Unus Deus Ministries

As a Reformed Catholic Priest (& Interfaith Minister) I can help you create the ceremony of your dreams. It can be simple, traditional, complex or elaborate, AND at any location; Beaches, Lighthouses, Churches, Banquet Halls, a Park, even in your own home. And it can include anything you want, the only limit, is your imagination. I will custom write & perform, any type of Wedding Ceremony, with no limitations! I also Marry Couples from Out-of-State, who come into MA just to get married. BTW, I've been married to my High School Sweetheart for 37 years, so I know a little about what makes a Marriage work. Check out my PINTEREST Page for some of the Option you have!: https://www.pinterest.com/fatherlenny/ Blessings and a Ton of Hugs! Father Lenny

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Muslim, Secular, Spiritual, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

66 Morgan Drive, Taunton, MA MA, RI & Others (508) 523-6341

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Nicole T

Father Lenny, we wouldn't have wanted or could have imagined another person officiating our ceremony! You were amazing and made our wedding so special and fun. Since our first meeting with Father Lenny, my husband and I instantly fell in love him and his wife, Kathy. We spent... Read More three hours just sitting in their home talking and getting to know them, however it felt like we knew them for years! They were the most down to earth, kind couple we had ever met. It was a no-brainer that we have Father Lenny perform our wedding ceremony. He made our ceremony special to us and our relationship. When it came time to the day of our wedding, Father Lenny came into the bridal suite and introduced himself to my mother before the ceremony, and went to find my father as well. He even went and introduced himself to my husband's parents and say hi to all of our guests, welcoming everyone before the festivities began. During the ceremony, he made a time that there would be so many nerves and high emotions going on be fun and light hearted. He had all of the guests, and the entire wedding party laughing and crying tears of joy. All of our guests couldn't stop mentioning how beautiful of a ceremony it was and we have Father Lenny to thank for that. You made our wedding such a beautiful and memorable night. We are so happy to have had you as a part of our big day and will always remember you Lenny!!!! You are incredible and such a genuine and warm hearted soul. Thank you Father Lenny. Tyler and I are so appreciative of you and your beautiful wife, Kathy.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Brooke L

Our Best decision Ever !! Fr. Lenny goes above and beyond to get to know you! He takes his job very seriously, but brings Humor and Love to everything he does. We went over every option for our ceremony. He takes the time to find out what is important to you and custom tailors... Read More everything!! We did a run through of the whole Ceremony and he prepares you for the big day. F.r Lenny adds himself which is priceless. He's kind and funny!! He is quick to respond to any questions and will go above and beyond to capture your special day, the way You wanted!! He meets with you and listens to your thoughts, concerns, and if you don't know what you want, he will ask questions and offer options until all the ideas become your ceremony. He's very kind and has this way about him, that always makes you comfortable. His attention to detail and care of you and what you want is of most importance to him! Our guests raved about the ceremony. It was touching and funny. It was something so different then anyone has seen before, that it kept everyone's attention! Lenny truly cares about each and every detail. After reading his other reviews, I knew I wanted to meet him, but after meeting with him, and his wife Kathy, and spending time with them, I knew I had to have him for our Ceremony! Positive energy, kindness and happiness, just radiate from Fr. Lenny! He sincerely loves doing this. It's not a job for him, it's a Love, and it shows. He truly wants to make your day, special for you, and I couldn't imagine having anyone else for my big day!! He simply is the best, not only at his job, but as a person!! Thanks for everything Lenny!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Nicole S

Our Wedding Day was August 26th 2017, we had the best wedding ever. Lenny really helped our day go off with out a hitch and he made us smile from ear to ear from cracking small little jokes to just being serious and making sure we are happy. through out the whole process he made... Read More sure that we are "friends" and makes sure that you are happy and comfortable with him he is all around great person. our ceremony went really well and no mistakes he got everything the way we wanted and made sure everything was perfect. all my guest complimented him and said he was fun,funny and good humored and not to long or drawn out. my husband and i are not religious but he added a nice spin to our ceremony to make sure that it was religious but not to over the top for us. if you are considering someone to marry you for your wedding look no further lenny is THE MAN!! even with how busy he is he always makes time for even your stupid anxious bride questions. i always have alot of question and no point did he ever make me feel anxious or worried at all :) thanks lenny for all you do and continue to help me to this day your a great person and NEVER loose touch :)

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Allison F

Father Lenny is THE best! We were married on August 5th, and there is not enough space to describe how wonderful of an experience it was having Fr. Lenny preside over our ceremony. He brought professionalism, class, experience, and a great overall vibe to our special day. He... Read More kept it light but never cheesy, and he made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. So many of our guests came to us after the ceremony and told us how special it was and how great of a job Fr. Lenny did. He helped customize the type of ceremony we wanted, from the readings to the handfasting ritual, and he made us feel so confident it would go well. We met with him several times before the rehearsal, and it has been great to build a relationship with him and his wonderful wife Kathy. We plan on staying in touch with them for many years to come.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Kayla T

Father Lenny made our wedding ceremony so memorable. The time and thought he put into writing our ceremony was so evident, it was simply beautiful. He took the time to meet with us prior to the wedding to begin to design a ceremony unique to us as a couple. In the months leading... Read More up to the wedding he was so patient and wrote several different drafts of our ceremony as we thought of new ideas. He was always so prompt in responding to emails! Many of our family and friends have already asked for his information for their own weddings as they were also so impressed!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Melanie H

As we arrived for our first meeting/consultation with Father Lenny, another couple was leaving and remarked that we were “going to love him!”…and they were definitely right! Father Lenny is warm and caring, and has a great sense of humor, which was important to us. We did not... Read More want our ceremony to feel too “stuffy”…we hoped for something lighthearted, yet very personal and meaningful. When we sat down to discuss our ceremony with Father Lenny, it was quickly evident that it was going to be everything we wanted. He took a true interest in us as individuals and as a couple, and used our conversations to inform the content our ceremony. He designed it to reflect our personalities and everything we had been through together to make it truly meaningful to us. Everything from the blessings and prayers to the unity wine ceremony to the readings were perfectly “us”. He did a lovely (and memorable!) dinner blessing for us, as well. Even though our wedding is over, we still see and get together with Father Lenny (and his wonderful wife, Kathy) regularly. They are really wonderful people. We can’t recommend Father Lenny highly enough!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Angelina M

We used Father Nelson for our wedding in 7/22/17 and he did an amazing job. We had met with him several times before and really enjoyed is personality. He wrote our wedding and vows and it was unique and beautiful. I highly recommend him!!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Laura S

Father Lenny was wonderful! We are so grateful he was available for our wedding date. 5 Stars! Thank You Father Lenny for an amazing ceremony!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Paula D

I don't have words to describe how happy I'm with Father Lenny ceremony. he was a God send. me and my husband are Catholic but I was divorced before and for my very Catholic family it was a big deal get married in the church. I told my mother that father Lenny was from Reformed... Read More Catholic but she was OK with it. She said you need God's blessing this time I don't care if is a reformed priest or pastor. Our first meeting with father Lenny was set up for one hour but the conversation was so relaxing that when we notice, three hours had passed by. My ceremony had one hour delay and father Lenny waited gracefully and patiently. All my guest loved him and how funny he is and because of that the ceremony was relaxing and less stressful. Thank so much Father Lenny.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jennifer W

Fr Lenny immediately made us feel comfortable from the very first email communication. He is so incredibly warm and giving, it oozes out of everything he does. We really got along with him very well and completely enjoyed his involvement with our wedding, from early prep... Read More dinners to having fun at our reception. We were looking to have a combined interfaith Catholic/Jewish wedding. In the hunt for a rabbi who could accommodate that, Fr Lenny suggested Rabbi Richard Messing with whom he has worked several interfaith ceremonies. Fr Lenny was also incredibly prompt with his communication and work, much more so than most vendors we worked with, so that was lovely. Also, he and his wife Kathy were such a joy to include in our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception, our families loved them! Fr Lenny really listened to us regarding what we wanted to incorporate into our ceremony – and there was a lot! He went above and beyond to write/construct a beautifully integrated wedding ceremony for him and the rabbi to perform together that reflected both of our backgrounds along with including exactly how we wanted to represent the handling our combined faiths moving forward. He also guided us through the marriage license process, as well as how to properly execute various Catholic and Jewish traditions during the ceremony. Our guests were bowled over by how beautiful and special our wedding ceremony was. Most comments included something like “That was so unique and amazing, I’ve never seen anything like that before!”. My ONLY issue with Father Lenny was that a lot of guests sitting starting halfway back of the Boston Museum of Science's Pavillion (ceremony location) were unable to hear quite a bit of what he was saying during the ceremony. This was definitely due in part to the museum’s microphone system not working properly, but also part of that seemed to have come from a bit of performance nervousness by him where some bits were slightly rushed or quiet. However, we could hear every word and were able to easily follow his lead. Fr Lenny’s overwhelmingly kind nature and unique knowledge of navigating the matrimonial waters made the decision to hire him so incredibly easy. He is extremely professional, sincere, eager, thoughtful, funny, caring, and always positive! Given his special affiliation with the Reformed Catholic Church International, we were very lucky to find in him a Catholic priest who is fully ordained and incardinated yet unencumbered by the Roman Catholic Church’s strict rules about marriage partners and ceremony locations.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Kara N

Fr. Lenny was Awesome He made us feel comfortable from the first time we met with him. He and his wife (Kathy) were easy to talk to, and He made sure to get to know us on a personal level before writing the ceremony. Father Lenny was also easy to get in touch with via (Phone... Read More call, Text, eMial, Facebook, Twitter and even Instagram). He also made us feel comfortable in knowing that it was okay to change anything in the ceremony, at any time, to fit our needs the best. He then made sure to have us review the ceremony for any comments and was open to adding or taking things out to meet our needs. Our guests really enjoyed the ceremony. We got a lot of compliments about Father Lenny being able to break the ice and read the crowd to ensure that people enjoyed a quick, personal, yet funny ceremony. He was serious when apropriate and yet added some funny one-liners at teh perfect moments. Because we did not get married in a church, we were looking for someone who could provide a Catholic ceremony outside of the church. Upon meeting him, Father Lenny was open and friendly and we knew he would be a great fit for what we were looking for. And he Was!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Lauren A

Our Wedding was the Best Day of our Lives Fr. Lenny made us feel very comfortable from the moment we meet. He thoroughly explained the different ceremony options and gave us great advice. After talking with us a couple times, he was able to get a feel of what we were looking... Read More for in our ceremony and helped create the perfect wedding day for us. He took the time to tell about his past experiences using the different ceremony options and Whatever options we picked, he made sure it was customized to have a personal meaning to us. Fr. Lenny was so very easy to communicate with. He made us feel at home, and we felt like we had known him, and his wife Kathy, for a long time. It was a pleasure to meet Fr. Lenny and have him be such a big part of our lives. We were really nervous during teh Ceremony, but Fr. Lenny made us so relaxed and comfortable by making a few jokes and he was even nice enough to wipe the sweat from the grooms forehead. He did these things in a wonderful and successful attempt at making the ceremony as comfortable as possible for not only us, but all our guests too. He received rave reviews from all our guests. The guests enjoyed the ceremony and the different option we used kept everyone's attention. It was everything we wanted and more. The best comment we heard was that Fr. Lenny managed to keep everyone engaged thru the entire ceremony by making it meaningful, humorous, and personal. It was like having one of our close friends marry us. Thank You so much Fr. Lenny.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Caylee D

We are both Catholic, raised Catholic, but don't quite identify with it any longer. We knew we were getting married outside, but still wanted something more than a Justice of the Peace. Father Lenny fit the bill. He cared enough to have multiple meetings with us, to get to know... Read More us. We learned about the "Reformed Catholic Church" and it fit with what we wanted- a short ceremony that revolved around us, rather than the church. He respected our beliefs and did not judge the fact that we didn't want a heavily religious ceremony. He makes the ceremony about you and what you want. He even allowed my husband's Albanian side tradition (Orthodox crowns) to be incorporated into our ceremony. We are grateful to have found him :) He made our day very special.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Amanda N

Father Lenny Was AWESOME! He was always available to answer any of our questions, any time day or night, and he went out of his way to meet us in person. He always worked his schedule to accommodate ours. He was very funny. A few times during the ceremony, when we were... Read More really nervous, he would make jokes, which helped Will and I, and he kept us calm and relaxed during the ceremony! Fr. Lenny worked with us to make sure everything we wanted was included in our ceremony. He also worked with me personally to write something special in remembrance of my Mom. It was wonderful and everyone loved it. All our guests loved the ceremony. They said things like it was very sweet and personalized and it made them laugh and cry at the same time. Father Lenny also stopped to wipe the sweat off of Will's forehead right after his vows, which was a big hit. After we met Father Lenny and his wife Kathy, in person, we were so comfortable and we new he would be the perfect person to perform the ceremony. He was very professional and nice, and really calmed our nerves. We are so happy we chose him! Thank you Father Lenny!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Marisa S

We had been looking for someone to perform our Wedding Ceremony who was Religious, but not too Religious; Someone who could make it a fun Ceremony yet be serious when it needed to be. We were about to give up because there was No one who could to all those things, UNTIL we found... Read More Father Lenny and we knew it was a Sign!! After meeting with him just once, we were even more sure he was perfect for us! From the moment we met, Father Lenny and his wife Kathy, made us feel like we were apart of their family! They invited us into their home to discuss every detail about us. He didn't just ask about the Ceremony, he asked about how we met, got engaged and even things like who Marisa took with her to pick out her Wedding Gown. He listened, took notes and after, wrote our personalized ceremony, which was perfect. We didn't really know what we wanted for a ceremony, but Father Lenny's questions walked us thru the process until he had all the information he needed to write the ceremony, and it was a fun process. We had no idea how many options there were and had never hear of many of the options, but they were perfect for us. After writing the Ceremony, he sent it to us so we could read thru it. It was exactly what we had wanted, even though we didn't really know what we wanted. Then, after it was all set, he invited us back to do a complete walk-thru, so we knew exactly what would happen at the ceremony! All the guests loved every part of the ceremony! After the ceremony, our friends and family kept telling us how much they enjoyed the ceremony, how they laughed, cried and everything in between. It was Funny at parts, Serious at others and yet so relaxed, it was perfect. Having father Lenny as an Officiant, was like having a Good friend doing our ceremony. From our talks and visits, we got to really know Fr. Lenny & his wife Kathy, and they got to know us. By the time the ceremony came around, they felt to us like family, and that was something we never expected. They are still friends today.

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Jessica X

Father Lenny made us feel very comfortable by meeting with us at his home to learn more about our personalities and about exactly what we wanted in our wedding ceremony. He kept in contact with us to make sure that we were ready and comfortable with everything that would happen... Read More that day. On the day of the wedding, he checked in with me a couple of times as I waited in the Limo. He wanted to make sure I was calm and knew that everything was going to go smoothly. Fr. Lenny brought some of his own personality to the ceremony. This was great because it felt as though a family friend was marrying us. He made us and our guests, feel like it was a very personal, yet still fun ceremony. We are very fun-loving people so it was great to add a few laughs in there! Fr. Lenny had invited us over sit and talk with us, and we were there for hours having a great time. We couldn’t believe how fast the time went. On the first visit, we didn’t necessarily talk about the wedding or the ceremony. Instead he asked about us, our relationship and what we like to do, and what we like about each other. He also kept in touch via email so that we really got to know one another. He used what he had learned about us to create a beautiful, personalized ceremony that blew everyone away. We have been receiving compliments about how beautiful the ceremony was from my family and friends for months now. They really enjoyed the spiritual aspect without being too much of a religious ceremony. The best comment we have received about Fr. Lenny, was that one of our guests thought we had known Fr. Lenny for many years. They were surprised to know that we had only known each other for a couple of months. I liked this comment because it shows how personal he is, and that he really tries to get to know the couple. This ISN’T just a Job for Fr. Lenny, he Truly Loves writing and performing weddings, and it shows in everything he does

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Katey B

Our venue recommended Father Lenny, and we highly recommend him. We were very happy with our ceremony. He made us laugh, kept us relaxed, was very poised and tactful. The ceremony was personal and individualized. He really put a lot of time and thought into making it our... Read More ceremony. We were very happy!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Jessica D

Fr. Lenny is amazing!! By far the most difficult task about our wedding planning was finding the right officiant. We knew we wanted a fun ceremony with a touch of our catholic faith. We got exactly that. He was so comforting and personal that it really felt as though a family... Read More friend was performing our ceremony. He made all of the guest, and myself, laugh and cry and smile the whole time. He is just so wonderful, I can't say enough about how happy I am to have chosen him.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kristine R

Due to character limitations, see https://www.yelp.com/review_share/5fhHFKSy--EHjB3f0VnrvA/review/k9i4y0T30KKG6crcMp3JPA for a full review. We frantically contacted Father Lenny 6 DAYS before our wedding after our original officiant fell ill. We found Father Lenny on The Knot... Read More - and he was willing and able to rearrange his schedule to accommodate us? What a blessing! We met Father Lenny and his wife Kathy the next evening at their home in Taunton. From the moment we walked in, we felt so welcomed and loved. We sat and talked for hours about how we met, our relationship, our families and what we wanted out of our marriage. It really felt like no time has passed at all and suddenly it was 4 or 5 hours later! Later that night [or early that morning, depending how you look at it], Father Lenny emailed us a custom ceremony which was EXACTLY what we hoped our wedding would be. Father Lenny’s laid back sense of humor really helped push out any and all wedding nervous we had inside & we were able to truly relax and enjoy every second of our wedding day. My husband and I are so very grateful for Father Lenny [and Kathy too!]. The number of guests who asked us if he was our childhood priest was astounding. Throughout our ceremony, our guests saw genuine compassion and love from Father Lenny and assumed he had known us for years. They were shocked that we had met him just four days earlier! Father Lenny & Kathy will continue to be a part of our lives for many, many years to come. We are so fortunate to have found such compassion and love in a time we really needed it. From the very first email to the very last hug, Father Lenny and Kathy made us feel like family. And they’ll both now forever be a part or ours. There aren’t enough stars to convey our gratitude. “The Lord Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen.” [Isaiah 14:24 NIV]

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jessica B

Fr. Lenny was on our preferred vendor list from the International in Bolton, MA. My husband and I found working with a reformed Catholic Priest appealing as we were both raised Catholic, but did not want to have a church ceremony. We had two meetings with Fr. Lenny and his... Read More wife Kathy leading up to the wedding. We went to their home and were greeted like family. We spent hours talking to them both and having lunch. They are both terrific people who make you feel right at home. Fr. Lenny also has a way with words and wrote a beautiful ceremony for us as well as our vows. We picked the wine box, wine, and flower ceremonies to be incorporated. Our guests felt as though our ceremony was so personal. I could not recommend Fr. Lenny enough or say enough great things about him and his wife.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Janice K

Father Lenny and his wife Kathy were both wonderful to work with. They treated us like family and were totally invested in the preparation and celebration of our marriage! Father Lenny is the type of person who so clearly cares about others that it comes across in every... Read More interaction. He helped lighten the mood and calm our nerves along the way right through the conclusion of our fantastic ceremony Father Lenny helped design and write our ceremony after spending time getting to know my wife and I. During the ceremony, he ad-libbed several times which added levity to our interaction and truly allowed us to be our best when it mattered most Everyone commented about the beauty and heart-felt nature of the ceremony. Many of our guests were older and had attended numerous prior weddings of all sorts. However, the most common comment we received was that ours was “the best wedding” they had ever attended. Father Lenny was integral in creating such an environment! Father Lenny was referred to us by a local pastor. We could not have been any happier to have him help us celebrate our marriage. We will always consider he and Kathy as our friends and part of our extended family!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Erin S

First, Father Lenny was a pleasure to talk to. He genuinely seemed to want to know us as individuals and as a couple. During the ceremony the flower girl stated, “I’m thirsty!” Fr. Lenny stopped, pulled out a water bottle from under the table and passed it to her. It was very... Read More funny, and very nice that he did that, rather than keep going, or let a bridesmaid handle it. I don’t know where to start with the Ceremony. The whole thing was written for US! We wanted a family ceremony but not of the typical “medallion” that most people have. He wrote it for us, but then was very receptive to our changes – which for this particular one there were many. He also rewrote the wine part until he was happy with it as well as us. He emailed us draft after draft, used the names /nicknames we wanted, incorporated our parents, the whole thing went perfect. Our Guests said the Ceremony was beautiful, prefect, etc. MAN,Y MANY positive comments were heard, and told to us again afterwards about the ceremony being wonderful! We wanted a priest, we wanted more of a religious aspect rather that just a JP. We also wanted more than just a standard, routine, boring repeat after me, that is common. FR. Lenny let us – encouraged us really, to make it our own rather than that same wedding you go to with a different bride and groom, but same script. Father Lenny makes it OUR Own!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Meghan H

We are so happy that we chose Father Lenny to officiate our wedding. He and his wife Kathy welcomed us into their home and made us feel very comfortable. Although we both had day of nerves, he has a great sense of humor that put us at ease and gave our guests a few laughs.... Read More You will not be disappointed if you choose Father Lenny!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Chelsea C

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! We are so happy that we chose Father Lenny as our wedding officiant. Our ceremony was created from scratch to match exactly what we were looking for. He gave us plenty of options and suggestions, and was happy to adjust according to our wishes. He did a... Read More perfect job during our ceremony. Fr. Lenny went out of his way to get to know us, and we felt like we knew him forever. Above all, our relationship with Father Lenny & his wife was unexpected. They are two very genuine and caring people. They got to know us as individuals and as a couple. They will be a lifelong source of advise, support and friendship. We couldn't thank Fr. Lenny enough and highly recommend him to others.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Greg C

We couldn’t have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding. He was witty, kind, and whenever he showed his big smile, everyone was put at ease. He was terrific in every sense of the word! What a kind soul! He memorized the entire ceremony, he wasn’t reading from a... Read More script, which impressed everyone and the inflections in his voice kept everyone listening. He delivered the ceremony powerfully, but took the time to pause when appropriate. I will never forget him announcing me to kiss my beautiful bride. Every single thing, every quote, every reading, every one-liner joke, WAS Sarah and I. He couldn’t have made it more “us”. It was obvious he loves what he does and he is so very good at it. Almost every guest commented on Lenny; how funny he was, how he kept the ceremony exciting and interesting and how much fun it was. They loved the hand-fasting cerement he performed; no one had ever seen that before even though it was part of our Irish heritage. The fact that he even considered both our heritages when writing the ceremony, made it even more special, even more so for our families. We found him on The Knot. What really stood out for us, was his kind face. He was smiling wide and we could see he was a gentle soul, which turned to be so true. We knew he was the one we wanted to write and perform our ceremony after meeting him the 1st time!

Father Lenny Nelson

Hi, I'm Father Lenny, a Reformed Catholic Priest, and Multi-Faith Minister. I love writing custom ceremonies; those that are unique to you and your Fiancé, and keep the Guests intrigued. It doesn't matter if you've been married before, if you're of different Religions, Faiths, Ethnicities or even if you're a same sex couple! Everyone is Welcome! Aside from being a Priest, I'm also Chaplain for the Taunton Police Department, A Decon Specialist for the Nuclear Power Plant, a Taunton Emergency Management Agency Volunteer, a 32nd Degree Freemason and a member of numerous Community Coalitions.