Book Your Wedding with Fairview Farm Events

A BARN IN POWHATAN, VA

Fairview Farm Events is a family-owned farm in the heart of Powhatan, Virginia. It is located west of Midlothian and aptly named after Virginia’s rolling farmlands. The venue offers breathtaking views of the of the mountain ranges of Lynchburg and is made even more magical by the stunning Virginia sunsets.

The 115-acre property features a large pond with a fountain, a rustic wooden gazebo and a large dock. The old-fashioned swing on one of the oldest and largest poplar trees in the county is a favorite spot for taking photos as well as the vintage barns, fire pits, pergolas and the garden. Before it was converted into a full-service wedding venue, the property served as a dairy farm for over 60 years and even up to this day.

Couples may choose any of the outdoor venues all over the property as their wedding ceremony site. Wedding receptions are held at the vintage barn, which is a two-story facility with centralized heating and air conditioning. It is tastefully decorated with a three-foot crystal chandelier and bistro lighting as well as rustic tables, chairs and benches. The barn is equipped with modern facilities, such as a full prep kitchen, ADA-compliant restrooms, Bose sound system and a 70-inch television. The space easily accommodates up to 150 guests while the upper loft and the side porches can each add extra seating for up to 40 guests. Outside the barn are stamped concrete porches and walkways, pergolas, gazebos and fire pits. Adjacent to the barn is the 40-by-60-foot pavilion that is mostly used for ceremonies and cocktail hours.

Fairview Farm Events offers all-inclusive wedding packages that include the use of all the facilities. This includes the game room, which is also dubbed as the Man Room—a 1,200-square-foot building that works as the groom’s room. It is equipped with a pool table, foosball and a television that the groom and his men may have access to up until midnight. The bridal suite features a master bath equipped with mirrors and a large Jacuzzi.

Other wedding needs are also included in the package, such as catering and beverage service, entertainment with either a DJ or a band and a wedding coordinator. Because the venue is already beautifully decorated, couples are able to save in expensive decorations and tent rentals. The packages are also customizable, so if you want to provide your own catering service or other services, the venue deducts a certain amount from the package cost.

Couples who book an all-weekend event at Fairview Farm Events may rent the Blanton Cottage. It is a new lodging space overlooking the pond where family and friends can fish and gather for a morning or afternoon get-together.

Fairview Farm Events provides an array of props that couples and their guests can use for their photos. This includes:

• A fully-restored red Ford pickup truck
  • Tractors
  • Rolls of hay

Fairview Farm Events also has a backup generator in case of inclement weather or a power outage and provides shuttle services on the grounds for guests.

All Inclusive Weekend Venue Starting at $17,950!

Fairview Farm Estate in central VA offers many rustic chic options and couples love that the all-inclusive weekend destination cost much less than a rushed one day experience. The new Premiere Package includes accommodations for 38 for 2018 (more to come). Elegant catering is included with amazing caterer choices. The venue also includes a professionally furnished and decorated relaxing ADA barn, pavilion and game room building and much more. Couples love that so much is included with every package as well as a month of planner, several entertainment DJs and a variety band option is included, multiple ceremony sites, backup generators as well as popular Sunday and weekday options! Couples love that so much is included and say pictures don't do the estate venue justice!

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Estate, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

1660 Ballsville Road, Powhatan, VA (804) 492-4972

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Felina T

I cannot express how absolutely flawless my wedding day was at Fairview farm. The owners were very accommodating, flexible, organized, prompt and easy to contact with any questions or concerns with swift responses and helpful solutions. The way they provide a wedding coordinator... Read More in the package makes ALL the difference. (Angela from XOXO is such a sweetheart, but a decisive boss lady who takes care of business). I literally had ZERO stress. The usual wedding concerns were none of mine. A Plan B for weather? They have options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies, so no need to worry about the weather. Decor? Forget spending an arm and a leg on crafts store wedding decor that you'll never be able to reuse, as the entire venue, in the barn and outside it, are Pinterest-chic; designed in a rustic, antique style from floor to ceiling. Food? Instead of hunting down every catering company, they have a list of preferred caterers to choose from, all of which are reasonable. (But IK Catering is honestly the best, ladies). We had brunch food and my goodness, it was perfect. Every tour and visit went swimmingly. They didn't rush us, and let us explore and ask questions. Deborah regularly checked in via email on my personal booking progress to make sure everything was going okay. (Keep in mind if you don't book from a vendor on their preferred list, you have to buy 1 day liability insurance for that DJ, photographer, etc. if they don't already have it. It's like $125 or so, which isn't a huge deal). Overall, everything was perfect. Everyone had a blast. This was honestly the first and the last venue we looked at; we were sold immediately by its charm. I'm not being bias when I say it was the best wedding ever thanks to Fairview Farms!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Erin M

Our wedding at Fairview Farm events was an absolutely amazing, unforgettable experience. The venue, inside and out, is absolutely beautiful. From the barn to the guest house to the cottage, everything was perfect. Debbie and Blanton have worked very hard to make sure this can be... Read More an all-inclusive venue, while still offering a lot of flexibility to personalize your wedding. Almost all of our guests have told me how perfect the venue was, and how nice the staff were. Debbie and Blanton couldn't have been more kind hosts, and the list of vendors they recommend are absolutely wonderful. There is so much included in the package at Fairview that was not offered at other locations. We really couldn't have asked for a better experience, and will continue to recommend this venue to all of our friends and family.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Caitlin P

Fairview Farm was my number 1 pick when we were looking at venues. From the moment we stepped on the property Debbie and Blanton made us feel like we were at home. They were extremely patient, encouraging and helpful throughout the process of planning and on our wedding day.... Read More When we first toured an booked they were doing several construction projects and we got to see the beginnings of what would become the barn loft apartment, the Blanton cottage and the renovated "mancave". We used all three properties on our wedding day and all of our friends and family went crazy over them. Everything was gorgeous and convenient for our party. Debbie also provided me with a great list of preferred vendors which made planning from NH a breeze! We booked the Route 64 band, IK Catering, XOXO Weddings & Events, and LOL photobooth. All great vendors! Debbie and Blanton did a great job of helping us with all the logistics and also last minute ceremony changes due to rain on our wedding day. We also love their "prop/pinterest" closet that allowed us to borrow chalkboards, table numbers, frames and more. This saved us a ton on things we would likely never use again! Overall, I can't say enough positive things about this venue and the people who run it. We had an awesome experience and are so grateful for everything they did to make this process easy and fun. I would highly recommend them for any bride looking for a "package" that makes planning less of a headache and loves a rustic/chic setting! Go to Fairview!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

We had our wedding July 1! We loved it! It is a beautiful place to stay and our family loved and appreciated that they could stay on site from Friday to Sunday morning. The owners are easy to get a long with and respect your privacy for the wedding. If there are any problems... Read More during your stay, they are very quick to fix the issue. Would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Julie B

Fairview Farm is a wonderful place to get married! When my husband and I were searching for a venue, this one stood out in so many ways. Everything is absolutely beautiful, and Debora and Blanton make the whole wedding planning process so easy and stress-free. They have a great... Read More list of preferred vendors, and we loved that they include so much in terms of decorations, props, etc. It rained the morning of our wedding, so we were also thankful to have a built-in/covered back-up location for our ceremony, just in case. Our guests loved the barn, the scenery, and all of the fun spots to take photos, too. We truly couldn’t be happier with our experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 BRITTANY B

If you're looking for a wedding venue that offers you a fairytale-style wedding, then look no further than Fairview Farm. I got married in May of 2017 at Fairview Farm, and it was more magical than I could have ever imagined. I had high expectations from the start, but Debbie... Read More and Blanton truly blew us away. Their team of preferred vendors, the benefits of their package, the care and attentiveness to their brides, and the breath-taking landscapes are all reasons to host your special day at Fairview Farm. I truly can't say enough wonderful things about our experience. Having friends and family/bridal party stay on the property all weekend was a blessing I cannot rave enough about - the whole weekend and day went by so fast, but I have so many memories from first getting there on Friday, seeing our bridal party arrive and "oooh" and "ahhh" as they walked the property was absolutely priceless.

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Kelsey P

This venue was everything my husband and I could have ever dreamed of. From the moment we stepped onto the property for our initial tour, we were in love. Debora and Blanton were so helpful every step of the way and really went above and beyond to ensure that our day was... Read More stress-free; it was rainy on our wedding day and Blanton was so awesome in ensuring our pavilion ceremony was perfect, down to the smallest details. The property itself is breathtaking and the barn is absolutely jaw dropping. All of our guests gave rave reviews for the decorations inside the barn and out, the rustic elegance is exactly what we were looking for. Fairview Farm Events is the perfect location for a wedding and the owners and their preferred vendors allow for a stress-free event. It was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Diane K

Fairview is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Because we had family and friends coming in from all over the country, being able to have lodging for so many guests at the venue was a big priority for us. Debora and Blanton have done a wonderful job of creating a very... Read More professional wedding venue with all the decor, accessories, and details you would want for a rustic barn wedding while still maintaining the feeling of a bed and breakfast atmosphere where you feel like you get to know the couple whose home you are staying at. Our guests loved the venue, we loved the venue, and we would make the same decision again to get married at Fairview!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Shelby B

I cannot believe how perfect our wedding day was! The grounds are beautiful and all of the add on made the day go so smooth. We used a lot of their preferred vendors and it worked out perfectly. Debbie was so kind and easy to work with. Our family and friends were amazed with... Read More the beauty of this place, especially those that stayed the weekend with us. And the game room was a huge hit for our rehearsal dinner and after party. The price is a little steep, but I can tell you, its worth every penny!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I had our wedding at this venue this past weekend, and It was nothing short of a fairytale. This venue provides a rustic yet elegant environment that is beyond breathtaking. We cannot say enough wonderful things about not only the venue, but also the staff. Our... Read More entire experience with Fairview has been truly amazing, and we could not have imagined a more beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Lindsey D

Debbie and Blanton have been amazing to work with. I just booked my wedding for October 2017 and the process has already been stress-free. Fairview includes just about everything you could ask for in a venue - and Debbie and Blanton are so great about providing recommendations... Read More and their expertise in wedding planning. We can't wait for our wedding at this beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Trish M

Debbie was fantastic and the farm is absolutely beautiful!!! She was prompt and very helpful and worked with us from day one. Being able to have every part of our weekend there was also very helpful. We truly enjoyed our weekend and are so happy we chose to spend it with... Read More Fairview

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Mary Jo T

Fairview Farm was an excellent wedding venue for my daughter's wedding in March. We loved the amenities in the barn (heat & AC) as well as the convenience of staying at the residence on the property. Blanton was wonderful in facilitating our set up and providing us with... Read More guidance. Thank you for a wonderful venue !

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Marybeth O

My daughter had the wedding of her dreams at Fairview Farm Events located in Powhatan, VA. Fairview Farm is a beautiful rustic farm that offers so many options for weddings. Debbie and Blanton (the owners) were very welcoming and helpful throughout the process of planning, as... Read More well as the weekend of the wedding. The barn is beautifully decorated for each season and has a storage room full of props available for use (chalk boards, easels, lanterns, ball jars, etc.). They also have many vintage farm props such as a tractor, old truck, silo's and barns that make for beautiful photo opts. We loved that the wedding party (and my husband and I) could all stay together at the farm, creating a fun and relaxing weekend that we all will forever remember. It makes it so special that the rehearsal dinner, as well as the wedding, can all be held at the same place! I can't say enough about how happy we were with Fairview Farm!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Meagan A

My husband and I had our wedding at Fairview Farm on Sunday, July 17th, 2016. Fairview far surpassed our expectations, and there are no words great enough to describe the wedding we had! Everything was honestly perfect that day, and it was all thanks to the Farm and their... Read More staff! We received outstanding service from the owners, Debbie and her husband Blanton, as well as the vendors on their preferred vendor list. We had a wonderful experience working with them in the months leading up to the wedding, creating a truly stress-free day! We didn't have to worry about a single detail, as they had it all taken care of. Their attention and commitment to us being happy made us feel like we were the only wedding they were planning! Having our wedding there was the best possible decision we could have made for our special day! My husband and I were set on an outdoor wedding, but we were worried about rain. Other wedding venues we looked at had, to put it quite plainly, appalling options in case it poured. Fairview, however, not only had a beautiful Plan B, but also a Plan C! We were also concerned with the heat, since the wedding was taking place mid-July in central Virginia, but Fairview had just recently added insulated air-conditioning to their barn this past winter. (And speaking of winter, if you want to get married in the colder months, they got you covered as well; the barn also has heat!) Because of the air-conditioning our guests could comfortably dance the night away, and for weeks after would go on and on regarding what a fun time they had at Fairview. We also received more compliments than we could count, on the gorgeous venue. The farm had a breathtaking view that night of the sunset and (full!) moon! Can't say enough amazing things about this venue! (I would give it more stars if I could!) We knew as soon as we stepped foot on the property this was the place for us, and I'm sure you and your significant other will as well. We'd recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Caitlin M

Fairview Farms is by far the perfect venue to get married! When my now husband and I first started planning our wedding, we had every intention of going destination! Until we found Fairview. It's like a private getaway in the country, with everything you could ask for! Deborah... Read More and Blanton are so accommodating and helpful as well! We were the first wedding to use their band (Route 64), and they are fabulous! I highly recommend Fairview to anyone with an upcoming wedding!! It is a gorgeous venue and has everything you could ask for in one place!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Pamela C

WOW! Called Debora on a Friday with a short fused wedding request and in less than 24 hours she had already contacted the required vendors and has sent us email updates along the way. I can't wait to attend the wedding as I know it's going to be beautiful! Thank you Debora... Read More for everything you have done to put this together so quickly.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Mary Todd C

Fairview Farm was the perfect location for our wedding! The property is absolutely beautiful and Debbie and Blanton were to helpful leading up to the big day. We had our ceremony under the new gazebo which provided shade for our wedding party as well as many of our guests. The... Read More barn was so lovely and was a great space for us to hold our reception and to mingle with our guests. I would certainly recommend Fairview Farm if you are considering a beautifully rustic theme.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Kendall M

Fairview Farms was one of the only venues we toured when booking our wedding this year. We absolutely fell in love with the property once we saw it! I love that they provide so many extra decorations for us to use but we ended up creating our own decorations because I got so... Read More inspired by the whole property and its setting! We rented the property for the whole weekend and thank God we did because we needed every second to set up before the big day. Friday we had our rehearsal dinner on the property and really enjoyed having our bridal party hang out and spend time with us the night before (Make sure you confirm with the owners because we were told at last minute that male and female guests couldn't stay in the same house without a chaperone- which we thought was weird considering most of the bridal party was already married to each other). We ended up changing our plans and not having any of the groomsmen stay on the property which turned out alright --the girls had their own fun!! :) The next day went very smooth thanks to our wedding planner (which I highly recommend) and the entire wedding was absolutely beautiful! It was supposed to rain but it held off until the very last minute. I really liked that we had multiple back up plans in case of rain because the venue had spots that were covered but still beautiful. The night of the wedding my husband and I were the only ones that stayed in the house-- It was great not having to drive to a hotel after the wedding. The entire wedding was absolutely amazing and I will never forget this beautiful venue. The only reason I didn't give Fairview Farms 5 stars was due to the lack of communication with the owners. I felt that after Debbie "sold us" on the property it was harder to get in touch with her or her husband Blanton. This is also one of the reasons why we hired a wedding planner so we could work through them instead. Also, on the morning after the wedding Debbie requires you to do a "walk through" on the property with her to make sure everything was put back in its place/not broken, etc. -- well she never showed up. My parents waited there for almost an hour and a half and still nothing. They sat while the cleaning crew cleaned up but still no Debbie or Blanton. It was not a good way to end the wedding weekend. Overall, I loved my wedding and will most likely recommend it to others in the future.

2016-08-28T11:18:26 Response from the vendor

We were deeply saddened to read some of these concerns as they were never brought to our attention. We always communicate with our couples within hours of a question via email or by phone if we are called. We have never required our property to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Nicole S

This place really makes wedding planning so easy! After planning a wedding for over a year at a barn venue in Amelia Virginia, I was soon learning what kind of disaster I was in. My mother called Fairview Farm, and fate stepped in! My date was open! After speaking to Debra I... Read More had no more tears and sleepless nights. She has been working so hard to help me plan my wedding in in one short month. With my wedding date being only 5 weeks away she coordinated more with venders in a few days then my former venue did in a entire year!!!!!!! When I met with her in person I was greeted with warm welcomes and hugs. I am actually excited about my wedding day now! Thank you Debra and her amazing team for making my dream day actually come true! I highly HIGHLY suggest Fairview for any bride looking for a beautiful stress free wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

It's hard to describe how absolutely AMAZING this venue is...my daughter was married here on 7/23/16 and the day lived up to our every expectation. Deborah and Blanton Gordon own this farm and have been so wonderful to work with. My daughter was engaged in early October and... Read More within 48 hours we had booked this beautiful venue for her dream wedding. Every step of the way, the Gordons were there for us - I always felt as if we were the only wedding that they had to deal with, and I know for a fact that is far from the case - their venue is so popular that it is already getting full for 2017 :) The vendor list that was provided us was outstanding. It was a huge help, as there are so many details involved in planning a wedding, and having some "tried and true" vendors was most appreciated. The greatest compliment I can pay the Gordons and Fairview Farm is that it was like working with family and I enjoyed every minute. I am slightly sad that it's all over!! I will miss this lovely family and the sweet vendors that we had the pleasure of working with as well. If you have the opportunity to use this beautiful farm for your dream wedding - DO NOT HESITATE! It is worth every penny and will not disappoint! Hats off to you Deborah and Gordon - you are very special people and your farm is an extension of your love and friendly spirits! Blessings!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

It's been a few weeks, and I'm still basking in the afterglow of my daughter's Memorial Day weekend wedding at Fairview Farm. Our family's entire experience was perfection from beginning to end. That was largely due to the wonderfully thorough planning that has gone into every... Read More aspect of the venue. Debora and Blanton Gordon have considered every detail in creating a setting that is accommodating and memorable for their guests. From the beautifully restored farmhouse and "Manland", to the manicured grounds and iconic gable roof reception barn; the entire property is the perfect blend of refined rustic elegance. Beyond aesthetics, Fairview also provided great value by connecting us to their network of trusted and talented vendors. Nearly all the vendors we chose were from Fairview's preferred list, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Knowing that the people working behind the scenes were professionals who were already familiar with the property, and who's service and quality would be uncompromising, really put my husband and I at ease. It allowed us to genuinely relax, enjoy our guests, and soak in the memories of that special day. As the hosting parents, it was so heartwarming to receive so many compliments at the reception (and a few on my home answering machine the week following), about the food, the flowers, the cake, the music, and what an overall fun and smooth flowing evening it was. Thank you Fairview vendors for serving our guests so graciously. Lastly, it was truly an honor to welcome our new out-of-state in-laws (who had never been to Virginia), to such a beautiful and accommodating setting. Fairview provided the perfect backdrop for our two families to bond and get create lasting memories. Charlotte (MOB)

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

I just got married at Fairview in April and my Husband and I were blown away! The property was absolutely gorgeous and everyone on site was so willing to help make our day so special! We would recommend Fairview to everyone! Fairview helped make our day unforgettable and... Read More amazing!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Marissa H

Fairview Farms is absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to have my wedding there next fall! Debora is amazing and the all inclusive package they offer will definitely make planning a lot easier!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Kristin S

Fairview Farm is an all inclusive barn wedding venue. My daughter lives out of town so it was challenging to plan her April 9th wedding but the owners, Debbie and Blanton, were very pleasant to work with. We had so many compliments about the whole barn/farm setting. The venue... Read More offers a lot of decorative items and some things are included in the price. They have a preferred vendor list offering discounts which we found to be helpful. There are two houses (one in construction) on the property for use by the bride and groom, wedding party and/or guests which is convenient because it is truly on a farm setting. Cater 2 Events provided delicious food and drink and Shannon Hennessey, the photographer, was so cute and sweet and did a fantastic job even though the weather wasn't cooperating.

Debora Gordon

Fairview Farm has been family owned for 100 years and is passionate about preserving the southern charm of the 115 acre multiple barn farm estate. The large ADA event barn is heated and air conditioned open ed in 2014 and our focus is you. Back up generators are a must for any venue. There are two destination weekend packages for weekend guests, catering, month of planner, DJs or band, decorated and furnished ADA barn and large pavilion, gazebo, five acre pond with gazebo and fountain, vintage barns, multiple ceremony sites and more. Visit our website at www.fairviewfarmevents.com