosing which photos would end up in our book, but also provided thoughtful feedback. I would not have chosen anyone else.

EXPOSE THE HEART IS BY FAR THE BEST!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015

I just wanted to make my wife happy for the engagement photos and bridals. Well I am a photographer myself and my wife told every single person in the world to use this company after getting back her bridals and engagements. I mean they were stunning. My wife could of been on... Read More the cover of any magazine out there with these pictures. I have referred them like 5 times and all of those people loved them also. Make sure you use this company...you WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessica F

Irene and her husband was the best photographer we could have hoped for! They both work together to catch the perfect light and/or the perfect moment. Irene listens to your image in your head and makes it come alive! I look forward to capturing future moments!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jackee O

Absolutely amazing! Irene and David where amazing! We met up a few times before the wedding, to discuss what I wanted and to get to know each other. They where very professional and felt like juat another guest at our wedding. They even handled my family very well, my mom wanted... Read More a picture with all of her brothers and sisters and theire kids. It was like hurding kittens but David did great! We got the shot and the pictures came out perfect. We where so happy when we got our pictures everything was there from our special day. We will be able to go back and remember it forever. I will continue to recomend Expose the Heart and use them for my future memories!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jackee O

Amazing job

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I was my sisters maid of honor and helped her choose them at the bridal extravaganza and they did an amazing job not only on her weddings photos but maternity photos as well! Highly recommend !!

Gorgeous photos!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Bianca G

Choosing Expose the Heart was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Our engagement, bridal and wedding day photos were stunning. Irene and David make you feel so comfortable while on your shoot and it definitely shows in your pictures. We know we will be using... Read More Expose the heart for all of our family photography in the future!

Expose the Heart

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Irene and David of Expose the Heart are a great team. They couldn't have made it easier for the wedding party / guests to make beautiful pictures. They kept us on schedule without stress or pressure. Their prompting and directions were easy to understand and follow. I believe... Read More their experience and creativity made for really awesome pictures. My Wife and I couldn't have been happier.