Book Your Wedding with Felicity Church

Engaged couples in Louisiana looking for a church-style setting for a wedding ceremony and reception appreciate Felicity Church located in New Orleans' Lower Garden District. For over a century, the building provided church services for the community until damage from Hurricane Katrina left it uninhabitable. Now restored and reopened, Felicity Church operates as a nondenominational sanctuary for weddings and other events. Brick construction and Gothic Revival architecture provide character to the exterior and interior spaces offer elegant details while allowing couples to put their own personal stamp on their celebration.

The Sanctuary. Design features in The Sanctuary include brick walls, exposed beams, graceful drop lighting, distressed wood flooring, stained glass and decorative wood accents. This space accommodates 300 guests for a ceremony and cocktail reception and 150 guests for seated dinner service.

The Fellowship Hall. Located downstairs from The Sanctuary, The Fellowship Hall features exposed beams and brick, vintage Edison lighting and polished concrete floors. This room often houses guests for cocktail hour while The Sanctuary transforms from ceremonial area to reception hall. Adjacent to this space are the venue's restrooms and prep kitchen.

Prenuptial pairs who book Felicity Church enjoy access to two floors, the loft and the outdoor courtyard. Rental comes with a time window of one hour for the ceremony and four hours for a post-nuptials celebration. All events must end no later than 10 p.m.

Couples must provide their own wedding planner, caterer and other vendors and the site gladly provides recommendations. Furniture supplied for event use by the venue includes 20 wooden church pews, 30 high-top tables and 60 folding chairs.

Felicity Church was originally constructed before the arrival of the automobile, so parking is limited to spaces on the street. The venue recommends buses and streetcars or the use of Uber and taxis for transportation of wedding guests.

Reservation of Felicity Church requires a signed contract and a deposit of 50 percent of the total rental fee. For more information about alcohol policies, permitted decorations and other inquiries, couples can contact the venue directly by phone or through their website.

When it comes to choosing a wedding venue, all to-be-weds appreciate extra amenities. Special perks offered by Felicity Church include:

• A dressing room for wedding preparation
  • Generous 12-hour access for deliveries, setup and breakdown from noon until midnight
  • A security officer for the reception
  • A complimentary rehearsal scheduled according to availability
  • An allowance for a DJ or band if music is played at an appropriate level
  • Use of two floors for wedding photos
  • An option for hosting an engagement party or rehearsal dinner on site
  • ADA accessibility

More than just a Church.

Built in 1888, Felicity Church is steeped in New Orleans History. Felicity is a nondenominational sanctuary of truth and acceptance. Come as you are, love as you will and write your own story. We are proud to welcome couples from all nations, all religions, all traditions, and all orientations. Our doors are open to you and yours; whomever they may be. We host ceremonies and receptions in our authentically restored sanctuary, patio, and hall.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Church

Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

1220 Felicity St, New Orleans, LA (504) 457-8513

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Amy B

Felicity Church exceeded all of my husband's and my expectations for our ceremony and reception. Throughout every stage of planning, Chris promptly responded to my questions and was incredibly helpful in imparting tips from his experience with the venue. My husband and I chose... Read More Felicity Church for our wedding because of both the gravity and warmth that the space exudes. We love that it pays homage to its history through careful architectural restoration, while it also entails modern conveniences (like an elevator for anyone who can't make it up the stairs, terrific lighting, modern restrooms, an enormous ice maker and kitchen, and great A/C--a must in NOLA!). The venue truly speaks for itself and elevated what was already such an unbelievably special milestone. As a bonus, we were able to keep our flowers and other decor relatively classic/simple because of the grandeur of the space. The venue also gets AMAZING sunlight, particularly in the late afternoon. I distinctly remember rays of sunshine coming through the stained glass during our ceremony! Other logistics that we loved: we could choose our own vendors, which was a huge bonus to us! Chris kindly offered advice about vendors, but we weren't locked into any alcohol, food, floral, etc. vendors based on the venue's contracts. We found this to be rare compared to other New Orleans venues, and we loved this feature because it allowed us to really make our wedding our own by carefully curating our own details. Also, parking around the venue is a breeze if your guests drive. And for couples interested in doing a second line (and outdoor pictures), nearby Coliseum Square is gorgeous! One more quick note: we had a Jewish wedding, and people of many different faiths have gotten married in the space. Although the space is historically a church, it is now an all-accepting venue! I would recommend this venue a million times over!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Leia F

I had my dream wedding at Felicity Church in May 2017. This place is spectacular and was the perfect setting for our wedding. From the exposed brick and wooden beams, the cathedral ceilings and stained glass windows, to the gorgeous, rustic staircases, there is not one inch of... Read More this place that isn't picture-worthy. It has so much character that you don't need any extravagant decor. This was a destination wedding for majority of our guests so we wanted something that would capture the essence of New Orleans. Felicity Church did just that and so much more. We held our ceremony and reception here. The upstairs was flipped while he had a cocktail hour downstairs. We had almost 200 guests and the space was easily accommodating. Chris the owner was the greatest to work with. He made an otherwise stressful process as seamless as possible. Thank you Chris for sharing your lovely venue with us and creating memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Brittany T

The place is a dream. Like the dreams you can't even make up. It's the most beautiful venue I've ever stepped foot in, and to know that the owner, Chris and his wife put their hearts into it, is just the cherry on top. And the cherry on top of that cherry, is that they are the... Read More sweetest, most professional, most accommodating, most PERFECT people to work with. I would recommend Felicity Church to anyone and everyone. There is a 100% chance you will love it, and will have zero issues throughout the entire process because they are that amazing. They made our wedding dreams come true, and the venue was even more beautiful every time I walked in the door. I'd give more stars if I could!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Keeli R

Felicity Church was the most amazing venue we could have chosen. It is absolutely stunning in every way. Every time I walked through the doors I fell more and more in love with the place. Chris was fantastic and so easy to work with through out the multiple looks and bringing... Read More family to look at it and even doing my bridal shoot and a dance lesson before the big day at the church! And he let my dog be involved in the big day which was a plus! It has that church feel and old New Orleans feel as well which is exactly what I wanted. My guest raved about how gorgeous the space was and how cool flipping the pews to be the seat for the reception was instead of a bunch of chairs! So unique and for sure enhanced all the photos. Thank you again Chris. You helped make it the perfect wedding for Matt and I.

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Diandra K

Felicity Church was amazing! When we stepped into the venue I knew I didn’t want to look anywhere else. The open ceiling and beautiful windows won us over. We had our ceremony and reception in October 2017 and Chris and his team were on top of everything! He even reminded us of... Read More a few last minute wedding essentials. I always recommend brides-to-be to just go look at it. You will fall in love!

Reviewed on 2/15/2018 Felicia W

Fantastic venue for your not so average wedding! Plus Chris (the owner) was an incredible help throughout the process. The guests, the photographer, and videographer gushed on how unique and photogenic Felicity Church was. Best decision I made was to choose this venue.

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Jennifer C

My 5:30 pm wedding ceremony at Felicity last May was absolutely PERFECT (a word I use selectively), as was working with Chris. I cannot recommend enough - especially if you're wanting to get away from French Quarter and Central Business District and go for some Garden District... Read More charm. The building itself is an architectural gem. Besides offering the coolest and most charming venue in New Orleans (his renovation of the structure is simply jaw dropping; it drips of charm and photo-worthy nooks and crannies! And don't even get me started on the natural light...), Chris was unlike any wedding vendor I've ever met. Authentic and good-natured, solution-oriented, attentive and best of all...calm! In the high-strung world of wedding planning and all that is involved, Chris somehow does what he does effortlessly and with a sense of humor. I'll never forget sending him an email on a Saturday around 5p (when he was probably in the midst of coordinating another wedding!), asking about the width of the aisle, since it was decided last-minute my two brothers would walk me down the aisle. I'm not kidding you, 10 minutes later, he responded with an informative answer and even attached a photo of another bride walking down the aisle with two people, for extra assurance! This above-and-beyond responsiveness was so appreciated at the time. The beautiful, large windows were my favorite part of the ceremony, as the sunlight filling the room as you walk in is breathtakingly beautiful (and in my opinion, beats any hotel conference room). Another great thing about the space is that you really don't need to do a lot in terms of decor here, because the venue itself does most of the work for you. There is a quaint park with gorgeous trees nearby where I opted for pre-ceremony photos. My only regret is not bucketing enough time for photos at Felicity before guests arrived. They ended up being very rushed. Please ensure you carve out the appropriate time for photos here - there are too many beautiful spots throughout the church to not take advantage!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Brinkley S

We loved our wedding at Felicity Church! Not only is the space beautiful and unique, but Chris (the owner) is a dream to work with - flexible, very responsive, and just super nice all the way around. Our guests raved about the venue too! We couldn’t have been more pleased... Read More with our choice to have our wedding there. Thanks Chris!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Brinkley S

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Lulu C

Felicity Church was FABULOUS. We had our ceremony and reception here. If you're concerned about the shuffle of doing this, don't be! Chris and his team are pros and everything went down seamlessly. Aside from providing a truly stunning venue without match in the city, Chris was... Read More in general a great resource throughout the planning of our wedding. He put us at ease, pointed us in the direction of some great vendors, and was super responsive to our questions. If you're considering Felicity, go for it. You won't regret it, I pinky swear!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Arlisha N

Here is the deal, I am a historian. I have been studying history professionally for 10 years so I absolutely loved Felicity. My husband and I booked the venue unseen. My wedding planner described the space and that was it! Listen, I have not one regret! I walked in during... Read More the tour and I got chills. Chris was knowledgeable and didn't even get annoyed when I asked all of the weird "history" questions! I knew my reception would be great and I was right! Felicity was beautiful the day of. I still look at pictures in awe and I can't believe how gorgeous it was. And, listen, when the lights go down, you and your guests are in a different world. Speaking of guests, they will never stop talking about it! NEVER, I tell you! You and your partner will always be the "couple that had the great wedding/reception in the church!" Loved it!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Heather E

We had our wedding ceremony at Felicity Church last month and it exceeded all of our dreams and expectations! Chris, the owner, is a pleasure to work with. He is friendly, helpful and very responsive to any and all questions. Our guests are still commenting about how beautiful... Read More the space is! We used a string quartet for our ceremony music and the acoustics in the building added to the ambiance of the evening. We could not have found a better venue in New Orleans for our ceremony. We will cherish the memories we made there to start our life together. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Keely D

Best venue in Lower Garden-possibly all of NOLA. We had our wedding and reception at Felicity on 10/28/17. We fell in love with the venue when we first visited-they have done an amazing job at restoring this gorgeous old church while maintaining its classic style. The exposed... Read More brick, stain-glass windows, and polished concrete floors make the space feel so romantic and give it perfect lighting. In addition to the venue being spectacular, Chris is great to work with. He is friendly and accessible for all of your needs. The upstairs room was great for our 75 guest wedding (but could've fit more). We immediately had our second line following the ceremony-and Chris, our planners, and team flipped the space beautifully. I love that they have pews for the ceremony and then re-purpose them for seating during the reception. Chris can also provide up-lighting to set the mood during the reception-from dinner to dance party. Honestly just follow their instagram to see all the fabulous events and weddings they've put on. Its truly a one-in-a-million kind of venue. I feel so lucky we got to have our wedding there-definitely check it out. It books up fast!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Lydia B

I picked Felicity Church for my wedding ceremony because of the gorgeous light and all the beautiful details in the restored building. The space is so beautiful, it doesn't need much decoration. I only added a garland along the front rail and then embraced the original... Read More decoration of the historic building. Chris was wonderful to work with and flexible. We stopped in a few times in the months before the wedding, just to show off the beautiful venue to friends and family. Our first look, couple portraits, and wedding party pictures are all beautiful because we took them in the church. Tip: the prettiest spot may be in the ladies' room!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Rachel T

Felicity Church was the most beautiful and unique venue I could have imagined! With an architectural background, this was a dream to have had as our ceremony and reception space. Even more so, Chris was such a fantastic and supportive person to work with! I could not thank him... Read More enough for all the work he did not only day of, but throughout our wedding planning. I would recommend Felicity for every couple! It will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Elizabeth C

We had our dream wedding at Felicity Church on 10/6/17. I searched for the perfect venue in multiple states, and I am so excited we decided on this one. We wanted a natural, vintage/minimal look, and this ticked all the boxes. The downstairs "fellowship hall" and outdoor patio... Read More are perfect for cocktail hour, and the bridal room was the perfect touch for having some privacy after the ceremony while we ate and signed our license. And the You can see from the pictures how beautiful it is, but being in there with all the natural light is really something else. Chris was super helpful with everything we needed from start to finish - even when in the weeks before, I felt like I emailed so many times with stupid questions! He and his wife are wonderful & so kind, and we are thankful to have had them there for our wedding. More than anything, when searching for vendors we wanted to find good people to work with, because we wanted to relax and feel at ease on our special day. Even during our procession, right before I entered with my dad, I remember being SO nervous - and Chris and his wife were standing there ready to open the doors for us with big smiles. Thank you, Felicity Church, for the best day of our lives! They are by far the best venue in the city, so book them while you still can! :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Mallory J

Felicity Church will forever have a special place in our hearts. For starters, my husband and I planned a destination wedding from AZ and Chris was a pleasure to work with. He was always responsive and was an integral part in our wedding day success. As the bride, I did not have... Read More the chance to do a site tour of the facility prior to booking, my first time seeing it was 3 days before the wedding and I must say all the beautiful pictures of this place still don't give it the justice it deserves. Our wedding weekend was threatened by the arrival of Hurricane Nate. Chris had two events scheduled back to back before our wedding so I know he was extremely busy. The day before our wedding the city of NO imposed a 6pm curfew and our ceremony was scheduled to begin at 6pm. I immediately contacted Chris and he sprung into action. We had to make a very tough decision to move the ceremony start time up from 6pm to 1 pm due to the curfew but Chris and his team were there to ensure the last minute change would be seamless. I am forever grateful to Chris and all of the vendors that worked together and diligently to make sure our wedding would be as close to planned as possible. Even though our wedding weekend full of stress and chaos, it ended up perfect and we have Chris/Felicity Church to thank for it!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Henry D

My wife and I were married here in July. I'm confident we had the best wedding ever and using Felicity was a major reason why. Chris is the absolute best and helped us every step of the way. He had great ideas and supported us carrying out ours. Three months later, our family... Read More and friends continue to rave about Felicity. It's beautiful, fun, and perfect in every way. Recommend....1000%

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Amy H

After having our hearts set on, and then being disappointed by, another venue, we stumbled upon Felicity by chance. As soon as we walked in and saw the beautiful exposed brick and the absolutely stunning job that Chris and his wife had done restoring the building, we knew it... Read More was the place for us. From unlimited correspondence in the months leading up to the wedding, to letting us walk through the building multiple times to calm my fears, to helping us to self-coordinate a New Orleans wedding from Chicago, Chris was absolutely wonderful to work with. Plenty of vendors assure you that your wedding will be wonderful if you choose them for your special day, but everything about Felicity Church delivered, from start to finish. I'll never forget dancing the night away to "Shout" with all of the people I love the most, and not having to worry about ANYTHING the night of my wedding. Would choose Felicity again, and again, and again!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Ashley B

Gosh, where to begin! First & foremost, if you are getting married in New Orleans you are already doing it right. But, if you decide to choose Felicity Church then you REALLY are doing it right. We already planned to have our wedding at the stunning Race & Religious, which is... Read More amazing enough. However, having a second line parade was a high priority to my husband and I and we really wanted it to be a parade; not just a walk around the block. My husband and I are also both Catholic and had a hard time finding a Catholic church near R&R to do the parade to. That's where Riki at R&R came in as she suggested Felicity since her and her husband recently got married there. At the time of our first site visit, the church was undergoing renovation but we already loved what we saw. And even better was that Chris was very responsive and helpful from the get-go. My husband and I live in Chicago so when we returned for another site visit a few months later, we couldn't believe how gorgeous the renovations came out; the history of the church was still very much intact but the restoration of the architecture and keeping that distressed beauty was incredible. We knew this was where we had to have our ceremony. Through the months, like several of our vendors, Chris became like a friend more than the church owner. His warmth and excitement for us was wonderful and the attention he paid towards us during the planning process made me feel like he was planning his own wedding! Chris was also incredibly generous by allowing us to ship some items out for the wedding in advance (again, we live in Chicago) to be stored there till our wedding. He was even kind enough to let us leave a few items behind that we didn't want to spend the money on to ship back as we knew we would never use these items again, saying he would find a good home for them; COMPLETELY above & beyond what he needed to do! I would get married in Felicity Church to my husband over and over again because it really is just that fantastic of a space and Chris and his wife are just that awesome!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Aimee J

Someone else here said that getting married at Felicity was the easiest choice they made - we second that emotion. This was a destination wedding for us (March 2017), on a relatively tight timeline (less than 5 months) and walking in to Felicity it was instantly apparent that... Read More this space was cool all on its own and wouldn't need a ton of time consuming design interventions to make it feel warm and elegant and memorable - it just IS those things, all on its own. Safe to say we had high standards, but weren't willing to go through all the planning minutiae, and Felicity ticked all the boxes. We wanted a hobbit style wedding (not themed, but that kind of candlelit not too stuffy but a little opulent vibe) and the space captured that perfectly. This place is MEMORABLE for you and for your guests. Particularly because this was a destination wedding we wanted to make sure that the reception didn't feel like we could've had it just anywhere - this is not your average catering facility or open loft space, it has rich history, lovingly restored, and great modern amenities. It also has Chris, who is exactly the kind of person who you'd want to have your back for a wedding, calm, responsive, accommodating, frankly the kind of person you'd want to be friends with. The opposite of the slimier upsell you might encounter in your planning travels. What else...the light! Did we talk about the light? Exchanging vows as the sun lowered through huge stained glass windows, come on. This place manages to feel holy without being tied to a particular religion, elegant without trying too hard, and your guests will be raving about it. Just walk through those big gorgeous doors, you'll see what I mean.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Andreia S

Felicity was perfect for our wedding. Chris went above and beyond and was great for the entire process. The building is a perfect blend of New Orleans Vibe, Church setting, and Rustic Charm. Can't imagine a venue that is more "us" than Felicity. We can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Kate W

We got married on 2/11/17 and Felicity Church was perfection. It is the most beautiful venue inside and out. The minute you walk up the street, you see this stunning building and the quaint courtyard. The downstairs is modernized with hanging light bulbs, but the original... Read More architecture was kept to make you feel the history. I would have booked this venue on the stairs alone because you can see the history, and they are absolutely beautiful and unique. The pews in the sanctuary are originals, and the sanctuary has these high ceilings with the original beams and huge windows. We decided to have our ceremony and reception at Felicity as this was a destination wedding for us, and we knew Chris (owner) would help make our dreams a reality. We had the ceremony with the gorgeous pews upstairs, then we had a Second Line to the downstairs and courtyard while the room got flipped, and we came back upstairs for the reception. Chris was one of the best resources for our wedding in so many ways. He helped plan, try out different and unique floor plans, work with our vendors and give them venue tours… he truly worked with us on every level and was so professional but also extremely kind. On the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly thanks to him, and I have never met someone so organized and thorough. I’m so glad I trusted my wedding to him and Felicity. We had so many friends and family coming up to us and commenting on the venue and asking how we found it. The fact that the room was flipped in one hour on the dot from a ceremony to a stunning reception for 150 people, blew our guests out of the water. Chris managed transforming the space and had the amazing tables and pews for us to reuse which gave us a huge savings with rentals. This was such a unique layout, and having our vows said on the stage and then the band perform on it was so visually appealing. Felicity was the best decision we made, and Felicity will always be part of our hearts!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Cate I

We were married here on 12/29 and it was so stress-free and homey. Chris was so accommodating in terms of visiting and decorating-- ours was a destination wedding, so we had to visit several times, and then various family members, caterers, etc. would stop by.... He was so... Read More patient! Our photos are stunning and the acoustics were great. Can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Aimee

We were beyond pleased with our decision to get married at Felicity. The space is absolutely beautfiul and was the perfect setting for our ceremony! They were so easy to work with and planning could not have been easier. I would highly recommend Felicity as a venue for either a... Read More ceremony or reception.

Chris Jones

My wife Jess and I purchased Felicity Church in 2011. The church had sat vacant and damaged since Hurricane Katrina in 2005. We were married in Felicity in 2013; the first marriage in almost a decade. After experiencing so much love and joy at our wedding, we decided to let others feel that same bliss and began working on bringing the church into the 21st century. After years of planning, Felicity reopened its doors as a nondenominational sanctuary of love and acceptance in 2016. We invite you and your loved ones to spend your happiest days with us, in this historic and hallowed place.