Fairytale Hair and Makeup

(142)

Southern California, CA

Preferred Vendor for Disney's Fairytale Weddings

We are a team of professional hair and makeup artists that come to you for your special day! You will look and feel like a princess! As seen on "My Fair Wedding" with David Tutera. The Knot Hall of Fame Winner, The Knot Best of Weddings & Wedding Wire Winner 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014.

Type

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists

Southern California, CA

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Nicole F

Tara Fontana was an amazing artist who took her time to make my sister and I happy! She has a great personality and is great artist! My loved my hair and makeup! Thank you Tara!

The Royal Treatment

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Nicole D

Tara was amazing. I knew she was going to be perfect because when I went for my trial she had Disney stuff all over her studio!!! She listened to exactly how I wanted my hair and makeup and then made it more amazing than I could have ever imagined. And I know that all my bridesmaids felt the exact same way. She arrived on time, got the job done, and was professional yet fun. It made the day that much more special.

Tara is amazing1

Reviewed on 1/21/2015

I cannot recommend highly enough Tara who completed our hair and make up for ourwedding at disneyland - she was amazing. Arrived on time was so professional and such a lovely person - Tara was happy to complete some extra work for my step mum and cousin on the day - she was fast and fabulous and if i could bring her to australia to do our 3rd wedding i would - amazing, wonderful, just use her she is brilliant and i can't imagine anyone not being happy with her...so happy, thank you tara so much for being part of our day and helping me edit the music selection lol!

Highly Recommend Fairytale

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Angelique F

Tara did my hair and makeup for my Disneyland castle photo shoot and reception (my ceremony was out of town). She also did my mom's hair and makeup for the reception. She was fantastic! We both loved how our hair and makeup turned out and photographed. She was right on time (admirable, considering the obscenely early hour), and excited! It's so refreshing to work with someone who loves their work so much, and her passion shows in her work! We both received rave reviews on our hair and makeup, and I really appreciated that I still looked like myself, but at my best. Even at my trial session, I brought Tara a picture of what I thought I would like, and she pointed out that for my special day, I should really go with something more intricate, that didn't look like I could do it myself. So I let her do whatever she wanted just to see where it would take us, and she was right! You can trust Tara's instincts and talent. I would recommend Fairytale Hair & Makeup to anyone!

Highly Recommend Fairytale Hair & Makeup

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Angelique F

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Katherine A

I don't normally write reviews, in fact this is my first one! But Fairytale Hair and Makeup did an amazing job on my hair and makeup, they exceeded my expectations and I couldn't of been any happier with my decision in choosing this amazing team to be apart of such a special day in my life. I looked like a princess that day, did I mention they are amazing!? I highly recommend Fairytale Hair and Makeup to al the future brides out there!

Awesome work!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Fairy tale hair and makeup was great! Alyssa the artist was right ontime, she was professional, friendly and very good at what she does. My hair and make up were awesome and so were my bridal party's. She got us all ready on time and we had a wonderful day! Alyssa and Tara always answered emails and questions promptly and informatively. I would recommend these ladies to any and all ! Thanks you Yuli Reisner. Wedding date 9/14/14

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Erin C

Tara and her team made our day unbelievably special! Everyone until this day remarks on how gorgeous my hair looked! My makeup was also phenomenal! Her personality was so fun and uplifting that it definitely set the tone for the rest of the evening. I feel so lucky to have had her! I've referred her to friends who also are amazed by the quality and talent. I think we have to do a vow renewal just to have her do my hair and makeup again :)

Amazing Experience, a True Fairytale!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Sydni N

I had the most amazing experience with Tara! Because of having a destination wedding, I didn't have a trial run with her prior to the wedding day and she listened to everything i wanted and took my vision and executed it perfectly. I honestly wish she could glamorize me everyday! I was so so nervous the morning of my Disneyland Castle Wedding and she arrived right on time and calmed my nerves. I love this woman and her team. I have no complaints and if you are a bride to be, you should call Tara immediately for your big day. its a no brainer!

Great, especially for Disney destination wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Kate R

Jackie did both my hair and makeup, as well as my mother's hair for my Disney destination wedding. I was able to send her pictures before hand of what I wanted. Jackie was on time, professional, and made my day fantastic. She listed to exactly what I wanted and everyone said I looked amazing. The only problem I encountered while working with Fairytale is that we added my mom after we already put the deposit down for just me, which got a little confusing.I would definitely recommend Fairytale and Jackie (if you're in Florida)!

Wonderful Work

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Anadell M

Tara Fontana, Scott & I wanted to say, thank you again for making me and my bridal party beautiful. We are very proud of all your success...You do wonderful work.

Fairytale Made My Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Katrina F

Tara and the girls at Fairytale made my wedding day. They not only made me look more beautiful than I ever could have imagined myself looking on my wedding day, they were over and above accommodating. Originally I signed up for my hair and makeup and just hair for my bridesmaids and a few others. When we arrived on the morning of the wedding everyone wanted both hair and makeup done, Tara looked worried about not having enough time at first, but she called in reinforcements and not only got all of us done (easily in time) but also did a few extra girls who loved what they did to us so much they wanted in as well. Tara and her team are beyond amazing. I wish she could make me look so pretty everyday. You are magicians ladies. Thank you so so so much! I wish I could give you more than five stars.

Loved my experience!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Jennifer R

I loved my experience with Fairytale Hair and Makeup. My fiance' and I decided to have our engagement photos done at Disneyland. I don't live in Anaheim, so I was very worried about trying to find a nearby salon to get my hair and makeup done without knowing the area. When I found out that the makeup artist with Fairytale Hair and Makeup would come straight our hotel room, I was so relieved! Tara was amazing answering questions, and Laura, my makeup artist, was fantastic! My hair and makeup looked AMAZING in my photos. Not only that, but Laura was professional and very personable. I knew I was in good hands as soon as she got there. She also worked efficiently and stayed right on schedule. If I could afford to shuttle her up to central California for my actual wedding day, I would do it in a heartbeat! I'm actually looking for beauty vendors in my town now and am bummed I won't be able to use them. So if you're in an area where you can book them, do it!

My Fairy Godmother!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Lisa B

Tara was my fairy godmother for my December wedding-just a wave of her brushes and a princess appeared before my eyes! Tara was great at communicating with me-she returned every one of my messages promptly and I never felt like I was chasing after her. She was wonderful to work with and listened very carefully to my concerns and what I wanted. Days before my wedding, she did some research and some shopping to load up on new products-all to ensure that my makeup stayed perfect all day-even with my oily skin! She was ready to go on time for my trial, wedding day, and the day after photo shoot (she got to me in Anaheim at 3AM!). She did a really wonderful job and I'm so happy that I decided to go with her! Thanks Tara and Fairytale Hair and Makeup for helping to make my wedding day a dream come true!!

Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

I was extremely happy with the hair and makeup that was done for myself and my girls. We had two ladies helping us. one was very cheerful and chatty. the other lady was very serious and quiet, not sure if it was the early morning or if she just wasn't very happy. either way the hair and makeup turned out fabulous and i would recommend them to others.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kelly H

Tara and her team are top notch and will help to make you feel beautiful on your big day! She's the best!

We have never looked better!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Lisa G

I got married in Napa last month, and I had a very large bridal party. I found Fairytale Hair and makeup on the knot, and noticed that David Tutera recommended them. As I am a hug fan, I just had to hire them! They sent Kalani to me and one other girl (I'm so sorry but I forgot her name!!!) I did a hair trial with Kalani, and knew I had made the right choice! I decided a few weeks before the big day to do a different hair style... but Kalani was not worried. She did the most incredible job!!!! And the other girl, whose name I really really wish I remembered, did a crazy good job on makeup for all the girls!!! I mean, we never looked better!!! Seriously!!! Prices were competitive. Not cheap but not over the top either. They are definitely worth the price!

Not a Fairytale

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Danielle W

I hired Fairytale for my September 27th wedding. The makeup artist showed up at my hotel room at 6:30am....30 minutes late. She did my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup and then she quickly left. My ceremony was at a different site and didn't even start until 11am. She didn't leave me with any extra makeup for touch up's, no blotting tissues....nothing! By the time my ceremony started my mascara was running and my maid of honor had to do what she could to fix it. As the day went on the makeup got worse. I'm terrified of what the pictures will look like because I seriously looked like a raccoon and I didn't even cry! This is an expensive company. Do yourself a favor and save the money and find a better cheaper company and spend the extra money on something else in your wedding. Save yourself the disappointment and stress!

Disney Star Wars Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Mindy M

Firstly, Tara is beyond amazing for what she was able to do with my hair. My hair is extremely long, and she was able to create the perfect mixture of Star Wars and Disney for my wedding day. Both her and Dusty were awesome to work with, and I can't thank them enough for creating the magic that they did for my wedding. Was an honor and privilege to work with these amazing women! Thanks again! Mindy Maxwell

Tara & Dusty are MARVELOUS!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Sundee M

Arriving with a smile even at 7:30am, Tara & Dusty came to beautify us for my wedding day and they were nothing short of AMAZING!! On top of doing an incredible job on me, my four bridesmaids, my flower girl and my mom (in impeccable timing btw) we had so much fun getting ready with them! My hair and makeup was perfect and just what I wanted for my big day. And all my girls looked beautiful. We all have long and/or thick hair and Tara had absolutely no problem giving each of us beautiful curls!! Plus, Tara knew exactly what to do to my hair even after I did a poor job of explaining my vision. And my makeup was flawless and held up even thru a few happy tears here and there and a night of dancing!! I felt so beautiful and I have them to thank!! You will NOT go wrong with these two amazing women-- beautifying at its BEST!!

Disney Bride Hair and Make up

Reviewed on 8/30/2014

I had Jackie as my hair and make up artist and what a true artist she is! Jackie made me feel at ease and comfortable from the moment I meet her. Jackie made me not only feel beautiful but look beautiful on my wedding day! I have never had so many people (strangers) comment on how beautiful I looked, I felt like a disney princess! Jackie is great at what she does and any future bride who has her will not be disappointed! I just wish I could do it all over again!Thank you so much Jackie!

A Fairytale Experience :)

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Janine B

Genna did a wonderful job creating and executing my look for the big day! She was in time for the trial and early for the wedding. She was able to gently apply false lashes (which I've never worn before) while I was wearing contacts - a feat, trust me! And between her and her assistant, they were able to get me and my three bridesmaids completely done (hair and makeup) thirty minutes early! We all looked absolutely stunning! Definitely recommend :D

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Liane D

Genna was our fairy for my wedding. She surpassed my expectations - I was blown away by how beautiful my hair and makeup looked. My husband, friends, and family could not stop telling me how beautiful I looked. Thanks Genna!!

Awesome hair and makeup

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Danielle C

Genna did my hair and makeup for my engagement photo shoot and for the Big Day. I loved it both times! My bridesmaids looked fabulous too :D

Quick Job, short notice

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Melissa G

My hair and makeup was done by Tara. She's super friendly, outgoing, and made me feel very comfortable. We had originally planned for her to do my makeup, hair, and tattoo cover up in about 2-3 hours. We had a change in plans for our wedding and when Tara showed up, she was told we only had an hour before the officiant would show up. She magically got my hair curled, did my makeup, tattoo cover up, and even airbrushed my sunburn that I had gotten the day before. Definitely recommend Tara.

Send Email