Book Your Wedding with Fairview Farm Events

A BARN IN POWHATAN, VA

Fairview Farm Events is a family-owned farm in the heart of Powhatan, Virginia. It is located west of Midlothian and aptly named after Virginia’s rolling farmlands. The venue offers breathtaking views of the of the mountain ranges of Lynchburg and is made even more magical by the stunning Virginia sunsets.

The 115-acre property features a large pond with a fountain, a rustic wooden gazebo and a large dock. The old-fashioned swing on one of the oldest and largest poplar trees in the county is a favorite spot for taking photos as well as the vintage barns, fire pits, pergolas and the garden. Before it was converted into a full-service wedding venue, the property served as a dairy farm for over 60 years and even up to this day.

Couples may choose any of the outdoor venues all over the property as their wedding ceremony site. Wedding receptions are held at the vintage barn, which is a two-story facility with centralized heating and air conditioning. It is tastefully decorated with a three-foot crystal chandelier and bistro lighting as well as rustic tables, chairs and benches. The barn is equipped with modern facilities, such as a full prep kitchen, ADA-compliant restrooms, Bose sound system and a 70-inch television. The space easily accommodates up to 150 guests while the upper loft and the side porches can each add extra seating for up to 40 guests. Outside the barn are stamped concrete porches and walkways, pergolas, gazebos and fire pits. Adjacent to the barn is the 40-by-60-foot pavilion that is mostly used for ceremonies and cocktail hours.

Fairview Farm Events offers all-inclusive wedding packages that include the use of all the facilities. This includes the game room, which is also dubbed as the Man Room—a 1,200-square-foot building that works as the groom’s room. It is equipped with a pool table, foosball and a television that the groom and his men may have access to up until midnight. The bridal suite features a master bath equipped with mirrors and a large Jacuzzi.

Other wedding needs are also included in the package, such as catering and beverage service, entertainment with either a DJ or a band and a wedding coordinator. Because the venue is already beautifully decorated, couples are able to save in expensive decorations and tent rentals. The packages are also customizable, so if you want to provide your own catering service or other services, the venue deducts a certain amount from the package cost.

Couples who book an all-weekend event at Fairview Farm Events may rent the Blanton Cottage. It is a new lodging space overlooking the pond where family and friends can fish and gather for a morning or afternoon get-together.

Fairview Farm Events provides an array of props that couples and their guests can use for their photos. This includes:

• A fully-restored red Ford pickup truck
  • Tractors
  • Rolls of hay

Fairview Farm Events also has a backup generator in case of inclement weather or a power outage and provides shuttle services on the grounds for guests.

VA Farm Rustic Chic Venue Weekend less than 25K

Fairview Farm is central VA's only upscale destination barn/ farm 115 acre estate is exclusively yours for 100 guests (can have up to 245 option) with complimentary concierge vendor services with 37 on site guests for the weekend. The ADA two story heated and air conditioned barn is tastefully furnished with antiques and professionally decorated by season. We include multiple caterers, cocktail hour appetizers/reception, beer/wine, elegant place settings, preferred DJ or Band for 5 hours, month of planner, ceremony sites, large pavilion, optional converted barn loft and waterfront cottage and a 1800 sq. ft. game room building. There are also Sunday or weekday options available for couples who want a stress free day of event at Fairview Farm in conveniently located central VA

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Estate, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

1660 Ballsville Road, Powhatan, VA (804) 492-4972

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

It's been a few weeks, and I'm still basking in the afterglow of my daughter's Memorial Day weekend wedding at Fairview Farm. Our family's entire experience was perfection from beginning to end. That was largely due to the wonderfully thorough planning that has gone into every... Read More aspect of the venue. Debora and Blanton Gordon have considered every detail in creating a setting that is accommodating and memorable for their guests. From the beautifully restored farmhouse and "Manland", to the manicured grounds and iconic gable roof reception barn; the entire property is the perfect blend of refined rustic elegance. Beyond aesthetics, Fairview also provided great value by connecting us to their network of trusted and talented vendors. Nearly all the vendors we chose were from Fairview's preferred list, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Knowing that the people working behind the scenes were professionals who were already familiar with the property, and who's service and quality would be uncompromising, really put my husband and I at ease. It allowed us to genuinely relax, enjoy our guests, and soak in the memories of that special day. As the hosting parents, it was so heartwarming to receive so many compliments at the reception (and a few on my home answering machine the week following), about the food, the flowers, the cake, the music, and what an overall fun and smooth flowing evening it was. Thank you Fairview vendors for serving our guests so graciously. Lastly, it was truly an honor to welcome our new out-of-state in-laws (who had never been to Virginia), to such a beautiful and accommodating setting. Fairview provided the perfect backdrop for our two families to bond and get create lasting memories. Charlotte (MOB)

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 BRITTANY B

If you're looking for a wedding venue that offers you a fairytale-style wedding, then look no further than Fairview Farm. I got married in May of 2017 at Fairview Farm, and it was more magical than I could have ever imagined. I had high expectations from the start, but Debbie... Read More and Blanton truly blew us away. Their team of preferred vendors, the benefits of their package, the care and attentiveness to their brides, and the breath-taking landscapes are all reasons to host your special day at Fairview Farm. I truly can't say enough wonderful things about our experience. Having friends and family/bridal party stay on the property all weekend was a blessing I cannot rave enough about - the whole weekend and day went by so fast, but I have so many memories from first getting there on Friday, seeing our bridal party arrive and "oooh" and "ahhh" as they walked the property was absolutely priceless.

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Kelsey P

This venue was everything my husband and I could have ever dreamed of. From the moment we stepped onto the property for our initial tour, we were in love. Debora and Blanton were so helpful every step of the way and really went above and beyond to ensure that our day was... Read More stress-free; it was rainy on our wedding day and Blanton was so awesome in ensuring our pavilion ceremony was perfect, down to the smallest details. The property itself is breathtaking and the barn is absolutely jaw dropping. All of our guests gave rave reviews for the decorations inside the barn and out, the rustic elegance is exactly what we were looking for. Fairview Farm Events is the perfect location for a wedding and the owners and their preferred vendors allow for a stress-free event. It was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Diane K

Fairview is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Because we had family and friends coming in from all over the country, being able to have lodging for so many guests at the venue was a big priority for us. Debora and Blanton have done a wonderful job of creating a very... Read More professional wedding venue with all the decor, accessories, and details you would want for a rustic barn wedding while still maintaining the feeling of a bed and breakfast atmosphere where you feel like you get to know the couple whose home you are staying at. Our guests loved the venue, we loved the venue, and we would make the same decision again to get married at Fairview!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Shelby B

I cannot believe how perfect our wedding day was! The grounds are beautiful and all of the add on made the day go so smooth. We used a lot of their preferred vendors and it worked out perfectly. Debbie was so kind and easy to work with. Our family and friends were amazed with... Read More the beauty of this place, especially those that stayed the weekend with us. And the game room was a huge hit for our rehearsal dinner and after party. The price is a little steep, but I can tell you, its worth every penny!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I had our wedding at this venue this past weekend, and It was nothing short of a fairytale. This venue provides a rustic yet elegant environment that is beyond breathtaking. We cannot say enough wonderful things about not only the venue, but also the staff. Our... Read More entire experience with Fairview has been truly amazing, and we could not have imagined a more beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Lindsey D

Debbie and Blanton have been amazing to work with. I just booked my wedding for October 2017 and the process has already been stress-free. Fairview includes just about everything you could ask for in a venue - and Debbie and Blanton are so great about providing recommendations... Read More and their expertise in wedding planning. We can't wait for our wedding at this beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Trish M

Debbie was fantastic and the farm is absolutely beautiful!!! She was prompt and very helpful and worked with us from day one. Being able to have every part of our weekend there was also very helpful. We truly enjoyed our weekend and are so happy we chose to spend it with... Read More Fairview

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Mary Jo T

Fairview Farm was an excellent wedding venue for my daughter's wedding in March. We loved the amenities in the barn (heat & AC) as well as the convenience of staying at the residence on the property. Blanton was wonderful in facilitating our set up and providing us with... Read More guidance. Thank you for a wonderful venue !

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Marybeth O

My daughter had the wedding of her dreams at Fairview Farm Events located in Powhatan, VA. Fairview Farm is a beautiful rustic farm that offers so many options for weddings. Debbie and Blanton (the owners) were very welcoming and helpful throughout the process of planning, as... Read More well as the weekend of the wedding. The barn is beautifully decorated for each season and has a storage room full of props available for use (chalk boards, easels, lanterns, ball jars, etc.). They also have many vintage farm props such as a tractor, old truck, silo's and barns that make for beautiful photo opts. We loved that the wedding party (and my husband and I) could all stay together at the farm, creating a fun and relaxing weekend that we all will forever remember. It makes it so special that the rehearsal dinner, as well as the wedding, can all be held at the same place! I can't say enough about how happy we were with Fairview Farm!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Meagan A

My husband and I had our wedding at Fairview Farm on Sunday, July 17th, 2016. Fairview far surpassed our expectations, and there are no words great enough to describe the wedding we had! Everything was honestly perfect that day, and it was all thanks to the Farm and their... Read More staff! We received outstanding service from the owners, Debbie and her husband Blanton, as well as the vendors on their preferred vendor list. We had a wonderful experience working with them in the months leading up to the wedding, creating a truly stress-free day! We didn't have to worry about a single detail, as they had it all taken care of. Their attention and commitment to us being happy made us feel like we were the only wedding they were planning! Having our wedding there was the best possible decision we could have made for our special day! My husband and I were set on an outdoor wedding, but we were worried about rain. Other wedding venues we looked at had, to put it quite plainly, appalling options in case it poured. Fairview, however, not only had a beautiful Plan B, but also a Plan C! We were also concerned with the heat, since the wedding was taking place mid-July in central Virginia, but Fairview had just recently added insulated air-conditioning to their barn this past winter. (And speaking of winter, if you want to get married in the colder months, they got you covered as well; the barn also has heat!) Because of the air-conditioning our guests could comfortably dance the night away, and for weeks after would go on and on regarding what a fun time they had at Fairview. We also received more compliments than we could count, on the gorgeous venue. The farm had a breathtaking view that night of the sunset and (full!) moon! Can't say enough amazing things about this venue! (I would give it more stars if I could!) We knew as soon as we stepped foot on the property this was the place for us, and I'm sure you and your significant other will as well. We'd recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Caitlin M

Fairview Farms is by far the perfect venue to get married! When my now husband and I first started planning our wedding, we had every intention of going destination! Until we found Fairview. It's like a private getaway in the country, with everything you could ask for! Deborah... Read More and Blanton are so accommodating and helpful as well! We were the first wedding to use their band (Route 64), and they are fabulous! I highly recommend Fairview to anyone with an upcoming wedding!! It is a gorgeous venue and has everything you could ask for in one place!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Pamela C

WOW! Called Debora on a Friday with a short fused wedding request and in less than 24 hours she had already contacted the required vendors and has sent us email updates along the way. I can't wait to attend the wedding as I know it's going to be beautiful! Thank you Debora... Read More for everything you have done to put this together so quickly.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Mary Todd C

Fairview Farm was the perfect location for our wedding! The property is absolutely beautiful and Debbie and Blanton were to helpful leading up to the big day. We had our ceremony under the new gazebo which provided shade for our wedding party as well as many of our guests. The... Read More barn was so lovely and was a great space for us to hold our reception and to mingle with our guests. I would certainly recommend Fairview Farm if you are considering a beautifully rustic theme.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Kendall M

Fairview Farms was one of the only venues we toured when booking our wedding this year. We absolutely fell in love with the property once we saw it! I love that they provide so many extra decorations for us to use but we ended up creating our own decorations because I got so... Read More inspired by the whole property and its setting! We rented the property for the whole weekend and thank God we did because we needed every second to set up before the big day. Friday we had our rehearsal dinner on the property and really enjoyed having our bridal party hang out and spend time with us the night before (Make sure you confirm with the owners because we were told at last minute that male and female guests couldn't stay in the same house without a chaperone- which we thought was weird considering most of the bridal party was already married to each other). We ended up changing our plans and not having any of the groomsmen stay on the property which turned out alright --the girls had their own fun!! :) The next day went very smooth thanks to our wedding planner (which I highly recommend) and the entire wedding was absolutely beautiful! It was supposed to rain but it held off until the very last minute. I really liked that we had multiple back up plans in case of rain because the venue had spots that were covered but still beautiful. The night of the wedding my husband and I were the only ones that stayed in the house-- It was great not having to drive to a hotel after the wedding. The entire wedding was absolutely amazing and I will never forget this beautiful venue. The only reason I didn't give Fairview Farms 5 stars was due to the lack of communication with the owners. I felt that after Debbie "sold us" on the property it was harder to get in touch with her or her husband Blanton. This is also one of the reasons why we hired a wedding planner so we could work through them instead. Also, on the morning after the wedding Debbie requires you to do a "walk through" on the property with her to make sure everything was put back in its place/not broken, etc. -- well she never showed up. My parents waited there for almost an hour and a half and still nothing. They sat while the cleaning crew cleaned up but still no Debbie or Blanton. It was not a good way to end the wedding weekend. Overall, I loved my wedding and will most likely recommend it to others in the future.

2016-08-28T11:18:26 Response from the vendor

We were deeply saddened to read some of these concerns as they were never brought to our attention. We always communicate with our couples within hours of a question via email or by phone if we are called. We have never required our property to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Nicole S

This place really makes wedding planning so easy! After planning a wedding for over a year at a barn venue in Amelia Virginia, I was soon learning what kind of disaster I was in. My mother called Fairview Farm, and fate stepped in! My date was open! After speaking to Debra I... Read More had no more tears and sleepless nights. She has been working so hard to help me plan my wedding in in one short month. With my wedding date being only 5 weeks away she coordinated more with venders in a few days then my former venue did in a entire year!!!!!!! When I met with her in person I was greeted with warm welcomes and hugs. I am actually excited about my wedding day now! Thank you Debra and her amazing team for making my dream day actually come true! I highly HIGHLY suggest Fairview for any bride looking for a beautiful stress free wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

It's hard to describe how absolutely AMAZING this venue is...my daughter was married here on 7/23/16 and the day lived up to our every expectation. Deborah and Blanton Gordon own this farm and have been so wonderful to work with. My daughter was engaged in early October and... Read More within 48 hours we had booked this beautiful venue for her dream wedding. Every step of the way, the Gordons were there for us - I always felt as if we were the only wedding that they had to deal with, and I know for a fact that is far from the case - their venue is so popular that it is already getting full for 2017 :) The vendor list that was provided us was outstanding. It was a huge help, as there are so many details involved in planning a wedding, and having some "tried and true" vendors was most appreciated. The greatest compliment I can pay the Gordons and Fairview Farm is that it was like working with family and I enjoyed every minute. I am slightly sad that it's all over!! I will miss this lovely family and the sweet vendors that we had the pleasure of working with as well. If you have the opportunity to use this beautiful farm for your dream wedding - DO NOT HESITATE! It is worth every penny and will not disappoint! Hats off to you Deborah and Gordon - you are very special people and your farm is an extension of your love and friendly spirits! Blessings!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

I just got married at Fairview in April and my Husband and I were blown away! The property was absolutely gorgeous and everyone on site was so willing to help make our day so special! We would recommend Fairview to everyone! Fairview helped make our day unforgettable and... Read More amazing!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Marissa H

Fairview Farms is absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to have my wedding there next fall! Debora is amazing and the all inclusive package they offer will definitely make planning a lot easier!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Kristin S

Fairview Farm is an all inclusive barn wedding venue. My daughter lives out of town so it was challenging to plan her April 9th wedding but the owners, Debbie and Blanton, were very pleasant to work with. We had so many compliments about the whole barn/farm setting. The venue... Read More offers a lot of decorative items and some things are included in the price. They have a preferred vendor list offering discounts which we found to be helpful. There are two houses (one in construction) on the property for use by the bride and groom, wedding party and/or guests which is convenient because it is truly on a farm setting. Cater 2 Events provided delicious food and drink and Shannon Hennessey, the photographer, was so cute and sweet and did a fantastic job even though the weather wasn't cooperating.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

Fairview Farm was the perfect wedding venue for my daughter's wedding! Everything was lovely, relaxing, and convenient - a weekend away in the country. Beautiful memories!!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Rachel P

I cannot say enough good things about Debbie and Blanton at Fairview Farm! I opted for their all-inclusive weekend package, and it was definitely a great package. We were able to set up and relax the day before, and we had such a great time being able to get ready on... Read More site. Such an amazing location not only for the value and looks, but truly wonderful people to work with. We heard nothing but great comments from all of our guests. The convenience of having a place for family and bridal party to stay on site was a major plus. They have great vendors on their preferred vendor list. All of them were amazing to work with. Originally I fell in love with the venue seeing photos of weddings in front of the barn. We decided on that option, but mother nature had other plans. Luckily for us, the covered pavillion was an incredible rain plan. It was beautifully decorated and they even provided heaters for the chilly March day. The reception in the barn was nothing short of phenomenal! Such amazing eclectic decorations. This is a great venue if you're looking to do a simple easy to plan wedding or a more DIY approach. I am so glad we chose Fairview! !!!!!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

Fairview Farm was the absolute best! Debora offers everything you need and more. The decor in the barn and surrounding grounds makes it so you don't have to supply anything unless you want to. My son is in the military and every guest had to come from out of town. Fairview will... Read More guide you with a vendor list for hotels, transportation, hair, makeup, caterer, planners, photography, DJ....you name it , they have thought of it. Everyone we dealt with on that list were the best. This is a family business and they treat you like family. Debora was always available for guidance through the whole process. I looked at a lot of barn venues in PA, MD, DE and VA and this was the only one giving you so much extra for one price!Brian at Ik Caterers, Events by Mia, John and the Goddess DJ, Winn transportation and Double Tree in Midlothian also need a huge shout out! They were terrific.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

We are having a vow renewal ceremony at Fairview Farms and when my husband and I went for our tour we were blown away!! The venue is GORGEOUS!! If you want a rustic chic wedding location with lots of charm, this is the place to have it! The owners have literally thought of every... Read More detail (a closet full of mason jars, chalkboards, and picture frames you can use!) and make your job as bride so easy by having preferred vendors. We love the fire pits, bistro lighting, antique trucks and tractors, and many picture locations. My husband can't wait to get ready with his friends in the awesome game room and I look forward to using the bridal suite. Again, there is no detail the owners haven't thought of. I can't wait to have our vow renewals at Fairview Farms!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Lisa H

Update: Fairview Farm and their staff proved to be an exceptional venue for our wedding last weekend! It was everything we were hoping for. We're so grateful for the care and professionalism of the team there and the stunning setting! Thanks Debbie, Blanton, and Brett! My... Read More fiance and I are planning our wedding at Fairview Farm in August 2016. We looked at vinyards and farms around VA and Fairview Farm stood out head and shoulders above the rest. Debbie, the owner, has impeccable taste and leaves no detail incomplete. I fell in love with her style and have complete confidence that we could show up with out adding a single thing and it would be perfect as is! They also have a list of preferred vendors who have proven to be very professional to work with. Debbie and Blanton are constantly improving their property and making thoughtful additions. They really do take pride in their place and their work. It's so lovely I would move right in if I could!

Debora Gordon

Fairview Farm has been family owned for 100 years and is passionate about preserving the southern charm of the 115 acre farm estate. A large ADA event barn which is heated and air conditioned open in 2014 and our focus is you. We provide first responder discounts. The destination weekend packages includes 17 guests, catering, month of planner, DJs or band, the ADA barn, large pavilion, gazebo, five acre pond with gazebo and fountain, vintage barns, multiple ceremony sites and more. We just added a waterfront cottage and a 1940's barn loft for 20 extra guests. We can include it all!