Authentic & Stylish Photographs

As a 2011 bride, I photograph each wedding as I would photograph my own. I know how you're feeling. I understand first-hand how important it is to capture the magical moments of your day.

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

174 Bellevue Avenue (By Appointment Only), Newport, RI (401) 847-2130

Easiest and best decision of our whole wedding!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Laura E

When I first got engaged, I knew that choosing a photographer was going to be one of my biggest and most important decisions. As a bride who poured hear heart into every single last possible detail of her wedding I wanted someone who cared and would take the time to capture it... Read More all in a way that would make me look back and smile for a lifetime to come. With the amount of time, money and energy spent on a wedding I wanted to make sure that I had the most amazing photos because after all the food is eaten, the cake is cut, the dancing is done and the wedding is over two things are left...your marriage and your pictures! I spent months researching and weeks meeting with almost a dozen local wedding photographers that all had fabulous reviews but when we met with Faith we knew the search was over. I am overly thorough and my husband is very laid back so I knew it was a done deal when we left our meeting and he looked at me and said "She was pretty cool, we should choose her!" It was one of the only opinions he gave throughout our two year engagement! From our first meeting, to our engagement pictures, to the personal attention she gave throughout our planning, to our wedding day, to the amazing time and effort spent editing Faith went above and beyond. We just received our 1,300 wedding pictures and when I started to look at them I was just in complete and total awe. Not only did she beautifully capture every last detail in a wedding with dozens of DIY projects, she captured moments that I didn't even know happened. As I sat there with chills and tears in my eyes, it was like reliving my wedding day all over again. We will treasure the photos that she has given us forever. And everyone who thought I was crazy to research photographers as obsessively as I did now understands! Our wedding was a whirlwind blur and to everyone who is reading this review and searching for photographers I can promise you yours will be too! Look no further, book Faith and then relax knowing that she will capture it all and you will have the most beautiful wedding memories! Here is the letter I wrote to Faith and her husband Jefferson after our wedding! Faith and Jefferson, Bryan and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you did for us on our wedding day! You were the absolute best people to work with and all weekend we kept saying how amazing the two of you were. Thank you for enduring what was seemingly the hottest day of the last decade with two of the biggest smiles and cheeriest attitudes imaginable. From going above and beyond by getting extra help to capture all of the details I worked on, to handling our rude limo driver, to my ripped veil and dress that attracted every possible bug, to getting my dad, grandpa and Bryan to actually look happy in our formal portraits, to keeping me hydrated with water infused with electrolytes complete with one of our straws, to sticking it out until our very last dance when you did not have to and so so much more. We truly appreciate all that you both did for us and I don't think we could ever thank you enough. We are forever grateful that you were the two to capture our day. The amount of preparation you put into our day was amazing and you remembered to take every photo I ever mentioned to you, even ones that I forgot about during all of the excitement. We were so lucky to work with you and we cannot wait to see your beautiful work. You are both the best! Love, Laura and Bryan

GREATEST. PERSON. EVER.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jessica K

I do not even know how to describe how I feel about Faith Dugan. I fell in love with her the second I met her. She is simply an amazing person. I saw all of this because if I have learned nothing else from planning my wedding, it is that you need to have a strong, positive,... Read More and open relationship with everyone that you hire and work with. Her photography speaks for itself. Please check out her galleries and just see the beautiful work that she does. She is incredibly gifted and I am blessed to have had her by my side for my entire wedding day. Faith made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I just love her. And I LOVE how she captured our wedding. I cannot wait to plan out our album with her soon!

The Best Vendor Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Therese T

One of the best pieces of advice I received in the wedding planning process was to choose a great photographer- mainly because they are in charge of capturing priceless moments of your special day. Choosing to go with Faith Dugan for our wedding was HANDS DOWN the best vendor... Read More decision we made! As an Aquidneck Island local and veteran bride herself- Faith understands not only where to shoot, but what is important to capture during the day. Our wedding was full of love, chaos and my big family (I'm the oldest of 10 children!) but Faith never skipped a beat with creating an efficient, smooth shooting process. Her husband helped in capturing all our shots- and the two are the most easy-going, friendly and happy people we worked with for our wedding! Their guidance, positive energy and support throughout the day created such a nice environment for our family and friends. During our preparation process, Faith recommended reserving Ochre Court for our bridal party as a rain-plan or additional place to shoot during the big day. This turned out to be one of the highlights of the afternoon! Not only is it a beautiful location, but our friends had so much fun walking the grounds and taking photos. It was like a gift we could give to our bridal party of authentic Newport- while capturing incredible shots at the same time! She really knows and understands the grounds- and we had a blast shooting with her and her husband there. Such a fantastic memory of the day! If you want a professional photographer with an eye for style, the sweetest disposition and excellent advice- you will not be disappointed if you go with Faith Dugan!! SHE IS WORTH EVERY COST OF THE EXPENSE!! I can't stress enough how positive she kept my family and friends during all the chaotic transitions of our beautiful day. We were truly blessed to have found her!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Julie K

Faith is so creative and so easy to work with! She completed my wedding day experience and captured so many amazing memories.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Cheryl-Ann D

If we could give Faith and Jefferson 10 stars we would! I originally had another photographer booked and forfeited a $1000 deposit to switch to Faith and I couldn't be happier that I did! From the moment I met with Faith, I knew she was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Her... Read More personality and attention to every single detail is out of this world! Her thoughtfulness is touching and she makes you feel like a long time friend! Her and Jefferson work perfect together! I couldn't have chosen a better pair, truly with my decision 110%!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Danielle D

I can not begin to say how awesome Faith really is. First of all - her work is absolutely gorgeous. From the first time I contacted Faith, she was extremely responsive and helpful - even when I wasn't asking questions about photography!!! She knows the wedding scene and Newport... Read More so well - she was really an invaluable tool for us during our preparation - especially since we were planning from hours away. The first time we saw Faith, she was at the location of our venue shooting another wedding and was highly recommended by the catering manager I was working with. I have recently dove into the field of event photography myself, and have been an avid hobbiest for over 10 years - so I didn't think I would ever be able to make a final decision!!!Once we started doing our research and checking out her website, as well as many others in the area, we fell in love with her documentary and detail orientated style and the decision wasn't nearly as hard as I anticipated. Her prices are amazingly fair compared to her quality of work - We knew we wanted Faith at our wedding!!! When we actually got the chance to meet with Faith at her studio - it was totally a done deal. Besides the amazing prints and albums that she had to show us, her personality just clicked perfectly with ours!!! I don't think we ever stopped laughing while we were shooting with her, during our engagement session or on our big day. She really helped us create not only gorgeous images, but wonderful memories to last a lifetime!! We had so much fun at our shoots - we plan on continuing have her document our big life events yet to come. We feel extremely fortunate to have been able to have Faith be a part of our day!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kathleen D

Faith and Jefferson are the best! They did both our engagement and wedding photography. They do way more than take and edit photographs. They work to get to know you personally and build relationships so that you can feel 100% comfortable. They also wrangle wedding party guests... Read More and family members with ease. They help you if anything goes wrong. Bobby pin out place, bustle coming loose? They have your back. The pictures they capture are swoonworthy works of art full of emotion and perfect lighting. Hire them! You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amy C

Faith was so professional during the pictures. She was kind and unobtrusive. Her photos (of other weddings) are positively beautiful. Several guests commented how kind she was. She was GREAT!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Ali B

Where do I even begin? Faith is OUTSTANDING. Working with her was such a joy and one of the best memories of that day. Her and Jefferson are such a great team and make you feel completely comfortable and confident. I highly recommend doing an engagement shoot with her, you get a... Read More feel for how you two work and the style of photos - it makes the wedding day so much more fun! Faith is sweet in her direction and knows what she wants and what will make you look beautiful. She captures moments that you don't even know are there, and candids that have no captions, just pure happiness and love. She doesn't do 'cheesy' poses, everything is so authentic and real. I spent hours and hours comparing vendors and looking through galleries and immediately fell in love with her work. I just received our USB drive and the photos are stunning. From the light, the tone, the romantic softness, everything is perfect. Jefferson will capture the guys while you get ready with the girls, and from those moments on everything is photographed in a beautiful way. If you are reading this review, you are already on the right track, you will love Faith!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Parissa K

Faith is extremely talented and passionate about what she does. I could see that in her photographs-- each photo made me swoon and I just knew I had to go with her for my wedding. It turned out to be one of the best decisions I made for the wedding! My husband was also very... Read More impressed that I found such an amazing photographer! The pictures that Faith took for our wedding came out absolutely incredible. We had a very long shot list, as well as large family group shots etc. Faith captured everything I wanted and more. She caught many moments of my guests that I missed, and am so happy it was caught on camera. I was worried about not knowing how to pose for the couple portraits, but once we were there, Faith & Jefferson made us feel so comfortable and they just took over telling us exactly what to do. They knew what they were doing because the pictures came out stunning! Besides her wonderful talent, she's a lovely person and so sweet. She really goes above and beyond for her brides. I didn't have a wedding planner, so she helped me out with recommending vendors and helping me plan out the timeline for the day. She has so much experience that she will tell you exactly what you need to hear. I didn't realize this when I was planning my wedding, but on the day, you spend a lot of time with your photographer, and I am so glad it was her. Not only did I enjoy her company, she was a very calming presence when things got stressful. My husband, my mom, my sister etc, all of us were so happy with Faith and how the photos came out-- we all agree that they were one of the best vendors we chose for the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 laura m

When we got engaged, I knew the first vendor we needed to book was Faith Dugan Photography. We met Faith and Jefferson when they photographed our friend’s wedding. I loved Faith and Jefferson’s personalities and style. Such nice, extremely talented people! Faith could also be a... Read More 5-star wedding planner. She has such a talent for attention to detail and helped me vision my entire wedding, not just the photos. Faith was the first person to call me after news broke that Atlantic Beach Club was sold to Longwood Venues. I am so thankful for Faith’s advice as we stayed with the new company and had our reception at the beautifully-renovated, brand new Longwood Venue Newport Beach House. During our first meeting, Faith had so many suggestions for photo options as well as suggestions for cake vendors and florists. I loved that Faith knows Newport so well. Even as a native Rhode Islander, Faith suggested photo locations and ideas that I would not have thought of. Faith and Jefferson were wonderful the day of the wedding, from the prep to the church to the reception. They were professional and fun and made the family and bridal party photos go so smoothly. At the reception, they captured all the important moments and pulled us aside at the right times for outdoor venue photos. Once the dancing began, you did not even know they were there, that is until we received the link for our online gallery. Faith and Jefferson did not miss a detail. They beautifully captured the most important moments of our wedding day and we are forever thankful. Faith and Jefferson have so much knowledge and experience photographing weddings and it shows in the quality of their work and the number of beautiful photos that we received to remember our wedding day. If you are looking for down-to-earth, professional wedding photographers and beautiful photos, these two are the best around!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Rachel S

Working with Faith and Jefferson for our wedding was an absolute pleasure!! Faith made me and my husband feel so comfortable and it really showed in the beautiful images she captured. Having her around did not feel like having a stranger documenting the day, but more like having... Read More a very talented friend sharing a very special day with us. Truly a pleasure.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016

Faith was the absolute PERFECT photographer for our wedding this past May in Rhode Island. She was very professional and incredibly kind and helped make everyone feel comfortable and happy. She was able to capture many intimate moments without being noticed or intrusive. One of... Read More our main desires was to have photos taken outside in front of the water and the property and she was eager (despite the rain) to get us out there and capture these beautiful photos that we will cherish forever. My husband and I can do nothing but smile when we look at the incredible photos she took of our special day. I would absolutely recommend her to any future brides and grooms and I would love to be able to have her as a photographer for any other major events in my life.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Bianca A

My husband and I got married at Castle Hill Inn in Newport RI in August 2015. We used Faith for our rehearsal dinner photos and full day wedding photography and could not be more happy with the results of her and her husbands work! Picking a wedding photographer is one of the... Read More most stressful vendors because you will be interacting with them the entire day of your wedding and they are creating memories of your perfect day that you will cherish forever so you want to work with someone who is easy to work with but also has an amazing eye for photography and is an artist. With Faith & Jefferson you have both! Faith is so sweet and working with her before, during and after our wedding is like working with your best friend. She was so easy to talk to during the planning process of our wedding and was so interested in every detail of our wedding before we even hired her. Throughout the planning process, I would email for advice on vendors and she was always so quick to respond and so helpful! On our wedding day my bridesmaids absolutely loved her and she made it so easy to act naturally in front of the camera for our bridal prep pictures. For our first look, her and Jefferson did an amazing job at setting up the area/getting the best lighting and taking amazing pictures without ruining the authenticity of my husband and I seeing each other for the first time. Our ceremony and reception pictures were absolute perfection and they captured every moment and more of what we had envisioned. Faith's work speaks for itself (stunning)!! We couldn't be more happy with the results of our photos. Thank you Faith and Jefferson for the beautiful photos and album which we will cherish forever! Bianca & Mike

Perfectly Captured Every Moment!

Reviewed on 1/22/2016 Jennifer S

It is hard to put words around just how amazing it was to have Faith and Jefferson photograph our wedding. I had been a fan of Faith Dugan Photography long before I was engaged. Being an amateur photographer who loves Newport, I originally found Faith's blog when looking to find... Read More neat spots in Newport to take nature shots. Fast forward to getting engaged, there was no question in my mind who I wanted to trust with photographing our engagement shoot and wedding. When we had our engagement shoot with Faith, we had an absolute blast. She has an infectious smile and personality that makes you feel like you have known her for years. By the time the wedding rolled around, I felt like I had a friend shooting my wedding, not a vendor. And the dynamic between Faith and Jefferson during the wedding was great. On a day that is a complete whirlwind, we still remember Jefferson cracking jokes and my stomach hurting from laughing too hard, and him and Faith made everyone so comfortable during the day - which is reflected in the natural smiles and laughter that was captured through their lenses. And the pictures...well...let's just say we don't have enough wall space in my house to feature just our favorites. We agonized over picking just a couple pictures for the Save the Date from the engagement shoot and know selecting the pictures for our album will be a challenge as well! We didn't hire a videographer and didn't need to. Every single detail, special moment and big moments were captured amazingly. I would highly, highly, highly recommend Faith Dugan Photography to any bride. She is not only a true professional and artist but an awesome person to work with and someone you can trust entirely to perfectly capture the most important day of your life.

Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessica B

Faith and Jefferson were the perfect compliment to our perfect day they were there for most of the day, capturing little moments that may seem unimportant at that time but end up being perfect memories that will keep us laughing. The best aspect of the way they worked together... Read More was how organized they were. They wanted to make sure they got every picture they could while also letting us truly enjoy ourselves and not making it feel like work. After it was all over, my wife and I talked about how natural it felt to have them there. They really fit in with everyone at our wedding. They just happened to have cameras on them. Everything they did was planned and for a reason. I can't count how many times they asked us if we were alright and if we needed anything. Without them there, our wedding day would not have been what it was. The end result was 1600 beautiful, funny, tear jerking pictures that we will enjoy forever. Faith and Jefferson take the stress out of taking pictures on your wedding day and actually make it a fun and entertaining experience. Simply put, they exceeded all of our expectations.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lindsey C

Being from New York and planning a wedding in Rhode Island was not an easy task. The search for the right vendors, particularly a photographer was difficult. Faith was recommended to me by a friend who got married in Newport a few years ago. From the moment we spoke on the phone... Read More I knew she was the perfect fit for us. She is sweet, kind, friendly, easy going and EXTREMELY knowledgeable. Faith has a variety of packages which works for couples who are on a budget, but also has a lot to offer for those looking for extras. Throughout the whole planning process Faith was a quick email away for any questions I had (even non-photography related). She was prompt and thorough with her responses and always flexible in arranging meetings during our visits to Rhode Island. She had so many good ideas and pointers for us, especially a suggestion on a place to rent to take pictures beforehand in case of rain (which came in handy because it POURED). On the day of our wedding, I couldn't have been more happy with our decision. Faith and Jefferson were AMAZING, they had such a calm demeanor and made us feel at ease. It felt like we had two friends taking pictures of us. We felt so comfortable around them and hardly noticed they were there yet they managed to capture so many special moments of the day! We were thrilled with how our pictures came out. Our family and friends still rave about how sweet and awesome they both were. Having Faith as our photographer was hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding, I could not imagine having anyone else. Working with her might be the only thing I miss from the wedding planning process. I cannot say enough great things about her!!!

The best of the best!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Danielle G

Having Faith and her husband Jefferson as photographers for our wedding was the best decision I could have ever made. I stressed over picking a photographer for months. I did all the research one could possibly do until I found Faith Dugan Photography. I knew the minute I saw... Read More her pictures that they were more than just images, they were art. During our sit down meeting with Faith in her new office I knew right away she was the one I wanted to capture our big day. It was like talking to a friend, not a vendor! She was sweet and funny and it made me feel like we were in good hands. The day of our wedding my 3 yr old son and my dog were less than cooperative when it came to pictures but from the images you would never know it. Not one moment was missed and it literally took me days to go through our online gallery. Every time I thought I saw a picture that took my breath away, the next page had even more. My husband and I will cherish these pictures for the rest of our lives. I highly recommend you sit down with Faith so you can see just what an amazing business she has grown for herself. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jennifer C

Faith and Jefferson are so much more then just "the photographers". Their work speaks for itself so I'll tell you more about what its like to have them at your wedding. Faith carries a "little bag of tricks" and I somehow needed EVERYTHING in this said bag! A crochet hook for... Read More the 1,001 buttons on the back of my dress? (My sister forgot to pack this. She has a 2-year old so something small like that slipped her mind) Shoutwipes for the grass stains when my dad stepped on my dress? Faith had them and wiped each & every stain off my dress, making it pristine white again. Fashion tape for the bridesmaids AND groomsmen pants? Yep. She even had these handy-dandy little things called "veil weights", which literally saved the day when my veil was blowing all over the place and making me incredibly irritated. Faith snapped these pretty jeweled magnetic weights on my weight which magically kept it down during our photos & ceremony. My bridesmaids wore full length gowns with a hook & eye style bustle. The bustles all broke after the first hour of our wild dance party. Faith had oversized safety pins and created an on-the-fly french style bustle which stayed the entire night…better then the one that came with the dress! I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have her each and every step of the way. Jefferson pinned all the boutonnieres on our dads & groomsmen when the florist basically just dropped the flowers and ran. He also folded all the guys pocket squares and straighten bow ties all day long. My husband doesn't enjoy smiling for tons of photos (what guy does??) Jefferson was quick with a joke, kept the photo session fun & upbeat all while Faith moved through my many requested family combinations. Thank you Faith & Jefferson for all you have done for us and continue to do. Can't wait to design our album with you this winter!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Marissa P

Booking Faith Dugan Photography for our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made! Faith and Jefferson are extremely talented photographers and are such nice people! Throughout the wedding planning process, I often went to Faith for questions and advice. She always went... Read More above and beyond to answer any questions I had, and her recommendations really helped to make our wedding day perfect. We hired Faith to capture both our engagement session and our wedding day. On both occasions, the weather was not fully cooperating. We had gotten married in Newport, RI on April 4th, and although the sun was shining, it was an exceptionally windy day. Standing out on the docks, with my hair and veil blowing all over the place, I was really worried with how the pictures were going to turn out. Thanks to Faith and Jefferson, the pictures came out better than we could have ever imagined! They really are extremely talented and can make the most of any situation. Thanks to them, I have hundreds of beautiful photographs from our wedding day!! I highly recommend Faith Dugan Photography!

Wedding and Engagement Photos

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Melissa D

Faith and Jefferson took beautiful photos of our wedding and engagement session. Not only are they consummate professionals, but they are also incredibly warm and immediately put you at ease.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Emily L

Three months later and still haven't received our wedding pictures.. Find someone else.

Faith Rocks

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

My wife and I were married at Belle Mer in Newport this past July. The venue is amazing so we knew that we needed a talented photographer. As soon as we met Faith we knew she was the perfect fit for our wedding. Faith and Jefferson felt like part of the family during the day of... Read More our wedding and we had an absolute blast with them. They were professional, energetic and FUN. After the wedding Faith would send out teasers on Facebook of our pictures while she was editing, which we thought was a great idea. Then we received our pictures and were completely blown away on how great they were. I would not change a single thing about our wedding day, especially our choice of Faith Dugan Photography, her and Jefferson are the best!

Our Expectations were FAR exceeded!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Casey B

Working with Faith and Jefferson on the wedding day was the most relaxed and happy experience! They were both extremely professional and my husband and I both felt as if they were our personal guests rather than our photographers! All of our bridal party and family members only... Read More have the most outstanding feedback about working with Faith and Jefferson as well! They made the entire process very easy and seamless for us, and made sure all of our important pictures were captured! They both went above and beyond to make the day perfect!!! Their love for what they do really shines through! Faith was super prepared for any hiccup that could have occurred and put myself and my bridesmaids at ease as soon as she began! Faith's ideas on where to shoot pictures were perfect and totally fit our style. We can't say enough wonderful things, LOVED working with Faith and Jefferson!!!!!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Emilie R

Faith really knows what she is doing when it comes to wedding photography. You will not have to worry about any little detail, which definitely makes the whole day go easier and more importantly lets you enjoy the day! All my photos are beautiful and I know I will be enjoying... Read More them for years to come.

Start a Conversation!